Random Image

baby hat

Owner:
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:34:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Tablets, Pads, Smart Phones

Started by RAMMEL, March 29, 2016, 11:27:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAMMEL

A place to discuss Tablets, Pads, Smart Phones, and whatever devices we use.

I'm not an expert here but I'm sure there is someone that will jump in and help.
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

maryde

HELLO THERE, good to find this topic.  I have a Smart Prime cell phone and would love advice at taking photos with my rather shaky hands.  Need to get started but lack confidence.  Actually any advice re my phone would be helpful, especially negotiating around its various screens and learning which apps you are finding helpful, regards from Mary in Downunder New Zealand

jackwv

maryde  I have used Hyperlapse, a free app on my iPhone.   Have used it even to steady video taken in a moving car.  You might check for apps.   Obviously a tripod or small mini pod helps but I never use.   Here is an interesting link on how you might steady your hands for the shot.   

http://digital-photography-school.com/how-to-avoid-camera-shake/

RAMMEL

Maryde   ---   It would help us to help you if you told us the make and model of the device you want help with.

I believe some cell phones have the ability to "steady" an image. Just an option to select.
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

jane

Thanks for this discussion, Rick.

maryde

Good to hear from you all.  Hi to jane.

jackwv, thanks for that helpful link.  Isn't she flexible, I'm jealous.   Great balance too.  I will have to practice, really good advice.  I crossed my fingers that its compatible and downloaded Hyperlapse.  Have to go out now but will check it over later.

RAMMEL of course, I should have said the model, thanks. The name of my phone is Vodafone Smart Prime 6, its an Android version 5.0.2.  I bought it last year so its not the latest but it works well so far and I want to explore its capabilities.

jane

The iOS. 9.3 downloaded fine to my Ipad and I chose not to put a passcode in.  My husband's 9.3 downloaded and we again chose no passcode, BUT the opening screen insists we put in the passcode.  Since we don't have one, we're locked out.  I've called Support, got a lovely woman and we had to hook the IPAD up to my laptop with the charging cord and connect to Itunes and the Ipad will be wiped, a new 9.3 installed and then the Ipad restored. 

It's doing all that now, and Apple is to call me back in an hour.

Jane

Kelly

Hi Rammel
Any news on the IPhone 7?

Will it be as other years a September launch.  Though thy don't come in the UK phone shops until late October and later still on the Isle of Man.

Kelly

RAMMEL

Kelly,

I don't usually keep up on Apple stuff. I'm more into PC's and their associated stuff, and electronics, electrics, mechanics.  I think Apple originally made their products for users, not hobbyists. That scared some away.
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

Kelly

Hi Ramnel
Thanks

I have a MacBook Pro, IPad mini and the phone.

Kelly

Jakkims

Just checking in - or maybe it should be iCheckin?  :coolsmiley:

Kelly

I wonder if we check in during the morning if we check out at night :

Kelly

so_P_bubble

Would someone know how to erase the stored messages of Skype on a I-Pad?
Apple is so different than a PC that I cannot figure how.

so_P_bubble

Sato

I join here.  Thanks for RAMMEL's efforts.
jane, when do Skype, can we make a group on iPad?  And how about showing an image on screen?  With computer we can enjoy two of these functions.
Photos and Videos are my Hobbies. (S.Sato)

so_P_bubble

I wonder if there is a Print screen on a I-Pad.

Kelly

Hi Bubble
I use my smartphone and IPad to print, but the printer need to be an air printer, I think that is the name.

Kelly

jane

I don't do Skype, but there may be others here who would enjoy a skype Ipad group.

Jane

Kelly

JeanneP

I don't do Skype either. The people have to be on their computers the same time. so have to arrange it. Some people do it at the same time daily. Daughter does it with her daughter so GC can come on.
JeanneP

Jakkims

Quote from: so_P_bubble on April 04, 2016, 04:19:33 AM
I wonder if there is a Print screen on a I-Pad.
You can print from an iPad but you have to have a suitable printer. I bought a printer that was marketed as one that would print from an iPad but I found out (too late) that it can only print photos from an iPad - nothing else. So if you are going to buy a suitable printer make sure that it will be able to print everything that you want.

Sato

The former Skype forum has been disappeared.  Does anyone know where it is located? 
I'd like to know if we can show a screen image to our group members during talking over Skype on our iPads.

Kelly

Hi Jakkims
I think I said yesterday that to print from a smartphone or IPad as I do you, then you need an air printer.  And wireless as well.

I can print documents as well.

Kelly

RAMMEL

Printing?  Trouble printing?

You can usually just send it (the image) to another device that you know how to print from.
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

Sato

Quote from: Kelly on March 31, 2016, 09:55:42 PM
I have a MacBook Pro, IPad mini and the phone.
Hi Kelly, I also use a MacBook Pro Retina and iPad mini (2013 version, a bit old).  Do you use Skype? I'm interested in "group Skype" and "image sharing on Skype screen".  I'd like to know how we can practice these two ways on iPad devices.  On computers we can do both.

Kelly

Hi Sato
I don't use Skype or Facebook or Instagram!

kelly

Sato

Kelly

Hi Sato
I used Messenger years ago. 

Never got into using Skype and I doubt I will use Facebook

Kelly

JeanneP

I have a feeling may be needing a new lpad soon. This one is 4 years old.

I get this coming up at the moment.
http 400(bad request error) failed to retrieve cashed fulfilment request. I have no idea what that means.
JeanneP