Random Image

Me at 34

Owner: Sandy
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:44:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Bosom Buddies

Started by Pat, March 29, 2016, 01:17:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SharonE

Wow, you've all been busy.  I didn't take notes, so will comment on what I remember.  Mary, you've been getting a lot of rain--good for crocheting the blankets!  Don't blame you for not going out in the rain.

We haven't had much.  Yesterday was a bad day for me. Weak & tired when I got up, then had to pack for John, stop at 2 groceries on the way home, so was really tired.  I watched TV till almost 12:00 and then suddenly had horrible diarrhea. I made it to the bath room, but it was still a mess. I cleaned up as much as I could ad then took a shower.  I know TMI, but it was traumatic.  Then I went to bed and slept till 4:00 when I needed to go to the bathroom. I lost my balance and kept grabbing things and going forward till I ended up on the closet floor--and John not at home. It took me 20 mins to inch to the tub and pull myself up by holding on the handles.  I didn't hurt myself, but sure scared me. Then I had to get up at 7:45 because my cleaning girl was coming early. I know that doesn't sound early to most people, but it sure is to me! I had cleaned up most of the mess from last night and she finished it this morning.  I've organized all my pills and done a few other things, but not much.  What a day!  John called me from Houston and had had no problems. Then he was going to Sydney and Wellington and will arrive tomorrow AM their time.

Yesterday was Braeden's 20th birthday. Can hardly believe it. He sounded so grown up when I talked to him. 

All for now. Cross your fingers for a more peaceful night tonight. Sharon

maryz

Sharon, so sorry about your scary fall.  That's really tough at "our age"- especially when we're alone (even if just briefly)  It's one reason I'm glad I'm here.  I've started using a cane any time I'm out of my apartment.  And I keep my walker by the bed, and use it when I get up at night. That's when I'm mostly likely to be unsteady.  Just for some added security and peace of mind.
"When someone you love dies, you never quite get over it.  You just learn how to go on without them. But always keep them safely tucked in your heart."

jane

Sharon...what a scary time and sure hope you're feeling better today and can just rest and sleep.

Mary...good idea on the walker for nighttime use.

Darlene...glad you had a good bd.

We went into the local ARNP office yesterday afternoon, thinking it was all walk-ins that day. Not so, so we had a 2.5 hour wait to be seen between appts.  Then to WalMart for another 45 minute wait for the insulin pen prescription to be filled.  Today will be his first day trying the insulin. 

Another foggy morning and I'm not anxious to get out and about. 

jane

Marilyn

Good Morning Buddies. It is still early morning here at 6:42. I have been up since 5, to shower and take my Alendonate pill. Keith doesn't usually get up until around 8. It is raining here this morning so that means no walk for freckles unless I take her to the mall to walk, which I may do later.

Furry friends is having the Canine Good Citizens testing at the mall today, however Freckles is not allowed to go there since she growled at some dog  about a year ago, while wearing her FF vest.Not good advertising for Furry Friends.

SCFSue

Good morning, Sharon, Mary, Jane, and Marilyn and whoever is looking in this morning.  It is foggy here this morning but expected to clear up later today.  I don't have much planned (except to get dressed and get a walk in) for the rest of the day.  I've had breakfast and cleaned up the kitchen, but so far nothing else.

Sharon, I'm sorry to hear about your rough night.  I hope today will be better and you can catch up on rest.  I'm glad John called you from Houston while waiting for his connection.  Please take it easy and keep us posted.

Mary, I don't use a cane much, but do keep a 4 wheeled push thing (I don't know what to call it!) in my bedroom and use it to get up at night when it's dark and I need to use the bathroom.  It has a folding top which I can use to put my supper things on (so I can eat in my den while the news is on) and I also use it to take laundry to my laundry room--it's really been a life saver!  I left my cane at Chik'n Salad Chik last year when my bridge club met there and never did get back there to ask for it.

Jane, I'm sorry about the long waits yesterday at The ARNP's office and also at Wal-Mart.  It must have been exhausting for Ray (and you!).  I hope the insulin will be helpful and he sees improvement ASAP.  Dealing with all that really puts a damper on your day.

