Random Image

pledge.jpg

Owner: Jeanne Lee
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:01:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for MAY 1,2019

Started by so_P_bubble, May 01, 2019, 05:59:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

so_P_bubble

so_P_bubble

so_P_bubble

so_P_bubble

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever."
-Aristophanes   

so_P_bubble

One day, Einstein has to speak at an important science conference.
On the way there, he tells his driver that looks a bit like him:

"I'm sick of all these conferences. I always say the same things over and over!"

The driver agrees: "You're right. As your driver, I attended all of them, and even though I don't know anything about science, I could give the conference in your place."

"That's a great idea!" says Einstein. "Let's switch places then!"

So they switch clothes and as soon as they arrive, the driver dressed as Einstein goes on stage and starts giving the usual speech, while the real Einstein, dressed as the car driver, attends it.

But in the crowd, there is one scientist who wants to impress everyone and thinks of a very difficult question to ask Einstein, hoping he won't be able to respond. So this guy stands up and interrupts the conference by posing his very difficult question. The whole room goes silent, holding their breath, waiting for the response.

The driver looks at him, dead in the eye, and says :

"Sir, your question is so easy to answer that I'm going to let my driver reply to it for me."     

so_P_bubble

Amy

Good morning everyone..

Overcast and calling for rain today. Taking my vehicle to see if I can get the oil change today..

Working around home and may start another quilt  if time permits.

Bubble, thank you for the new start page. Love the giggles.

Enjoy your day everyone..
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

I'm a little late getting in here this morning.  Had a bunch of stuff to attend to before I could sit down with friends.

This thing has reverted to not letting me see the bold, #4, green printing while I type.  If this is the way it's going to be, I may not be able to post in here.  I loved it when I could actually see what I was typing.  I'm pretty sure it will print the way I want it to but I can't really see what I'm typing.  So I'm going to knock off for today.  If I can't see it, I don't really know what it looks like.  It's kind of like the old high school typing test when we had to put the cover on our typewriter and stick our hands under the cover to type.  I hated them! 

I  wishyou aal a good day!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Lloyd Hammond

Amy ? what do you have against the service man, taking the car in dropping wet for him to have to stand under it to service it. Have a good day. we had a bit on the top side of 4" rain in the last 24 hours. not raining now but is cloudy and calling for more rain today.

Lloyd

Gloria

Good morning everyone, no sun yet, cloudy again but it is dry so far. 44ยฐ so not warm either. Yesterday weather guessers said today would be dry but this morning they are saying showers at times. Then the next 3 days have rain in the forecast. Looks like May is starting with rain like April was. My daughter in Arizona sent me a photo yesterday of the hail they had Monday afternoon.

LARRY  that James won again on Jeopardy. He is almost up to a million and a half in winnings.

JOY  you sure had a wonderful birthday celebration. It is wonderful when family gets together like that. That  is a lot of work to get the crab meat  out but just a bit  more work than getting everything out of a lobster. That is what we are more used to up here in the New England states along the shore line.

JANE  looks like you had a busy day yesterday. One nice thing is that the groomer comes to the house and you do not have to take your fur babies to the groomer,

SHIRLEY  I used to love walking in the rain but these days would love a week of NO rain. We have had too much rain this spring. If we can call it spring, been too cold. That  smart man on Jeopardy won again last night. I would feel like a millionaire if I even won 10.00.

JANE  a day is never wast ed when we learn something new.

BUBBLE  love the first graphic, beautiful. Great answer from Einstein's driver. LOL with the cartoon. Thanks  for the new book write in.

LLOYD  expect rain here later AGAIN.

Have a good day.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Lloyd Hammond

I slept in this A M. my wrist is lot beter today but my Lower back has called the pain down there. 59ยบ and cloudy today 80% chance for more rain today. boss is calling for the morning meal so best get see you all Later.

Lloyd

CallieOK

Merry May Day.
Marking my place.  Am on tablet and prefer to type posts on pc.
CUL8R.

Denver

A good MAY DAY TO EVERYFRIEND 🌷🌷

Our company is here so I only have a couple of minutes to say HELLO.

FIRST OF ALL....my eternal thank you to all of you for your so appreciated words regarding Michele.  I could not ask for any kinder words of careโฃ๏ธ We still do not know anymore about the future plans of treatment.  We are doing our pickups from school and taking the children to their activities this week, along with trying to host my cousin and his wife from California.  They are very understanding and thankful have a car and can come and go as they please.  Sadly, they will not get to see Dave's Family.  Michele is down and out, as usual after the Monday chemo.  I have not even seen her as she has been in bed and I do not do stairs unless I absolutely have to.  We try to be as quiet as we can be so as not to disturb her. 

We have had rain and snow since our company arrived Monday....we need the moisture so badly, but it has been disappointing as we hope it would be nice while they are here.

My thanks to you all AGAIN....YOUR SUPPORT helps me tremendously!

Enjoy this first da6 of May!

Jenn
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

larryhanna

Hi Everyone. It is already 74 degrees here this morning and we are headed up around 90 degrees this afternoon.  I did have a great nights sleep last night and didn't even get up to have my Camomile tea.  However, this morning things went downhill quickly when I tried to stand up and slid off the bed onto the floor.  I was too close to the edge of the bed and when I started to slip off the bed my  cotton socks on the wooden floor got no traction and the next thing I knew I was on the floor.  I tried and tried to get up but no strength in my legs.  I finally got on my knees but didn't have the strength in either my arms or legs and we finally called Scott, who was here in a few minutes.  He got behind me and just picked me up.  Once I was on my feet I was OK.  Nothing broken but sure going to have a sore tail bone and sure I am going to have some sore arm and leg muscles as well.  We have already made some changes to see this doesn't happen again including putting down a bathroom rug at the side of the bed and I will no longer wear cotton socks to bed but some of those you get in the hospital with the little rubber dots on the bottom.  I realize I must start an  exercise program.  I printed out instructions for me sometime ago. 

The one plus of my fall this morning was to get my bottom number for the blood pressure above 60 for the first time is quite a few days.  It is obvious to me from how much I have written that I am a bit hyper this morning.

Bubble, thanks for the usual start to the new month.  I like all that you posted especially the Einstein funny and the cartoons. 

Jane, your postings certainly appear in Green and we don't want you to  post.   Don't understand if it was showing green for you one day and you do things the same way why is isn't the next day.  Hopefully someone can help you. 

Shirley, it is obvious you like to have a nice yard but in the scheme of things as long as it is mowed how important is it if there are some weeds.  While I have always like a nice looking yard, not the best in the neighborhood perhaps but it is now mowed and trimmed so even though it isn't very green I am now wasting a moment worrying about it.  Our friend who was here yesterday was going home and firing their lawn service as the weeds and sedge grass was taking over their yard that had once been fine.  One of the service men had told her that many of the companies are watering down the chemicals so they are not as effective now to save money as the chemical are so expensive.  We did have a weed free yard two or three years ago when I hired my own service to fertilize my yard and then the lawn service the HOA uses started taking care of that but the results haven't been very satisfying.  Things like this can be aggravating but in the long run are just not very important.  Guess I am repeating myself and I know each of us see things differently. 

Amy, how nice of you to give the Von person freshly baked bread. 

Joy and Jane and Shirley, when I was able to grocery shop I always tried to take things from the back of the display case as they stock the older items in front and the newer in back.  Sometimes there were two or three days difference in the sell by or use by dates. 

Lloyd, that is a lot of rain in 24 hours.  The trouble is a lot of it runs off and doesn't soak into the ground, at least it does here. 

Gloria, while I have always watched Jeopardy having someone win so many times and so much money really increases ones attention to it.  James continued his winning streak again last night. I don't know how one person can be that smart as he seldom gets anything wrong. 

Callie, I also prefer to type on the computer rather than the tablet although it isn't too bad to type on it. 

Jenny, I left you a long posting over in Norm's Bait and Tackle so won't repeat it here.

Shirley

Larry, like you, the days of NOT DOiNG are catching up with me, have not slid off the bed but am having to be more than careful to not do a "tipsy" over with any quick movement. These muscles seem to whither faster than they strengthen so am telling myself that time to work on them is NOW.  Hope you aren't too sore tomorrow, need to keep that padding on the tush if you play those games!

Love the graphics & jokes, Bubble. You do keep busy (and out of trouble?)  Thank you.

We had less than an inch & half in the rain gauge but I emptied to ready for more tonight. It is gray & cool, had to chase cats out so I can clean this floor. They hate the vacuum & dust mop & there is serious icky on the floor this morning..blame it on the cats.  ;) My super neat son is stopping by after work, he does this fairly often. Won't eat because "Wed is the day to work out & he can't eat before".  He eats his main meal at noon (they both do) & snack on cheese & fruit evenings. She runs marathons & he just makes his clothes look nice. Amazing how different 3 kids can be with same parents & home life.

Gloria, I'm sure I've said it before, that I never won anything except once when I handed the paper to sign MY name on for me to my friend, for the drawing at Art Guild.  Sure enough, my name came out of the hat & I felt like I had to share half the winnings with her! Half is better than nothing, right? Did the kids have damage from the hail?  I'm not going to brag about not having a bad hail storm around here for years.... afraid this will bring it on.  :o   Used to have damage nearly every year at least once. That poor Rialta got hit so many times it was finally "totaled" and we bought it back as salvage! Seriously. But I took dry ice on hot sunny day & it popped the biggies out & nobody saw the top to care. Could not buy the "sheeting" for the sides anymore but after I got done it didn't look bad at all, Jenn saw it... Loved that baby.

This is not getting the floor clean, a whole list of "to-dos".  I got up at 4:30 with a cat wanting in. When I opened the door the 2nd one popped in ready for breakfast & by the time we got to the other end of the house, Mama Callie was waiting at the door. After they ate I fried a couple pieces of bacon & and egg... remembered I had the biscuits from KFC so made a small skillet of gravy & discovered my left over hash browns in the frig so heated half of them & had myself my fav kind of breakfast. Drank my cup of coffee with all that food & crawled back in bed. We just got up about 10:00 because the phone rang. Nothing like being retired, huh?  Except someone has to clean house.....  :crazy2:

JaneS

Shirley

Jane, if you type one line like this. Do a copy....

then delete the line & put in your "font name, size & color"... as the curser bounces between the brackets... paste your sentence & see if it doesn't come back your color. Then you can add your whole post in color. It works for me.  What I am seeing right now is the little black letters. Don't know how others have been doing it but this is how I make it work for me.... (but you do realize I do everything backwards, upside down or just plain screwy).... You do have to post (I think) to get that first line size/color/etc

Shirley

Forgot... post & then "quick edit".... well, so much for help... :2funny:

Amy

We had a great day. After the oil change we went for a drive even though it was raining it was easy on the eyes to drive.:)

Lloyd, it wasn't raining at the time and they did get to work on a dry vehicle.. I just talked with my son and he is in Columbia MO is that anywhere near you?

Time to relax...
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Shirley

Amy, is your son going east or west?  He must be on I-70 & if he's going through St.Louis, we used to time our trips to go through at night. Don't know if they've improved all the bridges going over the river, but we've come close to being squeezed into concrete by big rigs. It has been at least 8 or more years since going on east, but I am serious that we used to take naps on either side to make sure we got through in the middle of the night. Safe trip to him. I also love driving in the rain, so peaceful & easy on the eyes.

I haven't seen Tom (cat) since this morning. Been a long time since he missed a meal, but guess plenty of wildlife he won't go hungry. Speak of the devil~~ He is back, eating the chicken the girls didn't want. It is a misty rain so his fur is wet. All 3 are sitting outside under the "overhang" to stay dry, they like to feel "free".  ::)  Tiger still needs to come in for her last meal of the day. Callie has been grumpy with them today, looks for an excuse to smack them in the face with her little white paw. They just back off & let her have her way. Think I will go to bed early, sleepy weather. Sweet dreams & God Bless.  Shirley

CallieOK

Good Evening,

I'm using a "split screen" so I can go back and catch up on posts I want to comment on and type my post at the same time.  We'll see how well that works.

First of all - to Jenny:  I'm specifically mentioning Michelle and your family in my daily prayer when I ask the Lord to be with any friend who needs His special touch.  Hugs an love to you, my friend.

Bubble,  thank you for the new Soda Shoppe and the cute stories.  Love the one about Einstein's driver.

Larry, looks as if you started a trend with your story of slipping out of bed.  I have some of those socks with the dots left over from my one and only hospital stay several years ago.  They're good for keeping feet warm at night.
Dil's mother called her son at 4:00 a.m. one morning because she had slid out of bed and couldn't get up.  When he asked her how in the world she "slid" out of bed, she told him she was wearing silk pajamas.  Plenty of teasing about that one!

Shirley,  I'd gladly share some of our rain with you but it's moving east and north.  OKC had more than 3 inches yesterday and more today.  There were several tornadoes in the state but none near the metro area.....this time.

All of the plants my dear family put in on Sunday are probably wondering if we're trying to drown them. 

Also strange to have the heat on on May 1 but the house has been chilly for the past couple of days.

Nothing on my schedule any day this week and I'm finally starting to catch up on those things that "need" to be done but not necessarily "right now".  Of course, about the time I get caught up - the list will start again.  <sigh>

Sleep well, Everyfriend and have pleasant dreams.

JaneS

JaneS

one more time....I can't find anyplace to "copy"  And I can't see this at all.  It's just a big blur on the paper.  Sorry folks.  Unless I ca get back to seeing larger, I'm finished.

Joy

Jane,

I didn't plan on writing anything here tonight,  but hopefully this will help you.

Try this:  Click on the "B" for bold, then go and click on the second "A" to get the size and then click on the little box with the colored dots and click on the color you want.

And, then, start writing your message after the little "Cursor".

You might also ask Larry to tell you the way he writes his message to get the size and color he uses.  He doesn't go back and highlight the message after he writes it to change everything.  I hope this is clear enough for you.  If you still have trouble,  ask Larry to help you to change the size and color like he explained  right after they made all the changes.

Hope this helps.

Joy
BIG BOX

Lloyd Hammond

Amy It is a little north and east of us. we are rule rut 6 3/4 miles of Holden Mo. even have good clean bed if he wants to use one for a day or two, will even feed he or them if he has traveling partner for a few days no work or charge. us 65 or 13 or either or will get them on us 50 into Warrensburg or 131 in to Holden mo. I could meet them or talk them on in here. If they are interested give me a call and i can meet or talk them in. good night and sweet dreams.

Lloyd

JaneS

It's very interesting because while I've lost the ability to actually SEE what I'm typing in actual color and size, I thinkI've got the faces back.  Like this  >:(  :-X  :idiot2:  :angry2:  :baaa:

Amy

Good morning everyone..

Wet day here, must have rained overnight and it is to rain today. Flooding in this area has slowed down for now.

Today is make up for what I didn't do yesterday and believe it or not it still needs to be done...no one did the cleaning while we were off gallivanting.

Lloyd, thank you ,will pass that onto him. He doesn't stay long in one place always on the move. Can you or maybe Larry or Bubble remove your phone number? You don't need any sales people or scammers phoning you in the middle of the night.

Shirley, I have no idea  other than he is headed to Fort McMurray was in Alberta. I do know because of the size of load he is not permitted to drive at night.

Joy, that is  almost how I do my posts also, I just do it in a different order. Size, colour and bold font.

Better get a move on here ,enjoy your day everyone.

Jimmy Dean

JaneS

That's how I do mine and they always print fine.  It's what I see when I'm typing that has changed and nothing I've tried so far has helped.  I really liked it when I could actually see what I was typing.  Now it's "by guess and by golly".  So I won't be typing as much!  Enjoy yur day!

Lloyd Hammond

Shirley I have to sometimes lean over close to the screen to see what is there, AMY too late we already get a few un wanted post. we have on my computer work space a phone called  clear captions, example say you are talking to us is says what ever you are saying in Farley large print if you are talking clear,not slurring your words. if you slur one it calls wrong word. it will say whom was calling; if i have put them in phone directory or regular calling person, press on face and will light up x # missed calls all you have to read them and delete if you don't want to return there call,here they are free phone's and very nice. if you do not understand a word in your ear just read it on screen. it is 54ยบ and drizzling calling for high of 62 today. Have a great day.

Lloyd

phyllis

Jane, it sounds to me as though the font size on your computer has changed.  Can you hold down the CTRL key on your keyboard and press the + key in the numbers row on your keyboard?  That should enlarge the font size that you can see as you are typing in the reply box.

I had to do some serious catching up this morning.  Bubble left the old room and went to this new one and I got lost.  I'm here now and finally reading what was posted yesterday.

Larry, that was scary for you to fall.  I'm glad Scott was close and could get there to help you.  Have you thought about attaching a grab bar to the bed so if you start to slide again you can grab and hold on until you get your feet under you again?  I know that Walmart and Amazon,  and many others, sell them and they aren't expensive.

It's THAT day again.  David and I are off to do the grocery shopping so I will come back later to read those who sneak in behind me.
phyllis
Cary,NC