Random Image

vinca plant

Owner: Beverly
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:47:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for August 1, 2018

Started by so_P_bubble, July 31, 2018, 11:59:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

so_P_bubble

so_P_bubble

so_P_bubble

so_P_bubble

I arrived home from work to find all the windows and doors wide open. Apparently our puppy had had an accident.

"Yeah, it really stank," my daughter told me. "In fact, when we first walked in, I thought you had come home early and were cooking dinner."

RAMMEL

No posts - ?  ?  ?
Will this post ?
Also marking my spot here  :thumbup:
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

Denver

Thought I would try again to see if I could post.....and I see I can!

We arrived home late yesterday afternoon.  We sure had a wonderful weekend.  Thank you for the nice anniversary wishes. 

It was so beautiful in Vail.  We enjoyed our drive up and back.....
The boys are such a delight to with.  It was nice to spend time with Kurt.  We will have the boys here for a night next week as they will come down a day before their mom flies in from Boston. 

LARRY, Bob and I were talking on our drive home how we remember when Vail was small and not much there at all.  You would not believe how big it is now. There are so many places here in our state that sadly have grow; way too much and not the cute areas they used to be not that many year ago.  Aspen, for one. 

I best say good night and get this posted.

Pleasant dreams to all.

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

CallieOK

JaneS

Well guess what?  I got here by notification this morning.  It's working again and it looks like everyfriend is back.  I wish you all a GOOD MORNING and a GREAT DAY!

I'll be off to take my place behind the counter at Wally World today.  Wish me smiles.

It's so nice to "see" all of you again.  I was getting lonely!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Shirley

All is well in this world!  (Now if I could just get the rest of my world organized!)  Good Morning to EveryFriend!

Sandy

Good Morning Everyone from the very
warm and Humid (blah blah blah) rocky
coast of Maine. 

As you can guess,  I HATE humidity !!! 
But that is the way it goes.   

I am off to spend the morning with Kelly...
My day to get things done this week.   
I enjoy our time spent together,  so much .. 

Have a good day,  everyone. 

(Stay cool)
:coolsmiley:

Sandy
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

Amy

Good morning everyone..

Nice overcast day here. Hope it stays that way! Slept in this morning ,was up a couple of times in the night with the dogs.

Our trip went well, yes I did help the towns economy by bringing home fabric and chocolate...

Not sure what today will bring,just take it as it comes.

Hope Pat is feeling better and hope she has a speedy recovery.

Better get a wiggle on and get dressed to meet the day.

Bubble, thank you for the new start page and the giggle!!
Enjoy your day everyone.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Joy

Good morning. 

Just wanted to greet all the morning visitors before I get started on "something" ?

It is a kind of hazy morning,,  with the sun trying to come out.  However, it will be warm and humid .

I am really excited today.  My grandson is opening up his own Barbershop in Manchester, Connecticut.  It is a dream come true.  He has come a long way in a very short time.  Cutting hair has been a "hobby" for him since he was in high school, and finally decided to go to school to further his "hobby".  He went to a school in New York, graduated,  worked in a shop for just about a year, and now, today, he and a friend are opening up their own shop.  I am so proud of him. He is a very special young man with a great personality.  He will go far, I am sure.   

I have not experienced any of the problems that some of you have mentioned.  Glad things seem to have gotten fixed.

Amy, glad that you had a good shopping day,  yesterday.  Fabric and chocolate were a good choice.  I am in the process of getting rid of most of my fabric stash.  I really don't plan on doing any more sewing and it is all just taking up room.  However, once I get rid of it all, I sure hope I don't find myself regretting it.  I don' have the ambitions that I used to have.  Still will keep my sewing machine.

Hope everyone will have a great day.

Joy
BIG BOX

Mary Ann

I'm up but not awake yet.  It is so nice to see so many cheerful messages.  I'll wake up eventually and then I might know what I'm doing!

I read where Detroit had a bad storm and has many flooded roads.  We never had a drop.

