Random Image

wesr rutland mem.jpg

Owner: Beverly
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 02:21:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

2023-11-28, 19:20:53
JeanneP: Now I seem to be able to get into some without it going back to 2016. I have been trying to get ahold of Junnee but see her posting but can find where, Just want her to know that I will again use the EM adress she shows on Here and write, Mine in still 

2023-11-08, 19:12:15
JeanneP: Will give that a try. Sound like should work

2023-11-02, 11:36:21
Oldiesmann: It's not the best solution but it's the only thing that will prevent the forum from thinking you haven't read anything

Soda Shoppe for June 15, 2019

Started by so_P_bubble, June 15, 2019, 03:23:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

so_P_bubble

Welcome home Shirley - you were missed!

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  I only have a few minutes before I have to go get ready for church.  I just finished a whole wheat bagel with butter and brand new red raspberry jam on it.  It was delicious!

Hi SHIRLEY!  Glad you had a good time on your trip.  I was with you in spirit.  I love Colorado and Wyoming! 

I'm off to get myself ready for church.  BBL!  Enjoy your day, Everyfriend!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Amy

Good morning everyone..

We were under a tornado watch last evening so we went and put everything away that could be a flying projectile. Thankfully we didn't get the tornado.

Today is a day of rest here so just take the day as it comes.
Larry, Kyle likes any and all cookie but I think oatmeal, peanut butter and shortbreads are his favourite ones. I think Kyle would say he hasn't met a cookie he doesn't like. :)

Shirley welcome back! What lovely music you had to sleep with, love the sound of running water.Looking forward to seeing your photos.

Jane, good morning. Your jam sounds delicious.. our strawberries are just coming on here and then later in July the raspberries will be on.

Jenny, happy birthday to Brian. Hope your Dad is keeping well.

Peter, hope all is well with you and your move went smooth.

Enjoy your day everyone.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Gloria

Good morning everyone, no rain yesterday but hot and humid, odd we didn't get rain but in other places of the state they had storms and some good size hail, one town about 15 miles away they had hail, now rain after noon today and chance of Tstorms. Such crazy weather this year.

JANE  looks like WM made a booboo not letting staff know about the change at the registers and explain them so everyone would know what to do. Oh Jane, when your feet hurt you hurt all over if seems. Glad that Epsom Salts worked. Bless that old fashioned remedy. I often wish I had a tub to soak in an Epsom Salts bath.

PHYLLIS  if you are slow as molasses then I am as slow as it is going up hill in January. I could not move fast for anything anymore. Last time I made refrigerator pickles I put in too much salt, I ended throwing all of them away. Don't know how I did that but felt like such a waste, if I could not eat them I would not let anyone else have them either.

LLOYD  for the first time in a week we are under 70° to start the day. It is 64° now at 6:30am.

JANE  if I saw that about Kohl's sale in the IP yesterday I just might have called for one. Maybe with how easy cooking in them sounds maybe I could make my meals again. Hmm would have to get rid of either the microwave of my counter oven-that is how it was listed at Kohl's when I bought it. I use that more than the micro. I can bake most every thing in it.

AMY  I thought I was the only one who eats cookies with a glass of milk. They just go together. I just have to dunk some hard cookies in the milk.

JOY  you sound like me, I cannot go anywhere without laying on the couch when I get home again. As a matter of fact I think I spend most of the day laying on the couch and watching TV. Have you seen t he commercial from the chef Emeril Lagasse on TV for the new thing he has? It does everything from frying to baking and has more than one rack in it to cook meals all at the same time. Looks interesting. Makes me wish I had a lot of counter space to get some of the things in the market these days.

LARRY  than God we do not get into the 100's here often, Been more than 40 years that I can remember it getting up there. The low 80's are too much for me. The humidity and dew point climb with the temperature and there is hardly ever a breeze.

AMY  I copied your links for IP recipes for my DIL. She has only used it once since she got it for Christmas and her chicken did not come out right. I have no idea what brand she has but I imagine they are all about the same.

JENNY  my daughter is my youngest and she will be 66 in December. My oldest son will be 68 this coming Tuesday.

JANE  is your jam with or without the seeds? When ever I saw jars of it in the market and found the seedless ones I would grab a couple of them, dislike getting those seeds out with the dental floss for what seems  about half an hour.

SHIRLEY  glad you enjoyed your week in the Colorado mountains. Take it easy now after the ride home. Years ago when we went to my in-laws place at the ocean in Maine I loved falling asleep to the sound of the waves hitting the beach.

Have a good day everyone and keep cool.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

phyllis

Yes, Jane, buy it.  That is a good deal and I think you will make good use of it.  I have the 6 qt. Lux model.  It does everything the Duo does except make yogurt.  I didn't think I would make much use of that feature.  Today I will make Beef Braciole for dinner and will use either tomato sauce or French Onion soup for the liquid you need to pressurize.  It will take about 15 minutes plus browning time, as compared to over an hour in the oven and doesn't heat up the kitchen.  I'm expecting good results.  And don't be afraid of it.  It is perfectly safe if you just follow a few basic rules.

