Random Image

Squirrel1.jpg

Owner: RAMMEL
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 04:36:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

D

Norms Bait and Tackle

Started by dapphne, March 30, 2016, 09:23:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeanneP

Thanks Jane. Not looked at the Ipad today still messed up a little. Will try your tip tomorrow.
How I wish they had kept the place on . Maybe it was Seniornet . All the tips where stored in there for when our question answered. Was great.
Jane. Just do n0t be in a hurry to head home. Even colder for you. Said today that Minneapolis is at 60 deg below and Chicago high low numbers also. Lakes don't help when this cold. They say can pour liquid from high and if freezes before hits ground . I just got up to turn my electric blanket on on my bed. Sure glad I have that. Only thing is it turns off after 3 hours and so have to wake up to clik back on. I don't keep bedroom register on and boy its cold in there. So many people have water pipes busting and furnaces stop running. They are keeping chuches, libraries and lots of place staying up all night . Buses trying to run some and at the big turn around places they have buses staying in spots with heat running.  First time that the Univ. Of Illinois not open as records kept. They way the kids have to go from building to building I cant see them being able to be out they say try for only 15 min. Not seen a school but all week. Still not as bad as homes in floods and fires. So grateful for that.

JeanneP

larryhanna

Hi Everyone.  It is a bright and chilly morning but I think it will be sunny all day and we will get a little above 50 degrees.  I am just going to check in for today as have started the day exhausted.  I give credit to that cup of Chamomile tea for helping me get to sleep last night.  I was so tired at bedtime last night that I forget to drink it before retiring.  A little after midnight I got up and fixed it and sat up for an hour or so and then went to bed a was soon asleep.

Mary Ann

Hi Larry, it's good to see you checking in this morning.  When I woke up and got up at 8:30 am, our temperature was -6 degrees so you can be glad you're not in Michigan this morning.

Jeanne, I do think Lake Michigan does provide a bit of warmer temperatures on this side of the lake, but not much.  We have not been at the minus temps of Mps or even Chicago.  My thermometer read -6 but my computer said -10 and those are cold enough for me.  The thermometer is now at -2 degrees.  We do get "lake effect" snow that states west of Lake Michigan do not get. 

A friend of Tom's from Petoskey (probably came south to get warm!) is in town so Tom drove to the friend's hotel to meet him for a while. 

On the other side of the state, there was a fire in a utility gas facility (company I worked for) and they are asking every household in the state to lower thermostats to 65 degrees.  I told Tom to lower ours to 70 degrees as the temperature is already 65 degrees in the lower level and when he's down there, it's kind of chilly, however, Tom does like things on the cool side - because he has enough fat on his body.  I like it to be on the cool side too and then I put on warm sweaters.  The sun is shining but I doubt things will warm up much.

I have embarked on a program of sorting and pitching.  I don't do it every day, just when I feel like it.  I'd like to get back to bare carpet so it's going to take some time.  Rome wasn't built in a day and this room didn't get that way in a day, either.

Tom scrambled eggs this morning, so I helped him eat them. 

Mary Ann

angelface555

Good morning from the Interior. We're at minus ten with a high of minus three expected. Everything here is as usual. I don't have to go out until the third, so I'm just drinking my coffee and doing my lessons. Farrah has taken up playing with the orange track with its three balls. I think she's bored.

When I was in Tennessee, and it was in the forties with several days of rain, I just about froze to death, and Kentucky winters are basically rain, so I remember that wet cold. I couldn't even imagine our winter temps with your damp cold. That southern rain in the forties is the coldest I've ever been, and I couldn't warm up for the longest time.

Here at twenty below, people run around in hoodies. The best way I can describe it is if you remember the old Campbell's soup commercial about the snowman that's called in to eat and as he eats his chicken noodle soup, the ice melts to reveal a boy? In a wet cold, you have humidity and moisture. In a dry cold, you could get a broom and quickly brush off any snow. It is so dry here that there is a lot of static electricity. Arizona is a dry state so if you've been there you know what I mean. I remember my Kentuckian mother in law had absolutely no idea and couldn't imagine it. She swore we all lived underground or in connected buildings.

Joy

Just in here to say "Hi" !   It is so cold, and I am just trying to keep warm.  Nothing exciting to talk about except that I think just about everybody is COLD !

Good to see you, Larry , and hope you will have a restful day.

Mary Ann, we aren't quite as cold as you, but bad enough.  When I first get up , I push my thermostat up to 80 to get warmed up.  Our place is heated with a heat pump, and when that air first comes on, it is just like the A/C is running.  I am just miserable when I am cold.

So, I just wanted to let you know that I am still among the living.  LOL

Have a good afternoon.

Joy
BIG BOX

Marilyne

Good morning everyone. Hope you're all staying comfortable in this Winter weather?  Seems that it's extreme, somewhere in the USA, during every season of the year.  Soon we'll get Spring floods, and tornadoes.  Then comes Hurricane season, with torrential rains, followed by heat waves that are prolonged, and cause crop failure.  Then we get our dry winds here in California, that knock down wires and trees, and spark the devastating wild fires. Throw in a few earthquakes along the way, and so it goes, year after year.

Mary Ann - Looks like you and Tom are keeping busy.  That sounds like a good idea - the "sorting and pitching".  I have one closet that is crammed with everything you can possibly imagine.  It's not a clothes closet, but one with shelves, and we call it the Junk Closet. You name it, and it's in there .. . somewhere?  So it's always on my mind, to tackle the junk closet, and start tossing.  I know if I do, I'll find stuff I haven't seen in years!

Patricia - our Winters are very dry, except for the rare but welcome rain storms!  I have a portable humidifier, that I keep in the bedroom at night.  Helps with breathing and general comfort.  We're supposed to get a big rain storm, starting tomorrow, so that will be welcome.

Larry - I hope you begin to feel stronger today? I'm glad you have Scott living close, so he can help you and Pat.

Mary Ann

Patricia, I started to take the Tone Deaf quiz and got most of them right.  Where I had a problem was with the ones that seemed to be one tone - and wasn't. 

Marilyn, I am able to keep warm.  I am comfortable in the house and I think when Tom returns, he'll look for mail.  I did not hear that mail would not be delivered today as it was not yesterday.  It is not snowing now, nor has it today to the best of my knowledge.  It is just cold - 3 degrees on my thermometer - at least the temp is in the plus category, for what good that does.  I have on a Ragg sweater, but my lighter cardigans work just as well. 

Tom was planning to teach today and tomorrow but the schools are closed through Friday so he's free to do whatever he wants, maybe even recruit semi drivers, however, he is not home at present.

Kendrick is keeping warm wherever he is, maybe in the living room or downstairs.  He has a good fur coat to keep him warm.  He's been funny recently as he's discovered I will give him a pinch of catnip if he sits and stares at me.  He also goes to the drawer where I keep the catnap and sniffs around it.  He comes to life when I take off the cover to the catnip bottle but he'd rather have catnip from a packet that comes with every cat object we get. 

The sun is shining which makes the day more pleasant.  It's after 1 pm and I might see what I can find for lunch.  I have plenty of food, but what do I want!?

Patricia, wearing hoodies in TN reminded me of being in Florida in March with the temp in the 60s.  Floridians were in winter/down coats and I had on a sweater.  If the temp is in the 40s here and I go for the mail, my outer garment is a sweater.  Of course, I am not out for any length of time.

Mary Ann

Vanilla-Jackie

Had my dentist appointment mid day...Well my inside cheek seems to not be a dental issue but ( private paid dentist ) is quite sure it is Neuralgia...he never said Trigeminal Neuralgia but if it is that, that would part explain that it is MS related..." type of nerve (neuropathic) pain in the side of the face and can be a symptom of multiple sclerosis.." He says I would need to pay a visit to my local GP after he gave my inside mouth - cheek where the problem lies, teeth and gums a good check-over plus took x ray and told me is not dental related, nor was it cancer as I had been secretly fearing...I like and trust this dentist and he didn't make me sound as if I was wasting his time...
" There is no present like the time "

angelface555

MaryAnn, I did horrible on the test but some of it was due to looking for and hitting the right key in sequence.

