Random Image

Cuddling

Owner: Beverly
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:43:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for May 1st, 2018

Started by so_P_bubble, May 01, 2018, 01:32:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JaneS

Well, I don't know if I'm dumb or the camera's are too smart.  They've all sent photos to my email and I've tried twice to forward one to Bubble to post for me but it only goes as far as my "sent" box.  And then I keep getting a box that wants to know what I want to do about the mail in my "sent" box.  How the heck do I know what I want to do with it.  I don't know how the heck it got there in the first place.  And, of course, none of the people who sent them are here to bail me out. 

So I guess you won't be seeing any pictures of Emma. DRAT!  Now I'm going to go do something physical to get over my MAD!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Sandy

So as Willie says: 

Crazy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnYEQbEHNZE

Old Willie wrote a lot of songs,  some like this one
were sung and made famous by Patsy Cline

Crazy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbnrdCS57d0

:wave2:
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

Mary Ann

Carol, I have unique transportation to Indianapolis - Friday my nephew Tom and I will drive to Merrillville IN where we will meet my cousin's son Tom.  We will have lunch - my treat - and my things will be transferred to the IN Tom's car and Tom Tock will head back home.  Monday Cousin Tom and I will head for Merrillville IN again where we will meet Nephew Tom, have lunch - also on me - the two Toms will switch my belongings from one car to the other, Cousin Tom will head south and Tom Tock and I will head for home.  We've done it this way for a few years now, ever since I decided I did not want to drive or fly to Indps.  Including lunches, each trip is about six hours, but the lunch is a break so it isn't a constant six hour drive.  I used to drive to Jim's in about 5 1/2 hours and I made one stop at the intersection of US12 and US131 near the MI/IN state line. 

More than you wanted to know!  Ha!

Mary Ann

Shirley

Oh, Jane, I'm so glad you realized we are ALL strange (in our own way).... I really wasn't hinting for approval, honestly I have reached the age/stage that I am comfortable with just being me... as someone said, "warts & all".  Cas was so reserved I did kept ME under control all those years & for the rest of my years I'm going to just enjoy each day. 

Not sure if it will help, but when I get photos from others I usually have to download them from my mail & send instead of forward.  I don't know how to do it on the phone.  Right now I have a ton of photos taked this week that everyone sent to my phone & getting them to my computer is really out of my ability with a tracfone.  I tried to convince them to send to my e-mail but nobody llistened. They are on my e-mail ON THE PHONE. 

Just talked to my daughter & her daughter that brought the 6 month old last week was diagnosed with shingles today.  She is on that awful crohn's medicine that shuts down her imune system & guess the baby got shots/vaccination for chicken pox & ...bad news, mama got the other version of "the pox".  Not supposed to happen, but it did.

Larry, my husband got a degree to teach industrial arts & math from Mo.State Teacher's  College (different name now) in Warrensburg, MO....  I could not imagine him being a teacher, no patience at all ... he even sent the Principal's son to the office his first day of student teaching.  Made such a gasp with all concerned that he was offered job after job from schools that "needed a tough teacher for troubled kids".  Thank goodness he had an offer with an oil/gas company to start in as a draftsman & a whole different world.  It takes a special type person to be a good teacher, more now that 50 years ago.  As calm and accepting as you seem to be, I think you would have been a great teacher.

Sandy, I happened to see that one of Willy  not long ago, sure changed his looks, didn't he?  The friend I used to camp with in CO bought his house "up in the canyon" outside of Denver. It was on about 20 acres.   They kept buying houses that needed TLC to give her something to do...  It was completely restored by the time I saw it, she said it had been "partied in hard and neglected" so they probably did okay.  They were having to have the hillside of pines sprayed because CO was being hit hard by that pine bug.  Guess it was about 1975 when I saw it, not too long after that Crazy came out....  My friend died after years with Alzheimer's. 

Mary Ann, so glad you have found a way to visit family you love and I do the same, find a way to pay when anyone does something special for me.  Enjoy your visit and I'll bet it really won't be the last.  I've said that about my trips to the mountains the last few years & always  ..ONE MORE TIME.

Oh, my, it's getting dark & I still have to go to the store.  Don't like to drive after dark...

June Drabek

Janie, how happy it makes me to see you posts popping up again. There must be someone here that can help you out with the picture sharing….don't give up. Go to photos and enquire.I want to see that baby girl too !!!!!

