Random Image

DSCF0463.JPG

Owner: donklan
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 18, 2024, 10:20:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

2023-11-28, 19:20:53
JeanneP: Now I seem to be able to get into some without it going back to 2016. I have been trying to get ahold of Junnee but see her posting but can find where, Just want her to know that I will again use the EM adress she shows on Here and write, Mine in still 

2023-11-08, 19:12:15
JeanneP: Will give that a try. Sound like should work

2023-11-02, 11:36:21
Oldiesmann: It's not the best solution but it's the only thing that will prevent the forum from thinking you haven't read anything

Soda Shoppe for June 15, 2019

Started by so_P_bubble, June 15, 2019, 03:23:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

so_P_bubble

so_P_bubble

so_P_bubble

so_P_bubble

There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.
- Albert Einstein

so_P_bubble

A mature person is one who does not think only in absolutes, who is able to
be objective even when deeply stirred emotionally, who has learned that
there is both good and bad in all people and in all things, and who walks
humbly and deals charitably with the circumstances of life, knowing that in
this world no one is all knowing and therefore all of us need both love and
charity.
-Eleanor Roosevelt, diplomat and writer (1884-1962)

so_P_bubble

NASA was preparing for the Apollo project.
When NASA was preparing for the Apollo project, some of the training of the astronauts took place on a Navajo reservation.

One day, a Navajo elder and his son were herding sheep and came across the space crew. The old man, who spoke only Navajo, asked a question that his son translated. "What are these guys in the big suits doing?"

A member of the crew said they were practicing for their trip to the moon. The old man got all excited and asked if he could send a message to the moon with the astronauts. Recognizing a promotional opportunity, the NASA folks found a tape recorder.

After the old man recorded his message, they asked his son to translate it. He refused. The NASA PR people brought the tape to the reservation, where the rest of the tribe listened and laughed, but refused to translate the elder's message.

Finally, the NASA crew called in an official government translator. His translation of the old man's message was: "Watch out for these guys; they have come to steal your land."

Amy

Good morning everyone..

A tad wet out this morning, we are surprised when we get a sunny day anymore.

Taking  Kyle for his hair cut this morning,  then home to tidy up and make turkey noodle soup. I am not as sore  (yet) from the chiropractor but will see as the day progresses.

Jane, enjoy your new stove..I know it will be well used!! Can see you doing a lot of baking in it this fall for Christmas too!

Bubble, I agree with Albert but will chose everything is a miracle.

Jenny, so happy to read your post about your Dad.

Better get ready for the day..

Enjoy your day everyone..
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  I'm up and definitely feeling better than last night!  As I took my time awakening fully, I decided that I wasn't goin to do anything at all today...just rest and recover.  Then I went in the kitchen to feed the doggies there breakfast and I realized that I'm going to have to make dog food today.  And I got out my vitamin bottle to take them for today and there aren't any.  As I proceeded with my morning ritual, more things came to mind and I now have a list of 9 things to do today.  And that doesn't include making the bed and getting dressed.  And it doesn't include the nap I intend to take this afternoon.

However, as you all know, lists change!

I hope everyone's day is off to a good start!  I hope everyone's day continues to be pleasant and happy and filled with whatever suits your fancy.

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

JaneS

I forgot to thank our ever-vigilant BUBBLE for the new digs!  As usual, you've done us up proud!  Nice place to hang around and maybe the new soda jerk with give us more ice cream (and in my case, more chocolate) in the sodas.  Truly, you do keep us going, BUBBLE and we're grateful!

Gloria

Good morning everyone, looks like it will be a wonderful day here. Nice sunshine and not too hot and no humidity either.

JOY  when I get up in the morning and have my coffee I seldom go back to bed or lay on the couch. Yesterday I got up with my back hurting too much for anything. Some days I do too much and I pay for it, did me good to take it easy yesterday. Heard on TV yesterday that most of the farms here are having a delay with things growing, too much rain and cool temperatures. The farm I like usually has their strawberries picking by now but will be another couple of weeks. Corn is about half the height it normally is by now.

LARRY  I am so longing for a nice ripe juicy peach but what my CNA bought me last week they were hard as rocks and they never ripened, just got rotten. I prefer east coast peaches and she got me California ones. Those are usually dry and mealy, don't know how else to describe it. Nice to know we can post photos in here. We might want to post some that only the ones who post in the SS would be interested in.

