Random Image

futon bed

Owner: Sandy
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 06:11:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

2023-11-28, 19:20:53
JeanneP: Now I seem to be able to get into some without it going back to 2016. I have been trying to get ahold of Junnee but see her posting but can find where, Just want her to know that I will again use the EM adress she shows on Here and write, Mine in still 

2023-11-08, 19:12:15
JeanneP: Will give that a try. Sound like should work

2023-11-02, 11:36:21
Oldiesmann: It's not the best solution but it's the only thing that will prevent the forum from thinking you haven't read anything

Soda Shoppe for June 15, 2019

Started by so_P_bubble, June 15, 2019, 03:23:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amy

Jane,   Jane,   Jane.The pumpkin seeds are peeking through, oh boy pumpkin pie not yet :))
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Amy

Took hubby out for breakfast this morning, then over to the coffee shop, (he likes coffee) and it was HIS day.  In the afternoon we went over to his sisters' deliver her birthday gift and have tea with her.
Now, I am doing a lot of nothing, checked the garden to see what is and isn't coming up and if weather is good tomorrow will plant more beans.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

My Texas daughter says the Texas bunnies like pumpkin plants.  It keeps her busy keeping them away from them.  I hope Canadian bunnies are different!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Amy

Oh dear.. we have two four legged animals here that would put the run on a rabbit.
Maybe she could try somethin g from here..
https://www.wikihow.com/Keep-Rabbits-out-of-Your-Garden-Organically
Jimmy Dean

JaneS

Thanks AMY.  I checked out that website and then emailed it to my daughter. We'll see if she finds something that helps.

I'm off to bed.  I wish you all a peaceful night and a happy tomorrow.

There's June over on the side of the page!  I sure do miss her!

Shirley

Larry, I have a one track mind & still thinking about what you said "the other day"..."The nurse assured me yesterday that as long as my oxygen stays up in the high 90's, which it seems to do, I really don't need to use the oxygen but have it in case I start having pain or a lot of shortness of breath." My oxygen level used to be (before replacing the valve & 3 by-passes) 98 or 99, when I would check when Cas was alive. I never thought anything about it until I took his finger-thingy that checks oxygen to CO with me & after driving out by myself the year we lost LaurenKat, with nightmare of cat screaming to stop & potty, & finally getting into a place to stop for the night... found oxygen was at 74. It went up to 83 after a few days. So I have checked it fairly often (maybe once every few months), it ranges from 92 (tonight) to good days of 94-96. So now I am concerned that you are running in the upper 90s so wondering why mine is this low. Any thoughts?  I am really happy to see how high yours is & so pleased with how good you are doing, and am impressed with the great care you are getting. I am sort of uneasy about my next trip to the "high country" but won't back out now, but will not push doing too much. I realize my doctors aren't sure what to do with or for me since I can't take pills, but they also don't explain the boundaries of MY problems. You have made me think & understand so much with explaining your situation. Thank you again!

Past my bedtime but watching an old western that I haven't seen before & want to see how it ends. Had a nap today that got me my full 6 hours sleep, (that is what I have my Fitbit set on as sleep need). I am also concerned about Tom tonight, he was out all day, not sure where he was hiding, but he came in limping tonight. Not real bad but a sore leg or joint. No sign of blood or a fight so not sure what happened to him, but don't think he could win a chase if a coyote or whatever came after him. He is not a good climber like Tiger. Think everyone is asleep by now to will check in tomorrow. Shirley

Denver

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to all of the Dad's that are associated to our special group.  I hope everyone had a nice day.

It was a very special day here for my Dad and me.  I suppose we both felt like today might be the last Father's Day my Dad will have, but if not we will look forward to as many more that we might given💗💗

I wish you all a good evening and a nice rest for all.

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Gloria

Good morning everyone. Yesterday was not a good one for Dads to show their skill at the BBQ. Rain all day and I did not do much of anything. When I pulled up the shades this morning every thing was drying up so could be today will be much better.  I know I look forward to a back massage later.

LARRY  I was talking to a DIL Saturday and she is another one with back trouble. It is not pleasant to have to do things when your back hurts with every thing we do.

JANE  wish that little guy in the tummy would tell me I am hungry. I would love to be able to eat a good meal again. Where my daughter lives there are a lot of Jack rabbits and ny SIL put chicken wire all aroung the garden to keep them out.

Have a good day everyone.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Amy

Good morning everyone

A beautiful morning here....we have sun !!  Will be taking my vehicle in again to get the problems? fixed. They may bring me home and I can get some work done here, noticed the weeds are also growing in the garden and need to be pulled.

Kyle tripped coming into the house last evening with an arm full of kindling and ended up with two cuts on his arm. I cleaned the cuts and put polysporin on them and a gauze bandage. Thankfully, it didn't bleed a lot with him being on Eliquis!

Shirley, hope Toms leg is better today. We do worry about our furkids.

Jenny , sounds like you had a nice time with your Dad.

Gloria, hope you have better weather today. Can you believe June is more than half over? July, August and we are back into cooler weather.

Larry, you are doing great!! Just don't over do it and take it easy. You tuckered me out reading all that you did.

Phyllis, I talked with my sister last night and told her of the corn in the IP. We had some yesterday and it is so nice not to have to use a pot of water. Told her of my goof of putting too much in the IP and then releasing the steam which was a sticky mess to clean up but that was my fault. Looking back I should have just cooked the rhubarb in it then add the cans of crushed pineapple. Live and learn :)

Callie, hope you're feeling better today.

Joy, hope you are ok?

Better get a move on here..

Enjoy your day everyone.
Jimmy Dean

phyllis

Amy, it is a learning process of what works and what doesn't in the IP.  Yesterday I made Smothered Pork Chops and "Baked" Sweet Potatoes and they turned out good.  I think I could have set the pork chops for another minute so I'll try that next time.  I have a sort of Rule of Thumb on releasing pressure.  I don't ever do it all at once...just take a long handled wooden spoon and nudge the release lever to vent just a little at a time until it is almost finished hissing and then put the lever on full release until it no longer "hisses" at me and then I open it.  I put the sweet potatoes in first. Just washed them, left the skins on, and cooked them for 18 minutes after pressure came up.  They were done all the way through and very tasty.  No oven on....no peeling...no problem.

Jane, if your new range has a convection setting, that is really good for baking all those cookies that you make at Christmas time.  And the warming "burner" is good for warming plates before dinner so you don't cool down hot food by putting it on a cold plate.  That sounds fussy, I know, but I hate it when I put hot food on the plate and it is cold before we can even begin eating.  And, it is really good for holding a pot of soup so it is still hot when we go back for a second bowl.  One bowl of soup is never enough for David!

No cooking in the IP today.  I was on my feet too much yesterday and am paying the price for that today.  The neuropathy bothered me last night and I didn't sleep too well and feeling a little draggy today so I'll do the laundry and then hug the recliner and read for most of the day.

Take care, All.
phyllis
Cary,NC

Joy

Good morning.

Yes, I have been absent for a couple days.  Had a busy day on Sat.  Was out with my son, grandson, and 4 little great-grandchildren.  Went to a nice produce place and they had a nice playground for the kids, while I shopped.  Got some good fresh produce and then we went to lunch.  Celebrated my little Addy's 7th birthday.  Hard to believe that she will be 7 years old tomorrow. She is a sweet little girl.  All the children were very good and it was a nice day.

I have had a couple almost sleepless nights.  Get so sleepy, but then can't get to sleep. So, I am sure it will be a pretty lazy day.  I have decided I won't get my hair done today. It can wait another week.