It is so hot and going to be even worse for the next several days, but no storms predicted. There was a sudden pop-up storm in north Raleigh yesterday that caused some damage but it only got cloudy here with no rain or lightning.

I'm glad you are able to get some sleep, Larry, and that Pat is doing better.  My chest tightened up a little bit and I had some minor wheezing a couple days ago but I took a pill and a puff on my inhaler and it went away.  Asthma is one of the reasons I don't like to go out on these hot, humid days but I do get that "closed-in" feeling occasionally.  Since my doctor put me on Montelukast (Singulair) daily I don't often have an Asthma episode anymore.

Gloria, I always salt the cucumbers heavily and let them sit for several hours.  But, then I rinse them really thoroughly before I put the vinegar brine on them and put them in the fridge.  They turned out good this time but nearly always do.  They are a "must have" on our summer-time table.

Take care, All.

EDIT:  I missed some of yesterday's posts.  Glad you bought it, Jane.  You'll like it!  It comes with a few things such as steamer basket, trivet, a couple of plastic spoons.  You can buy all kinds of extra things but also, you can adapt small baking pans or pyrex dishes to use in it.  Someday I may buy the small springform pan for cakes. 

And, for Joy, you don't have to cook a dz. eggs.....the most I cook is 4 or 5 at a time when I want some egg salad for sandwiches.  You could cook as little as 1 or 2 if that is all you want.   And they are so easy to peel!
phyllis
Cary,NC

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone. it is 73º bright sun and calling for in the 90º tys @ 7;25 A M. I never dreamed since child hood until lately. and it is regular now. Last night I dreamed I was having a conservation with a friend that has Ben decided for several years,hope it has no bearing on joining him up there soon. Have a good day everyone.

Lloyd

Joy

Good morning. It is a beautiful morning. Supposed to be a little less humid for a couple days.  I, also, slept better last night and I do feel more rested this morning.  Maybe I will get around to getting my kitchen back in order.

Thanks for all the encouragement for using the Instant Pot.  Amy, I did bookmark all the links that you shared. 

Phyllis, when and if I  make  hard-boiled eggs, I would still do them on the stove.  I can put a couple eggs in a pan of water, let it come to a boil and turn it off.  I would not go to the trouble of using the IP for them. I have seen pictures of some of the worst looking eggs coming out of the IP. I never have problems peeling them. 

Gloria, I  usually have to rest a good while after I get back home. It is so odd, tho, that when I do get out, I guess I am more interested in where I am going, and I don't start to feel tired,  until I get back  home.  Crazy,  isn't it?

Shirley, sounds like you had a wonderful trip.  Will be anxious to hear more about it and see some pictures. 

Hope all the friends have a great day.

Joy
[/size]
BIG BOX

Shirley

Been to church & breakfast with all that joined me in my pew.... trying to gear up to unload the frig & freezer & then unplug the RV so I can run it to the gas station part of the store for my dollar off ($35 worth at $1.per gallon), then back in to put up jacks, slide out & empty. This time I must take off all bedding, including the bag full of covers I keep over the bed just in case a cat gets sick (one did) while moving. Lots of laundry to do & cleaning inside before the next trip (never know how soon that will be, but nice to know I have that choice, right?)  I really am grateful for my choices & know they are not for everyone (I can still see Joan's eyes rolling at the thought of camping... ;D   }

So, still have not found the post of what happened with Larry's Pat... but glad she is doing better. My brain & eyes are not working in sync today so think a nap is necessary somewhere along the day.)

Don't remember who was wishing for a tub to soak in Epsom salt (think it was Gloria)... but a better method is to soak a bath towel folded to fit the part of back needed, first put the heat pad on the bed or couch, then a plastic shower curtain or whatever so the wet towel doesn't soak where not wanted.... then lay the folded towel where your back will fit & turn the heat pad on low & either watch TV or sleep for a couple hours. I only needed to do this one time after several months of a doctor pushing muscle relaxers & chiropractor that wanted traction... & I cured it with my own remedy in that 2 hours. I did stretch my spine as it relaxed, putting one foot over the other & pushing & digging my elbows into the bed to "pull apart" & let those nerves spring out from between the vertabre..... beware, the Epsom salt heats faster than plain water so lower temps on heat pad. My Epsom salt never totally dissolves (that doesn't look right but spell check dings without the double s).... anyway, the towel is sort of "grainy" because I use at least a cup or two of salt, depending on size of towel. When my husband had tennis elbow in his wrist so couldn't play golf, I finally convinced him to try the same with a hand towel & put his wrist in a plastic grocery bag with heat pad on top & just watch TV for a couple hours... worked so good I never had to recommend again, he kept his own box of Epsom salt in his bathroom to soak as needed for as long as he played golf. The morning after a soak he could play golf without any pain. ... So, give it a try.... worked for us!

Not going to get any cooler all week so better move along. So nice to catch up with y'all.... you were missed. No TV, computer or even cell phone signal unless we went into town. The little town of Buena Vista has public showers at the local park, which sits next to the police station... their economy pretty much depends on tourists... but the showers are from the geo-thermo hot springs (no clue how it all works)... so temp is no choice. I know how a lobster feels after an 8 quarter shower!!!  We do this every year & then enjoy the best hamburgers, shakes, fries, onion rings EVER, from a "joint" that has no seating but lines of people waiting to buy..... and a great tree shaded park with plenty of picnic tables to sit at. On one side of the park is a kids playground that even the "privileged" couldn't sneer at & other side has the splashing stream of snow melt off that is found everywhere in the mountains. We do this every year so tradition as well as treat. As Sophia would say, "picture it"..........I did thank God today & put some extra in the collection basket... He will know how much I appreciated the week.    Will come back later with photos of my campside & that roaring Chalk Creek!  Shirley

larryhanna

We have a beautiful day so far this morning and think the rest of the day will be the same although getting into the 90's again.  I had a very good night sleep last night  and rather than  getting up at midnight as has often been the case I didn't get up till after 4 am and I'm taking things pretty easy. Earlier this morning I put an order in at Costco that I will get in 3 to 5 day.  This item did not require an order of $75 or more for free shipping.  I realized I was trying to go to sleep again here in my easy chair so I lay down but thenI  I would listen to the church service that was recorded last week and was the last Sunday for our minister.  It was a very nice service and at the end they shared some statistics of many of the things he had done including bringing seeing more than  400 people into our congregation,  performing many funerals and wedding and other thing and they left out quite a few of them such as  hospital visits.   

Jane, I am going to guess you will likely be the one who uses the IP the most. I think my wife bought about all of the accessories but know there was a book that came with the IP and a Google Search for IP recipes should give you many sites that show videos or have recipes. Pat just ordered one of the air fryers for the kids for Christmas as Costco has a good deal on one and all three of them can probably enjoy using the device.  Pat likes the red raspberry jam on her toast and she said she had a bigger jar in reserve as I thought she would need to order more.

Amy, I know that Pat uses Pinarest to save recipes and other things she will want to refer to.  I have sent Pat the link about turning the IP into the air fryer.

Scott was just here for a few minutes and now we will wait to see him again on Wednesday.  He assured me he is going to be taking his two days off each week. 

Shirley, it sounds like you had a wonderful trip and was glad to see your son did the driving for you.  I look forward to hearing more about your trip and how you got along.  It sounds like more trips will be in the offering with just a little help from one of your sons.  Welcome home. You are also seeing my eyes rolling at the thought of having to go camping.  :) Pat had an asthma flare and the beginning of pneumonia had started in one corner of her lung.  Her lungs have been weak for many years.  She was pretty ill but is now feeling a lot better although the pregazone and the antibiotic are causing upset stomach but only about 3 more days of the combination and so it is worth it (of course I am not the one with the upset stomach!!)

Joy, it is always nice to get a little extra sleep and I find it amazing how I can feel like a different person after some good sleep. It is good for us to get out and about.  Scott will now be having both Wednesdays and Thursdays off so we are hoping to get out it only for a drive at least once a week.  Wednesday Pat will get a haircut and I plan on also doing the same.  Then we have to go to Home Depot for a return and while we are there I hope we can stop to eat at Sonny's BBQ, which is a place I have liked since we started going to Florida each year for those 20 years.  I may be tired when we get home but it will be a good type of tiredness and I can then rest.  One of the real joys of being in Hospice. 

Amy

This has been a lazy day. We took off to a small hamlet to have our lunch. Mercy is was like an ant hill, people everywhere. We did get our lunch then toddled on home.

Jane another thing I bought was extra gasket,aka rubber rings as some of the smells from cooking will go into them. Just a soak in vinegar and baking soda will freshen them up but I wanted one for yogurt, rice pudding etc .
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Mary Ann

We have the 3 qt IP, which is big enough for two or three people.  Tom may have bought more, but one thing he wanted was the glass top for the insert.  That way he can put the insert in the refrigerator.  We like the results.

Mary Ann

Amy

Happy birthday Oldiesman :hb2:
May you have a special day.
Jimmy Dean

Oldiesmann

Quote from: Amy on June 30, 2019, 08:19:12 PMHappy birthday Oldiesman :hb2:
May you have a special day.

I actually celebrated yesterday because I wouldn't have had enough time to celebrate today with church in the morning. Spent the day with my sister, brother-in-law and nieces at a small local amusement park that's also home to a huge pool (200 feet by 401 feet according to one site, with a capacity of 3.5 million gallons of water), then we all went to dinner with my parents and home for ice cream cake and presents.

Amy

Sounds like a perfect day to me!!
Jimmy Dean

Shirley

Sounds like a 2 day birthday to me, Michael! Another Very Happy Birthday from Shirley in Kansas...(just back from a week in Colorado & still feel like swaying with the RV). 

so_P_bubble