Random Image

keani hugs

Owner: Beverly
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:10:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for September 1, 2018

Started by so_P_bubble, September 01, 2018, 01:47:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amy

Good morning everyone.

Yesterday went well, in and out of the appointment in good time then on to Costco. There we loaded up the van and emptied our wallets. Came home and made some raisin bread to take today for our friends. I put some in the hidey hole if you want to toast some for breakfast this morning.

Today we are off to the city for my appointment  then on to meet our friends where I will exchange some quilt tops, bread and a few things for her to make cat toys.

Lloyd, safe travels today. Bet that motor home is a nice one!!

Jane, some times we do have to think about things, other times...well hand it over to the Man upstairs and he will take care of you.

June, hope you found your pep overnight.

Better move it, foggy out there this morning and I am not fond of driving in it!

Enjoy your day everyone.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Gloria

Good morning everyone, all week with the rain they have been predicting thunder storms, well last night we had one. Very loud and bright flashes of lightning. First time one woke me up in a long time. I did get back to sleep though. Today school bus drivers in Providence are going on strike. Parents sure will have problems getting their children to school. Was nice years ago when there were many neighborhood schools and did not depend on school buses.

AMY  hope you sis not leave all your money at Costco yesterday.

JANE  what happened to business people who say they will call and never do. Sure are more independent these days. Notepad comes in computers and I have it on my task bar so easy to get to. Easy to type in. I think it was Oscar back in Bis' Nest who told me about it and have used it since. I remember the name of the school I went to in first grade, the teacher? Who knows.

LARRY  glad Pat is getting a rollator, they really are the best way for getting around when one cannot walk by themselves. I wish I had bigger wheels, hard pushing the smaller wheels on gravel and uneven grassy areas. At my sons I can no longer walk through the orchard and at the home my grandson had he had a long gravel path to the door. Have not been to his new one yet.

PETER   nice seeing you here this morning. Pretty quiet here where I live.

GLORIA de  for awhile going anywhere I was the only one with a rollator no matter where I went but now seeing a regular walker is rare because more found out how wonderful rollators are. Takes your longer for your DIL to get to New London than it takes to drive there from where I live.

JOY  hope you got outside yesterday. Rained here yesterday so stayed in. Hope I can get out later. You are fortunate not to have pain. I have learned to live with it. I was told 10 years ago  was too old for surgery and do not want back surgery anyway. My health other than the arthritis is good, heart and blood pressure are great.

JUNE  sorry you are not feeling well to even cancel your doctor appointment that is in your building.

LLOYD  glad you found a motor home you are happy with. I wish you many years of happy traveling with it.

Have a great day everyone.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  I see AMY is already off and running.  I'm taking it easy this morning.  I have a long drive to make later this morning and I'm not doing anything before that time arrives.  Come to think of it, I might not do anything after I get home either.  OOPS!  That's not right.  I pick up Kiran after school today.

Gloria, I know about notepad.  I use it all the time for other stuff.....shopping lists, reminders, making gift certificates....I just never used it in conjunction with this website.

LLOYD, congratulations on your purchase.  I wish you pleasure on every trip!

Enjoy your day Everyfriend!  Grab it and make it your own. 

P.S.  Thanks for the raisin bread. AMY.  It got my day off to a good start.

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Joy

Good early morning to Jane, Amy and Gloria.   Nice to see you here so early Gloria.

No, I didn't get outside yesterday,  By the time I had a little nap,  the sky was getting cloudy and then the downpour arrived.  It was so dark it looked like nighttime.

I have another busy day.  OT and nurse will be here at 8:30 and 9:30 .  I told them both I needed to allow a couple hours to have lunch and get myself ready to go to the doctor's.  So, I was up at 6 and have had breakfast and will just stay in my robe for the time being.

Jane, I know you will enjoy being with Kiran today.   I hope to see 4 of my little great-grands on Saturday.  My son has a big family/friends reunion every year and hopefully, the weather is going to be very nice, for a change.  It will be so nice to see some the little ones and also some friends and relatives that I don't get to see very often.  There will be over 100 people there and lots of good food.