Amy I was so curious when someone had posted about the call of the the Loons, I found it on the computer and there is so much loveliness in their "song", but it strikes me as Loneliness too.

Phyllis…I'll bet a search on the computer would find information on pruning branches safely. I think it would suggest two various cuts to get the branch to fall just right.

Or here is our Tisie who has done just about everything I can think of. You
"Go" Girl"

As long as we are here, let's dance.

Carolyn

Thought I better call in and let you know I haven't forgotten you. Lots been going on. Nicky my eldest has been very unwell. She has an auto immune disease which has forced her into part time work.

I've been miserable with my neck problems. An old injury from a car accident has come home to roost. Arthritis. Pain almost constantly.

Then two weeks ago I got a call to say Nikolas my grandson aged 18 had been involved in a serious car accident. He was hit at 5.30pm head on by a 20 year old driver who had strayed over the centre line. Apparently he fell asleep at the wheel. It was school holidays and Nik was driving one of his dad's Company work vans. He'd just dropped off another employee and taken the turn onto Highway 22 when it happened. He was trapped in the van in a critical condition. The emergency services had to cut him out. Lift him through the roof.

He was rushed to our foremost hospital for orthopaedic surgery. He was  stabilised then they did MRIs. He had a broken pelvis both sides. A badly fractured femur, a broken foot. Concussion. Cuts over his arms and head. No facial injuries. They operated on him approx 15 hours after the accident. It is truly a miracle he survived. The vehicle he was driving is just a mass of crushed metal. He had an angel on his shoulder.

He is already home in a wheelchair. Main thing they have to watch for is infection. He's had a rod put right through the bone marrow of his thigh. I saw him on Saturday. He is thin and very pale. The head injury makes him very tired. A nurse is visiting. Luckily they have walk in showers etc at home. He has been given special equipment for the shower and toilet. The pelvis they leave alone to heal naturally. He won't start intensive rehab until the pelvis heals properly.

We are just so thankful he was spared. We could have lost him.

Haven't read all the posts here yet so will comment on another post.

Carolyn

Mary Ann

Carolyn, I'm so sorry to hear of all the bad things happening to you and your family.  My nephew's widow had a similar accident with their van, broke her pelvis, had a chest injury where she hit the steering wheel and I don't remember what else.  She was in the hospital for a week or so, then went home and after about six weeks could return to work.  I hope your grandson recovers as rapidly as my nephew's widow; I know it is hard on everyone. 

Mary Ann

Amy

Good morning everyone.

I thought I had posted yesterday???
Good news from the test all is well for another 6 months. The weather has been so nice that everyone is thoroughly enjoying it. Took my vehicle in to the body shop as I have a piece of moulding that is lose and they will fix it for me.

Today we need to go to the feed mill for dog food and I need to bag up more pine needles. Just general work about the house.

Phyliss, this was a small tree that a sew and axe and a good push knocked it over. I sold my Pioneer chainsaw many years ago. The kids and I would take off to the back fields and cut trees down then cut them up for firewood. I enjoyed the work .

June it is a lonely call, a haunting one too. I love it at night when two loons are calling back and forth across the lakes. Enjoy seeing them swimming on the lake with their babies on their back.

Carolyn, I wish a speedy recovery for your grandson. and hope you feel better too! That happened to my son, he was stopped behind a vehicle that was turning ,it turned in front of a on coming vehicle which crashed into my son.He ended up with a broken leg and minor injuries.

MaryAnn, I laughed at all the Toms!!Enjoy your trip.

Jane, glad you are home safe and sound with a heart full of memories. Hope you figure out how to post the photos.

Gloria, I am enjoying these warmer mornings also, but did put a wee fire on just to take the chill out. We won't need one for the rest of the day.

Larry, waking up that early makes a day long. Hope you could grab some cat naps.

Made a strawberry rhubarb crisp and put some in the hidey hold for you.

Enjoy your day everyone.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

Good morning Everyfriend!  I'll be off to WM this morning to see is anyone missed me while I was gone.  Then I have to stop by my church and pick up some things that I need to work on for the youth awards ceremony later this month. 

Working on the awards is the only thing on my agenda other than work today unless I try sending a photo to Bubble again today.  I'm trying to decide if I want to frustrate myself further with that.  I'll let you know later.

Carolyn, it's nice to see you again but I wish you had returned with better news.  I'll keep your family in my prayers.

I slept well in my own bed last night.  I wonder why it always feels so good to come home?

Enjoy your day, my Friends!

Gloria

Good morning everyone. Think I was in bed before the chickens last night and awake before the rooster this morning. 44°. Had a different CNA yesterday. She was very nice. Some don't seem to want to do anything but this one couldn't do enough. Not a big talker either. The fog here burned off fast here yesterday but along the other end of the state it lasted till noon time. On the local news just now the showed the south shore again and it is a thick fog again. 0 visability in Newport. Clear here.

LARRY  Elizabeth sounds like a very busy young lady and not afraid ot work. That is a treasure these days.

JOY  I am with you about all Shirley does. Even on my good days I would never have been able to keep up with her.

JUNE  woke this morning with birds chirping. Been a long time since I heard them here.

JANE  know what you mean about never seeing family again. I fel t that  way when my daughter got married and left for San Diego. Then every time I went there when I left there and had all I could do not to start crying. After more than 40 years I am glad for all the times we have been together and thank God for Skype and our daily visits on it. She sent me pictures of my granndsons often and I have so many of them now. I look at them often.

CALLIE  one of the tenants jung a humming bird feeder off the front porch but have not seem them yet. Maint enance man's wife used to hang one there but no longer does. Love watching them.

CAROL  looks like that last meeting with the church ladies is a fun time.

MARY ANN  glad you can still make that trip.

SHIRLEY  I often wished I could get into mountains. Highest place here is only Jerimoth Hill 812 feet and is on private property and you have to get perission to cross their land to go there.

CAROLYN  prayers for your grandson and a full recovery.

AMY  darn I am too late for your strawberry rhubarb crisp. I do like rhubarb and used to make a pie with it, nice and tart.

Have a good day.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Gloria

Tomorrow is not promised
Author Unknown

Sometimes people come into your life and you know right away that they were meant to be there, they serve some sort of purpose, teach you a lesson or help figure out who you are and who you want to become.

You never know who these people may be: your neighbor, child, long lost friend, lover, or even a complete stranger who, when you lock eyes with them, you know at that very moment that they will affect your life in some profound way.

And sometimes things happen to you and at the time they seem painful and unfair, but in reflection you realize that without overcoming those obstacles you would have never realized your potential strength, will power, or heart.

Everything happens for a reason. Nothing happens by chance or by means of good or bad luck. Illness, injury, love, lost moments of true greatness and sheer stupidity all occur to test the limits of your soul.

Without these small tests, whether they be events, illnesses or relationships, life would be like a smoothly paved straight flat road to nowhere, safe and comfortable, but dull and utterly pointless.

The people you meet who affect your life and the successes and downfalls you experience create who you are, and even the bad experiences can be learned from, In fact, they are probably the poignant and important ones.

If someone hurts you, betrays you or breaks your heart, forgive them, for they have helped you learn about trust and the importance of being cautious to whom you open your heart...

If someone loves you, love them back unconditionally, not only because they love you, but because they are teaching you to love and opening your heart and eyes to things you would have never seen or felt without them.

Make every day count. Appreciate every moment and take from it everything that you possibly can, for you may never be able to experience it again...

Talk to people you have never talked to before, and actually listen, let yourself fall in love, break free and set your sights high...

Hold your head up because you have every right too. Tell yourself you are a great individual and believe in yourself... for if you don't believe in yourself, no one else will believe in you either. You can make of your life anything you wish.

Create your own life and then go out and live in it! "Live Each Day As If It Were Your Last...Tomorrow is Not Promised".

Joy

Good morning on this beautiful sunny morning.  Supposed to be a nice warm day.....  warm enough to go down and sit outside for a while.  I did sit out a little while yesterday,  but it was chilly when the sun went in.

Ha !  Ha!  Ha!  Jane ! I loved what you wrote about us all.   Yes, sometimes I think the whole world is crazy. !  That really make me laugh.  So happy that you had such a nice visit with your family and got to spend time with little Emma.  You will eventually figure out how to get the pictures in here.

Sandy, thanks for the links for the song "Crazy".  That was always a favorite of mine.  Loved Patsy Cline.  And Willie sure was a good-looking guy when he was young.  Hard living can really  change a person.   Still love him, tho.  He is a real legend regardless of his lifestyle.  And, Patsy was gone way to soon.

Carolyn, so sorry to hear about your grandson.  Sure hope he has a quick recovery period.  I guess he feels very fortunate because that serious an accident could have been a lot worse.  He is young and I am sure will do well with his therapy.

Good morning to all the early morning friends. 

Have a wonderful Wednesday.

Joy

BIG BOX

larryhanna

Hi Everyone. It looks like it well be another nice day here in the mid-80's.  Pat has a doctor's appointment this morning and then we are going to pick up Elizabeth to come out to do some more projects for us.  I picked up the paint and brushes yesterday for the porch columns.  Then we she will install the two remaining slide out shelves we have for our bathroom.  There are several other things we will ask her help with as well.  It was such a relief yesterday to get my toenails trimmed and my toes no longer hurt. This evening is our Wednesday night dinner and then visit with Scott.

June, no cold showers for me.  In fact I want the water to warm up before stepping into the shower. 

Jane, glad you are safely home and hope you have a day or so to rest before having to greet your customers again.  I see you are back behind your counter today. Have you thought about using Skype or one of the other computer video calling apps so you can see Emma and she can see you.  It is the next best thing to being in the room with someone.  You make a good observations about us all having our unique characteristics.  That is another good example of why we each bring our own personalities and "strangeness" here because we are each unique.  That was very considerate of Bridget to leave you something in your fridge for your meal.  Were your dogs happy to see you?  If your email is in the sent box it would appear that it was sent and now the program is asking whether you want to delete it or do something else with it.  On Gmail they just stay in the sent folder until I go in and delete them.  I did this a few days ago and cleaned out a lot of folders.  Since I have very few occasions to refer back to most of the emails or other things I have saved I deleted about 10,000 files the other day.  I plan on just keeping things for no more than a year. 

Sandy, I don't think I knew that Willie Nelson wrote that song for Patsy Cline. 

Shirley, I learned early on in our marriage that I wasn't going to chance Pat and shouldn't try.  I have always wanted her to do whatever she wanted to try and tried to be supportive.  Forward those emails on your phone to yourself and you should be able to open in your computer and save the pictures.  So sorry to hear of granddaughter having to endure the shingles and trying to take care of a 6-month old.  I probably wouldn't have done well in the classroom as am too soft hearted.  My brother-in-law taught math at the high school level for about 40 years.  I don't think he had any trouble with discipline as he was a Marine.

Mary Ann, your trip will be here before you know it. 

Callie, your area has had enough storms for awhile.  It sounds like you have a nice balance in your life. 

Carol, I accuse Pat of just going and chatting when she is able to attend the craft group.  I think the actual work is done by the ladies at home.  Those brownies sound good.

Carolyn, always good to hear from you.  It sounds like life is dealing you and several of your family a rough time with pain.  That was a terrible accident and so glad your grandson survived.

Amy, sure glad your hubby had good news from his test.  I can't say I ever enjoyed working with firework when I was growing up.  I remember the cold cast iron heating stove and how hot it could get.  In my later teen years we heated with oil and then with propane as no natural gas lines in the country where I lived.  I was able to sleep until about 4:30 this morning and then just rested until about 6 when I got up and started my day.   

Gloria, the Internet has certainly been a big help in terms of staying in close contact with family members when we aren't able to visit with them physically.  I think our elevation here is just a little less than 400 feet. 

Joy, hope you get to sit outside today and enjoy the beautiful weather.  In a day or so we are going to be in the 90's for an early taste of summer. 

June Drabek

Dearest Carolyn,
   My eyes are filled, feeling the many griefs that have come upon you recently. I pray all of you will recover and continue on with new hopes chasing out the griefs.

I'm just back from my son's Bible class.He is a good teacher, and very well liked. I asked several questions as he spoke and he thanked me later.  So I guess it was O.K. to interrupt.

Now it is time to go down for lunch, and all I want to do is go take a long nap. I woke at three a.m. and never did go back into a real sleep…..so    you know how   my
afternoon will be spent…..zzzzzzzzzzz

Weather is perfect.76/58

Hope our Lloyd is healing O.K.

JaneS

I'm off to Dreamland.  I don't know what's happening with my email.  I don't seem to be receiving any.  I'm going to try sending one and see what happens.  I've never before gone 7 hours without receiving something.  Tomorrow's another day.

Good night Everyfriend!  Sleep peacefully and wake to a happy tomorrow.

Amy

Good morning everyone.

