Random Image

Tom Streched Out

Owner: Shirley
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:11:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe, October 15, 2018

Started by so_P_bubble, October 14, 2018, 11:48:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

larryhanna

Hi Everyone.  It looks like we will have another beautiful, sunny and mild day with it getting only into the mid-70's.  The maintenance man is to be here this morning to pressure wash the house and start on some minor outside maintenance that will get us ready for winter.  A friend will be here to work with me at 10 am for an hour and that is going to be plenty for today.  I have already fixed my medicine boxes for the next two week and cleared everything off the front porch.  I awoke around 3:30 this morning and just couldn't go back to sleep so got up pretty early.  Yesterday Scott came by to put up the blackout drapes in our master bedroom only to find out that the drapes were not long enough.  Fortunately Pat got them at Costco so they will be an easy return and she has already ordered the longer drapes so once they arrive the project will be able to be completed as she already got the rods.  Pat is giving me a break and is fixing her own breakfast this morning.

Callie, I think when I was living in Missouri that the University of Missouri was in the same conference as Oklahoma and Texas.  Missouri is now in the SE Conference and in the last few years there have been a lot of shifts in the schools in the various conferences. 

Sandy, that is a fun age although has a reputation as the "Terrible Twos". 

June, I wonder who thought up "crazy hat" day?  I hope you had a good time with it and enjoyed a good lunch. 

Shirley, now the healing can begin and it sounds like he did very well even getting the breathing tube out early.  I hope you will be able to relax now.  It is hard on parents when their children are ill and have to have operations since there is little we can do other than be there for them and pray for them.  Is Andy retired?  It sounds like they are now going to treat the infection (that the other doctor couldn't deal with).  You all will be his strength for awhile now until he can regain it on his own.  Heart surgery takes a lot of energy out of a person for awhile. I hope you were able to get a good nights sleep. 

Amy, that RA your husband suffers with sounds awful and how does he get comfortable?  I hope he can get in to see a new doctor soon. 

Gloria, at least all of that rain doesn't leave the roads and walks slick like snow and I expect you will have plenty of snow within a few weeks as we enter November.  The weather seems to be changing about everywhere.  You sure don't need the tornadoes and something else to be concerned about.  I just discovered a few days ago that there is a DD not very far from me over in the area where I go to Walmart.  I haven't been to one since we moved here and will try to avoid the temptation although someone brought pumpkin spice iced cake donuts to our Sunday School class last Sunday and I just had to eat one. 

Jane, it sounds like you have your work cut out for you with all of the cooking and candy making you have on the schedule before Christmas. 

Joy

Good morning.  I didn't get in here yesterday at all, so there were a lot of messages to read. 

Shirley, I am so happy to read the good news about your son. That is wonderful news!   Now, it sounds like he is well on the way to a complete recovery.  I know it is a big relief on your whole family.  Happy that you can begin making plans for all your family holiday gatherings.  My thoughts are with you all.

Jane,  all your holiday plans for your homemade goodies sound so nice.  My aunt used to make fruitcakes, and I really miss receiving one of them from her. She started  right about the same time as you.  After years of making them for gifts,  she did start to make  them to sell.  And, word of mouth got her a lot of orders.  She used to make her own wine and would use that in the cake and also would soak cheesecloth to wrap around the cakes.   I like citron, but she had a lot of orders from people who requested not to have her include the citron.  I really like the taste of the citron.

Yesterday, I did go down to  the exercise class here.  There were 8 people who showed up and it was fun.  The hour went by pretty quickly.  Hopefully that will get me motivated to keep on.  Wish the class was more than just once a week.  I do have a couple videos that I might look up to be able to continue on my own.

Tomorrow, I will have a long day.  I have to go for blood work, then get a PET scan and a doctor's apt afterwards.  My son will  drop me off at the blood lab, and the radiation place is in the same building, and my DIL will pick me up afterwards. We will probably go to lunch and then on to  the  doctor's appt. which isn't far way.  I am just glad to be able to get this done on the same day.  Not  very physically stressful, but  I have to get myself  geared up mentally.  Always a little apprehensive, but hoping for good results.  Since I have been feeling  so good, that should be a good sign.

Larry, we have a perfectly beautiful day this morning,  and our temperatures are supposed to warm up for the next couple days.  It  should be nice for all the little trick or treaters.

I have read all the messages, but just not time to make more comments.  I do enjoy reading about all your daily activities.  Just have to limit my time on the computer these days.

Hope everyone will have a good day.

Joy
BIG BOX

JaneS

Well, I went to the Amish Store and I got everything I still needed to make the fruit cake and also more stuff to get the candy started.  I was going to make it on Thursday but I think I'll wait until Saturday.  The insulator is coming on Thursday morning and I'd rather not be involved in something I can't leave while they are here. 

By Friday morning, I expect it to be nice and cosy in here!

I picked up a green writing pen and a red one today and I'm going to make soup labels for the ones that go to the church and to the student support cache in November.  Once that's done, and it's delivered, I'll feel better. And, I'll have a little more space.

Hope you're having a great day!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Amy

Came back into see how Andy is doing..

Filled the wood box and hubby helped me. Then I went and got another load just to have on hand and I split some kindling to have ready. After VON left we nipped to the druggist with his script. Now the van has been wased and waxed,,think that waxing will do till next Spring.

Jane, you will feel a big difference in your home once he insolates it. You are going to be so busy with cakes, candies and soup!

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

CallieOK

Good Afternoon,

JaneS,   you and one of my friends here are getting an early start on Christmas.  She had her outside lights put up last weekend!  Of course, her house won't smell nearly as good as yours will with all the baking, etc.

Larry,  I'd forgotten about Missouri being in this conference.  I remember the Big Seven - then the Big 8 - then the Big 12.................I've lost count!!!   :crazy2:

Shirley,  hope Andy is continuing to improve every day.  Prayers continue.

I'm "helping" my housecleaner by staying out of her way.  Sounds as if it's about time for us to switch areas.

Wishing Everyfriend Everywhere an Enjoyable Day.

:hugs:

Denver

Good afternoon.....
It is a dreary snowy day here after hitting a high of nearly 80* yesterday.  Not officially at the airport but at my house! 

YEA, JANE WENT TO THE AMISH STORE🎈🎈 Happy to read you purchased all the ingredients needed for your fruit cake and candy.  You are one energetic lady!!  YIPPE the insulation man is going to be there on Thursday.  This will make a big difference for you! 

I got some inside windows washed today.....now when the sun shines I will be able to see if I did a good enough job! 

CALLIE....don’t forget the PAC 12.....was 10.  You are right there are so many and they keep changing them! 

Good luck at all of your appointments today, JOY!  I bet you will be plum worn out after you are done. 

AMY, good for you and hubby getting more firewood split and stacked!  That is a BIG job.  I do not miss doing that, but I do miss a real roaring fire.  Now I push a button and my fireplace comes on and warms me up and makes me feel good🤪. Just not the same though. 

JUNE, I sure hope you enjoyed your cRaZy hat day!  Isn’ it nice to have something to make us smile🤣

LARRY, sorry there was a snag in getting the black out curtains installed.  Thank goodness for Costco’s easy to return policy.  Sorry for your early wake up, and not being able to go back to sleep.  That is terrible, but we all seem to have it happen every once in awhile.  Bob’s toe is better today, so he is sure happy.  Yesterday it was really hurting him.  His steroid pills ran out a couple of days ago so we were getting rather concerned.  Darn pain! 

GLORIA, we have Krispy Kream Donuts here and they did a big ad on TV that they were going to have Lemon frosted donuts for a week....I made a special trip to get one only to be told, “oh we don’t have those here in this market”!  I said, well thank you and I drove away!  I was so disappointed and I had already planned to brag a bit to you about how good they were and I wish I could share with you!  Haha, joke was on me🤬. Who doesn’t like LEMON donuts!  Those crazy people! 

SHIRLEY, you have my continued positive thoughts and prayers headed to Andy and your family today.  I hope and pray he had a good night.

Have a goid rest of your day, EVERYFRIEND. 

Jenn

🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Carol

Flowers are still blooming and Hummingbirds are in the yard.  Well, it is Arizona.  Cousins from Minnesota have arrived this week - they are less than an hours drive. Tremendous noise from the street as they are digging to put in faster internet - it has been several days of this pus several days of nothing in between the actual work. 

We have two trips planned for going into Mexico.  The lines can be long coming back - we must have Passports and they do ask questions.  I expect it to be even more serious business than it is even now.  The wonderful and smart German Shepherds get to meet and greet each of us too. 

Jane:  What kind of candy do you make for the holidays? 

My cell phone gets calls from the Longmont, CO area daily - a calling center that uses many phone lines.  My aim is to Block each and every number - I would like to ask some elected official why we have to put up with this interference in our lives.  It is a business, of course -

Jenny:  You can wash my windows too  :)  Good news that Bob's toe is better.  Any trips south planned?  The last Broncos trade surprised me. 

Shirley:  I am so happy that this surgery is over for you and for the entire family. 

Shirley

:tissue: OH! MY!  :tissue:     NO LEMON DONUTS..... if everyone hadn't enjoyed them so much when Joan was around to make sure DD had them, I would never have known (and enjoyed) all the drooling that went on.  Seriously, I am sorry you made the trip 'cause the way I always consider things.... if it's really what I want & like, calories don't count, isn't that right?

Jenny, Cas had one med that would kick the gout overnight.... maybe your son doesn't want him to have it because it is so dangerous.  There was something he took all the time & the other med that he only took kind of "overnight".  I didn't discuss his pills with him so as not to disagree with his choices, just like I'm sure he bit his tongue quite a few times at my opinions for myself.  Are you really getting snow today?

Daughter just stopped by from the hospital, she goes back home tomorrow.  Andy is doing fine but has tubes coming out of him everywhere, nothing like my surgery.  They are still draining fluid from his lungs & the rest of his body, evidentally the heart isn't doing it's job fully yet (is that right, Larry?)  I had none of these other problems so naturally, the different reactions do give a mother a concern.  Different hospital and different doctor... and frankly, he is getting super service from all.  I am impressed.  Thank you all for the continued prayers, it will be a while before I can take a deep breath. I kept busy by washing & ironing the shirts I bought him & keeping up with phone calls, etc. When everyone else goes back to work I will do hospital time until he gets to come home, but he has professionals doing their job taking care of him right now. 

Jane, I will hit the store to shop for all those ingredients that go into a German Chocolate cake.... but have a couple weeks before producing that, along with turkey & the turkey/noodles we've all learned to love that is a south east Kansas MUST have for Thanksgiving.  I never heard of it until my best friend talked about it & my daughter in law.  Sure enough, it was even available at the local KFC in that area.  Everyone says they don't like turkey but can't have noodles without all that broth & drippings plus white meat cut up in.... going to have a couple rotisserie chickens, the fruit plates & salad plates, and somehow I got volunteered to bake that German Chocolate cake.... the menu grows & so do the invitees... (such a word?) Somebody's parents & if they come that means HER parents will as well.  At least it's not at my house.   :thumbup: Our gathering is the week before the holiday when the grand, her husband & 2 kids fly in from Seattle.  This is the kind of holidays I grew up with, my mother always said there was room for more.... that turned out most of the time to 35-45 for sit down holiday meals.  It worked (so did she), but we tried to do the clean up for her.  At the end of the day we think back and smile, is it worth it?.... sure is!

Amy, love to have a fire but am afraid to, my chimney hasn't been professionally cleaned since I don't know when.  Do you have to have yours cleaned out, burning wood, regularly?  This fireplace has a gas "lighter" but I've never used it... and a plate in the bottom under the wood rack that opens to scoop the ashes out to be cleaned out from outside.  Convenient & so cozy but I'm not sure if safe.  Any advice? 

Joy, hope all the tests come out great.  I can't remember when I've had a "physical" because I have accidents  :crazy2: so go in when I need X-rays or stitches.  My doctor is always willing to run any tests that might be needed to solve a problem, but kind of like cleaning the house, never get the whole body (or all the rooms) taken care of at one time!  You are so organized!

Gloria, I just took a look outside & am stunned at the leaves on the ground today!  I'm betting myself that was a job you enjoyed when your kids were young, pile 'em up & jump in them?  Right now it isn't too windy but they will be heading down the street when it blows.  Cas used to stand at the kitchen window that looks out over the street & moan because those leaves would swoop down the street & land right in the arms of out yard.  This house faces slightly northwest with garages that angle to catch the leaves.  Few people pick up leaves until all trees are bare but he cleaned them up a couple times a week at least, and griped.  Doesn't bother me to see them blow around.  ;)  I will pick up big bags full but not until MY trees have fewer leaves on.  I pick up my fair share & will do as long as I'm in this house.  One of these days I will retire. Maybe...

Carol, normally I don't use my cell except when I leave the city for a trip... but have had it on this week, day & night. So far the call centers have not caught up with my cell, but my landline gets a work out.  This morning I got the "your grandson" call & asked, "which one?"... of course, the oldest with a cold... cough-cough.... then he asked what I was doing so I said, "getting ready to go to the hospital"... his reaction was, "oh, no, what's wrong?".... I responded, "you aren't part of THIS family, why don't you get an honest job & quit begging???" and slammed the phone down.  Next caller was not human so no satisfaction with the ,"get a life" scream.  What "warranty department" do you suppose "they" are talking about?  I never listen to the whole story.

My daughter has used up all her blocks for her cell.... & I used up all allowed with my e-mail.  I don't know how to delete some of the OLD blocked numbers to get rid of frequent ones this week.  I've also been trying to figure how to dump the cache, etc. on Chrome... I'm sure these computers would work better, especially the old one... but I'm afraid to dump things I don't know how to get back if I mess up... # 1 son in the hospital & #2 son busy with work & fighting termites in his house.  He's given Terminex more than 3 months to kill them & they still have not done the entire surround house treatment.  They treated our house for 3 solid days inside & out, but I wouldn't want to go through that again. He is having to replace a lot of wood... found live ones just a week ago.... they are munching it down.   

Thanks again for all the prayers and caring.... y'all are the best!   Shirley  Have a wonderful evening.  :xoxo:

JaneS

Shirley take a deep breath! Now wiggle your toes! Close your eyes! turn around twice! Lick your lips! Cross your eyes! After doing all that laugh at yourself. And then start over! 

Shirley

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:  If I did all that in one motion I'd fall flat, Janie.  I think I'm going to take a nap before going to bed, worked one night this week & Fitbit thought I got 9 hours + sleep.  Didn't make me feel any better but kept me out of trouble that many hours. :coolsmiley:

JaneS

Good Night Shirley...and Everyone else, too!

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  I was last in last night and now I'm first in this morning.

I have to go up the ladder sometime today so wish me luck on that one.  I almost forgot that I have to get my setup for catching "drips" out of the attic before the insulation goes in.  I think I'll see if my friend is home when I get back from work and she can stand by and take things as I hand them down.  That way I won't have to come down the ladder carrying anything. 

Carol, I noticed you asked what kind of candy I make.  I'll try to remember.  I make all the family favorites plus some that I like and nobody else does.  There's the chocolate dipped peanut butter saltines (Everyone loves them so I make lots).  I make mini peanut butter cups and mine coconut cups...also a few mint cups and raspberry cream cups.  Then there are chocolate pretzels for my nephew in law and my son, PB Ritz for my grandniece.  They're made with all natural PB because of a dietary problem.  I also make gumdrops in3 flavors and I forget what else. 

Better get this posted and go get ready for work.  Enjoy your day Everyfriend!

Amy

Good morning everyone..

A gentle rain this morning here.. I have a day of playing catch up on thing that didn't get done yet net to be done. Recipes and quilt patterns put into plastic sleeves and put away.. ..a few bills that need filing  too.

Shirley, I would get your chimney and fireplace checked out by a professional. We do clean the chimney  twice a year for the wood and we get a professional to check the oil furnace and chimney. He said if we ever had a problem (fire) the insurance company asks did you maintain it and if not they may not help you. So for peace of mind we do get this done. Nothing beats wood heat and I am so lucky to be able to cook off of mine too.

Gloria, I worked in a donut shop and this one young lad maybe 4 yrs old came with his Dad. The Dad was our milk delivery man and while he was filling up the cooler I get the young fellow what most of the kids ate.....a vanilla sprinkle donut...…..he said ……...no thank you. Hmm so I tried the next best donut...double chocolate with chocolate sprinkles...…….he said no thank you. Asked him to pick out HIS favorite and he picked out a LEMON filled donut with all that powdered sugar on it!!He knew what he wanted :)) I thought that was so cute and his Mom and I still talk about it today.

Jane be careful going up that ladder...do you think your son would have a moment to do that for you?

I slept in again...….this is becoming a habit :)

Enjoy your day everyone..

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Gloria

Good morning, slept late and I do mean late, almost 10am.  No time to chat much before CNA gets here.

AMY  I think DD ruined their lemon DD's when they started putting a thick chocolate frosting on them, I would scrape it off.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

larryhanna

Hi Everyone.   It is another beautiful day here in South Carolina.  We are suppose to get up to 78 this afternoon.  The maintenance man did a very good job of pressure washing and even washed out sidewalk.  The columns that were painted look very nice.  There are three little jobs he has left to do.  He put a new threshold strip on the bottom of our front door and now we can hardly get it opened or closed.  He fixed the gate hinge but it needs some more adjustment and he is fixing the top of the two end columns on our front porch so the birds cannot build nest there.  At noon time today we are taking Scott with us to eat at the Honey from the Rock Buffet over in Augusta.  This is his last day of vacation and is also his wedding anniversary, which is always a hard day for him.  I did get a very good nights sleep and plan on just taking it easy today as yesterday did a couple of things that brought on severe angina attacks.  Fortunately they didn't last long but they always leave me feeling extra tired, which may be from taking the nitro tablets.

Joy, your aunt must have made great fruitcakes.  That is something that Pat has never tried and we have never had one that had been soaked in wine.  The trick or treaters will also have a nice night here. 

Jane, happy to see that your will be getting the insulation done before the really cold weather sets in. I hope you will notice a big difference in your home both summer and winter. 

Amy,  it sounds like you were a dynamo yesterday with all that you did from working with the word to washing and waxing your vehicle. 

Callie, probably a good idea to get the outside decorations up while the weather is good.  Our outside decorations will consist of a door wreath that I got last year and I will put it up after Thanksgiving.  I've decided I can't deal with the ceramic vase I had on my porch as it was lifting it and putting it in the garage yesterday that brought on the angina attack yesterday morning.  We have seen a lot of changes in the football conferences over the years.  Having grown up in Missouri and then in adulthood living there for nine years I followed the football teams of Missouri, Oklahoma and Nebraska.  I help our housekeeper the same way you do by staying out of her way.  I do try to have make desk surface de-cluttered as well as my little side table.

Jenny, it sounds like you are having some pretty typical weather with snow one day and then in the 80's the next.  We are fortunate in that our housekeeper is willing to wash our windows.  They are the type that tip in so isn't too hard.  She does them over several visits rather than all at once. We have an electric fireplace that produces absolutely no heat and we have had it on only for a few short times, usually to show it to someone.  Sorry you couldn't get the lemon donuts. 

Carol, Pat washed up the hummingbird feeder yesterday and I stored it away for the winter as it appears the hummingbirds may have left this area.  If not they will have to find somewhere else to eat as our cafeteria is closed.  We had the digging and placement of the fiber optic cable in our neighborhood just a few weeks ago and I see them doing the same work in other neighborhoods.  They have yet to come and replace the half of the sidewalk at the edge of my yard.  At least they left an alert cone in place to warn of the cutout sidewalk.  There is still half of it left.  I wonder how long it will be before they start offering the service in our area.  We should have only six more days of those political calls until they start up again.  Like you I have an Atlanta area code so get only the Georgia calls, none of which I will answer.  I do get the political ads in the mail from the South Carolina politicians but they go immediately into the waste basket. 

Shirley, you and I sing from the same page with regards to what I what and like to eat.  I honestly don't know whether the heart wouldn't be doing its work but the tubes help get the fluids out that cause more strain on it.  I can relate to the tubes as remember my first heart surgery when I was in cardiac intensive care for 7 days and then had undetected fluid problems for about 8 weeks.  Once the fluid was found and removed I began to recover quickly. About the only thing I remember from the CCU was there was this big old machine I was hooked up to and it seemed like the nurses were constantly ripping open tubing packages and changing tubing. I was kept pretty well drugged up during that time.  That was over 30 years ago and I am still around and enjoying life. I wasn't nearly as sick as it sounds like Andy was but there have been a lot of improvements in cardiac care over the many years.  It has been a long time since I had any German Chocolate cake.  I think I loved the special topping the most.  Our days of Pat making big meals is unfortunately over and we have no specific plans for either Thanksgiving or Christmas.  I don't bother trying to block numbers as the robo calls and scammers have unlimited numbers to use to call with so I feel it is a waste of my time.  So sorry about your son having to fight termites.

Gloria, I never scrapped the frosting off of any donut but don't think I have had chocolate on a lemon donut.     

My son just called asking if we could reschedule lunch to perhaps tomorrow as he had been contacted by a recruiter who has a good lead for him for a very well paying job and he needed to update his resume for the job.     

Mary Ann

Larry, that is good news about Scott being contacted by a recruiter for a good paying job.  Tom updates his resume often but I don't know what I'd do if he were offered and accepted a better paying job.  He is so flexible in his present work that I can make medical appointments almost any time and he's available to take me.  However, if he was offered a good job elsewhere, I'd sell this place and go with him.  That is, as long as I would be physically able to go.  I know I should not live alone, but he is gone often enough that I can stay alone during the day with no trouble. 

I don't know if we have fiber optic cable or not, but I'd say not, unless it was put in before 1981 when I moved here.  When I first moved to this condo, I couldn't even get cable and I'd have a Mickey Mouse arrangement in the family room and we had to sit quietly, holding an extension cord in our hand to see anything - if at all.  When I finally got it, we found they had not put it into the living area, only in my bedroom where I did not want it.  Norm and a friend got it so it worked in the family room and at a later time got it to my computer room and that is where I watch what TV I watch.  Tom hooked up to the connection in the family room and that is where he watches mainly football.  The living room outlet had about a 3-4 ft piece of cable in the wall that was not connected to anything.  To put it there, we'd have to go through my neighbor's attic.  I've had good neighbors who probably would have said 'yes' but I never asked them as I don't want TV in the living area.

I used to make fruitcakes, nothing elaborate, but from a spice cake mix and citron.  I would make it about now and soak cheesecloth in rum and wrap the cheesecloth around the cakes that I made in loaf tins.  I would make some cookies too and send plates of each to some of the workers in the warehouse to thank them for all the work they did for our department.

I think the Big 10 is still called the Big 10, however, I think there are about 12 members in it now.  I know Penn State is one and is Nebraska in the Big 10?  I just read the headlines, so I really don't know what is going on.

It will be so nice when the political ads are over on TV and I don't get more political calls on the phone.  However, it won't be long before the calls and ads start up for 2020.  I recognize area code 202 from DC and 517 from Lansing for Michigan candidates.  I have already voted so it is useless to try to sway me in one direction or the other.  I split my ticket where I could.

Mary Ann

JaneS

I'm home from work and ready to do something.  Now, if I could just decide what? 

It's also a beautiful day in Central PA.  The sun decided to shine this morning and it's still out there.  The temp is in the low 60s so not bad!

