Random Image

100_0045.JPG

Owner: donklan
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:48:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Bosom Buddies

Started by Pat, March 29, 2016, 01:17:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marilyn

I booked our flight to Kauai this morning. YAY!!! Leaving June 1st returning June 8 arriving home June 9 got the red eye coming home. Excited!!!

JeanneP

Marilyn
Trip sound good. You have earned it this past year. Have a good rest.Is your husband showing excitement in going?
Sun finely out here but along with it came 60 deg winds. Sound so bad out there. I almost got blown away just going to mail box.
Sue. Your car is what I want to find. If I were closer to you I would be begging. But I know you want to keep it. Thing is when they are not in use one still has to pay insurance on them. On my car now it is low. but on pricing others for me it will go up again 600 dollars. I hate that as now I only put about 1200 miles a year one. Lost without on in the drive way though. Never been without for 60 years.

Sharan . I suppose you have a few of JOhns trip photo's on FB. I still can't get into your site on there. He took a lot of them. Be nice to have on DVD or something were people could sit and watch on TV. Like we did years ago. I have still got lots of slides of trips going back to the 60s and enjoyed watching that way. a few wedding also. Doubt anyone will want them later.

JeanneP

maryz

Marilyn, how great that you're getting to go to Hawaii.  I hope you have a great time!
 Which island(s) will you be on?

Sue, I hope you're having a good visit with Bill.

Jeanne, sorry about your continued bad weather and car problems.  I'm glad to have my 2006 Nissan, even though I drive very little any more.  It'll definitely be my last car.

Sharon, I know how long it takes to edit photos.  Good luck.  I know you want to look your best for the wedding, but as I remember, nobody pays much attention to the grandmothers.  ;)  Good luck with your dress hunt, too.  I haven't decided what I'll wear to Sarah's wedding on the 23rd - I just know it'll be something out of my closet.

Nothing going on this week.  At least it's been dry - that is until the storms that we have predicted for tonight - with a chance of severe weather.

Happy Thursday, Buddies!
"When someone you love dies, you never quite get over it.  You just learn how to go on without them. But always keep them safely tucked in your heart."

Marilyn

Mary we will be on Kauai the garden Island.

jane

We did a quick run to the HEB (grocery) store this morning, but they no longer carry here the yogurt Ray likes, and I need some more chai liquid, so we'll make a run to Brownsville tomorrow for those items.

We came back and put away the groceries, then went to the used bookstore and Ray got 13 books and we then went on to Jason's Deli for lunch. 

Just a bit ago one of the couples we go out with called to see how Ray's doing.  She said they have so much flooding now with higher temps and rain.

jane

SharonE

Hi Gals. I met a friend about noon and we went to Dillards--nothing I wanted. She ran into Belks to return some shoes while I stayed in the car. Then we went to David's Bridal shop and finally found a dress I liked at a price I didn't like, but bought it anyway. It is a blushy taupe color, lace with sparkles and has a sheer blush triangular capey thing with rhinestones that fits over the top and hangs down just past the waist.  I had to have the length altered as it was really long.  It is modest and dressy, floor length. I also bought a pair of white SAS shoes/sandals to wear with it. They are flats as I can't wear heels.  They aren't nearly as fancy as I would like, but they fit and are comfortable.  The color is a kind of blushy taupe/mauve.  Very understated.  I hope everyone likes it. I gulped at the price, but this will probably be the last wedding for a while.  Needless to say, I'm exhausted, but my friend was good about working in sit-down breaks for me.  She also found some things she was looking for.

John got to Charleston safely.  I go to the audiologist tomorrow. I hope I don't have to get new hearing aids, but may have to.

Marilyn, Melanie & Sangmin had a timeshare on Kuai and loved the island. If not for the distance and cost, they would have retired there.  Have a wonderful time. You DO deserve it.  I hope K enjoys it too.

Mary, I chose a dress from my closet for the rehearsal dinner, but the wedding is very formal and in a Catholic Cathedral where Monica grew up, so felt I had to fit in.

Jane, glad Ray has lots of books to keep him busy.
Sharon

maryz

Marilyn, we got to Kauai twice - it is a lovely island.  Enjoy!

Sharon, glad you were able to find a dress.  It sounds lovely, and I know you will be lovely in it. What did John particularly like in NZ?
"When someone you love dies, you never quite get over it.  You just learn how to go on without them. But always keep them safely tucked in your heart."

SCFSue

Good morning, Buddies.  Bill just got out of the shower in the other bathroom and we're planning a trip to Kroger.  I need to shower and dress to go to Kroger soon.  Yesterday afternoon we went out to eat dinner and I tripped and fell on the way out of the restaurant.  My right foot (the one which has never really healed completely) gave out on me on our way out the restaurant and is still very sore.  I'll have to wear my brace for at least a week until it feels OK.  Bill will leave early on Sunday morning, so I'll probably get to church with Olyne. 

Not much else to report today.  Sharon, your new dress sounds lovely and I'm sure you'll enjoy the wedding.

Jane, I hope all is well with you and Ray.  Keep us posted!

Have a nice day, Every Buddy.
Sue

Cottoncandy

Good Morning Buddies....Its a cool...windy day here...I did my walk but was bundled up....the wind is cold...Jane you probably have similar weather...Sue..sorry you fell again...hope the soreness gets better...Marlyin..excited for you and K on your trip...it will be wonderful for you both...Sharon glad you found a dress...exciting event to look forward to..Jeanne hope you find a vehicle you like...I don't like to vehicle shop...I have 2...I really need to sell my 88 Toyota..Hi to Mary and any I left out..have a great weekend...Darlene

SharonE

Sue, it sounds like you ought to wear that brace all the time if you've fallen twice in 2 weeks!  It's not fun to get old is it?

Darlene, you sound in good spirits.

I had an "interesting" experience today--I got a call this AM saying I had won 5.5 million from Publisher's Clearing house. He gave me all kinds of info and said they would come at 3:30 this afternoon, but he still had questions and I had to leave for the doctor (hearing), so he said call him when I got back. The more I thought of it, the more like a scam it sounded and I decided to call the Sheriff's dept when I got home and get imput from then. Well, it was a substation with a volunteer, but he had good info for me. I gave him the # I was supposed to call and he said it was Jamaica. Apparently this isn't an unusual type call though I hadn't heard of it.  I didn't give him any info, so no harm done, but I was upset all morning about it.

The audiologist said there was some moisture in the battery cavity and cleaned the rust out as well as she could and then gave me a test.  I do have more hearing  loss and my aids are 6 yrs old, about time to replace, so sometime within the next 6 months I will probably ordera new pair. Another good hunk of change. She is recommending the oticon self charging ones now. She thinks they have improved the most. I'll see how these are for a little while & if I want to order them, all I have to do is call her within 6 mos, the test period.  I recommended one of my bridge friends to her and got the $60 charge for checking the hearing aids cancelled. Good deal.

Well, I need to go to the grocery now.  Have a good weekend. Mine will be lonesome with John gone.  Sharon

alpiner1

I had appts. with both my primary care dr. & cancer dr.   Both said I'm doing good !
Now I am babying a stubbed big toe , it was feeling better , so I wore a regular pair of shoes & it became red & sore again . It was x rayed & its not broken . This morning I discovered the nail seems to be split & is curling up . I have been soaking it in epsom salts . We have several trips planned & I hope it is healed before then !
One trip is to an old car swapmeet in Bakersfield , Ca. Then on to Las Vegas for my birthday for a week !  Later in April we have a Model T Ford tour in Buellton , Ca.  We will be driving the Model T to Solvang one day & Pismo Beach another day , while there we will drive down on the beach & have our picture taken by our car . The wild flowers will be in bloom along the roads too .

jane

Sue...ouch...maybe you do need to consider the brace again.

Sharon...dress sounds lovely.

Darlene...yes, cold and to get rain. 

Jeanne....good luck finding a good used car.

Alpiner...good trips ahead for you.

Marilyn...we've never been to Hawaii, but I'm sure you'll love it.

Mary...hope all is well in TN

We went to Brownsville...just 20 or so miles south of Harlingen...and got what we wanted at  the HEB and WalMart there.  They carry items we can't find anymore here in Harlingen.  We then stopped for lunch at a B'ville restaurant we like in SPI. 

I did a load of laundry before the weekend when lots of those staying here will be off work and maybe wanting the washers.

jane

maryz

jane, glad you're getting settled in.

alpiner, good news from your doctors!  And your upcoming trips sound like lots of fun.

Sue, how long is Bill going to be there?  Enjoy the time with them.  And NO more falls!!

Sharon, sorry about your scam call.  I just never answer the land line, and don't answer anything on the cell if I don't recognize the number. Did John get to Christchurch in NZ?  Such a horror to be perpetrated on such lovely people in such a lovely city.

Darlene, Texas weather is much like Tennessee in the spring - if you don't like it, wait a few minutes - it'll change dramatically.

After severe storms overnight, with 1.5" of rain in an hour, today was lovely and cooler.  Of course, this means that the trees are spewing pollen.  The counts have been off the charts, and I'm sneezing, coughing, and blowing.

I played duplicate this afternoon.  There were 8 tables - my partner and I came in a close second and earned 0.48 MP!!  Nice!

Margaret is going to come over tomorrow to take me out to dinner for my birthday.  Sue's is right about now, too, isn't it?  Happy Weekend, Buddies!

JeanneP

Sharon.  Now you can't have won because I got my letter yesterday say they would be contacting me in next couple day. The did today with a big fat envalope for me to buy and fill in. It is so funny with them as I get to be a finalist every few months and yet I have never fill in anything and sent back to them. gone on for at least 10 years. I don't even open them now. Never heard of a win and yet they have said one is in my area every year. Sure never show a winner on TV.  The man who won all the Billions in the lottery did finely show up the other day after a couple months. Think single about 65 years old . Just wants to buy a truck.
JeanneP

SCFSue

Good morning, Every Buddy.  Yesterday Bill took me out for lunch at Olive Garden for my birthday.  I enjoyed all I ate and brought a lovely, yummy piece of chocolate cake home which I ate last night after our light supper.  He will leave tomorrow morning very early to return home (in Illinois).  I've enjoyed his visit and hope the weather will be OK for his trip home.

When I get dressed shortly, we'll go out for a neighborhood walk.  He is busy as usual with paper work and occasional phone calls to and from his office in Illinois.  He is the Dean of his department and has lots of responsibilities on his plate.  (which is probably good as he has always been a take charge person (which his younger brothers resented when Bob was deployed!).

We'll get out for a walk and will probably watch some basketball games during the afternoon.

Sue

SharonE

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO BOTH SUE AND MARY!!!! :congrats:

John's new partner that he went to Charleston to practice play with for a tournament didn't work out.  Apparently, she wasn't a very nice person, so he came home this morning. I'm sorry it didn't work out for him, but she was 65 going on 15 according to him--knew it all & wouldn't play his conventions at all.

Congratulations, Mary, on your 2nd place win.  A nice birthday gift.  I know you will enjoy going out for dinner tonight too.  Are your feet webbed yet?

Alpiner, maybe you should wear sandals for a while till your toe heals.  Have fun on your trips.

Sue, I know you are proud of Bill and will miss him when he leaves.  Sounds like you had a nice dinner.

Jane, nice to know you can drive 20 miles and find all the things you need if they aren't local.  Good idea on the laundry. I need to get some done too, now that John is home.

HAPPY ST PATRICK'S DAY TOMORROW!

I couldn't get the phone company to block the scammer's # without a monthly fee!  Can you imagine that?  I called the police and left a message on one of the lines. Haven't heard back.  The guy has called a dozen more times since I last posted. 

Jeanne, I had sent in a couple of forms with PCH, so was a little gullible at first. Still didn't tell him anything. I was supposed to call back and didn't.

Marilyn, we've never been to Kauai, but we went to Maui about 25 yrs ago and loved it.   Lots of activities--whale watching, snorkeling, helicopter flights, bicycling down the side of a volcano, etc.  Needless to say, I was in a lot better shape back then. I know our daughter and husband went Kyacking on Kauai and also hiking. Enjoy whatever you do.  Luaus and hula dances are fun too.

I may eat and then go over to the discount stores across the street to pick up some bird seed and a pooper scooper.  Sharon

maryz

Thanks for the birthday wishes.  Margaret was going to come over to take me out to dinner, but I suggested she just wait until we head to Savannah.  I've been up since 3:30 a.m. - having so much trouble with allergies (I hope) - snorting/sneezing/blowing.  I even called for a nurse check about 5:30, afraid I wasn't getting enough oxygen.  Fortunately my O2 level was normal and my BP was normal, so I calmed down finally was breathing easier.  And I've ordered an O2 finger-thing-meter so I can check it myself.  So far I've stayed in my PJs all day, but may get dressed to go up to supper.

jane

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MARY AND SUE!

:hb3:  :hb2:  :hb3:

Thunderstorms overnight and cooler now...temps in low 60s.  We slept late and will go out for

"Slunch"...supper-lunch. ..about 3:00. 

Watching basketball today and reading and some laundry.

Jane

Marilyn

Happy Birthday Mary and Sue

Cottoncandy

Happy Birthday Mary and Sue

jane

Sue's Auburn just won the final against TN.

Big day for men's college basketball as the tournament pairings are announced today.

Quiet day here...neither of us feels very energetic.  It's gloomy outside and here inside, too, I guess. 

Jane

maryz

Yuck on the Tennessee/Auburn game (for me, of course).  I checked on the score a while ago and TN was down by 20 pts.  Terrible!  Congrats to Auburn, though.