Marilyn, I'm sorry that Freckles has been banned from the mall.  I don't think Growling while on a leash is much of a threat!  It sounds like the organizers are pretty finicky!  I hope Keith has a good day and you and Freckles, too.

Mary, I also keep my walker by my bed at night in case I need to go to the bathroom--although I very seldom wake up at night and my bathroom opens into my bedroom.  I'm always afraid of falling in the dark and with no one here it is a bit scary.  My walker has a table like thingie on it and I do use it in the evening when I want to watch the news while eating my supper.  I also use it to take dirty clothing to the laundry room and other chores where I'd have to make 2 trips from the bedroom to the kitchen and laundry room.

Have a nice day, Every Buddy.
Sue

maryz

Sorry about all the waiting, jane - I hate it when that happens.  But I always have a book with me (ebook on my phone), so it's not too bad.  I assume Ray had not been on insulin before.
 I hope it works for him.

Sue, misty/foggy/drizzly now here.  But it is supposed to clear up sometime tomorrow.

Sharon, hope you got to sleep really late today and are feeling better.

Marilyn, good luck with getting your walk in.

I was amazed when I slept until 8 this morning (after getting up twice during the night).  I can't remember when I've slept that late.  And we had had another 2.5" of rain since dark last night. We're up to almost 10" now - and it's supposed to rain through tonight. A number of school systems were closed yesterday because of flooded roads.

Happy weekend, Buddies!
"When someone you love dies, you never quite get over it.  You just learn how to go on without them. But always keep them safely tucked in your heart."

SharonE

We got lots of rain last night and some still today. Yuck!

Thanks, everyone, for the commiseration on my rough night.  I had thought about borrowing a walker again while John is gone at least. I'm glad you girls are on top of things.

Since I was up early yesterday, I set an alarm for 8:45. It rang until 9:15 when I finally heard it!  Being hard of hearing makes hearing an alarm difficult.  Last evening I napped about 2 hrs on the couch while supposedly watching TV. I woke up at 10 and stayed up through the ll:00 news. I didn't get up at all last night, but I had my cane by my bed just in case.

This AM, I've packed my bag for the trip except for toiletries & jewelry I'll carry in my tote. That was on my mind, so glad to have it done. John had stuff so spread out, I couldn't do it till he left.

It's pretty quiet here.  I did fix salmon and asparagus last night for dinner. John won't eat them and they're easy to fix.

I have my SS lesson to read for tomorrow, but otherwise I'm free.

Jane, I hate that Ray has to go on insulin. Both my dad and brother did too.  Be sure to balance his food, activity, and insulin, but I'm sure the drs have told you that. Insulin shock isn't funny.  I don't know what the acronym ARNP stands for, but waiting that long is terrible. Hope you had a book or yarn.

Marilyn, I take my thyroid in the middle of the night and then go right back to sleep. No way would I get up at 5 AM.  Hope you get a walk in and that K is good.

Have a good weekend everyone!  Sharon

maryz

Sharon, I take alendronate, too.  My instructions are to take it on an empty stomach and not sleep or lie down or eat for 30 minutes.

jane

Mary...Sue...good idea on the walker by the bed.  I'm thinking maybe I'll need to get one for Ray for when we're home...or maybe further along in the chemo.

Sharon...hope you're feeling better now.

Marilyn...hope the rain has stopped for you.

ARNP=Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner.  It's sort of like a Physician Assistant (PA) but ARNP's don't need to practice under a doctor in Iowa, though I think most do in a medical practice.

We both felt punky this morning, but things are better this afternoon, and we got out to the Kite Store and Bill did buy back one of Ray's kites for a fair price.  He then wanted to just go for a ride for a bit, so we did that.  We also walked around the complex and down by the beach.  Meatloaf is in the oven for supper.

Yes, insulin is new...because the chemo is raising his numbers so much.  He still also takes 2 pills...Januvia and Actos.  He just needs one shot a day at this point and a very low dose...6 units. 

I'm trying to fill out some forms for this cancer policy we have and they want names, addresses, phone numbers and why for all the doctors he's seen in the last 3 years.  Good grief.  I just remembered the dermatologist...hadn't thought of him before.

