Random Image

halloweenie2

Owner: Sandy
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:30:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for November 15, 2018

Started by so_P_bubble, November 15, 2018, 02:25:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JaneS

And a good night from me, too.  I'm off to bed since I want to get an early start tomorrow.  My list has grown almost out of proportion but I have a plan.  I have a starting point and a finishing point.  In case you don't remember, tomorrow is my 25% off shopping day.  It's a one trip through the checkout but the discount is good on everything in the store except milk, tobacco and something else I wouldn't get anyway and I forgot what it is.

I plan to be on the road at 8 a.m. because it will take me the rest of the day to get everything stowed.  And the ELECTRICIAN IS COMING AT 2:15!  I thought he'd NEVER come!

Sleep well, my friends and may God bless us, every one!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Lloyd Hammond

well things are getting closer to correct time here, but we are still one hour off I am on central standard time  as i am posting it is 3:47 AM.
S & F soda shop is one hour off from my time zone. Have a good rest of your sleep. i woke up with a dry mouth got a cold drink of water and a nature call now back to get some more of Jane's zees .

Lloyd

Lloyd Hammond

well I posted but left the t off of time. but lucked out and got it fixed but do not know what i did but what ever it was it worked. now if Larry or who ever knows what to do they can got me on central time and that should correct the hour deference in time.

Lloyd

Amy

Good morning everyone..

No snow to deal with so far..
Yesterday was a bitter sweet day. Received a call from the vet that we could go pick up Golden Girls ashes.Now she is back home with us.

Today VON is coming,she was to come on Tue but couldn't get out of her driveway so we told her another day would be fine.

The work that was suppose to be done yesterday will get done today...maybe :) I know one job that can't be put off is clipping Babes nails and she doesn't like that one bit! :(

Jane, hooray for the electrician coming...now after he is done will you get the insulation put in?

Lloyd, good morning :)

Have a great day everyone..

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend and a special Good Morning to LLOYD and AMY who are the "early birds" today.

AMY, if and when the electrician gets his part done, the insulation guys will come and have another look and if all looks well, they'll do the job.  I hope it's soon because my furnace is running overtime to try to keep this place warm.  The temps have hovered between "very low" and "freezing" for a couple of weeks now.  Both dogs are seeking places to sleep that are off the floor and I sure as heck don't blame them because my feet are cold all the time.

I'm all dressed and ready for my trip to WM to use my discount.  As soon as the doggies are fed and I get some breakfast and sun peeks out, I'll be on my way.  In the past, I used to go there around 11 p.m. and by the time 12:01 came around, I was pretty well ready to check out.  Those days are past.  Since I don't drive at night, I don't do that any more. 

I hope you all have a good day and I'll try to check back later and see what everyone is up to.  Make it YOUR day in every way! 

Sandy

Good Morning Everyone,  from the slightly cool,
and cloudy rocky coast of Maine. 

Just another Blah Day, to go along with
all the other Blah Days that we have
been having this late fall. 

Of course this is pretty much par for the
course here in Maine.   

All is well here except I am "fighting
off" a miserable cold....  "fighting off"
is much better version of said cold!    :thumbup:     

So I am grateful for feeling OK. 

Have a good day,  EVERYONE!

Sandy
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

Gloria

Good morning everyone, another cold start but the sun should be up and shining soon, 33° now.

LARRY  all the records being broken in the weather here this month are not nice. Records for early cold and more rain is due before the end of the month and will have more the beginning of December. From the foyer where we come into the building all the floors are carpeted so by the time I get up here there is nothing stuck to the bottom of my shoes or the wheels on my rollator. I did ask my CNA to walk the pat h when she comes in. There is an island separating the first and second rows in the parking lot where in the summer they have flowers planted. So many walk over that and when it is damp it stick to their shoes in the groves. In here as it dries it drops out and leaves a clump of mud. She has been doing that and I never notice till she leaves, hard for me to get the dustpan and brush to get it up, do not want to topple over.

JOY  they started painting the outside of this building 2 months ago and they have the sides and the back done, nothing in the front done , might be next year when they get to it. The manager is complaining about it, she gave them the time to be finished but we had so many rainy days they could not power wash and then paint. In the spring they are supposed to put on a new roof. Cannot fight the weather.  Like you I like looking at the Vermont Country store catalog Lot of nice things in it and also the LLBean one. Would love one of their down jackets. Nice and lightweight and warm. I do not go out much in the winter anymore so not worth the expense.

JANE  hope it does not rain or snow today do the electrician can do the needed job you have been waiting for.