Have a good day.

Joy
BIG BOX

larryhanna

Hi Everyone.  It is a bit foggy here this morning after we had considerable rain and storms around her yesterday afternoon and evening.  The forecast says a 90 percent change of more rain today.  There were 7,000 people without power as a result of the storm and lightning struck the newspaper building in our County seat resulting in the loss of some of their computers and the ability to get the front page of today's newspaper printed.  It is suppose to be included with the tomorrows newspaper.

We spent the day at home yesterday as Pat wasn't feeling up to getting to her morning meeting.  We did enjoy a nice meal at Church last evening and then Scott came out for a short visit. Today will be my typical Thursday to pick up my friend and go to coffee.  I plan on stopping at Walmart on the way to pick up prescriptions for Pat and to put one on file and after we come back from coffee need to stop at the Credit Union, which is close to the Walmart to take care of some business. I have nothing else on the schedule for today. 

Pat took her new Rollator to Church last evening and it worked out very well.  I notice she has put away the walker and started using the Rollator here in the house as well.  One of the suggestions in the little booklet that came with the Rollator was to get the little plastic shower caps to put over the wheels when putting the Rollator in the car to keep the seats clean and also to use the handy wipes to clean off the wheels after having it outside where it could pick up dirt and girt.  I am not worried about the car seat as it is leather and will clean easily but may still try the suggestions.

Roley, if we are lucky we usually don't have to use our furnace until at least mid-October or the beginning of November.  However, if I am chilly it will be turned on at least for a little while during the day.  It sounds like you have a lot of wildlife that live around where you do. 

deAngel, the tray on the walker is very useful.  However, Pat can sit a tray on the seat of the new Rollator without a problem as the wooden floors are level.  Your visit with your DIL sure went by quickly. 

Joy, did you ever get to attend any of the Bashes or get together's that we had back in the SeniorNet Days?  I was able to attend only one but sure enjoyed meeting so many people.  I think there were about 75 folks at the one in Atlanta.  Like you I have no problem with arthritis.  Hopefully your heart problem was a temporary one and you will get a good report from your heart doctor. 

June, sorry you haven't been feeling well and had to cancel your doctor's appointment.  I hope you are feeling better today. 

Jane, I hope what you had to think about from your doctor's visit isn't something too serious.  Enjoy your time with Kiran today as I know you will. 

Lloyd, was the motor home you bought yesterday the one you have looked at and liked?  It sounds very nice.  Does the slide out automatically extend and retract? 

Amy, I sure know what you mean about leaving your wallet at Costco.  I seldom get out of there for less than $75 to $100 and have only a few items. 

Gloria, our son loves rain as he says he sleeps very well during those period of time.  I hope the school bus drivers can resolve their concerns and that it isn't a long strike.  I think the bigger wheels are really the way to go on the Rollator.  I am happy to see her use the Rollator and hopefully give up the cane as although it helped didn't really provide the support against falls that she needs (at least in my opinion). 

MaryTX

Good morning everyone. 

I was going thru my cupboards this morning to make up my online Walmart shopping order and came across my package of corn meal.  I remember recently someone either in this group or Norm/Mary Ann's, mention they couldn't find corn meal is one pound packages just the large packages.  Quaker sells corn meal in a 1-1/2 pound container (a smaller version like Quaker Oatmeal).  It seals, stands upright and is very handy,

I only shop at Walmart or Kroeger so I got it at one of those stores.

I know what y'all mean about leaving your wallet at Costco!  I used to shop at Sam's and can probably count on one hand the times I walked out of there without spending at least $100. They seldom have electric carts available and even with the rollator, I can't walk far.  I would be sitting resting more than walking! 

