Random Image

IMG_1596~photo-full.jpg

Owner: donklan
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:52:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe Week of May 1

Started by JoanFL, May 01, 2016, 04:26:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoanFL

SODA SHOPPE
for week of May 1

Click for Melbourne, Florida Forecast

JoanFL

Good Sunday morning, Everyfriend, on this first day of May.  There's Eggs Benedict to go with your coffee or tea.  Have a blessed Sunday.

Thanks to Phyllis for her lovely “May” graphic creation which we are using this week.

Chuckles

Unruly

The mother of three notoriously unruly youngsters was asked whether or not she'd have children if she had it to do over again.

"Sure," she replied, "but not the same ones."

Food For Thought

I Start Here…
Author Unknown

Lord, time is so precious.
Time to heal and be healed,
time to sort myself out, to understand,
to get it all together, to see your hand.
Where does each day go?
So fast, like a mountain stream,
so past, like a distant dream,
so lost, before we know, so time seems to flow.
So there’s no time to be lost,
I start here, this very moment,
I begin my prayer for healing here and now.
I lay the foundations with renewed heart
as stone by stone a wall is laid,
so prayer by prayer my hope is made
for a fresh start with you, Lord.
Amen

Thought of the Day

“You have two hands.  One to help yourself, the second to help others.”

~Author Unknown

:smitten:

Amy

Good morning everyone.

Didn't want to wake up this early but it happened, I think a nap this afternoon may be in order. Even the dogs are still asleep!!

A day of rest here, may play in the sewing room for a bit. Just have to mitre the corners on the one quilt and then I can start another. :thumbup:

Jackie, love beets,can make a meal out of them.

Joan, thank you for breakfast and I love Phyllis's graphics for May

Enjoy your day everyone.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JoanFL

Good morning, Amy.  I wish I could sleep later, but I just can't so I'll try to catch a nap this afternoon.

Vanilla-Jackie

Amy, no chance of dogs asleep here, Its our Benji who I often hear on the nightime prowl....I am the one who gets out of bed around the 5am'ish mark to let them out....

I like that term.." the sewing room..." sadly i got rid of my sewing machine just before we moved, it is only now I am missing it, could do with taking up a couple of skirt hems but my right hand is not what it used to be, so even with that I would be struggling.....

Yes I saved my beets, cant have a good salad without them.... ;)

Good morning Joan, and all who are soon to follow, Janes S and Lloyd Hammond.....Joan I have not read todays goodies but am on my way to the patio.....I cant help thinking about Gloria, I can imagine she by now is pulling her hair out with frustration, re, having to wait so long to get up and running with her computer company.......

Joan just read your today thought...oh yes I do have two hands but as I just mentioned one is now getting pretty useless.....
" There is no present like the time "

Kelly

Good morning everyone from a wet Isle of Man

Kelly

phyllis

I was up early, too.  4:45 AM.  Definitely a nap this afternoon.  Thanks, Amy.  I'm glad you like it.
phyllis
Cary,NC

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone,
cute Line,but not being a mother I cant say,but i would have the same ones, I however would in some places be easier on the and other tougher, but all in all I had great  children. Have a great day everyone.

Lloyd

Vanilla-Jackie

Phyllis, you know I love birds and ( teapots )  ;D just wish I had your birds here in my back garden, just cant sem to attract any, not even with my nice new wooden birdfeeder...... apart from a pheasant and a big black Rook, which would not normally enter a back garden, so why it comes to mine is a mystery....

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  The temp is already 59º but NOT on the way up.  It's supposed to rain all day and the temps will be going down into into the mid 40s with rain predicted all day.  I thought some of you were going to grab that rain when I shoved it your way?  You must have missed and it bounced right back here.

I'll be off to feed the doggies and get ready for church soon.  Today is my turn to read the lesson.  After church I'll join friends for coffee hour and then make a stop at WM on the way home.  I bought a shirt to wear to work as the weather warms and it's too small.  The same size I usually wear but it must be cut smaller.

I wish you all a good day filled with whatever your heart desires!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

JoanFL

Good morning Vanilla-Jackie.  I am sure you're right that Gloria is pulling her hair out. 

Good morning, Kelly.

Phyllis--Good morning.  I am sure I'll be having a nap today, too.

Good morning, Lloyd.

Janie--Good morning.  I tried hard, but I wasn't fast enough to catch that rain.

Audrey (granddaughter) is home for the weekend from her job in NYC, so she, Linda and Ed are coming for breakfast a little later.

Kelly

Hi Jackie
Now and again two pea hens come by and in the odd occasion two ducks. Plus I see sparrows, rooks, blackbirds, magpies and other birds.

Not forgetting seagulls!!!!

Kelly

larryhanna

Hi everyone on this cloudy Sunday morning here in the Southeast.  We had a brief lightning and thunder storm and some rain occur around 7 am and there is a good possibility of more later this morning.  As a result I will not need to water my yard tomorrow. We will go to Sunday School and Church this morning.  Today is youth Sunday and the youth will be doing most of the service although the Pastor told us Thursday he will be bringing about a 10 minute message.  We will likely go out to eat after church and then have a restful rest of the day. 

June, I see you dislike doing your medicine boxes and we belong to the same club-necessary but not an enjoyable task.  Joan, I also do mine for two weeks in a row but those two weeks really roll around fast. 

Joan, that is a beautiful graphic the you selected from the ones Phyllis has provided for our enjoyment.  It is perfect for May 1st. 

JoanFL

Good morning, Larry.  It seems everyone is getting rain except us.  I, too, dislike filling the pill boxes, but that's the only way I can keep track of taking my pills.

Lloyd--Thanks for the link.

CallieOK

June Drabek

Oh, Phyllis !!!!! Thank you ! What a beautiful opening for the first day in May. I love it..all the colors are perfect for this day. Thank you ! Thank you ! It makes me happy.

Good Sunday Morning all, Another beautiful day on tap. I am all showered and shampooed, and here with my coffee to visit.

Lloyd, thank you very much for the warning about electrical wires. An excellent demonstration,and easy to remember. I had no knowledge of that till now. I no longer drive, but I will share it with others. Our high for the day should be around 75.

I am thinking about our Gloria and how hard it must be for her without the computer. Like me, she depends on it for the friendship and the release of being in the apartment, but still out there with the rest of the world. I pray she will soon be back with us. I miss her very much.

Vanilla, is the weakness in your hand part of the whole picture of your illness ? I am so glad you have a group of others that suffer as you do, being able to share with them must be a great help to you.

Bis, I'm so happy that you are having family coming to visit today. A rare treat with your folks that travel so much in their businesses. Gary and Dori will both be wrapped up in the Church most of the day, then they just relax after all is finished. Monday is also "their" day.

Larry a friend gave me a new pill box and it works a bit differently that my old one, so that was my main problem. I'll adapt, eventually, but I find it awkward to do anything that is new and different to the usual.

Callie….. :)
As long as we are here, let's dance.

JaneS

I'm home from church and ready to start my day's business.  I'm doing mostly sit down things today, paying bill, making lists for my doggie sitter, making a list for me, finishing the shortening of two pairs of pants, etc.  Plus, I might try again to get the ironing done so I can gather my things to pack.  I've already begun to lay things out on the bed in the spare room but there's more of some things than I plan to take and not enough of others.  I wish I could just do a "Samantha the witch nose wiggle" and it would all be done. 

Tomorrow will be cleaning day. And then I have to try to keep it clean until I go and Casey (the doggie sitter) comes.

It's still raining here and going to do so until sometime tonight and then begin again tomorrow morning and continue all day.  The grass is jumping out of the ground. 

I guess I better get started or I'll never get finished!  Have a good day Everyfriend!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Vanilla-Jackie

Junedrabek, yes it is all part of MS...sensory symptoms and numbness......This might explain more as there are so many things that MS can, and does cause.......It is part and parcel of nerve damage....same as both my sets of toes, which totally drives me crazy....re, Raynauds Phenomenom....well that is what GP has on my medical records, although they don't turn blue or white.....only deep red/purple, which either burn with pain, or go ice cold with pain...sometimes its hard to distinguish which......Link.....

http://www.everydayhealth.com/multiple-sclerosis/symptoms/managing-sensory-symptoms-multiple-sclerosis/

JoanFL

Lloyd--Thanks for the link to the safety tip.

Callie--I remember when we used to make May baskets.

June--I don't see Ed and Linda very much and Audrey very seldom.  Her job in NYC with Pfizer in NYC is moving her to Seattle, so I'll hardly ever see her.  That family is always on the go.  Next month all of them are going on vacation together--to Alaska.

Janie--Now that the time for your trip nears, you are in "fast forward" mode.

Vanilla-Jackie--Thanks for the link about MS symptoms.

Lindancer

Good afternoon, and Happy May Day, it is raining, but that is suppose to bring May flowers. Although they are saying it may go down into the 30's to night.

Joan, Jane and Jackie, the radio station I have while on am on the computer, plays Puff the Magic Dragon at lest once a month.

I have 3 pill boxes, one I keep in the bathroom for the pills I take before breakfast. Also that how I know what day of the week it is, as I sometimes forget. :o

Phyllis, love our May greeting.  thanks

Larry, when you write about SC, I miss, it makes me miss my days there. I had good and bad days  my mother age 52 was killed in and auto, train accident, but I met my husband there, and also Dennis went to the Citadel.  I went there when I was 16. Later years would spend the winter there.  We were buying a place in Summerville, when Cyriel had his first heart attack, so came back here to Long Island.

Callie, I remember when I was in school, we would do the MayPole dance.

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

Mary Ann

Dot and I went to church as usual, then OTB. 

Phyllis, such a pretty graphic; I wish our weather matched it.  It is raw and rainy with a temp of 52 and that's about as high as it's going to get.

Nothing in particular on tap today.

Mary Ann

angelface555

Gloria, I also remember doing the Maypole dance with long ribbons of crepe paper in school as well as "The itsy bitsy spider in a Kindergarten evening performance to dare I say fond applause from one section of the audience!  ::)

MaryAnn, we are also cloudy and damp here.

Radioman34

Greetings from a cloudy, overcast, cool and rainy day in London Ontario. !2 minutes to air time.

Kelly

Hi Radioman
Same weather here on the Isle of Man.

Best wishes for your show.

Kelly

Vanilla-Jackie

Lindancer, I forgot about him, now you have started me off singing again.... ;D

halkel

Good Morning Everyone!

I too am back from church.  Wife didn't go this morning, cooking.  It was a good service. 

Bright sunshinny day here, but bad weather in the offing.  These lows seem to keep coming from the left coast, I don't mind the rain but wish they would keep the storms.

Be back later.

Sandy

:smitten: Happy May Day,  Everyone!   :smitten: 
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

Radioman34

My control of my pills is by way of a bubble pack.  My pharmacist prepares  it and delivers it to my home weekly