Random Image

fe's Henna tattoo

Owner: Sandy
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:21:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe April 2, 2017

Started by Jeanne Lee, April 02, 2017, 10:41:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gloria

Good morning everyone, finally had a good night's sleep. Could be because it was sunny yesterday and warmer. Just heard local weather, tomorrow and Thursday we are in for a lot of rain.

AMY  I am glad that here we have the big walk in showers, I had already bought a seat for the tub where I was living and brought it here with me. The toilets are high ones here, too. When I first read that Youth Minister I thought of my older son and DIL. They had the youth group from their church. I remember some of the things they came up with for the kids.

DON  I know you and Bubble have enjoyed your time in Israel.

LARRY  even with that list of acronyms in front of me they would drive me bonkers. Getting so people will forget how to talk, just use letters instead of words.

JEANNE LEE  Phyllis does have wonderful creations. I remember your creations in PSP, too. Good chuckles. Thanks.

PHYLLIS  remember the early days of PSP when you said you would never be good at it?

HAL  ginger snaps and cold milk for me, always liked that.

My CNA is here so will be back later.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

phyllis

QuotePHYLLIS  remember the early days of PSP when you said you would never be good at it?

I do remember, Gloria.  It took me a long time to learn it.  I enjoyed it for so many years and even went on to learning Photoshop.  Now, however, I don't do much in graphics creation at all.  Once in awhile I submit something to Joan for use in SodaShoppe but most of my stuff has been archived and Jeanne Lee has access to that while Joan is recuperating.

Some days I miss doing it.  It really occupied a lot of my time and attention a few years ago.  I would even wake in the middle of night with some sort of "inspiration" and couldn't go back to sleep until I got up and did something about it to try to translate the thought into a graphic.  Now, I lack both inspiration and incentive, I'm afraid.  ;-(
phyllis
Cary,NC

halkel

Good Morning Everyone!

Beautiful sinshinny day here, going to be very warm and no bad weather forecast for this week.  I have no appointments this week, just need to accomplish a few little jobs.

Larry, big week in your area with the Master's taking place.  I will be looking in on that event, although I don't get too excited about it like I used to.  First place with my eyesight not what it used to be I have a hard time following the ball in flight and also finding the hole on the greens when they are putting.  But Augusta course is so beautiful it is almost like a picture post card.  I read somewhere that they close the course for the summer after the masters because of heat and humidity.  Is that true?
a couple of my golf buddies, of old, now since gone on, used to go every year and rent a house for the whole week.  Both had lost their wives and had grown up together, one lived in another town but would come to San Antonio just to play golf with the other.

Terrible what happened in Russia this morning. 

Hope everyone has a great day and week.

Lindancer

Good afternoon, and I still am not dressed.  Cloudy but mild day, no wind. Would you believe to morrow is rain again.

Larry, I understand how you feel.  since this last go round in the hospital I stay very tired. There is a Red Hat luncheon  Thursday at a restaurant about a half mile from here, I might try and go , just to get out.  My friend said she would let me off at the front door.  also there is a Lassie meeting to morrow (women's club in the park) but I do not plan to go trying one day out will be enough. not going to Homemakers Friday either. I am use to being able to go. Homemakers and Lassies do not meet in the summer.

Thinking about Joan, and all my other cyber friends.  Hugs to all

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

June Drabek

Almost nine thirty in Stanton, Ca., and noon time on the East Coast, but you are all just a page away…so here I go, to see how all you dear, dear, friends are doing.

Amy..shame on that Vet for leaving a stitch behind. You should get a discount on your bill.

Jane, how often do you bathe the dogs? I used to do a lot of brushing on mine but not too many baths. They all, down through the years, found a bath distasteful to the nth. degree. Penny, my last little one would hide in her cage and I would have a terrible time getting her out…I was old, and she was old and stubborn.

Larry, you are wise to listen to your body. We can push ourselves just so far,and then learn to be careful. There is much I still want to do, but as the day gets to be past noon, I start to fade, so have to just pass up the fun things and behave. You have not only yourself to care for but your wife needs your help too, so rest as much as possible.

Phyllis, Yes, Menninger Clinic moved to Houston in 2012. They have 50 acres there.

Gloria, did you ever do PSP ? Regina is so talented, I thought perhaps she learned from you. My mother did pastel pictures and was very good. I have three of them on my walls here. And of course my son was a Graphic Artist for some big companies. I can draw a straight line so the talent did not reach me.

Hal, I am glad you are free of medical trips this week. Enjoy your leisure as much as possible. What happened in Russia ?????? I haven't had any news on as yet.

Gloria de, I do hope you will be able to go to the Red Hat luncheon. We have a Red Hat group here at Rowntree and I was invited to join, but I declined. I only want to go where I feel up to it, not be obligated to attend.
As long as we are here, let's dance.

Gloria

CALLIE  only once did I have to drive in thick fog. At night and used the lines in the road to know where I was. Then turned down the road to home and could only see the grass at the edge of the road. Sure was relieved when I pulled into my yard.

GLORIA DE  more than once I have had my breakfast and went back to bed. Accordding to local news tomorrow and Thursday we are in for about an inch of rain. I do have to go out on Thursday. Not looking forward to that. I know we do need more rain. I have a few umbrellas but cannot use them and my rollator. Glad I do have a rain jacket and hood on it.

SHIRLEY  I copied Jeanne's chuckles, too. Will have to send that to my grandson so he ca keep an eye on his son. You whine? I never saw you do that. Yellig about the expensive lemon you have would make anyone scream. I feel bad for your DIL but I am no help.

AMY  home made ginger snaps are so much better than any that one can buy. Sure wish I could bake some again.

MARY ANN   I sent that youth Minister to my daughter, her younger son is active with the youth in his church, just helping. Hope Tom enjoys it.

JANE  it would be womderful if Natalie got the job she really wants. Prayers that she gets it.

SHIRLEY  I did get a few pictures of wild turkeys going throug my son's orchard. Too many in the groups to count.

AMY  hope the vet makes sure he/she gets all the stitches out this time.

JANE  I walked around the parking lot when my CNA left aand think I will go for another one when I finish here. Beautiful day, in the mid 50's.

LARRY  hope you feel much better today.

PHYLLIS  I have not done mush of any PSP since getting this computer. Had problems getting plugins installed. Lost all my codes for the Eye Candy ones and most new tuts use them. When taking the lessons at times had a hard time with one and would get up in the middle of the night to work on it till it sank into my brain.

HAL  I remember once misspelling a word and how you teased me, now I do not think I ever heard of a sinshinny day before.   :2funny:  ;D   :thumbup:

JUNE  I was doing PSP before the ones doing it now started. Bunnie is the one who got me started way back in SN. Remember the birthday cards you used to get from us? One was from me. My daughter does have talent, mine is using the PSP program and taking lessons for it. As JOAN used to say about it, you never learn all about it. She did some wonderful creations till she got ill.

June Drabek

Gloria, I surely do recall the lovely Birthday cards I had received from you girls. I still have one on my computer...it comes up on my screen saver occasionally. It is a group of violets, my favorite flower, and I still enjoy seeing it.

Carol

June:  Happy Birthday  We are packing and leaving tomorrow (a month early) for home.  The weather looks alright - just need to be careful of the dust storms in Arizona as we drive out. 

I will check in on you when we set up at home - stay out of trouble  :bravo:

June Drabek

Carol, thanks, but it is not my Birthday...we were talking about past B. Cards. :D Have a safe and happy trip home dear.

halkel

Gloria, how do you know I misspelled the word? ;)

JaneS

Hal, she knows because I told her....just kidding but she's right.  There's only on "N" in the second part of the word.

June, I give them a bath when I can't stand the smell any more.  Or in Annie's case, when she looks dirty.  I also have a dry cleaner that I use on them once in a while. 

You are all correct.  Menninger clinic is in Houston.  That's where Natalie and her husband are.  He's working on his PHD and she will receive her Master's Degree this May.  She is currently finishing an internship at Menninger AND

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

JaneS

SHE GOT THE FELLOWSHIP!!!  IT WAS ALL THE EXTRA PRAYERS THAT DID IT!!!!

CallieOK

June Drabek

Oh, Janie !!!! I am so happy for your Natalie. What a fine couple are Natalie and her husband. It gives us great hope for the world to know there are young people that are so devoted to getting there and being something.  They are so badly needed in our world today. Thank you God !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joy

OH !!  Congratulations, Jane, to your grand daughter.  You have a right to feel very proud.  I know this makes your day !!!!

Joy
BIG BOX

Shirley

I told you we are a Fearsome Force with our prayers, Jane, for sure they helped .... but she earned the honor!
Congratulations to her and all the family that made her what she is today!

:bravo: :cheer: :bravo: :cheer: :congrats:   :cheer: :bravo: :cheer: :bravo:

Amy

AMEN!!!! Jane, love to read good news and that sure put a smile on my face!!! Way to go Natalie!!!!!!
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Mary Ann

Jane, how wonderful for Natalie - and the whole family.  Congratulations to her.

Mary Ann

JaneS

Thanks Everyone!  You are all right!  She has EARNED this and that's what I told her.  But having God on her side didn't hurt.  We are a Fearsome Force.  I wish I could send all your comments to her to read.  She would be amazed.  Maybe I'll work on that.

halkel

Janie,   :thumbup:  Congratulations to your Granddaughter.

June Drabek

Time to say Goodnight dear friends, with special Thank's to God for hearing all prayers. Sleep peacefully dear hearts while God watches over us too. Hugs, Prayers and much Love.

Denver

I just lost my post that I forgot to post earlier....saw it here, hit refresh to see the new posts.... Poof, it all went away!

Congratulations to Natalie, JANE.  So happy she got the fellowship! I can only imagine how proud you are of her.  Just wonderful news.

CAROL, surprised to read you and Don will be heading home tomorrow.  Safe travel.

Tomorrow is the bus from my community to Black Hawk, the mountain gambling town.   Right now I just really do not feel like going, but it probably do me good.  I will make the decision when I wake up.

Pleasant dreams to all.

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Lloyd Hammond

Denver you are the last one showing from yesterday , no one else has shown up for today yet. not even Amy she is usually a early Bird. I woke up at 4: AM with another headache. No fun , they usually get better when I get out in the fresh air. Nancy has taken one of my dibatices pills out to see if it helps. she read the side effects of it is headaches. Hope you all have a happy and healthy day as JaneS says just as you like it.

Lloyd

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  I'm up and attem...well, I'm up and that's a start.  I didn't feel like making the dog food last night so I'm making it now.  This is the waiting period so I'm checking in. 

We had rain overnight and it smells so good out there...all fresh and clean!

I'll be off to Wally World this morning and in case I don't get back, I wish you all a happy day filled with whatever you wish.  Make it your best one yet!

Amy

Good morning everyone..

We also have rain here,light misty rain that is making the robins sing!!

Seems the stitch in Golden girl is a deep one and the vet will try on Thur to remove it.In the mean time I am bathing her shoulder and putting honey on the incision site then bathing and putting polysporin on it plus her t shirt.

Not sure what is happening today,I hope just cleaning the house and sewing :thumbup:

Jane,have a great day at work.

Lloyd, here I am ,I did try to sleep in longer but that didn't happen. Hope your headache is gone.

I had better get ready to go out for coffee/tea...don't think night attire would do.. :2funny:

Enjoy your day everyone..
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Gloria

Good morning everyone, weather was right, it is raining again. Could get an inch or more of it, then again on Thursday. Of course I have an appointment on Thursday.

JUNE  glad you saved one of those cards. You were one of the few that thanked us.

CAROL  have a safe trip back home.

HAL  I read it in your post, how else would I know?

JANE  so you saw that too, but the sinshinny made me laugh and thought it was time I got back at him for teasing me. Never saw sun  with an I before. Wonderful, I am so happy for Natalie. I hope it is every thing that she wants. She is fulfilling a dream of hers. Must make her grandma feel so proud she is “popping her buttons”

AMY  don't know when the rain started here but it will be raining all day. Glad I went out and enjoyed the beautiful day yesterday.

larryhanna

Hi everyone.  After a rough day around this area yesterday with heavy rains and several tornados in our county and in Augusta, across the river, this is a exquisite day.  It is clear and sunny and we expect to get to 85 degrees this afternoon.  However, the forecast for tomorrow is more of what we had yesterday and then it is to cool down and clear off and should be perfect for the Master's Tournament, which starts on Thursday. 

I just completed fixing Pat's scrambled egg and strawberries breakfast and then grated two pounds of cheese, which isn't hard using the grating appliance we have.  The hardest part is cutting the cheese into strips.  I plan on trying to get to Aldi's today as the refrigerator is getting low on several items.  That will be the limit of my endurance for today.  Fortunately I know where things are located at Aldi's and the store is small. 

My next door neighbor is moving out today as they are going back to Texas.  The moving van is being loaded.  This is the neighbor that has two Bentley vehicles, one of them new and he brought one, if not both of them here on the moving van.  They have been nice neighbors and I hate to see them move as pretty sure I won't have anyone else living next to me with even one Bentley.

Phyllis, I think your graphics, and those of others that have shared through the years, are just fantastic. 

Hal, the electronic tools they now have to follow a golf balls flight in the air is really something.  I wouldn't have wanted to have been at the Master's course yesterday as they had to evacuate it a couple of time due to the lightning and the tornado's and strong winds in the area.  I told my wife a couple of days ago that I think my cataracts are getting worse as not able to read as easily as in the past.  Probably next year will have to have them taken care of.  I don't know whether they close the course after the Master's or not. I did a Google search on the questions and found the following, which seems to answer your question:  But a little known fact is when members want to tee it up during the summer, they have to find another course. At the end of May, Augusta National closes and doesn't open again until the middle of October. Local sports writers say the reason is because of the summer heat and during that time changes to the golf course are made. They are expecting 250,000 people to be in town for the events this week. 

deAngel, I sure hope you feel up to attending your Red Hat event as it is important that we keep up some type of social contact. While our discussions here are a good substitute they are not the same as face to face get togethers. 

June, I must admit my biggest concern is my wife when something happens to me.  My son is also not in great health.  However, I try not to worry about that as we never know what tomorrow holds and we will deal with that when it arrives.

Gloria, I hope the storms we had yesterday don't come up your way. 

JaneS, did you say you send your dogs to the dry cleaners?  Just joking with you.  How great that your granddaughter got the fellowship.  Certainly a good reason for the big red letters.  She must be ecstatic. 

Jenny, next time you lose your posting like that and haven't closed the tab, hit the back button as it will usually take you back to what you have written.  Hope you have felt like making your trip today as know you really enjoy it. 

Lloyd, hope the headache didn't last too long today. 

Jeanne Lee

I have a question for anyone... Instructions for my hearing aids specify not to let them get wet.  This means, of course, that for every shower and shampoo I need to remove them completely, which means I can hear absolutely nothing over the sound of the running water.  Does anyone know of a way to keep the shampoo away from them?

Click for Corinth, New York Forecast

halkel

Good Morning Everyone!

Well my day started with a stopped up kitchen sink.  Wife put some stuff through the garbage disposal and stopped things up.  But the young man next door fixed it in short order.

Gloria, I stand corrected, guess my tongue got around my eye tooth and my fingers couldn't see what they were typing.  That's my story and I'm sticking with it.  You got to admit when I screw up I do a good job of it.

Amy, honey?  Doesn't that make her lick it more?  I do hope she gets better soon.  Those incisions can make a nasty scar if they don't heal quickly.  We used "bitter apple" spray on ours incision and she quit licking it.  But it left a nasty scar.  My wife took our Boxer to the vets this morning for grooming and she took him to back to put in cage there was a young Boxer in the next cage and wife said our Boxer looked really mature and old, but Lady is getting old, outside in the light her muzzle and ears are nearly white.  She is such a good old girl though, spoiled rotten and I wouldn't have it any other way, except when she wants to imitate a five year old kid and run in and out of the house.

Janie, hope you have a good day and have noting but smiles at work.

Joanie, I wish you would get yourself home.  You are missed.

Lloyd hope your headache goes away quickly. 

Talk to you all later.

Amy

Gosh, Hal for a moment I thought you were sweet talking me!! lol

Will post a site for you to read....warning there is graphic photos.This is not the first time I have heard of honey healing,my friend used it on her dog with great results.

http://healthypets.mercola.com/sites/healthypets/archive/2015/07/23/manuka-honey.aspx
Jimmy Dean