Random Image

Lesson 22

Owner: phyllis
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:12:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for January 15, 2019

Started by so_P_bubble, January 14, 2019, 10:55:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

June Drabek

Jenny, dear friend, Prayers have been said and will continue for your Michele. She has SO much need for complete healing. First for her children and hubby...they have been through so much already. May our merciful God cause quit and complete healing so the family life can proceed to normal  life. She is now added to my morning prayers.

Gloria de. do not despair my darling friend...we are tough old Seniors, and know that God is keeping us here for His purpose.

Larry, I finally gave in and went to the hospital vis ambulance....my beloved sons choice, and the beloved nurse here at Rowntree.. Since the pneumonia has not been conquered with medication, they are interested in what may be happening in my lungs...possibly cancer. I spent yesterday at the hospital waiting for a lung scan. bored to pieces, but making good friends with the nurses. The lung scan was easy....interesting...I do not have lung cancer,
I still have pneumonia. They wanted to keep me another day but I refused. Gary talked to the doctor....he wanted me to stay to treat the pneumonia..Gary said I have been treated for 2 months. So I came home the same daylight feeling like I won a battle. Slept like a babe all night long. Don't know what our next step it, but all will be done right here...I refuse to leave my lovely place here, tended by staff that love me and I love in return. I am to limit my water intake also, but they push Gatorade..I need the Triglcerades.

Way past my lunch hour, so I must eat.....Jenny, dear friend, Prayers have been said and will continue for your Michele. She has SO much need for complete healing. First for her children and hubby...they have been through so much already. May our merciful God cause quit and complete healing so the family life can proceed to normal  life. She is now added to my morning prayers.

Gloria de. do not despair my darling friend...we are tough old Seniors, and know that God is keeping us here for His purpose.

Larry, I finally gave in and went to the hospital vis ambulance....my beloved sons choice, and the beloved nurse here at Rowntree.. Since the pneumonia has not been conquered with medication, they are interested in what may be happening in my lungs...possibly cancer. I spent yesterday at the hospital waiting for a lung scan. bored to pieces, but making good friends with the nurses. The lung scan was easy....interesting...I do not have lung cancer,
I still have pneumonia. They wanted to keep me another day but I refused. Gary talked to the doctor....he wanted me to stay to treat the pneumonia..Gary said I have been treated for 2 months. So I came home the same daylight feeling like I won a battle. Slept like a babe all night long. Don't know what our next step it, but all will be done right here...I refuse to leave my lovely place here, tended by staff that love me and I love in return. I am to limit my water intake also, but they push Gatorade..I need the Triglcerades.

Way past my lunch hour, so I must eat.....
As long as we are here, let's dance.

JaneS

Not very busy in the SS today!  Evryone must be working at staying warm.  I'm hope your efforts are working and you are all cozy and warm and dry.

I'm off to Dreamland.  It's down to 29º right now on it's way to 11 overnight with more snow predicted for tomorrow.  If it starts before 9:15 as predicted, I'll be having an unexpected day off work.  I don't drive in that stuff. 

Good Night Everyfriend!  And may God protect us from the elements!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Mary Ann

Stay warm, Jane, it's 3 degrees here.

Mary Ann

Shirley

June, sorry you had to make the trip to the hospital but nice to hear the problem is still pneumonia and not cancer..... and that YOU are still in control!  ;)   You do have wonderful care where you are and for sure would not have it quite so good in a hospital.  My compliments to all of your caregivers, they sound like the best of the best.

Oh, burrr, Mary Ann, that is cold!  Been hearing on TV how cold it is everwhere. I think we are to be on the edge of the severe & over the week end even back up to mid 50s! My mother used to frown and say, "this is the kind of weather that kills old folks because the blood flow can't adjust to the changing temps"  Then she would continue on with a warning to the rest of us younger people that "it was pneumonia weather because we take off our winter woolens & the cold air chills our chest & lungs". When Mother was 7 her family all had a flu that left some with pneumonia. It killed her mother and baby sister and a local news paper article about the deaths mentioned that "another child was at death's door" (my mother by name). No antibiotics to cure like we have now.  Stay warm!

Good night, Janie.... I think that is supposed to be our low tonight... but wind blowing makes the feels like way down. I plan to stay home tomorrow & Thursday but things to do on Friday. Hope your day was not as frustrating, that takes extra energy.

Sweet dreams, how about a little of Joan's Angel dust?   

Denver

The surgery  was delayed a couple of hours but I am so relieved to say it went very well....the surgeon was very pleased.  Now the news gets even better....she woke up quickly with a smile on her face, talking and moving every part of her body!  They anticipated her to have some amount of paralisis and she appears to have NONE!  Tomorrow they will know more and the biopsy report will tell them more about how they will proceed with the other issues.  God heard our prayers and I am so thankful. 

Matt got his braces off with no problems and his teeth look beautiful.  He felt so much better after he got to see his mama today.  She is such a positive lady, she had us all feeling better. 

Thank you all so much for your continued positive thoughts and prayers. 

Sleep well and I hope we continue to have good news tomorrow. 

Jenn
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

June Drabek

[color=navy[This has been a quiet day for me.Recuperating from yesterdays "stuff". Tomorrow will be better I know.

Jenny, I am thanking God for the good news on Michelle, may complete healing be on it's way.

I am tired tonight so will wish you all Love, Hugs and Prayers. Jun /color]

Amy

Good morning everyone..
No new snow to deal with (yet) today and a temp of - 15°F so far.
I am listening to the pitter patter of 4 little feet and 4 big feet in the back ground. These two are playing and running about. When Jesse has had enough he will go under something that Babe can't. Lots of fun watching these to carry on.

We are off to the city today and on the way back stopping to pick up a letter from the Dr....to excuse me from jury duty!! :cheer: This has taken a weight off of my shoulders for sure.

Jenny, that is fantastic news!! Michele is one strong lady. Prayers for all coming your way!

June, glad to read they ruled out the C word but Mr P sure has a hold on you. Give him the boot! I am not going to say get plenty of rest as I don't think laying down all the time is the answer.

Larry, good to read you had a good nights sleep. Hope each day finds you feeling stronger.

Jane, I don't care to drive in it either anymore.

Gloria, is still missing....wonder if her computer is acting up again?

Better get things together , now with this pup there is a lot more to take with us .

Have a great day everyone.

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Lloyd Hammond

Good morning everyone.well our temp. at the moment is -2º with a wend chill of 22º below. AMY that is cold enough for us. well a note hope will be of intrastate to you all that either have diabetes or know someone that dose. Nancy figured out that Walmart care in the medical section in stock stockiness for diabetes care. she got some for me they are great they do not cut in to the swelling of my legs. hope that you all have a great day. June sorry your illness got out of hand and you are in HP. but listen to the doctor and get well soon.

Lloyd

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  It's 4º right now.  It went into the minuses overnight and it's only heading for a high of 16.  they are saying on line and on the radio that old people should not go out in it and I must say, it took my breath away just standing in the doorway to let the dogs out.  I'm seriously thinking of taking the day off.  I'm waiting to see what's still on my driveway and if going would involve shoveling I'm not going.  I think my age is a factor.  I usually don't try to use my age, but this is different. 

JENNY, I was so happy to hear the news of Michele!  She is, indeed a special lady.  I'm sure God holds her in his hands right now.  I will continue to hold her in my prayers until she is well. 

I have to feed the doggies and make my phone call to WM to let them know I'm not coming in.  Stay warm everyfriend! 

JUNE, mind the nurses and drs.  We want you back to your old self as soon as possible. 

phyllis

In the 20's here this morning.  Not as bad as some of you are having but bad enough for us down here.  Sun is up and shining brightly.  That should help with the temps. and with the spirit.

So glad you went to the hospital, June, and got checked out.  I'm relieved that no cancer has shown up in your lungs and I hope the pneumonia gives up and leaves very soon.

Jenny, that is good news that the surgery went smoothly and recovery was even better than expected.  Now to tackle the other smaller sites that have shown up.  I know she will have good results with the rest of her treatment, too.  Prayers are still going UP.

I made the big pot of soup yesterday and it smelled and tasted so good.  It is "aging" in the fridge now and will be good for a "cold winter's day" supper tonight.  Soup is always good, I think, but even better when it has had a chance to "meld" overnight.

From someone who has been hospitalized with dehydration, Larry, I will add it just takes time.  It is even  harder to overcome if we have to be taking a diuretic.  Lemon Gatorade helped me even though I don't care for the taste of any of the Gatorade flavors.....still, it did help rehydrate me so I just drank it (and shuddered).  ::)

Take care, be well, and stay warm, All. 
phyllis
Cary,NC

Gloria

Good morning everyone, been under the weather since Sunday but today feel a bit better. No I did not disappear just laying down most of the time.Thank goodness for my CNA. Without her I would not have eaten this week sofar. Had some snow last night and we are in for that frigid weather soon. I feel bad for anyone who has to go out in it not to forget all the homeless.

I read the posts I missed but already tired sitting here so will go lay down again.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Lloyd Hammond

JaneS I did not intend to market for Walmart but if it helps you that is alright. and at our age we have earned what ever praise we we get. stay in and stay warm. I am sure Walmart can do with out your presents for a day or two, take care.

Lloyd

Joy

Good morning on this sunny morning.  But, it is still so very cold.

It seems this cold spell is over most of the country  Sure hope everyone is keeping warm and cozy.

I did go back and read most of the posts from yesterday.

Jenny, so glad that your DIL's surgery went so well.  She sounds like a very positive gal and that will sure work in her favor,  Hope things will continue to go well for her and her family.

June, glad that you went to the hospital and hope you will be well on your way to a complete healing of your lungs and no more pneumonia.

Larry, glad that you are feeling better.

Gloria, sorry that you have not been feeling all that good, but just keep resting.

Jane, I don't blame you for not venturing into work today.  Better to be safe than sorry.  Hope you will be able to get things right again with the management. 

Phyllis, your soup sounds as good as mine is.  I made a big pot yesterday, also, and it sure tasted good last night.  I have a big container for my son to pick up this evening.

We still have some snow all around and our county schools were closed today.  Roads seem to be pretty good.  I didn't hear anything from any of my family yesterday, so I am assuming everyone got home ok.

Good morning, Amy. glad you didn't have to do any shoveling so far this morning. Have a good trip to the city.

I hope I haven't missed anyone, but if I did, I sure hope that everyone will have a better day today, stay warm and safe.

Joy
BIG BOX

larryhanna

Hi Everyone.  It is a sunny morning and we are headed to a cloudy afternoon.  It was below freezing last night but we should probably get to 50 this afternoon.  I did have a good nights sleep last night and didn't want to to get up this morning.  I had to take my shower this morning and then lay back down for awhile to rest.  It is almost 11 am and I am just now getting around to eating my breakfast so this will also be my lunch.  Pat just left to go to Walmart to pick up an online grocery order and will put the frozen things away when she gets home and ask Scott to bring in the rest when he come this afternoon.  He will take her to dinner at the Church and bring me home a box meal of what they are having.  I am just too tired to try to write individual responses but let you know that I am still alive if not perky.  Each day I hope to gain a little strength but it hasn't happened yet.  This looks like it is going to be a long period of recovery.

Jenny, so happy to read that the surgery went well and she didn't end up with any paralysis. 

June, keep fighting that pneumonia and sure glad lung cancer was ruled out and that you didn't have to stay in the hospital.

Denver

Good Morning.....it is bright and sunny one here, although it really was a cold one last night.  I have seen the temperature that many of you are dealing with and I hope you all can stay warm and safe.

I have read all of your messages and thank you all again for your kindness.  We are just elated at the report from the hospital this morning.
Everything continues to be going fantastic with Michele.  She has been up and walking, she had breakfast  and the medical staff is in total awe of how well she is doing.  The pathology report will not be back until Monday and the plan was for her to remain in the hospital until then, but because she is doing so well they may even let her go home tomorrow.  She is such a STRONG lady, that I have to admit I am not surprised really because this is HER...... We have to keep reminding ourselves that this is just the first step.....but I know in my heart we have every reason to believe the next steps will go as well.

JUNE, I am so relieved that you did go to the hospital to be checked out and that all sources continue to say that it is pneumonia that you have.  I hope and pray that you have turned this thing around and will start to feel so much better very soon. 

LARRY, the plan at your home today sounds positive .....so good that Pat is able to get out to run the errands and that she and Scott will go to the Wednesday Night gathering and will bring you home your meal.  Continue to rest as you are and feel better my friend. 

