Random Image

Fe growing

Owner: Sandy
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:04:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for March 15,2019

Started by so_P_bubble, March 14, 2019, 06:31:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd Hammond

Shirley I take no offence. you are a dear friend. If I were single and needed a very nice Lady for company, you would be on my list high. but i do not and I will keep you as a dear friend. things keep cumming up Nancy keeps finding excuses not to get on the road. I will just weight until she gets in the mood and we will start your way and give you a call. I think we all get more moody as we get older. I had a very dear friend (deceased Now) he used to say nuts nuts everyone Is nuts everyone except the and though  and I am not sure about though. Have a great day.

Lloyd

JaneS

SHIRLEY, you actually made me feel better!  Thanks!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Shirley

"Have a peaceful night dear hearts...give your worries to God and sleep in peace...He will be awake all night anyway."   Good night to all, with a special thanks and good night to June for the saying. I've had a very busy day getting nothing done, but there is always tomorrow.  :crazy2:

Denver

"Have a peaceful night dear hearts...give your worries to God and sleep in peace...He will be awake all night anyway."

GOD Bless Us All.....

Pleasant dreams to all❣️

Jenn
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Shirley

One restless Tom cat got me up, storms knocking at the door and he is terrified of storms. I wanted to check radar to see how ugly it looked, no warnings, but now I'm hungry.  :P  Better get back to bed, haven't had any sound sleep yet.

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  I've been up and active since 4:30 this morning.  My daughter arrived last night around 9 and was leaving to drive to Montreal this morning.  She was going to go alone since no one she asked had a passport to cross the border to Canada.  I knew that her twin brother who lives here had one and I suggested she ask him to go with her.  She did and he did!  I'm a happy mama. 

She's going to her son's to bring some family things and things he wants to keep back here before he moves to Mexico next week.  He works for a very large, international communications firm and is moving there for his job.  He's also moving there for a lovely young lady who will no doubt become my DIL one day.

I'm happy for him but why must they be so far away!

The doggies got up early too and they're ready for breakfast.  Enjoy your day!

JaneS

Sorry!  Make that "granddaughter-in-law" some day!

roley

G'morning all.
             I have been busy looking around again trying to find something interesting for you, this time the Armchair walk involves a lot of climbing steps,so sorry to all who will find this difficult !,  :) ,but i think you will find the effort worthwhile, the first walk is looking around St Mary's Church with its collection of Knights Helmets and some interesting effigies,the Second walk (Climbing steep steps), is up the Bell Tower of St Mary's and the art of Bell Ringing !, it's going to be a very tiring walk for all this time,sorry Gloria and anyone else who struggles but perhaps we can all enjoy a nice cup of tea together afterwards !. :thumbup:.
                                      Enjoy,Cheers. Roley.
 (First)
https://youtu.be/qIS1AAExYiE
 (Second)
https://youtu.be/hxw-DvFN69E

Shirley

Haha, Janie, that's called "mixed emotions", I think!  A tear in one eye & smiling with the other. Glad it worked out for one less worry.

Good night and morning, Jenn. Don't you love June's saying?  She said one time that she didn't "think it up" but no idea where it came from, so as far as I'm concerned, it is June's. Is your father continuing to do better since your visit?  Mine would do better as long as one of us was with him and slip back into his shell soon after we left. More prayers for the emotional roller coaster your family is on right now.

Tom broke through the barrier I create to keep him in the opposite end of the house during storms. I thought he would be happy being able to go down to the basement with that door open (Callie stayed out all night). Didn't work & he showed up on my bed very early. He has been fed, we have an hour or so between storms so I let him go out. Not sure where Tiger is, if Tom comes in my bedroom, she leaves.

For sure a nap is in order with only 4 hours sleep, may be sooner than later. Must have some toast & coffee. I'm as bad as Tom, being hungry all the time. Wishing all a wonderful week end.

Ah, Peter, you slipped in with those links so I will watch & enjoy them with my coffee & toast. I would have a cup of tea but my English neighbor more than 60 years ago, taught me to drink tea with milk & sugar, had to be made in a brown pot that was warmed before putting the tea in. My English born daughter and I drink a cup every time she visits and I really do still use the brown tea pot with "loose" tea. Coffee is faster to make since I keep a pot made & only have to nuke a cup in the microwave when I want it. Thanks for the links. I will imagine I am as young climbing those stairs as when I really did live in England.

phyllis

Good morning. It was a chilly night but today will be sunny and very springlike.  Many of the leaves are coming out so a shimmer of green is showing down in the woods.  Early spring flowers have come and gone and more of the flowering trees are beginning to bloom.  My azaleas and the redbud tree are just opening their buds and the dogwoods are ready to pop open.  It's a lovely time of year.....except for the pollen!

Amy, I'm sorry you fell.  I hope your head is better today.  Have the loons come back to the lake?

Shirley, I have one of those little brown pots and used to love making tea the English way.  I still use milk and sugar in my tea but use tea bags now.  Quicker, easier but not quite as satisfying as the old fashioned way.

Good morning, Jane.

Nice tour through a lovely old church, Roley.  Thank you.

I hope Spring has found all of you and the flowers are making your day beautiful.  Happy day to all!
phyllis
Cary,NC

JaneS

No Spring here yet...the overnight temps drop into the low 30s and high 20s.  The days are getting into the 40s and, of course, bringing rain!

AMY, I forgot to mention that suggesting helmets for others might be some advice you could give yourself.  I hope your bump has gone down and the pain has subsided.  I also hope you've learned to be careful!

I'm travelling to the nearby university for a meeting with my grandniece, Bethany.  She needs something I can provide for her and she brought me Starbucks coffee from he father's place of business.  I'm almost out of coffee!

I have a large blue pot in front of my house that my DIL did up for my birthday last year.  It has a perennial in it that should come back this Spring but it hasn't begun yet.  So a few days ago, I planted some (fake) sunflowers in it so I cold have something bright to look at while I wait for the doggies.  It's working!  But I have to watch for new growth so I can take the sunflowers out before the smother the real stuff.

I hope you are all having a lovely day....

Sandy

Good Saturday Morning, Everyone!

Spring is here and the weather is getting
warmer,  and sometimes wetter...  And
so it goes.   

Sandy
 :dizzy:  :hello:  :headspin:
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

Gloria

Good morning  ( I think) everyone. Woke to a white world, light covering on every thing outside. yuck. Winter was late getting here and now does not want to leave, boo hoo.

My MIL made the worst hard boiled eggs you ever saw or had to eat. She boiled them for half an hour and there was a green rim all around the yolk. On Easter had to eat  an egg before we got into the dinner. That was my FIL's tradition.

My oldest son was here yesterday, I showed him my new Cox bill, I fumed when I saw it and he flipped. Since January it has been going up $12 a month well this one jumped $45.74. For what I don't know. I was going to calm down before I called them but he called them. Good because I would not have been polite. Well the gal he talked to checked into things and lowered it by $50. He was calm when he talked to her. Love my son. Wondered how many others they jumped the bills up like that  and they just paid it. Wish we had a choice in this building but Cox is the only one allowed in.

AMY  I wanted a sunny warmer day not  to wake up with snow again. Mother Nature sure is angry with us mortals and what we have been doing to nature. Energy? what's that? Mine left me several years ago.

GLORIA  de  we had rain and wind yesterday but when I saw snow covering the ground this morning I was disgusted. March is living up to it's name as the windy month. 4 days of strong winds that just whistle in this corner of the building.

SHIRLEY  I always admired June's use of words. Wish I had a fraction of that. Glad I have 1 phone and 1 computer to contend with.

PETER  seeing as how those steps are all sitting here at my computer I will not mind them at all.

Have a good day.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Amy

Good morning everyone.

Bright sunny but cold day here ,the  wind howled most of the night and is still here. Moving a bit slow but have bread started used some whey from the yogurt and laundry on the go. Cauliflower soup for lunch and leftovers for supper.....doesn't get any easier than that!

Jane, the helmet would have saved my head but not my knees..

Phyliss, no loons yet, I can't wait to hear them on the lake...love listening to them at night also.

Gloria, I thought we would lose power last night due to the high winds but thankfully it stayed on.

Peter thank you for the links when I get my tea I shall watch them.

Shirley, that is a Brown Betty pot and after making the tea you put a tea cosy over it to steep.

Better get a wiggle on time is passing on me.

Enjoy your day everyone.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

phyllis

Cauliflower soup sounds good.  I'll put it on my grocery list for next week. 

And, besides the little brown pot, I have a couple of tea cozys (cozies?), too.  Now, if I only had some loose tea.  :(
phyllis
Cary,NC

Gloria

PETER  I don't think even on a good day I would be able to climb those stairs to the bell tower. I would feel the walls closing in on me. Beautiful views from the top. Thank you for posting the links.

larryhanna

Hi Everyone on another beautiful sunny day with a high temperature expected of 68 degrees.  Yesterday turned out to be a pretty busy day and Pat and I have decided that today is a take it easy day.  I did get my Income Taxes finished, filed and accepted by the IRS and the State.  It was a good thing I looked them over again as I found two major errors I had made.  As a result my large tax refund went way down but at least I didn't have to pay more taxes.  I did lay down for a couple of hours and then got up and as Pat went to Walmart I folded a basket of clothes and then worked on Pat's computer coping a lot of files from the one she used to use to the one she is using now and a few other things.  I plan on watching more basketball today just as I did yesterday afternoon and evening.

Shirely, I like that quote from June and it is so true.  I also wish we could get a report on June. It is frustrating when we need to get something from our computer and it has to be rebooted or something needs to be installed.  The world goes on whether we get everything we wanted to do in a day and it is there the next day. 

Jane, glad your daughter isn't having to make the trip to Montreal by herself. That will be quite a move from Canada to Mexico.  Surely your daughter will fly to see him when he gets moved rather than driving. 

Roley, thanks for the link to the the Armchair walk.   
Lindancer, when we are around other people we can sometimes forget about ourselves as we put our minds on other things.  Glad you could get to your Homemakers group and teach your class.  You must be a very good teacher. I seem to usually benefit from the Chamomile tea.  It certainly can't hurt anything and better than taking a drug to get to sleep. 

Amy, so sorry to read that you had also suffered a fall.  Hitting ones head is do dangerous.  Better the bump we external than internal.  Hope you are not feeling too many bad effects from the fall.  Pat has often made the banana muffins and they are always very tasty and moist.

Phyllis, this is a great time of the year when Spring brings out the new growth and all the blooming trees have their short season and seeing the Spring flowers.  We have seen a few azalea bushes in bloom around here but our still haven't bloomed.  The pollen is terrible here as well. 

Gloria, hopefully soon you will be seeing warmer and nicer weather.  I haven't heard of any new storms lurking to bring bad weather to the NE.  I guess your MIL wanted to make sure the hard boiled eggs were indeed hard boiled.  Scott and I both have found calling Comcast or other providers can produce much better rates.  You are right a lot of people just pay the higher price.  I agree with you about Energy as it has pretty well left me now.  A few minutes ago I made a trip to the kitchen to put a breakfast dish in the dishwasher and by the time I got back to my desk I was breathless.

Joy

Good morning on this cold and windy morning.  But, the sun is shining, so it does look nice out,  JUst glad I don't have to go out anywhere.

Amy, sorry about your fall.    Hope you don't  have any lasting problems from it.

And, yes, I am another one who wishes we would hear something from June or Dori.  I am surprised that we haven't, at least, heard something from Dori. I  feel like she would be aware knowing that we all would be concerned, after not hearing anything from June for so long.

Gloria, I post in another group and several of those members live in your area, and they mentioned this morning that they woke up to snow, also.  I sure am hoping that we have seen the last of our snow.  My cable bill seems to be getting higher and higher now also.  I need to call them, as I really don't need all these channels that I get.  They just seem to add things on without contacting you at all.  Just keep raising the bill.

