Random Image

horse2.jpg

Owner: Jeanne Lee
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:17:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for September 1, 2019

Started by so_P_bubble, August 31, 2019, 11:22:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amy

Going to head to bed, need to do this before my eyes slam shut and wake me up!!

Janie, if Shirley is late would you turn off the lights please. Remember, you are the one that had the nap. :)
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Shirley

Oh, how sad if Larry's hard work wasn't saved!  He really put a lot of effort into organizing that. I'm not much good about checking out recipes but now & then will try one from a trusted friend & love to share good tastes. I've tried a number of taco soups but one was outstanding & probably be the only one I ever make again. Since I didn't take recipes over to that other place, if anyone wants the one for taco soup, can condense it down for here.

Also, ToMe... my Kroger butcher was the one that suggested I try ham SHANKS instead of ham hocks (next to each other in MY Kroger). Shanks have almost no fat & still have the good flavor, more like using a ham bone. My father loved the fat on ham hocks... "best part"... he always said (lived to 95 & smoked all his life). I had a friend in MO that used your same "name" online.... never got around to asking where she picked that up, her name was Dorothy.

I boil my beans (pinto or Great Northern) in my spaghetti pot so can drain off that first water without the beans slipping out & down the drain, yes, it happened to me. Boil about 15 or 20 min & pour water off, fresh water & T of salt per pound of beans... and package of ham shanks. I used to add a couple cloves of garlic, fine chopped but bought a jar of garlic ready to use... some black pepper & they taste good to me. I cut off all the lean meat after cooked so it mingles with the beans & think of my MIL when I make corn bread to go with it. She always served it with fresh made cole slaw.

Jenn, got to tell you that my eyes filled with your news, I am so sorry they are all having to go through more. If I feel this heart ache I can just imagine how all of you are struggling to put a happy face on around Michele. Prayers continue for her health & strength to keep fighting.

Been a super busy day & I need to feed cats, clean the kitchen & get to bed. Just leave the lights on tonight, in my world they are all LED & will last for years!!!!

Mary Ann

Amy, I clicked on your link and brought up a recipe first thing.  After that, I struck out.  The Christian Photographer one I showed was a place Larry posted and there are a lot of recipes there, also with the post of the person who suggested it.  As a "non-cook" I did not go there.

Mary Ann

so_P_bubble