Random Image

AZ MAY 2004 (80).JPG

Owner: donklan
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:46:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for January 1, 2019

Started by so_P_bubble, January 01, 2019, 12:22:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JaneS

Just popping in to say...

Good Night Everyfriend!  May God watch over you as you rest from your day's activities.  And may you wake to a happy tomorrow.

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Denver

Good evening, EVERYFRIEND❣️

Busy day for us.  Bob had his yearly eye exam this morning, then we were off to Costco to order him new glasses.

LARRY, I am sorry to read that Scott did not get the job with T-Mobile.  I am sure he and you both were sad to hear this news.  I hope the generic Flonase helps you with the sinus headache you have been dealing with for days. 

JANE, I hope you were able to get all of the Christmas decos put away so the dining room table is available for your guests. Ours all all put away now and the house looks so blah!  I still can not believe our Christmas is over. 

GLORIA, I am sorry you woke with terrible aching this morning. Hope it improved as the day progressed.

PHYLLIS, belated Happy Birthday wishes to your David. 

AMY, it is always a good idea to buy a new battery before you find yourself stranded.

JUNE, I think the wet cloth over the heat registers is a good way to add humidity in your place.  I remember being so dry when flying on a long plane ride and getting a warm cloth and putting it over my nose and how quickly it gave me relief.  Happy to read the nose bleeds have stopped...

Mark and his family are in Northern California where Mark is interviewing for two jobs.  One is definitely the one that he would love to get as it is working for the PGA and would be something he would really enjoy for a good long time.  He likes his position where he is now, and they both love Paso Robles, but the club he is at is for sale and if it sells the new owner will more than likely bring in their own "head honcho", so he is being proactive and watching out for himself.  If it is meant to be, one of these positions will be offered to him.  Of course they are not looking forward to a move with Baby Jonah, but it will work out if need be. 

I saw a picture of Finlay and his dad hunting big game on Face Book.  He has grown up so much and looks so mature, but I did not like to see him with his kill, to be honest.  BTW, it was not a BEAR like we are used to seeing him with in a picture!🤪

SHIRLEY, I do not know how I missed your post, and others, but I sure did not see them before I posted this.  I appreciate your comments about your dad and how he seemed to be obsessed with talking about his aches and pains.  I have to say, I feel this might be the case with my dad as well.  I appreciate your thoughts and prayers.  I am sorry you have lost two friends this past week.  I know you would have gone to the funeral if you could have.  Happy your Mother's Surprise Lilies were peeking out to greet you!

GLORIA de, I certainly hope the foot doctor will be pleased with how your foot is healing.....take care.

Pleasant dreams to all. 

Jenn
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Amy

Good morning everyone.

Looked out around 11:30 last night and huge fluffy flakes of snow were falling. We didn't get a lot but enough to just use the shovel on it.

We are off to the city this morning, I need to pick up more quilts before the keepers of the quilts go away. With giving out 3 at a time lately my supply is getting down and I need to restock it. Will go to Costco  then head home after lunch. I am thinking DQ but will see what Kyle wants.

Enjoy your day everyone..
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Joy

Good morning.  I am here just to mark my place.  I woke up early and decided to get up and get started on a few things that I really need to get taken care of.  I feel rested and don't want to sit here too long before I get un-motivated to get busy.  I will try to check back later.

Hope everyone will have a good day.

Joy
BIG BOX

Gloria

Good morning every one, 37° so no ice on the roads this morning but the ground looks wet so had more rain overnight.

LARRY  sounds like you are feeling better this morning, that is great. I can imagine how sad your son was not getting the job he tried for. It is horrible that some places look at age before they look for knowledge about jobs. I remember when I had my first cell phone Tmobile and went to their store the workers were all young and the men rushed to help the young pretty girls before getting to me even if I was there first. That was the reason I no longer have Tmobile. I only had a nosebleed once and that was from hitting my nose.

JUNE  glad you felt good enough to go downstairs for your meals yesterday.  Wish they had meals here, maybe I would eat better then.

JANE  after Shirley's talk about bonemeal and the link to her site I went there and they have none now. If I get brave I will try Amazon. Never tried anything on Amazon but my son gave me his Kindle and a gift certificate for Amazon but he is the one who got the books I wanted from there. Yes I am curious, a large rock? No rocks where you live? Lot of rocks of all sized around here.

