Random Image

First Hike

Owner: Shirley
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 01:49:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

2023-11-28, 19:20:53
JeanneP: Now I seem to be able to get into some without it going back to 2016. I have been trying to get ahold of Junnee but see her posting but can find where, Just want her to know that I will again use the EM adress she shows on Here and write, Mine in still 

2023-11-08, 19:12:15
JeanneP: Will give that a try. Sound like should work

2023-11-02, 11:36:21
Oldiesmann: It's not the best solution but it's the only thing that will prevent the forum from thinking you haven't read anything

Soda Shoppe for June 15, 2019

Started by so_P_bubble, June 15, 2019, 03:23:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JaneS

Hello My Friends,  Christy, my gardener, is on the way home now and we had a good visit.  She worked diligently while she was here and we took time off last evening for a pizza party with her sister and sister's hubby.  That was nice!  Today, I had a church obligation she had breakfast with her best friend from first grade on. 

We made a trip to two garden centers yesterday and we came home loaded with goodies.  They are all in the ground and smiling brightly! She also pulled a LOT of weeds and I'll take care of getting rid of them. 

I have a meeting before work tomorrow and it's here so I better get busy and put stuff away.  Don't know if I'll be back later or not.  Enjoy the rest of your day!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

JaneS

Well, here I am talking to myself again!  We've got to get more ice cream or better straws or taller glasses or something to tempt "customers" to stop by the Soda Shoppe!

On the off chance that someone shows up tonight, I will you a pleasant and peaceful night and a happy tomorrow!

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone. I hope you all are having a good day, I am stuffy and dizzy headed this Morning, so i will pick another day to clean up the storm damage. the high wind blew down two of our rosebud trees over and one window glasses out of the garage, Haven't been down to shop to see if any damage down there. see you all Later.

Lloyd

Amy

Good morning everyone..

Today will be interesting..I am madder than a wet hen as my a/c in the vehicle is only partially working.We have it up front but the back doesn't have it and I need it there for the dogs. Better get answers this  morning and I do think a different garage is in order. This has been going on too long.

Beautiful morning to wake up to.

Jane, I bet all the hard work you and Christy did looks nice! Tis ok to talk to yourself , just don't answer or the men with little white coats will be checking you out. :)

Lloyd, hope you don't have too much damage to clean up.

Gloria, no fighting we can start at each end of the bread and meet in the middle .

Larry, hope you had a great time with your family and I bet you are tuckered..all in but your shoe laces as Janie would say.

Better move it.

Take care and enjoy your day everyone.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

phyllis

I can't seem to get awake this morning.  Maybe I need another cup of coffee.
 Nothing planned today except the usual laundry.  Since it is supposed to be hot and sticky today I'll just continue my friendship with the AC.

Take care, All.
phyllis
Cary,NC

larryhanna

Hi everyone on what looks to be a beautiful but hot South Carolina day that is to be sunny, with no  chance of rain and a high of 95 degrees.  Today is the day my sister and brother-in-law have to return to their home in NW Iowa.  There visit has seemed much too short but it has been a wonderful, memory filled experience.  We have laughed a lot and cried a little as we recall our childhood and the many years since.  Fortunately they will be able to stay until mid-afternoon.

Yesterday Scott and Bob (BIL) got my new beautiful TV on the wall and Scott  went through the process of getting it all set up, something he really enjoys doing.  I got my new blue tooth headset and am enjoying the XM music station Escape that plays beautiful music.  I had a very restful night.  I was really exhausted when I went to bed right after dinner and slept for 2 or 3 hours, then was up for an hour or so and then sort of followed that pattern for the night. I just don't want to waste one of these very precious hours and know that later this week everything will pretty much quiet down.

Today Scott will install our SimpliSafe home security system.  He advised me last night that we really aren't going to be able to eliminate the Ring Doorbell as that is the outside camera and the SimpliSafe works within the house.  He wanted me to order a couple of key fobs so that the alarm can be activated or deactivated from the car rather than having to rush into the house and remembering to turn off the system.  I will do that later this morning when I can just call and order them.  We will activate the system and we have a 72 hour testing period where they would not call 911 as get everything set up and in place.  I also get a one month free monitoring.  So by this evening we should be pretty well protected and monitored 24/7 with a good deadbolt system on our front door.  My new glass chair mat for the big computer is to be delivered today and finally Scott and Bob may install the four grab bars around the area where I will be sitting at the large computer in the mornings.  Am I a lucky man or what.

Yesterday in the daily devotional book the Upper Room was a reference to Galatians that I am going to make my new Scripture reference and that is Galatians 5:22-23 "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, Gentleness and self-control." In other words "Playing with Joy" and that is the way I hope and want to live out the rest of my life here on this earth.  

The family will soon be here for the last five hours of the visit and I want to make the maximum use of that time. I have not read posting from yesterday but will try to come back later this evening if possible. Our Internet service is up and down as a parent they're doing a lot of repairs on it from the storm and some schedule maintenance so if I don't get back in I'll see you all tomorrow .

Mary Ann

Jane, I was online last night when I read your post and I'm glad to see you were able to correct your daughter's name! 

Larry, you have so many pleasant things going on in your life right now and that is good.  You're going to be bored when things calm down and your relatives are back home; you won't know what to do!  I know - you'll find something.

It is warm here now - 75 degrees at 10:30 am - and when I finish here, I might go on the deck to see about getting cool.  The only thing is it rained a bit last night so the deck furniture cushions might be damp. 

Mary Ann

larryhanna

The house is quiet now. My sister and brother-in-law left at 2 PM to start the journey back to their home in Iowa and will get back to Sioux City, South Dakota airport until close to 10 PM this evening and my sister thought they would probably drive then drive the 70 miles on home so they can sleep on this tonight was a bit sad parting but I told them I plan to be around this time next year but if not I will see them in Heaven.

Amy

Well, it was an eventful day. I did talk with the garage owner about the a/c and they had capped if off leaving a/c in front but not back of vehicle.  I told him that I had thought when I put the a/c on for the dogs in the back that they would get cold air NOT warm. Needless to say I was not a happy camper. I did check into another place that has two of the mechanics from the old garage and  the one said we tried to call you and let you know we were here.  I told him that he will see us more often when I need help with repairs.

Stopped to pick up a thank you card and found out that the owner/young lad had passed away. He put on a gallant fight with cancer and everyone thought he won but......it came back in his blood. This young man is a husband, Dad, brother, business owner and all round wonderful young man.I shall miss him so much as we would always joke back and forth.

Phyliss, rice pudding is next on the dessert line..

Gloria is missing along with Joy and Shirley....

Enjoy your evening everyone.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

CallieOK

I'm coming to you from the patio where I'm enjoying a gentle cool breeze and watching cardinals and chickadees going to and from the feeder and two doves looking for leftovers underneath.

Hope this is the start of more lovely summer evenings...my favorite time to be outside.

Posts sound as if today has been a mix of pleasant and not so pleasant.  News reported some storms in Kansas.  Hope Shirley is okay.

Sleep well and have pleasant dreams, Everyfriend.

Carol

No storm today - hooray! 

I just downloaded some audio books from the library.  Sometimes, it is nice to have a book going while taking the morning walk.  Before, I have been taking time each day to contact friends & family just to keep up with all.  Otherwise, still working on another quilt - it is just a so -so one.   

Denver

It was a busy day around here and I am just getting in to see how EVERYFRIEND is doing?  Many loads of laundry, cleaning up the patio and plants.  It was 80 degrees today.....a real heat wave after several very cool days. 

It was good to see the family at dinner Saturday Night.  Michele is doing OK, just very tired as always.  She is to have a scan this coming Friday that will give her an update on how the tumor on her lung is doing.  Of course we hope and pray that there will be improvement and they might be able to adjust her chemo to something that does not zap her so much. 

Yesterday our Grandson Matt had his review board process and he is now officially a Eagle Scout.  We are so proud of him. 

AMY, how annoying to find out the repair person capped off the a/c for the back of the van🤬
How sad to read the shop owner lost his battle with cancer.  DARN CANCER🤬

PHYLLIS, what kind of bowl is the one you use to cook your Rice Pudding in?  Is it a heavy crock?

LARRY, I am so happy that you were able to enjoy your sister and BIL'S visit.  Sounds like your BIL and Scott managed to do a lot of projects for you.  I know it must have been sad to tell them goodbye. 😢

LLOYD, I am sorry to read about the damage from the storms at your place. 

Tomorrow we have our yearly physicals and I am sure not looking forward to it.  Hopefully my blood work will be good and I will only get a good talking to about my weight😩😩

Pleasant  dreams to all.

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Amy

Good morning everyone.

We had a lovely rain during the night and may get more today. Nothing planned today, lots of things to do though..
Crows are hollering for the breakie so maybe that is next on the line to do..
Enjoy your  day everyone..
Jimmy Dean

Gloria

Good morning everyone, well we are in for rain later today again. Yesterday was great for a change, sunny and not too warm. Of course by the time I got home I had to lay down and rest. I sure do not have a fraction of the -get up and go- I used to have. Makes me feel like I am lazy but I just cannot do much anymore. Grrr.

JANE  I bet your yard is beautiful now with all the new flowers and plants. Hope you get some pictures to share with us.

LLOYD  be careful cleaning up from that storm you had. Do not want you back in the hospital anymore.

AMY  darn some garages, they say the job is done thinking you will never know it is only half done. It is what you are going through with your van now that make me glad I no longer have a car. I'll be nice you can have the rest of the bread as long as I get one big heel.

LARRY  glad you have enjoyed your sister and BIL's visit. Those visits are always so short no matter how many days they are.

AMY  I did post on Sunday that I would not be here yesterday. Had an appointment in the morning and was worn out when I got home. Every time I go anywhere it takes a couple of days to rest up.

Have a good day.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone. sun Is shining very bright is 67º heading the high 80's. the oldest daughter came brought there lawn mower and mowed our house yard last evening. I took the tractor and loader and hauled most of the downed trees out of the yard. look's good. I hooked the Jo dolly on to the R V  think I will work on getting the Van hooked up for a trial run around the aerie to see how I am going to get along with it. I am ready and I think Nancy is about ready to get loaded up and travel.

Lloyd

larryhanna

Good morning everyone. It is a bright and beautiful morning here in South Carolina the temperature is headed up to about 93° but no rain in our forecast which will be nice. I had a good six hours asleep last night but really needed it because of the time the evening arrive and I've been a long day and as you know when we have a realtors leave us perhaps the last time they will see them it's a little difficult. But as I told my sister and brother-in-law I intended to be here next year and if they would come and visit me but if not I will be waiting for them in heaven.

Scott came out and spent the morning with us and then went home to rest a while and take care of some things for himself his dishwasher is I think I mentioned previously had failed and he needed to get the old one out of this kitchen into the street where someone would pick it up for the parts and be ready to install The new one which will come on Saturday apparently. As soon as he finished that he came out and brought in the glass floormat and put it down for me and boy is it nice. It is certainly a luxury that I never expected to have but I will certainly enjoy it. Decided to  wait until the day of install the home security system, which should be very easy to install after reading the instructions. About the only thing left now would be to put up for a little grab bars here next to my desk on the walls help me pull my chair up to the desk. I ordered a wireless keyboard and mouse yesterday to use with the big computer to laminate some wires and also to help me take the keyboard and use it.

Pat  and the birthday coming up in a very few days and I want to make this a very special Acacian for her because this might be the last one I get to spend with her. I have a plan that I will discuss with Scott today and then we will see about bringing it into being. There is no reason she can't enjoy the same good television picture and Bluetooth headset like I have more than dealing with the television it has pretty poor picture actually I'm having to use all technology in the headset she uses it wants to fall off her head all the time. The only problem is what I do with all these extra television sets but perhaps of someone who would appreciate a nice television and we certainly don't need all that we have I hope this is not being wasteful.

The aid will be here in a couple of hours to help me with my shower for the day and that is about All that is on the schedule. So I'm looking forward to relaxing rest of the day although I'm sure I'll find something to keep me busy as I want to be. Of course I'm taking quite a few naps and all of this so it sort of cuts the day up into little pieces and this is something I've never experienced before in my life, actually kind of nice.

JaneS

I'm afraid we're going to lose this site one of these days.  I noticed that no one has been here since LARRY posted ths morning around 9 a.m. 

I've had a busy day.  I was out in the field picking red raspberries eary this morning and then I had to clean them and mash them to get ready to make jam with them.  I also have a containerful for just plain eating.  That will be breakfast tomorrow and Thursday.  I get such a good feeling when I go to the farm to pick berries.  You and hear muffled voices from other rows and I told my daughter it's almost how I would imaging the sound of God's voice as he answers OTHER peopl's prayers and questions.  I get such a peaceful feeling out in the field.  Maybe I did inherit a bit of my father's farming instinct.  I can't grow things but I can feel God's presence.