AMY  I am beginning to wonder if a chiropractor would help my back. A new place had opened in town and they treat backs and arthritis. See my  doc in another week and I will ask her.

JANE  NO NO please don't scold me. I scold myself enough already

JENNY  glad your Dad is doing so well now. Will ease your mind when you get back to Denver.

BUBBLE  thank you for the new home for the rest of the month. Love the second graphic. Makes one wonder how babies get all those names straight. Good quotes and I have to copy the one about Nasa and the Old Navajo man

Better get a move on, my son said he will be here earlier today.
Have a good day.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Shirley

Loved every one of the thoughts & funnies, Bubble.... graphics "right on" with the young Dads. Still giggling about the translation. Had not thought about Eleanor Roosevelt for a long time so was thinking about the many "sides" of her, talked about when I was young. Don't think she had an easy life, was the impression I've had, but don't think I have read much that she actually said or thought. Thanks for all you do.

Amy, we had a little rain but LOTS of thunder & lightning. Sounded like when I was a kid, that thunder kept rolling from one end of the sky to the other. Still cloudy & see lightning to the south, not sure what direction is it going. My local weather radar (on computer) changed this week & have not found another site I like as well. This won't let me see what Callie is sending us, I'm sure it is my lack of understanding how to set it.  :-[  I'm still thinking of planting these 4 packs of mixed flower seeds in a space between my front porch, sidewalk & driveway. The original owners had landscape people that put down layer after layer of black plastic without removing any of it... but weeds come through & now I have several different kinds of flowers that are blooming so pretty & think a mass of flowers would be perfect for that spot.  Got to dig out my hoe & not sure where it might be, think the last go around with yard stuff & finding room for all the toys & tools, we put tools in a storage shed that housed 2 of the riding mowers that I got rid of. It has spiders in it.... hate going in it.  ::) Not sure if it is too late to plant, but crazy weather & seasons so will try! You take care, sounds like you have your body in a twist, hope the treatments fix you up.

Jane, did I read you got a glass top stove?  I'm surprised you don't use gas, as much as you cook. The glass tops do look nice but I've only had one electric cook top & never got the hang of it staying hot after being turned off. This house had electric & since I was settling for so much I didn't want, a gas stove was going in "if I'm going to cook".  When we built a house we put in a gas cook top but electric double ovens. When I was house hunting in Kansas City the end of the day the real estate lady showed me a house with electric double ovens & built in microwave with browning unit between the ovens... and gas cook top. I told her that "this is my house & don't need to look any further". It was the only one I showed Cas & we signed the papers that day. Loved it but Cas was not thrilled with the yard. We had the same "acre plus" that we were leaving but this one had huge trees like a park, right in the heart of KC, little town called Leawood. The house was one of the original KC splits, 4 levels to match the rolling hills & was the only house facing 97th street on that side. The house "next door" had that corner but faced the other street. I drive by my house about every time I go through KC, don't like the changes the new owner made.  :'(  Did not take long before Cas bought the leaf picker upper that went with his riding Allis Chalmer mower. We planted trees when we built but that whole area had been a wheat field with a road cut down the middle. The jack rabbits munched off the young trees as fast as we could plant (we were the 5th house built). Anyway, I loved those trees but can't get enough to grow here.

Shut up, Shirley, get busy. Cats ate & wanted out since they stayed inside during the storms. The ducks didn't show up again this morning (or yesterday), so I'm guessing she is setting on her eggs. I need to go turn on the pool & vac today, but better get dressed first!

Rise & shine, Every Friend... 'tis another week end. They sure roll around fast, don't they?

Oops, good morning Gloria & Jane. Sounds like you girls are in better shape this morning. I have 2 unhappy cats, Tom & Callie were so anxious to go out they didn't eat all of their tuna & salmon, just came back in to finish eating & found that Tiger had cleaned out every bowl. This is her favorite meal so I give her a tad more anyway. Tom & Callie usually finish up her supper, their fav foods. None of them ever go hungry. Time for me to eat & not go back to bed this morning. Cool right now, near perfect for me.

phyllis

It is another beautiful morning in NC but the temps. are beginning to inch back up to our normal HOT! 