Phyllis, I agree with you about it being a learning process with the IP. So far, I have not used mine.  I see so many pros and cons on the IP Facebook pages. Just when I get to think I might try something,  I read where people have had terrible failures with whatever they fixed. So, then I have to get my nerve up all over again. One of these days, I will just have to bite the bullet and try something.  I haven't even done the  first test with the water. I think if I could get that done and it all works ok, I might be more apt to use it.  I originally wanted it to make yogurt, but it sounds like it is a very long process for making it. So, will have to wait and see.  Your Port Chops and Sweet Potatoes sound delicious.

I did go back and read everyone's messages, but too many to make comments.

Larry, am so glad that you are doing more and getting out a little bit.  That really makes me feel so happy for you. I am sure Pat and Scott are  pleased with all the improvements in such a short time.  I have always heard nothing by good things about Hospice care, but so glad to read your description of all that they do. 

Jane, I am sure you are enjoying your new stove. 

Jenny, also so glad that your Dad is showing some signs of improvement.  I know you enjoyed being with him on Father's Day.  Hope Michele is feeling better. I think you mentioned that they were going on a little trip, so hope  all is going well while they are away.

I just want to tell all the friends that you all are special and I hope you all have a great day.

Joy
BIG BOX

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  We've been up and did the usual this morning and I slept more while we waited out the doggies pills.  I still feel like going back to bed but that's not an option today.  Maybe after I get my shower, I'll feel better.

Yesterday, I baked, fried, boiled, simmered and sautéed on my stove.  I think I'm getting used to it.  PHYLLIS, I never thought about warming up the plates on the warmer.  They don't get too hot to handle, do they?

I did a very dumb thing last night.  I went to bed and left my front door wide open and my back on closed but not locked.  If my daughter ever finds that out I'll be in a nursing home before I can blink.  Well, not really but she would probably call me every night for a month to make sure I locked up.

Now I'm going to go get my shower and then take the doggies out again or maybe vice versa depending on what they tell me when I stand up from the desk.

I hope Everyfriend has a lovely day spent just as you please!  It's yours!  Have it your own way!

Lloyd Hammond

well I can relate to back trouble Hurt. several years ago when I was working for the county ruining a road grader. I was standing in the open door holding to the hand hold pipe to close it with, a gust of wind grabbed it jerked me out, I grabbed hold with my other hand,it sung me out and when the door hit the side of the cab slung me off and I hit the rear tire with my back it ruptured my spin cord between L 4 and L 5 they done surgery and cut a grove for the nerve cord to lay in it is bone on bone, I have full time pain in it.
I just keep my mined on other things so is livable. Life goes on,mined over Matter works good for the most part. Have a great day.

Lloyd

larryhanna

Hi everyone on what looks like it will be a very nice day. It is suppose to get up to about 91 degrees this afternoon with only a small chance of showers.

I thought I was going to have a rough night last night but woke up this morning and realized I had gotten 4 or 5 hours of good sleep and since them had a another short nap at my desk. By 6 am I . dressed and had eaten my breakfast. I will be using my wheelchair to get around in the house today rather than trying to walk as the walking seems to bring on this chest pain. I also realize I am not really ready to leave the house unless necessary.

I decided to do an interesting exercise this morning to see approximately what I had spent since going under Hospice to fix up my bedroom as I wanted it plus some other purchases like clothing. I found I have spent about $1,800 so far with probably another $1,000 spent by the time I get the ramp built in the garage. When I considered what I would have paid in co-pays for doctor visits and medicines, etc, I am still ahead of the game by a few hundred dollars. There are only three or four things left to be delivered and one of the big ones will be the carpet runner that is to be delivered today. This morning I ordered a keyed electronic deadbolt system for our front door that will allow 16 numbers to unlock the deadbolt and then at night there is a lock out feature where these numbers won't work. This way each of my family members can have there own code to get in as can some of the Hospice workers, if they want to bother. This along with my home security system should provide good protection as well as much less work going to the front door.

I am planning on having a FaceTime visit this afternoon with several men from my previous Church. They apparently know very little about computers or phones and think they are going to be very pleased to find out how easy making such calls can be and the hours of driving if they were to make the 5 hour round trip to visit me.

Jane, great idea with the solar lights as it could well prevent a fall. I don't believe we can ever have too much light and have a couple of night lights here in my bedroom. Not going to get much done today other than rest. My heart is telling me to take it easy and cool it today. Will probably spend a good part of it sitting here in bed using my laptop.

Amy, pumpkin pie is my son's favorite. I do hope the pumpkins don't come up as pies as they would be bland without those seasonings. :) It sounds like it is pretty dangerous for Kyle to try to carry things. I am paying the price for what I enjoyed doing yesterday as well as on the morning out.

Shirley, keep that little device handy to check your blood oxygen level. I checked mine this morning and it was up to 98 percent. So I don't need the oxygen. I even took out the big pillow Pat had put in the bed to be sure my feet were higher than my heart. I would ask my doctor if you should consider using an oxygen generator especially at night? I am glad to hear you plan on being very careful in the high country as the shortage of oxygen in the air with the heights can quickly do bad things to us, least It did to me.

Gloria, hope that back massage gives you a much better day today. I feel so sorry for my wife as just standing a few minutes causes her such pain. I just wish I could do more for her but realize this situation is likely to go the other way as she may have to do more for me.

Phyllis, Pat is very careful in releasing the steam and uses a wooden spoon or something else. At least with some dishes you can let the pressure release naturally.

Joy, start out with something simple with the IP. It really does a great job on meat. Pat has experienced very few unsuccessful outings.

Lloyd, you have certainly had more than your share of serious incidents over the years.

Well I keep trying fall asleep as I am trying to write and that is sure something new and different for me.

phyllis

Jane, the warmer burner on my stove has different levels so for warming plates I set it on Lo and for keeping pot of soup warm I set it between med. and hi.  For melting a couple tbs. of butter I put it in a measuring cup and set the control up on hi.  It works very well.  I have to tell a story on myself...when I got the stove I thought that warmer setting is useless...I'll never use that!  But, I use it all the time.  ::)  It is so handy.
phyllis
Cary,NC

CallieOK

Merry Monday,

Janie,  what fun you're having with your new stove!  I also replaced a coil-top with a glass top.  Have had to learn patience with it not heating as fast as I think the coils did and that my very old pots tend to slide around - particularly if I'm stirring something.  However, it's easy to clean and I like all the features.

I rarely use my front door so it's always locked.  I always lock the screen when I come in the patio door but have been guilty of forgetting to turn the dead-bolt when I shut the door.  (I won't tattle if you won't  ;) )

Phyllis,  have been interested in your comments on the warming burner.  Mine has that and the directions said it will not actually warm anything - just keep it that way.  I interpreted that to mean whatever I put on it has to be warm (hot) to start with.  Tried it with hot muffins in a bun warmer but it didn't work - probably because the container wasn't hot.  Right?

I also have the convection oven option and was interested in your saying it would be good for baking cookies.  I don't understand exactly how convection works (or why it would be a better choice) so have never used it.  Glad to see a recommendation and will try it.

Gloria, today is massage day for me, also, and I'm looking forward to it.

Amy, thank you for your concern about how I feel.  We continue to have torrential rains and storms almost daily because of weather fronts from the Gulf of Mexico and from the northwest colliding over Oklahoma. Neighbor and I have discussed contacting Noah to see about leasing the Ark  ;D 
All better today.

Wishing Everyfriend Everywhere an Enjoyable Day.