I'm off to bed now.  Tomorrow is a work day and It's going to be busy.  I'd sure like to make a quick stop at the Farmers Market before I go to work and I'll have to get started early in order to have time to bring home anything I might buy.  Don't know if I'll have the energy for that.  We'll see in the morning.

I wish you all a peaceful night and a happy tomorrow.  I sure do miss all of you!

Lloyd Hammond

I fell asleep watching a good movie woke up way past my bedtime, so I am going to bed now. hope to go back to sleep and wake up later this morning and see you all later this Morning. sweet dreams.

Lloyd

Amy

Good morning everyone..
Must have had a good rain overnight, woke to puddles about. Not sure what is going on today, need to work inside but also need to go pay some bills.

Gloria, my forgetter was working over time and yes I now remember you saying that. I have talked with the "new garage" and I know two of the mechanics there .

Jane, raspberries are my favourite!! We are still waiting on the strawberries here, I like to pick them but not eat unless I make jam or pie.

Larry, you are enjoying your productive time, getting all your ducks in a row so to speak. Nice that you had a visit with your sister and brother in law and I also pray they come again next year for a visit.

Lloyd, good morning, hope you got some quality sleep  and not just in your chair.

Take care and enjoy your day everyone.
Jimmy Dean

Gloria

Good morning everyone, had some rain yesterday but not like along the south shore. they got over an inch and we got less that 1/4 inch here, of course very humid, but today looks like it will be much more to my liking, low humidity and into the 70's. Looks like the sink holes are starting in the NE states, one opened up in back of a house it Ct. Those things are frightening, they just open up so suddenly no one can predict them.

LLOYD  I know you are in a hurry to get traveling with your RV.  I wish you and Nancy safe traveling and enjoy.

LARRY  it is wonderful to have family visit us but sad when they leave to go home. I know how much I enjoyed my daughter and her family when they came to visit. The time flew by and my home felt empty when they left.

JANE  I used to love going to the farm and picking blueberries and listening to voices and birds singing, only picked strawberries a couple of times but rather buy them, cannot get down on the ground for them. Of course 2 for the basket and 1 for me. Same with picking apples. I always loved the autumn season and the aroma of ripening apples is wonderful.  Wish I could get back here more than I do but cannot anymore. I cannot sit here too long and it takes me so long to even get dressed for the day I get disgusted with myself. Will not say how long it takes me to shower and get dressed.

AMY  I love the strawberries from the farm I like, always so sweet. My son brought me some 2 weeks ago and I think I will ask him to bring some more this week. Made myself some strawberry shortcake. My daughter's favorite is strawberry pie with lots of whipped cream on top.

Have a good day.

larryhanna

Hi everyone. Today we will have a partly cloudy day with a high of 91 but no rain in the forecast. We had quite a day yesterday.

Scott got the new SimpliSafe home security in place and was really impressed with the company and the system. A representative stayed on the phone with him and guided him each step of the way. It was not difficult as there is no wiring except a power cord for the video camera that shows a large part of our home. I had not purchased that originally but in talking with them we found it could be easily wired into the home doorbell and so no more batteries with Ring. We will be able to cancel the Ring doorbell contract and they provide storage of the footage of the camera and they don't increase the monthly fee for this service. I now have a panic button that I can carry around my neck and have ordered two more panic buttons so Pat and I each have one permanently by the bed as well as keep one with us. That also saves on a separate Life Alert type monitoring service as this service is a monitored one 24/7. With my iPhone app I can monitor our home from anywhere and do things like set the system on. It is really quite something. I don't want to sound like a commercial but just speaking as a very satisfied customer.

Scott noticed how much both Pat and I enjoyed getting out of the house when we all went to dinner and suggested that we do this at least once a week on one of his days off. It may be just a little drive or to go out for lunch. Pat and I both thought that was a good idea. Also now with the Panic Button Pat should feel free to leave me alone.
Finally I made a decision that I want Pat's upcoming birthday and our anniversary to be very special as this could be our last one. I think I mentioned this yesterday. I set the wheels in motion bought this 65 " Sony TV that is blue tooth equipped and does a lot of other things. I am getting Pat a set of the Bluetooth headphone like I recently got that will fit her head. One of the nice things was that they offered a 5 month repayment plan with no interest if paid over the 5 month period. So I will just have smaller charges for the five months rather than having to pay for it upfront. It is being delivered to Scott's home and right now I have arranged with my good neighbor, who has a pickup, to bring it out here as it won't fit into the car. It weights 51 pounds. We will cover it with black plastic so that what is in the box can't be seen until it is time to install it. Now she will have the best TV in the house in the living area where she spends so much time in her easy chair and hopefully will have many, many hours of very enjoyable TV watching in the days ahead.