I was so tired last night, too, that I went to bed and never stirred all night.  Woke up at 5:30 this morning feeling a little groggy but more rested.  I was on my feet a lot yesterday making Blueberry Jam in the IP.  Gosh, it turned out so good and we had some for a sweet to end the meal last night. JOY, I don't know who you've heard or read that says so many things turn out bad in the IP because everything I have tried has been perfect.  You just have to follow some simple basic rules and it all works beautifully.

Sorry I got confused, Jane, about the red hots.  I've put them on my grocery list for next time and will try to find some to use with applesauce.  It will be another thing that will remind me of my childhood and some of the things that my Mom made.  You and she would have had a lot to talk about.  I can see in my mind many Mason jars of fruit and vegs. cooling on the kitchen counter.  They would be taken to the basement later where jar after jar of good things to eat would line the shelves.  Our family of 6 lived on what she canned all through the winter.  I remember when we would go to some of the local farmers that had big gardens and orchards and buy bushel baskets of good things for her to can.  Sour cherries for pies, tomatoes, green beans, cucumber pickles, Piccalilli relish, peaches, lots and lots of grape jelly, and more.  And one year, my Dad grated many cabbages into a brine and stored it in a large crock.  We ate sauerkraut so many times that we all got so tired of it he didn't grate cabbage any more after that.   ;D

Thanks, Bubble, for the new "room".  And, I'm glad to hear that Oldiesman/Michael says we have plenty of room to post pictures here that other Soda Shoppe people might be interested in.  I think it adds a lot to the discussion.  The old SeniorNet used to be so strict about that and often, pictures were removed if they were posted.

OK, enough chit-chat.  Take care, Everyone.
phyllis
Cary,NC

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone. cloudy here and calling for thunder storms today and the next three or four days. top of the day to you all.

Lloyd

JaneS

PHYLLIS, you brought me back a memory.  My grandfather who lived with us was German and sauer kraut was a staple in our house.  He had a very large crock and that was his project every year.  My father had what was always referred to as a "Victory Garden" during WWII.  We had a small garden in the back yard but out on the edge of town there was a farmer who divided a part of his farm into garden plots for people who had small yards.  My dad grew up on a farm so this was perfect for him.  He would get home from work around 4:30, we had supper and then we all piled into the car and went to work in the garden.  My mother and grandmother canned a lot of what came out of the garden and like you, PHYLLIS, we lived on it all winter!  I was born on the tail end of the depression and grew up during WWII.  I sure learned a lot from my parents and grandparents but I didn't get the farming instinct.  I can't grow much of anything!

SHIRLEY, I have had a quote from Eleanor Roosevelt on my fridge for years.  She has said and written some wonderful things and I think you're right that her life wasn't very easy.  I'm going to put the quote here.  It's helped me through some rough time.  Maybe it will have some meaning to others.

"You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face...You must do the thing you think you cannot do."

Sometimes when I'm telling myself "I can't do that any more". I remember this quote and I give it one last try and usually, I find out I CAN do it!

Shirley

I really like that quote, Jane, copied to send to all the grands in their birthday cards!  I've always enjoyed how wise people are, their original thoughts that mean so much. Thank you!

So far I fed everyone in sight (including me), dipped out the leaves, added chlorine tablets to the floaters & started the pool, will vac tonight. Cut down the little trees that were growing on the back side of the pool pump enclosure & put the stuff on that goes down to the roots to make sure they don't grow again, got out my hoe & chopped around to spread the flower seeds, watered them in, scrubbed the utility room floor where the litter box is that Callie uses. She uses the litter box for poop but insists on the "piddle pads" to wet on & even though they have a plastic lining, the floor gets wet. Darn cats, they play out all day & night but come in to potty, I'm sure they think they are doing ME a favor!

Had a coffee break with 2 slices of angel food cake (daughter's diet says that is an okay sweet). Got to cut my hair today so am debating whether to do that or nap first, but since I'm washing a load of towels, don't want to shower when the washer flips from hot to cold water. After 30 years living here I have never showered when the washer or dish washer was running, but "back in the old days".... my shower would turn from freezing to scalding on it's own. Napsville, here I come~~

WE also had a Victory Garden in the back yard & a plot on a farm outside the city limits. Had a pen full of chickens & thought it was so neat when we got to go to the feed store & pick out the printed bags for a "broomstick" skirt. The wind is still blowing hard, sun shining but clouds down Callie's way. Have not heard a weather report. My eyes are closing so better get the body horizontal. I really can't sleep sitting up.  Have a great day, everyone! 

larryhanna

Hi everyone on a most beautiful morning. I am almost afraid to start writing this morning as it is going to be hard to stop with the elation I am feeling. For the first night, in many nights, I probably slept around 8 hours. If I got up to sit on the side of the bed or use the facilities I don't recall it. The fluid retention is way down and I can now actually feel the bones in my legs and feet. There is still a ways to go but am now down to 173 pounds from the 215. I know that has to be much better on my heart. The nurse assured me yesterday that as long as my oxygen stays up in the high 90's, which it seems to do, I really don't need to use the oxygen but have it in case I start having pain or a lot of shortness of breath. This is a big relief and perhaps why I slept so good last night.

I attribute my good night to the new comforter that Pat bought for me at Walmart yesterday. It is a pretty dark blue on one side and a pretty wine color on the other, is very light weight but warm and doesn't hand down to the floor like the bedspread for the double sized bed I had tried to use. The amazing thing is that it cost less than $20 and getting it in the store let Pat see exactly what she was buying rather than trying to get it out of a catalog and waiting a couple of days and then perhaps needing to return it.

Yesterday was probably one of the worst days I have had for a long time as didn't feel at all well and spent almost all day in bed. I was concerned my health had taken a serious down turn but now know it was just a result of pushing a little too hard on my outing the other day. I will probably settle for the transport chair in the future and use the walker and walking for here in the house.

I finished up the paperwork on the return of one of the ramps this morning when the tracking info became available. Scott still has the other, bigger ramp, in his car and the local UPS contract station said the package was too big for them and he needed to take it to the actual UPS shipping facility, which is probably 25 minutes from here.

I am taking things so leisurely today that I spent about 2 hours getting up and dressed and then out to the kitchen for breakfast. While there I folded up a basket of kitchen linens for Pat. They are in a small clothes basket that sits on one of our dining room chairs and I can sit on the Rollator beside the table and fold at a leisurely pace. I am happy to be able to do something to help Pat and it lets me feel like I have accomplished something for the day.

I know I am late getting here this morning but starting the day around 6 am rather than 1 or 2 am sure makes a difference.

There is nothing on the schedule for today unless friends drop by for a visit. I think Pat and I are once again ready for a nice quiet weekend of relaxation and rest.

Amy, glad you get benefit from the Chiropractor. Pat used one for many years as did Stacey. Both benefited although it seemed there was never and end to it. It was worth the money if it brought some relief and it always seemed to be so. Pat has been talking about going to a massage theripst as there is one here in North Augusta where you can be massaged sitting in a chair and not having to get down or up from the massage table.

Jane, I bet those things you stared at yesterday are still there for you today. I hope you have today off from work. I love cinnamon red hots but it seems they are not nearly as powerful as they used to be. They sure make apples look pretty. Jane, I think you would love the Instant Pot. I know that Pat likes hers and is using it more. Maybe you could drop a not so subtle hit to your family about that as a nice Christmas gift. Kids usually have a time thinking of something their parents would like for a gift. I''ll take a pass on that scolding.

Lloyd, I don't like any timed game and mainly prefer puzzles and some card games. I am sure not into video games.

Jenny, it seems certain companies want actual paper documents signed before taking any action and I suppose that is a good thing as protects all involved.

Bubble, thanks for getting us started for the last half of the month. What a nice graphic for Dad's day. What gift can be more important that these precious children that God allows us to have. I liked the graphic of the young man holding his young son. I feel such sorrow for the many children who don't have loving parents. They don't demand much, just love. Thank goodness there are sometimes grandparents or great grandparents who step up to take care of the children. I wonder how they do it but they find a way. I loved the Albert Einstein quote and I prefer to think of everything as a miracle. I sure couldn't have planned my life to turn out as it has.

Jane, nice to see you didn't need to rush around this morning and that you are feeling better than yesterday. I fear that you push yourself too hard most days and it appears your to do list is getting longer by the moment.

Gloria, our bodies tell us when we have pushed too hard and we pay for it. I hope today finds you feeling better. Pat fixed up some ripe peaches and had the Fruit Fresh to put on them and they looked so nice as I had a small dish of them with my breakfast. This was compared to the other day when she fixed some but was out of fruit fresh and they were a mess and one had to close their eyes to eat them, although the taste was the same. We heard on the TV a local farmer saying he has 500 acres of peach trees and that every peach is picked by hand. I had no idea the season was so long as it apparently goes from early until I think they said September with different types of peaches becoming available throughout the summer. I hope you can get some South Carolina peaches as they are great. I am going to check out what is involved in posting pictures in the next couple of days. I just took a selfie that I thought I would share. (I know a person who is so good at helping get pictures posted. Maybe she will write us some brief instructions so we all can post a pictures now and then. I think this person is Bubble? Hint, hint.

Shirley, I have read a couple of books about Eleanor Roosevelt and she certainly didn't have an easy life even though she came from a wealthy family. She certainly made something of her life whether we agree with her or not.

I just had a very nice FaceTime conversation with a man I worked with for many years and whom I consider an old friend. He was sitting in his easy chair and I was sitting here at my desk. I guess I had better take a pass on other comments as it is already past 12:30 and time for me to eat lunch and rest some this afternoon.

Till tomorrow.

Sandy

Good Afternoon Every One...
from the especially beautiful day here
on the rocky coast of Maine... 

And it just started outside my
Windows to the world....
Portland Maine biggest parade of the Year
celebrating Gay Pride... 

It is gigantic as it has become every
year here....

Great day for a celebration and parade.

Sandy
 :wave2:
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

โ€• Carl Sagan

CallieOK

Popping in to mark my place in our nice new spot (Thank you, Bubble).

Kind of iffy weather today and I'm feeling "iffy", too. Have to pay attention to what I'm doing - already had to correct putting liquid laundry detergent in the softener place.

Jenny  so happy to read about your Dad's improvement.  Hope he'll agree to having some home help for Diane's sake.

Lary, I'm so impressed every time I read one of your posts.  :thumbup:
I agree with your comment on Eleanor Roosevelt.

My high school math teacher always told us "Never think you can't do something.  Tell yourself `I haven't been able to yet.' Then keep trying."

Shirley, I don't say anything, but I'm beginning to question Miss Emily "needing" to come home on weekends when there's terrible weather between there and here.  She's done it again so could you arrange a better forecast for tomorrow?  She really needs to be back for Monday morning classes.

No new microwave,yet, but I've remembered how to do everything the old fashioned way. Even found a little tiny skillet in the back of the pan drawer that was perfect to use for melting butter to coat muffin tops before dipping in cinnamon sugar.

Wishing Everyfriend a Satisfactory Saturday.    :hugs:

JaneS

CALLIE, I noticed a "melt" setting on one of the burners of my new stove.  I haven't had a chance to check it out yet but if it works like I hope it does, it will be very convenient for melting butter for recipes and chocolate to make candy come Christmas time. 

While Cathy was here she noticed a setting that said conv.  Now we're wondering if the oven has convection possibilities.  Back to the book!

LARRY, you're probably one of the few in here these days who don't need scolding.  You're doing great!  Keep it up!

OK, I'm off to do some reading.  Have fun Everyfriend!

JeanneP

Today it is pouring down and cold. Fact I turned the heat on for a while.  Need to go to store but they say this storm is here for the whole weekend. So I will take a break and read a book.

What a 2 week i have had. First 2 days had a few aches and pains in knee and hands from emptying things while kneeling on the floor. But must have work the muscles out as now all seem O.K. Going to quit lifting heavy stiff. I just get to forgetting what age my last birthday was.

Don't like to do yard sales but for past 2 weeks I have been clearing lots out of my our. I am embarrassed to say but some stuff was  at least 50 years old, Never thought of myself a a herder but I really was. Got that my cupboards. every where I could put things were overloaded. I put such as all the toys, games and children books I put on the porch with a sign out saying Free please take. Had from all my GC. And some GGS. games going back to 1971. 50 of them. Someone took them in a hour. Next day I put all my kitchen items not used anymore. They vanished also. Put a big MW cabinet and cupboard out next day. Must have been taken overnight.. I then took a large leaf bag and put in at least a hundred books and took out to Salt and light charity shop. On a roll and so emptied all kitchen cabinets of pans, dishes glassed filling another leaf bag. Took to same place. So all in all I filled 4 large leaf bags with stuff. I have another bag with old invoices . bank stuff, Health reports going back again 40 years. These will have to be shredded. I am still not done. Have redone my walk in pantry and tosses out every thing that was over 3 months Wash all the jars and containers and labeled Now have to replace spices and things. Looks nice now. Only thing is I now need to do a lot of cleaning to what is showing. All carpets need cleaning.
It is pouring down today so think will just read a book. Promising never again to let things pile up so bad. :idiot2:     

I hope that some of you with unwell families and have some problems yourself will all see things getting better soon

JeanneP

Amy

Today was perfect!! Hubby got his haircut 3rd in line to wait. While he was at the barbers I went and gassed up, checked my lotto ticket and won $20.00. Headed into the city where I picked up pill pockets for Babe, maybe she won't balk as much when I give her a pill in them. The rain did let up but tis back again. Also picked up more bean seeds and when I can get to the garden and it not all muddy will plant some more.

Jane, I also have a keep warm on my stove, you will enjoy all the bells and whistles on your new stove. I have used the convection  but I am not used to it.

Gloria, today was a bonus day for me, very little pain and I do think one more trip (Thur) will be fit as a fiddle. You should ask a chiropractor and see if he can do anything. I like my guy as he won't work on you if he can't help you.

Jeanne , hello. I should also do a purging but need to fine the "mood" need to be in the pitching "mood" :) Great seeing you post here.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

so_P_bubble

Quote from: larryhanna on June 15, 2019, 12:41:43 PM
I am going to check out what is involved in posting pictures in the next couple of days. I just took a selfie that I thought I would share. (I know a person who is so good at helping get pictures posted. Maybe she will write us some brief instructions so we all can post a pictures now and then. I think this person is Bubble? Hint, hint.

Posting a photo is easy, but the resizing might be more complicated, I use PaintShopPro which I have on the computer.  I know Rammel uses a free resizing program but I cannot remember the name :(

Any way, the measurements are 800pixels on the longer side and compressed to around 100KB.

To post a photo you need to use the BLUE REPLY and NOT the quick reply.

Write your message in the usual way then go down and at the bottom click on Attachments and other options.

In the opening Drag and drop your files here window drag the photo you have ready -maybe on your desktop for locating easily- then click on upload, next on insert and finally on post

That's it!

phyllis

Bubble, the resizing program that Rammel uses is Irfanview. It is pretty easy and is the one I use since I have removed Paint Shop Pro from my computer.  Irfanview is a free program and easy to download.  I upload my pictures to Seniors & Friends Gallery and link from there but it isn't always easy to use, IMO.

Remember all those Sunday drives with Dad at the wheel? 

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to all the Fathers and Grandfathers!

phyllis
Cary,NC

so_P_bubble

Phyllis - The way I  explained does not make use of the Gallery, but works directly from one's computer.

Thank you for explaining about Irfanview.

https://www.irfanview.com/

phyllis

I understood that, Bubble, but was just explaining that I use an alternate way.
 Either one works just fine.  It just depends on which one you are comfortable with.
phyllis
Cary,NC

Lloyd Hammond

good Morning everyone. well my weather guesser is telling a story it says 71ยบ and clear, but it is cloudy and overcast. the wind is shaking the tree limbs. briskly. we are going to grand daughter's this afternoon for a good feed, she took training from her mother and grand mother and it took very good.hope you mother are not working too hard doing dinner for yours. Have a great day.

Lloyd

Amy

Good morning everyone

Happy Father's Day to the Dads  today.

Taking hubby out for breakfast this morning and then take the day as it comes. Beautiful sunny day here!!
Listened to the loons at 2 am , my goodness they must have had a party with all the calling they did. Loved every minute of it :)

Enjoy your day everyone
Jimmy Dean

Gloria

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY

Yesterday was a wonderful one with the weather. Woke this morning with mist and dampness and of course not a happy camper. Think I will spend the day on the couch watching TV or sleeping.

Have a good day.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

larryhanna

Hi everyone on a beautiful Father's Day here in South Carolina. The birds are singing us a nice song. I have actually been checking in here everyday but for some reason couldn't find the sign in box. Obviously it was there as others were postings. Thanks Michael for finding me.

I have had probably the most unusual Father's Day morning, one I couldn't have scripted. I have been giving a lot of thought to some changes I want to make in some documentation as well as cleaning up my LastPass information and being sure what I have conforms with what Pat has. I think I have a handle on it. About three AM I was wide awake and decided to get up and work for awhile. When I picked up my phone I saw I had a message from Scott wanting to know if I was awake. I texted him back that I was and in a few minutes he came in the door to wish me Happy Father's Day and to sit and visit with me awhile. He has found the little device he thinks that will make my television blue tooth adaptable but his Mother has it and he didn't want to wake her. He told me I could go ahead and get it and he will install it Wednesday when he is out on his day off. When he gets home from work he always has to unwind a bit but by 4:30 when he left he was ready to get some sleep.

Yesterday he did get the final ramp to the UPS Depot and sent it back. It cost over $90 in shipping costs. I knew I had to pay the return shipping cost if I sent it back so am not complaining although I never thought it would be so costly. I got the UPS tracking number and emailed the necessary information to complete the matter. Sometime things just don't work out as we had hoped and the ramps were one of them. Now the Church group will build the ramp sometime in the middle of July and we can make due with care in getting into and out of the garage into the house.

I have dried a load of clothes that Pat had left in the washer, mainly my clothes, and hung them up. Also while fixing and eating my breakfast I washed up the dishes in the sink and emptied and put away the dishes Pat had washed last evening. She is going to do a special cleaning wash with something she has to clean a dishwasher. By the time I finished my breakfast my heart was signaling it was time to sit down and rest, which I pretty much expect to do for the rest of the day as I work on desk projects. My steps get smaller the more my heart wears down. I jusr disoveed I had been sitting here in my desk chair asleep probably for 90 minutes. This is something I just have never done before taking this medicine prescribed by Hospice.

Callie, what good advice your high school math teacher told you. Those muffin tops dipped in cinnamon sugar sure sound good.

Jane, the range we bought for our Georgia home before we decided to move was a combination regular and convection oven. The inside of the oven was cobalt blue and it was really a nice stove. I probably should be scolded but I just won't listen to it. After all I was told to go live the rest of my life as I wanted to. That is why when I woke up at midnight last night I decided to eat some M&M, just because I wanted them. Pat is concerned that I may be getting dehydrated again so I plan on cutting back on the Lasik a bit.

JeanneP, I am thinking about reading an e book again, something I haven't done for awhile as have basically been enjoying having someone read to me via the audio book. I have a big library of ebooks that I got free from Amazon so certainly have many choices plus can get ebooks to read from the library. It is hard to give up things we have always done like lifting. Isn't it nice to get some space available when we clean out things we no longer need. I hope you will get someone to come and clean for you. It is well worth the money if they do a good job. Pat is having our housekeeper come back on Wednesday to give the house a quick going over before my sister and BIL arrive on Thursday.

Amy, congrats on winning $20 on your lotto ticket. Nice to read you have a day with very little pain. The last chiropractor Pat had over here treated her but then had to tell her there really wasn't anything else he could do and we ended the chiropractor treatments.

Bubble, there is a really nice program called Irfinware that has been around for a long time that makes it easy to resize pictures and reduce the pixels in them. On the computer there is no need for these very high pixel pictures. You might want to check it out. That is what I plan on using. Thanks for the info on the posting with the Blue Reply and not the quick reply. I will definitely copy out your instructions.

Phyllis, I see Rammel uses the Irfanview program as well. I haven't used it for a long time but will in the future. When I was a kid we had an old Ford small car but it got us where we wanted to go.

JaneS

Good Morning Eveyfriend!  I've been to church and tended to the doggies before and after.  I also made a quick stop at WM on the way home.  I took my last 2 vitamins yesterday and I need them.  Then  I decided to look at the lights that can be stuck in the ground and are solar operated.  I bought two to try to help light the way for taking the doggies out at night.  Since we planted some grass in a mud area of the fenced in part of the yard, I've been taking them out another door on the leashes and it's very dark that way.  I'm hoping this will help.

I think it must be time to think about lunch. That little guy in my stomach is growling and complaining. 

LARRY, you're putting us all to shame with all you're getting done these days.  You make me feel lazy!  So I'm going to go change my clothes and get something done!  I'm not sure what but something!

Have a great day Everyfriend!