Random Image

2019 Flood

Owner: Shirley
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:30:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Photos Old and New

Started by Pat, March 29, 2016, 02:44:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beverly

Thank you all for the nice comments on the photo. Originally the bride and groom were part of an arbor type centerpiece and the bride had a flouncy skirt. All that's left is the bisque figurine.

Sandy - Funny you should mention my hair. It was a hot, humid and windy day and my hair just "did its own thing".  :) By the way, I think Brynn and your granddaughter Madison knew each other at one time.

Beverly

Bubble - Thanks for the link. I hope Sato and Sachiko weren't in the path of that typhoon. I just looked at the videos and pictures.  Scary!

Sato

Thank you. Sato is OK for the typhoon and the big earthquake. Our area is far from the points.
Photos and Videos are my Hobbies. (S.Sato)

Sandy

Quote from: Beverly on September 05, 2018, 11:25:50 PM
Sandy - Funny you should mention my hair. It was a hot, humid and windy day and my hair just "did its own thing".  :) By the way, I think Brynn and your granddaughter Madison knew each other at one time.

Do you really think that that Brynn and Madison
knew each other?     They look a lot alike.  And if they both hung
around Portland / Westbrook, perhaps you are right!!

Or maybe Brynn knows my daughter Erin "Dilly" Davidson who
is well known around  the Portland Area.

Sandy

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

Mary Ann

Sato, it's good to hear that you are safe.  Now there is an earthquake in the north.  That area has been hit hard.  For such a small island, Japan has been the target of a lot of bad weather. 

If you are safe, I think Sachiko probably is also just because she's in the same general area as you.

Thanks for answering so quick.

Mary Ann

Beverly

Sandy - They might have met at camp when they were younger. Brynn lived in Maine. I know they were FB friends at one time. Brynn is 27 now.

Sato

Thanks, Mary Ann.  I hope that Sachiko would write about herself, particularly the exact information on her safety.   

Vanilla-Jackie

Sato...
...thank you for keeping us Informed of your safety, yes I wish we had an update on Sachiko...

Jackie..
" There is no present like the time "

Sandy

Bev,

I just checked with Madison and she wrote back:

"I don’t know her well but we did go to camp together!
I remember her!!
Tell her congrats on her wedding ❤️❤️"
Maddie

I know that Madison loved that camp and went a
couple of years...  Funny how occasionally our
families meet up with one another... 

Thanks for letting me know.
Sandy 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

angelface555

The month and a half of steady rains brought on by a Siberian high meeting a Canadian low directly over us and settling have finally dissipated. Now we have very early morning frosts and our temperatures range from mid-forties for lows and mid-fifties to early sixties for highs. Here are a few of the autumnal colors showing. The photo is blurred but I wanted to show the differences in seasonal coloring. The below tree is dark purple in the summer and I don't know what it is other than ornamental.

[attachimg=1]

angelface555

Here is the same type of tree in the fall.

[attachimg=1]

angelface555

Autumnal colors

[attachimg=1]

angelface555

[attachimg=1]

angelface555

This is not my photo but shows,(We're part of the earth's "ring of fire."); Mt. Redoubt across the isle from Sitka. It is one of Alaska's most active volcanoes.

[attachimg=1]

Mary Ann

Patricia, I am not sure I'm ready for Fall yet, however, I am relieved to have the hot, hot weather gone.  We haven't hit 70 yet today and as it is now after 6 pm, I doubt we will.  It's sweater weather and I love it.

Mary Ann

angelface555

MaryAnn, I'm definitely not ready as this is normal for October, not September! I'm just glad the rains seem to have gone!

I'm sorry about the blurring. I cannot hold the cell phone camera still with one hand and keep it still with my arthritic hands. My SLR works but it is a large camera, and I'm not comfortable walking around alone with it.

jackwv

Patricia your photos are great, no problem with a little blurring.  Since you take so many from your home, you might invest in a holder for the phone when taking photos.  Just keep them coming.

angelface555

Jack, I can use my SLR at home. It's just not something I would want to take out and be lost or stolen. I may have run the full gambit of photos from home, I need to get out like I used to. To go out to the Sanctuary or to Alaskaland or the large outdoors farmer's market. In short, I've become a procasternater, always planning to do it tomorrow.

I'm not familiar with devices to hold a cellphone steady. My hands are very arthritic.

Sato

At the end of August - crape myrtle

FlaJean

Enjoyed the photos.  Patricia, what a difference in the colors of the trees from summer to fall.  We don’t have the dramatic change in color here.  I guess it is too warm in the fall although much cooler in fall and winter than south Florida.  We spent two weeks several years ago in the northeastern states of New Hampshire, Mass. and Vermont.  It was during the peak time of the beautiful fall colors.  The weather was lovely sweater weather and we enjoyed our trip so much.

Sato, the crepe myrtles in our area have dropped their flowers. So far I have only seen the Rose and cream colored blooms, but in Ocala there were several dark lavender crepe myrtles in our neighborhood that were favorites.

JeanneP

Finely the rains have stopped. Left it cold. almost felt like turning the furnace on today. What a crazy summer it has been.

JeanneP

Shirley

Gorgeous colors, Patricia!  I am anxious for fall, been a strange summer here and am thinking we will have a hard winter by all the early signs.  We're due.... need to kill bugs & hopefully fungus that's killing my little trees.  I always enjoy your world, thank you.

Sato, that is the color my tiny crape myrtle bush is, just a couple little blossoms this year.  I have another started and plan to move it to a permanent location in the front of my house after the first frost.  I will check with the local nursery before transplanting, I don't have my mother's green thumb.  Probably be many years before mine is a beautiful as your photo.

so_P_bubble

Wow Angel, it makes me wish this was less of a reclaimed desertic country! Those colors are gorgeous.
Same for the crape myrtle.

Sato

Zephyranthes in the corner of our garden

so_P_bubble

a real beauty... and lots of pollen for the bees!

Mary Ann

Beautiful flower, Sato.

Mary Ann

jackwv

Great photo of a lovely flower  Sato

Sato

Bubble, Mary, Jack, thank you so much. I added one more picture today.   

Shirley

I've never seen that flower before, Sato, so had to Google to find out more about it.  Interesting plant and must be very pretty in your garden.  Right now I have the blue morning glories all around my house but hate to pull them down when they are so colorful in the mornings.  As I look out over the river I notice a change in colors of the trees, turning that fall yellow to brown, but just a hint so far.  The rains we had this past week have the grass nice and green so a contrast.  Thanks for the photos!

so_P_bubble

Posting for Mary Ann

Meet Kendrick

[attachimg=1]