This afternoon the man should be here to start working on the new ramp in our garage. He said he would plan on doing it this afternoon and then on Thursday,

Scott is coming over to change out the Modem/Router as this may be the problem with our internet being so sporadic.
Janet, I certainly agree with you that it is time for some younger folks to take over the responsibilities you have had for your annual fair. You have certainly reached the age where you need more time for the things you enjoy without all the pressures of direct involvement. Also, it sounds like a wonderful thing to go visit your sister. Is she under Hospice care? Pat's sister must have her gall bladder removed as she is in severe pain a lot of the time. The doctor told her she wasn't like to have a ruptured gall bladder because there are no stones. She was going to come and suffer during her visit in fear that I wouldn't last long enough for her to have the surgery and recover 3 weeks before she would be cleared to travel. I had suffered the same terrible pain before they finally tested and found I had a bad gall bladder and once it was removed I was fine and all the pain and discomfort went away and I was able to eat anything. I got a commitment from her that she would do as I asked. She has always looked to me to help her. Now when she comes she should be able to really enjoy being here. I know everyone isn't the same but waiting just a few weeks to recover will make her visit much more enjoyable. I had never heard of the glass mats until the ramp building mentioned them. I love mine already. They are pricey but I no longer have to fight that old black mat that buries the wheels in those little holes.

Jackie, I did send you information via email about the devotionals I follow each day. I look forward to getting the emails and doing the short devotional readings each morning. While you can purchase a subscription for the little monthly magazine they publish the same material for free in the daily emailed devotional.

Ellie, thanks for that additional research and sharing on Invictis. I agree with your husband in that I want to continue to share as many of the household chores as I am able as it gives me a sense of accomplishment. I just have to be smart enough to know which I can and which are really too much for me anymore. We are very blessed to have a fine housekeeper so other than the kitchen area and the bathrooms basically we don't have a lot of housework to do and Pat takes care of these, although I help keep the kitchen clean when I feel up to it. One of the problems with just reading words without the benefit of further discussion or observing facial expressions is that it is easy to misunderstand what is really met. I didn't read your comments about your husbands enjoyment of the poem as negative. I always thought it was a pretty neat poem myself and if the lad was only 16 he had had a lot of bad experiences. I guess in many ways we are the masters of of fate by the decisions we make to believe the Bible or not.

Jane, I think we only way we will be able to keep these discussions going into the future is if we can tell enough people and convince them to come and see what we are all about and that we would welcome them. Certainly Michael is doing all he can to be sure we have the site. Unfortunately over these twenty plus years we have lost so many fine fiends and those of us remaining won't be here forever. I bet those raspberries are very tasty. I think you must have inherited some of your father's love of farming.

Lloyd, I hope you were able to get some good sleep last night. One of the joys of the journey I am now on is I can get up and work on the computer at anytime of the day or night and also lay down and rest or sleep anytime I want.

Mary Ann, Pat has worn SAS shoes for a number of years.
Marilyn, I had one of those nights where I got very little sleep.  I think I just got too wound up with all the planning and arranging I was doing.  I should be able to rest well tonight.

Joy

Good Morning.  It is a real pretty, sunny morning here and supposed to be another beautiful day.

So nice to see your newsy message this morning, Larry. All the plans you have made certainly sound like you have put a lot of thought into all those ideas.  I am sure Pat will be surprised.  Nice that Scott will be taking you and Pat out a bit. That will be something nice to look forward to. 

Gloria, I am happy to read that you felt up to making yourself a strawberry short cake.  I know you really enjoyed it.  I love strawberries, but I have not had any local ones as yet.  The ones I order from the grocery store are still coming from California.  Not as good as our local ones.  I just don't get to go to the produce stand as much as I would like to.

It is too early for anything newsworthy to talk about.  I did not sleep as good last night, and tried to sleep in a little bit this morning, but that didn't happen either.

I need to get myself organized and get on with the day.

Hope all the friends will have a nice day.

Joy
BIG BOX

Sandy

Good Morning from the
warm but overcast rocky coast of Maine... 

I wrote a longer post but it got booted
so I will leave this for now... 

Hopefully people will start particpating more
so we don't loose this site. 

