Random Image

Pets and Kids

Owner: JoanFL
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 08:59:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Photos Old and New

Started by Pat, March 29, 2016, 02:44:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vanilla-Jackie

Beverly...
...thank you, that is such a lovely photo of the pair of them together...Yes so hard to believe that they have both gone and in such a short time of each other, just a couple of months i believe...Yes i had spotted a post from her sister Judy B on our Christian site...
" There is no present like the time "

PatH2

I wonder if Paul was hanging on to be there for Pat.  It seems likely.  I never met them, but their quality shone out from the pages here.

Denver

Loved your holiday pictures, Bubble.  Thank you for sharing them❣️  Beverly, I can hardly believe that Pat and Paul passed away so close of time to each other. I did not know that Paul was ill.  I have met them both at our home and Pat at SNet Bashes. 
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Beverly

"Once upon a time!"

Jenny and Bob

Beverly

Since it's Jenny (Denver) and Bob's 52nd wedding anniversary, I thought I'd post a picture from one of the SN Bashes.

Mary Ann

Beverly, thanks for posting the picture of Jenny and Bob from a bash.  I am sure they have not changed one bit since then.  Belated Happy Anniversary!

Mary Ann

Vanilla-Jackie

I can confirm, no they both have not changed...I had the pleasure of meeting them both ( Richard was with me also ) some 4 or 5 years ago when they came over to stay in the heart of London UK for a month or so...We, me and Richard travelled by green-line coach to Baker Street, then walked the short distance around the corner to Regents Park where we stopped for a coffee and a chat, then we had to cut it short to make the 3 hour journey back home to Bedfordshire...My avatar photo that you see was taken sitting at the table with them...

Shirley

Ah, thanks for that photo, Beverly! Such a sweet looking couple & if you scroll back a notch you'll see the photo of their latest grand (Jenn's avatar).... and my screen lets me enlarge that baby's picture to see how much he looks like both Jenn & Bob! Honest, have a look!  Maybe Bob's eye color instead of Jennie's baby blues... certainly looks like them both to me.

FlaJean

I am just a little homesick for Ocala.  We lived there 28 years and I do miss going downtown to Tuscawilla Park and seeing all the shore birds water fowl.  We especially liked going every now and then to Harry's Bar and Grill for fried shrimp, French fries and coleslaw---inexpensive and good.  We haven't found a place like Harry's yet.  :)  Maybe what I miss most is being a few years younger!!!

https://vimeo.com/352313065

FlaJean

I see I repeated a couple of pictures.  I got a new Photoshop Elements to go with my new computer and just had to try out a slideshow.  The music came with the slideshow, thanks to Adobe.
Just couldn't resist playing with the program.

Mary Ann

Jean, it's a good memory to have, especially since you have the video.  I liked the yellow hibiscus in particular, but I really liked all of them.

Mary Ann

Amy

Jean, that was just beautiful!! Loved the flowers and really enjoyed the birds! Thank you for sharing..
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Shirley

Jean, not sure what happened but had a longer post ready & when I tried to paste it was the one I posted someplace else, not what I meant for in here. Anyway, wanted to ask why y'all moved, must have been a good reason at the time but know how much you enjoyed all the places around where you were before.  Such gorgeous flowers & I remember all the wildlife/birds.  Thanks for the video, I watched it twice, took me forever to come up with my password to leave you a message in there.  :crazy2:

Vanilla-Jackie

FlaJean...
...i can see why you are feeling " home sick.." same as for me... I noticed you had the same date that i-we ( Richard ) moved away from our previous house, was March three years ago, and oh how i am missing it...as they say " there is no place like home.." and where i am now living, will never be home to me...

I very much enjoyed you video of " home.." It is a sad day when we have to leave our plants, shrubs and flowers behind for someone else to enjoy...
...oh yes, " being a few years younger.." and a few years healthier...

FlaJean

Thanks everyone for your comments.  I gave into a little nostalgia.  Larry was in the military and we moved so many times in our married life.  I've had 6 driver's licenses and Ocala is the longest I've ever lived in one place.  But our daughter was really concerned for us as we are aging and wanted us to be close by so she could help us when necessary.

so_P_bubble

Aviv and his mother are on a three weeks holiday in Sweden. They are having lots of fun.

Sweden 03.jpg

Sweden 04.jpg

so_P_bubble

Sweden 01.jpg

Sweden 02.jpg

Here Aviv is fishing for crabs!

Mary Ann

Bubble, I'm green with envy at Illy and Aviv being in Sweden.  In 2000 I was in a corner of Sweden as we went from Denmark to Denmark.  Lovely country.

Mary Ann

Vanilla-Jackie

Bubble...
...i say do it while you are young...fit and healthy...grab every chance in both hands...as and when you can..dont look back with regrets...Illy and Aviv are building memories..
I have never been to Sweden...Oh, did Aviv catch any fish....I so envy Illy sitting in her yoga pose...there was a day i too could have done that effortlessly..

Shirley

Wonderful photos, Bubble!  It still surprises me how people can "bop around the world" so easily! I'm guessing you do miss them, my life seems empty as soon as any of the kids leave town.  I don't see them every day so just a "head thing". Thanks for sharing the happy photos with us. Tell Illy I think she looks too much like a kid herself to have a son that grown up. He is changing so much with every photo.

FlaJean

Bubble, what a lovely country to visit.  Very fortunate your daughter and grandson had this opportunity.  I enjoyed seeing the photos.  Won't be long before Aviv will be a young man.  Enjoy these years.

so_P_bubble

Vanilla-Jackie

Junee...
...is this today on your birthday, if so you look marvellous and just brimming with joy...
...thank you Bubble for posting Junees photo...i also saw Junees message you posted on her behalf in Soda Shoppe...it was so lovely to hear from her...

so_P_bubble

More from Sweden Vacation

The old school.jpg

The old classroom - now a museum

On the water.jpg
On the water...

so_P_bubble

The little cabin where they will spend this next week. It's in the yard of their friends house, simple but just right for an active little boy

Little cabin 01.jpg

Little cabin 02.jpg

Shirley

As someone used to say, "these photos are candy for the eyes".  June, you look as young and happy as in all the photos I've ever seen of you. I was "someone else" as well, long ago (Tisie) and envied you those trips! Somebody loves you that sent the beautiful flowers. Bubble is a sweetie to take care of us, isn't she? Whatever it takes to keep in touch, please do.

Ah, Bubble, love the pics of that growing boy, but that one in the canoe should be framed & on a wall. It is a painting just begging to be put on canvas! Not only some of your favorite people but the photo itself is outstanding with the reflections in the water and all the different textures of greens in the leaves. Love the expressions on his face, you can see the joy just "bubbling" out.... maybe his grandmother showing up in his genes?  Thanks for sharing.

JaneS

I love all the pictures too.  As everyone has note, Aviv is growing up!  His love of life shows in his eyes and I'm sure part of that is due to his "Grandma".  I only hope my grandchildren share that appreciation of THEIR Grammy!

In the past, I avidly followed Junee's travels!  I wished that I was also on her itinerary but no such luck.  Thanks for the photos and the posts.

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Vanilla-Jackie

Bubble - Shirley...
...i too love the canoe photo just wished Aviv wasn't covering his face, his eyes at the time his photo was taken...as for the scenery, it is spot on perfect...

Mary Ann

Bubble, thanks for posting Junee's picture.  I have a feeling she will be (or has already) eaten some of her bouquet.  I may be wrong, but it looked like fruits and vegetables.

Junee, you look wonderful and I hope if I reach your age that I look as good.

Dot is doing well with all of her aches and pains that she tries to ignore.  She had her 89th birthday in June.  Norm has been gone almost four years.

I hope you continue in good health.

Bubble, great pictures of Aviv.  It's nice to see a picture of an active boy doing what an active boy should be doing.  I'm glad you posted them.

Mary Ann

Sandy

It is so hard to believe
that Norm and Papa John have been
gone now for so many years....
 :'(
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan