Random Image

Mimi last Christmas

Owner:
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:48:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Yarn, Needles and Crafts

Started by phyllis, March 30, 2016, 11:59:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeanneP

Those were really nice. Now are they knit of crochet.  If crochet I may try after looking at the instructions.  Did you put them in here? if so when?

I went back to April 2016 and don't find them and so maybe not in. Can you show again?
JeanneP

Joy

Alpiner,  I am still waiting for the little booklet that has the slipper pattern directions.  Don't know why it is taking so long????

I am anxious to make those slippers.  I had found another pattern and made a pair, but I made them too big.  I wasn't thinking about them stretching so much.  Not sure if I can tighten them up or not.  I did put a draw string through them, but that didn't help too much.

Just anxious to get that booklet.  Nice that your husband loves his slippers so much.  I am hoping I will like mine just as much.  LOL

Joy
BIG BOX

alpiner1

Quote from: JeanneP on February 20, 2017, 03:46:20 PM
Those were really nice. Now are they knit of crochet.  If crochet I may try after looking at the instructions.  Did you put them in here? if so when?

I went back to April 2016 and don't find them and so maybe not in. Can you show again?

They are crocheted . I didn't post the instructions . They are copywrited .
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Crocheted-Slippers-7-for-Women-Children-Pattern-30-Days-To-Shop-Pay-/311677372164?hash=item48916b4704%3Ag%3ASCoAAOSw2xRYeWDN

alpiner1

Another afghan for Project Linus .

Lindancer

Alpiner  I like the bright colors, looks so cheerful

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

Joy

Very nice, Alpiner.  Good choice of colors.  Looks like you were trying to use up some of your "stash".    Love it !!!!

Joy
BIG BOX

so_P_bubble

Alpiner I would love you as a neighbor. You would encourage me to be more active with the needles. ;)

JeanneP

Like the colors. I use to hate to keep changing though. Messed me up.
JeanneP

alpiner1

Quote from: Joy on February 25, 2017, 06:06:08 AM
Very nice, Alpiner.  Good choice of colors.  Looks like you were trying to use up some of your "stash".    Love it !!!!

Joy

The yarn was mostly from my stash !   The varigated looks nothing like it does on the skein . The name of it is Red Heart's Star Brights , it isn'n't made now .

Carol

Alpiner:  I like the fresh colors in the blanket.  It looks so cheerful. 

so_P_bubble

[attachimg=1]

alpiner1

Joy

Bubble and Alpiner,  both afghans are very pretty.  I have tried the Bavarian stitch.  Made a little sample, but never did any more with that patter.  I do think it makes up very pretty,

Thanks for sharing.

Joy
BIG BOX

alpiner1

Another afghan for Project Linus .  The Modern Granny . http://thecrochetcrowd.com/crochet-modern-granny-afghan-pattern/

Mary Ann

Alpiner, you do such good work - both the handiwork and for Linus; the afghan is beautiful.

Mary Ann

Lindancer

Alpiner, thanks for posting lovely afghan.  I my try it later on. Right now I am making gloves and scarfs for Christmas.

JeanneP

Love that baby afghan. Been a lot of years now since I made one. Babies seem to come often in my family but not for awhile. I made so many afghans that we all have enough. Maybe I will get back into crochet again in winter. My wrist sort of gave out.  So hot here. Been mid 90s for last 8 days. Just awful. Feel like just loafing around.
JeanneP

Joy

Alpiner,  That is really a pretty pattern in this afghan.  I just watched the video for making it and after you once get going,  it does sound pretty simple.  I have never heard of that yarn.  I have used the Caron yard, but never seen the "Caron Cakes".  I like how it changed colors in the middle. 

I am working on a baby afghan for a great-granddaughter. I had made her one and her mom said it was too pretty to use.  So, I am making another one so that she will have something nice and soft and comfy when it gets cold again.  I am just using one of the patterns from the Linus Project website.  The slanted shell stitch which goes quickly.

Thanks for sharing.

Joy
BIG BOX

alpiner1

SCFSue

Very pretty, alpiner1.  Will you give it to someone?

SCFSue

alpiner1

Quote from: SCFSue on June 15, 2017, 10:23:24 AM
Very pretty, alpiner1.  Will you give it to someone?

SCFSue

I crochet afghans for Project Linus . 
http://altrusasdncc.org/project-linus.html

alpiner1

Another baby afghan for Project Linus .

Lindancer

Alpiner, that is a very pretty design, fine looking.  I have not done any knitting this summer, although, I have fingerless gloves and scaRF started

JeanneP

Alpiner.  Very nice. They appreciate you for doing that.
Did I tell you before.  I owned the same couch as yours up to about 4 years ago. Loved it. Just went into a smaller one
JeanneP

Carol

Alpiner:  That is an interesting pattern. 

I am in a funk here since my quilt pattern is definitely missing the very last instructions.  Setting everything aside until I feel better about working on it again.

Maybe I should stick to hot pads?  Oh, well.  Tomorrow things will look brighter.   

alpiner1

Quote from: JeanneP on August 10, 2017, 12:59:13 PM
Alpiner.  Very nice. They appreciate you for doing that.
Did I tell you before.  I owned the same couch as yours up to about 4 years ago. Loved it. Just went into a smaller one
The couch was my husband's parent's & we were given it when they moved into a mobile home . It was originally covered in a polished cotton floral . Did your's have scallops across the back & the couch is slightly curved ?

JeanneP

No. Mine had that material when I purchased it.  Was yours a couch that had wood carvings along the back. and curved. That was a older type of sofa I thing.  they sure were build much better years ago. Lasted years.
JeanneP

alpiner1

Quote from: JeanneP on August 12, 2017, 07:34:09 PM
No. Mine had that material when I purchased it.  Was yours a couch that had wood carvings along the back. and curved. That was a older type of sofa I thing.  they sure were build much better years ago. Lasted years.
There is no carving on the back , just soft scallops across the back . We had it recovered with the fabric in the picture . Husband's parents bought it in the  mid 1960's .