Still coughing and wheezing here.  I'll try to go see my pulmonologist in the morning.  I need to get through this quickly. 

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

SharonE

Mary, I'm so sorry you aren't feeling well--and on your birthday too!  I think the trip to the pulmonologist is a good idea.  Take care of yourself.

I'm sorry there are winners and losers of the important games, but then what would be the point? Sorry, Mary and whoever else lost.  I don't think either IU or Butler will be at the NCAA, so I probably won't watch any. Of course, some of the family will be rooting for Purdue.

We've been to church and SS and when we got home I fixed corned beef sandwiches on rye for lunch.  I seldom fix lunch for us both. We each do our own thing, but it IS St. Pat's Day.

We talked to Jocelyne and Jonathan last night.  Joc just turned 30 and thinks she's over the hill! ;D   Jonathan just called to check in and tell us the bachelor's party at Lori's condo has gone well. Hopefully, it will be really cleaned up afterwards.  They actually were gone more than there.  They took a river cruise yesterday on the green river and celebrated St Paddy's Day at one of the clubs, etc.

Nothing else going on here--except laundry!  One more load to do! I've dubbed John as the dirty-clothes fairy!  But there was lots of mine in there too.  I hope the pollen clears up for those allergic. I am somewhat allergic, but pollen isn't in full force here yet. 

Jane, we're finally getting some dry, sunny weather, though cool.  Sharon

SCFSue

Good morning, Buddies.  Bill left yesterday morning at 6:00 a.m. and I couldn't get back to sleep after that.  Olyne called and then later picked me up for the special SS class discussion most of the adult classes have joined.  It is OK, but somewhat over my head and I would have liked another hour of sleep after Bill left.  He got home about 4:30 central time so made pretty good time.  He called when he got home to let me know he was there.

Today I need to check with the Wednesday bridge club to see if it is now my turn and make calls if it is.  I think Sara took my place and they met last week at her house.  Bill and I had a good time, went out to eat several times and I enjoyed him, but he spent a lot of time on calls to and from his office during the day.  I know it's my turn for the Thursday club and I need to make calls to the members today.

Mary, I hope you got something to help with the cough and congestion and got in to see the pulmonologist.  Nothing worse than coughing and wheezing--I know it wears once out when it is so frequent. 

Jane, it is a very happy day here in Auburn.  The newspaper this morning has multiple photos of the celebrating team and lots of praise for the Tigers.  I am still concerned that Coach Pearl had offered a job to an assistant coach who has been recently identified as someone who has "fudged" some recruiting practices.  I hope Coach Pearl drops that candidate as Auburn doesn't need another investigation!

I need to get caught up on laundry.  I did get the sheets on the guest room bed washed and back on the bed yesterday after church.  We had a good time and I enjoyed his visit, but I'm pretty tired after all the activities!

Sue

jane

Cold, rainy, gloomy day here, and neither of us has any energy.  I think it'll be a quiet day here.

Jane

SharonE

Sounds like we all are having a quiet day and lack energy.  I've done a few things, but not much. John is at bridge. Surprise, surprise!

maryz

Sue, I know you'll need to rest up after Bill's visit.  I hope your head is healing well.

I got in to see the pulmonologist this afternoon.  She didn't say anything about anything new, just exacerbation of the usual problems.  But she gave me an in-office breathing treatment (Nebulizer with albuterol) and a prescription for a steroid dose-pack.  I had told her I really needed to be much better by this weekend.  Anyhow, I'm sure this will all help.  But I have begged off from bridge tonight.

Sorry about your nasty weather, jane - we're having a lovely day.  But I just got a message on my phone what we're under a freeze warning for overnight - so winter isn't over yet.

Happy Monday, Buddies!

Marilyn

Freckles and I went to school this morning to teach 2 first grade classes and 2 kindergarten classes all about Responsibility and safety.

I still need to go to the bank today I needs some cash on hand.

Yesterday I made some Golden Paste for both Freckles and I. It is very good for many things. https://deeprootsathome.com/how-to-make-use-turmeric-golden-paste/ It was recommended by another of our Furry Friends who is from East India and has a few Masters degrees in the sciences, She is a trained Microbiologist who specialized in Cancer.

alpiner1

maryz   Have you thought about getting a Nebulizer to have at home ?  I have asthma & COPD ,  my primary dr. gave me a prescription for one .  He said I should take it & my oxygen concentrator with me when we travel too .

maryz

alpiner, my doc offered to prescribe one for me, if I thought it had done any good.  I guess I should probably get one - just to have here when/if I need it.  Thanks for your recommendation, too.  (At least I don't have an asthma component.  :) )