Shirley

Been up & down twice so will stay up now. Reading back over, forgot to mention in earlier post that I also found a lot to take in with that link you posted, Amy!  I bookmarked to save to read over & over, but did give me an idea what to try on that ground ivy that is running wild in my front yard. It is awful to see it covering the lava rock across the front of the house, have huge chunks that sit on the smaller rock, used to look so nice. Have the big concrete bird bath that sits in one spot that all the wildlife loves to clean up & drink. Don't want to put down anything to harm the wildlife but weed whipping is not good as it slings the small rock every direction. Anyway, thanks for the link! Sorry about Kyle's boo-boo.. those blood thinners can sure make a mountain out of a molehill/scratch!  Eliquis not so bad but since I can't take that with artificial valve, I stick to my full 325 aspirin but don't take that every day. Sure had a terrible reaction to Plavix & the other blood thinner B???

Lloyd, I swear you must have bailing wire holding your body together! Sounds like you have had great doctors along the way to not be paralyzed. Stay safe.... I think I am lucky that you are heading north east & I will be driving west so we don't run into each other. Some day maybe we can plan to camp in the same Corp of Engineer campground down near Warsaw, but hope you & Nancy are parked before I get there, not sure you are safe backing that thing in!!! I'm teasing, you know.  Does Nancy like camping in the woods or do you only go to the commercial campgrounds?  I get fair TV where I camp but also have a DVD player attached to each TV and daughter gave me a whole basket full of DVDs that she knew I would enjoy, so as long as I have electricity I am happy.  No electricity in Colorado but we keep busy enough to never be bored, even when my sons are not camped in the site next to mine.

Gloria, hope you get a good back rub today. Do you have one of those massage cushion seats?  I've worn out 3 of them & the last one I bought didn't go all the way to my neck so doesn't do as much good. Better than nothing! Those big jack rabbits are what I remember best about AZ & NM.... even southern CO had them. We had them when we first built a house west of Wichita but they eventually got killed off. Couldn't grow a tree until they were gone. I had heard to plant garlic around a young tree but didn't slow them down, they just reached over. The wind was so bad we didn't put chicken wire around, but in this area we have to put it around young trees to keep the beaver from munching down.

Jane, I pulled that stunt one time & didn't dare tell my kids.... scared me when I realized what I did & since have been "religious" about double checking garage & house doors!  I do sleep with my bedroom door open but okay with being right there & nobody could sneak past me!  Sounds like you have taught that new stove a few tricks about cooking your way already.

Joy, you are as bad as me with a new "toy" that just sits there!  My new bike is protected from a cat that shall remain nameless, from shorting it out with her appreciation. So much trouble to unwrap to ride a few minutes to get more comfortable riding further from the house... so I am waiting until after our trip to the mountains, since I can't take it with me. I don't want to bang my knees up before going, old ladies don't look good with Band Aides all over their legs! I do wear knee length pants around the campground & slightly longer when we go into town. Get busy with that IP... I may get one to help with the food fests for the family. Not by 4th of July, most will be in town for that but meats get grilled for that & most want fresh veggies & fruit to much before the fireworks start. Plans are in the works for early Thanksgiving & pretty sure I will do the turkey & turkey & noodles for that.... but the slow cook in the oven is best for that (I'm too old to learn how to do that any other way).

Phyllis, I love candied sweet potatoes & bet what you did with the IP could work in my old pressure cooker, just pressure till tender & then add the brown sugar. I would still have to peel them before cooking, but would be faster. I do have a vivid memory of when we first got back from England & Mother gave me her extra pressure cooker. I had it full of pinto beans & the first goof was when I was wasning the beans before cooking & the lid slipped & let a whole bunch of those beans go down the drain. Cas had to take that whole "neck" under the sink apart that night, before they swelled.  Never did that again but your talking about waiting for it to stop hissing reminded me of the time I walked past the stove & popped that dinger off without thinking.... & it blew bean juice to the ceiling & dripped back behind the stove. What a mess!  I was maybe all of 23 or 24 at the time so couldn't blame any of it on OLD AGE!!!  I did learn respect for the pressure cooker.