We're at minus 3 right now and you see folks in sweatshirts. Of course, cold is relative because that same minus 3 in November would be met with light jackets. During the winter season, you become adjusted.

Mary Ann

Jackie, that is kind of good and bad news about your cheek - you really don't want to hear that anything is wrong with your cheek, but at least it is not cancer nor is it dental related.  I hope something can be done to relieve the pain.

Patricia, I also had time finding the right key to touch, even when I was right.  I felt I should have a system of typing, going from U to D or vice versa, but I did not - it was kind of hunt and peck and I am not a hunt and peck typist.

We still have not warmed up much, but we are at 5.7 degrees with the sun shining at 4:20 pm.  I think I mentioned we have no mail again today.  I took a nap so I am good until bedtime.  I'm watching the Golf Channel now from Phoenix.

I looked at Grand Haven and you can barely see the red lighthouses and I could not see the one on the north pier at all.  Three people are walking on the snow-covered beach.  They look like they're dressed warmly as I think it is very necessary.

Mary Ann

FlaJean

This morning when I got up it was 40F outside but was up to 60 degrees by one thirty so we made a trip to the grocery store.  It was so nice out.

I remember those cold days when we lived in IL.  My oldest two were three  years and 4 1/2 years.  By the time I got them all bundled up in their snow suits to go anywhere I was worn out.  What a long time ago.

Mary Ann

Tom and I went to Cheers tonight to eat out.  Cheers is within a mile from home and driving was OK, but not good.  Tom said he would not be home tomorrow for supper so it was tonight or not.  We both had Hot Club Sandwiches which were only two slices high, not the usual three. 

I just looked at my thermometer and it reads -0.4 degrees.  It will be lower by the time I go to bed in a couple of hours. 

When I looked at my genealogy recently, I found I had both Norwegian and Swedish ancestry so I've been looking in those countries for further information.  If I put my 2nd gr-grandfather's name in, the program always takes me to him in Germany and it is people beyond him that I'm trying to find. 

Jean, for you, that is a nice memory to have since you don't have to live where it is cold during the winter.

Mary Ann

angelface555

Earlier I posted about ice sheets in Greenland. This time it's Antarctica;  "For starters, the void is large enough to have once held 15 billion tons (13.6 billion metric tons) of ice, but much of that ice has melted during the past three years, according to NASA."   
https://www.livescience.com/64645-giant-void-in-antarctica.html?utm_source=ls-newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20190131-ls

Mary Ann

Patricia, in contrast, I saw an article this morning that Lake Michigan was frozen over.  It is still dark at Grand Haven, so I can't show any picture.  Not a conflict!

Mary Ann

Vanilla-Jackie

Booked my local GP appointment for Monday, my dentist is expecting me to do so... only offered a late in the day one...

I double checked again my dentists writing and I misread it as a typical but now reading it says atypical which on looking this up could mean a tumor...there is a difference between Trigeminal Neuralgia and Atypical Trigeminal Neuralgia, so maybe I should remain concerned...quoting " is often associated with a lesion or tumor; the degenerative effects of multiple sclerosis.."

Link...

https://www.neurosurgeonsofnewjersey.com/difference-between-trigeminal-neuralgia-and-atypical-trigeminal-neuralgia/

*************************************************************************************

We have been cut off since our bout of snow yesterday evening...One of our new to our site residents came to our door last night after crashing into our back gate which backs onto a steep downhill slope road...we cant see our gate from our home, the gate leads out from the downhill road leading into our site...we  are home number one which is at the top of our valley of parkhomes....She is unhurt but had to leave her car, carry her bags of shopping downhill to her home at the far bottom...She came to our home just an hour ago apologising for the gate but I am more concerned on how she is, she said when she got home last night she had herself a stiff gin and tonic, says her hubby was concerned, ( not of her drinking ) he is unable to get out and walk so she is the one who walks their dog...

larryhanna

Hi Everyone.  It is a beautiful sunny morning and I woke up this morning not exhausted and actually feeling like doing something.  I am so hoping that the the dehydration is a thing of the past and I will feel like doing something.  Scott stopped by to give me the renewed car registration and tag for this year.  I had asked him to help me with that as the way I was feeling no way was I going to be able to get to the DMV or City Hall to pay it. Yesterday he made a trip out here just to bring in our trash can.  Each time he comes he spends a little time with us which is very pleasant.   If I continue to feel good all day we plan on going out to eat our main meal mid-afternoon.

Mary Ann, when I see the bad weather having North of us I am thankful to be living in the South.  Those temperatures have been brutal along with all the snow and ice. At least January is over.  It sounds like Tom has many good friends.  Since we are into a new year I hope recruiting drivers is now easier for Tom. I heard the turnover rate among semi-truck drivers is over 90% a year. 

Patricia, glad you don't have to get out in the severe cold for a few days.  We also have had a lot of rain here in South Carolina but will take that anytime to snow and ice.  We have high humidity outside but after we finally got the humidity out of the house it is staying 50 or below.  Fortunately I am not tone deaf.  I can't even image how much 15 billion tons must be but know it is a lot. 

Joy, it can be a job just to stay warm when it is so cold outside.  I am feeling so much better this morning than I have for weeks and just crossing my fingers that this isn't a false alarm.  I am going to have to be sure not to overdo until I regain my strength but as of now the exhausted feeling seems to be gone. 

Marilyne, I think our weather forecasters make us more aware of what is going on in other parts of the country and with the better forecasting we anticipate what the weather is going to be rather than just taking it as it comes.  We have always had seasons and winters have often been very cold and I remember a few of them from growing up on the farm or trying to get back and forth to work in bad conditions in different places we lived.  I am often surprised when I look in boxes or drawers that I haven't been into for awhile as have forgotten what is there.  Even if I remember I have it I often can't find it.  I find that very frustrating.  Since Pat and I both use CPAP machines with water tanks the low humidity isn't a problem at night.  I hope you get some rain today. Scott is here when we need him.  I told him this morning if I continue to feel better I won't have to have him drive me to my appointments. I am so glad we moved here when we did. 

Jackie, always a relief to know that something is not cancer.  Glad you saw your dentist. Even if your mouth situation is a tumor that doesn't mean it wouldn't be benign.  Driving conditions don't sound good in your area.  Glad your neighbor wasn't hurt and that she was upfront with you on what had happened.  The fence can be repaired. 

Jean, I see mothers dealing with getting small children and babies strapped into cars and wonder how they can do it.  I guess that is why the young have the children while they have energy and we do what we have to do.  We had our kids before seat belts and carriers for infants.

Mary Ann

Larry, it is such good news that you don't feel exhausted this morning.  I hope you continue to feel better. 

Tim, Tom and Terry were all born before seat belts and infant carriers.  I remember driving with any one of them lying on the front seat of the car (in those days bench seats) or with the seats that hooked over the back of the bench seats with steering wheels for the boys to play with.  Fast forward to when Geoff was a baby (born 1987) and his grandmother was in the hospital and I was the only one available to take him there and he would be picked up by another family member.  I went into the hospital carrying a baby (maybe 6 months), my purse and all of the paraphernalia Geoff needed.  At one time I kind of lost hold of him, but did not, but I was holding him by the waist and fortunately a hospital employee took pity on me and carried some of my gear.  Now that the twins are two, as is Isaiah in CA, and Avery was three last week, they still are riding backward in their cars.  I wonder how safe that is if they ride next to the back window - a rear-end collision could break the window right on to them.  It was not my idea, but apparently is safer than facing forward.

Jackie, it was nice of your neighbor to tell you about riding into your back gate.  Not everyone is so nice to do that. 

The sun is shining and we are at 13 degrees.  Heat Wave!!!

Mary Ann

Vanilla-Jackie

Yes our new neighbour has been keeping us constantly informed and up to date which is very kind of her...the gate repair if indeed there is any, will or should be repaired by our parkhome site manager, or I am sure he will take care of it by getting a repair person in to fix it..

Mary Ann...now dont be getting your bikini out just yet...

Marilyne

Jackie - I had a diagnosis of A-typical trigeminal neuralgia, about 20 years ago.   It was a very unpleasant situation, but I was grateful that it was not full blown TN!!  Now, there are new and successful treatments for both problems, so it isn't as frightening as it was then.  At that time, I was treated with the medication Gabapentin (Neurontin), and was fitted with a mouth guard (tooth guard) that I wore day and night, except when eating.  Gradually, over a few years it got better, and now I still have an occasional setback, but not as bad.  I hope the suspected tumor in your mouth turns out to be  benign, or better yet, that it is an ulcer that will eventually go away.

Mary Ann - I've always wondered about the babies and toddlers facing toward the back of the car instead of the front.  It just doesn't look safe to me, but it must be better or they would have switched back a long time ago.  Like you said, our kids were in those lightweight canvas sling type baby seats that clamped over the seat (front or back), with the little steering wheel to play with.  We also had a canvas baby bed, that was hooked over the back seat. 

I can remember when I was driving and having to suddenly apply the brake . . . I would fling my right arm out in front of the child in the seat  beside me, to protect them in case of a collision.  Of course it wouldn't have protected them, but it was an automatic response that we all made when we were driving.  Fortunately we never had a collision of any kind.  I continued that automatic "arm thing", throughout their childhoods, and until they were adults! It drove them crazy when they were teenagers, but I couldn't help it! ::)

Larry - You sound much better, and almost ready to get back to your regular activities.  It will be a treat to have your main meal out today, after such a long time of being "grounded".

FlaJean

It is so good to see your post, Larry.  Glad you are feeling better.

We will be enjoying some warmer weather in the coming week in the high 60s.  Then some cooler weather once again.  Supposed to be 70 on Tuesday.  Mary Ann, looks like your area is having your normal winter weather and the terrible weather in some of the Midwest states just completely skipped you.

I wonder how JeanneP is doing?  Her area was really hit with that vortex of cold air.

Today is kind of dreary.  We need to go to Walmart for some bird feed.  Those birds are making use of the bird feeders in this cold weather. Many of them are only here in the winter.  There were some goldfinches feeding and they are pretty with their bright yellow coats.  In another couple of months, they will be gone until next year.

Marilyne, how are things going in your area.  The news is always jumping on the newest crisis and not much has been reported on the recent fires or the last hurricane that did so much damage a few miles from us.

GloriaDe,  you are fortunate to have such nice neighbors.  I hope your nephew is able to come back soon and stay with you.

I think about Joan in Washington State.  We haven't heard from her since she went to the hospital or else I missed that post.  I hope she is doing OK.

angelface555

Good morning from an Interior at zero degrees. Larry, Canada played nice this time, only giving us a light taste of cold weather before whipping it back. We haven't had a real cold since those couple of days of minus thirty earlier in January. I cannot even imagine that severe cold from the polar vortex.

That type of wet cold that sinks into your bones and stays. I have to say that the coldest I have ever been in my life was in the south in Knoxville, Tennesee and Covington, Kentucky. I believe that quote from the researcher about the Antarctic was very accurate. "It's not local warming but global warming."

After I had my daughter in Texas, I went to a class about children's car seats. The reason they are safer facing backward is that of the body's lighter weight. And to be blunt, the force of a collision might lead to ricochays and could cause the neck to snap. Car seats tend to be curved around the head as more protection, and some parents also add further protection around the neck.

Gold Medal flour has an Alaskan recall. I haven't checked to see if it is a national or local one. I hope that the government stays up past February fifteenth so that the FDA furloughed workers are back on the job.

Larry, it's so good to hear you're feeling better! I hope you get more rest and feel even better!

Mary Ann

Jean, I am not sure we escaped the worst of the Polar Vortex, at least it was the worst weather we've had in several years.  Snow on my deck is about a foot deep, also in the front yard.  I won't say we've had the worst in the area but it was bad enough.  We had no mail for two days but I think it started up again today.  Our temps today are rising but the censor is in the sun and I don't trust it.  We're kind of like Marilyn's area - in that we don't get a lot of extreme weather so we are not mentioned in the weather forecasts.  The cold temps are on their way east.

PS - I will say the temps in St Louis and Chicago were much lower than ours.  Lake Michigan does give us some protection.

The Weather Channel is doing a feature on Hell MI - Hell Freezes Over.  Hell is a small town between here and Detroit - on I-94 which runs between Chicago and Detroit.  A storm is now starting in the West; it seems there is always some bad weather in the US somewhere.

Jean, we're fortunate that we do have goldfinches visit all summer in their beautiful yellow plumage.  There is a flowering crab next door and several types of birds visit for the apples (very small apples).  In the fall the Cedar Waxwings devour the dried up apples.  It's fun to watch them.

Jackie and Marilyn, I had a time when I chewed the inside of one cheek.  I don't know what happened, but it was quite a while before I realized I wasn't doing that any more.  And I have not started up again.  I did not go to a doctor about it and my dentist never mentioned it and nothing bad developed.  I feel lucky after reading posts from both of you.

Marilyn, I think the theory with the babies facing the back of the car is that if there is a rear-end collision, the babies would be thrust backward, not forward.  And backward they would have the protection of the car seat whereas they could be thrown out of the car seat if facing forward.  Just my thought, as I've never read the real reason why.

Jean, we have not heard anything about Western Joan.  I think someone e-mailed her and got no response. 

And Jackie, I'm not hauling out a bikini yet - probably never!

Mary Ann

Vanilla-Jackie

Marilyne...
...I maybe putting two and two together and making five when I mentioned tumor...
As for  Gabapentin, that was probably the one and only drug I ever got prescribed re my MS by my previous MS consultant for leg spasming, but when I contacted my previous MS Specialist Nurse she told me NO not to take it, so I never, and I am thankful...

angelface555

"Stunning New Map of the Milky Way Shows 800 Million Stars, Galaxies and Near-Earth Asteroids

This map of the cosmos shows roughly 800 million stars in the neighborhood of the Milky Way. It compiles four years' worth of data from the Pan-STARRS observatory in Maui, Hawaii.

At first, it looks like a planet: dark, snow-speckled and slashed down the center by a deep red scar. But zoom in a little closer, and you realize you're looking at something much larger than a planet — larger even than 100 billion planets.

This is a new map of the cosmos, compiled from four years of observations by the Pan-STARRS observatory in Maui, Hawaii. Hidden within this mosaic image of the Milky Way (that's the big, red smear in the middle) and its near cosmic neighborhood are more than 800 million stars, galaxies and roving interstellar objects visible from the observatory's mountaintop vantage point."

https://tinyurl.com/ycj6hb3t

larryhanna

Hi Everyone.  We are going to have another nice day with a high of 60 and it will be mostly cloudy and a low chance of rain.  I am convinced that I am over the dehydration bout as this is the second morning I have awaken and haven't been tired.  I didn't get too many hour of sleep last night.  I am looking forward to attending my Saturday meeting after mixing the last three weeks.  This afternoon there are some good basketball games to watch.  Late yesterday afternoon we went to Dairy Queen for our main meal.  Pat likes their chicken strips and I had a small hamburger and the children's size Blizzard, which is what I will order from now on as it was just the right amount. Before we ate we stopped briefly at Dollar Tree to get the birthday cards for our great grandchildren for the year and a birthday card for my sister, whose birthday is next Wednesday.  Pat also got a half dozen puzzle find books, which we both enjoy.

Mary Ann, I see parents come into places we may be eating with tiny babies and carrying the big diaper bag as well as the baby carrier.  At least they no longer have to deal with diaper pails, which is a big plus although the cloth diapers are certainly not inexpensive. 

Jackie, nice that your parkhome site manager will take care of fixing your fence. 

Marilyne, Stacey took so much Gabapentin for her neuropathy for several years.  Glad you no longer have a lot of problems with the meuralgia in your mouth.  I well remember flinging my arm out when I had one of the small children in the front seat.  Fortunately I never had an accident, nor did Pat, when we had the kids in the car.  I am ready to return to my regular activities and am looking forward to tomorrow and getting back to Church.  I now will be able to drive myself to my doctor and blood draw appointment and do have several coming up this month.  It was almost like someone had thrown a switch as Thursday wasn't a good day at all and then yesterday I woke up and ready to take on the world. 

