Random Image

Out My Kitchen Window 11/16/2017

Owner: Shirley
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:13:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Tablets, Pads, Smart Phones

Started by RAMMEL, March 29, 2016, 11:27:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kelly

Hi JeanneP
I read clearing cookies and browsing history might help.

Kelly

jackwv

JeanneP I suspect that is cached  not cashed, and Kelly had a good solution.   This is a long read that I fortunately do not need, but may help.

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/browsers/fl/http-400-bad-request.htm

JeanneP

I will read through that and see what can do . For some reason Apple would not accept my Password and so have decided to change a few of them this morning. I pad needs a good cleaning up. I have messed up a few things on it. Will just close it down .empty history, cache and enter with a fresh start some sites I have been in for a long time. 

Should take off all the games etc.

Does anyone know how to delete lot of the books that either have read or will never read?
JeanneP

Kelly

Hi JeaaneP
Try pressing the home button on your IPad, the one at the base of your screen.

And the pages you have viewed on the Internet will appear, all you do is 'swipe' the pages on the screen.

if there is a lot of 'pages' they can slow down the IPad and decrease battery life.

Kelly

JeanneP

Yes, I do that after had about 6 sites opened up. Never close it down without deleting them.
JeanneP

Kelly

Hi JeanneP
I mentioned that a fair number of people with IPads and IPhones don't know about deleting webpages

Kelly

jackwv

Kelly you are right, young people just think you should know. I had my iPhone over a year and my dil looked at it and showed me.   :thumbup: :thumbup:

Kelly

Hi jack
I don't think the companies tell customers enough about the modern phones and IPads.  And when they do it is to much Techy speak.

Kelly

jane

Quote from: Kelly on April 08, 2016, 02:01:18 PM
Hi JeaaneP
Try pressing the home button on your IPad, the one at the base of your screen.

And the pages you have viewed on the Internet will appear, all you do is 'swipe' the pages on the screen.

if there is a lot of 'pages' they can slow down the IPad and decrease battery life.

Kelly

When I press the home button, I get Siri.  Are these open pages the same ones that show a ross the top of the IPAD and I can X out of?

jackwv

Jane, yes one press will bring Siri, but press (not tap) the home button twice and the last apps you used should show up and you are able to swipe off.

jane

Thanks, Jack!  I found that on my android phone when I was warned to be sure to turn off things like google maps that we use for our gps when traveling.  That is so much better than our car's gps.

Edit:  I can't seem to get beyond Siri...I've pressed twice and she just keeps coming up. I'll close down and see if that helps.   :knuppel2:

Jakkims

JeanneP
You asked -
QuoteDoes anyone know how to delete lot of the books that either have read or will never read?

It may vary depending on where you get your books from, but I get most of mine from Amazon on the Kindle App and when I want to delete one I just press and hold on the picture of the book in my Kindle library list on the iPad and that gives me the option to 'Remove from Device'. I click that and the book is no longer stored on the iPad but remains on the book list and is still available at Amazon to download again if I want it. If I am sure I will never want it again I log into my Amazon account and scroll down to 'Manage your content and devices' and the book can be permanently deleted from there and will no longer show on the iPad library list.

Kelly

Hi Jane
Siri switches on an IPhone or IPad when you press the home button once and hold it down at the same time.

Tapping the home button quickly twice brings the internet pages we look at up.  I swipe them off the screen.

Kelly

jane

Thanks, Kelly.  I was pressing too slowly.  Once I did two quick clicks, I found the pages! :thumbup:

Now, to remember that.... ;D

Kelly

Hi Jane
Glad to hear it helped.

Kelly

JeanneP

It is all the books that I have read but still showing on my Library on the IPad and the Amazon Fire Tablet.  These I would like to delete.
Jakkims. I will go through the way you said and see what happens.  I know people who say they have a thousand books on theirs. I can't Understand for Why.
JeanneP

jane

I never delete books from the source....amazon or B &N.  I buy only fiction and from my favorite authors, and I re-read many of them over time.  I've   had to deregister my Kindle and Ipad from Amazon, which removes all the books you've purchased, but they're still at Amazon, if you should wish to re-read one again. 

I had to deregister because of a bad download.

Jane

JeanneP

Jane.  Some of the books that one gets for free are not worth reading. Even some one pays for.  I do want to keep the one that cost more than 2.95 and I know will read again. I am not into spending the $12 that some books cost.  I can still get those at the library on loan.
I did find a way of deleting.
On the Ipad  I go to All Books list Books picture to left you tap them and the DELETE comes over on the right so just slide over to left and they go.

Now on the Amazon Fire. go to books. Tap book and it will  say remove

from home or from Device.

All so easy. Now I sent the other Tablet from Google back. It was a little larger  but I didn't like it as well as the Amazon Fire.  Its all I need. With having the desktop. Ipad and Fire I was getting to confused by what did what.  Just not trying any of the other.  Brain will not handle them all.
JeanneP

Delphineaz

Android and tablet question.  I get free Wi-Fi where I live.  It is secured.  The Android has Verizon as does the tablet.  I use the free.  I am pay as you go on Verizon.  I am considering paying for wifi.  What would be the best way to go?  I have found $40 is price Verizon charges.  Are there any other options?  I do not have a land line phone.

Cottoncandy

Can someone tell me how to clear browsing history on my apple I pad. Thank you. cc

Cottoncandy

Thank u Jane. I wrote it down this time. CC

jane

Delphineaz

quick question.

I have an android cell phone and a tablet.  I also have two laptops.  I do not have a land line telephone.  I am currently using a free secured wifi.  I am looking for a secured wifi because the free one I use is so slow.  Any suggestions?  My phone is tracfone and I think my tablet is t-mobile.  Since the tablet does not have a phone option I could not find anything at t-mobil that seemed to fit the

JeanneP

I just use comcast. takes care of my Desktop, WiFi for my Amazon Fire tablet, Ipad.  Mobile phones I think are on their own. I use a Consumer Cell for Mobile. I have Comcast  for TV also. Still have a home line phone on ATT. Could do without it as none of the above works through them. it is just that I have had the same home line number for 45 years and would be a problem letting people know I don't have it anymore. Specially the Family and Friends in UK and France.
JeanneP

jane

Delphine....I think it depends on what's available in your area.  Jeanne mentions Comcast, but that's not an option where I live.  I don't think T-mobile is either or Sprint and AT&T wireless doesn't work well here.  Maybe your neighbors could give you some suggestions of what the options are where you are.

Jane

jackwv

I have Comcast,but with all WiFi location sometimes is the problem.  Wonder the source of your free wifi.   Have a neighbors son visit next door and  and will hook up to mine, but sometimes has to sit on my patio to get proper reception. 

JeanneP

Now there is something on can buy that will pick up WiFi for your tablet no matter where you use it.  I saw a man using his in the Laundromat. Looks like a little black box. See a few others since. Don't know if it is a pay by month thing or you buy it. They said it cost $49.95 so I would say you own it. Ask like Best Buys or place like that. In my town no matter where you are anymore can get WiFi. Even the parks and all around town. They are attached to the Traffic lights I believe. All the stores, restaurants. Offices you can get on WiFi.
JeanneP

JeanneP

Jack.  I had one man on my street that just paid his Comcast for TV and had a modem. Then he just let about 8 other people log onto his account for their WiFi. Charged $10 a month. Comcast say can't stop people from doing that as they have nothing to do with WiFi. With it being a university town then on campus  many student do the same thing. All have to use the same Password but he would change it every month so that if they didn't pay then they would not be on it.  Most of the people used WiFi for their gaming machines and things they say.
JeanneP

jackwv

Jeanne, I let my neighbors son use mine free when he visits. He is an adult and have known for years.     Had another neighbor ask and declined.  Not willing to give out my password and possibly have it passed along.