Random Image

AZ MAY 2004 (72).JPG

Owner: donklan
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:30:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Bosom Buddies

Started by Pat, March 29, 2016, 01:17:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SharonE

Hi Gals,  Bubble, wouldn't that be fun to meet in person and in Israel.  I have met many of the former Sr Netters and Bosom Buddies and it's always special.  My husband went on the same trip 2 yrs ago and found it very spiritual and uplifting.  Of course, I would have liked to accompany him, but between my back and my knees, I was unable to do the required walking.  I am just now recovering from a knee replacement and my back is somewhat better, so maybe sometime in the future I will be able to make the trip.  Where, specifically, do you live?

I've been busy this AM too. I fixed aa bigger breakfast than usual, dressed, did my PT, organized all my meds and supplements, took care of some business, and am not just getting in here.  We got our gas bill today! OMG!  I have had such a time of being cold due to my thyroid problems, we've kept the thermostat set at 75 during the daytime. Consequently, our bill was $199!!  I sure hope my new thyroid starts showing results soon.

Sue, my tax sstuff is coming in too, but I will have to download a questionnaire from our accountant's web site, fill it out when  I get everything, and then submit it to the accountant.  I hate doing that, but at least I don't have the responsibility of filling out the tax forms and bear the burden if it's wrong.  I keep a folder for all the receipts, etc that are tax deductible throughout the year and then add the end of the year statements, so I don't have to scavenge for things.  You're lucky to have Tim to help you with all of it.  I don't know if John will help me this year or not. At one point, he said he needed to learn what I did since he has taken over the finances, but I don't know if he will.  Normally, I would begin on it next week when he is in HH for the tournament, so I need to check with him.

I imagine Mary's been swimming and coffeeing and Jane has been walking and washing, their usual Monday activities.

I did two loads yesterday, so just have to fold later today.   Hi to all. Have a good day.  Sharon

so_P_bubble

Sharon, I live on the coast: Netanya, a touristic town with the best beach.

SharonE

Bubbles, I'll have to look that up on John's map.  Since this is the pastor's tour, there are set places to go, all with religious significance, so doubt that it would stop there unless it is near something, but I have no idea whether my back will get strong enough to do extensive walking or not.  The ortho also says I need my other knee replaced within a year or two, so it doesn't look real likely I'll get there.  I'm just glad I got to see Jerusalem and Bethlehem on an excursion from a cruise ship back in 1992, but it was only for a few hours. Better than nothing though.

Our rain finally stopped although the clouds are really threatening, but I took the chance to take my fuzzy friend for our short walkie.  I went 2 houses more, so I'm progressing.  Sharon

jane

We’re back from having the car serviced, stopped in Brownsville for some grocery shopping, and then went to a fav place for supper.

We’re both tired tonight, even though we didn’t do anything, except driving  and waiting for the car to be serviced, etc.

Jane

SCFSue

Good morning, Buddies.  My cleaning ladies arrived about 8:00 and were their usual energetic selves.  They changed my sheets, dusted all the furniture, damp mopped all my floors (everything is hardwood except the 2 bathrooms and the family room which have tile floors) and were out of here in less than an hour.  They were on their way to my back yard neighbor Libba's home after mine. 

It's colder here this morning than it has been.  I will bundle up shortly and walk outside for about 30 minutes and plan to spend most of my after lunch time reading.  I still have several books I picked up at the library to finish and will hopefully get one done today--I didn't sleep well last night, so might nap a short while, too.

Sharon, Tim has been keeping a file on all my tax stuff and has talked to my accountant who will prepare it for me.  So I'm good there, except I hate to pay taxes!  Sherrill, the accountant, also arranges for me to pay the tax bill in quarterly payments, so I'm not hit all at once.  My property tax is not high--Alabama provides a discount for those over 75, and I paid that fee in December.  I'm expecting the property tax to go up next year, though, as my property has recently been re-assessed at a higher rate.

Bubble, I'm always happy to see your smiling face here.  I can't remember if I told you how much I enjoyed the pictures you showed of your home and the beach below this past year.  I envy you for the lovely beach and sunny skies!

Jane, you had a busy day yesterday.  I hope you have lovely sunny weather today and can enjoy the outdoors.

Take care, Buddies, and I hope you enjoy some sunshine today!
Sue

SharonE

Good morning, Gals.  I'm having a relaxing day today. I did PT & walked yesterday + some business, etc. I still have stuff I could do if I can get myself in gear, but nothing urgent. John's off to bridge.

Sue, enjoy your clean house, your book, and your nap.

Jane, I hate to take the car in. I need a 30,000 mile checkup, but it is going to cost almost $500 at Toyota + take 4 hours. Not sure whether I'll get it or not.

It's to be a high of 45 here and sunny.  I like the sun but wish it were warmere.

Hi to all.  Have a good day.  Sharon

jane

Sharon....HOLY COW, that's a lot of $$ for a 30,000 checkup.  I guess ours have all been covered for 3yrs  on Ray's car or 36,000 miles and 4 yrs or 50,000 on mine.  OF course, it's whichever comes first.  This was the 20,000 mile oil change and whatever else on Ray's volvo yesterday and no charge at all.

Sue...I hate tax time, too, and we also pay quarterly estimates because we didn't sign up to have withholding taken out of our SS checks.  I'm afraid to try and change that now, so we do the quarterly, but since Iowa stopped also making us pay state income tax on our SS, we don't have to do state estimates.  It seems they get you coming and going.

Ray's off golfing and the laundry lady has come by and exchanged our towels, so I'm needing to get ready to go out for a walk as I think my hair is about dry.  I hate using a blow dryer and so I try to let it dry by itself.

I need to go over to the Commons area and get filtered water and then get outside for a walk.

jane

maryz

Hi, Gals!

Did the usual Monday stuff yesterday.  We came in next to last at bridge last night - seems to be our usual position.  My partner called and I'm going to play with her again on Friday afternoon.  Hope we do better then. Silver Sneakers this morning, but that's it for today.  I've got a busy week again this week.

Sorry to disagree, ladies, but I'm happy to pay my taxes.  I'm glad that I have enough money to be taxed.  And that's how the government provides the things that only a government can do - like schools, roads, military, taking care of the needy, etc.  Admittedly there are things I don't agree with, but on the whole, I consider it a privilege.  I'm lucky, too, to have a great gal to do my taxes for me.  I've never done it, and it's certainly not something I want to take up now.

The grounds keepers were out yesterday, and trimmed back the crepe myrtles along my walkway and the scraggly rosebushes.  Everything looks pretty naked now, but it'll be so much better in the spring.

They're talking snow again later in the week - not much, but still.  Crazy weather!

Happy Tuesday, Buddies!
"When someone you love dies, you never quite get over it.  You just learn how to go on without them. But always keep them safely tucked in your heart."

SharonE

Jane, the reason it is so much is that my car is a 2011 and no longer on warranty but I only have 32,000 miles on it.  I use it for groceries and doctor's appts and church primarily.  John drives his a lot more going to all the bridge games and tournaments.However, I'm going to see what all they do and try to compare it with some place else and see if it is cheaper.  Since I don't drive it a lot, it will probably be my last car and I want it to last.

Mary, hope your Friday bridge game is better. One never knows.  As to taxes, as long as they are reasonable, I don't mind them. I just hate the process of organizing everything and getting it to the accountants.

Sharon

JeanneP

Sue. It must really be something seeing those Cleaners do your house. All that getting clean in less than a hour. I still aim to find someone in the Spring. Will never get a deal like your. Last quote I got was 2 women and what I asked was very little and said $75 Had i asked for the rest I would have been looking ad $300. Will be happy to pay that but not to them. Get all areas done and then use every 2 to 3 weeks to keep up.
Cold today as I went to the Store. Suppose to be 45 tomorrow.
JeanneP

jane

Mary....you're right about the taxes; my Dad, who lived through the depression as an adult, said he was always glad he made enough to pay taxes. [It bugs me no end when our lovely former Governor, now ambassador to China, got tax breaks through the State Senate and Rep. to lower taxes on businesses to the extent there is now no money for the schools, the mental health facilities, etc.  He closed those and then privatized Medicaid, so people are really hurting...not getting the services they need, etc.  POLITICIANS!!!]

Nothing else new here...more mid 70s to 80 degrees for the rest of the week, the weatherguy says.  We'll take it!

jane

Cottoncandy

Good morning Buddies...we are enjoying nice warm weather also as Jane posted...lots of flu in our town....mostly kids at school passing it to one another....talking about vehicles..my truck only has 22 thousand mikes on it but will have it 3 years in March...I would like to trade it in for a small SUV....but don't know much about choosing one...always had pickups....I really hope to get someone to do deep spring cleaning for me especially my windows....I think I can get it done for $100.....which is cheap enough...hope everyone is well and have a great Wednesday...I plan to walk when it warms up a little more...Darlene

SCFSue

Good morning, Buddies.  I slept late this morning and it's almost 11:00 and I haven't been outside to walk yet.  It's sunny, but windy and pretty chilly--low 40's I think.  I'll just bundle up and walk briskly and will stay warm enough.  I'm going as soon as I finish here at S&F.  I don't post much at the other forums, but do check some of them just to see how others are doing.

Sharon, I don't have to pay more than a token amount when I have my car serviced at the local Toyota place--so what's up with yours?  I'm assuming my USAA insurance might pay some of it, but that's just a guess.  However, my Corolla is a 2010 but doesn't have a lot of mileage on it.  It is only driven once or twice a week now when Tim and I go out to lunch and/or grocery shopping.  Bill is coming next week for 4 or 5 days and we will probably use my car to go out as he'll be driving his truck.

My SS income is small because I worked in so many different school districts and was never paid an adequate salary until the last 10 years.  But hey, every $ counts!  I have some good investments--never took my full salary here in Alabama as the Teacher's Retirement System has/had a good investment program and I put 3/4 of my salary into it as Bob's retirement from the Navy was certainly adequate for our needs then.  Unfortunately the TRS is trying to pay me the investments now according to what they think my life expectancy is and Tim and I keep trying to find other investments to place that money in.  If I should need to have home nursing or go to a facility we want that money there to help out.

Jane, I agree that politicians do things to improve their financial status and to He** toothpicks to the rest of us!  I just thank goodness that we were finally able to elect someone honest (and a Democrat) to the U.S. Senate instead of that snake Roy Moore who has been twice sanctioned by the Alabama Supreme Court for malfeasance of office!  This is the first Democrat elected in Alabama in almost 35 years!

Our local Congressman is a real Dud--I have often sent him letters on issues I would like him to address.  I gave up the last time I wrote on a military retirement issue.  He had his office send me a letter regarding my letter--and on the same day I received one which said he agreed with my view, I also received on which said he disagreed with my view and must vote against the legislation!  What a jerk!

Mary, I'm not against taxes totally, but it's just the way Alabama misuses them--and places extra taxes on gasoline and groceries as well so that those who are working in low income jobs need financial help from other sources.  My church has an organization which makes small loans to people who fall behind on rent or have unexpected medical costs--and gives special rates so those people can catch up.  It's tough for lots of people who must work at minimum wage and raise a family.  BTW, I only had to pay $770 for my home and large lot this year because of my age.  Of course I could have paid more, but this is what Alabama does and it is a help to those who have a lower income.   My insurance company (USAA) raised the rate on my home insurance, though, as to replace my home would be higher than what it's presently assessed at. 

Well, enough ranting today, Buddies!  I need to get outside and walk before it's time to fix lunch.

Have a good day, Every Buddy.
Sue

maryz

Well, I do have to agree that getting all the tax stuff together is a pain - as is writing those checks.   ;D  And, although my rent here seems high, I don't have all the expenses involved with home ownership or the headaches involved with getting things done.  We all have different needs, likes, and dislikes, don't we.

Darlene, last summer when I thought I might have to get another car, I had the kind all picked out.  Like you, I wanted a small SUV - for the ease of getting in and out.  Since I have a Nissan Altima now, which I have found very satisfactory, I was most interested in a Nissan Rogue.  My friend, Tina, who was here last week had one of the larger Rogues rented, so I got to ride in it.  It was very comfortable - at least as a passenger.  My advice would be just to drive several of them and see which one "fits" your body and seems most comfortable to you.  That's how I found my Nissan (in 2005).  Good luck.

Swimming, coffee and mani/pedi for me this morning - that's it for the day.  Doctor's appointment tomorrow.

Glad you're getting some seasonal temperatures, jane.  They're talking here about rain/snow mix again early Friday morning, which may cancel my trip to the Y, and then again on Monday morning.

"When someone you love dies, you never quite get over it.  You just learn how to go on without them. But always keep them safely tucked in your heart."

SCFSue

I meant to mention this morning that when I was still driving, I took my car down to a local tire company which had mechanics there every 3 months and had my tires rotated, oil changed and any other little thing that they might recommend and it only cost $36.  That was an incredible bargain.  Since Tim has been driving me in my car, he's been taking it to the place he uses and the price is the same.  I have had to take it twice to the Toyota place for check ups on things Toyota Company, not the local business, recommended.  I don't remember paying for those at all.  Sharon, I think you got a raw deal!  Unless they had to replace a lot of parts!

Sue

jane

The Mexican Fiesta today that the complex did was great and very full.  They had tamales, tacos, enchilades, beans, guacamole, rice, salad and lots of desserts.  We were impressed.  Then we were told they do another Winter Texans dinner next month....usually shrimp! 

The walk on the beach this morning was delightful....warm and a gentle breeze off the Gulf.

Jane

maryz

Oh, jane, how I would loved to have joined you for that delicious-sounding buffet!

Sharon, please tell me about your Alexa.  I'm considering getting one - just for the music and radio options.

Lovely do-nothing, cloudy morning here.  I have leave for a doctor's appointment about my feet around noon.  It's at the big downtown hospital complex.  I haven't been there in years, and I'm dreading it - even though I know they have valet parking, and it won't be nearly as bad as I fear.  This doc did surgery on my foot 15 years ago, and my toes have started to deform pretty severely, and to hurt.  So we'll see what he says needs to be done - if anything.  Can you tell I'm not happy about any of this???

joyous

MaryZ: I went downstairs this morning to pay my Feb. rent for my Senior Living
apartment, which is now in the 2300 + category.  That is a BIG chunk to pay.
Is that about what your place costs? I know you have told me before, but "the mind
has aged" with the rest of me. ::)
Joy

maryz

Joy, I pay more than that for my independent living, 880sq ft apartment.  It includes 3 meals/day, housekeeping once a week, changing and laundering sheets and towels, transportation (if needed), etc.  Yours sounds reasonable - at least not knowing what services/meals it includes.

SCFSue

Good morning, Buddies.  This will be a quickie as I'm going out to lunch at the Chik'n Salad Chik at 11:00--and we will play bridge there after we eat.  Peggy, our hostess, lives up at the lake and she has not regained strength after a lengthy bout with the flu though is not contagious.  So we're happy to eat there and play bridge.  We've missed the last 2 times because of weather and illness.

Jane, your Mexican Fiesta sounds yummy--one of my favorite meals!  Woo Hoo on a nice walk on the beach, too!

Mary, I hope your trip to the doctor works out OK.  Foot pain sounds pretty awful--and I hope he has a remedy.  I have Spectrum TV which has about a dozen music channels--and I turn to that most evenings when there are no basketball games or movies I wish to watch.  I'm mostly a news junkie and Hallmark movie fan.  I love the happy endings to those movies.  I used to watch mostly TCM movies, but since last fall they are rerunning 40's B&W's which are good, but which I've seen numerous times.

Joy, what a pain to get a notice that your assisted living has gone up so much.  I'm wondering what it might cost here.  So far I'm making out OK at home alone with Tim's visits twice a week and 2 cleaning ladies every other week.  They change my sheets, dust all the furniture, clean the bathrooms, and damp mop my floors--which are all hard wood except for my family room which is tile.  They work for a franchise, Molly Maids, and clean several of my friends' homes, too.  The charge is $99 per cleaning and Tim and I decided I can afford that.

I'm almost ready for Olyne's pick up for the luncheon at 11:00.  So I'm going to check my other forums and read for a bit.

Have a good day, Every Buddy.
Sue

Marilyn

Good Morning Buddies.  I am finally back. My computer went into the shop and they had to p;ull out the hard drive, to back up my  files then reinstall a clean version of Windows 10, put all my files back into my computer and I got it back yesterday, minus an arm and a leg I brought it  home and started downloading my programs, I still have my PSP program to install.

Today is hospital vist day for Freckles and I,  yesterday a friend and I went to the schools to schedule the furry friend scholol programs for ech one. I still have one my school to go to on Monday.

I will try to catch up on the reading to see what I have missed.

maryz

Marilyn, I know you're glad to be back in the regular routine.  You've been missed.  It's great to have the computer back, although we hate to part with the $ .

I saw the orthopedist specializing in feet, and it looks like we're going to solve my foot/feet problems once and for all (I hope).  He asked how "aggessive" I wanted him to be, and I said "not much".  After much exam and conversation, the recommendation is to remove all the toes on the left foot ("donate them to science"), and to fuse the 4th and 5th toes on the right foot (where there is a developing pressure sore). He says it will require maybe 2 weeks in a foot walking cast on the left foot, and just a pressure bandage on the right.  I have to have a doppler to measure the pulses in my feet, but then we can set up a schedule.  This sounds like a good solution to me.

SharonE

Glad you're back with us, Marilyn. I saw on FB that you were having problems.  Computers!  You can't  get along without them and you can't get along with them--like some men!!   ;D

Mary, I'm so sorry you're having so much problem with your feet.  Mine are somewhat deformed also, but the don't hurt, thank goodness.  It just makes it impossible to get decent looking shoes and definitely not heels, but few ladies our age weaR heels anymore.

Sue, I haven't taken my car in yet. I talked to them and asked them to send me an email listing all the things they would do for that price. So far, I haven't received it.  I plan to compare with Goodyear and some of the other places before I spend that much. Sue, I think $100 is a lot for an hour's work by your cleaning lady.  I pay mine $20/hr and she is usually here 3 or 4 hours depending on what I have her do. She does most of the same things yours does.

Joy, 2300 is cheap in comparison with the places around here.  Thank your lucky stars.

Bunny has another health problem.  Her salivary gland is draining into the area under her chin. Right now, it isn't bothering her, but it can affect her breathing if it fills up and presses on her larynx.  They are suggesting I have that salivary gland removed and I have to take her to a specialty animal hospital for that. There are two in Charlotte, so I'm going to call them and compare prices and see if we want to do that. The alternative is to have them drain the area periodically with a syringe, but that risks infection.  I swear we have spent more money on Bunny than on all the dogs we have ever had! She is almost 10 yrs old, so that enters into it to, but we love her so much, so we'll just have to weigh the options.

I'm just back from the grocery store and am pooped.  Sharon

Oh my, Mary!  That sounds pretty aggressive to me, but if it solves your pain problems, then I guess I would go for it. Two weeks in a walking cast doesn't sound too bad.  How soon would you have it done?  All my best wishes  for a successful surgery and quick relief from the pain.  Anything that takes away the pain is agood thing.  I have so much all the time and apparently no solution.

maryz

Sharon, like you, I don't much care what my feet look like, as long as they don't hurt.  But from what he says, the skin around the toes are starting to "break down", which can cause major problems.  And they are starting to hurt.  So I guess it's time.  I'm having the Doppler test next Wednesday, so I'd guess not too much longer after that.

Tell me about your Alexa - how ae you using that?  I'm most interested in listening to NPR and music, but guess I'd find other things to use it for, if I get one.

jane

Joy...that’s cheaper than anything in our area, too. 

Marilyn...glad the computer is fixed and you are back.

GinnyAnn...how are you doing?  We miss you.

Mary....hope this procedure will give you relief.

Beautiful day here...82...and a wind out of the south.  We did a long walk today...drove down to an access point and then walked to the end of the island...or the “jetties” as they call them....kind of a short breakwater the separates the Brownsville shipping channel from the Gulf.  Lots of fishermen on the elevated thing.  We stopped to rest once on the way down, but made it back without a break.

We were stopped as we came ip the access by a fellow we knew from old condo!  They’d left, too, over the rental policy changes and had planned to spend a month in a motel.  He laughed and said 12 days was enough...and he’d just moved them into a condo for Feb.  a high-end place, which I gather is all that’s open on one floor for Feb.

We drove over to the bay side and had lunch at a place called the Painted Marlin...bright colors and opened to the Laguna Madre Bay. 

Then over to PI for groceries.  Now back to rest and read.

Jane

joyous

Sue and All:
I think there is some misunderstanding about my living place. I do not live in Assisted
Living----I live in Independent Living, which is not as expensive as Assisted because
we don't require the care that is needed in Assisted Living. At present my "rent" is
$2300 (Plus another $30 for an around-the-neck necklace  for calling the desk if I fall and they need tp come to see about me. ::)
So far I have not needed to use it, but only one time I pressed the button by mistake
and they came right up.  (I was embarrassed)
Joy

JeanneP

On assisted living . We have some really nice ones here but I believe around $2900 to $3500 is the cost. Sort of like Mary's service.
I am hoping I can carry on O.K once I can find a good Cleaner, Yard man in the summer. Keep driving. I just could not go the Eating in a dining room with people. Eating other peoples cooking and Set times. I am not really a joiner So never have played bridge. Also lived alone 53 years and grew up pretty much only child. Never feel like I get lonely.
But time will tell.  I know people who love living in them But most had never been on their own and married for years but husband passed. It is good that now these place are a choice. Never use to hear of them years ago. All we had were nursing homes.
JeanneP

maryz

My place here is mostly assisted living, but there  are a few independent-living apartments (like mine). I don't wear a pendant, but most of the other residents have them.  I don't participate in many of the activities here, since I still drive and have activities that I do outside.  I love not having to deal with taking care of a house, and having someone else fix my meals. And, if I want to have something else, I have the option to do that. The inclusion of all meals is not an option here (it is at some places), so I'm sure that has a bearing on the fees.  Also, as a resident needs more services, the fees would increase. It was a good decision for me.

joyous

MaryZ and all:
Williamsburg (where I live in independent living ) offers 2 meals a day ---breakfast
I never go down for that ) and lunch  (the big meal of the day). There is no supper
served except for those in Assisted Living.  I always have sandwich fixings, and
soup (my favorite)etc. for supper in my room. Included in the rental fee -------
maid service once a week (beds changed, bathrooms and kitchens cleaned , dusting
and mopping (the kitchen and bathroom-----(carpet in rest of the apartment). 
public library comes every 2 weeks with a good assortment of books to take out,
a lot of activities (including church services weekly).  A podiatrist for care of feet
comes about every 4-6 weeks. Transportation for doctor visits is also included when
available and a activities director that plans for outings, etc. I have 3 daughters
who live here in Baton Rouge who bring me groceries (or take me to the store)
when needed.  There are about 240 apartments here.
Joy

SharonE

Joy and Mary, you both sound like you have ideal accomodations for each of you. If something happened to John, I'm sure I would look into it too.  My problem is that my kids are scattered and not really permanent where they are, so not sure how that would impact.  I think that if you are in a Senior living home that you need someone who can check on you and be sure the facility is what it should be.  Both of you have that.

Jeanne, if you can find the helpers you need and are happy at home, then more power to you.

Jane, it sounds like you had a lovely day yesterday, both in weather and activity.

Mary, I'm still no expert on Alexa.  I haven't connected Pandora yet, but need to.  You can also connect to Amazon. I'm not sure about NPR, etc.  I use mine a lot to remind me of things--like my evening meds, my PT, things in the kitchen, etc.  You can also greet her in the morning and she will give you a 5 min summary of the overnight news.  She will also give you to weather when asked.  Sometimes, when we miss the score of a ballgame, we ask her and she will give us specifics.  If we don't know when the next game is scheduled, she will tell us that.  She will also play trivia with you, answer obscure questions, tell jokes etc if asked.  If you tell her "Goodnight", she will respond with "Nighty-night, pleasant dreams" or similar.  Once you connect to it, you will get weekly emails of things she can do or answer.  It can even be set to make calls for you, although I don't do that.  I think you would enjoy her..

I need to get busy.  Sharon