Jean, it seems your weather very much mirrors ours as we also will be in the 70's Monday and then it will slowly go back down over the following days.  JeanneP posted in S&F's Soda Shoppe within the last few days saying they have really gotten a lot of bad weather and snow and ice and extremely cold.  I also miss not seeing Joan posting but know she had sight problems as well as her new physical problems. 

Patricia, glad you were spared so much of that polar vortex this time.  While I don't like the wet cold I am usually not out in it more than a couple of minutes getting from the car to where I have gone and back or going to the mailbox.  I have no other reason to be outside.  I haven't heard anything about the Gold Medal flour problem in our area.  However, Pat doesn't use much flour anymore.  I tried the link to see the 800 million stars that you posted and it opened my Gmail program but nothing showed. 

Mary Ann, I can't remember the last time I saw a foot of snow on the ground where I lived.  I did see snow occasionally where we lived in Georgia but it never lasted and since we have lived here I have seen only light snows.  I can't image living in a community called Hell and I bet those people get tired of being teased or having new people comment about it.  I heard on the news that it was so cold that even Hell froze over.

Mary Ann

Hurrah, a big post from Larry.  How nice to have that start my day and I hope you are able to keep that feeling.  I am sure it will feel good to get back into your routine.

I've showered and shampooed and I'm drying off for a while.  We are having a "heat wave" as my computer said 19 degrees but my thermometer reads 26 degrees.  I don't know how we'll stand the heat!  We won't lose much snow because there is so much of it - I know other places have more!  Tomorrow will be even warmer, complete with rain!

About 11 pm last night, Tom called to me that he was awake and would be driving; it was busy.  I woke up about 2:30 and he was still out and I heard him come in about 3:30 am.  I hope it was worth it and he felt it would be.

When I went in the living room to sit with Kendrick, he looked at me as if to ask for some catnip so I gave him some.  I think he prefers the catnip to my company. 

Norm used to take Gabapentin/Neurontin (same product, different name?) and Dot says he took many pills at the same time.  She has a prescription for herself where she takes one a day. 

I have nothing unusual on my agenda today; I'll just go with the flow.

Mary Ann

Joy

A quick good morning. 

I had to go for blood work this morning and left about 7:30 and just got back a short time ago.  My son and I did go to Bob Evans for breakfast. It is still so cold,, even tho it is supposed to go up to 40º later.

I am so cold that I am going to go back to bed and get under some warm covers for a little while. 

I will check back later.  Didn't go back and read the earlier postings.

Have a good day.

Joy
BIG BOX

Marilyne

Larry - you sound like your old self, this morning!  So glad that the dehydration problem is behind you. Some seniors are told to drink more liquids, and others are told to limit the amount of liquids they drink?  I don't understand why a person would be limited, but I guess I has to do with the medications a person takes?

Joy - Sounds good to me . . . going back to bed to warm up and sleep some more!  I would love to do that, but if I do, I would not be able to sleep when bedtime rolled around tonight. Last night I went right to sleep at 10:00, and then woke up at midnight, and felt like I had had a good eight hours.  :-\   I got up and did some kitchen cleanup, and then sat down in the living room and read for a while. Went back to bed at 2:00, and got up at 6:30.  So overall,  I feel like I had a reasonable nights sleep.

Mary Ann - Glad your "heat wave" has finally started! :D  Last night on the weather news, they said that the midwest and N. East will be warming up over the weekend, and in the Carolina's, it will be going into the 70's!  We are just now getting a heavy rainstorm, which is supposed to last through tomorrow . . . then a cold snap, with snow on our surrounding coastal range of mountains.  That happens about once or twice during the Winter, and is a go thrill for everyone to go outside and take pictures of the mountains.  On rare occasion, we get a sprinking of light snow in the valleys, but it only lasts an hour or so. Haven't seen it in a number of years?

Sandy

Good Morning from the very cold and clear,
rocky coast of Maine. 

I am also "Sorting and Pitching"... 
which is a long time overdue. 
Now my dining room table is pilled high
with "stuff".. to be pitched or sorted
and put away... 

Who said "a place for everything and everything
in it's place"..   

I am trying but it is very slow going... 

Any  how,  I should get to WORK... but I
soon find any good excuse to stop and put it off,
for another day. 

Sandy
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan