Random Image

Blue Daze

Owner: FlaJean
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:38:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Photos Old and New

Started by Pat, March 29, 2016, 02:44:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radioman34

It's time I jolted myself back to the reality of the present and let my friends know what's happening in my life. I will leave my respite care where I have spent the past several weeks and return to London and take up permanent residence at the Chartwell retirement home. The impact on my life will be tremendous;I'll no longer be able to terrorize medical students in the Standardised Patient Programme, something in which I've been involved almost from its begining. My santa days are over as well, almost 20 years although maybe I can raise interest in my new home.  My Theatrical involvement is no more but in that regard I can take with me the memory of garnering an award on my last performance. Leaving this behind saddens me more than I can express, but life has been good.

jackwv

Don thanks for posting.  You have so many happy memories, and hope you can settle into your new life. Know you have the spirit.

Vanilla-Jackie

Don..
...its a sad day when the time comes of letting go of something we have long come to have enjoyed...This now seems the norm of our now ageing process, as one by one the things we once enjoyed come to an ending but, you know what the old saying is..." when one door closes, another door opens "....just welcome the new chapter in your life that is about to begin...Besides, one never knows, it might even be better than the previous chapters...
" There is no present like the time "

Sandy

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

angelface555

Don, there are many of us here who live in senior apartments, senior buildings, helping roommates, yet we manage to have good lives. We've all given up much of what we had or what we did before. However, it only means that we've gone on to something new. change is constant. And we find hew hobbies, new lives to enjoy. Don't think of what's past, think about the good things awaiting you now.

JeanneP

Don.  Knowing you, we know that you will find many things that will replace the things you are now giving up. Life is still going to be good to you. Just get settled in to the new place you will be moving into. We looking forward to reading what things you will be up to. You are going to cheer up some of the people living there with your stories. Things you can show them.
JeanneP

SCFSue

Don, one thing I've learned in the past 10 years is that life is "different" than it used to be.  It takes a while to adjust to new circumstances, but you have always been upbeat and capable of making new friends.  I know other "Friends" here will join me in wishing you all the best and know you'll have lots of encouragement from us and especially from your dearest friend in Israel!  God Bless you.

Sue

RAMMEL

Don,
Good luck with your relocating. If Chartwell is half of what their website looks like I think you'll have good sailing in no time at all. Don't forget you have all the good people here to cheer you on and listen to any comments.
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

Mary Ann

Don, I wish you well in  your move.  You will meet new people and find something interesting to involve yourself in.  As others have said, look ahead.

Mary Ann

Beverly

This is for Mary Ann Tock and all those who post in Norm's Bait and Tackle. Wish Norm could have seen it.

Beverly

Don - I echo all the words of encouragement from your friends here on Seniors and Friends.  Another chapter in the Game of Life! Wishing you all the best in your new home.

Mary Ann

Beverly, thanks, Norm would have loved it, probably copied it and had it hung by his desk. 

Mary Ann

Shirley

What a neat photo.... and good memories of your brother, Mary Ann.  Loved to watch Norm & Papa John tease & "one up" each other.  Norm was one of those people that "lived life with gusto".... right?   Thanks, Beverly.

Vanilla-Jackie

Ah ha, so that's where his Idea came from, so there is an actual place-building called " Norms Bait and Tackle? "...He would be so proud to know that his room is still being used and still very much going strong...it is good to know his name is being kept alive...

Beverly

Granddaughter Brynn's Wedding

This is how I spent part of my summer. Three generations, me, granddaughter, Brynn, and my daughter, Lauri in beautiful North Conway, N.H.

Beverly

Something Old!

Brynn chose to use this as her "something old". It's part of the cake topper from our wedding 61 years ago. She had a small wedding (thus a small cake). Can't tell you how pleased I was!

FlaJean

Beverly, what a lovely family photo.

Lindancer

Beverly Three good looking women. thanks for posting

I still have my wedding topper from from 73 years ago, but it is a sailor and bride

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

Beverly

Lindancer - What a wonderful keepsake!

jackwv

Wonderful photo of three beautiful women.   

Shirley

Beverly, where is it written that our gr-daughters get to have those nice long legs?  2 of mine are a head taller than me or their mother... the other 2 grands are "just taller".  You 3 do look a great deal alike if you take eyes, noses & mouths  of each, such pretty features, all of you!  I don't even remember if our cake had a topper, my sister made all the arrangements, all I was thinking about was whether I could join my new husband overseas, ours was back in Sept of 1954.  Beautiful bride, mother & grandmother!

Beverly

Shirley - She is fairly tall but also likes spike heeled shoes! Lauri is my shortest child at 5'2" but I've shrunk down to her height.  :)

angelface555

Bev, what a beautiful family keepsake, wedding photo for you!

Vanilla-Jackie

I can see the likeness in all three, such a lovely photo...Oh yes, those spiked heeled shoes, remember those days girls? even I was a good three plus inches taller, and like you Beverly, I was 5.ft 2 and a bit bare foot, but have now shrunk down a tad as I have aged, and with my MS, cant hold myself so straight as I once did...Beverly as for our height, or the lack of it, you are amongst good friends on S & Fs...there are a few more like us... :D

so_P_bubble

Beverly, lovely pictures. And it was a beautiful day too.  So heart warming to collect those memories...

SCFSue

I was 5'6 1/2 inches when I was in College.  When my grandsons were in 5th and 6th grade and came to spend the month of June with me, I commented on how tall they'd grown since I'd last seen them.  The oldest told me he was 5'6".  I said, "Alex, I'm 5'6 1/2"--surely you are mistaken.  He said "Granny, we went to the doctor on Friday and he told me I was 5'6"!"  I was shocked but I was that day (the boys got my yard stick and measured me) and still am about  5'4"!

Sue

so_P_bubble

Click
Here to see what is happening in Japan,

I hope Sato and Sachiko are OK!

JeanneP

Bev. Beautiful wedding photo. Great when people remembered to keep top of Wedding cakes so long. Now she will be able to pass it on.
I think I am still coming in a 5ft 2. Not same weight though.  I have just one Granddaughter and she is 5ft 10.    Still put on 5 inch heels. Her poor brother only made it to 5ft 9. Working out with her children that their eldest son is going to be short. on the twins the boy is short but GGD is already a head taller. All the Texas Grandson are over 6 ft. Not fair how things work out. But as all healthy that what counts.
JeanneP

Mary Ann

Bev. the picture of the three of you is lovely; you do look so much so alike.  Sorry I could not see her heels, but I could see that she is tall.  What a nice thing for you to do with your centerpiece; she should treasure it.

Bubble, I hope Sato and Sachiko are safe. 

Mary Ann

Sandy

Beverly,   
I loved the picture of you and
your Grand Daughter etc.. 

You look fabulous  and I really
like your hair...  Nice Picture of all
of you.

Sandy
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan