Random Image

Forsythia

Owner: Shirley
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:43:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for July 15, 2019

Started by so_P_bubble, July 15, 2019, 12:16:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shirley

I'm up but "attem" is missing. I synced Fitbit to my cell phone & got about 5 hours sleep last night. Even with a nap that was the limit most days this week except for one & 7 hours was the best I could do that night/day. Going to sleep is not my problem, it is finding time to stay asleep. Ah, well, need to feed cats & me, shower & get the elephant un-plugged, jacks up & that 30 miles through the orange cones to the shop, wait for them to do the job & back through the orange cones to home. Had the pool pump running all night so need to vac & turn it off. The "fluff" from the cottonwood trees is over so hopefully the skimmer basket didn't get too full of leaves & bugs & make the pump motor heat up. If it gets light early enough I will vac before taking a shower so I can stay clean all day.  :crazy2:

Jane, I do believe you & Amy get more that 24 hours in a day, care to share your secrets?  Guess I'll have to check later & see, right now I need to open the door & let cats in... maybe even cooler than in the house for an hour or so.  I will be so glad when we get to wake up to 50° temps, already the nights seem to stay dark longer. Whine, whine....  Sorry about the doctor moving, Amy, but hope there is another near by that takes new patients. 5:45 & I've been up about an hour & better get a move on. I think there is a mosquito in the house because my elbow is itching & I haven't even opened a door yet.

Jenn, forgot to wish you & Bob a "Happy Anniversary!"  Waiting to hear about your father & Michele's latest report.  Enjoy the family!

Have a great day, everyone, don't lose your attem!

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  I'm up too and the doggies have been seen to but my "attem" escapes this morning, too.  I think it might have stayed in bed when I got up.  I don't feel especially good this morning and I really wish I didn't have to go to work but maybe it will help to focus on something else instead of myself.

We got some lovely rain overnight and it's still showering off and on today so I don't have to be dragging my hose around yesterday or today.

JENNY, a belated "Happy Anniversary" wish from me.  It sounds like you are totally enjoying your visit.  I wish you another week of family joy and many more happy anniversaries.

SHIRLEY, I thought it was you who had the curb on time! I waste a lot or it just vanishes and who knows where.  I try to plan and that's when I do get things done but I tend to plan something and something else yells for attention.  I do get things done but not always what I had planned!

Now I have to "get a wiggle on" and get myself ready for work.  I hope you all have a lovely day.  Grab it and make it your own!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Mary Ann

I'm up but I'm not attem either.  Yesterday I went to the dentist early and I felt blah all morning but as the day wore on I felt more normal. 

Did any of you ever have a full-head x-ray?  I had one yesterday and was told I had one about 10 years ago.  The x-ray showed all of my teeth which a bite-wing does not.  I found I have 17 crowns.

Jenny, I think I did not wish you a happy 52nd anniversary, so here's to a belated one. 

Amy, I hope you can keep contact with your RA doctor or it would mean a lot of driving to see one in the future. 

For everyone else, I hope your day goes well.

Mary Ann

Gloria

Good morning everyone, another miserable day in store for us here. Even with the AC running all night I could not seem to keep cool and could not sleep. Storms in the forecast for late afternoon/evening. If we get them maybe it will break this heatwave. This will be the fourth day of this heat and humidity.

MARY ANN  I know new people aren't joining in. There are a few here that have computers and I told them about S&F and gave them the addy so they can check it out but not interested.

JOY  my Mom  made the meringue like that, too. I can still picture her beating those egg whites.

JENNY  too bad you are in this are during one of our heatwaves. We usually have them in August but they are early this year. Hope you got to see some of the historical sites during your visit. Happy Belated Anniversary.

JANE  yes I do remember Joan's Angel dust. Sure could have used some last night. Joan must have been busy elsewhere in heaven and didn't know I needed some.

AMY  why is it when you find a good doctor they seem to leave practice or move.

SHIRLEY  I am with you  to 50° and a high of 75° and no humidity.

Have a good day and keep cool.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Lloyd Hammond

well I am like a bad Penney and here I am back, Phone man has came and left.he found the short and fixed our phone. we now have phone and internet. so you can if like get me here or on phone either. Have a great day. Is cloudy here and light rain on and Off, calling for thunder storms later tonight and tomorrow. see you later.

Lloyd

Marilyne

JANES - I'm glad you enjoyed "Vertigo" . . .  one of my top three favorite Hitchcock movies.  (I've never seen a James Stewart movie that I didn't like!)  Anyway, I wanted to mention that lots of the scenes from Vertigo, were filmed near where I live.  The forest scene, where they're standing together amidst the Redwood trees, was filmed at Big Basin State park, about 15 miles from me.  The San Juan Bautista Mission, where all the action takes place, is south of where I live. It's one of the most beautiful of the California missions, and is fully restored.  Church services are still held there every Saturday and Sunday, plus all the other things that are available at any Catholic Church.

CallieOK

Jane, have always heard that Alfred Hitchcock appears in all of his movies - usually in the background somewhere.  Wondered if you try to spot him.

I remember finding him as a guest at a party Jimmy Stewart was watching across the courtyard from his "Rear Window".  Some guy was playing the piano and AH was standing behind it as part of the group listening.

Many years ago, we saw the mansion from "Psycho" on the movie lot.  It was just as scary on the set as it was in the movie!  I still get chills remembering the first time "Mama" appears!!!! 

JaneS

MARILYN that's so neat that you live near where it "all takes place".  I also think, I've never seen a movie with Jimmy Stuart that I didn't like.  Did you know he was born in Pennsylvania about a 3 hour drive from where I live?  It's a town called Indiana but it's in PA. His father ran a store there, I think maybe furniture but I'm not sure.  Before all the interstates, the direct route to Pittsburg went right past the store.

CALLIE, one of my favorite things to do at a Hitchcock movie is to look for Alfred Hitchcock.  I think I read somewhere that his appearance is always less than a half hour into the show.  I think he's actually winding a clock in Rear Window.  In the one last night, he was strolling past the entrance to the friend's business right before JS arrives.  He's carrying a small case that might hold an instrument or something else small. 

These movies are always preceded by a talk by the University professor (a very smart lady) who gives some insight into the characters and piques our interest in the plot.  she's very good and if I were a student and in one of her classes, I don't think I'd want to miss a single one.

I took my friend a dinner from my ventur with the IP (barbecued chicken and rice).  She just called to say she had it for dinner tonight and it was delicious!  I guess I'll keep the pot!

I'm just about ready to go watch a bit of TV and then hit the sack early.  I was really beat when I came home from work today.  I checked in here (didn't post), took care of the doggies needs, had a snack and took a nap!  While I was making doggie food at supper time, my SIL showed up and cut my grass.  He's the one who had surgery on his elbow about 6 weeks ago.  I guess he's healing on schedule! 

I've decided that I'm unable to eat a regular sized meal any more.  I guess I'll have to have 9 or 10 small ones a day!  Well, that might be a bit of an exaggeration1  But spreading them out seems better than trying to so much at one time.  And the dogs love it!  They have more chances to beg!  It's a win/win situation!

Enjoy the rest of your day!  Don't forget, it's YOUR day!  Do it your way!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

so_P_bubble