Have good Saturday night...

jane

SharonE

Jane, the questions they ask are ridiculous in my opinion.  The RDNP threw me because we just call them nurse practitioners here and in IN.

I got the walker from my neighbor across the street. She had double knee replacement 2 years ago and doesn't need it now. She loaned it to me for my knee replacement and when I was through with it, I passed it on to our next door neighbor. When he finished, he returned it to Susan.  I also loaned him my bedside potty that can have the pail removed and sits over the toilet or can be put in the shower as a shower chair.  Greatest thing ever for our problems.

Did a little wash, but nothing much.  Sharon

jane

Afternoon, Ladies!  No fog this morning, which was nice.  Sunny now but windy...winds from that blizzard heading across the midwest and the rains in the south headed toward Sue.

We did get a walk in outside and just finished off our meatloaf for lunch today.  Tonight is a Caulipower pizza and then the freezer will be pretty empty. 

jane

maryz

It's a lovely windy day today - with this odd bright light in the sky.  It rained all night - total rain for this "event" (8 days) in my gauge was 11.25"!!!  Yesterday, a Subway restaurant a couple of blocks from me was crushed by a mudslide down the hill behind it. Fortunately, they had closed the day before and no one was injured. Scary! The temp is about 60 and I've got my sliding door open.  Margaret came by on her way to the Lady Vols game and we had brunch at the Waffle House (one of my favorites).

jane, when do you move?  at the end of February?

Lots of our blooming trees are starting to  come out - flowering crab, flowering cherry, Bradford pears, etc.  But I'm sure winter isn't over yet.

Have a good Sunday, Buddies!

jane

Mary...lots of pretty things starting to bloom here, too, but poor Iowa is buried in snow and blizzard conditions.  Yes, we'll move on Friday to Harlingen.  My sister and BIL are coming tomorrow, if they can get out of Ohio.  We'll sure miss the Gulf view, but at least won't have to deal with snow and ice and cold for at least a month.

jane

SCFSue

Good afternoon, Buddies.  Olyne picked me up for SS and Church. She dropped me off afterwards and I have changed into jeans and a comfortable sweater as it is warm outside right now.  The AC at the women's basketball game will be chilly (IMHO!) but I think the sweater will be enough.  This is the next to the last AU Women's bball game at home.  My alma mater, South Carolina, will be visiting here on next Thursday, the 28th.  I think it will be a tough game--and I have mixed feelings about it.  I'm still a Gamecock most of the time!

Oh my Gosh, Mary!  What a scary thing about the mudslide and crushing of the Subway restaurant!  Thank goodness no one was there and there were no injuries.  My pear tree is blooming and I'll probably be able to put up a few--they are not edible if not cooked.  I just boil them until a bit soft and keep them refrigerated until I use them.  This tree was here in my yard when I moved in.

Jane, how was the cauliflower pizza?  I've seen them advertised, but haven't seen one at Kroger yet.  I do like cauliflower but have never thought about it in a pizza.  Are you planning to go home soon or will you stay until Ray has finished his appointments?  Some of the news from the Midwest shows pretty heavy snow still coming down.

Sharon, I'm glad you have a walker to use when you need it.  With John on his trip, you probably aren't cooking as much and hopefully can use the time to catch up on your reading and be able to relax and enjoy the quiet.

Our youngest children sang for us this morning during their time with the pastors.  Our choir director is good with them and we adults always love their performances.

Sue

Cottoncandy

Hi Buddies....nice day here..no wind and 70...went to church this morning...just been reading and piddlling this afternoon...Jane it's good you are staying extra month...hope all goes well with Rays treatments...my number 2 son usually calls about this time...so better get off IPad....Hi to Sharon Mary Sue Jeanne Jane And Marlyin.....Darlene

SCFSue

Good morning, Buddies.  It's still pretty cool here this morning, but lots of sunshine and should get warmer later in the day.  I've already brought my #1 trash can up as that truck has already been here, but my new recyclable trash can is still down there.  I think I heard another truck stop down there, so it's probably empty now, too.