Jenn, so happy to read your father is doing so well, no doubt you being there was the best medicine!  Nice of Bob to handle some paper work while there. I already have mine simplified for the easiest transition to next stage for me. This morning I am giving serious thoughts about staying here to take care of cats. Tom found his own breakfast & when Tiger woke me up about 3:30 am to come in, Tom was not interested in MY offerings. I fed Tiger & Callie & they went back out so I got some more zzzzzzzs. This is not smart because now it it hot out & I do have some outside chores to do, including cleaning up the left overs that Tom didn't eat.... right by the step on that grass carpet! ICK!!!  The trees are still, sun bright & it is steamy to open the door. Will put a load of laundry & decide what to do next. Your father is the age of my brother so give him a hug & pep talk for me! My brother was very concerned about being short winded but decided if he just paced himself & sat down every so often, he could still do all that yard work he loves. Took down a grape arbor & planted pots & pots of flowers everywhere this year. He & his wife go flower shopping every spring & their yard looks like a picture. My father was born in 1898 so June 15 would have been quite a few years older than yours... 

Have a great day, everyone.... I'd better get to work or it will be lunch time & only thing I've done is eat & sleep. :o

Wheeee, Callie, Phyllis & Larry, you got here first so quick cracks .. & I'm off & running. Will be back later in the day to help y'all solve the problems of the world.

Amy

Jimmy Dean

Shirley

Amy, for sure the photo of the babies was not the ones ready to fly! I have pics as Barbara & George & later, Rossi, with lots bigger feathers before being able to take off. I vividly remember the first night Barbara & George opted to stay with the other ducks on the river. I was down on the bank with a light, whistling to see if they had changed their minds. They came home next morning, expecting breakfast! 

I fixed the babies shredded lettuce, cooked rice & duck/chicken corn & other seeds. It was served on one of those old TV trays of the '50s minus the legs. They would get on the tray & stomp the food & slurp it up... I would fill the tray with water. As they got older they would bring wild friends to the back door to share food. Some where I have lots of photos of critters we raised, besides the ducks. A bluejay & 2 starlings, meadowlark, all given the option of going back to the wild.

The robin that stayed with us for 8 years was grown when I first noticed it sharing the little ducks food tray. Have no idea how old she was, but she thought of us as family. She lived in the wild & migrated every winter, but made sure she let us know when she returned in the spring. Life doesn't get much better than having wildlife trust us. It is a lot of work & as long as they depended on us for food, we had to take them when we traveled. Thanks for the link, fun to read what others have done.

Lloyd Hammond

Shirley I do have staleness steel wire in my left jaw. a  accident with the bulldozer blade in I think 1958. they wired my mouth shut and wired the lower busted jaw together for six months. I kept telling them I was going to eat a big juice stake when i got the wire off the teeth. the doctor kept telling me to try a hamburger first, he was correct i could not open my mouth when I got them off, had to learn how to open it. It took several weeks before I could open it fully. that year before the brake we had bought and canned several bushel's of Peaches. my aunt had a blender she loaned it to me, a quart jar will screw right on the cutters of it. so we pureed them and I sucked them through a straw through my teeth and gained weight also. I have been told I need to narrate my life story , it would be a best seller. it has been a rough one but I am tough survivor.
If i survive the night see you tomorrow,

Lloyd

JaneS

I'm heading off to bed and both doors are closed and locked.  I did it right after I tood the doggies out for the last time so I wouldn't forget.  The stove burners are all off, there's no water running anywhere and all the appliances are unplugged.  The outside lights are all turned off and I'm ready to hit the hay.

I wish you all a peaceful sleep and a happy tomorrow.  And may God bless us, every one!

Lloyd Hammond

good Morning everyone. I have a document on this computer but can't remember how  to get it in email or here either.

Amy

Good morning everyone.

Took the vehicle in yesterday only to come home again, the fellow that works on the a/c was sick. The garden got weeded, still some to do but not a lot. Planted two more packages of beans and hand watered the small garden. Of course taking hubby out for coffee is a given here.

Today, I am to phone to see if the mechanic is in then I hope to get this vehicle fixed. Need to finish the weeding and put a pot of soup on ,maybe in the IP, we shall see.

Shirly , we sound a lot a like in having rescues. I even brought a garter snake in but Mom didn't know about that one..

Jane , happy to see you had all doors locked.

Callie, while chatting with Noah, tell him he should have had one mosquito on each of his hands and clapped them together. Had the skeeters trying to help me garden yesterday :(

Good morning Lloyd , I see you are here..

Everyone have a great day...
Jimmy Dean

larryhanna

Hi everyone. The weather says it will reach 90 degrees again today and that there is a high probability of rain here late this afternoon, which we can use. Yesterday was sort of a lost day for me as spent most of it laying in bed. About any movement, and sometimes no movement at all, was bringing on these new discomforts in the middle of my chest. I was really tired. In mid-afternoon the girls came out and spent a couple of hours with us. When they came in they handed me a nice box of Dairy Queen Dilly Bars and, of course, we had to check them out at supper time. 

Then around pm I had the call from my three Church friends from my previous Church and we got connected on Face Time and it was most enjoyable. However, I talked so much that I was sort unhappy with myself and wrote them an email to apologize for monopolizing the conversation. I find I am doing that frequently now and am wondering if some of the medication I now take could be contributing to this situation. I sure hope I haven't always talked this much. 

Scott sent a text late last evening after his work that he planned on coming out today. IT will be nice to see him and not sure what he has in mind other than to test out the Bluetooth receiver/transmitter that he got me for Father's Day. He is bringing his blue tooth headphones so we can try it out. If it works well I have already picked out a new set of noise canceling headphones to get.

The aid will be here from Hospice to help me with a shower this morning. As far as I know now the rest of the day will be one of rest. My plan is to begin to clean out a lot of old files I have saved on the computer. I am going to create a sectionalized notebook of the information Pat and Scott might need when I am no longer in the picture and it will have several sections of things that have been important to me such as a few poem written my my Grandmother. It should be both a useful project and a pleasant one in gathering this info from the computer and getting things on paper.

Phyllis, my wife used the slow cooker setting on you Instant Pot to fix our dinner last evening and let it cook for 4 hours. It turned out to be very good and she realizes she may have been missing out on something. I think there is also a setting where you can go ahead and fix something in the Instant Pot and then it will keep it warm for 8 hours. Pat usually feels better in the mornings so hope she will utilize both of these slow cooking settings. Glad you are able to use the warmer setting on your stove. I am not aware we ever have had a range with that feature.

Callie, I think the thing Pat misses about not having the old type burners on the stove is that she like to cook in a cast iron frying pan but is afraid of using such now as she might drop it and break the glass cook top. I had to convince Pat yesterday that the electronic deadbolt would work as we can use the lockout feature anytime, especially at night or if the house is empty. I think I will get that tomorrow and it will be one of two or three little projects I have set aside for my brother-in-law (per my sisters request to have a few little projects Bob can help us with.) Pat also wants him to go around the tighten all of the doorknobs. You know I bet there is a long waiting list to rent the Ark with all the rain you have had in your area and other parts of the Midwest and Northeast.

Shirley, it has been years since I have taken a 325 mg aspirin a day but now am doing so with the Hospice medications. If I liked to camp it sure would be in a nice commercial camp ground. As I think about it I will do all of my camping in my comfortable house. What I like about sweet potatoes is when they have a big layer of marshmallows on top. Some days I am very short of breath and others not at all. I think using the wheelchair makes a big difference and can see I will be using it a lot more in the future as doesn't put as much stress on my heart as using the walker. I can see why wild life must really love you as you are their very own private chef.

Lloyd, I bet you do have a very interesting life story and have done a lot of things with your life.

Jane, it sounds like you have a bedtime checklist? I hope you had a great nights sleep.

Lloyd Hammond

It sure is very foggy here today.the weather person says 1/10 mile but I think they are blind,not that far here. Have a good day.

Lloyd

JaneS

I'm here! and actually, I did have a good night's sleep  As usual the doggies got me up early but after their pill, we slept for another hour and 15 mintes.  I think I'll have o make this one short and go take care of my eye drops before I'll be able to see well.  I'll be back soon!

phyllis

Callie, I think they should have named the warming feature on the glass tops "Keep Warm Burner".  Yes, it has to be warm or hot when you shift the pot of whatever over to the warming burner and it keeps it warm.  I've melted butter in a pyrex cup on it but melting butter in the microwave is faster.  As to the convection....it just circulates the hot air around in the oven and supposedly bakes things more evenly.  You know how some cookie recipes tell you to turn the cookie sheet in the middle of baking to get even browning?  In a convection oven you supposedly don't have to do that.  I'll be honest, I don't use it all that much.  I did bake drop biscuits on Sunday with Convection Bake and I was pleased at the even browning that I like to see on biscuits just coming out of the oven.

Shirley, I think you are the Dr. Doolittle of Wichita.  You seem to just speak the language of all those critters.  I laughed at your dumping a pot of beans down the drain.  When Tom was in the Air Force there wasn't a lot of money coming in so we relied on cheap things a lot.  We ate Kraft macaroni and cheese 'til both of us hated it.  One time when I was draining the macaroni after cooking I accidentally dumped the whole pot in the sink.  Tom and I just looked at each other and said, "Thank God!" We were really sick and tired of mac n' cheese.

Larry, that keep warm for hours in the IP is nice if you aren't ready to open the pot right away.  Also, there is a Delay feature where you can get everything into the pot and set it to start cooking at a later time.  It really is an amazing appliance but like you, I treat it with respect.  I never fill the pot too full!  I remember vividly having to clean potatoes off of the ceiling because too much in the  old top of the stove pot clogged the little safety valve where the steam  comes out and it over pressurized and blew up.   :o

I've got to go....I'm due to get my second Shingrix today.  I'm not looking forward to it.  The first shot made me feel pretty blah for a couple of days.  I'm keeping the Tylenol bottle close by.

Hi, to everybody else.  Stay safe and Stay well, All.

phyllis
Cary,NC

Joy

Good morning.  A pretty sunny morning, but still predicting widely scattered showers for the rest of the week.  Some areas had rain yesterday, but it was sunny all day up my way.

I did get to talk to 2 of my grand daughters yesterday. THey both live in Connecticut, and I don't get to see them a lot, so it was nice to catch up with what is going on in their lives. They both have new babies.  One is just a little over a month old and the other one is about 4 months old. I could hear them in the background.

Nothing much going on yet this morning.  I did sleep a little better last night.  I need to get a few chores done today, as yesterday was a kind of lost day.

I will play cards tonight. 

Nice to see Larry, Jane, Amy, Phyllis and Lloyd here this morning.  Hope all of you and all the other friends will have a great day.

Joy
BIG BOX

JaneS

I've been reading up on what my new stove will do and I'm pretty sure it said that if you have the oven full (both shelves) the convection setting will give all items the same type of cooking.  So I suppose that having two cookie sheets or 3 or more layers would suggest using the convection setting.

Both doggies have had a bath and the old lady had a shower so we're all clean and ready for a rest.  After lunch, I'm going to go get a haircut.  They're beginning to think I look like "Cousin ITT from The Addams Family".

I guess I better get a move on.  It'll be lunch time before I know it!  Enjoy your day!

Amy

Tomorrow the van goes in..they were backed up from being a man short yesterday so tomorrow is the day...I hope!! Managed to get some gardening done ,trimmed some limbs off a Mountain Ash and put fresh did in a BIG puppy dug hole with some grass seed....and a fence around it!!
Jimmy Dean