Nice gentle rain this morning and we could get t storms..which I think is close by judging by the actions of one dog.

Got a lot of lose ends tied up yesterday plus a cat nap too! I am not sure what is happening today, I can work about the house but we will see what hubby would like to do.

Going to make this short as I don't want to lose my post if we lose power.

Enjoy your day everyone..
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Gloria

Good morning everyone, a little fog again but should clear soon. My back is really acting up this morning so will make this short. Even hurts sitting here so most likely will spend the day on the couch watching TV.
Have a good day.

Gloria

Trouble

If Jesus were to do His same ministry on earth today, He would be in trouble with:

the FDA for turning water into wine without a license,

the EPA for killing fig trees,

the AMA for practicing medicine without a license,

the Dept. of Health for asking people to open graves, for raising

the dead and for feeding 5,000 people in the wilderness,

the NEA for teaching without a certificate,

OSHA for walking on water without a life-jacket and for flying without an airplane,

the SPCA for driving hogs into the sea, and
the National Board of Psychiatrists for giving advice on how to live a guilt-free life.

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  This is my resting day.  Aside from picking up a couple things at the grocery store and picking up Kiran after school, I have no plans.  This is my "resting" day!

All the talk about autograph books reminded me that I do still have mine from my pre-teen/teen years.  I probably can't lay my hands on it right now but I do remember on that comes to mind whenever I think of autographs or Girl Scout Camp.

As foreground, my GS Camp was named IOKA and when I was a Program Aide we had a handy boy (someone to do chores and keep things going) that all the teenage girls had a crush on...me included.  His name was Mickey.  And one day, I took my courage in hand and asked him to write in my autograph book.  He did and this is what he wrote...

"May your moccasins make tracks on the paths of IOKA for many moons" and he signed it "Love, Mickey"  I was the envy of all the girls who didn't ask him to write in their books.

We're supposed to have rain all day beginning about 10 a.m.  Enjoy your day whatever you make of it.

larryhanna

Hi Everyone. We are to have a sunny day getting into the low 90's this afternoon.  I guess summer is here.  Yesterday was a very busy day.  While Pat was at the doctor's office I made a quick trip to Aldi's.  Her appointment took quite awhile.  Around noon we picked Elizabeth up and she came out and had lunch with us and then went to work and painted the three columns on our front porch, put the bug spray barrier around the outside of the house and did a couple other errands.  I took her home around 3 pm and then at 5 we went back to the Church for dinner.  It was just Pat and I at dinner last evening.  This morning I will pick up my friend and we will go to coffee.  I have to get some money at the ATM and want to stop at the Dollar Tree after I have taken him home to pick up some sunglasses and toothbrushes to donate for our mission team that will head to Bolivia early in June.

June, glad you were up to attending your son's Bible class.  I think most Bible teachers welcome questions.  I remember just one Minister who conducted a Wednesday Bible Study who seemed to prefer just to lecture and not have the group raise questions and that may not be an accurate assessment but was my experience. 

Jane, hope you got your email straightened out.  It is nice we can send an email to ourselves to check things out. Glad you will be able to have a restful day today.  Enjoy your time with Kiran. 

Amy, pets seem to sense the approach of rain or other bad weather.  Hope you don't lose power today. 

Gloria, sorry that you are feeling worse with your back this morning.  That is not a good way to start the day.  Do you ever use ice on your back.  Pat starts out each day with the ice pack to her back and it seems to help.  That was a good piece you shared this morning and is a reminder of just how regulated our lives have become and more rules and regulations are passed each year at the various levels of government.   

Radioman34

I'm not sure what news, if any, you are hearing about the middle east, but all is quiet here. Iran attacked Israel from Syria and were repulsed with remarkable ease. The Israelis then took out major Iranian installations rendering them impotent for now, so the major concern for the moment is the cherry harvest. That takes place on the Golan Heights which could be a major battlefield if hostilities break out. For now it's business as usual and the harvest is going full speed. So, in short, everything is good and almost normal.   

Carol

Amazing messages in here this morning.

Mary Ann:  That sounds like a nice plan for a drive - it is interesting that you have two Tom's in the family. 

Carolyn:  Very good to see your post--- so sorry for your son Nikolas and I send up a prayer for his recovery as well.  I hope he has the best care and recovers completely.  I had neck surgery years ago and it finally mended - sure hope you have great care.  - Please keep us posted on Nikolas and yourself. 

Amy:  What do you do with the pine needles?

Gloria:  Glad to hear you had a decent CNA - you deserve a gentle caring person.  Yes, the "rules" continue to grow - we even had more freedom years ago. 

Radioman - Don:  Thanks for the personal update on Israel.  Stay safe you two! 

Thanks Sandy - I always though Patsy Cline had such a different and good voice - perfect for her time.  They all seemed to live pretty rough lives and it comes out in the songs. 

Back to visit with the vacuum cleaner - such a stubborn varmint! 

Shirley

Carolyn, sorry I've taken so long to tell you my prayers are also heading your way for your gr-son. I do know the fright y'all have had and sincerely pray that he recovers completely.  No doubt (voice of experience) he will be watching for other drivers the rest of his life.

I've stopped to read 3 times so far & interrupted before a chance to post..... Gloria, I'm taking you to the mountains with me.  I will send you photos one way or the other, of my favorite spots.  This will probably be my last time to go so have been checking camera batteries.  Last few years I've sent each son off with a camera to bring me back "paintings"..... They hike miles and find beaver ponds that I would love to see, we do drive & get to see a lot, & I do get off the beaten path near the campground.... but not in shape for serious hiking like they do.  I bought my last camera about 6-8 years ago but had 2 before that I still like.... each had a longer zoom so I take a "wide angle" & standing in the same spot, zoom in on details, can't put that brush of oil paint if you don't know what it is.

This was a work in the yard day & I still don't like yard work!!!  Got a yard full of weeds that don't look so bad after the mowers come.  What's so great about fescue anyway?   ;)  My husband loved working in the yard and I had no problem giving him all the pleasure.  He never cooked a meal or washed his clothes in all the years we were married.... we shared the work. 

Don, thanks for the update, sad the most sacred soil in the world has to be soaked with blood, isn't it?  The country has been fortunate to have leaders "with guts" enough to protect it.

Carol, I noticed your question about pine needles.... around here we used to gather them to put around the holly bushes & azaleas, but rarely see a pine needle anymore.  That pine needle bug killed them everywhere, like in CO.  The campgrounds hardly have any shade because of them.  The Monarch Pass campground was closed last year because so many trees needed to be cut down. Pine trees don't have good roots so when they die they are dangerous.

I'm late, I'm late.... not for a date but to feed cats & catfish.  I'll take a camera down with me to see if I can throw bread & not the camera~~~

June Drabek

Gloria, ever since my last fall, the only time my back does not hurt is to lay flat in bed. Even sitting, it hurts. No fun ! I sure get a  lot more books read though.

Radioman…..your area does not sound too peaceful, and I am sorry about that. It is so beautiful , it must hurt to have bad things happening.

I am off to an early bed, so I bid you all a very good night…..Peace, health, hugs and Love. June

Denver

I have done it AGAIN....... started a post this morning...then got busy and forgot.  Came back in a bit ago, added on to it and then did the terrible “what ever” and it is gone. 

We got home from our trip last night.  We are still in awe of the wonderful time we had. 

CAROLYN, I am so sorry to read about your Grandson Nickolas’ serious accident.  He was so blessed to have lived through it and I will certainly keep him in my thoughts and prayers.  I hope he will have a complete recovery and that he will not have too deal with unbearable pain.  I wish you and Nicky the best also. 

AMY, so good to read that your husbands tests came back clear and he is good for another 6 months.  That is wonderful news.

LARRY, it is sure nice that Elisabeth is able to help out with some needed tasks around your place.  I am sure glad she is willing and able to do most everything you need her to do. 

GLORIA, I sure hope your back is feeling better tonight....is there any chance you could ask for the CNA you had yesterday to be your permanent one?  Sounds like you were very pleased with her. 

Neighbor came over for a visit, s9 I had bet post this before I loose this one! 

Pleasant dreams to all.

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

roley

G'morning all. Beautiful blue sky and Brilliant sun shine at the moment here !, i have not heard anything from Lloyd for several weeks, has anyone any news of both Lloyd or his damaged Leg/Legs ?. Grateful for any news, many thanks.   Roley. :thumbup:

Amy

Good morning everyone..

I wrote a long post then went to check on something and poof away it went!
Yesterday hubby wanted to go for a drive so off we went to a wee village to have our lunch then home again.  Love seeing all the new growth on the trees so many shades of greens and red! Today he would like to go get some light cotton slacks so we will head out in a bit. We are going to the place where I have a BIG problem...a chocolate factory and a quilt store  :thumbup:

Carol, I put the pine needles on the blueberry bushes one year and now I just use them along the outside of the vegetable garden to keep the weeds down. We used to have a row of pines between us and the neighbour but he cut down about 20 of them ,we still have our 2 out front. I miss the sound of the wind in those pines but don't miss the needles in the eaves.

Roley, Lloyd was here a few days ago and posted this...swelling is slowly going down. but even with pain pills I can barley walk on my left leg. the blisters have burst on there Owen. no signs of blood posing. hope to be able to see you all tomorrow. good night. I sure hope he is alright too. Miss his posts.

Larry, that was the only blurp in the power...on our drive yesterday we noticed a lot of trees down .

Gloria, I hope your back feels a lot better today..I hope you can get the same CNA back as she seems to be a good worker!

Better get a move on here.

Enjoy your day everyone.
Jimmy Dean

JaneS

Good morning Everyfriend!  I just realized that I never said Good Night!  I was really tired yesterday and last night I fell asleep while Perry Mason was arguing a case and woke up with TJ Hooker apprehending a criminal.  So, since I didn't understand how Hooker got into the Perry Mason courtroom with his crook, I went to bed.

The rain that was predicted didn't really materialize except for a few minutes while I was waiting at the bus stop for Kiran.  It had stopped by the time the bus arrived.  However, we had some thunder in the distance for some of the early evening so Annie was plastered to my thigh for quite some time.

Going to work today.  Wish me smiles and short lanes.  Enjoy your day and make it a good one!

Gloria

Good morning everyone. 55° and a beautiful spring day in the forecast. My CNA gave me a wonderful back massage yesterday and my back felt much better after. If they do any thing else while here the back massage is what I really like best. Wish I could start every day with one.

JANE  glad you had a day ot rest yesterday. When I used to go to San Diego I came home on Friday to have a day  to get rested from the time change before going to work on Monday. First time I went I did not do that and had a very long day at work on Monday.

LARRY  don't know how many of JOAN's stories I have left to post. If I could get my firs t external plugged into this PC I know I have more on there, more older ones.

DON  I just saw on the news about that attack. Thank God you, Bubble and family are alright. Cherry harvest? Yum, would like picking some, would eat most of what I could pick. Like picking blueberries or strawberries. Have to taste some from each plant to make sure they are good, right?

CAROL  I have 4 Kevins in the family, one in my family and 3 in the inlaws. 2 were the same age and when they would call I had to ask which one they are. Had another Gloria, too, but everyone called her Becky -her last name Beck. I agree we did have more freedom in our lives and were happier before the smart? politicians came up with all their rules.

SHIRLEY  would love seeing scenic photos. Jenny sends me some at times and I save them to the externa. I have (traveled) many places since I got a computer. If my daughter had not moved to San Diego I never would have gone out of the New England states. I chnge the wallpaper on the PC with a different scene often. On a hot summer day I start putting winter snow scenes up.

JUNE  it has been years since I fell so cannot blame it on that. With so many suffering with arthritis wonder why they still have not come up for helping, then again they still have not cured cancer either.

JENNY  I am glad that Oscar from Bis' Nest told me about notepad and copy paste. Have not lost many posts since then. Yesterday's CNA  was a fill in for a regular one who was out with double pheumonia. I have 2 regular ones and they are both good. I cannot be picky about who i get becaus it does not cost me anything, my insurance covers the cost.

ROLEY/PETER  we all worry about Lloyd whe he does not post. I pray he is alright. How are you doing these days. Nice blue sky here this morning.

AMY  naybe you better wear blinders on when you head out so you do not see the quilt stor and especially the chocolate factory. Now that is a place I would love to go into.  There has only been a couple of CNAs that I asked the office not to send anymore. Most are good but some I like better than others.  The one who was on sick leave does a much better massage with the right pressure. The young ones are the ones who do not want to do anything.

JANE  I watch Perry Mason at 9am. Cannot stay up for the night one. Have a smiley day at WM.

Have a good day everyone.

Gloria

Threw it out
Author Unknown

Last Week I threw out Worrying,
it was getting old and in the way.
It kept me from being me;
I couldn't do things my way.

I threw out those Inhibitions;
they were just crowding me out.
Made room for my New Growth,