Mary 

Click for Arlington, TexasForecast

JaneS

Hello Everyfriend!  My long drive today wasn't as bad as I had expected.  I went a back road over the mountain and made a short stop at a state park to bask in some memories.  This park was developed by the CCC back in the depression era and was then named Half Way Dam.  They have a beach, primitive camp sites, a picnic area and lots of hiking trails.  It has since been renamed to honor the Ranger who spent about 30 years supervising the park.  So now it's called R.B. Winter State Park.  But I'm afraid it will always be Half Way Dam to me. We used to have a pop up camper when the kids were little and we'd take it up there and set it up for two weeks (that's what was allowed) early in the summer.  The kids swam, hiked, climbed trees, enjoyed the campfires and sometimes, on a nice night, slept under the stars.  At the end of the two weeks, we'd move out and then wait the required 3 weeks and go back.  At the end of the summer, we hooked up the camper and took a vacation to the mountains, the beach or somewhere special.  Those were the days!

Then I continued my drive to the Applied Kinesiologist (non bone cracking chiropractor) and had a great session!  I came home and left all my minor aches and pains there.  I also picked up a lot of good advice! 

I didn't have my session with Kiran because she stayed home from school today.  She wasn't feeling well.  I stopped by for a hug and to see if she needed anything (she didn't) and then I came home.

Now I'm going to sit out the evening.  I had the remains of last night's supper, the doggies are fed and have been out and in about a hundred times.  They're ready to rest, too.

We had more rain today, too.  When will it ever stop?  This is the rainiest summer/fall I've seen in a long time!

JOY I know how much you enjoy your gathering with friends and family.  I'm so glad you're feeling well enough to take part. 

Enjoy your evening, Everyfriend!  If I don't get back to say good night, say it to yourselves from me.  You are always on my mind and in my heart.

June Drabek

I spent another quiet day at home, had a good nights sleep, so no nap today. Tomorrow is Friday already. This has been a nothing week for me, but I'm looking forward to tomorrow and hope to be out and about. Nothing special, just out. Need to return a book to the library and pick out a couple more.

I pray you all have a perfect nights sleep and a happy tomorrow. Hugs, Love, and God's Peace. June
As long as we are here, let's dance.

Denver

Good evening.  I can not believe it is already Thursday Night.  I have not had any spare time to get my computerize done.  When the boys are home I am dealing with them and when they are gone to school we are planning meals or running out to grab something plus do a little site seeing.  In the last day the trees have started to change and many of them are so beautiful. 

I did catch a bit of the hearings on the TV.  BEST NOT talk about them as I am sure many are not certain exactly how they feel.  I know I for one am extremely disappointed at how this whole thing has been handled......

LARRY, the grandsons are 11 and 9.  They both have Birthdays this month so will be moving on, one on the 13th the other on the 20th.   Sure happy for Pat that she got her new rollator. 

GLORIA, we had sunshine most of the day today, but the rest of the time has been rainy....tomorrow included.

SHIRLEY, how is your grandson doing?  Continued positive thoughts and prayers for home.  Sure happy you enjoyed your visit to the mountains. 

I must do a couple of things before I head off to bed.

Pleasant dreams to all,

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone. It is 49º and clear here this AM @ 5:21 going for high of 63º today. time to turn on the heat a bit and get out the long slaves. Have a great day. we bought the motor Home sight un Sean  on purple wave. a complete set of pictures. did get the owners phone of the owner and call and talk to him. reason for selling is health not able to travel any more. we are pushing that status so going to get going while we still can. Have a great day.

Lloyd

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  It's already been a busy (and rainy) day.  We've been up for about an hour and a half and tending to jobs that were hollering for attention.  Now it's time to get ready for work.

After work, I have time to come home and see to the doggies needs and wash my hands and face and take off for another Dr.s appt.  I have one more next month and maybe a dentist next month and then I'm good until after the new year.  Sometimes it seems like they all come at one time. 

I wish you all a good day.  Make of it what you will.  It's yours!

Gloria

Good morning everyone, once again Cox was out this morning. Came to the PC with my coffee and turned it on and turned on the TV to get local news. No internet TV or phone. Grrrrr! No idea how long it was off. Maybe  that hours long interrogation on the tube yesterday wore every thing out? 54° and raining again. This month broke a record for having the most rain in September since keeping records. Glad I spent a few hours outside yesterday, a beautiful day to enjoy.