The news from Arizona continues to worsen for my Dad.  He is really showing signs of dementia and Diane is really under a lot of stress from it.  He called his main doctors office and cancelled all of the therapy sessions as he told them he is just too tired to have them come.  This morning he is back at the spine doctor and they have put him out again and are doing another one of the pain injections that he says are not helping him at all.  I of course wish I could be there to help out, but our plate is full here right now.  I wish my brother would step up to the plate and help out....he is the one that is in charge of EVERYTHING medically and so forth.....you all understand in our generation the SON automatically carries all the rights, even thou Bob and I have been the ones that have always been there for my parents.  My brothers attitude is, if dad needs more care than Diane can handle then he needs to come to Colorado and go in a care home and my Dad is just totally against that.  Sorry, here I go burdening you all with more of my worrisome thoughts.  In all fairness, my brothers wife is a full time job for him as she is on high, high amounts of oxygen 24/7  and he does have a full time job caring for her.  Problem is, he can leave her to go hunting and fishing and they make out fine....so him going to AZ to help my dad out is totally possible as my SIL has a support group to help her out in need.  My bro was not anymore w8lling to help dad out when my SIL was healthy.

Thank you all for your continued prayers.....I appreciate you ALL so much! 

Jenny
🙏🙏🙏
🦋 Jenny

Shirley

Jenn, I do understand the highs & lows of emotions.... my heart goes out to you. Such good news about Michele and hope for years of quality life. Then a phone call that makes your stomach go into knots. I am so sorry about your father & concern that medications can take away his strong will and clear thinking.

My father reached that stage and even when all of us knew the thought of a "nursing home" was his worst nightmare, he wouldn't do the exercises that would allow him to stay in his home. Our brother lived in the same town & did a lot for Dad, but he couldn't "take charge". Dad  seemed to want to be tough with his sons....but he'd do a real pity-party for my sister and me. Dad had the hip replacement & came through amazing the doctors until he went home & the exercises with home health care quit. He sat and wanted everyone to wait on him. Any surgery takes exercise & PT, but he wasn't going to do it. I don't know if he thought he would reach the stage of having to give up his home, but there was no other choice, he couldn't take care of himself. He could afford to pay someone to spend the night at his house but that irritated him. He wanted someone around all day to talk to.

Sometimes we can't make things better for them and that is hardest of all. Hugs & prayers for you. Rejoice that your grands still have their mother and she sounds to be a jewel, one tough gal. Don't forget, (and I do keep this inside my Kindle cover.... :) God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, Courage to change the things I can, And wisdom to know the difference.

Lindancer

Good evening, we just had a blinding snow squall. Lasted about 15 min. Suppose to go downto 6 to night.

June, Hope you feel better, glad also you were checked out in the hospital. I have hd the pneumonia shot, and been in the hospital with pneumonia 3 times.

Larry, glad to see you posting, and taking care of yourself. Also pleased that Pat is able to do a few thing with your sons help

Jane, do be careful. I had blackice on my deck this AM

Jenny, read the good news. There were a lot of prays out there for her. I understand how us old people think, so I understand how your dad feels.  We do let out imagination run away with us.  Our arms and shoulders are out there for you to vent on. You also take care

Now I do not know how much longer I can hang in here and there is no assistant living out here. All they say is nursing home. Iam still able to rembele around in here.  It is getting out is starting to be a problem. My neighbors are all getting old also. The lady who cleans every 2 week and takesme out, fell last Sat. so is laid up  for a while, across the street neighbor has bladder CA, Gene next door moved to Tenn. and my other next door neighbor is going to have knee surgery next week. Starting this year,  the senior center does not take you to the doctor, not in the budget!!!! Will only pick you up to go to the center to eat.

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

Shirley

And there she blew.... got all done & don't know what happened, but it flew away.

Gloria de.... one of the biggest problems we all face it transportation. Hope you find a good driver!

Gloria, sorry you've been sick all week.... hope you are better tomorrow.

Jenn, I am in awe that your DIL is up & attem already. Amazing!

Amy, good job getting that paper signed by the doctor. No reason for you to do jury duty when so many others available!

Glad you are staying home, Jane.... getting stuck out in these temps would be a disaster.

Joy, I have not played cards for years, always loved to.

Cats had their last meal today & I am heading for bed as soon as I dump the dishwater. I still wash dishes, can't remember when I used the dishwasher & afraid to turn it on now for fear it will "burp that water all over the floor". First one we ever had did that so many times I never got over holding my breath when turning one on. We had hard water at that house, so hard the little "float" thingy had to be wiped off EVERY time it was used. Didn't find the cause until the end of the warranty when I call Sears & told them to send an experienced repair man to fix it or they could take it out! Sure enough, the old man that came knew exactly where that float was & it never overflowed again. Anyway, it is easier to wash my daily dishes than have one more appliance to worry about. I don't have a dish washer in the RV & doesn't kill me to wash the cooking pots & pans. We use paper plates & plastic ware saved from all those carry outs all year long.  :thumbup: I'm rambling, think I'd better post before it zooms away again.....

Amy

Good morning everyone...

Slept in a bit and I think my wagon is draggin this morning. Trips to the city tucker me out with all that needs to be done when we get there. Plus now with Jesse we stop more often to take him out for biffy. Right now he is sleeping on my one foot..

Today is a day of phone calls to Dr. plus I want to phone the court house to see if they will accept this letter over the phone or do I still have to make a trip there..

Jenny, thinking of you all and pray there is good news all the way.

Gloria de, what about asking your RH ladies if they know of someone that would drive you for your outings. They may know of someone that needs to make a few dollars but doesn't need a steady job? I used to do house keeping, grounds keeping  and I would drive them to appointments . Worked for one family from 91 -2012.

Shirley, my friend is making cat toys out of hot cup sleeves from a coffee shop....takes them apart, puts glue then feathers ,then rolls them up. These are just temporary toys for them in the humane society pound.

Larry, take all the time you need. Seems to me you are always waiting and doing for everyone else now please be a patient patient :) This has been coming on  for a while and will take a while to be gone.

Jane, good morning...hope all is well there!.

Joy,what card games do you play.? I used to play euchre , cribbage and rummy.

Better go get ready for the day.

Enjoy your day everyone..

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

phyllis

It was 18 deg. on the local weather channel in Raleigh when I got up.  I checked all the water pipes and everything seems OK.  I'm thankful for that.  Our good old heat pump hasn't stopped running...thank goodness...and is keeping the house warm.  Sun is just now coming up over the tall trees behind the house and that will help both the temps. and the spirit.

Grocery shopping today, I think, though I'm not enthused about going out in the cold.  I'll probable be pushing the Rollator pretty fast between car and store.  Good exercise for me.

I hope everyone here is staying warm and feeling good...or, at least, better.
phyllis
Cary,NC

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  I neglected to check out yesterday.  I was in bed and realized that I had not even stopped by the computer to turn it off.  I started to get up and then said, "Oh what the heck?"  And I went to sleep.

We had a -9º over night! and right now it's all the way up to -5!  I don't think the furnace has stopped running for 2 days and the dogs don't even stay out very long.  I called off work yesterday because when I had the door open for the dogs, just standing in the open doorway took my breath away. 

I hope everyone is keeping warm and staying or getting well.  I'm in for the day unless I venture out to pick up my eye drops.  I jut might take advantage of the store's delivery service. 

Be careful and take care of YOU! You are important to someone!

Gloria

Good morning everyone,1° but feels like -13°. No car s in the parking lot  have moved yet and even the witch is not here yet. Hope my son stayed home today. Cannot remember how many years since it was this cold, I know my 3 were still  too young for school.

JENNY  good news that your DIL came out of that surgery so good. Prayers that everything will go as well for her.

AMY  my daughter never needed a doctor's paper to prove she was a caretaker. Happy for you that is all you need.

Once again I read every thing but not up to sitting and responding to everyone. Have a good day.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

larryhanna

Hi Everyone.  It is a bright and chilly morning but I think it will be sunny all day and we will get a little above 50 degrees.  I am just going to check in for today as have started the day exhausted.  I give credit to that cup of Chamomile tea for helping me get to sleep last night.  I was so tired at bedtime last night that I forget to drink it before retiring.  A little after midnight I got up and fixed it and sat up for an hour or so and then went to bed a was soon asleep.

Joy

Just stopping by to say "Hello"..

It is very cold here also, but the sun is shining and the sky is a bright blue. 

I am having a difficult time trying to get warm.  Bundled up and also have the thermostat pushed up.  Hate to see what the heating bill will be for this month.  I don't really care, and glad that I won't have any problem paying it. My summer bills are not that high as I am on the north side of our building and don't get much sun.  So, my higher bills in the winter only are for a couple months, and this year, is an exception.

Amy, you asked what card game we play, and it is called "Hand and Foot".  It is a lot like Canasta.   I love to plat Euchre, but somebody here tried to haven a class to teach it,  and it was different from how I used to play it, and I didn't really care for the way they played.  It didn't catch on, so nobody plays it anymore. I used to play that when we used to go to FLorida.  I have played it over the internet, also.  It is a lot like a game called "500",  which isn't  at all like "500 Rummy", which a lot of people get it mixed up with.  Like I mentioned, it is a lot like Euchre, as you have the Jack's being high and the Jacks are the right and left bower.  It is an old game that my mother and her friends used to play.  THey even used to go to public card games to play it.  I learned to play it years ago when I was young.  Most people have never heard of it and get it confused with "500 Rummy".

I hope all are having a great day.

Joy
BIG BOX

June Drabek

Amy, thank you for the good reminder t0 exercise. There were some days when I slept a lot, one day I had nosebleeds and had to walk around with a gauze  plug hanging out of my nose so I stayed confined to my rooms. I'm sure those four legged kids of yours are a joy to have in your home. 'this is the first time in my life without pets of one kind or another, but it would be pet cruelty to have one now.

Larry, I spent just one very long day in the hospital. Had the lung scan. was put back on a uncomfortable gurney and was told I was to stay another day. No way !!!! I raised holy ned and was sent home with a piece of paper that said I refused hospitalization. I will live and die right here in my apartment. Thanks be to God.

Janie, I'm doing it my way, and I am content. The Drs. here are 100 per cent behind me. I will live and die right here in my apt. and my son will call in Hospice if needed.

Phyllis, Thank you for your kind thoughts. I have had 94 good years on  Gods earth, and looking forward to what will happen in the future. I too am on Gatorade and find both the orange and lemon lime O.K.

Gloria dear friend. glad to see you back. We are tough old birds, so hang in there girl.

Thanks Larry. I quit daily showers, back to once a week as in the "old" days. they just tire me too quickly and I don't want to faint, as I have done before...sitting in the shower,,,

Time for lunch......

Denver

update from Dr. Dave this morning.....

Here is an update. I am at the hospital with Michele, and her medical team has already been by. They are waiting for some blood work but remain in awe of Michele, her infectious positivity and her ability to will herself to get well. If all goes according to plan, she will be discharged later today.

That is not the end of the story. We will be meeting with the oncology team in about ten days, and Michele will have a gamma knife procedure to the other spot in her brain on February 15th. She is confident that she has this and will continue to have great news to share with our friends and family.

We apappreciate  the overwhelming love and support. We will continue to keep you updated on her progress. Thanks and love to all.

Michele and David

Latest update.....Dave got Michele home about one hour ago.

As you read in Dave's note they have scheduled the next surgical treatments or the 15th of Feb.  she will meet with her oncologist a week from tomorrow and he will be the one treating the liver and lung issues.  The medical team is moving forward with treatment as they are certain as they can be that this is a cancer mastisized  (spell) from the colon cancer.  The pathology report due back on Monday will tell for certain.  I think they will do the gamma knife procedure no matter what....malignant or not. 

Oh my......

Thank you AGAIN for your continued positive thoughts and prayers🙏🙏🙏

I hope EVERYFRIEND is doing well and keeping warm.
🦋 Jenny

Shirley

Jenn, what a sweet thing for David to do, to take time to thank everyone for the prayers. One thing this group has to spare.... are prayers!  I did stop and think about the fact that.... how is it that your GRANDS are the ages of my GREAT-GRANDS???? How did I get so much older so fast? :-\

I've stopped in here today quite a few times, have the laptop sitting on the end of the table in the "family kitchen".... that we created by combining the 2 rooms. I got veggies cleaned & cut up for Andy's company that flew in today for the Sat. funeral of their mother. All meals are planned but I'm usually the one that remembers how good fresh cut veggies to munch helped as we met around the kitchen table mourning for our parents.  Andy mentioned that "any leftovers will be roasted over the grill" tomorrow night as his son-in-law is grilling various meats for them all. This is his speciality.

In case I don't get back tonight, sweet dreams to all and God Bless.  Shirley

June Drabek

Jenny, God is SO Good, I am so thankful your whole family !!!

Mary Ann

Jenny, I am in awe of your family and the calm manner in which they handle Michele's problems.  My thoughts and prayers continue.

Mary Ann

Amy

Jenny, good news is always a welcome to read. Michele has the right attitude in dealing with this ,bless her heart. She is one trooper to be reckoned with. Prayers for all..

I am going to call it a night, my eyes don't want to watch tv so off to bed we go. So far, I do get a "space" in the bed but I can imagine when Jesse is bigger it will be every man for himself

Still bone chilling weather here with warmer weather on the weekend...I hope!

Nite..
Jimmy Dean