AMY  where we had our house seemed like the garden grew rocks over the winter months.Every spring we got  a least 1 wheelbarrow full from the area.

SHIRLEY  Welches grape jam is as close to homemade from all I have tried. Even has the smell of the grapes when you open the jar. I made my share of grape jam years ago. What gets me today is how fast some newscasters talk. I can hear them OK but they talk too fast. Even some of the young folks around here I have to ask them to talk slower. I always said when the time comes that I don't like snow I would know I was old. Well I still like looking at it from inside where I am warm but would not like playing in it anymore.  I had my CNA get me 1 pink grapefruit yesterday, love the pink ones. I will peel one and eat it like I would an orange, no sugar either.

GLORIA  de  I have missed posting several days lately and all day felt like something missing.

Just heard on the news that today is the last day for Sears stores to be open. That is sad, those stores have been open longer than we are old. Are there any of us that have not shopped there or from their catalog?

JENNY  after my CNA gave me a good back massage my back felt almost normal again. She has good hands and always gets the spots that are hurting. No problems this morning as did not sleep as long last night. I seldom move in my sleep and 8 hours of sleep let me know it. I did like you several times after flying to San Diego. When I got to my daughter's house I asked for a face cloth and wet it with warm water and just kept inhaling the moisture. WOW hard to believe Finlay is old enough to handle a gun and going hunting with Joe. One of my DIL's nephews went hunting with his Dad and shot a deer. It bothered him so much he never went hunting again.

AMY  wish there was a DQ around here. I would make sure to get my son to take me there.

JOY  nice seeing you here so early.

Have a good day.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  I'm up and attem already.  I have to go make doggie food pretty soon or we'll have the boinger going off and nothing to feed the doggies.

About my rock,  yes, AMY we do have lots of rocks around here but this one has to be special.  It needs tobe about 2 1/2 around (it doesn't have to be even on the sides) and it has to be flat on both sides.  I'm thinking maybe slate.  I want to put it on top of the stump in my yard to make a display table for some kind of plant.  I want a stone to keep water and such from getting into the stump and rotting it.  Any ideas for what to put on it come Spring would be greatly appreciated.  Color would be nice but I'd settle for some kind of vine that would grow fast and hang down around the stump. 

Have to get moving.  Enjoy your day.  Grab it and make it your own in every way!

phyllis

Jane, I have two stumps side by side from trees I had removed this past summer.  I had the company leave the stumps in hopes that the creeping Euonymus would grow over them and it is doing that.

Sunny this morning but cool and supposed to get cooler on toward the weekend.  The forecast has seemed to back off of the prediction for wintry mix this weekend.  We'll just wait and see what happens and take whatever we get.

David said thank you, Jenny, for the birthday wishes.  Hope your Mark finds the job he wants and his family can make a smooth and trouble-free move if they need to.

I had to pick up a prescription yesterday on a medicine that is not covered by my drug insurance.  After a little looking around I found a coupon on the GoodRx web site that reduced the price from $58.40 to $33.90 and Walgreen's accepted it so I was very pleased.  I'm always happy to save money on medicine....especially if it is one the drug insurance will not cover.

Must get some breakfast.  Later.....
phyllis
Cary,NC

Lloyd Hammond

good morning am setting in the motor home we are getting it ready to pull out on the road when Nancy gets home from her doter appointment. have a great day catch you all later.

Lloyd

larryhanna

Hi Everyone.  It is another sunny morning but today we will only get to 55 degrees.  Only two things on the schedule for today.  In about 40 minutes my friend will be here to work with me an hour.  Then this evening our Wednesday night dinners start again for the winter.  It is wings, mac and cheese, salad and dessert and this menu seems to be a favorite with the Wednesday night dinner group.  I seem to be running in slow gear this morning.

Shirley, is the big rock something to hide under?  I remember the saying about doing that.  I also like grape juice and grape jam or jelly.  However, I seldom have toast so seldom get the jam or jelly.  IT sounds like you need to get talking on your phone to use up your minutes.  ;D

Lloyd, is this the day you leave for Florida?  It sounds like you are getting all prepared. 

Amy, we had lots of rock where we lived in Georgia and I suppose we do here but all I see is sand and clay. 

