Random Image

list.jpg

Owner: Jeanne Lee
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 18, 2024, 11:11:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

2023-11-28, 19:20:53
JeanneP: Now I seem to be able to get into some without it going back to 2016. I have been trying to get ahold of Junnee but see her posting but can find where, Just want her to know that I will again use the EM adress she shows on Here and write, Mine in still 

2023-11-08, 19:12:15
JeanneP: Will give that a try. Sound like should work

2023-11-02, 11:36:21
Oldiesmann: It's not the best solution but it's the only thing that will prevent the forum from thinking you haven't read anything

Soda Shoppe for June 15, 2019

Started by so_P_bubble, June 15, 2019, 03:23:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shirley

I am watching it hail, some almost ping pong ball size, but jagged so does more damage. Pouring rain so with the heat & humidity it will melt fast. I took video with phone & camera but the iPod is in the other room, it does the best job with video. Cats are all inside. Been taking photos, not sure if any damage on RV or roof, sure shredded a lot of leaves from the trees!  Sun is back out & steamy. Looks like more than half an inch is that little while, I emptied the rain gauge yesterday.

Hope you get that AC fixed on your vehicle, Amy, sure been running mine full time. One day the heater & seat warmer & next day the AC. I never adopted a snake.  :o

Denver

A good Tuesday evening HELLO to ALL.

Here it is nearly Wednesday already and time for us to leave my Dad and head home😢😢

The week has passed quickly and we have accomplished a lot and being with my Dad has been very rewarding for both of us.  Tomorrow morning is going to be very hard to say goodbye and head for the airport😩. Overall I think Dad is doing quite well and is getting around fine, however he is easily confused about many things.....then he seems OK and then confusion again.  If we talk about things in the past he knows EVERYTHING....just the short term stuff😢😩. So, so sad and worrisome. 

I have read the posts and enjoyed them but I apologize for not commenting on individual posts right now. 

Michele had chemo today and she is in the same condition she normally is on this day.  Bless her heart.  She will not have chemo again until the Monday after the 4th......we hope and pray she may be feeling OK to go to Vail with the family for the 4th of July. 

Pleasant dreams to all and you will hear from me again when I am back home in Colorado 🥰

Jenny

🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Lloyd Hammond

well it is time I wish you all  sweet dreams and good night. hope to see you all tomorrow; and Ladies I no nothing about your convection ovens and little about microwaves Lucky to get them on to warm hot chocklet.

Lloyd

Shirley

Jenny, I feel your frustration & have walked in your shoes, and like you, backed off because I knew any disagreement would break their hearts (Mom & Dad). After they were gone I was disappointed that the one in charge did not do what our parents had always said they wanted done. Even though I still get upset about it, I know it was right to bite my tongue. Hugs to you & Bob, you are showing your family how to live right, no regrets!

I have ironed a pile of clothes to try on & pick out the most comfy. Got to admit that eating those 2 boxes of Russell Stover turtles the last 2 weeks has added an inch around the middle. UGG..... My bad, MY gotta quit pigging out!  The other thing is I have been eating lunch late so don't eat "supper" until 7:30 or 8:00 and for sure, that is NOT GOOD! 

This time of year we have to have summer & winter clothes in the same day, even coats in the high country. I finally found everything I was looking for so next step is making sure I don't leave behind what I really need for the road.

We have had so much coming & going lately, with graduations, birthdays & weddings, my poor daughter spent 10 days baby sitting her 2 year old grand while parents & 2 older kids went to Disney world, home less than a week & flying to Seattle to take care of the 5 year old while parents stay with the one year old while she has the tubes put in her ears. Any surgery is always scary & no way to explain to a one year old what it's all about. She has had 9 infections in a year because of this so the doctors said there's no choice. I think it's scheduled for Friday, so prayers welcome for little Ellie.

Good night, Lloyd, you snuck in. ;)  I went to Sam's Club today & bought the big 20 oz hot cups to make hot chocolate in when camping. That is one thing I hate to wash out when camping, those mugs left with the chocolate stuck to the bottom. This trip we will throw those cups away! 

Sweet dreams to all and God Bless. Shirley

JaneS

JENNY, my thoughts and prayers are with you.  You have so much to deal with.  And it looks like your hands are tied in more ways than one.  As Shirley said, your frustration has to be overwhelming!  Don't worry about venting!  That's part of being a "family" like this one!

I got some cleaning done after the doggie baths and my haircut.  A couple of neglected areas look pretty good now.  And the last of the laundry is in the dryer and that's where it will stay to wait for me to remember it's there.  All the towels are clean for my weekend guests (daughter for sure and maybe granddaughter).  Christy will be finishing up the yard work.  It looks better than it has since I moved in. 

And now I'm off to bed!  I wish you all a peaceful night and a happy tomorrow! And may God bless us, every one!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

CallieOK

Jenny,  I add my sympathy and prayers for your situation.  Gentle hugs to you and Bob as you wend your way home.  I hope Michelle is better by the time you get there - and that she is able to enjoy the 4th of July celebration.

Weather gurus say it's going to be a "noisy night" - with storms arriving locally about 2:00 a.m.  Guess I'll head for bed and hope I'm not too rudely awakened.

Sleep well, Everyfriend, and have pleasant dreams.

larryhanna

Hi everyone. It is pretty early this morning but I awoke awhile ago from a 6 hour period of uninterrupted sleep and am ready for a good day. According to the weather app it is suppose to get to 89 degrees today with only a 20% chance of participation. Yesterday we did get some rain after sunset but have no idea of how much. The yard people were here and will be back finishing our neighborhood today so know they appreciate the rain holding off. 

Pat had left me a note last night to wake her at 7 am as she has an early doctor's appointment. I didn't put it on my calendar so have no idea with which doctors she will be meeting. Scott is planning on coming out again today as he has agreed to work for someone who has a special occasion planned for today. Then he is actually going to take off 5 days so he can spend time with his aunt and uncle and with us to enjoy their visit. They will be flying in tomorrow but my sister wasn't sure if they would try to get by the house until Friday as my BIL isn't well and may elect to spend today resting at the motel. Pat has arranged for the housekeeper to come back and spiff everything up (as if since last Friday we have need it but she sees things I don't. 

Once again I spend a good many hours laying in bed yesterday and getting some "cat naps" even sitting here at my desk. I did increase the Lasix back to 60 mgs by taking 20 mg more at lunch time. I also forgot to take the morphine at noon so took it with our evening meal. I know I will be getting rest when I feel the need for it. I have most of my breakfast laid out but don't want to eat it at 4 am as makes a long time before lunch.

We had a very nice dinner last night that consisted of some fruit, something involving flower and eggs and milk and was very good. OK, it was a cherry cobbler with ice cream and it was very good. Pat had some left overs she had planned as the main item in the meals but I very politely declined her kind offer of the leftover before the dessert. I guess this is one of the joy of the freedom I now have with Hospice to eat whatever and whenever I want. My grandfather always ate his dessert first as knew he would eat it even if too full. This way he really enjoyed it and didn't over eat. Of course, his dessert portions were a "little" smaller than what I enjoyed last night.

We are expecting the girls to come over and have Wednesday night dinner with us. Pat decided she didn't want to dirty up the kitchen so will have them pick up Firehouse Subs for our evening meal. I haven't had one of them for months it seems and that sure sounds good to me although probably a quarter of the sandwich will be plenty along with dessert naturally.

Lloyd, in past years there has been quite a lot of fog down by the river. However, we live up in the ridges and usually the fog isn't too bad.

Phyllis, Pat had that convection feature on her last new stove but don't think she ever found it very useful. Of course, she didn't get to use that stove very long. I just wish bisquit tasted that good to me as they look all golden brown. We also ate a lot of the Kraft mac and cheese as kids as it was a relatively inexpensive item. As far as I know it is still one of my sister's favorite meals. Pat perfers to make her own mac and cheese and it isn't made with cheese powder like the boxed item. You gave me a chuckle with your comments about "being sick and tired of mac n' cheese". What a great story and a good chuckle here at my computer. I haven't used the Instant Pot and don't expect to do so since that is Pat's thing and she is learning and liking and using it more and more. Is the Shingrix the Shingles vaccine?

Joy, your granddaughters have a lot in common with both having newborns as a part of their young families. 

Jane, at least you read your appliance books. We try to keep all of ours in one or two places depending on where the appliance is located.

Amy, I hope today will take care of your van for the summer season. 

Shirley, that hail can do such damage so quickly and there is nothing we can do but stand by and watch it and hopefully be safe under a cover. I never considered seeing my family broken up over a family squabble worth risking. That has kept me on a bit of a tight rope in terms of dealing with both sides of a broken family but it has been worth it in not losing contact with our great grandchildren. Similarly I was never willing to give up on my children. The nice thing is I get to see the pictures first and then send them on to the other members of the family. It sounds like you eat Russell Stover candies like I do M&M Chocolate covered peanuts. That bowl just insists I keep eating until it is empty. It has to be the bowl's problem! :) We are intentionally eating our evening meal after 7:30 now because I have to take medicine at bedtime and don't want to do so on an empty stomach. Those little snacks do help and now that I am losing so much weight I don't have to be worried about gaining weight. I just bet your daughter loves every tiring minute of baby sitting those grandchildren. 

It is now daylight and soon will be 7 am.  Time to eat some breakfast and be sure Pat is up.

Amy

Good morning everyone..

A beautiful morning here!! Will take the van in this morning. Not sure if they will do it then or drive me home.

Neighbour is coming over later for some rhubarb and after she gets what she need I will pick some to stew up.

Jenny, prayers for all. I know it is difficult leaving your Dad. If he has a computer would he consider Skyping with you?

Shirley, prayers for Ellie, they don't understand what is going on and it also makes it difficult on Mom and Dad watching this. Yes, I do hope all repairs are done today.

Callie, hope you did listen to an orchestra of booms and rumbles last night.

Jane, my goodness you worked up a storm.......hmm... is that the one Callie got? :) I am checking each day on the pumpkin seeds and so far so good!!

Larry, good morning to you! You're up and at'tem this morning. Sure hope you can cat nap today.

Good morning to all that follow, need to get ready for the road..

Enjoy your day everyone.

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  I'm up and attem this morning.  And that's the truth!  I have to be somewhere before I go to work at 10 today and they open at 8:30.  I've fed the doggies, had my shower and I'm dressed in my "working clothes".  I really didn't plan to be ready this early but I'll probably have time for a second cup of coffee and another outing for the doggies. 

It'll be busy today because have the tricounty area goes to the Farmers Market today nd while they're in town, they just stop by WM for a few things.  I have three lady friends (2 sisters and a cousin) who have been coming through my line every Wednesday for several years.  They do the Farmers Market, then WalMart and finish with lunch at Country Cupboard.  That's a local but very well-known restaurant and it's right near WM.  Lots of people go there for special occasions.  They have a gift shop, garden center and on site bakery attached.  These ladies always ask me if I'd like to join them for lunch.  I would but I can't!  Darn!

Wish me smiles in my line.  I wish all of you the day you want most!  Make it your own! 

Lloyd Hammond

good Morning everyone. well i am on my way to V A for exray's. we had a good one on the local news this AM. a grandma held a wood be robber at gun point until the police got there and took over. so ladies if your state requires a permit to carry get one and protect yourself. here in MO. it is not required.we can legally Cary open or concealed. I no longer do so. but I got robbed at gun point when I was hauling grocery's to fort Leniardwood. id id after that and when I got out of truck in KC MO I had it in my hand, and the crowed scattered,

Lloyd
I red one time that a robber in Florida was asked why he did not rob ones form Mo, answer was never know if they have a gun or not. we can legal carrie

Gloria

Good morning everyone, had to wait for my visit with the vampire yesterday. My son picked me up early and when we got to the lab it was packed. Was glad to get out and we went for breakfast and that was so yummy, bacon and eggs cooked just right and I didn't have to cook them, the toast was with homemade bread that the owner of the restaurant bakes.  All I wanted to do was lay down the rest of the day but CNA came-a hew one, only on the job 2 weeks, but very thoughtful. That was mu day. Wasn't that so exciting?? NOT Boy do I live a very boring life. I keep waiting for a post in ‌ here to stop posting because I am so boring. My feelings would not be hurt because I know it is true.
Of course it rained again yesterday but at least it held off till after I was home. Poured most of the afternoon. Looks like today might have a cloudy day and a chance of showers.

I read all the posts but I have to hurry and get breakfast and dress before CNA gets here.
Have a good day.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

phyllis

Good morning on a cloudy day here.  Supposed to be up in low 90's today so I am hugging the AC.  Glad I don't have to go anywhere.

Yes, Larry, Shingrix is the shingles shot.  You are required to have 2 shots 2 months apart.  Yesterday was my second one and supposedly I'll never need any more.  I hope so because it sure makes my arm sore and sort of feel blah!  I didn't want much to eat last night so just had a piece of toast and a small bowl of rice pudding that I made in the Instant Pot yesterday morning.  It was good....so far I haven't had any failures.

Jenny, I'm sorry some difficulties arose in regard to your Dad's care.  Families are so often difficult to deal with and I'm sorry that is happening to you.  I pray that no problems happen between my two sons when decisions have to be made about care for me.  As far as what happens after I'm gone, I have tried to outline everything in the will and have expressed my final wishes to both boys.  They are co-Executors so hopefully all decisions will be mutually agreeable.

Jane, I would like to get to the local Farmers Market on Sat if the feet and legs will cooperate.  I'm longing for some good fresh veggies.  We have several markets nearby but the one I hope to go to sells fresh baked artisan bread, fresh eggs, locally made cheese, meat, besides all kinds of vegetables and fruit.  The farms that supply the market MUST be within 50 miles so we are assured the food is fresh and the farmer is truly local.  There is even a man who will sharpen your kitchen knives while you shop.  My kitchen cutlery sure needs a good sharpening.

Shirley, I hope the hail storm didn't do any damage.  Not only to your vehicles but to your roof.  A hailstorm plus tons of rain from 2 hurricanes resulted in me replacing the roof a few months ago and I don't want to go through that again.  My older grandson had to have tubes put in his ears when he was little.  My son and DIL had it done at Univ. of Virginia medical center and it helped him a lot.  Ear infections are so painful for them and Sean would always spike a very high temp. which was so scary.

Must get some breakfast.  Later, all y'all. 
phyllis
Cary,NC

Joy

Good morning.

Gloria,  don't you even think about anybody telling  you not to post anything in here.  Everybody's messages are welcome.  You might think you are boring, but I am sure nobody else does. Anything anybody wants to post here is welcomed.  Most of the time,  there are not many of us that have a real exciting life.  I sure don't feel like I havean exciting life, and many times, I feel like I am just writing something that is not very interesting.

SO, Please do  not feel that way.

I am sure today will not be a very exciting day here in my little corner.  It is a kind of cloudy hazy day,  I did sleep a little better last night, but still feel sleepy. So, my non-exciting day ahead will include a nap, I am sure.

I haven't been up long enough for anything interesting to write.

Will check back in later.  Meanwhile, try to enjoy the day, whatever you do.

Joy
BIG BOX

Amy

Gloria, I for one love reading your posts and do not find them boring!! Sounds like you have a nice CNA, what all are they allowed to do? Don't you just love having breakfast out and bonus that it is perfect and you had the best company too!

My van is almost done....needs to go in tomorrow for the part that didn't come today. :tickedoff:   I shall be glad when all is done..
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

I came home very tired, read all the posts and then took a nap.

GLORIA, no way can you leave us.  If anyone says your posts are boring, they'll have to say mine are too.  Sometimes, I reread what I wrote and I wonder why anyone would want to read THAT.  But I think it's only boring to those of us who write it.  And that's because we already know that stuff.  The rest of them don't know it until they read it.  Does anyone understand that?  I think it sounds a little bit like Deputy Fife on the old Andy Griffith show when he tried to explain something.

So far, it's rained every day this week and tomorrow is promising more of the same.  The only good thing about that is that I don't have to water all the plantings. 

I thnk I'll go back in the living room and watch a little TV through my eyelids until the doggies decide to go out again!  I believe I overdid it yesterday and I have some sore spots today.  I've got to save some energy for the weekend because my daughter the gardener is coming and I have to do my share.

I hope Jenny and Bob are home safely and I hope Michele is feeling better after her ordeal.  My prayers are for all of them.

AMY, I hope your van is soon complete.  Seems like you've been at it for a while.  I hope Kyle's arm is feeling better, too.

I'm off to loaf!  Wish me luck!

Amy

Good morning everyone..

Cloudy with a little rain this morning, nice way to get the garden and flowers watered :)

Off to the chiropractors this morning then to the garage to get the van done and an oil change...I hope!!

Just marking my spot for later.

Enjoy your day everyone..
Jimmy Dean

Shirley

Gloria, we all do the "same ole-same ole" in our daily lives but still enjoy reading what the others are thinking, right?  At this stage most of MY posts are about what goes wrong but I report in anyway, a comfort to get a few comments of sympathy or understanding.... even if I know the eyes are rolling with "how dumb was that???"

Jane, I will match you for aches & pains this morning. I really over did yesterday. Have been cleaning out & re-arranging stuff in the RV & to be honest, did not take out the Missorui-extra electric stuff like I planned. Instead I put some of the stuff in an outside storage & still had room to put in the youngest's canopy. He brought the canopy by last night & checked the roof of the RV... had a big crack in the outer dome over the shower so he duck-taped it until I can get another ordered in. Hope it doesn't leak since it would not come through at that spot but would travel around the inside dome & leak through any spot it could find. Replaced it once, ordered through where I bought the RV & they ordered the wrong size first time so when I had to reorder, I just had #1 son install. This unit is so tall it will catch any low hanging tree limbs & have two trees in my own neighborhood that I keep a warning sign on the steering wheel to watch out for. Have to drive down the middle of the street to avoid. Not sure if hail did the deed this time, but with deductible, I pay, so no claim. Anyway, he forgot to mention any other hail damage if he noticed any.

Andy came by to pick up his camper last night. My garage is sort of full with the Yamaha cycle & now the e-bike between my car & his camper... and my mountain bike still on the other side of my car. So far I have not been on that bike but a couple times this spring. Don't know where the time goes~~ Not sure when Andy plans to leave, his wife wanted new granite counter tops & back splashes put in all 3 bathrooms so he had to do all the prep work to be ready for the granite people to install... they just got back a few days ago from a week in Branson, MO where they had a 3 bedroom "time-share" so took their grands & parents came later. His time off only comes when out camping by himself. He will pack & go when ever he can, hopes to find a spot in a BLM campground that is "first come" only. I'm pretty sure Bobbi stayed in it one time. Not as high as where we have reservations, but think he is a little concerned with a new heart valve this time, so taking altitude changes slower. We never quit worrying about our kids, do we?

Hope Jenn & Bob got home okay. I knew there were delays in flights earlier in the week... some nasty weather that dominoes down the lines. I didn't hear from the lawn guy so guess tomorrow will be mow-day. He usually calls the night before so I can have gates unlocked. The one side of front yard is covered with leaves from the sweet gum tree... & the tree is still so thick you can't miss what was lost. I had to wait for them to dry on the sidewalk so I could sweep, such a mess! I expect they will clog up the grass catchers so more trouble for them.

I've been up for more than an hour so better fix my breakfast & get busy, only had 3 hours & 16 min sleep last night so will need a nap. Got 2 doors wide open (screens), going to be hot for a while. YUCK! The flower seeds I planted a few days ago has not had a chance to come up, one friend said the flowers she planted got shredded with that hail. We live across town & her side got bigger hail than we did (news reports). Wishing all a beautiful day.

Good morning, Amy, wondered where you were. Good luck with your day.

phyllis

Gloria, I'll add my two cents....friends are never boring.  I am always interested in what you have to say even if it just tells me that you are still with us.

It's Thurs. so it must be grocery shopping day.  I haven't even made a list yet.  I'd like to get it done early because we are supposed to have severe weather with high winds and rain this afternoon. I want to be home when that happens.

Take care, Everyone.
phyllis
Cary,NC

larryhanna

Hi everyone. It is going to be another hot day here in South Carolina getting up to around 93 with some chance for rain, although less than 50%. I am expecting this to be an exciting and busy day. The aid will be here around 10 am to help me with a shower.

Scott has taken 5 days off of work so he can spend time with my sister and BIL and with us. He sent me a text saying he has turned off the phone portion of his smart phone so he can't be reached by his work. This will be the first 5 days I can remember him taking for a very long time as he usually loses his vacation time. He and Elizabeth are planning to come out this morning and work on a few more things, including seeing if they can get my TV hooked up for Bluetooth so that I can use earphones with it. He thinks he has what is needed but he will have to take the TV off the wall bracket for a minute to hook things up and so Elizabeth will be here to hold it. Scott has an old dishwasher that has now shorted out the electronics so he is shopping for a new basic one and has found a good deal and we are going to have the pleasure of giving it to him as a gift. 

I had Elizabeth take out the mat in front of my computer and it is on the street for the garbage truck later this morning. I expect others of you know what I am talking about these soft mats where the wheels sink into it and then your chair doesn't want to move. I checked into the new glass desk mats and they look great but they are extremely expensive. I had some places to check on the web to see about getting something basic that is solid so the wheels on my chair can move easily. Yesterday I ordered another type chair cushion that is suppose to be very good at preventing or dealing with bed sores. I have lost so much weight that I am concerned about getting a bed sore and want to be preventive rather than treat after one occurs. 

Last night the girls surprised us with a homemade German Chocolate cake that Elizabeth made. It has been several years since I have had German Chocolate cake and it sure tasted good. They had picked up sandwiches for our dinner so that made a nice meal. I even forgo my normal fudge bar.

Amy, does the rhubarb grow into large patches very quickly. I remember that it did in Missouri and it was always fund to pick off one of those large stems and pretend it was an umbrella. I get up all times of the night and work a bit on the computer and then get tired and lay back down and sleep some more and then repeat the process. I just emptied the dishwasher for Pat and realize that is something that I really no longer the energy to do. It did dawn on me yesterday that I had gone a day or more without the center chest pain I had been having with exertion. It seems things change almost daily in how I am feeling. I have increased the Lasix and it looks like it may well stay at the higher dosage as the reduced one allowed a lot of fluid to accumulate again in my legs and feet. I am beginning to look like the Pillsbury Dough Boy. I have never experienced just sitting here at the computer and waking up realizing I have been sleeping. It seems they have really been able to string out your van repairs but hopefully today that can become just an unpleasant memory. I am sure the garage isn't happy about telling customers there has been a problem with wrong parts, etc.

Jane, it must be fun to see some of the same people in your line weekly. I would often sit on the bench in the entry way at Walmart while Pat shopped and visited with the greeter. Smiles are good any day and I hope you got a lot of them yesterday in your lines and at the markets. Jane, you are right we may find our posting boring but in reality each day has something unique about it if it only something simple. I am finding I am doing a lot of remembering. Yesterday I got a nice letter from someone I went to highschool with, she was a year ahead, and she had found a picture of our 4-H group and I was standing at a card table in our home giving a demo of cooking something. What was nice on the back the young people were identified. I also had a nice communication with the daughter of the minister we had at our small church all the time I was growing up and we were about the same age. In our early adult years we would get together and play some games. 

Lloyd, I have always thought that any person should be able to protect their own homes but now if you shoot someone trying to get into your house you are often the one to go to jail and the person trying to harm you then gets to sue you as well. What insanity!!

Gloria, do you get to take a number at the lab and have a good place to sit and wait for your number to be called. Kaiser had a good system and there was a big display that showed where you were in line. Glad you could enjoy your breakfast. I am finding I can be pretty active in the morning but the afternoons are for rest and listening to music. I sure don't mind not having an exciting day. You are not boring—no way. Remember it isn't really what we say as the fact we are here to say something and see our friendships grow day-by-day as they have done over the years. I just wish we could be welcoming more folks to join us.

Phyllis, I thought I recognized that as the shingle shots. Fortunately both Pat and I got those finished before the end of last year. I hope your sons only consider what is best for you. Pat has always been a joint owner with me of everything and now I want Scott to be on all of the accounts. We will be investing in CD's with the proceeds from the savings bonds I have now cashed and I told Pat and Scott I saw no reason for my name to be on the papers as it would mean I have to make another trip to the credit union. Like you I have worked extensively in documenting what will be required when I am no longer on the scene and I now have decided to present it as a series of attachments rather than a run on document. Right now I am well into getting all of the passwords we use on things working the same for Pat as for me.

Joy, I do feel that I am on an exciting path with the Hospice program. I have never been so free and without real responsibilities and told to do whatever it is I feel like doing. 

Shirley, you are an unique person and I have never known one with such a zest for life and living it to the fullest. I still chuckle every time I think of you speeding up the mountain and getting stopped for speeding. You sure can never qualify as the "little old lady from Pasadena. Did anyone see the news article last evening on CBS of the little lady over 100 years old racing in the Senior Games. Your new little bicycle is just another example of what a unique person you are. Sure glad to see your son has the concern about that heart valve problem.

Mary Ann

I laugh about "boring" posts.  I don't do much around here, then if I post anything, I make a long post about that nothing!  As someone said, it is always nice to hear what others are doing, even if it's twiddling thumbs.

We had a little rain overnight and I hope it does not continue.  Radar says we are in for more. 

Yesterday Tom and I went to my retiree luncheon.  Tom doesn't sit with us but he is my transportation.  His cousin met him so he had company; often he does not.  There were six of us women, five retirees and the daughter of one.  We always have a good gabfest. 

In the afternoon, a friend of Tom's came to clean for us.  She does a good job but she doesn't always put things back in place.  I've found a clock facing away from me, kind of where she put it to clean then left it there.  It's easy for me to put back and she does a very thorough job. 

When Tom's friend left, Tom returned with another friend, this time to work on her computer and show her how to get what she wants on the computer.  Tom is a good teacher. 

Phyllis, we have gone to ordering online, then Tom picks up the groceries later.  I know people are concerned about produce, the I have been happy with what we have received.  It is a great time saver.

Mary Ann

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  The dogs got me up BEFORE the crack of dawn today and were very insistent that they had to go out.  They were right!  I tried to go back to bed but I had in my mind that I needed to make dog food before I could feed them so sleep avoided me.

This morning is bed changing day and I better get started!  I'm not sure what else will have to be done today but I'm sure something will show its need.

Something did show it's need!  The rest of the laundry poked it's ugly head out of the hamper and now it's all lying in the hall sorted and waiting it's turn at the washer/dryer!

Now, Gloria, I ask you, is all that stuff not boring?  It is!  But you're all stuck with it because I'm not leaving!  I hope you all have a lovely day....not too boring but not too exciting either.  We don't need THAT!

MARY ANN, my granddaughter is one of those WM shoppers and she tells me that in their store, they won't let the young men near the produce.  They just plain don't know how to pick out the good stuff. 

Joy

Good morning to all the early posters.

I am just marking my place here this morning. I just wrote a long message in the Bait and Tackle board, and messed it up. Got frustrated trying to fix it, and just gave up.

So, I am just wishing you all a pleasant day, for now.

Will check back in later.

Joy
BIG BOX

Gloria

Good morning everyone, guess what? it is raining AGAIN. We broke records for the wettest May and wonder if another will be broken for this June. About now I wish I was living where my daughter is, nice and dry. Anyone with arthritis will know what I mean. My back is one big pain. Should not complain, at least with my rollator I can still get around but it is not easy. With my CNA on vacation I do not get one here every day and I sure miss the back massage.

PHYLLIS  glad I got out for the vampire visit Tuesday morning, at least it wasn't raining then. I only got 1 shingles shot, never was told there would be a second.

JOY  I don't get out except for doctor appointments-boring-holiday meals at my son's or grandson's. No happy times here with the witch. Latest here is they cut down all the beautiful trees in the back of the building-that made a lot of noise. Some were very tall and big around, shook the building when they fell. The have already cleared and put new loam down and seeded it. Those in the back apartments will have more light in their windows now. Wonder if the wild life will still be seen walking through those trees, deer used to be seen often and wild turkeys, too, then all the birds in the trees.

AMY  I love going out for breakfast better than any other time. Being with one of my family is always great. The regular CNA I have will do anything I need even if it is not on the job description. With her not coming back till July 1st I get different ones and have to tell them everything I need, breaking them in for my needs all the time. Did not have one yesterday and sure missed my back massage. You will be happy when your van is finished.

JANE  I see that old Andy Griffith show some evenings on ME TV. Barney could sure mess things up couldn't he? Looks like we are both in rain this month. I long for warm dry days. With as busy as you are all the time I cannot picture you loafing. Now loafing is what I do best anymore.

SHIRLEY  you keep busy all the time and I just sit most of the time. I was always active and now it is impossible. Makes me feel like I am lazy.

JANE  no intention of leaving but some days I just cannot think of anything to say.

2½ hours later. Had a CNA show up while I was posting. Last time I talked to the lady in charge of them I told her some days I don't wake up till 8:30 to 9:30 and not ready for anyone till 11 the earliest. Here was one at 9am. I was still in nighty and robe and having my coffee. In a way I am glad she was here so my laundry got done. When she went down to the laundry room I hurried to get dressed. i am not good with doing anything fast anymore.

JOY  I never check the B&T or  photos anymore. I seldom get to the PSP folder either and I feel bad about that. I just cannot do the graphics anymore and feel like I deserted Bubble as she is the only one posting there most of the time, Patricia does when she feels up to it.

Have a good day.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Mary Ann

I'll just tell you that Joy did not mess up her post in Norm's B&T.  Part is blue and part is black, but both are very readable.  I have had the same problem with a post occasionally but it all comes out in the rain - which we are having some of!

Mary Ann

CallieOK

Good Afternoon,

How long has it been since I could write  "It's a beautiful day in (this) neighborhood"  :walkwhistle:  No rain, no wind, not terribly hot....(hush, Callie, before you jinx it!  :-X )

Have I mentioned that the vacuum cleaner spit dirt on the carpet and quit the last time the housekeeper was here?  After the microwave issue, I was afraid I'd have to buy a new vacuum, too.
Took it to the shop this morning and the very nice man said it probably just needs a good cleaning which will cost $35.00!  I can handle that!!!

I don't post details of my daily doings or locations because I'm pretty sure that, although only those who are registered can post,  The Public (meaning anyone anywhere) can read what we write even if they're not registered. I will - and have - use Messaging for personal sharing, particularly emotional issues.

Not a lot going on this week to talk about, anyway.  Should probably find something useful to do but I'll probably spend a "leisurely" afternoon reading and snoozing.

Wishing Everyfriend Everywhere an Enjoyable Day. 

Lloyd Hammond

Larry if i have to go far enough to shoot someone . they wont to be able to sue Me. and in mo they no longer have to be breaking in to the house. just threatening one self. and if it gets that serious they wont be in shape to deny it. case settled. I still am a lover not a fighter un less I have to.
but I was robbed at gun point once, it was a little pearrel handled 32 but before she left with my money it looked like a 105 haletsor. sun is out I better get out and mow the yard. see you all Later.

Lloyd

Denver

HELLO from Colorado.....

We made it home safe and sound yesterday evening.  We arrived home to a very noisy kitty, letting us know he missed us and was very glad to have us home.  We unloaded the suitcase, did a few other things to get ready and were in bed by 9PM.  The flight was a easy one and it was sure good to get in our car and head home.  Not sure why we were so tired, but we both were. It was VERY hard to leave my Dad.....once again, I thank all of you my dear supportive friends for your kind words of support and understanding. 

AMY, I gave my Dad a iPad a couple of years ago and he is able to check email and see pictures that I send him and the like, but he has a bit of a problem doing Face Time, but he can with some guidance from us.  Bob is able to talk him through a lot of things....it just take time and a LOT of patience, but eventually he can move about on the device.  Sadly he is getting more and more confused, but we just try to take time and get him through, so the answer is yes, I can talk to him on the telephone every day, and FTime some. 

We must get out and get some groceries, so I must run.

Have a good afternoon EVERYFRIEND. 

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Amy

Jenny, welcome home. Leaving your Dad must have been  difficult but thankfully you still have the phone to chat with him.

I did get the vehicle back,A?C is working, oil change done and the oil light came back on just as he was bringing the vehicle to me. :(  Oh well 2 outta 3 ain't bad. Will take it back in on Mon as tomorrow we have to leave here around 6 am to the city. Babe is having a "spa" day...bath hair cut and nails done....if she lets them :))

Calle, I agree with you on putting info on here.love the computer but it scares the daylights outta me on what can and does happen.

Joy, I have the 2 lb Deluxe bread maker. Kyle bought it for me about 20 years ago and it is still going strong. If you don't eat a lot of bread or eat it up quick  you can make Bun's of Bread. Instead of one loaf  put three balls of dough in the pan , let rise, bake . Then take a bun off and use it while putting the other two in the fridge or freezer. This shows 2 but I do 3. I also let the machine do the work,then take dough out ,shape and put it in a bread pan.
Just to show you what I mean.
https://www.rockrecipes.com/newfoundland-raisin-bread/

Jimmy Dean

so_P_bubble

Oh Yummy raisin bread!  I love it! It is also a specialty in Belgium where it is called Cramique. I miss it here :(

Amy

Saying a quick good morning to everyone..

Over cast here which is fine  much easier on eyes and cooler for the dogs.

Enjoy your day everyone..
Jimmy Dean