Yesterday I missed the first AU women's basketball home game ever.  I expected Norma was going to pick me up as usual, but she didn't show up.  I called her about 30 minutes before the game was to start and she said she couldn't go.  I wish she'd have let me know as I could probably have ridden with Tim and Kris.  We only have one more home game on Thursday with my alma mater, South Carolina.  I hope I can get a ride to the game!  I've been thinking about not renewing my season's tickets, but I do enjoy going to the games.

Not much else going on here today except laundry and some tidying up.  Have a nice day, Every Buddy.

Sue

jane

Sue...Norma should have let you know she wasn't going.  We are planning to stay in Harlingen through March and maybe beginning of April...depending on how his treatments schedule out.  We'll move up there on Friday.  The cauliflower crust pizza I like is Caulipower Pizza.
 I did not like the O So Good one...tasted like cardboard to me.  I don't detect any cauliflower taste in either one.

We've been to the grocery store and now will await my sister and BIL arrival tonight.
 They'll be with us until Friday when we move to Harlingen and they fly home. 

It's a cloudy but pleasant day here...we need to walk again this afternoon. 

jane

maryz

jane, are Ray's treatments in Harlingen?  I know it'll be easier for airport access in any case.  I hope the move goes well, and glad you'll have help.

Sue, sorry you missed the ballgame.  I let my Lady Mocs tickets go when I knew I didn't want to drive there and go by myself.  A friend had gone with me several times after John died, but then he and his wife were in Florida all winter, so he wasn't available to go.

Nothing going on much this week.  I'll pick up a Walmart order tomorrow - SO exciting!  Margaret will pick me up on Friday to go to her place for the weekend.  There's a shower for Darby (Jesse's fiancee) on Saturday. It is SO nice to have a couple of days of sunshine.  My bluebirds are back, and have been gobbling down the mealworms.  I refilled the feeders and put them out.  No problem yet with squirrels, but that'll probably chance when they have their babies.  But in the meantime the finches, pine siskins, titmouses (titmice??), wrens, etc., are back with a vengeance.

jane

Mary...yes, Valley Cancer Associates is not far from where we'll be staying. That's why the move...not wanting to be on the Island during Spring Break and fighting that traffic.

I need to finish up a few more things computer-wise and then get him out for a walk.

jane

SharonE

Jane, so glad you'll be warm and near the cancer center till Ray has completed his treatment. It will be nice too to have family visit before you move.  Take it easy carrying things in.

Sue, too bad about missing the game. Perhaps she had a sudden health problem. Still she should have said so.  I like having Recycle baskets too. I keep a plastic crate on top of my dryer for convenience and if it gets too full, john dumps it in the one in the garage.  Of course, for one person, you probably don't need that.

It seems that a lot of recipes are using riced cauliflower instead of bread or potatoes.  Seems like a good idea.

Mary, nice that you'll go to Margaret's for the weekend and that she took you to brunch Sunday.  I sure wish at least one of our kids was close enough for that.  Can't wait till Thursday to head for Mel's.

I felt much more secure with the walker when I got up during the night.

I washed 3 loads of clothes yesterday to get them all done before I leave, so I spent half the morning folding them.  I can't carry them, so I either used a cane to pull them or kicked them along from the laundry to the bedroom.  Anyway, that's all done and put away.  John usually does more than half of it, so I felt like there was a lot.  I also hung up all the shirts, blouses and slacks.  It will be nice to have everything clean except what we had on our trips.

Speaking of which, a Tauck rep called yesterday to tell me John had arrived safely. He said he was going to ask if one would, but you never know if they will acquiesce.  I wasn't too worried, but it was still nice to hear from him.

Darlene, it was really windy yesterday and blew off a lot of the cherry blossoms.  However the magnolia are starting to bloom, so that will be pretty.  Glad your weather is good. We're in the 60's and sunny today.

I hope things are going well in OR with Marilyn today and that Jeanne didn't get hit too hard with the latest snow. I know that a lot of the midwest did, but I didn't check Champaign.  Lori is fortunate in Chicago to be able to work at home when it's too bad. Sometimes, if she absolutely has to go to the office, she takes an Uber even though she has her own car. That's something you should consider with your car out of commission.

Hi to Joy and Ginny Ann and Alpiner and anyone else I missed.  Sharon

maryz

Sharon, glad you're using the walker at night.  It's a great "mind-easer".  And what a good idea to have the company to call and tell you John had arrived safely.  Glad you're getting in a trip, too.

Marilyn

It has been raining a lot here but we are surviving. I did get to take Freckles for 2 walks while it wasn't raining  but not as many walks as we take when it is not raining.

I am thinking about making Spaghetti for supper tonight.

SharonE

We're getting webfeet here in the Carolinas, so I can empathize, Marilyn. Spaghetti sounds good. I use a canned sauce but then add hamburger, mushrooms, and lots of spices (Italian).

It's 2:30 AM here and I'm wide awake for a change.  I was writing a birdwatching article for our community magazine in my mind, so finally got up to play on the computer to break the cycle.

I went over to my neighbors to tell them when I was leaving and to chat. We've done very little of that this winter since he had both knees replaced in Oct.

I'm going to get a mani/pedi tomorrow so I can wear sandals in FL. Looking forward to that.

No other news here.  Hi to all. Hope you are all sound asleep! Sharon

SCFSue

Good morning, Buddies.  My cleaning ladies were here this morning at 8:00 and thankfully I was up and dressed.  Some of these cloudy mornings I like to sleep or at least lie in my bed a while.  I try to always get up early on cleaning day, though.  Both these women are 60 or almost and they do a great job, but I worry that they may retire soon.  They have brought several young women with them that they are training and most of them have not worked out.  It seems as if the young women don't really like working this way and when they've brought one of the trainees, she never shows up again.

It's cloudy here today and I need to get outside and get a walk in before it rains.  (or IF it rains)!

Sharon, I'm sorry you were wide awake at 2:30--not a fun thing, IMO!  When are you leaving for your trip?  I know you'll enjoy seeing your girls.

Marilyn, I hope you and Freckles were able to get outside for a walk this morning.  I'm planning to walk shortly and hope it doesn't start raining while I'm doing it.

Jane, thanks for the information about Cauliflower pizza.  I'm going to look at Kroger on Friday and will buy one if they have it.  I like cauliflower, but Bob didn't so I only cooked it when he was deployed. 

I'm off to grab my rain jacket and hopefully finish my morning walk before it starts raining.

Have a nice day, Every Buddy
Sue

SharonE

Sue, I leave Thurs AM and return Sun afternoon.  Have a good week and a good walk.  Sharon

maryz

Glad to see that folks are getting back to what we laughingly call "normal".  I got out early and sent a package off UPS (the afghan for Sarah and Carson) and then went for my pickup order at Walmart.  The guy came right out to the car and went back for my order.  He came back with some bags and said they had missed part of it and it would be a few minutes for the rest.  OK - I did some reading in my book, then realized 30 minutes had gone by.  I called in and said to just bring me what they had, and I'd reorder anything that was missed.  The guy came out with a couple of bags and apologized profusely for the wait.  I asked for my thing to sign and he said it hadn't been charged because of my long wait.  I still questioned, laughing and saying I didn't want to be arrested for shoplifting.  He apologized even more and sent me on my way.  On checking my bags when I got home, I couldn't identify anything missing.  So essentially, Walmart GAVE my substantial order as an apology for my having to wait.  Needless to say, I'm VERY impressed!

Sharon, sorry you were up in the middle of the night.  I always sleep well at first in the bed, but have started moving to the chair after I get up for my middle-of-the-night potty break - usually between 2-4 a.m..  And then I sleep until 6-7!  Doesn't make much sense, but I'll definitely take it.

Sue, it looked like you might be getting a pretty good rainstorm today.  We're certainly enjoying our sunshine and waiting for the river levels to go down.

Happy Tuesday, Buddies!

alpiner1

The rain has finally let up for 3 days now but another bit tomorrow .  We had a bit of hail & snow on Thursday which is unusual for southern California ! The roads are full of pot holes , I swerve around them on the freeway to save the tires .

SCFSue

Good morning, Buddies.  I've had breakfast, cleaned up the kitchen, showered and am almost dressed for bridge club this afternoon.  I'm eating left-overs for lunch before Terri picks me about 12:45.  We start playing at 1:00 at Marilyn Blanton's home (she's a new member and has taken Helen's place.)

Helen is still alive and apparently kicking--she had her 99th birthday recently and as she is a longtime member of the Auburn First Baptist Church, they had a special service in her honor on her birthday Sunday.  I didn't attend, but Terri did and said the Church was full.

I hope this finds everyone well and having a nice day.  Enjoy the day, Every Buddy.
Sue

SharonE

Sue, that's wonderful to reach that age and still be with it enough to play bridge and go to church.  Today, after running around trying to get everything together and organized for my trip, I wondered if my time is coming to an end.

Anyway, the bags are packed, dog is at the sitter, my hair is washed, my pain med picked up and all the others organized and my boarding pass printed. So now, I'm going to go fix an omelet or something to eat and relax in front of the TV.

I can't remember if I told you I vomited in the middle of the night and all over me and the sheets, so had to wash everything and make the bed again today. Some got on the carpet, but it's going to have to stay there till I get back.  Not sure what caused it, but I got a sub for bridge today. Just wasn't up to it.

I did get a mani/pedi today, so that was good.

I'm leaving at 9 AM tomorrow and returning Sunday evening. John will be home late on Tuesday.  All my news for the day.

Mary, good for you for getting the afghan sent off. Good luck on doing the other one in time.  John's sister made the loveliest afghans for each of the kids when they go married, but doesn't do it anymore.  She is the one with beginning Alzheimers or Dementia.

Sue, hope you had a good bridge game today.  Back on Sunday.  Sharon

SCFSue

Good morning, Buddies.  It was raining when I got up about 7:00 and my paper was wet although my delivery guy always has it in a tied up plastic bag.  We must have had a big downpour during the night, although I didn't wake up and hear it!  I managed to dry the paper a bit in the microwave and have read it.  Now I need to get into the shower and dress for a boring day inside.  I have my last Women's basketball game at 6:00 this afternoon with South Carolina (my alma mater).  Norma didn't let me know last Sunday that she wasn't going, so I had to miss that game.  I'm going to call her shortly and see if she's planning to go to this one.  If not, I'll see if Tim and Kris will be going.  Maybe they can swing by here and take me.

Sharon, I'm sorry about your middle of the night episode with nausea and vomiting.  Being alone with that going on must have been really scary and exhausting, too.  I hope you are feeling better this morning.  Have a nice trip and enjoy your time with your girls.

Alpiner, it's nice to see you here this morning.  Hail and snow in Southern California must be pretty unusual.  When we lived in San Diego the weather was usually sunny.  That was in the late 60's when Bob was an officer on an aircraft carrier which was stationed off Viet Nam during the war there. I was alone with 3 young sons.  Was also a Cub Scout Den mother, so had other boys in my garage doing projects once a week.  During the troop's Christmas program, Santa Claus was there and my Den and the other Cub Scouts started yelling for "Miss Sue" to sit on Santa's lap--which was very embarrassing for me!  But the kids loved it--so Santa and I went along with it.  It was the first time I'd been that close to Santa since I was about 5 years old.

Mary, we had some rain yesterday and even more this morning.  It did clear up around noon and was clear when Terri picked me up to go to bridge at Marilyn B's home after lunch.  I had some good cards and some not so good, so finished out of the money (everyone puts in a quarter!).

Jane, I hope your move goes well and that Ray's treatments will also go well.  How far did you have to go in your move to Harligen?  Thanks for your tip about cauliflower pizza.  I'll check it out at Kroger on Friday.

Marilyn, I hope you and Keith are doing well today.  How is the new cleaning lady (?) working out?  I have 2 cleaning ladies who come every 2 weeks and that is a big help for me.  My favorite thing is that they change my sheets.  I can't lift the mattress by myself.  Of course this means that I usually shower just before bedtime so that the sheets are still OK for the next week.

Mary, you are right about heavy rain down here this morning.  My paper, although wrapped up in a plastic container was pretty wet.  I put the dampest sections in my microwave and was able to read it, though.  The rain seems to have stopped now, but I think we'll have more later today.

Not much else to report today.  I'm going to call Norma and hope that she'll be going to the Women's basket ball game this evening.  If she isn't maybe my neighbor might like to go and will drive me there.  I HATE not being able to drive myself!

Sue