Hoping everyone else are doing well,  and will enjoy the day.

I hope everyone will have a nice weekend.  I really need to get myself moving along.  I need to do some laundry later. Can't put it off any longer.

Joy
BIG BOX

Lindancer

Good afternoon, notSpring like, but very March, we are having 40 mi. gust of wind right now. Cool also.

I do not know if I wrote, I have a new housekeep until Diana feels better after her fall. Margarita has offered to take me to Target on Monday for the price of a Starbuck coffee.

MY cablevision Optimum went up $25 last month, I am now paying $225. I Have so many channels I do not watch, no premium but the golf channel,When I called they suggest I drop that.  At 95 my only entertainment is radio and TV so I have to pay As I have said before I was a golf nut, played 3 times a week even in the winter with colored balls. I was still playing at 89. Only green I did not play was called heart attack hill

Amy,sorry about your fall, hope your head is getting better, I worry about head injuries

Peter and Gloria, the longest stair I have every claimed was in the Statue of Liberty, and that was many years ago. I guess also I Have climbed the stairs going up in Montauk LightHouse, out on Montauk PT.

Jenny prays and thoughts are still going out to you for your dad and family

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

JaneS

I haven't done stairs lately but I did a mile down into the Grand Canyon and a mile back up 5 years ago.  I was 78 and very proud of that accomplishment!

I also did the stairs in the Statue of Liberty many years ago and toured up and down in The House on the Rock in ?Wisconsin?.  Also did a back packing hike in the mountains in Wyoming and walked all over those mountains with my Girls Scouts.  Not any more!!!

Shirley

Another back up about making the call to the TV provider. One lady told me one time that "they have a discount available..." but have to call every year to get it. Crazy, huh? One bump up & I'm on the phone. I'm only using their internet & phones now, perfectly happy with what I can get on the little "stick on" antennas. Even my auto club has a discount price that is about half but must call them every year to get it! Seriously, every year the bill comes about double & same month I get mail from a major company for half the price, so I call to cancel & the price goes down, even the bill in my hand. This is one reason I don't allow any of the bills to be paid directly from the bank! We're all human & make mistakes but when it comes to MY bills and MY money, I know I am more concerned about that than anyone else!

Oh, my, I looked down at the floor & am shocked at the lint & fuzzies under the feet of this table! Must get busy. I hate to clean the floor with cats inside, scares them whether I use a dust mop or power Shark... or Hoover. That's my excuse & I am sticking to it! 

Okay, how did you girls get the weather thingys working?  I keep noticing & love to compare but thought it was a lost cause months ago when I tried & tried & couldn't get mine to work anymore.   :tissue: 

Lindancer

callie, do you still look at Time Square. I just came from watching and there is a TWA airliner with no wings setting in Time square, I was wondering what that is all about,  I am always amazed how many people are walking around there all night.  I look in when I cannot sleep

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

CallieOK

Yes I do look at Times Square.  Was looking at it this morning but didn't see the airliner.  Will go take a look and see if it's there.  I, too, am amazed at how many people are walking around at all hours.
Edit:   I see it and notice there's a fenced off area on the street side that looks as if people could go in.  Granddaughter isn't in town right now so can't ask her - and she probably wouldn't know, anyway, since she avoids Times Square like the plague. :)

I enjoy the cam that shows the side of what I call the "stadium seats" (next to the Ticket Place).  Sometimes I'll see someone texting on their cell phone and then waving at the camera.  Guess they're saying "hi" to friends and family. :)

I feel sorry for the ones dressed as Disney characters who try to get people to pay to take a picture with them.  Granddaughter, who has worked at Nizza - a restaurant just east of Times Square, says there are marked areas they're supposed to stay in but I see them following people quite a ways.
Can't quite figure out what the "gymnasts" are all about, though.   Seems as if they spend a lot of time "warming up" and then do a few flips and spins.  I guess they hope people will pay - but I wouldn't think it was worth it.

JaneS

Just popped in to say "Good Night Everyfriend".  I'm really sleepy tonight.  This getting up at 4:30 a.m. is for the birds.  Come to think of it, I didn't even hear any birds at that hour. 

I'm off to bed!  Sleep peacefully my friends and wake refreshed to a whole new day!  And may God bless us, every one!

Lloyd Hammond

well good night and sweet dreams everyone. Not a good day here. I spent most of the day in the hospital at V A. they gave me the choice of a bed in the hospital or go home and take it easy for a few days. they gave me some pills to help with the dizzy head and sent me home with instructions NO driving and take it easy for a few days. so I took the home and easy for a few days.

Lloyd

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  It's early but I'll be off to church in a bit.  I wanted to wish you all a good day.

LLOYD, do you even know the meaning of  "Take it easy"?  I hope you do because you need to start doing what the doctors tell you to do before it's too late and you can't do anything.  Please TAKE IT EASY!

Amy

Good morning everyone...

Bright day but cold 13° F out so far.

A day of rest and I am going to take full advantage of it.

Phyliss, I think we enjoy just about all the soups. I had bought a huge cauliflower so used that and it made a lot of soup. Shared some with the neighbour also.

Shirley, I can't go anywhere without this pup close on my heals. Can't wait to take him to the lake this summer to see if he likes water.

Lloyd, take care please. I can't shake a finger at you because my head still hurts from my fall. Great trip, horrible souvenirs.

Better get a move on here, poochies have been fed and Babe has had her med.

Enjoy your day everyone..
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Gloria

Good morning everyone, for a change it is above freezing and the sun is shining. I notice the trees are not moving as much this morning so maybe the wind has finally died down and I can go outside later. Sure hope so. I need fresh air. Cannot open windows till it is 60° the witch 's rule. I have noticed no one is opening a window anymore.
I emailed Dori about June but have heard nothing from her. That worries me, too.

LARRY  with me it is not a shortness of breath as my back hurts more when on my feet for any length of time. Walking is not as bad, it is standing trying to cook anything or washing dishes. I see my doctor tomorrow and will ask about a back brace.

JOY  we had about 1 inch of snow and the sun melted it fast. On TV they said the southern part of the state had 3 inches of it. My Cox bill has been going up about $10 a month the last few months but this one was almost a $46 one. Glad my son was here and upset about it and called. I was trying to calm down before I called but he did it for me. They did drop it. All my family had Cox but now have Vios and like it better. I dislike having the shopping, language and spots channels that I never wanted but is part of the package.

GLORIA de  I always used stairs instead of elevators  but now I have to use them.

JANE  terrible what aging does to us. I loved being active and now spend more hours sitting than moving.   :(

SHIRLEY  the gal my son talked to Friday said I would have to call again next year. Pain in the neck. If I make a note about it I will lose it and forget. I have had no weather thing here since this new change. I miss it.

LLOYD  it is about time you took it easy for more than a few days. Take care of YOU.

AMY  after your trip I believe you need a day of rest today. Pleas keep that 13° there. It is up to 38° here and hope it gets a lot warmer.

Have a good day.

Lloyd Hammond

Gloria Ok you girls are doing your part to try to take care of me; do not hit me again I will try to do better.It is 49º and cloudy here calling for possible rain today, a good hard one would be good, it would settle the ground down. I am sure that would be a + . I am still stuffy headed and disuse. see you all later.

Lloyd

larryhanna

Hi Everyone. It is another beautiful morning with an expected high of 77 degrees and the sun should shine most of the daylight hours.  I woke up tired this morning although I had a good nights sleep.  By the time I got my shower, washed out the hose to my CPAP machine and got dressed I could hardly hold my head up.  I asked Pat to put my breakfast tray together and bring it to my office this morning, something I very seldom do.  I appreciate your comments that I am probably feeling better although that isn't the fact.  My longer posts just mean that I got started writing and didn't want to leave anyone out of my comments.  Today is not one of those days so just going to check in.  I have read all of the postings since I posted yesterday.