Random Image

Sun Avatar

Owner: Jeanne Lee
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:32:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

D

Norms Bait and Tackle

Started by dapphne, March 30, 2016, 09:23:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beverly

Joy - I hope your tests come out okay. I hate the way they always seem to make you wait over a week-end to find out the results.

I had the perm today. I think it turned out well. I like the new hairdresser I found. They are only two miles away and right near the Publix where I shop. Then I stopped at Beall's Outlet (same shopping area) and Walgreen's. By the time I got home I was exhausted and slept over an hour.

My first perm was a home perm done by my aunt. Anyone remember "Which twin has the Toni?"  :) I always said I must have been absent when God passed out hair. My mother told me she was afraid she'd have to get a wig before I started school. It did finally grow, but has always been thin and baby fine. My brother, on the other hand, had a beautiful head of hair. My three girls had nice hair but not thick. My son was blessed with thick curly/wavy hair. In high school (late 70s) boys were wearing their hair longer and my son's grew like a bush.  :) He badly wanted an Afro so we finally consented. It looked much neater that way.

We have a Denny's here, also Perkins. Perkins has huge, yummy muffins. Close to us is a Sports Bar, Beef O'Brady's. Chape and two of his friends sometimes go there on Sundays to watch Patriot's football. Chape is a Giants fan but because of his friends, also supports the Patriot's. It gets touchy when the Giants and Patriots face each other off in the Super Bowl.  :)

Marilyne - Shirley is from Florida. I've seen her post occasionally on the Soda Shoppe. She's very nice. I met Shirley and Danny once when Norm organized a group of us for lunch at a restaurant in Tampa. MARY ANN, you may know the restaurant. It was on a dock with a view of the water. They had a little gift shop and I bought a pitcher (made in Mexico) for my small collection. It still sits on top of my kitchen cabinets.

Where is Jackie today?

Good night all.

Vanilla-Jackie

Beverly...
...thank you for missing me...i am here reading up on posts...I am not in a good place at the moment...

Oh yes i do remember those " Toni "  home perms...an aunt tried one on me when in my teens, i never left it on long enough to see if it worked, my aunt was not too pleased..
" There is no present like the time "

Mary Ann

Good Sunday morning to everyone.  I am not at church this morning since I wasn't sure I felt quite good enough to go.  I think I will be OK, but I didn't want to have a spell and have to run for the restroom in a hurry.  Dot's DIL is here, along with Dot's son and the DIL went to church with her.

I think my problem is that what I ordered was among the last the restaurant had - fish and onion rings.  Both fried and I wasn't sure how I felt last night and this morning I proved it.  I used to think I had a cast-iron stomach, but I no longer think that.

Beverly, in our family, both Norm and I got the wavy hair and Tom has curly hair.  Tim and Terry did not have curly hair and both had high foreheads, Terry especially.  James has curly hair but Annie's hair is straight.  Of the twins, Jo has curly hair and Ellie has a bit of a wave at the end of her hair, otherwise, her hair is straight.

Jackie, I don't know how to respond to you.  I sympathize with your situation and I think others do too, but with an ocean apart, we cannot visit you in person, nor can we drive to take you wherever you need to go.  Your neighbors aren't very kind and I doubt they will change.  You just have to take things a day at a time and some day you will find you can move.  Maybe your grandson can look for a suitable place for you.  Or use the Internet to find something that is within your price range and comfort.  Keep in mind that many of our suggestions have been turned down as unsuitable.  Maybe that is why we applaud when you do something positive.  I have not been in your shoes and it is hard to compare situations.

Mary Ann

Marilyne

Jackie - I'm truly sorry that things are not working out for you.  I do agree with what Mary Ann said. We would all like to help you, but all we can do from so far away, is to try to be supportive.  You need immediate help, because of your MS, and yet apparently there is no department in your health service for you to turn to, that will step in?  I guess you will have to come to terms with the reality that waiting is your only option?  Eventually, the time will pass, and your solicitor/lawyer will get the job done, and you can put the house on the market, and then leave. In the meantime, for the sake of your physical and mental health, it would probably be best to expect nothing from anyone.  Just try to stay as busy as possible, and maybe place ads for selling the household items and furniture you do not use or will not want in the future. Then when the time finally comes to leave, you will be ready!
In the meantime, we are here, and reaching out to you across the ocean.  I wish we could do more, but all we can do is support you from afar, and hope that you will ask for, and receive, the help you need ASAP.

FlaJean

Another hot day.  We are dog sitting until next Monday.  One of the dogs is very quiet and content, but the older dog thinks he has been deserted.  He makes frequent visits to the front door with hopes they will soon return.  He has a bad heart so we are just hoping we get through this next week without any emergencies.  Gigi works so hard and she and Jeff have really been looking forward to this vacation.  They haven't had one for several years.  Thank goodness we have a fenced backyard so we don't have to worry about walking dogs.

I can't seem to get in sync with the ships arriving and departing.  I'm either too late or too early.

Mary Ann, hope you are feeling better.  I don't think restaurants are as clean or careful as they should be.

Jackie, I can't even imagine what you are going through.  My son also has MS.  He rarely leaves the house.  Can no longer drive or even feel like going anywhere.  But he has a very understanding wife and a son that is available if he needs him.  It makes a big difference.  Even with all that, there are times of despondency.  This comes with MS—one of the many side affects that people don't realize.  I think if people understood MS they would be more helpful.  It would probably be better for you to be in an area that would have more people which also means more areas of help.  I realize you are waiting for all the official stuff to be completed before you can consider what is possible.

Hello to everyone and hope you have a good day.

Mary Ann

Jean, the restaurant we went to last night is not open on Sunday (Dutch) so what I think I got was toward the last of their supply that they would not be using the next day.  I commented to the server that I usually had two nice pieces of fish on my sandwich and there was only one thin piece.  Also, we had onion rings that were not the usual large rings.  We'll go there again and if it is on Saturday night, I will not order anything fried.  Other things can be refrigerated.  Ordinarily their fish sandwiches have the two pieces of fish (tilapia) and are hot.  This sandwich was hot and it tasted OK, but it was kind of skimpy.  Picky, picky!

Tom will call when he is out of church and I think I will go to lunch with him.  If we go to a certain restaurant, I will have two eggs and rye toast and those should go down easily.

Mary Ann

Sasha

Jackie, everything Mary Ann said is true. If we could help, we would. If we can, we will. Meanwhile, {{{{{{hugs}}}}}} (which my machine thinks should be "higs."
There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.
- Albert Einstein

angelface555

Jackie we can only offer limited support. Here is what is available to you in the UK. These links may actively help you but you need to reach out.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1279282/

https://www.ms-uk.org/

Marilyne

Mary Ann - I hope you're feeling better that you were this morning?  Sometimes I think that the fish we get in our markets or restaurants, has been been sitting around a little too long!  I bought a large piece of Petrale sole, from Safeway, this past week, and when I opened the package, the smell was way too strong for me!  AJ wanted to eat it, regardless, because the date on the package had not expired. :P   I put it in a pan in the oven, with a little butter and some garlic salt, and baked it for longer than I ordinarily would. I wouldn't try it at all, but he ate every bite, thought it was good, and had no adverse reaction whatsoever!   For me, fish has to be FRESH . . . no strong odor!   We have to take our chances at restaurants, which is why I rarely order it. If it's a seafood place, it's usually okay, because they have a large turnover. 

I'm eating bland today also.  Not feeling the best, since I woke up this morning, so I'm taking it easy. I'm thinking about lying down for a while, but if I do, I know I'll fall asleep, and then will have a restless night tonight.  You can tell that I don't have a good attitude today.

Jackie - I hope that you're feeling less hopeless, now that the day is almost over for you?  Sometimes it's hard to find anything to be happy or positive about.  Tomorrow will be better!  :thumbup:   

Vanilla-Jackie

Mary Ann...
...thank you for your encouraging words...yes I too am praying that i can deliver some positive news in the future...this is what i have been  pushing myself for but, i cant do anything if my mental state and my MS body is interfering as it has now been doing...

angelface555

Jackie, You need to go through the various links and send out emails to the ones you choose most helpful. Ignore your MS Society that you belong to and reach out to those British groups that are there to help you. But you must first initiate contact.

You must take charge as there is no one else availble to fall back on.

Mary Ann

Marilyn, thank you, I am feeling better after having a cup of coffee and eggs and toast.  I am convinced that the problem was caused by having the fish and onion rings (both fried) and both were "end of the day supplies" at a restaurant that is not open on Sunday.  If we go there again on Saturday evening, I will not order something fried.  I felt funny when I went to bed, but took a Tums and slept good all night - except when Kendrick came in to visit me (he does not come quietly).

I don't know when I started this, but I think I fell asleep in the middle of it, sitting in my chair at the computer.

Mary Ann

SCFSue

Good afternoon, Friends in Norm's B & T!  I read your posts daily, but seldom reply, especially on Sunday as I go to SS & Church, then come home and fix lunch, read, and relax.  Lots of time when I think of posting, I think -- (I probably need to clean up the kitchen before sitting down with a TV program or some other diversion.  Today it will be a book I started reading yesterday.) So I just don't post, but I read each post and feel the friendships here.

I hope your Sunday afternoon is a happy one.  BTW, Mary Ann, did you watch the golf tournament yesterday on TV?  Tiger Woods seems to have gotten his "Mojo" back!  I didn't know if he'd get off the fairway/greens before the crowd mobbed him.  I think the fairway grounds keepers will have to clean up a lot of footprints!

Have a nice Sunday afternoon, Every One.
Sue

Mary Ann

Hi Sue, it is good to see your post.  I did not watch the tour that Tiger was in but I am now watching the Championship Tour.  I probably was out for breakfast with Tom at the time the other tour was on.  I am not a Tiger fan but I am glad he's been playing better after all of his surgeries. 

I am feeling much better this afternoon.  Maybe all I needed was some decent food such as eggs and toast. 

Mary Ann

Sandy

Good Evening Everyone...
I just finished watching
Rory win the FedEx Golf Championship.
It was a good day especially for him..
to the tune of $15 million dollars..

I was in the wrong business! 
 :knuppel2:  :uglystupid2:

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

Denver

A good Sunday afternoon HELLO to All.

We have been enjoying a very lazy weekend.....and it sure has been nice.  Last week was a go go all the time and I think we just needed some down time. 

We brought Luke, Dave and Michele's youngest son and their doggie home Friday night after dinner and picking Kate up from dance.  Dave took Matt and a friend to Vail for the weekend, part of Matt's Birthday celebrations.  Michele and Kate had a dance party to attend yesterday.  Michele was able to take her and did pretty well.  Dave picked them up about noon today. 

I was commenting over in the Soda Shoppe about our lack of people posting and how it makes me sad to see that one of the posters, JANE, posted good morning and then she said good night....no one else came in😩😩  I know I always think about you all, but sometimes I am just too tuckered out to get a post started......sorry to say.  I truly have tried to think of someone that might be a good person to invite to join us, but so far no one has come to mind.  I just wish we could get some of our past SN posters to come join in again.  I sure miss many of our friends that are no longer with us, as many of you do.  A few of you have had a friend stop in, but they never seem to come back and join in😩.  I guess it is not for everyone. 

JACKIE, it breaks my heart to hear you tell how sad you are and knowing all of the reasons you are.  IF ONLY you were not across the pond you would have so much support......as you know, we are all here and try to support you the best we can....BUT😢😢. I just do not understand why the. Her h people or the MS Society can not come forward to help you......I guess the folks that live in your Community just do not realize just how stranded you really are....they certainly should!  Hugs to you! 🙏🙏

MARY ANN, I am sorry you are not feeling up to par.  Sometimes I think food just does not sit well and then we have to suffer it out.  Fried food does not always bother me when I eat it, but it does enough that I try to avoid it.  Hope you will be much better tomorrow. 

BEVERLY, I started out with very fine and kind of gummy hair that always got knotted easily....I remember well my mama using the rat tail comb on me, and it was awful.  My hair is till fine but I have quite a bit of it, so do OK.  Perms were always a night mare for me, so I was quite happy to never have them again! Michele's hair all came out, but it has just recently started to grow again.  She was concerned at first, but the doctor assured her that this is how it does.....she thought maybe the chemo stopped working.  Anyway, we are watching it as it is not her regular color and it seems to be getting a curling look to it.......we have heard that it can grow back in totally different....different color and very different in curls or lack of curles.  Shall be interesting.

MARILYNE, I tried ordering shoes from a particular store and it was a night mare.  They kept sending BLACK ones and I was ordering WHITE....after three tries I just gave up.  Good luck to you and smart to use a company that pays the shipping.

OK, I have avoided getting dinner started but now I HAVE TO! 

I wish you all a good evening. 

Jenny

🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Mary Ann

Jenny, I'm glad to hear that you are having a quiet, less active day.  With all that goes on in your family, you deserve such a day.

Jenny, and others, toward the end of the day, I am feeling rather normal now.  I am sure it was eating fried food so late in the day and I will try to not do that again.  My mother was "pleasingly plump" and had gall bladder trouble.  She liked rich foods and I have tried to avoid rich foods and fried foods.  So far I have been lucky.  Norm did have his gall bladder out. 

I just spent a half hour on the deck and it was very nice.  The sun was just going down behind a building up on the hill.  There is no breeze and the temperature is in the mid-70s and I was very comfortable.  I fixed myself a salad and took that to the deck to eat.  Kendrick decided to stay inside.  Probably a good idea because there are a dozen Canada geese on the lawn.  Fall is coming.

Mary Ann

Vanilla-Jackie

Jenny...All..
...i am saddened too seeing how few members we now have left on our once lively, and active forum...It really does sadden me just how many we have lost ( to death ) over the ten or so years i have been a member on S & F's... Then there are the members who had just stopped posting, like Mahlia who i had no idea that she too had passed away quite some time ago...this really rings true just how precious and short our life is...we can be literally posting on here one minute and gone the next...

Sandy

Good Morning Everyone,
from the cooler and clearer rocky
coast of Maine.   

Now that Summer is coming to an  end,
(a  few more weeks only) perhaps we will all
get back to posting more often... 

I KNOW,  for me I have not been
feeling like chatting much 
since we lost some of our
oldest and very best friends. 
(Pat Scott and Larry Hanna)
and other spouses also. 

But is it time to get back
to some positive thoughts
mixed in with the sad ones. 

I am getting refreshed since
the weather is very refreshing
these days!!! 

Have a good week, 
Everyone !

Sandy
 :snowball:
(opps,  not that refreshing !!!   :smitten: )
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

angelface555

Good morning from a cooler Interior with it's first frost of the year. We have dropped from highs of mid-seventies with lows in the sixties to lows in the mid-forties and highs in the mid-sixties. We're about ten to fifteen degrees cooler than what has been common but when has anything this summer been common? We are having October weather in August.

Farrah has taken to be more verbal and less playful with more naps. She follows me from room to room and while never on my lap, she will lay near such as on the table in front of the monitor while I've become adept at holding the keyboard and typing. She's lost the orange patch on her stomach and the tan eyeliner on her face and the spot just before her nose. It's all gone to white, and the dots and dashes no longer show through her coat. It is all a seemingly medium gray now. She'll be seven years in mid-September which would be equivalent to forty-four human years. She has become very officious these days and expects her routines. Cats are crepuscular, which means more active during dawn and dusk, with a long afternoon nap usually for a healthy animal.

I see discussion sites such as ours, similar to SeniorNet, Thirdage, and AOL. Even Facebook is having issues, and people are becoming more aware of its problems and machinations. The organization is being investigated and or heavily fined in several countries due to information coming to light. I don't know what the next standard to be in computer internet evolution is. I feel that discussion boards are going the way of chat.

Mary Ann

Patricia, I can see the computer use changing as I read about Facebook's problems, also those of Twitter.  I have never been on either of those, in fact S&F is the only discussion group I've entered.  And I hope to keep it that way.  I do find that there is less and less for me to do on the computer.  My genealogy is as complete as it's going to get, mainly because of what is available.  There is a lot of stuff available but I have a lot of stuff in it already.  I know people have traveled all over the country, even to Europe to get some information such as deeds to property and such.  That's nice, but I don't care about that.  I do solitaire a lot and crosswords and jigsaws.  That is why I have gravitated to ships.  They move and from day to day they're different.  I enjoy the chats with the ships but I haven't joined in.  It interests me that people from all over the world join in those chats and few of the chatters are local.  I think a lot of what's available on computers is for younger people than I am.  I like to think I have bought my last computer, but if things are still going and I am still going, I will get another if necessary.

Kendrick has never been too vocal unless it is my bad hearing.  He does move his mouth occasionally and I'll try to mimic him, then he moves his mouth again but neither of us makes any sound that I can hear.  He's on my bed right now, a favorite place for him to sleep.  I give him some catnip a couple times a day and he eats that and wants more, but I do limit it.  He likes attention and rubs my shins often.  That's fine when I'm in shorts, but it plays hob with my dark slacks.  He checks on me often just to make sure I am still around for a scratch.

It's nice here today - 71 degrees outside, 74 degrees in this room.  I'm very comfortable. 

A lot of nothing about nothing!

Mary Ann

Marilyne

Mary Ann - I don't know whether it's true or not, but I have read and heard, that the majority of people who post regularly on Facebook, are what we used to call "middle aged" - between about 45 and 65.  Overwhelmingly women.  The younger people, (which would be about the age of my grandchildren  and great-grands ), post in Instagram, SnapChat, and Twitter.  I know that my grandkids NEVER post on FB, although they all are members.  They only go there to wish someone, (Their mothers and grandmothers), a Happy Birthday, etc.

The thing I like about Facebook, are the Groups, not the contacts with family and friends. (You get that whenever you want, in other ways.)  The groups are special interests, hobbies, sports, pets, movies, books and literature, politics, home towns, different decades, specific collections, etc. - anything that you are passionate about or interested in, and want to share with others who feel the same.  They are closed groups, so people, or so called "Trolls", cannot come in and disrupt the conversation, or write insulting or nasty comments.  If it happens, they are instantly kicked out of the group. When I have nothing to do, I go to my groups, and there are always new messages to read, that are of interest to me, that I can read or comment on if I want to.  I would recommend Facebook, for that reason, and that reason only.

Mary Ann

Marilyn, right now I'll say "thanks but no thanks" re Facebook.  Tom belongs to check what his kids and relatives are doing.  He will sometimes tell me something that his nieces or nephews are doing, also his kids.  While my "passion" at present may be genealogy, when I've been on such a folder, people are not involved in my family, nor I in theirs.  I am on Ancestry and Family Search and I do find new information in those places occasionally. 

Mary Ann

Marilyne

Jenny - good to see that the past couple of days have been running smoothly for you and your family.   Now that school has started, your grandkids will be busy for most of the day, and will give Michele a chance to rest and get ready for the Gamma Knife procedure.  Also gives you and Bob, a chance to do other things.  Do you plan to visit your family in Sacramento, this Fall?  I'm wondering how they like it there, compared to Paso Robles?  I'll bet you're anxious to see the baby?      Be sure to look into the online shoe store, Zappos.  I've had the best luck there, because they are the only one I've found who has lots of styles in narrow width, which I need.  They also have all other widths, and most name brands, so it's a great place to shop.  The best thing, is that they have FREE shipping and free returns!    It's easy to go online to their site for the return, and print out a label to take to the PO or UPS or Fed Ex.

Patricia - My son Brad, will be flying to Alaska today on business, and will spend most of this week in Anchorage.  He's been there a number of times, and once his wife, Jackie, went with him, and they rented a car and drove to Fairbanks, as well as some of the tourist favorites.  Jackie has a stepsister, who lives outside of Fairbanks, in a small town - can't remember the name right now, but will find out.  Brad was over yesterday, and commenting on how bad the air quality has been in Anchorage, this summer, so he's hoping for things to be better now.

Jean - I'm sorry to hear that your son is not doing so well with his MS. Does he live near you, so that you can see him whenever you want to?  Is it his son, who lives in Temple City, CA?   I know your other daughter is now living in B.C., so you are far from many of your loved ones. 

Jackie - I think we all enjoy rich foods, and fried foods, and your Richard, probably ate no more of that type of food, than the rest of us have.  For some reason, it seems that it effects some people more than others, and can cause the clogged arteries.  I know it must drive you crazy, knowing that he was soon to see the cardiologist, but for reasons we don't yet understand, he didn't make it in time. 

Sandy - Nice to see you posting more.  I hope you join us here, and also - drop into the Television folder!!  Very few people want to comment on the shows they watch, but I remember that you did see lots of interesting programs on Netflix and Amazon.  That folder has had almost no activity, since Gloria de, has left us.  I would like to see it become busy once again.

Mary Ann - The only reason I mentioned the Facebook groups, was to let people know that there are still message boards out there!  FB itself, is not set up like a message board, but is more of a "single sentence" board, to comment on something a friend has said, or to look at the occasional picture that is posted.  The groups are similar to S&F, in that you don't know anyone.  People post messages from across the US, and well as from other countries. So you meet and become online friends with a large variety of interesting people.  That said however,  my FB groups will never replace my friends here  in Seniors and Friends . . .  and Senior Net before.

FlaJean

Today has been stormy and rainy.  Gigi's youngest dog is afraid of thunder and the poor little guy was just shaking.  But it didn't last too long and the sun is beginning to peek thru the clouds.  Gigi has so much sight seeing scheduled and also family to visit, she will be ready for another vacation when they get home.  Today they went to the zoo.  She wanted to see the panda but it wasn't out.  The panda goes back to China next year, I think.

It has been cooler today.  It is only about 77 degrees so the rain did cool things down.  I'm looking forward to autumn which I love.  October is my favorite month.

Well, not much to talk about.  Hope everyone has a great day.

CallieOK

Merry Monday!

There are more notes on my calendar about family members going hither and yon than about me doing so!
Most of my days have been spent staying in out of the terrible heat/humidity ("feel like" temperature is way over 100º) and on the computer meeting Daily Challenges and/or Daily Goals on 4 different Solitaire games, watching ship webcams and reading e-books.

Marilyne, I've never investigated Facebook Groups other than ones from my hometown, where we lived in Colorado and where I live now. Might have to dip into another one or two - if I can decide what I might be interested in. 
I do not like the way Facebook "decides" what I should see and no longer lets me know on my page if my Friends have new posts on theirs.  Neither do I want an e-mail every time.  Oh well -- just add hunting through the Friends list to my other "daily chores".  ::)

Have also been enjoying watching the birds at the feeders.  I think they must be starting migration preparation - especially the hummingbirds. 
Have had to laugh at those tiny little things "inspecting" the house finches (males have red feathers on their heads) and male cardinals at the seed feeder before flying to their own feeder.
Cardinals' expressions always look a bit "grumpy" to me, anyway, and you can almost see them thinking,  "Get outta my feathers!" when a hummer buzzes around them.

Today was different.  Dil and granddaughter(home between trimesters of Chiropractic School) took me to a doctor's appointment, lunch and to do a couple of errands.  We really enjoy getting together so there was lots of chatter.

Also means I haven't met any Daily Goals or Challenges in the Solitaire games.
Off I go......

Hope Everyfriend is having an Enjoyable Day.

Beverly

Jackie - I also can't imagine being in your position. It seems there should be some organization where you can get help. We are here when you need someone to "talk" to.

Callie - I remember a few weeks in a row in Oklahoma where we had temps of 110. The A/C we had was old and didn't work well! Hope you cool off soon. Till then inside is a good place to be.  :)

I use Facebook to stay connected with family. They seldom use e-mail now. We also use the private message feature a lot. There are many things I don't like about Facebook but I would miss it.

I manage a closed FB group for the descendants of my Senecal grandparents (my mother's parents). They had 16 children. Some of my cousins suggested a reunion so we're working on that. Today I created an "Event" to get an idea of how many will come. We will need a fairly large hall and already have some ideas. It will be held next July in Vermont. It's really been fun to reconnect with cousins, their children and grandchildren.

I have a new (maybe temporary) doctor. I had to find someone because I needed a prescription re-written. I had planned on having my doctor write it during my appointment, which would have been today.  :( The new place is just 2 miles away.

Good night all.

Vanilla-Jackie

This is a tragic true story written about my-our family, i came across only yesterday, this was dated and posted 2005 and was written by my aunt and sent in to the local newspaper ( Hertfordshire ) by my aunt Doreen, my fathers sister who i believe maybe still alive...This story i remember well being told but, and judging by the date of the first tragedy i can see i too was of the same age 1955, i didn't know all the facts and details of Nancy and Tony, just that Valery fell in and Tony and Nancy got her out and they went in and drowned..apart from the story of my aunt Jean, that my aunt Doreen omitted to mention that my aunt Jean on her fateful car journey home had only just left OUR house visiting my father, her brother Alf, i had just gotten indoors from work, a Saturday, when my father told me i had just missed my aunt Jean and the two boys, my cousin Valery's boys...then the police knocked at our door to tell us my aunt Jean had died in a terrible car accident on her way home after she had left our house...

The two cousins of mine which drowned were my cousin Valery's brother and sister, my aunt Jeans children, I never knew them only Valery, and sadly she got murdered at age 32, i was in my late 20's...I went to her funeral only for some drunk man to throw himself over the hearse as it drove through the archway to the cemetery, police were there..as the cars got held up for those few seconds..

The eldest one my aunt Doreen is referring to is my father...quoting : " The eldest of them lasted until he was 65.." Oh, re-read this and the date of the drowning tragedy was the same date of my fathers birthday March 12th...i had no idea...

Link to story written by my aunt Doreen who would now be 90... 

https://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/news/579104.recalling-lost-nephew-and-niece/

Joy

Good morning.

It is a kind of cloudy day, and still a little chilly.  Supposed to be warmer by the weekend. I have no plans for the Labor Day holiday.

I am feeling a lot better. Feel like I am getting some of my energy back, as I got busy yesterday doing some things that I had let go.

Jackie, I am so sorry that you are still having so many problems getting your affairs straightened out.  Very sad story about your family members.  I continue to have you in my thoughts and, like all the others, wish that I could do something to help you. But, sending (((((((((hugs))))))  to you in hopes that each day will bring you  closer to solving all your problems.  I just hope that one of these days, you will be able to find a better place to live. Just try to keep positive thoughts.  Not easy, I know.  Take one day at a time.

Beverly, my thoughts are exactly like yours concerning Facebook. I don't like a lot of what I read, but I keep up with it to keep in touch with my grandchildren and to see pictures that family members put on there.  I do use the private messenger a lot of times. It is so hard to keep up with the kids.

Hello to all here in the Bait shop.  It is still early, and nothing has been happening yet this morning.

I did hear back from the doctor's office, that the CT scan I had last Friday showed no problems.  I still need to hear from the other test.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Joy
BIG BOX

Vanilla-Jackie

Joy...
...  i grew up hearing of the story about my two young cousins, i heard this had happened near a place called Hunton Bridge Abbots Langley...just a stones throw from Watford where we lived...