Random Image

DSCF0374.JPG

Owner: donklan
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:51:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for MAY 15,2019

Started by so_P_bubble, May 14, 2019, 11:02:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amy

Good morning everyone.

Hope the rain holds off and I can get the garden in this morning. We didn't get the rain they called for yesterday.

Something was having an argument/fight outside of the bedroom window at 2 am last night. Sure set the dogs to barking, I got up and turned the front light on but didn't see anything.

Jenny, I think I would be making the trip but that is just me..see what has been said for today and take it from there. You have had a lot on your plate lately. Take time for you too please.

Jane, what a beautiful photo of your family, can't believe Emma is now one!! Time for better clippers!!

Need to get a few things done and in order before the day progresses...

We found Lloyd, now where is Shirley?

Enjoy your day everyone.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone,current is 60º and calling for by 4 PM in the low 80º's.
well our travelling plans are slowed down. we went and applied for passports and they say at least sixty days before they will send them. they took our birth certificates,sure hope they do not loose them, took quite awhile to get the replacements after the house burnt. Have a good day everyone,

Lloyd

Joy

Good morning.  It is a pretty sunny, calm morning here.  We had a thunder storm yesterday, and some damage around the area. 

I did not get in here yesterday, as I was out early to go for a couple x-rays and wound up having to be there  for almost  3 hours.  Just mostly waiting, as they don't take appointments for just an x-ray and will work you in  in between the ones who  have appointments. it was a particularly busy day and the x-rays only took about 20 min.  The rest of the time was spent just waiting.  I had only expected to be there for maybe an hour.  So, that was the whole morning lost.

I got home and fixed a late  lunch and then started watching a movie and fell asleep.  I woke up around 6 and then, had to  get myself together to go down to play cards.  They usually start about 6 and I had to call and let one of the gals know that I would be a little late.  As it turned out, we lost, anyway.

Larry, I have been a worrier all my life. My husband used to say he didn't have to worry, because I did it for him. As it turned out, my blood work turned good.  In fact, the doctor was more than pleased with how I am getting along.  That made for a very pleasant and relaxing evening.  Now, I still have an appointment with the orthopedic doctor in a week or so, and will find out the results of the x-rays I had yesterday.  I have to go about every 6 months for various kinds of tests, so I do feel kind of apprehensive at times.  I really need to take some lessons from you with the wonderful attitude that you are showing all of us.

Jane, that was a wonderful picture of Emma with her parents.  Hard to think that she is a year old already.

Jenny, I feel so bad for you. You have had so much to deal with lately, and now this latest problem with your Dad has to be so upsetting.  I am sure your family would understand if you decide to go and see what is going on for yourself.  It would give you some peace of mind, even if there isn't much you could do.  Just getting to see him would help, I am sure. 

I will just say that I hope everyone is dealing with whatever problems that arise as best as they can.  Everyone has problems, just some are a little bit more harder to deal with than others.  I always say a prayer to help me be strong and that does help.

Have a good Friday !

Joy
BIG BOX

Shirley

My days & nights are so mixed up with cats wanting in & out, eating at all hours.... Anyone having trouble sleeping just join the crowd, me and my kids are having the same trouble and I do believe we are all just keeping too busy and the mind doesn't stop when the body slows down. Not sure when the slow down will take place or why we are so busy all the time, but I do not seem to get much "finished up" around here. Yesterday morning I noticed my back muscles were hurting, had not had that same pain for quite a while. When I picked up the vacuum pole for the pool I realized what was making it sore.... pool cleaning that had not been done since late last October when it was covered & closed. Looking at the pool all nice & clean this morning, is like looking at a big flower bed or veggie garden with all the weeds pulled, but it doesn't last a few days & got to do it all over again, weeds grow and leaves, dirt blows into the pool. It got hot yesterday, think this will be a summer of extremes.

Larry, you mention "Part A" and all I've heard is "Part B".... what is the difference, is it because I am the "spouse"?  I have not investigated any of the Social Security or Medicare rules & regs because Cas took care of all that. Maybe I need to wake up, you are helping a lot to discover what benefits are available with Hospice. When I had Civil Service jobs a lifetime ago, I was told the benefits were the best offered. Did things change over the years and now all benefits are the same?  Sorry if I ask dumb questions but it is a fact that for more than 60 years I went along with whatever Cas said was best. I raised kids & took care of the house, but main job was to take care of him. He never had to pack a suitcase or wash a dish, anything like that as long as he was alive. I was his other pair of hands when he was doing a job around the house and didn't object because that's the way it was growing up.

Jenny, I am so sorry to hear the news about your father. Totally understand being unable to dash back to be with him, only you know your limits but regrets are not easy to live with. What ever you decide you will know that you made the right decision for that moment of your life. One deciding factor is whether he will know you are there or not. My heart aches for you & your father. Glad to hear someone is there to help Michele with the kids for now, it will give you peace of mind when you & Bob are needing to rest up.  God Bless.

Good morning, Amy, I've been here but sometimes forget & post in photos & not here. Do need to get on my horse & clean house, will have visitors (family) around this week end for the wedding. The Canada geese are making a lot of noise on the river, the ones without babies fly off to the fields to eat but the ones with families just wander up & down the river hoping someone will give them a hand out. My youngest son was over Wed night & was surprised that some will come take bread bites out of my hands. I haven't encouraged the ones with babies to come close, I toss the bread out in the water so the babies can't be caught by the cats. I have the sliding door open right by my laptop, all of a sudden the birds are not singing and the geese have flown away, just the sound of traffic on the by-pass around the city. Rush hour traffic about to slow down.

Jane, that is an adorable photo of Emma & parents. Hard to believe she is already a year old. She has such a wise look, don't you think?  An impish grin.

I have not had breakfast yet or dressed, so better get moving. Hope everyone has a wonderful day (Fantastic Friday).

You slipped in, Joy, so glad your blood work looks good & sorry about the long wait for X-ray. I tell my kids that the older I get the less patience I have to allow anyone to waste my time! I will agree with you with advice for Jenny, about going to see her father. Decisions so hard to make when they are so tired already.

Lloyd, you also popped in... where are you going to need passports? I thought you were heading to FL to find shells.

larryhanna

I am having trouble posting here this morning for some reason so am going to refer you to my posting in Norm's B&T this morning and will limit other comments here today.  I have about used up my energy and the housekeeper will soon be here.  I have read all of the postings but don't see anything that I really need to respond today.

Gloria

Good morning everyone. Phone woke me very early this morning-robocall. Boy did that make me angry. I did go back to sleep so that was good for a change. The sun is shining for a change and no rain in the forecast for today. I think I will have breakfast and head outside and stay there till my CNA gets here. Have not been out in a few days with the rain/dampness and need fresh air. Excuse me if I make no comments today, just not up to sitting here and typing.  I sure need a good back massage today and CNA will do that before anything else when she gets here. 

JANE  I am the one who uses nail pliers to cut my toenails. The cutting pliers are no meant for our nails but to cut through the small nails that we use for different nailing jobs.
You litl Emma is adorable. Hardly seems possible it is already a year.

Read the posts. Have a good day.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Mary Ann

Jane, what a nice picture of Allison, Dan and Emma.  The smiles are contagious. 

Mary Ann

Lloyd Hammond

Shirley yes the seashells are still in my plans, but you should know that the wife is the boss. and she says we are going to Pennsylvania first to my cousins first. and the passport's will get us from there to Canada.and if AMY will give us her address  maybe we can go see her while that close, we have kin to kin there. sun in law Has folks there. also the scenery there is great, I have seen it but Nancy has not. need to keep her happy If I can.

Lloyd

Shirley

To be honest, Lloyd, I vote with Nancy! The scenery would be much better NE than the sea shore, temperature as well! Hope you get all worked out. I have not had a passport since coming back from Englad in 1957 with a military one. I can't go into Canada because they won't let me carry a pistol & being a "weak little old lady", I've got to have some protection!  :2funny:

CallieOK

Good Afternoon,

Janie,  love the picture of your Tulsa Trio!  When are you coming to visit?

Jenny,  oh, dear friend, my heart is heavy for your situation with your Dad and your Denver family.  I was in the same situation as a "long distance child" with family concerns at home.  Sure causes a real pull on the emotions.
So glad to read that Dave/Michele will have help with the kids this summer.  Will be fun for them and make things a bit easier for everyone else - including, I hope, helping you feel more comfortable about going to spend time with your Dad.

Larry, can't say enough about how impressed I am with your attitude and willingness to adjust.  Sounds as if you're getting everything set up in the very best way.
I, too, am 100% in favor of Hospice.  Back in 1992, my MIL was in a Hospice facility for the last several weeks of her life and we couldn't have asked for better care for her and for the family.

LLoyd,  I'm with Nancy in choosing to go North this time of year.  Sun and sand are for winter months!!!!  Hope you have a good trip = whichever directions you go.

Shirley,  I swear you could make going around the block complicated!!!!!  :smitten:  Leadville Facebook Page looks as if that area is not ready for summer.  Campgrounds around there are still snow-packed.  However, we used to call BV/Salida area "the banana belt" so things may be better where you like to go.

I'm busy following the OK State and OU Girls' Softball teams in the NCAA national Championship tournament. As for the last 23 years, all games are played here in OKC at The Softball Hall of Fame Stadium.  Both schools have advanced to the third round and will play each other tonight in what's known locally as a "Bedlam Game".  I'll bet they'll wish for a bigger stadium.
Needless to say,  All My Children and I will be on opposite sides.  ;D 

I can hear the kitchen counter groaning under the load of groceries I dumped on it before lunch.  Guess I'd better go relieve it of its misery.

Wishing Everyfriend Everywhere an Enjoyable Day. 

so_P_bubble

A new page for Soda Shoppe begins
HERE