Random Image

Red Columbine

Owner: Shirley
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:34:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Gloria Hansen - GloriaDe - Lindancer - June 3, 2019

Started by so_P_bubble, June 04, 2019, 03:04:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

so_P_bubble

Gloria de 2017.jpg

so_P_bubble

from Johann Mc

Gloria Hansen had grown up in Charleston, SC, and married her husband who was stationed at the Naval Base there during WWII.  They had retired to Long Island, NY, and he passed away several years ago.  They had lost both of their sons in accidents.

so_P_bubble

GloriaDe, I'll always see you in my mind with a red elegant hat!  You will be missed by all on the forum as a cheerful optimistic lady.

Sincere condolences to the family. 

Vanilla-Jackie

This has started me off crying again, the sudden loss of yet another one of our regular members... :'(

Gloria D - De Angel, I will always remember you as the Red Hat Lady, you have been a joy and a pleasure to have known on our S & Fs forum, I still remember our chats in our "sitting on the porch"  swing, we once had set up....think it was our " tranquil Cove " before our site crashed..

Rest In Peace, and may God be with you..

Jackie Hathaway..

" There is no present like the time "

Mary Ann

Oh, how sorry I am to hear of Gloria de's death.  She was such an interesting lady and I admired that she was so active even to the end.  Rest in Peace, Gloria.

Mary Ann

Shirley

My sincere sympathy to Gloria's friends, her wonderful neighbors, and family, she really was one of a kind right to her last post. Loved her attitude, it never wavered as she accepted whatever life dealt. I enjoyed reading her every post, she managed to thrive on what life offered and grateful for everything someone did for her. I will miss her but so very grateful to have known her. No doubt in my mind that Heaven will bring out the red hats to greet her. Thank you, Johann, for being the chosen contact for us.  Shirley in Kansas

phyllis

In my mind, I can still see Gloria in her red hat.  I'm sure she put it on to go to be with her husband, Cyriel, and her two sons.  We will miss her positive attitude.
phyllis
Cary,NC

MarsGal

Amy

Another great lady we have lost. Condolences to family ,friends and neighbours who loved this lady so much. The neighbours kept and eye on her and food at her door they certainly were a blessing to her.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Lloyd Hammond

good morning everyone. I am with all of you in missing Gloria's company here, but so happy she is in the best home. I am sure she is in best hands she can be in. I know God greeted her with open arms. Have a great day.

Lloyd

Gloria

Such sad news this morning about Gloria de. Along with everyone else I will miss her posts. She was so upbeat even to the end. She loved the Red Hats and all the things she did. My condolences to her family and friends.

Another Gloria.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

angelface555

Gloria, my friend, I will miss our emails and your sends of what you found funny, wise or fascinating. You had a quiet, lovely spirit that touched so many. I know that Taffy will miss you and so will I.

Lindancer May18.jpg

FlaJean

So sad to hear of GloriaDe's passing.  Such a lovely person and I enjoyed her posts about her Red Hat meetings and when she was an active golfer.  We have lost so many of our Seniors these past several years.  I'm glad that her daughter-in-law was with her, and she mentioned her grandson had driven up from Florida.  She had a long well lived life.

Marilyne

Gloria - I will miss you so much!  Yours was a life well lived, and you were an ongoing inspiration to me and to many others over the years.  Your sweet and cheerful personality was always shining through, in spite of the many tragedies in your life.  May you rest in peace, and have a joyful reunion with your husband and your two sons.

JaneS

GLORIA was special in all our lives.  I wonder if she knew HOW special she was to us?  I'll miss her happy posts and her reminiscences of days past.  She shared such lovely memories with all of us and she had a loving family and loving friends. She is surely with Him now.

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Amy

Patricia, thank you for posting the lovely photo of Gloria, what a beautiful soul she is..
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Denver

I am so very sad to have to say goodbye to you, Our Special Friend, GLORIA de.  I always enjoyed your many special comments about one of your boys or one of the special golf stories you always had to share with me. You were loved by so many that will also miss you so.  We knew you were not well, but we sure hoped we would have more time to enjoy our daily visits.

Rest In Peace sweet lady.  I hope you are in the loving arms of your dear husband and your boys. 

Thank you, BUBBLE for posting the beautiful picture of Gloria.  I hope someone will take Taffy until she  can join Gloria again.

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

angelface555

Via Jackie with thanks.

Obituaries
Gloria Hanson
by Riverhead News-Review | 06/04/2019 12:41 PM

Email
Gloria Hanson of Riverhead died June 2. She was 95.

She was born Feb. 12, 1924, to Connie Gerard and John DeAngelis in Patchogue.

Ms. Hanson had a 28-year career with Southampton Hospital. She was a member of the Red Hat Society, Glenwood Lassies and Homemakers club.

She married Cyriel Hanson Oct. 12, 1945, in Charelston, S.C.

Ms. Hanson was predeceased by her husband and her sons Dennis V. Hanson and Mark R. Hanson. She is survived by her daughters-in-law Linda D. Hanson of Massachusetts and JoAnn R. Hanson of Florida; and grandchildren Jesse Hanson, Lucas Hanson and Amanda Hanson.

Visitors will be received Friday, June 7, from 10 a.m. to noon at Tuthill-Mangano Funeral Home in Riverhead. A funeral service will take place the same day at noon at the funeral home followed by interment at Calverton National Cemetery.

Mary Ann

Patricia, Jackie also sent the obit to me because it was not published early in the morning when I checked.  I posted the obit in "Sad News".  I'm glad you found it.

Mary Ann

Tomereader1

how sad to lose another S&F regular. Our ranks are thinning, but one day we will be able to meet these sweet souls in heaven.

Vanilla-Jackie

Tomereader...
...I hope there is room in heaven for me as I shall be brought over from the UK to meet with you all...I hope  " angel wings " will be given to me..
" There is no present like the time "