There was a message on my phone from the insulation guy narrowing down the time tomorrow to "right after lunch".  I'm ready!

Denver

🎃🎃🎃 HAPPY HALLOWEEN 🎃 🎃🎃

We have sunshine with snow glistening like diamonds on our planets and trees!  It is a beautiful sight!

LARRY, I am sorry Scott will not be joining you today for lunch, but taking a rain check is totally worth it if he can get a better job!  Wish him the best of luck! I was pretty proud when the sun shined on my clean windows this morning and there was not a streak in sight! 

MARYANN, when  I used to make fruit cake there was no soaking cheese cloth with rum, rather I would just pour a little rum over the top of the cake!  The rum part was the only part of a fruit cake I liked! 

We will be going to Dr. Dave’s tonight for a early dinner of Michele’s DELICIOUS traditional macaroni and cheese casserole before the kids all head out and we pass out the hand out to the little trick or treaters.  We live in a gated senior community so we never have one single trick or treater come to our door!

GLORIA, I can’t even imagine why anyone would frost a lemon donut with chocolate frosting....but then, I am NOT a chocolate liker at all! 

AMY, that was one smart little guy at the donut shop!  Cute story.

Oh, I almost forgot to say....

STAY OFF OF THAT LADDER, JANE.  Please let the insulation man get it down for you before he begins his job! PLEASE!

GOTTA GO make some hay while the sun shines!  I am burning daylight! 

Jenn
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Joy

Good afternoon.  Just stopping by to say Hello!

I have been busy for several hours going through a pile of papers.....  mail, catalogs, medical papers, etc.  I don't know how all this just piles up so fast.  I tend   not to open up stuff that I know is junk mail.  But, I was a little lax in going through things while I was recuperating.  I get so  many catalogs that I don't hardly even look at.  I usually block out  my name and address and tie a bunch of them together to put in the recycling bin. 

I  will have a busy day tomorrow, so not sure if I will get in here or not.  So, hope everyone will have a nice First day of November. !!!! 

Joy
BIG BOX

Amy

Happy Halloween to everyone..

We don't get anyone here but I do bring some candy in just in case. I think they all go into town where houses are much closer...
Jimmy Dean

JaneS

AMY, is that a picture of you about to get on your broom and fly to Pennsylvania for a visit?

Amy

Jane , oh how I wish!! Gosh would we have a fun time......I am sure we would have a lot to talk about!!! Canning and cooking up a storm!
Jimmy Dean

Lloyd Hammond

well are on a turnpike in Oklahoma at a truck stop. Think we are going to go to bed and start again tomorrow. think we are going to take at least three days to get to brother's house at Page A Z .we so far averaging 7.3 Miles per galleon.
we got a lot more time than Money. talk to you all again tomorrow.boy that hot spot we got to work the computer on the internet sure works good. good night and sweet dreams. Oh yes we have drove almost all afternoon in the rain, mostly Light. but had to keep the wipers going.

Lloyd

June Drabek

/var/folders/Gx/Gxnm9mkaEom7R1L1hdZIOE+++TI/-Tmp-/com.apple.PhotoBooth-T0x1001179b0.tmp.oprh6j/Photo on 2018-10-31 at 17.20.jpg
As long as we are here, let's dance.

June Drabek

Hm, very interesting. I followed directions, and that was it.

I am tired. Lost a long post out there in cyber space I guess.Best part of my day was this morning, when I went down to hear my Gary lead us in Bible studies. Went to lunch, came home, lay down, opened book, woke up and the afternoon was gone.

Hope all is well with all of you, my beloved Soda Shoppers. God grant we will meet again on the morrow.
As long as we are here, let's dance.

JaneS

I'm off to Dreamland, too.  I have some "hiding of stuff" to do in the morning before I have men traipsing up and down my Hall.  Also need to take trash to dumpster and do an errand or two in town.  I don't know how much I'll be around tomorrow to post but I'll stop in to say  good morning before it gets busy.

Sleep well my friends and wake refreshed. 

so_P_bubble