Mary Ann

larryhanna

Hi Everyone. We had a very rainy night getting about 1 1/4 inches of rain and more on the way today.  However, it will stay in the low to mid-80's again today.  Yesterday afternoon Pat and I went to Ruby Tuesdays to enjoy their $5 salad bar and it was good.  We made it there and back between rain storms.  This morning I plan a trip to Costco for several items and hopefully Scott will go with me.  Then this evening we expect that Scott will be out to spend a couple of hours with us, something we really enjoy.  We just hope he doesn't have to work tonight as this is suppose to be his day off.

Joy, I have found taking antibiotics leaves one feeling less than peppy.  Hope you were able to get a nap yesterday and feel more rested today. Congratulations to your grandson on being able to see his dream come true and opening his own barbershop.  I hope he has great success and a good personality goes a long way in establishing a business.

Jane, thanks for the explanation about the rocks in our ears as I didn't realize they were so small.  June said she wasn't able to post here yesterday and it looks like the site could have been down again for awhile yesterday.  Hope you found many smiles on the faces of your customers going through your checkout line today. 

Amy, it sounds like you had a successful trip to town yesterday.  Chocolate is good for us, at least that is what I keep telling myself. 

Shirley, glad you didn't have to cry over not being able to post.  I have my money on the cats winning in your bout for understanding who is boss!  :) 

Bubble, once again thanks for getting us started on the new month and sharing a couple of your graphics as well as a little humor to brighten our day.

Rammel, I like the quote you have at the bottom of your posting and it is so true.   

Jenny, glad to see you had such a wonderful weekend and hope it was a very restful one for you both.  I bet the boys are looking forward to their mother arriving to spend sometime with them in Vail.   

Mary Ann

Larry and Rick - I have always enjoyed the quote below Rick's posts and unfortunately, I think it is true.

Mary Ann

Gloria

Good morning everyone, sorry did not make it in yesterday. Every time I go anywhere I am not up to doing anything much for a day or 2. As usual my doc gave me a new prescription that might help with the pain pills I have. Pharmacy has not called yet to tell me it is ready for pick up.
Looks like we might have thunderstorms this afternoon. Humidity is up again. Oh how I am looking forward to the crisp clear air of autumn. For such a big chain company CVS pharmacy is not that great. They started here about 15 miles from where I live and now they have stores all over the country.

Glad I am not the only one who could not get in here. Have to get moving. Have a good day.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

June Drabek

felt less dizzy today so went down for Bible study.our leader did not show up, so dragged my carcuss back home.trying to decide if I should go down to lunch or eat at home. Not quite as dizzy today but not ready to "making' whoopee" either.

How i miss my desktop computer, but how thankful Iam to have this little maddening laptop.
my grandson Ryan and his wife Ricki and their three little ones will be here at the end of the week, so I have much to look forward to. I just pray the good Lord gives me the energy needed.

Keep well and happy, my cyber family. I love you all,June

As long as we are here, let's dance.

Lloyd Hammond

so_P_bubble I think I would fix a place to shut the sweet puppie where it would be safe and by its self.

Now i will tell you all I just got home from the Hospital a few min. ago. I have been in there since the early hours of Monday morning, Had a pancreatic attack.
was tight all from left to right I thought I was having a heart attack. but VA and tests ruled it out. hope to see you all tomorrow.

Lloyd

RAMMEL

Quote from: Mary Ann on August 01, 2018, 09:34:23 AM
Larry and Rick - I have always enjoyed the quote below Rick's posts and unfortunately, I think it is true.

Mary Ann

Thanks Larry & MA -
I almost avoided using it because of it's source. But ------ as indicated it seems to hold true.

Good rest of week to all.
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

Denver

This post was written this morning, but I have not been able to post it until just now!   

We ended up picking up our granddaughter and taking her to the Denver Zoo.  It could not have been a better day....overcast and cool.  It was delightful.

Kate is spending the night, and is already in bed, so 8 had best do the same so I will be ready in the morning.

Pleasant dreams to all. 

GOOD MORNING.......
First day of August
and HAPPY 142nd BIRTHDAY, COLORADO❣️

It has been a delightful morning.  Enjoyed my coffee on the patio this morning. 

Happy to see so many checking in....seems that everyone is able to post once again.

LARRY, I am not aware of Ruby Tuesday’s having a $5 salad bar.  Is this with a coupon, on a particular day, or what?  I will have to check it out.  Yes, the mama will be so happy to come and be with her boys in Vail, as will the boys. 

We are off to get a bit of shopping done.

Have a wonderful day, EVERYFRIEND 🦋

Jenny

🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  We had rain last night and we're supposed to get an afternoon of it today.  The doggies and I are waiting out the boinger for their breakfast so I may have to take off and do that.

This morning the doggie groomer is due to come.  So later today I'll have two beautiful, sweet smelling, clean doggies and an empty wallet!  However, I feel like this one is on the house.  I got my property tax rebate check day before yesterday and after I deposited it, I got out this years taxes to pay them and discovered that my income tax return from last year covers it.  So the rebate check is gravy!  It's always nice to find out I'm covered!  Doesn't happen often but when it does....WHOOPEE!

JENNY, enjoy your time with your little granddaughter.  They grow up way too fast!

Well, I think I finished this before the boinger went off so I'll with you all a good day.  Grab it and make it yours whatever it brings!

Amy

Good morning everyone..

We didn't get the t storms last night.....dogs are happy about that!.

General work about the home today  and some sewing maybe. Friends picked up the van ,she had been sick so could do it earlier. and they are so pleased with it. We really liked that van also but no need to have two any more.

I am more than ready for the cooler weather, we have never used the a/c as much as we have this year...and that is mainly for Golden girl and her breathing.

Jane, what a nice surprise..not often we come out ahead of the game but it is sure nice to win one at least once. Doggies will feel much better after they are groomed. Do they run around after the bath?

Jenny, what a fun time with your granddaughter. How is your Dad doing?

Lloyd, I hope you are feeling better now...I hope you can take it easy today .

June, so nice to see you and I know you miss your pc...do you have any idea of when you will get it back?

Joy. don't you just love the fact that there are so many "somethings" to start and none that we really want to start ? :)

Larry, hope you got to spend time with Scott..

Gloria, I hope the new meds work for you.

I had better get a move on or the day will be gone.

Enjoy your day everyone.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

larryhanna

Hi Everyone.  It is another overcast morning with more rain expected this afternoon.  Yesterday we had rain for a short period yesterday afternoon and I think that was all unless it rained during the night. Today I am going to coffee with my friend and then stop at Aldi's for just a few things we need.  Scott will be out about 1:30 this afternoon and then we are  going to Cheddars for our main meal.  They have a special of 1/2 rack of ribs or and 8 oz piece of Alaskan salmon for $9.99.  Scott did come out yesterday evening and we had delicious potato soup that Pat had made in the Instant Pot.  She has an easy recipe that doesn't require much work.  I did spend a couple of hours at Costco yesterday morning.  Scott didn't get out to go to Costco with me as we had planned. 

My time is limited this morning so will try to make further comments brief.  I have read all of the postings since I posted yesterday and appreciate each and everyone.

Gloria, I hope you got the new medicine the doctor prescribed and that it will help ease the pain.  Are you aware that CVS has purchased Aetna health insurance company?  They have become a very large company with over 9,800 stores.   

June, glad to see you were able to get back to the Soda Shoppe.  Maybe today will be a day for you to make some "whoopee".  :)  Those little ones will surely brighten your day tomorrow. 

Lloyd, glad you didn't have to stay in the hospital for an extended period of time.  Glad you didn't have a heart attack. 

Jenny, register with the Ruby Tuesday site and you will receive email notifications of coupons and specials every week.  The salad bar special didn't require a coupon but other times I just save the coupon on my phone and then pull it up and show it to the waiter.  We have used a lot of the 50% off the lower priced meal and several times have gotten a coupon for buy one and get one entree free.  That one is really hard to pass up.  I am registered with a number of restaurants and get various coupons weekly. 

Jane, always good to get a rebate as they are sort of like pennies from Heaven, so to speak, since often they are not expected.  It makes one's day. 

Amy, you will see a reduction of car expenses with only the one vehicle.  We did enjoy our time last evening with Scott and look forward to another hour or two with him today. 

Gloria

Good morning everyone, already too hot here and supposed to go into the 90s. The humidity is already climbing, yuck. Yesterdays rain and thunderstorms and the tornado warnings never happened, not sorry either,

LLOYD  better start being careful what you eat. I had 2 sisters, both diabetics who died from pancreatic cancer. You do not want that my friend. I do not say that to scare you but both of them ate many things that should not have been in their diets. We all care about you.

AMY  still have not heard from the pharmacy. I do not like CVS stores and never did but they do deliver.

Have a good day everyone.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

JaneS

Larry, I sent you an email.  I wonder if you got it.  I seem to have 2 different emails for you!

Lloyd Hammond

well thanks for the well wishes. it is a bright sunny day here. I have been fighting this computer for over four hours this A M to finely get it on line. seams to be quite this morning. hope you all are having a great day. will ck back later.

Lloyd

Shirley

Larry, "I have my money on the cats winning in your bout for understanding who is boss!"   Cats--1    Shirley--0

Lloyd, sorry about the hospital trip.... did they suggest what might have caused the attack so you can avoid having it hit again?   I know when I get an icky feeling that it is time to cut back on coffee & chocolate or a gall bladder attack with smack me in the middle.  Nothing to do with age, first time it happened I wasn't even 30 yet!  I've been extra careful since but slip up once in a while & that "bitter taste of gall" warns me in time.

Gloria, I also had 3 girl cousins in the same family die from pancreatic cancer.  No idea why but their other siblings have had other cancers so we are guessing it may have to do with "farm chemicals" exposure.  Hope your new meds help. 

I just watched a commercial about using stem cell transplants to regrow various parts of knees, shoulders, etc, using the patient's own stem cells.  My daughter-in-law is doing research right now to have it done for her knees.  This isn't covered by insurance to guessing not Medicare, either.  My first thought is "what a scam".... but the seminar my son & wife went to insist "it's being done all over the world but the pharmacuticals in the US are keeping a lid on it"..... I have not Googled yet but was curious if anyone here knows anything about it.  Since I never heard of the Epley Maneuver before, nor my friends or family & all are impressed with what we talk about in here.... I'm just checking!....

And now I'm going to see if a nap is waiting on that bed.  Got up early, mow day, so had to get gates unlocked & all ready.  Usual routine of feeding cats & me and needed to vac the pool so been moving.  Was nice & cool at first........... can feel a slight burn go I may be a shade darker.  I was hungry when I came in so some fruit & a hamburger with a slice of raw Vidalia onion & like a baby, exercise, eat & sleep. 

Great news, Jane, you are on a roll... maybe time to buy a lottery ticket.  :thumbup:

Hope all have a Terrific Thursday~~

June Drabek

Hi,Read all messages, lap top still telling my how dumb I am. Don't know when the big guy comes home. Still having dizzy spells, so not too happy.

Lloyd.....get well.prayers are being said.

Love to all. June
As long as we are here, let's dance.

JaneS

JUNE, maybe your "rocks" are out of place.  It's worth asking the doctor!  They could help you with that maneuver right in your own bedroom.

Radioman34

I have now begun the second month of my respite care and quite frankly I dont see a lot of improvement, but I remain hopeful. My boys are working diligently to expedite my move to a permanent home where I can settle in. Hopefully I will be in my new digs before the month is over. The reality of my situation is starting to sink in though. As of now I will be unable to carry on in my role as Santa, something Ive been doing close to 20 years. Likewise my participation in the Standardized Patient Programme must come to an end and stage participation is no more as well. I am happy that my last performance garnered me an award.
The main hope that sustains me is that I will be able to continue to visit my Israeli Sweetheart.
So that is all I have for you now. I am so grateful for your thoughts and prayers and I,ll try not to be so negative in my next communication .
Don