Random Image

Palm Sunday

Owner: phyllis
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:14:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Tell us about Yourself!

Started by Pat, March 29, 2016, 10:54:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deedee

Thanks, Mary Ann. I can't believe it's been four months already. I am glad Dot is doing okay.

True about retirement. I loved every minute of my working years when IBM was a family, but the last two years were a horror. The Gulag had nothing over IBM. I was angry for quite awhile after getting FIRED, but I couldn't be happier now.

Ditto, as long as I get my pension (they stole my retiree medical), I don't have any interest in them at all anymore.

Radioman34

Jenny, retirement is wonderful; I wish I had done it 50 years ago :D  I never had the same ignominious end to my employment as you, by the workplace environment was poisoned by a strike and it was no longer a happy place to work. As soon as my mortgage was cleared I took an early retirement and don't regret it for a moment.

Kelly

Hi Radioman34
I retired last year, although I had to retire from work with a disability ten years ago.

But how did we find time to do everything while we were working as little time for anything now as always something to do that takes most of our time up!

kelly

deedee

Quote from: Kelly on March 31, 2016, 07:07:22 PM
Hi Radioman34
I retired last year, although I had to retire from work with a disability ten years ago.

But how did we find time to do everything while we were working as little time for anything now as always something to do that takes most of our time up!

kelly

Isn't it amazing, Kelly? I helped bring home the bacon for 33 years and cook it up in a pan. Now I barely have the strength (and patience) in cooking up the bacon.

Ah, youth.

Kelly

Hi deedee
Yes ah youth.

But we still can cook and post on S&F!

Kelly

Sato

JeanF from Florida is now so busy on her moving to a new house, and asked me to tell members as this:
" I can't seem to register so tell everyone I said hi." 
ET, please tell her how to register. Her address:   ocalafeller@me.com

Photos and Videos are my Hobbies. (S.Sato)

Sato

Administrator, would you please open a forum like the former "Photo Slide Shows and Home Videos"?  Do look forward to it.

Johann Mc

Gotta get my name back in the pot - Johann Mc.  I don't get to the forums everyday since I stay busy helping my husband get where he needs to go.  He isn't driving anymore since his accident in January 2015 and this has been a busy week since he had outpatient surgery yesterday to remove a cyst.  Hopefully it will check out OK.

I usually post in the Bait and Tackle Shop and it's good to see that some of our regulars have found their way back here. 

Kelly, I thought about you and am glad you found us again.

Thanks to Pat and all the others who helped restore the site!  Some of us have been together for a long time!

Kelly

Hi Johann Mc
Thanks for thinking about me.

I found S&F as have most of us.

Enjoy your day.

Kelly

so_P_bubble

Sato, there are no special instructions, just need to re-register on the site.  We all are having some pains doing it as the site usually does not recognize the name.  But we need to insist!

deedee

I know I didn't do anything, so it must be a function of this new site.

When I click on my bookmarked url, it now automatically opens to the last message I read.

Well done, Admin. Thank you.  :thumbup:

Nita H

Hi all.  I used to be nitainoregon...now just Nita H. :)   

I came looking to see what everyone has been up to, and came back just in time.  I forget not everyone is on Facebook.  Although I seldom post, just read, it does feel good to see the same names that have been here for so long.

I have been trying to sit at my desk more...and peeking into PSP files.  I will be popping in there if the group is still here.

Sandy

Hi Nita, 

Good to see you!!!   

Sandy
:crazy2:
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

so_P_bubble

Nita good to see you.

I am hoping the PSP discussion will be opened soon.  I have a few that I would like to post there, and so does Gloria I believe.  AngelFace too is ready to go back to creating in PSP and she has a great imagination with it.

Sato

I'd like to put in "time and weather" thingy at the bottom of my posting space.  How could I do it?

Kelly

Hi Sato
Not sure on the weather and time myself!

Kelly

so_P_bubble

The pro for that is Rammel, I didn't manage to do it as it seems harder for those not in the USA

Kelly

Hi Bubble
I miss my Manx flag!

Kelly

so_P_bubble

I used to be able to put the Congo flag with my country (Israel) but that is not possible now.

Kelly

Hi Bubble
Lovely country Israel

Kelly

so_P_bubble

You think so?  Have you visited here?
I miss the autumn colors of Europe and also the wide spaces of Africa.
This is such a tiny country.

Kelly

Hi Bubble
I have been to Morroco

Kelly

so_P_bubble

Not similar at all, except maybe for the black coffee!

Sato

Rammel, would you please put in TIME WEATHER thingy on my column?

Kelly

so_P_bubble

Kelly

so_P_bubble

well Latte and petit four would be OK

Molly

Sure is great to be able to read the messages from many friends.  I've spent the past few days having Irish temper attacks thinking my computer was working against me! Very glad to finally find out that I have access again.  Many thanks to those who contacted me and said "Hi Molly."

BUBBLE - Any chance you are coming to our part of the Planet to visit even if only briefly?  I've be very happy to share some of Mohamed's Egyptian Tea or my Persian Tea with you.

Our family is getting ready for my son ("Chaps") to move along to his next international military post in KOREA.  Prayers for his safety and well-being will be much appreciated.

Mohamed is preparing for the final exams which his several hundred University students in Egypt will be given in a couple of weeks and then - hopefully - have the energy to grade and record all those on record.

Enjoy the weekend everyone!

Mahlia (Molly)

Kelly

Hi Molly
Welcome to S&F

Kelly