Sandy
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

Amy

Weather folks say we could get rain, thunder, hail and or tornado , but the day was nice. Managed to clean and wash the floors, I had fears of them lifting themselves up and heading to the lake to get cleaned but I beat them. 

Just had some friends stop by with some fresh bass for us..all cleaned too!

Garden is doing a lot better now after the rain, just need some heat/warm weather to make it come along better.

Will be off to the chiropractor at 7:45 am tomorrow, may just do a quick hello in the morning.

Enjoy your evening everyone.
Jimmy Dean

JaneS

I stopped around the store to pick up a few necessary items before I came home today and when I go home, I was all in but my shoestrings.  And that's bad because I didn't have any shoestrings.  Of course, the doggies had to go out right away so we took care of that and then I changed into my shorts and tee shirt because it was so hot an humid that every time I took a deep breath, I felt like I just had a drink of hot water!

Needless, to say, I turned my A/C on for the first time this summer!  I've been trying to avoid that because it's coming up on time for the electric co. to reevaluate my monthly charge and I was hoping it would go down.  I guess one day won't hurt it much! 

AMY, the raspberries I picked on Tuesday were red ones.  My all time favorite fruit (tied for first place with apples) is the BLACK raspberry.  This is the one that everyone seems to refer to as "raspberries".  But the red ones are my second fav.  And I can eat them plain, in a pie, in a bowl with milk and sugar, in a shortcake.  In bread...however the mood strikes  The black ones, I'll take more time and pick more so I can eat more.  I also make jam of both kind.  I'm not a fan of jelly.  I like the whole fruit in my spread!  I do NOT like grape jam!  The only way I like grapes are the green ones plain!

I want to get some cherries to make brandied cherries, too.  They are just coming in....mid July!

I'm getting my second wind now and was thinking I'd get everything ready to make the red raspberry jam tomorrow morning and I checked the calendar to make sure I didn't have any appointments to keep.  I don't but the fur girls do.  Their groomer comes tomorrow morning at 9 a.m.  so we'll have to get moving in the morning and I can't get involved in anything that I can't walk away from while she's here.  Maybe in the afternoon....

And now I must bid you all Good Night because I won't be back before bed time.  I hope your day was special, you night is peaceful and your tomorrow is happy! 

Amy

Good morning everyone..

Off to the chiropractors in a bit. Looking to be a lovely day here..didn't get the storm the weather folks were calling for.
Jane, our strawberries are just coming on...raspberries will be later on in July.

Still no Shirley.

Better go get ready.

Be back later.

Enjoy your day everyone..
Jimmy Dean

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  This will be a short one so I can go get myself ready to meet the morning....and the dog groomer!  We got up at the crack of dawn this morning.  Do you know what time dawn cracks in central PA theses days?  Sometime between 4:30 and 4:45 this morning!  I've got to figure out a way to clue these dog into DST!

Oh Well!  We did manage to nap after their pill and while we waited for the boinger! 

AMY, I've been thinking about SHIRLEY too but I guess she's still up in the mountains!  I know how much she enjoys these days with her sons and I'm really glad she has them!

Now I must go get myself dressed and ready to greet the groomer.  Enjoy your day Everyfriend!

phyllis

Good morning!  I'm still around but I haven't been doing much...it is hot and humid here.  I thought we might go out for a hamburger last night just to get out of the house for awhile but decided not to. I must go to the grocery store soon, however.  Supplies are getting low.

I'm envying Shirley up in the cool mountain air.

Take care, All.
phyllis
Cary,NC

Gloria

Good morning everyone, going to be hot today, already 73°. It was too warm for me yesterday. The first 80+° temperature this summer. At least it was not humid. Today is to be hotter and my AC will be working overtime.  Of course the humidity will be going up. Oh I do not like summer.
The landscapers are here again today. For more than a week that company cut down the huge trees in the back of the building and let the rest of the things in front slide a bit. Making up for it now.This is the second day in a row they are here trimming and cleaning up every thing in the front.

LARRY  looks like you have every thing ready for Pat. Love the way you think of all the small things as well as the big. You are a smart and brave nd loving man. God Bless you.

JOY  I am glad my son goes to that farm when I want something there. It is only a couple of miles from his home.

AMY  a new place opened in town recently, chiropractor who treat arthritis and scoliosis and I have been thinking about calling, if my insurance covers it.

JANE  I like the black raspberries and the green seedless grapes and most any fresh fruit in season.

My CNA is here, too early again, so I will love and leave till we meet again
Have a good day and stay cool.

larryhanna

Hi everyone. We are to have a mostly cloudy day today with a high in the upper 80's and no rain in the forecast.

UPDATE: Pat is back from the Prompt Care and is already better as she had a nebulizer treatment and came home with the equipment.  She will also take a 5 day course of Prednisone.  She is feeling better already and she has one very relieved husband. My major concern this morning was Pat who was pretty sick. Our son was awake and came right out when I talked to him and he came out right away to take her to Prompt Care. Yesterday she thought it was asthma but this morning she was  pretty sure it was bronchitis as she is wheezing, her oxygenwas down into the mid-80;s but fortunately we do have oxygen available in the house and she feels terrible..

When I went to bed last night I was again totally exhausted due to not sleeping the night before and all the craziness I had created trying to plan a surprise for Pat. The solution was to throw that plan out entirely and just tell her of the surprise. Then I needed to clean up the mess with where the new TV would be delivered and hauling it out here. The simple solution was going online and setting up both UPS and FedEx where all the tools for changing delivery addresses and many other tools are available. I had to chuckle at myself as I had in mind it was FedEx that had the TV until I got everything set up and went to use the tracking number and found that it was UPS that was delivering. That actually gave me a good laugh at myself. So now I have both services fully set up to me and was able to go online and get the delivery here to our house and will be able to track it on the delivery route this afternoon, Scott will set it up after it arrives. He said this TV has a lot of new technology that he has never heard of and is the type of thing he loves to get into.

The ramp in the garage was basically finished yesterday expect for one little piece of wood and Pat was able to use it to get to the car with her walker this morning. The man will be back this afternoon to finish it and I have his check ready as the materials were just around $ 140 but I am including a few more dollars in the check to pay for the gas he used to make the trips here and to Lowe's for the lumber. I will be going online this morning and making a like contribution to the Church Ministry area that has the Ramp Builders.

I fixed a light breakfast for Pat this morning, something I haven't done in several months. It is amazing what one can do sitting in a wheelchair (as I know Bubble and Don can well attest). We had used up all of our silverware so I got out a big bowl, filled it with hot soapy water and washed up all of the silverware. There are plenty of clean dishes but we had used the silverware an now we have a clean drawer of that. I used to do this all the time and this morning I just sat in the wheelchair and accomplished the task. I now expect to have a very quiet day probably resting in bed, at least this afternoon. I will turn off my "jet motors" and hopefully keep them off. I have never been a procrastinator. :) Just worried about Pat but also know she is fully in God's hands so must remember to turn that matter over to him (although I want to take it back and worry some more! How foolish but we are humans!).

Yesterday was one of great sadness for me as well when my best friend Rods wife called me with the information that it is likely he has now been taken over by that terrible disease of Parkinson's. A couple of days ago they found he had gotten out of the house during the night and had fallen. While there is always hope that this situation is medicine related as his doctor had put him on two new medications. They had taken all the phones out of circulation as he was calling people and also unplugged his electronics, which he was still trying to fix or use. They knew what was going on. Betty and I shed some tears and now my concern is for Betty. Fortunately she has two daughters that are very attentive, one living on the level above where she now lives. Betty is into her 80's and not well herself. She is a very sweet lady who has loved her gardening and her Church and certainly her family. She and Rod were great friends with Kay Arthur and Betty was one of the instructors in Bible Study for Kay for years. I am so grateful that God brought both of these fine people into my life. Rod is 7 years older than I am but age has never been a factor and until the Parkinson's began to destroy is life he was the strong one. He taught me a lot about computers and would come over to help me at a moments notice if I let him know I had a problem.

I guess that is enough for today and I see I certainly didn't keep anything short in terms of what I have written. I guess I am still working on a little nervous energy.

I am not going to try to comment to each posting as the morning is basically gone and it has been a very long morning.  But tomorrow will likely be another matter.

A good friend was here for about an hour to visit with me.  Then the volunteer called and we decided a visit from her tomorrow would work best.

The latest on an unbelievable day. I thought I had the shipping of the new big TV set up to be delivered to our house.  When the UPS truck came she had just a couple of small items for us.  I asked her if she had a big TV and she said no.  Around 3 pm I started to text Scott that there wouldn't be any TV today when he called me saying the TV was sitting in his kitchen. He and Elizabeth were able to get the TV box in the PT Cruiser and now they are getting the TV set up in the living room.