Random Image

IMG_1599~photo-full.jpg

Owner: donklan
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:21:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

FYI: Server Move

Started by Oldiesmann, July 25, 2018, 03:04:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sasha

From Bait & Tackle this morning:
There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.
- Albert Einstein

Sasha

When I used the Back button there to try again, the screen rolled back to my post, but the Post button was frozen.
There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.
- Albert Einstein

Oldiesmann

The "\x92" character is a character that isn't supported by the current database encoding. Make sure you're using a regular apostrophe instead. I can convert the database to support that later, but it will take a bit of time.

Sasha

Thx. I will go try it.

...with best wishes from the iPhone that caused it.
- Albert Einstein

JeanneP

As usual i am  a little confused  as to what you are changing but so far all is working the same It is great that we have you taking care if S and F  thanks.
JeanneP

Vanilla-Jackie

Oldiesmann..
...now I am back where I started...it wont allow me to post again in Follow That Name...It did when I tried yesterday but not now...same message is coming up as before...
" There is no present like the time "

angelface555

Jackie that's what I meant when I said the error messages were arbitrary. Sometimes it works and then it doesn't

I'm hoping Michael is able to replicate the error and fix it.

Vanilla-Jackie

Oh what has happened to my personal signature? what are those strange letters - at the start of " you are amazing " and  " I surround myself? and before " anon? " they are not there when I go into my profile, nor have I altered anything...so where did they spring from?  ???

AngelFace...
...I am beginning to think you maybe right....strange things seem to be happening...its becoming a hit or miss..

Marilyne

Jackie - I've been wondering about that strange looking cryptic code, that comes before your signature! :D ;D

RAMMEL

Jackie,

What should we see before - you are amazing ?
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

Oldiesmann

Quote from: Vanilla-Jackie on July 29, 2018, 03:37:28 PM
Oh what has happened to my personal signature? what are those strange letters - at the start of " you are amazing " and  " I surround myself? and before " anon? " they are not there when I go into my profile, nor have I altered anything...so where did they spring from?  ???

AngelFace...
...I am beginning to think you maybe right....strange things seem to be happening...its becoming a hit or miss..

Something must have gotten messed up in the transfer. You can fix it by going into your profile and editing your signature.

Also I'm going to be out of town tomorrow (Monday) and most of Tuesday but will try to check in from my phone from time to time.

Vanilla-Jackie

Oh it wont even let me come back to modify my above post...message comes up it has already been posted...How strange, it would allow me to modify this post but not the above post....

Rammel...we should be seeing just quote signs, "  " before and after each sentence...

Oldiesmann...this is strange, just one of the strange signs is now showing up in my profile signature but not the other two , weren't before...I am now going to attempt to get rid of it in my profile...

Edited: yes that one has gone but the other two aren't showing so I cant delete them until they show up....hope you are all following this? as even I cant make much sense of it either...seems everything has taken on a mind of its own...a kindof, will it or wont it...or quoting Angelface " revolving "

so_P_bubble

Vanilla, I managed to change the " at the beginning of your second quote but the end " would not bulge!

Michael for that last strange symbol, it said:

Incorrect string value: '\x9D ~ An...' for column 'signature' at row 1
File: /var/www/vhosts/seniorsandfriends.org/public_html/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 546

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 2.0.15, while your database is at version 2.0.11. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

Vanilla-Jackie

Bubble, thank you...two down with just one to go... :thumbup:

so_P_bubble

I had the most awful time trying to post in the new Soda Shoppe page.

Database Error
Incorrect string value: '\x93I hav...' for column 'body' at row 1
File: /var/www/vhosts/seniorsandfriends.org/public_html/Sources/Subs-Post.php
Line: 1830

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 2.0.15, while your database is at version 2.0.11. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

This message kept appearing and even after erasing my post and trying something else it kept saying: you already posted!  Maddening - especially early in the wee hours of morning.

Michael, can you find and fix???  I know it is puzzling...  Thanks!

Sorry Shoppers, only one joke this time as it would not accept any of the others I tried.

Vanilla-Jackie

Bubble...
...yes this is becoming a hit or miss for me also...the other day it allowed me to post in " Follow that Name " when I attempted to post in there soon after, it wouldn't allow me, again same previous message came up... 

jane

Incorrect string value: '\x93terri...' for column 'body' at row 1
File: /var/www/vhosts/seniorsandfriends.org/public_html/Sources/Subs-Post.php
Line: 1830

Above even with no apostrophes.  I did have quotation marks but took them out and it still would not in Bosom Buddies.  I tried here, and then took those punctuation marks out and I will see if it posts here.

Oldiesmann

I did some work on the database and I think it's fixed now, but I still have no idea what the problem was. I re-imported all the old messages from the other server and I still got an error when trying to do something with the database, so I'm not sure where the problem was. I had to hack things up a bit to get past that point but it should be working now without any errors.

jane

so_P_bubble

Keeping my fingers crossed.   Bravo Michael, you did a great job :)

angelface555

I have had a problem twice today. I posted a comment, went to correct it and wasn't allowed to. It gave me a red message posting the message area was blank! If I canceled, it went back to the previous unedited post. The only way to correct was to copy the corrected message, use the remove message feature, then open a new reply box and post the corrected message there!

so_P_bubble

Is that when you clicked the go back arrow instead of the modify button?

angelface555

I don't remember, however, probable as I generally only use modify when I'm coding.

angelface555

That same issue happened just now when I was using modify in a B&T post so I do not believe it matters.

Oldiesmann

Next time it happens copy or take a screenshot of the error message you get so I can see what's going on