June, it sounds like you have a full day planned for today and hope you feel up to doing what you want to do as know you enjoy your Bible study and the Red Hatters. 

Lindancer, I hope the foot doctor has some good news for you today. 

Jenny, we are sad because Scott had so hoped to get the job and be able to leave the job at Pizza Hut.  Sorry that Mark is having to hunt for another job but he is wise to search before his current club is sold.

larryhanna

My friend arrived before I had read all of the postings so will add a couple more comments. 

Amy, do you keep a supply of quilts to work on?  Is your Costco always busy?  It seems that ours is regardless of the day, sort of like Walmart that always has lots of cars in the parking lot.  Hope you got to go to DQ.  Do you like the Blizzards?  My favorite is the Heath one and that has been the case for years and years.  When Pat and I were dating we would often go to the DQ after classes as I had time to kill before my mother would get off work.  We could get a nice size ice cream cone for $0.50 each and that was usually all the money I had. 

Gloria, I also find it hard to understand why Scott would not make a super employee.  He has a long background as a good worker having spent 17 years working with Scientific Atlanta in various positions and other experiences.  He had special schooling in computers and then has had 10 years of working with Pizza Hut.  I can't remember the last time I had a nose bleed. I have always preferred jam to jelly.  I think broadcasters must have been taught in school to speak as fast as they can.  It has been years since I have been able to eat a grapefruit or drink grapefruit juice due to some of the medicine I take.  I always liked them.  I am also sorry to learn of Sears closing all of their stores but shopping habits change. 

Jane, I see I didn't do a good job of guessing why you wanted the rock. 

Phyllis, your weather may be like ours in that they think it is going to be one way in the coming days but that seems to change almost daily.  I have used the GoodRX website to check where I could get the best price on medicines.  It sure shows you have different drug stores have different prices for the same drug.  That was a significant savings. 

Lloyd, enjoy your travels today.

Shirley

Got to get moving, day half gone & youngest son is stopping by when he gets off work, to pick up something his sister left for him here. I plan to fix the "minute" steaks I sliced from an eye of the round I bought... ran each slice through the tenderizer 3 times & will brown & let cook in the cast iron dutch oven for several hours, absolutely melts in your mouth like cotton candy. He is usually in a hurry to get home to work out after sitting all day in his office, but "significant other" won't be home, he can work out later? Anyway, will have mashed potatoes to put under the steak & gravy if he wants. I try to keep little Ziploc tubs of the meat & gravy in the freezer so I can pull out & have with instant potatoes or even a microwaved baked potato. I do love to eat.

Jane, if case you've never played with Quikrete, you can get a 50 lb bag at Lowe's for under $4. I use it to patch dry holes in the brick around here, take a cake pan & line with foil & make food dishes for critters outside (just play with it now & then while it hardens, to keep the sides from mushing down into the bottom), bet it would make the rock you are wanting to put on the tree stump.  I have also bought the stepping stones cheap at any of the places (Mennards, etc) to use for various reasons. When I'm playing with the Quikrete I just mix in a throw away coffee can or stryo cup, add water & mix with a kitchen tool I never used after buying.... & use my hands to shape, they are washable! Good luck.   

Going to get out the stretchy hose & water little trees & then plan to spray the slides on the RV before I close it in. Chance of rain/snow mix on Friday but today is the pick of weather for the job. I also need to organize this table again, took off the Christmas stuff & 4 leaves tucked away inside only a few days ago but piled high with what I've been working on.

Sandy

Good Afternoon.    I just wanted to share for anyone
who has had problems putting on Socks....   
Bending over and trying to get them on.   

I found this below at Amazon...  and it works sooooooo
good that I just had to share.     

One more thing to make my daily life easy and keep me
independent. 

Sandy

Click on this url for Deluxe Sock Aid with Foam Handles!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00U9TWCXU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

Joy

I am back to say Good Evening.

I had a productive day.  Got a lot of little things taken care of that I was hoping to get done today.  Finished putting all the Christmas things away.   Sorted through a whole bunch od gift bags and separated the Christmas ones from the ones for other occasions and got them stored in a neat place.

Sandy, I did mention over in Norm's page that I have 2 of those sock helper things.  Really work well.

Larry, I, too, am sorry that Scott didn't get the job he was applying for.  Maybe something better is waiting for him.
Your dinner tonight at your church sounds so good.  I just might fix some macaroni and cheese for my dinner.

Jane, your idea of making a special place to cover the opening in the stump sounds like a real good idea.  I am sure you will have it looking very pretty by the summertime.  I think I would like some kind of a vine trailing over it and maybe a pretty plant in a pot in the center.  On the website, Pinterest, I have seen where people turn a stump like that into a miniature fairy house and garden.  Really some cute ideas.

Lloyd, I sure hope you will have a good trip to FLorida.  Lucky you, getting to go someplace nice and warm and sunny.

Our weatherman is calling for some (maybe) significant snow for the week end.  Depends on which way it comes as to how much snow we will get.  Hopefully, not too much.

Shirley, hope you didn't have any problems getting the slide-out back into the RV.  I don't think you ever sit still, do you? I really envy all that you do in a day. I know you and I are the same age, and you can run circles around me. 

Time to look for some dinner.  I am thinking of making the macaroni and cheese that Larry mentioned.

Gloria, I hope you were feeling better this morning and have had a good day.  Nice that you can get a good back massage from your CNA.  I am sure it feels good.

Hope everyone will have a nice quiet evening.

Joy   
BIG BOX

Amy

Good evening

The trip turned out better than I thought. At first I thought awe may end up turning around and come back home but the snow stopped.

Larry,Costco is always busy but we got there right at opening time. I was lucky enough to stock up on my vitamins with discounted prices. We didn,t get to DQ ,maybe nest time.. yes I enjoy the Blizzards to.
The quilts are ones to be delivered when we get a request for them.

Jane,what about patio stones to sit on top of the stump?

Going to put my feet up and watch some tv.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Gloria

Good morning everyone. Cold and windy here with possible snow flurries. This damp weather is doing a number on me this winter. Even my meds and back massage is not helping much. All I want to do is lay on the couch and watch TV. Yesterday I did some cooking before my CNA got here and boy did she scold me. Today I know I can no longer stand at the stove long enough to do anything.

I read  the posts from when I posted yesterday but cannot sit here any longer. Just letting you know I am still alive and kicking.  Have a good day.

Joy

Good morning, Amy and Gloria.  Nice to see you both here this morning.

Gloria, It is so cold here, also. And, I think I heard that the approaching snow storm coming this week end will affect your area and probably come as far south as DC.  I am glad I have no where to go this week end.

I talked to my grandson last night and he is planning on bringing the children down on Sunday, weather permitting.  I am anxious to see them, as I still have their Christmas presents. 

I woke up about 4:30 feeling so cold, so got up and pushed the thermostat up and went back to sleep. Woke up again a little before 7.  I did get up and am got on the computer to check and to let you know that, like Gloria, I am still alive and kicking.  I did have a cup of coffee, but now need to go get something to eat.

I got a lot of more de-cluttering done yesterday and will work on some more today.  While I am feeling so energetic, I better take advantage of it.

I will check back later in the day.

Have a good Thursday.

Joy
BIG BOX

larryhanna

Hi Everyone. It is a sunny and chilly morning here in South Carolina and isn't suppose to get above 50 degrees today. I just called my friend and told him I wouldn't be going to coffee this morning as just don't have the energy.  We did go to the dinner at the Church last evening but it wasn't memorable other than I sat next to a man who is new to our Church and I had never seen before. We had a nice visit.  I had texted Scott yesterday afternoon to ask him to meet us at the door where we enter the Church and then take and park the car, which he did and I really appreciated it.  He then came out and spent a couple of hours with us.  Ruby Tuesdays has a buy one get one free meal today.  We might go to that if I can get up enough energy by mid-afternoon.

Shirley, I don't remember the last time Pat use a meat hammer to help tenderize a piece of meat.  My mother used to do that a lot.  In Missouri a lot of menus when you ate out had Tenderloin sandwiches.  That is something we just don't see here in the South.  Aren't those stretchy garden hoses great?  I love that they are so light weight. 

Joy, that is what I have told Scott that if he didn't get the job it wasn't met to be and perhaps something better is on the horizon.  Both the chicken wings and the mac and cheese had sit in the oven too long and were very dry.  However, the salad and dessert were very good.  The husband and wife cook team had gotten a call that their son had been in an accident yesterday afternoon and were on their way to Atlanta when the meal was served. 

Amy, glad you were able complete your trip yesterday even if you didn't get to DQ.  I had thought you had to work on the quilts you were picking up but it sounds like they are ready to be handed out. 

Gloria, sometimes what we want to do and what physically we can do are two things as you found with cooking yesterday. 

Joy, nice to ready you are feeling energetic.  I hope you get to see your great grandchildren on Sunday and your grandson.

Amy

Good morning everyone..
At least it is still morning.  We cancelled the chimney cleaning today....too cold and too windy to be up on the roof. We will be going to a family dinner on Sat and I have to bring bean salad , bread and buns so nipped into town to pick up extra milk.I whipped up a rice pudding and it is on the back of the cookstove cooking slowly.

Almost lunch time, I think a toasted tomato sandwich and salad with be it. Picked up honey garlic sausages ,baby potatoes and green beans for dinner tonight.

Larry, I do make them and hand out the finish product.

Joy, it is so cold here and the wind doesn't help either!

Ok Jane you playing hide and go seek? Hope your computer is ok.

Better go make lunch.

Enjoy your day everyone.

Jimmy Dean

JaneS

Good Morning!  I wrote a short note this morning and I don't see it.  I must have forgotten to press post and now it's gone.  I don't remember what I said but we've had such a nice visit with daughter Christy and granddaughter Frankie.  They've gone to their appointment now and won't be back until late afternoon.  I have to zip in to the hardware store to pick up my drawer "undroopes" so I can get the stuff back into the drawers. 

I have spaghetti sauce cooking because that's what they said they craved for supper.  I might pick up a ready made salad for us to share and that's going to be IT!

I'm off! Hope you all are enjoying your day as much as I am!

Sandy

Good Afternoon from the cold and windy
rocky coast of maine.

I am practicing with  my new
Acer Crome Book.    Lot's to learn
which requires patience and ability to think new   
ways to do things.

Wish me luck.

― Carl Sagan

Lindancer

Good evening, we are alsohaving a cold day, snow is supposed to stay south of LOng Island. Has been very wind for the past 2 days and continue in to to morrow.  I have to go to Homemakers, as the next two weeks my friend that take me, will be having a surgical procedure and cannot drive. I am also going by the senior center and set up for rides to my appointments.
Well my age has really come to hunt me.  Diana arrived at 11:30 this AM, I ask what she doing here, he said it was her day to clean and I told her she was wrong. So she swept the kitchen and straighten up a few things and left. If either one of us had taken the time to look at the calendar she would have seen indeed he was to clean my house. She is a young one to me only 71. I have a lot of apologizing to do

Sandy when I was in rehab a few years ago they gave me one of those sock gadgets, one of those long shelf pickers,also a porter potty . Also a wheelchair, which was not free I found out when I started to get a rental fee. I sent that back.

Gloria, hope you feel better. someone brought and already pealed acorn squash.  Never cooked one before, so I coked in for 15min in the microwave mashed it butter and a spoonful of marmalade did not taste that bad.

Larry, just take care of yourself. I so enjoy reading your post and about that lovely church you belong too,

Jane hope you only have happy people in line, next time.  I generally go in line to the checkers that are friendly

Stop and Shop has bought all the King Kullen supermarkets, and a firm from Germany has bought Best Yet, that is our vegetable and small grocery store

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

June Drabek

I have my desktop back again and it is so nice to have readable  print. Not have a good day health-wise...very tired, sleeping most of the day away. I ordered supper sent up so that takes care of that. My Gary and Dori arrived home yesterday from their 9 day vacation with their kids and Grand kids in Idaho. They had a wonderful time of course. So they brought back my computer...it needed a mother board.....whatever that is. I'm still not feeling too sturdy, so will close for now...God Bless you all with GOOD health. June
As long as we are here, let's dance.

Sandy

Good evening Everyone
from the freezing cold and windy rocky coast
of Maine.   Wind chill is going to get
us tonight..

I got my Chromebook touch screen  computer
today and after fiddling with it for about
six hours,  I have made arrangements to
ship it back.   

I don't like it.. 
Too much work for me to learn a
new operating system...

I spent a lot of time today working
on it,  and found it wasn't worth
the effort that I must  put into it
to work for  me. 

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr 
Good night all!!!!   

June... glad you have your
computer back.   

Good Night
Sandy

― Carl Sagan

Radioman34

The past week has proved to be an interesting time. We are facing an iminent flu threat and as such a restriction on visitors is in place and I've been on a 5-day quarantine even though I don't have the flu,although I do have a heavy cold. It may seem extreme but I am pleased with the precautions. The downside is that all activities have been suspended; thank goodness for our computer.

Lloyd Hammond

Good evening we are in Jonesboro Arkansas settled in for the day 6:56 PM. see you all tomorrow.

Lloyd

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  I missed my kids before they left the driveway.  I always enjoy their visits and we talk and laugh and enjoy being together.  However, after they were gone for about a half hour and everything was put away and I was in my jammies, I was exhausted!  I sometimes can't believe how tire certain activities make me.  I still want them back and when they come, I never think about being tired.  I just enjoy.

Their reason for coming was not resolved and when I said I was sorry that they made the trip for nothing.  Christy said, "It wasn't for nothing.  We had a nice visit with you"  And she's right...a visit is never wasted time.

I'll be off to Wally World this morning at 10 and I have no other plans.  We made enough spaghetti sauce yesterday to have for supper.  That's what they both wanted.  They took some meatballs and a jar of sauce home and I have enough for my supper today.  Tomorrow, I'll start the sauce for canning.  This is the first time in about 25 years that I haven't had a jar of my home canned spaghetti sauce in reserve. 

SANDY, I don't know how cold it is in Maine but when I looked at the temp here when I got up it was 21º and while I was looking it dropped to 20.  That's COLD!  It can get into the teens here but I don't need to like it.  I just checked and the "feels like" temp is 10.  The dogs didn't stay out very long and I think the furnace is working overtime.

It's almost time for the boinger and that means the doggies will soon be getting restless for their breakfast.

Also, I have to make another trip to the hardware store because the supports for the drawer runner don't fit my runners.  I'll have to put up with the mess and inconvenience a bit longer. 

I hope you all have a lovely day today.  Make it your own in every way!

Gloria

Good brr morning everyone. With the wind chill it is down almost to the single digits. Glad I do not have to go out. Just thinking how I used to go out every day to go to work when it was way down in the single digits with no wind and thought nothing of it. What a difference now, I just want to stay inside where it is warm. Can it be an old age thing? No, of course not, I am not old...am I?  ???

JOY  I am enjoying my second cup of coffee. I turned the heat up as soon as I got out of bed this morning. This is a day to get Joan's Geemagotchees on and the warm wool socks and sheepskin lined boots. These wood floors are cold. I have been going through the papers and magazines that add up and the last 2 days my CNA took out 2 big trash bags out to the dumpster and I have a lot of shredding to do.

LARRY  I should know better by now, every time I try cooking something it just wears me out big time. Just cannot stand for more than 5 minutes anymore.

AMY  we have the wind here and it is coming from the north-northwest. Did you send it here? Had snow flurries yesterday. On TV this morning they were showing the Patriots football team out on the field for practice and it was snowing like a blizzard. I sure will not go out with the temperatures we are having.

GLORIA  de  only way I have cooked an Acorn squash is stuff it and bake it in the oven. Cut is half-my son has to cut it for me, cut up a couple of those precooked little sausages an apple and some cut up walnuts, a bit of brown sugar and butter and bake. So good.

JUNE  glad you have your computer back, we sure miss it when it needs work.

DON  a cold is bad enough. Like you I am thankful I have a computer to keep me busy at times. Take care and hope you escape the flu.

LLOYD  glad you stop early from a day of driving. Enjoy your trip, wish I was going to a warmer climate about now.

JANE  like you when my daughter and family came for a visit I loved it and missed them when they left the driveway, Then I missed them big time but was also tired.

Have a good day everyone.

Amy

Good morning everyone.

Boy did I pound the pillow....got up just before 8! I need to bake bread and buns for tomorrow ,I did make the bean salad so that is done.

Don, I heard on the news where the flu is about ,not nice to have and I hope you stay flu free.

Gloria, we still have a bit of wind here and when I checked the weather we are not to have any snow till Tue. Sure hope they are right on that.

Jane,  a few more days with droopy drawers isn't nice hope you get the right part today.

I need to get at the bread making.....will check in later.

Enjoy your day everyone.

Jimmy Dean

larryhanna

Hi Everyone. It is another sunny but chilly morning here and we are only going to get up into the low 50's this afternoon.  After a couple extreme exhaustion days I am feeling more alive this morning.  I have fixed Pat's breakfast and emptied the dish washer.  I plan on taking the rest of the morning quietly.  Our house keeper will be here in about 25 minutes.  Since I am feeling like getting out today we plan on going out to eat our main meal at Honey from the Rock and then stopping at the shoe store as I need a new pair of shoes and I want ones that I don't have to tie.  That will be plenty for today.

Amy, you were wise to not ask someone to get on your roof to clean your chimney. 

Jane, special times when our children and grandchildren come to visit.  I see you didn't get your kitchen drawers fixed yesterday. We often use those ready made salads and Walmart has some pretty good ones.  We love having our family come to visit but I know I am always relieved when they leave.  That was a nice thing that Christy said to you about not being a wasted trip.   

Lindancer, I expect the lady who cleans your house will understand.  I was delighted this morning when I woke up felt like getting up.  I didn't even feel up to working my computer jigsaw puzzle yesterday and just laid back in my chair after I got up from resting and listened to some music and then watched TV. 

June, it seems you have been without your desktop for quite awhile but glad to see you are back in business with it.  The motherboard is what makes all of the parts of the computer work together.  I have only had one computer that I had a failed motherboard.  I hope you are feeling better today. 

Don, some of our hospitals around here are restricting visitors due to the flu threat.  I hope your cold doesn't hold on too long.  Do they bring you your meals in your apartment? 

Lloyd, nice to see you are now on your journal to warmer weather. 

Gloria, people have told me that feeling old is just a state of mind.  Like you my state of mind often tells me I am getting old although my mind doesn't feel old usually.  We just don't want to admit we are no longer up to doing things we have done all of our lives.  Are the Patriots playing on their own field this weekend? 

Denver

Good morning from a cold and snowy Mile High City.  Our snow started about 2:30 AM and has not let up yet, so it is really accumulating.  One DIL is stuck in Indianapolis, her flight is delayed and no updates on when it might leave.  After she is gone all week this delay is a big disappointment, but nothing anyone can do about it. 

JANE, the visits with our family are so special and I know well that sad feeling one gets as they drive off.  I hope they arrived home safely and how nice they will have your spaghetti sauce to have another special meal....as will you.  I bet it was really yummy!  Sorry the parts for your kitchen drawers did not work out.  Sometimes the easiest repairs end up being the most difficult. 

GLORIA de, I did have to chuckle at you not realizing it is the correct day for your housekeeper to be there.  The holidays have many of us confused about dates! 

LARRY, glad you are feeling better today.  I am happy you try to take good care of yourself when you have that exhausted feeling.  Nothing is that important that you can not take a day or two off to rest up. 

YIPPEE, LLOYD,  Nice to see you and Nancy did hit the road and are progressing on your way to sunny Florida. 

Mark's interviews both went very well.  He expects to be offered one of the jobs for sure, but sadly, he will not be able to accept it as the club is just not able to offer the needed things like medical insurance.  He liked the little club, but it just will not pay a living salary for his little family.  The second job is still in the running, but they too are having financial issues, and are not able to move forward at this time.  He said he got a lot out of both interviews and knows that he did well.  He has learned that you just have to be patient and when the timing it right, the offer will come.  Jonah did wonderful on his first car trip.  Yesterday he went to the pediatrician and he weighed in at 11# 13oz.  He is really growing! 

DON, I am sorry to read that you have a cold.  I think your facility is wise to limit visitors and time together in groups.  Hopefully this will keep the flu bug at bay.  Feel better soon.

AMY, I think I can smell your bread baking......oh how I wish I really could. 

GLORIA, I do like the sound of how you make your Acorn squash. Your weather is like ours today.....a good day to stay in for sure.  I hope the weather improves or it is going to be a mighty cold day for playing football in Foxboro!  The fair weather Chargers are not used to the cold, so I know they will not like it! 

I have a few chores I hope to accomplish today, so I had best get started. 

I hope you ALL have a Good Friday. 

Jenn

🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"