JANE  when I first went to the Nest I would jot down notes and then tried reading them and post in the box. I was happy when I learned about the notepad and used it ever since.

JOY  looks like I will stay inside today. Let's hope the weather cooperates for the big family reunion on Saturday. Enjoy it.   

LARRY  we have had over 7 inches of rain this month, glad it was not snow-we would be snowed in if it was. By the time I come into the building I walk on carpeting so by the time I get up here there is not much if anything on my rollator wheels. In the house I have a tray on the rollator seat to carry anything.  On TV they just showed the school bus driver picketing all with slickers on and umbrellas. It is pouring right now.

JANE  when we started camping we had a tent and air mattresses, Then we got a pop up camper and so much better. Then my 3 had so many things they wanted to do we quit camping.

JUNE  hope today you are feeling much better and get outside and enjoy a walk.

JENNY  sorry there has been so much rain since you have been in Boston. Not too good for sight seeing. The color in the trees will be much better the second week of October. Unless all this rain and wind knocks leaves off.

LLOYD  I hope you get many years of happy traveling with your new motor home.

JANE  next month I have a Dr. appointment and the day after I have a dentist appointment. That will wear me out for the rest of the week.

Have a good day everyone.

Joy

Good Friday morning,  Jane and Lloyd.  And, to all the other special friends.

I slept in a little bit this morning and I am not feeling as chipper as when I was waking up earlier.  It makes everything later getting done.

My doctor's visit yesterday with the pulmonologist wen well. They did some breathing tests and did determine that I do have COPD, but since I do not have any symptoms, he wasn't too concerned.  He said I could stop using the inhaler that they had given me at the rehab place.  No need for it and to come back in a year, unless I have any problems.  My primary care doctor will keep on top of it.  So, that was a good feeling.  Not another doctor to have to go to.

Today the PT will be here and then 2 days off.  I think next week the visits will get cut back.  They all are telling me that I am progressing very well.  I can tell myself that I am getting stronger.

It looks like the rain is over for almost a whole week.  It will be nice to have a pleasant week end, for a change.

Jenny, glad that you are having a nice visit with your Boston family.  You are so fortunate that you are still able to travel and get to see some different places.  I really miss not getting able to get away.  I wanted to get to the beach all summer, but getting too late for that. 

Jane, wishing you good luck with your doctor's appointment.  It is a nice feeling when you can say you don't have to go to the doctor's until next year.  Even tho "next year" really isn't that far away.   But, a nice feeling, nevertheless.

Hope everyone will have a nice Friday.

Joy
BIG BOX

Joy

Good morning, Gloria.  You sneaked in on me. 

Our camping days started out the same as you.  The very first time I went, we were in Boy Scout tents with air mattresses, also.  Then, we had a home-made pop-up and then a real pop-up after that.  I really like the pop-up out of all the other camping vehicles we had over the years.  It was always so airy with all the net sides.  We used to go to the Outer  Banks in NC,  and it could get very hot down there.  Even with the sun beating down, those curtains would always be blowing.  I have some really nice camping memories from a lot of years we went.

Sorry you are having more rainy days.

Joy
BIG BOX

larryhanna

Hi Everyone. We have an overcast morning and suppose to be mostly cloudy all day long with a small chance of more rain.  Yesterday we had three separate periods of heavy rain with a lot of lightning and thunder.  Yesterday was a very busy morning but I accomplished all I had set out to do.  Pat fixed us a delicious dinner with meat loaf, green beans, potatoes, apple sauce and a dinner roll.  There was enough left to put three dinners for both of us in the freezer for future use. Today I plan on staying home and taking it easy. 

Mary, is the corn meal you have from Quaker the yellow corn meal?  That is what Pat is looking for to fix a coating on fish.  I looked again at Walmart without success but bought a little box of mix to fix fish in that was lemon pepper flavor.  I hope it is good.  I find that if I get to Walmart around 9 am that I am usually able to get an electric cart. 

Jane, it sounds like you had an enjoyable trip over the mountain yesterday.  It sounds like you have some wonderful memories of your early camping experiences with your young family.  Glad you felt better after your treatment and hope it stays that way. 

Gloria, I think we also have probably had seven inches or more of rain this month.  It has been a very wet summer down here and the fall is continuing the same.  However, I will take this over drought any day. I bought a box of wet wipes yesterday to clean off the wheels of Pat's Rollator.  Our son suggested to his mother getting a ramp put in to get from the house to the garage.  I have previously discussed this with her but so far she has not felt it necessary.  Pat uses a tray to eat her breakfast on each morning in her easy chair and it fits very nicely on the seat of the Rollator.

Joy, I thought that both Pat and I had finished all scheduled appointments for this year but after Pat saw the Primary Care doctor this week he wants to see her again this year.  I hope your pep returns today.     

June, sure hope you feel up to getting out for a bit today as you don't want to get "cabin fever".  Sometimes it is not the length of the time we are out but just getting out for awhile and seeing other folks. 

Jenny, we have watched a lot of the hearing yesterday but like you will not express my opinions here other than to say I felt for both parties having been put through this circus.  Thanks for the info on your grandsons. 

Lloyd, when will you get possession of your motor home.  At least buying it from an individual the kinks should have been worked out of it.  I hope you and Nancy can have many enjoyable trips in it. 

Bubble, thanks for posting the pictures for Jane so we could see how little Emma has grown. She sure looks like a happy baby.     

Amy

Good morning everyone..

I slept in and hit the floor a running. Met our friends and picked up the panel so got me . Picked up the blister packs, dog food ,bird feed and 11 lb bag of pearl tapioca.The lady that owns the bulk store brought it in for me. Hubby loves tapioca and the only kind one can get is minute and that has been ok but I am going to try this and one can only buy it in this size.

Our trip to the city went well yesterday although the dogs didn't fare as well at the trip to Costco, we get them a hot dog to share! :)

Jane, I would have loved to go with you on that drive..love country back roads. We used to camp in a tent with sleeping bags ,no mattress. Then camp cots we bought making it a little easier . Dad would set us up at Provincial camp ground then he would go back home for work but would always come out on the weekend.

Joy, I think our pep ran off together as I do not have any today. I am not going to push it either,will just do what needs to be done. Tomorrow is another day! Took me a long time to get to this frame of mind but slowly it is setting in.

Larry, happy to read the rollator is working out for Pat. I think they are a blessing and when hubby needed help he used one. Now our wheelchair is being used by the neighbour to take his Mom to and from her Dr appointments.

Gloria, tis almost apple time!! Soon the markets will have all kinds of them , I need some for pies but will wait and see when the Spies come in.

June,I hope you have a wonderful day ,inside or outside meeting all your friends.

Lloyd, sounds like a great deal on the motorhome. I would imagine that gentleman took real good care and it would be a hard decision for him to sell. I am happy you got it!!

Ok,. I have to move it..get the dog food emptied and the bird cage cleaned and ..and ..and ...we shall see if it all gets done :)

Enjoy your day everyone.

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

June Drabek

My hopes to get out today are not working out. I just feel too tired to even bother getting dressed. Maybe later today. I am going to order lunch sent up to my room, even though I am not hungry. I fixed a bowl of oatmeal for breakfast and I'm still full.Quakers instant, apple and cinnamon flavoring.very tasty, very easy,made in microwave.

I had a call today from one of our activity directors, reminding me of a Red Hatters meeting. I told her I was not well. Before i could take a breath, she was saying a prayer for me. Rather lengthy, and she speaks so rapidly, I missed some of it, but it is greatly appreciated.  Another reason I love living here.

Hopefully I will get out later today..I need more books and I need to check my mail box. I will hope it happens. Love you all.   June

Amy

Good morning everyone...

