Random Image

AZ MAR 08 (301).JPG

Owner: donklan
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:17:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for MAY 15,2019

Started by so_P_bubble, May 14, 2019, 11:02:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amy

Good morning everyone..
We had a busy day yesterday, the garage was too busy to fix the vehicle so Fri is the day I hope. Today we are taking Babe to the vet to see what is causing the problem with her hind leg. She will favour it when she gets up yet if you throw a  ball outside for Jesse she is off like a shot after it also.

Our last load of wood came and needs to be piled ,thank you Bubble for posting the photo. Will see how much energy is left after the trip to the vet.

Larry VON is Victorian Order of Nurses. We first got them when Kyle had his PICC line in for his chemo. They would check his line, clean it plus take BP listen to his lungs and heart. We have had VON for almost 3 years now and now the visits are done. I really appreciated them coming and checking as with Kyle's A FIB  ,congested heart ,his RA and the after math of chemo they gave me some peace of mind that everything was in order.

Jane, happy to read the puppies are ok. Hope you have an easy day today.

Better get a move on here..

Enjoy your day everyone.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

I'm up and trying to get "attem".  I have a couple things planned but it's supposed to rain this afternoon (like that's news!) so I better get moving and get the outside stuff done before Mother Nature takes over. 

AMY and SHIRLEY (BUBBLE, too)  I loved the pictures.  Made some comments on them over in photos. 

I better get moving!  You all have a good day!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

phyllis

Larry, it is good to read your post.  It sounded so optimistic.  I hope you will continue to tell us of your experience with Hospice care.  It would help me to make an informed decision when the time comes to choose end of life options, or my family if I am unable to make such a decision

Also, to answer your question....my car is almost 10 years old and has only 10,000 miles on it so it has long been without warranty.  I felt that if a repair problem arose I could probably handle it financially whether I decided to have it repaired or to get rid of it so never purchased an extended warranty.  It is a 2010 Ford Escape and has been one of the most trouble free cars we have ever had.  It serves my purpose very well.  Also, I am long over the days when I thought a new car was exciting.

Such upbeat news from Everyone yesterday.  It has made me feel so good to read through it.  Please keep all of the positive things going.

Grocery shopping today....again!  But, I will get it done before the forecasted hot weather comes in.  And, also before the Memorial day shoppers hit the grocery store, I hope.  So, I am up and away.
phyllis
Cary,NC

Joy

Good morning.  I am just making an appearance.  Too early for anything new to report.

I, too, was happy to read Larry's message yesterday.  Sure did sound like his "ole self" .  I know it gave him such a peaceful feeling, just knowing that he would be getting such good care.  I have not ever heard anything but good things about Hospice care.  I wasn't aware of all that it covered.

Amy, I can remember getting a load of wood that looked like that. I don't remember having to help stack it, as my husband and sons would do that job.  That was a long time ago, when we lived in the woods and had a wood stove.  When we move to that house in the woods, I was so excited about having a wood stove, but that excitement didn't last too long.  Wasn't too long when the novelty wore off and I would turn the furnace on. 

I need to get myself dressed and see what I can find to do.  I do plan to bake a pie today.  Tonight I will play cards.

Have a wonderful day.  Hi to Bubble, Jane, Shirley, Phyllis, Lloyd and all the other friends.

Joy
BIG BOX

CallieOK

Good Morning,

Larry, so good to read your optimistic post.  You have a great attitude and I know the Hospice care will be good for you and for Pat.   Prayers and gentle hugs to you.

Amy, that's a BIG wood pile!  I remember when a chipmunk got into ours in Leadville CO.  It was late in the summer and trying to catch it kept the neighborhood kids from being bored right before school started.  They never did - but, then, I'm not too sure they really tried all that hard....more fun to plot and try out their "great plans".  :)

Shirley,  is that the Arkansas ("ar-KANSAS"  ;) ) river? 

For those who aren't familiar with our geography, that river (ar-kan-saw) becomes a shipping channel to the Mississippi River by the time it reaches Tulsa.  A town downstream from there was evacuated yesterday because of danger that a dam would break and flood the town.  Residents were told they "remained at their own risk" and to use permanent markers to write their names and pertinent information on their arms in case they drowned.  I have never heard this suggestion.

You may see news stories about houses falling into the Cimarron River when the banks eroded. This happened about 20 miles from me and I watched it live on local t.v.  According to the reporter on the scene, the families got out but may not have been able to save belongings.

Oklahoma has three major rivers flowing all the way across the middle of the state (Cimarron, North Canadian and South Canadian).  All are way over flood stage - as are the many major lakes, particularly in the east half of the state.
Almost all of the parks at the lakes are closed for the holiday weekend because of high water.

So far, the metro OKC area has escaped disastrous events - although a local lake is closed.

Hope those in Missouri and points east/north will be safe.

I need to finish getting ready for company tomorrow night.  Haven't had an overnight guest in so long that I barely remember what to do! 

Mary Ann

Callie, I saw some of the flooded Cimarron River on the Weather Channel yesterday and I was hoping people could get their belongings out but it appears they may not have been able to do that.  Some of the homes were right at the edge of the river. 

One year on a trip my dad and I took 50 or 60 years ago (maybe more), we drove beside the Cimarron River in New Mexico and people were camping out between the river and road.  It was allowed then, but probably not now.

Clear day today and the sun is shining.  Temperature in the 70s - beautiful day.

Mary Ann

larryhanna

Hi Everyone. It has been a rather difficult morning as very short of breath.  I will be getting medical equipment, including  a wheelchair, which should make it easier to get around in the house.  I am so happy I signed up with Hospice on Tuesday as they have been so responsive and caring.  Yesterday afternoon the social worker was here and besides the delivery of the medical equipment, someone else is coming by today and I think it is the Chaplain.  I was very touched yesterday when the Social worker told me she and the Chaplain had already discussed finding a way to get me back to Church, although I am going to have to get to feeling better before I would considerate it.  Yesterday morning one of the ministers from my Church stopped by for a short visit.  Last evening when the girls and Scott were here I told them I was now under Hospice Care.  I hope they deliver the new medicine they are putting me on which is suppose to help me get a little more energy and start to get some of this fluid off my body which is causing such shortness of breath.  Fortunately typing doesn't take much energy.

Lindancer

Larry,now you understand what I am saying about Hospice the next day I had my equipment and meds.] Everybody come to see me and the social worker comes once every two week and makes sure I am satisfied. the nurse is here twice a week I have signed up for 6 months then they just extended it. I can even have a bed,  the foot doctor was here yesterday. I understand every state has there rules and regulations. Florida is the best the girls said. You can sign up for a year. I also have and aide she comes for 2 hours and does anything I want done, making bed, fixing lunch, doing wash etc. 3 days a week

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

Amy

Back from the vet and she said that Babes leg is looking a bit better and this does take time to heal. We came home with pain meds and tick and flea meds. While there we weighed our not yet 6 month old pup the one that weighed 10 lbs when we got him is now 59.4 lbs and still growing!! Pouring rain and he thinks I should go out and play Frisbee with him.

Larry, I agree with the others ,so great to see your posts and now you also have your life in order with Hospice. That sure sounds like a blessing to have.

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Shirley

Thanks for all the comments about the cats, river & pool. More rain off & on today & now a tornado watch for us. The river is muddy and the pool doesn't sparkle right now. Been a busy day starting off about 3:00 am with a cat waking me up. Couldn't go back to sleep so gave up & had breakfast & went back to bed about 6:00 am only to have the phone wake me up about 8:30 with a call from a friend I haven't see for nearly 30 years.

The only thing planned for today was a 1:00 appointment with the cardiologist for the 4 week check up after stents. Then the AC company called to ask if they could come today instead of tomorrow (rain). I explained my appointment so agreed "if he could be there ASAP!" 

Took longer than I would have liked but finally hopped in the shower & washed my hair, got me ready & across town in time. Dr still thinks I should have the aortic valve replaced again since "fixing that one will help the other one get better & it is much less invasive surgery". So we will talk about it in October. I'm cleared to go camping, just not to over do the hiking in high altitude.

Got home to find a call from the mowing guys, called them back & they were on their way, went to unlock gates. Everyone trying to catch up while they can. I unlocked & locked the gates, fed cats & tried to get a nap in after they were done. Need to eat, been doing this too often, eating late, & have gained several pounds. Doesn't help that my little red car turns into Braum's for a "twisty" every time I get out..  (choc/vanilla frozen yogurt cone). Yummy!

Been trying to catch news of the storms that hit my home town of Jefferson City, MO. Still have quite a few cousins living there but haven't tried to call. If they had damage they wouldn't want to take time out to talk!

About the Cimmaron River, out in Western Kansas most of the year it is dry, but like the Arkansas River, runs underground. At some point it joins the Arkansas River. I have a photo of a sign in a National Forest campground in CO saying that "This is the headwater of the Arkansas River".  It is right along the Continental Divide. No way to put a bottle in & have it float all the way to my house.

I'm going to try to get to bed early, sweet dreams to all & God Bless.

CallieOK

Shirley, the source of the Arkansas river is in the middle of the Climax molybdenum mine, immediately north of Leadville.  It's a creek west of town and the boys could jump across it.  The continental divide is along the mountain range a few miles west of the river.
The North Canadian river joins the Arkansas in eastern Oklahoma at or near the town I mentioned being evacuated (Webber's Falls).
I don't think the dam broke but two barges slammed into it (NBC news showed this) and they're keeping a close eye on things.

As I type, there's a huge damaging tornado barreling through the far northwest part of the state.
However, it was a lovely evening here and I spent some time with my flowers, birds and rabbit...who doesn't mind me being in the yard as long as I don't start toward him.

Sleep well, everyfriend, and have pleasant dreams.

Lloyd Hammond

well it is time for me to bid you all sweet dreams. all this un settled weather has Nancy uneasy about hitting the road. good Night , hope to see you all tomorrow,

Lloyd

JaneS

I'm going to take the doggies out one more time between rain storms and then head for Dreamland!  I'm glad everyfriend is safe from the storms.  I bid you all good night, sleep peacefully and wake refreshed.  And may God bless us, every one!

Shirley

Haha, that's funny, Callie. Got a photo of the wooden plaque saying it is in the National Forest campground on top of Monarch Pass..... You suppose it was a bunch of "trickles" that got together & drained down along the foothills of the mountains so everyone could do the rafting, etc.... ???  I forgot about this, phone rang & I went on to bed. Not going to worry about where that river behind me got the first start, it is a real river this week! I know the Divide wiggles around & some places more east than others, a straight line on a map I think Leadville is more east than Salida or Monarch Pass.

It is now almost 4:30 am, had a cat at my bedroom door so got up to let her in. Tom was inside and found Callie(cat) waiting at the front door. I'm going back to bed. I stopped to have a look at radar but the computer had shut itself down (another update) and so the story goes, this was open when it started up. Not feeding anyone, cats have bowls of dry food if they are super hungry.

Good night and good morning!

Lloyd Hammond

https://youtu.be/N5ddoyfn6g4

the above should open video but i must have not done something correctly

Lloyd Hammond

I think if you click on the link in my post above this it will play for you it did for me,

Amy

Good morning everyone..

May get more rain today..I think if we get a full day of sun it will scare the dickens out of us!! Oh well it isn't snow..
I am off to take the vehicle and hope they can do the repairs today on the a/c.

Lloyd, that was beautiful, thank you for sharing..

Will be back later.

Enjoy your day everyone.
Jimmy Dean

Gloria

Good morning everyone, had thunderstorms during the night so more rain fell, nothing new there. It warmed up overnight and the day is already in the mid 60's.

LLOYD  thank you for the beautiful link. I enjoyed it.

Have a good day.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

phyllis

I'm up, too, and almost ready to go get some breakfast now that the grocery shopping got done yesterday.  Going to be very hot here this weekend and most of next week.  Up in the mid-90's and humid.  At least it isn't flooding.  Glad you are all right, Callie, and Shirley.  It does seem like the middle part of the country can't catch a break right now.  Hope it gets better soon.
phyllis
Cary,NC

JaneS

:) Good Morning Everyfriend!  It's a beautiful day in Central Pennsylvania!  The sun is shining!  The birdies are chirping!  And all the stinky skunks are somewhere else!

I'm waiting for my neighbor to come over and look at the place that needs to be dug up and see if he's willing to use his rototiller on it.  It sure would save Christy some time and muscle!  I asked him to look at it and decide if it was something he would do and I told him "no hard feelings" if he decided he'd rather not!

I'm all dressed and ready for work so when he comes over, I can run outside to talk. 

I hope you all have a great day!  Make it your own in every way!

Joy

Good morning.  I am just marking my place .

It is a pretty  sunny morning here and supposed to be a beautiful weekend.  Maybe some very scattered showers late on Monday. It is about time for a nice weekend.

Good morning, Jane, Gloria, Phyllis,  Lloyd and Shirley.

Shirley, glad you didn't have any weather related problems.  Glad that you were able to go back to bed. 

It was so chilly when I first got up, I was ready to go back to bed, also. Sat in the recliner and bundled up with my fleece coverlet and it took a little while to get fully awake.  I am not a morning person.

I am waiting for the maintenance man to come and put a new part in my A/C.  I really haven't needed it yet, but they are calling for 90ยบ on Sunday.  Since I am on the north side of the building, I hardly get any sun at all, and my apartment stays pretty comfortable most of the time.  Sometimes, in the evening it feels a little stuffy and I do turn it on.   But, my electric bill in the summer helps to makeup what I spend in the winter.

I hope all the friends will have a nice Friday.

Joy
BIG BOX

so_P_bubble

Joy, 90F?  Here for the last three days we have 102.2F!

Also raging forest/field fires around Jerusalem that forced the evacuation of some moshavim (village) and loss of houses. 
On top of that the South is getting incendiary balloons from over the border and the loss of crops with those fires are heart breaking.

The firemen have a tough job in this heat.

Joy

Bubble,  I was surprised to read about the forest fires around Jerusalem.  Don't think of that area having many forests.  Always thought of that area being kind of desert-like.  There were so many forest fires out in the western part of the US  last year and neighborhoods being destroyed.  So, I will think differently about your area.  I guess all the world there are a lot of similar problems that we just don't hear about in the states.

Also, getting the incendiary bombs that destroy crops is also very sad. When I hear things on the news about your country and the area around there, I often wonder if you have those problems around where you live.  Do you feel safe in the area where you actually live.  The whole world is very vulnerable right now.  I hate to think what will be happening when my great-grandchildren are grown. 

We can have temperatures up in the low 100's, but not too often. 

Joy
BIG BOX

roley

Hello all.Just looking in to say a quick hello,looking back at some of the messages I noticed your little greeting Amy, thank you, that was kind of you,, sorry I took so long to reply but things are rather 'hectic' at the moment, what with checking the little apartment we have just agreed to buy,then arranging for the surveyors report etc, as someone told me, it's a stressful time ! to say the least,the love of my life payed the first visit to the retirement block, then my Grandson took me to have a look yesterday, just to confirm things, so now the process begins !, with luck,we hope to make the move before the end of the summer !,even poor old Lloyd has had to take a back seat for these past few weeks but now the end I in sight I should 'I hope' soon get back to keeping in contact and perhaps a little bit more of my  'Armchair Travelling' :thumbup: again, Larry, I wish you nothing but the best, i'm sure you have made the right decision with the hospice care, they give nothing but the best here and i'm sure it is the same in your part world, a good choice mate !,now it's time for me to get ready to finish off my little piece and wish everone a good evening and again say thanks to Amy.
                                      Cheerio for now.  Roley.  :)

so_P_bubble

Joy, I live on the seaside, no forest nearby and it is at present one of the safest place to live in. We had our share of terror attacks about ten years ago but now- touch wood- that is in the past.

The forest around J'lem are all man-made, planted after the creation of the State and well cared for. For years people were "buying trees" to commemorate a love one or as present for special events like weddings or anniversaries. :)

CallieOK

Good Afternoon,

This is a  :walking2: day but I wanted to tell Shirley her comment created an opportunity for me to learn something new  today!

According to Google, A Headwater is a tributary stream of a river close to or forming part of its source.  So the flow from Monarch Pass is probably why it's possible to raft the rapids downstream from Salida.

DIL just left after taking me to a "maintenance" doctor's appointment and a Fridge Fallout lunch/visit.  Now going to finish preparations for a friend to spend the night before leaving for her move to Alabama.

"Huff, Puff"....... :o

JaneS

Hello Everyfriend!  Today was a "medium busy" day at work.  I at least had time to blow my nose and drink water. I was pretty tire when I got home but not exhausted!

My neighbor came over this morning to see what it was that I wanted rototilled and decided that he could do it for me.  In fact, he started right in and by the time I got home from work, it as all done and he an his tools were gone!  What nice neighbors I have!  I need to do something for him but he won't take any pay for the job so I have to think!

The doggies are getting antsy and, as a matter of fact, I'm a little hungry myself.  Maybe I feed them a little early and myself too.  Hope your day is going well!

larryhanna