Random Image

Wesley

Owner: Beverly
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:59:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Bosom Buddies

Started by Pat, March 29, 2016, 01:17:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cottoncandy

If you can read this..let me know....dont know how to do the font

Vanilla-Jackie

Cotton Candy...I can read it...When replying - posting, to enlarge your font...click on the large A with the red arrow to the left side, click on number 3 ( number 3 is my chosen choice ) although 4 if you wish to go higher...write in the centre of the two icons..
" There is no present like the time "

jane

It looks fine, Darlene.

I've tried to upload some screenshots to help people, but they don't want to upload. 

I hope everyone can figure it out, so I'll send the screenshots in email if anyone wants them.

Sharon....  When Ray went for blood work, they didn't have an order, woman called up, no order...so we left.  Doc herself called to say..."My mistake and apologized for not getting order in."   If he doesn't feel better tomorrow, he's to go up and get the blood work.  If he does, he'll get it the Friday after T'giving.

She thinks he'll be much better by Wed. when we're supposed to go to Chicago area for T'giving.  It would not break my heart if we stayed home.  There's too much "drama" there with the great nieces.

jane

SharonE

That really upsets me when the doctors screw things up. Both John and I have had problems laately.  If he has pneumonia, IMHO, I think he should forego the TG trip to Chicago. After all, he might infect them too, as well as slowing down his recovery.  Pneumonia isn't anything to mess with--especially with all of his other health problems.  John has had it twice and was really, really sick. I had a very mild case a couple years ago. Neither of us had to be hospitalized.   If you do go to Chicago, take it easy and slow.

We leave Tuesday for Indpls.  Home on Friday.

Darlene, I'm glad to see you were able to get logged in.

I went to the mall and couldn't find Wild Birds, so called after I got home and discovered it was in another row of businesses next to Starbucks.  I'll go tomorrow.  I did get to TJ Max's. I was looking for another Stone Mountain purse, but didn't find one. The one I have is brown and I wanted a black or gray for winter. I don't wear much brown.

Have a nice evening.  Sharon

jane

Sharon...I have been trying to get the trip is a bad idea across to him, and he's finally agreed.  We'll be home and can continue us to get well.  Whew! I am so relieved!

It was 15 here this morning.  I've put away the fall things I had out, so that's done. 

SharonE

Jane, I'm so glad Ray agreed to stay home!  Men can be so stubborn sometimes.  I probably ought to put my fall things up too since we will be decorating for Christmas when we get home.  I'm halfway packed, but know I will forget to take something. It is a lot easier to take stuff rather than mail it.

We went to church & SS and took 6 bags of groceries to put on the altar with loads more from everyone for our local Care Center. I just heard the washer ding, so need to put another load in.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you. I hope it has warmed up where you are.  I may not get in tomorrow & if not, it will be next Sat. before I post again.  Sharon

SCFSue

Good afternoon, Buddies.  I went to SS and church this morning.  Olyne picked me up.  We had a nice service and afterwards, many of our members went down to the area where we have receptions to have cake and punch and thank our outgoing employee who was in charge of getting teachers for Sunday School classes.  She has been employed by a local firm at much more pay.  I hope it will be a good solution for her.  Her oldest son is a freshman at AU this year and along with every other University, the fees are much higher than when our sons were students there.

Since coming home, I've been doing laundry and getting things out to take to the beach on Tuesday.  It's pretty chilly here, but not below freezing.  I hope it will be warmer in Gulf Shores.  Stacie and Alex will pick me up sometime Tuesday.  She's picking him up in Birmingham and will stop here to get me after that.  Jon will bring Nic from LSU and we'll also be joined by Stacie's mother and step-father who are coming from Arkansas.  They will have a condo in the same building.

I've been doing laundry and went over to my next door neighbor's house and left him a note to let him know that I'll be out of town until next Sunday.  He wasn't home, but a young man who is his friend had spent the night there and I left the note on his kitchen door as the friend was packing up to go home.  I'm hoping the young neighbor will pick up the newspaper if my carrier leaves it.  I've left a vacation notice at the newspaper office, but am not sure they'll stop the paper!

If I don't get back here before I leave for the Beach, have a nice Thanksgiving, either at home or with family.

Sue

joyous

:) Girls
I am having a hard time posting replies to your posts---what am I doing or not
doing wrong? For instance---To enlarge fonts----large A with red arrow (WHERE IS THE RED ARROW?????
 :) Missing from the first part of this sentence--What am I doing wrong?
RED ARROW??????

joyous

:thumbup: Please help me with this NEW way to Seniors & Friends.  For instance,
where is the large A with red arrowto left side?? I am lost as the proverable
"goose"Help!
Joy

joyous

Please get me on the RIGHT track for this new board!!!!
Joy in Baton Rouge, LA

Vanilla-Jackie

Joyous...when you click on the reply button and you are in your posting box, up above it you will see a longish grey strip just above the smileys faces...the blue A with red line to the side is in the centre of this grey strip, third grey box along...

Cottoncandy

I'm testing again...CC

jane

Joy....you're doing fine posting. 

Cc...good to see you got in ok.

Sharon and Sue....safe travel and enjoy your Thanksgiving with family.

Jane

maryz

Happy and safe travels to all!
"When someone you love dies, you never quite get over it.  You just learn how to go on without them. But always keep them safely tucked in your heart."

joyous

:-[ I am embarrassed that I am so unable to post and read posts as before.
Joy in Baton Rouge.  :(  :(

Vanilla-Jackie

Joyous...
...dont be, it was probably me who was complicating things, as Jane says, " you are doing fine posting..." please ignore my previous two posts...

SCFSue

Good morning, Buddies.  I'm up but haven't had breakfast yet.  I have everything I'm going to take to the beach packed and by the door to put into Stacie's car.  She called yesterday and is leaving New Orleans this morning to go to the beach.  The weather is pretty cool, but no rain in the forecast, so the drive down should be OK.  Her parents who are coming from Arkansas are going to pick up Alex in Birmingham and Jon will bring Nic when he gets home from LSU.  I have things to contribute to Thanksgiving dinner packed, plus a batch of oatmeal cookies.  I don't expect her until early afternoon. 

My cleaning ladies are coming tomorrow morning, so I'll have to leave a key outside so they can get in, plus put their check on my kitchen table.  Debbie who calls the day before to let me know what time they'll be here will be able to tell them where I put the key.

Joy, I'm not happy with the new print either.  I think I'm getting too old to deal with changes!  I hope we can all figure it out and be able to stay active here.  Will you be spending Thanksgiving with your daughters? 

Safe travels to all who will be traveling to join families for the holiday.  I'll probably be home next Sunday.

Sue

Cottoncandy

[Happy Thanksgiving to everyone Cc[/color][/size]

Cottoncandy

I can see the color didn't work...what am I doing wrong . Darlene

jane

Darlene...you need to do it like this...without the spaces...

[color=brown ]Happy Thanksgiving  [/ color]

and it'll show as

Happy Thanksgiving

Ray's slowly improving...and we're off to CR for my rheumatology blood work and appt. 

jane

jane

JOY...you're doing fine.  Keep posting, gals...we'll figure this dang thing out yet!

I just used  [ size=4] typed what I wanted and then [/ size] for this size 4

jane

I lost what else I'd posted.  Grrrr...

Let's try to beat this dang thing and figure it out.

Ray's doing better.  We're off to CR today for my rheumatology appt. He'll ride along.

jane

JeanneP

I have not been on s and F for a few days now. Something looks different.  Maybe I have taken to many cough syrup.

My new W10 computer still sitting on dining room table. Still need to get person to install. My cold and cough is not as bad but still not into being on computer much. Sleeping a lot. Think the meds I just stopped taking doing that. Of to Dr. at 1:30 today get a check up.
This windows 7 is still installing things everyother day.

Still so cold here. The 4 inch snow has gone. More coming on Friday they say. Will be staying in town over Thanksgiving. I have quit going anywhere over holidays. We were all together in Missouri for the wedding 3 weeks ago . I am amazed now as to how we all live so far from each other. All the children have grown to old to be traveling over holidays.

Going to see if I can figure out the change here. What ever was done I seem to like it..
JeanneP

Marilyn

Howdy from Oregon. Well things have develped here since I last posted. Keith had abdominal surgery on October 30 after developing sepis after the prostate surgery. He will be coming home today with Home Health taking care of his wound vac, he will be going daily to the Hospital infusion center to get his daily  special antibiotic that was delivered there from Mayo Clinic to OHSU In Portland then local. I just hope I can take care of him at home this time and he  won't be a danger to himself or his Wound Vac. Please send up lots of prayers. God has answered  many praywrs regarding Keith, he is still alive, The drs gave him 48 hours to improve or  it was DNR. That was when he was in ICU.

Cottoncandy

Cottoncandy

Hooray..it worked...CC

joyous

My problem seems to be with getting to the REPLY button----I seem to not be able
to get to it.
Joy :(

joyous

Vanilla-Jackie

Well-done,  :thumbup: now try using the B for BOLD button as well, then type in the centre...it brings the writing up to look thicker and more clearer to read..

maryz

Good heavens, Marilyn - there just keeps getting more and more things to deal with.
 I hope he does well at home with the home health services.  Take care of yourself, too.

I think I'm going to be able to play bridge tonight.  My partner is going to pick me up.
 I've just decided to stop driving in the dark or heavy rain altogether - just can't see well enough. We probably won't be playing much duplicate during the holidays - one or both of us may be out of town.
"When someone you love dies, you never quite get over it.  You just learn how to go on without them. But always keep them safely tucked in your heart."