Dreary day here, rained during the night too. No hanging laundry out today I see. Need to make a trip to the dump. take 2 huge bags of garden garbage  and our house hold garbage.

I slept in again so better get a move on .

Enjoy your day everyone.
Jimmy Dean

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  Once again, I went to bed without saying "Good Night" to my friends.  I have no excuse!

This will be a shortie because it's almost time for the boinger and the doggies will be bugging me for their breakfast.  They know what the boinger means.

Sorry for the delay.  The boinger went off and we had to go get breakfast. 

Woke up to heavy fog today and it's suppose to be cloudy all day.  NO RAIN PREDICTED! We shall see!  I hope it's not raining where JOY is so they can all enjoy the last picnic of the season and she can see all the little ones and the bigger ones of her family. 

I wish you all a good day.  Make it your own!

Gloria

Good morning everyone a nice 52° now but supposed to get to low 70s later and sunshine NO RAIN,  at least that is what  the weather guesser just said. Would be great to have a few days without  rain. Happy Coffee Day.

JOY  good news for you and happy for you. Hope today you are more chipper than yesterday. Just the thought of a few days without rain makes me happy. Like you I can no longer get around like I used to. I would love to go pick apples but would not be able to reach up and pick any not to mention walking around an orchard. We used to go camping near Provincetown at the end of Cape Cod and go swimming in the ocean every day. We all loved it. Those were good days.

BUBBLE  thanks for the link to Emma.

JANE  I know how you wish Emma was closer so you could hold her. She is a little beauty with a happy smile. A lady here is baby sitting her 6 month old great grandson. He is a happy baby and always smiling.  I would love to hold him but know I am not strong enough.

LARRY  yesterday we had another inch of rain. Every thing is water logged.

AMY  I always used the Minute tapioca and it always worked for me. Already apple picking time here. My #1 son has already picked some and brought me some Macs. Did not taste as good as his were. He spoiled me for store bought apples. For pies or apple crisp and apple sauce I like a blend of different apples, tastes better.

JUNE  I have oatmeal every morning but the old fashion kind that has to cook. Hope you felt better as the day went on yesterday.

Have a great day.

Joy

Good morning. Woke up to a beautiful sunny morning.  So happy that the sun is out and it looks like a summer day.  It is supposed to be only in the mid-70's but that is ok.  I plan to take a blanket or some other kind of covering, as it will be chilly just sitting.

I am so looking forward to seeing my grandson, Mark,  his girlfriend,  who also is a "Joy" and the children.  They are looking forward to the hay ride and some of the girls who board horses at my son's will supervise the horse back rides.  The kids always look forward to that.  My son has about 35  acres and boards about a dozen horses.  They have a large deck on the house, which  overlooks where the horses are.  Their property butts right up along a state park, so in the evening, usually the deer will come out into the edge of the woods. 

I will try to stop by again this evening if I am not too tired when I get home.  My son is picking me up a little early, so I can  stop by a store to see about getting a new walker.

Jane, sorry the weather is not too good in your area.  Maybe some of our sunshine will find it's way north to you, at least for tomorrow.  And, Gloria, like you, I am so happy  that the rain has left your area.  By the looks of the weather forecast,  we are supposed to have a nice week ahead. 

Have a great Saturday.  Thanks again for all the friendship that is shared here. 

Joy
BIG BOX

larryhanna

Hi Everyone.  It looks like it is to be another cloudy and rainy day but the temperatures are suppose to stay in the 80's, which will be nice.  I have most of the kitchen chores completed other than to get Pat's breakfast when she gets up.  I am looking forward to the day as seem to be feeling better this morning than I have for several days.  I plan on attending my Saturday meeting this morning and then will watch college football this afternoon and probably some this evening.  Otherwise expect to have a quiet day.  I just stayed home yesterday and didn't do anything of note.

Amy, that is a large bag of pearl tapioca.  My dad loved tapioca but I never acquired a taste for it and Pat has only made it a few times during our married life.  Those are some hot dogs one gets at Costco.  Don't ask me how I know that.  :)  When I was at Costco the other day I tried to find Red Delicious apples and they had none.  The worker I asked about them said they are awaiting the new crop at any time and they had no more Red Delicious.  They had Gala apples, which Pat likes and they are OK, so I got a flat of them.  They sure display the apples well in those clear plastic type containers.  I am not familiar with Spie apples.  Are they nice crisp apples? 

June, sorry to read that yesterday was not a good day for you and do hope you were able to get down to your library. As you know it is important that you eat to keep up what strength you do have.  How nice of the activity director to pray for you when she learned you were not feeling well. I just bet God heard every word of the prayer even if you didn't. 

Jane, I hope you enjoy your cloudy day today and that the rain stays away. 

Gloria, I also hope you have a day without rain so you can enjoy that great temperature.  I thought we had more rain from the several heavy downpours we have had the last few days but I emptied the gauge yesterday and it was only about 1/2 inch.  We will probably get some more later today. Is your son going to have a good crop of apples this year? 

Joy, your son has a pretty good acreage and that is quite a herd of horses he has.  I hope you will be successful in getting the new walker today and maybe he will assemble it, if needed, and you can use it today. 

JaneS

While I was in here this morning, I got a text from my daughter asking if I wanted to go along to the Amish store.  I did.  We just got back a little while ago.  Everything is put away and I got a hoagie for my lunch.  I'll be eating that soon.

On the way I told my daughter about stopping at Half Way Dam and reminiscing about our camping days.  She was reminded of some of the things we did there and on other camping trips at other state parks and vacations.  We laughed our way to the market.  That was fun!

And, yes, I did get some good bargains and some nice produce at the Amish store.  I like to go just to spend time with Cathy.  The bargains are an added incentive. 

I sure hope JOY is having a good time!  She deserves it after what she's been through in the past weeks. 

Continue to enjoy your day.  It's yours!

JaneS

Oops!  forgot to tell Larry, The Amish Store has 3 different kinds of small bags of yellow corn meal for $1.49 each. I thought of you and PAT.

Amy

I am so glad we left for the dump when we did, we were first in line to see the four cubs that had jumped into the big bin. The man put a ladder down into the bin and oh my did they scurry out!!! They were all in good shape  and their coats were shinny.

I did manage to get some laundry out on the line between drops  :thumbup:

Now to tidy up and relax for a while..
Jimmy Dean

JaneS

AMY, what fun!  I bet they were so cute!

Amy

Jane ,they were cute and so scared!!It was quite a drop to the bottom of that bin but it sure didn't take them long to climb the ladder out. You just wanted to hug them, :smitten: I took photos with my phone but can't seem to get them to email???
Jimmy Dean

June Drabek

Gloria, I didn't get out yesterday, just not up to it. Today was better. Just had a nice long shower, and soon I will put a small pizza in the microwave. I did get out to the library and have three new books to read, and while I was out I sat in the glidder in the sunshine and got some exercise gliding.

I hope to get to Church tomorrow, and start the week out feeling renewed. A whole week of indoor loafing is not my cup of tea.

Joy, I am so thrilled you are feeling so much better. Your son's place sounds like a story book home, and I hope your new walker will be just what you needed. My Rollator is pretty ancient..it was my husbands "hand me down", but has served me well. My balance is not to be trusted at all, I would be chair bound if I didn't have the rollator to keep me upright.

Larry, thank you for your kind thoughts. Today I was more capable of getting out and about. Just had a nice long shower, and that alone is refreshing. I am missing the Hymn Sing that we have the last Sat. of each month, but i feel I have done enough for the day. I can no longer "push" to do things, my "get up and go, got up and left."I am thankful for what I can do, and I think you feel the same way about your life.

It is time to close this down and go heat up my pizza, then relax with one of my new books.

May God grant you all a peaceful, healthful night, and a happy Sunday. Hugs, Love and Prayers,always. June

JaneS

Just popping in to say, "Good Night Everyfriend"  I wish you a restful night and a day of your choice tomorrow.  May God bless us, every one!