SHIRLEY  I always said when the time comes that I do not like winter I will know I am old, well winter is not even here yet and I am tired of it. I look forward to going out for fresh air every day but not up to dressing in layers to go out and keep warm already.

GLORIA  de  I did get to see NY City to see THE tree one year. First and only time I was there on a bus trip from where I worked.The windows were great to see and enjoyed it. The bus picked us up and Rockefeller center and it was snowing lightly and there were some skating at the ice rink. Just wonderful after seeing it in pictures and on TV so often.

LLOYD  good morning.

AMY  hope you get no snow for a few days. I would like a week or so without rain.

JANE  hope you buy as much as you can with that discount today.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

phyllis

Beautiful sunshine this morning!  But, so cold.  I'm wrapped up in so many layers I doubt if I can move.  I asked my doctor a couple of weeks ago why I am so very cold all the time.  She said it is likely the Metoprolol that I have to take daily.  Good to know what is causing it but doesn't make me feel any warmer.

My younger son is planning to come here for the weekend.  He lives in northern Virginia.  That will be so nice since I haven't seen him for nearly two years.  Unfortunately we are supposed to have a rainy weekend so I'm a little concerned about him driving down.

I need to get to the grocery store today or tomorrow.  I haven't even made a list yet and if I don't have a list I end up not buying what I need but buying a whole bunch of stuff that I don't need.  The old memory button in my brain doesn't work too often any more.

Sandy, I hope that cold goes away very soon.  I don't have many colds anymore but when I do they make me miserable and feeling very sorry for myself.  >:(

My LLBean catlog came yesterday, too, and I spent some time wishing.  The down jackets look nice but it is generally too warm here in NC to make the cost worth having one.  I just wear a gazillion layers when I have to go out.

I hear David stirring around upstairs so must get some breakfast and get my day started. 
phyllis
Cary,NC

larryhanna

Hi Everyone.  We have another cold, crisp and sunny late November morning.  It was 31 degrees this morning and we are to stay in the high 50's this afternoon.  My main activity for today will be to pick up my friend and we will go downtown to coffee.  After I bring him home I will stop at Walmart to get prescriptions for both Pat and I and then do the online grocery order pickup.  Fortunately, this isn't a big order.  That will pretty much be it for today. 

We did enjoy the hamburgers, hot dogs with French fries of both regular and sweet potatoes and all the trimming for the sandwiches.  It was topped off with an ice cream bar.  Scott came out later last evening and put in the light bulb that was out in the recessed ceiling lights in the kitchen and then changed the dryer door to the opposite side.  All this time we have lived here the door was on the wrong side and finally this week I realized it could fairly easily be switched, which will make putting the wet clothes into the dryer much easier.

Joy, obviously those mind-readers didn't know what they were doing.  Pat and I are looking forward to our 57th wedding anniversary in about 7 months.  Pat said last evening she wasn't interested in decorating the house yet.  Our housekeeper will be here tomorrow and then again on Dec. 14th and I expect that is the day she will decide to do a little decorating.  I guess painters work year round.  Most of the catalogs we get go directly into the trash also. 

Mary Ann, we will not have any little ones around either.  Now we are the ones who may knock things off as we seem to get less careful as time goes by.  Cats seem to like to use their paw to knock things off onto the floor.  I suppose that is so they can play with them on the floor. 

Jane, those last two hours of work at Walmart must have been tough if raising your arms caused your back pain to worsen.  For some reason I have a back ache this morning, which I something I very seldom have.  If it isn't gone by the time I get home from my morning running around I will get out the heat pad to use on my back.  In fact I just got  the rice bag heated in the microwave and see if that helps before I leave.  I sure hope your electrician makes to your house today.  Good shopping wishes for you today and you are probably at Walmart doing it as I write.  That is a significant discount. 

Shirley, your chili sounds good.  We sometimes have a problem using all of the salads makings while they are still good.  I think I will suggest to my wife that we have a salad supper this evening as have a fresh head of lettuce that we need to get started on.  Glad to see that Andy is doing well.  Pat has a ceramic Christmas village that we leave out all year long on top of our entertainment center but usually only turn on the lights during the Christmas season. 

June, it sounds like you have a few things to keep little ones entertained.  How many Hummel figures do you have? 

Lloyd, I looked at your profile to change your time setting to Central time but I see that is where it is currently set so it should be right.  Good work to get it changed. 

Amy, so sorry that the sad day finally arrived but know you have many wonderful memories of Golden Girl.  I bet Babe will also be lost without her.  I hope the snow gives you a break today and stays away. 

Sandy, hope you have a not so "blah" day and get some extra rest to help ward off the cold. 

Gloria, I don't know whether we have broken any records or not with the November weather.  We are suppose to get little warmer days before they get colder again.  Stacey used to have a problem with her electric wheelchair picking up dirt and there were no carpets where she first lived as I recall and the carpet at her doorway got pretty dirty.  Glad you are getting rain and not snow.  I have worn my leather coat a few times already this season and will do so again today as it keeps me nice and warm without getting too hot. 

Phyllis, many years ago I took a medication trying to deal with migraine headaches and it left me cold and clammy all the time.  It sure was a relief to get off of it.  Now I am having a problem with my legs being cold even under the covers but know it is due to poor circulation.  So glad your son is coming to visit you as two years is a long time.  Like you when I have gotten the LL Bean catalog I realize that clothing isn't designed for South Carolina.

Mary Ann

Larry, I don't think we get less careful so much as our balance doesn't always work.  I find that walking in the house, I lean on the walls and furniture to get from Point A to Point B.  I don't walk far outside and if I'm careful I can get from the house to Tom's car with no problem.  Now, in winter conditions, I can walk through the garage.

I'll suggest to Tom that he look at our dryer door to see if he can switch the opening as I am sure it opens to the left and it is on the right side of the washer.  I don't go downstairs so I really don't know, but I think it is rather standard to have the door open toward the left (on a refrigerator, I'd call that a left-hand-door.

Phyllis, I take that BP med too and I'm happy to say I don't experience being cold, but meds affect people differently.  I get so tired of taking so many pills but I think they're what keep me going, so I take them!

Mary Ann

Joy

Good afternoon.  Almost time to get some lunch.

I was busy in the kitchen this morning and still have to do a little cleaning up.  But, I did make a pie and some little Danish pastries.

Phyllis,  like you and MaryAnn,  I, too, take Metoprolol, but never heard that it could make you feel cold.  I am cold a lot, but I just figure it is because of it being cold outside and the heat in my place is not that warm. 

Larry, Congratulations to you and Pat for almost 57 years.

Jane, great that you get such a nice discount.  I hope you will have a successful shopping trip.  And, sure do hope that your electrician will show up. I know you are anxious to get all that work completed before it really gets cold.  We, too, have been having a lot of cold days and nights.  Seems too early for those kind of low temperatures. But, it does seem that the whole country is experiencing  a lot of different weather patterns.

I need to get some lunch and then get dressed. I will be playing cards tonight.

Have a good rest of the afternoon.  Forget to say Hi ! to Amy. You were here early.  Good luck with the visit from the VON today.

Since I wrote a long message yesterday, I will cut this short today.

JOY

BIG BOX

Carol

It is warm but windy outdoors today.  Rain is expected later this week and some snow at higher elevations. 

Phyllis:  Sorry you are so cold.  I can relate but I am sure you feel the cold more than I ever did.  Can you find some wool gloves and cut off the tips of the finger?  I have seen people working with them.  Wishing you the best getting through winter.

Sandy:  Ugh, a cold right before the holidays.  I thought your last photo was so cute - t

Amy:  It is always such a sad situation when the dogs cross that rainbow bridge.  Hugs to you.

Jane S:  We have the same waiting game going on here but this is an electrician. He did come by yesterday and worked on the sink so I can run the dishwasher and use one side of the double bowl.  He may stop in either today or tomorrow  :2funny:  so I will be able to use the sink.  I found a leak and cleaned up today so something is not fixed. 

IT IS WHAT IT IS AND YOU DON'T GET A FIT!

I chatted with a cousin who is near the border - they are near a military base so I don't think much will happen - we all want to go to Mexico sometime for a day but will certainly check out what is happening.  The Mexican border towns are losing business.

Don is taking a walk but someone has to stay here just in case the plumber decides to finish the sink job.  He had installed it about three years ago. 

Joy!!  I'll bring tea and coffee and share those pastries.  Yum

Carol

JaneS

CAROL, I knew you meant "plumber" as soon as you said "sink".  My dad used to say "you take a guy as he means, not as he says".  I'm pretty good at that!

The electrician just left and he had to fix three different wires.  That blasted squirrel was a busy little one.  I wonder if he/she enjoyed her supper of plastic coating?

Now for the insulation....dinner first!  So far the doggies haven't told me.  I have most of the food I bought stowed but I still have to separate some of the meat into smaller packages for use later.  I did some of it while the guys were working but I still have some to do.

AMY, I hope you're not "dancing" anymore and if you are, please keep the "music" in Canada.  I have a lot to get done around here.

LARRY, my congratulations on your long marriage also.  I had heard many years ago that a Capricorn and a Taurus should not marry but that's what my husband and I are also.  We lasted 32 years and if it had been my choice, I'm stubborn enough to have made it last longer.  But his girlfriend might have been stubborn, too. 

I'm off to deal with another part of my meat purchase and to decide "What's for Dinner?"  I hope everyfriend's day is going well.

June Drabek

We had a much needed and very welcome rain today.I wish it could have lasted longer, tbut thankful for what we gpt/

It has been a sort of "nothing" day for me. not sick, not sad, just dull. Tomorrow my Gary and Dori are spending the lunch hour with me here at the Apt. They are full filling my wish and will arrive with a full lunch of Col. Sanders fried chicken, potato salad, etc. They wanted to take me out. but I prefer having them here.

Now it is time for supper. And again, instead of eating downstairs, I will have something here at home. I am turning into a Hermit. I do plan to go down for Red Hat singing practice tomorrow morning though. I don't want to give that up.
I too take Metoprolol and Amlodapine..both B.P.meds Right now I am sneezing my head off, so I will close with Love and Prays, always. June/color]

As long as we are here, let's dance.

Mary Ann

June, I'm sorry you had a dull day, but sometimes those are better than busy days.

I want to thank you for the BOLD message today; I had no trouble reading it at all.  i sometimes skip over those I can't read. I can't believe how bad my eyes have become.  I can see distance quite well, but fine printing is no good.  So, thanks, again.

I have started to listen to some Christmas music, especially in the evening.  I'm not ready for a full day of it.

May I wish June and Jenny best wishes on their birthdays tomorrow.  And June, welcome to the 94 club.

Mary Ann

JaneS

Got one more package of meat done  I ow have 4 mini meat loaves in the freezer for when I feel like a little cooking but not a lot of mixing.  I also have two 1-pound packages of hamburger and one 1/2 pound package for another time.  I still have several packages of ground turkey to deal with but I think I'll wait until Saturday and cook most of it.  I use a lot of ground turkey in the dog food I make for the doggies and it's a lot easier to make a quick batch if the meat is already cooked and packaged in the right amount.

I also want to make some cookies on the weekend and finish the goodie bags for family and friends and get the boxes ready for Texas and Oklahoma.  Now I'm going to loaf!

JUNE, what fun to have lunch brought in by your family!  You just have to be there!  And you can enjoy the company!

Good Night my friends. And may God bless us, every one!

Denver

It is late, but I thought I better check in and see how EVERYFRIEND is doing? 

No baby yet......maybe HE will arrive on June and my Birthday after all......or not! 

We have a storm moving in tomorrow and the cold temps will continue through the weekend and much of next week.....GURRR, have I ever eluded to how much I dislike cold weather?  Well I do! 

JUNE, I am happy to read the your Gary and Dori will be with you tomorrow to help celebrate YOUR DAY❣️

Thank you, MARYANN, for our first BIRTHDAY wish......how nice for June to be joining your 94 year old club! 

I hope you all have a good night of rest....sweet dreams.

Jenny

🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Denver

🎼HAPPY 🎈BIRTHDAY🎈to you,
🎼HAPPY 🎈BIRTHDAY🎈to you,
🎼HAPPY 🎈BIRTHDAY🎈DEAR JUNE,
🎼HAPPY 🎈BIRTHDAY🎈to you❣️

I wish you a wonderful day as well as a healthy and happy year to come❣️ Enjoy your special time with Gary and Dori.
💓and Hugs to a very special lady.

🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

JaneS

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO JUNE AND JENNY!
MAY YOU BOTH HAVE MANY MORE!

:happybday:  :happydance:

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  This morning when I made up my to-do list, I labeled it "Friday, Saturday and Sunday".  I usually only make it for one day but there are so many big things on it that I decided to give myself the weekend.

I hope you all have a great day today, especially the birthday girls.  Wouldn't it be nice if Jenny's new grandson arrived on her birthday!

Today is a WM day for me.  Please wish me smiles and no cricks in my back.  Thank you very much.

The doggies and I are waiting on the boinger for breakfast.  Enjoy your day whatever you do! 

Mary Ann

The last day of November.  I'll bet we have a new page for tomorrow!  Unless Bubble is too busy with other things.

Mary Ann

Amy

Good morning everyone...

I pounded the pillow a bit more this morning. Going to get my tarts done today and a banana loaf . Will take  a prescription into the drug store first and then the day is ours!

Happy Birthday June and Jenny, may you be blessed with many more. Hope the day is as special as you both are.

Jane, have a great day at work,short lines ,no crick and happy smiling people through your line.

Better go get ready for the day.

Enjoy your day everyone.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Gloria

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to our 2 birthday ladies JUNE and JENNY
:happybday:

Gloria

Good morning everyone, a cold one of 25° and everything outside covered in frost. Turned my heat up because I started shivering when I got out of my warm nest where I slept good.

PHYLLIS  I nave lost so much weight I feel like I have no more "blubber" to hold the heat in anymore. Unless it warm up more I do not think I will be going outside later. I would love to have one of those LLBean jackets but to rich for my wallet. Light weight and warm. That or one of the jackets that Eskimos wear. I hope it does not rain over the week end so you son can make it for a visit.

LARRY  with my shoulders I have to have a lightweight jacket so I can pick it up. I have a nice longer one that I can no longer get off the hanger because it is too heavy.
Always something when one lives alone, thankful I have my CNA for 2 hours 5 days a week.

Better get a move on and get my breakfast going. Have a good day.

phyllis

Good morning, Everyone!

And a special......

Good Morning and Happy Birthday to June and Jennie.  May you have all of the blessings of the day!

:balloons:

Just a short post this morning...have a lot of things to do.  Take care and enjoy your day, Everyfriend!
phyllis
Cary,NC

Shirley

A Wonderful Happy Birthday to a Couple of Wonderful GIRLS! June & Jenny. May your day be blessed with memories of years past and dreams of future years. [/i] :hb3:  :hb2:  :hb3:  :bestwishes:

Joy

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO JUNE AND JENNY !!! 

Hope both of you have a wonderful  day  !!!   

Joy
BIG BOX

Lloyd Hammond

besides the good wishes for two of our nice Ladies. our Christmas cactus has decided to bloom, has 16 or 18 buds and or bloom's all at once. it hasent bloomed in several years. we will get several day's of pleasure before we go to Florida. no place to put it in the R V. sun is bright here today and is 29 degrees and saying to get to 49 today. the melting snow made a muddy mess yesterday. besides the birthday Girls hope the rest of you have a great day just as you like it.

Lloyd

larryhanna

Hi Everyone.  The morning started out sunny but now it has become overcast.  It is now 53 degrees and will get up into the low to mid-60's this afternoon.  The main thing on the agenda for today is our housekeeper will be here in a little bit.  I think Pat and I may go out for our main meal at midday and if so I will pick up an order I had sent to our local Walmart store to avoid the shipping charges.  I did not have an enjoyable day yesterday as had a lower back ache that started before I got up and last all day long.  However, this morning the ache is gone and I feel back to normal, whatever that is. 

I was shocked yesterday when I went to add a new recipe to the Indexes in the cooking section of Seniors and Friends to find that all of the link are now broken.  I am hopeful this problem can be fixed as I spent many hour preparing the Indexes.  I have emailed Michael about this problem and asked for his help. I will let you know if the problem can be fixed.

Mary Ann, I am finding I am less stable in my walking and will hit my arms on door frame or momentarily lose my balance.  So far I haven't fallen.  I just have to be careful. 

Joy, your pie and Danish pastry sounds good. 

Carol, do you use a regular air conditioner or a water cooler type for the hot days there is Tuscon?  Pat has a pair of those gloves, or used to, that she wore when using her computer.  I think she just cut the ends of the fingers off a pair of the brown garden type gloves. From what I hear on the news the border may be closed so I doubt that you could go into Mexico (just a guess).

Jane, your dad's saying about taking a guy for what he means really fits me anymore as what I am thinking is often not what is spoken.  It can be very frustrating.  The squirrel was sharpening his teeth on your electrical wire so he could do more damage somewhere else. Glad the electrician was finally able to get the work done.

June, I hope you really enjoy the lunch with Gary and Dori.  Col. Sanders makes a good lunch and a nice change once in a while.  Glad you got at least some rain in your area.  I see the birthday wishes for you so let me add my Happy Birthday wishes for you as well.   

Jenny, Happy Birthday to you also.  I thought maybe that new grandson would be here by now.  Like you I can do without cold weather. 

Amy, it sounds like you have enough on your schedule for one day.  No sense overdoing it. 

Gloria, I sure hope you are now nice and warm in your apartment.  Pat just got a new jacket that is warm but very light weight.  The only thing I don't like about it is she seems to turn the sleeves wrong side out when she takes it off.  My leather coat is quite heavy but I don't have any shoulder problems so that is not much of a problem.   

Phyllis, hope you don't overdo today and that you have an enjoyable day. 

Lloyd, nice that you got to see your Christmas cactus in bloom before you leave.  Enjoy the sun.