Random Image

Fe 2 months

Owner: Sandy
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 06:05:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

D

Norms Bait and Tackle

Started by dapphne, March 30, 2016, 09:23:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sasha

Just discovered Gravitational Wave Astronomy. Don't know how I hadn't read about it sooner.

Also am wondering if any of you know anyone who's had a Near Death Experience: not a close call, but a trip across the border, as it were.

And a joyful good morning to all.
There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.
- Albert Einstein

Sandy

Also am wondering if any of you know anyone who's had a Near Death Experience: not a close call, but a trip across the border, as it were.

Sasha...
Do you mean a trip across the
border and back !!?? 

I don't know anyone who has
made that round trip.   But I
think if I made it that far and
was presented with an option
to return,  I might rely on that
old saying  " a bird in the hand is
worth two in the bush" ...    (giggle)

I AM Not sure if I would want to
cross over more then once.
I am afraid that I might get turned
away on the second try !!!
   :knuppel2:

Sandy

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

Vanilla-Jackie

Talking of all things spiritual..not sure I mentioned this but, I booked theatre seats for my Birthday ( Friday ) to go see psychic Sally Morgan this week.. I am more into this than Richard but, seeings it is my birthday... ;)  :coolsmiley: he is going to tag - be dragged along with me...
" There is no present like the time "

larryhanna

Hi Everyone. We have another beautiful day ahead.  It is to be partly cloudy this morning and then clear this afternoon getting into the high 50's.  I have a few things I want to accomplish this morning involving our computers and then will take it easy the rest of the day. Yesterday morning was pretty good for me for awhile and then nothing I tried seemed to work and I got pretty frustrated.  I was very exhausted the rest of the day and evening but had a good nights sleep and ready to try again, hopefully with better results. However, I find I am still tired today.  I do have to refill my medicine boxes for two weeks this morning, a job I really don't like doing but must be done.

I read all the postings since yesterday on my iPhone while laying in bed this morning.  I am just going to check in this morning.

Mary Ann

Norm had bypass surgery in 1976.  He said he had an "out of body" experience, saw a white light.  That's the closest I can relate to "crossing the border", Sasha. 

Jackie, I'm not into psychics so it will be interesting to hear of your experience at the theater. 

Jean, I'm with you to take advantage of the nice weather.  Hurricanes will come soon enough.  We don't have those, but we have an occasional tornado; fortunately we're not in Tornado Alley.

I am enjoying looking at the water sites and seeing the snow disappearing.  Right now radar doesn't show any big amounts west of us, but tomorrow is another day.

My snowdrops may be making an appearance with the snow gone from over them, but I'll have to see.  I have a hard time keeping what I want in my garden space when my neighbor doesn't care about them.  However, I cannot do the gardening, so I don't say anything.

You posted while I was typing, Larry.  You did enough yesterday, so take it easy today.  Tom worked on my computer last evening and got me going on Word and I can get on the bank site too, so I'm happy.

Mary Ann

Vanilla-Jackie

Mary Ann...
... I will go with an open mind, I might not even be one chosen and pulled out from the audience...but if I am one of the lucky ones. and she picks up on something that I believe no one knows, or there is absolutely no way she could ever know that, I will let you all know, in due course of course. Be Interesting to hear - see,  what manifests...
Now as for Richard, he has no beliefs in the afterworld..

Joy

Good morning.  I have not posted in here for a couple days.  Slept in a little bit longer than usual, and then the days just got away from me.

I am in a bit of a hurry this morning, also. Going to get my taxes done this afternoon.  Hope I got all the paperwork this time.

Need to get straightened up and get dressed.

I did go back and read a few messages.  Glad to see Larry's messages and looked like most everyone was doing pretty well.  Just got a snipped of whoever was talking about "passing over" and coming back.  Don't know anyone that has happened to before,

I hope everyone will have a great day and I will try to get back later in the day.

Joy
BIG BOX

MarsGal

I've missed a few days posting. Finished up my taxes and then didn't have much to report until today. Still not much but worth reporting. Our library system has a new service called Kanopy. It is a streaming movie service. We are allowed to stream up to 4 movies a month. Well, I guess it was inevitable.

angelface555

Sasha, "Near-death experiences are often thought of as mystical phenomena, but research is now revealing scientific explanations for virtually all of their common features. The details of what happens in near-death experiences are now known widely—a sense of being dead, a feeling that one's "soul" has left the body, a voyage toward a bright light, and a departure to another reality where love and bliss are all-encompassing.

Approximately 3 percent of the U.S. population says they have had a near-death experience, according to a Gallup poll. Near-death experiences are reported across cultures, with written records of them dating back to ancient Greece. Not all of these experiences actually coincide with brushes with death—one study of 58 patients who recounted near-death experiences found 30 were not actually in danger of dying, although most of them thought they were."

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/peace-of-mind-near-death/

angelface555

Good morning from the Interior, everything weatherwise remains the same with the rest of the week still in the forties and fifties. Farrah has been more affectionate and even playing a little with some toy mice so I would say the dental was a good idea.

I don't believe in that much mystical as the majority has been debunked. I read a book years ago about a psychic who explains clearly the tricks of the trade from flunkies in the audience to helpers who used coded explanations in introducing members of the audience seeking  word of their dearly departed. Also Penn, from the act, Penn and Teller has written several books on the subject.

If you are going simply to enjoy the evening, that is one thing but there are folks who pay hundreds, thousands of dollars to the point of going into debt to storefront psychics.

Mary Ann

Patricia, I could only read a little of the story about the explosion over the Bering Sea because of my eyesight, but it was a bit too close to home for you.  I wonder what would have happened if it had exploded over Alaska.  Scary?

Mary Ann

Vanilla-Jackie

Richard had said to me, " I have looked to see what's on at our ( seaside pavilion ) local theatre, and all that's on is Psychic Sally on your birthday, I doubt you would be interested in that, or will you?" so I said lets go, lets get tickets for on my day...If nothing, at least it will be an memorable experience, well, it was that or nothing...I know Richard will be bored, he wont be taken in by it, maybe even fall asleep.. ;D

The Psychic - Spiritualist Medium I would have loved to have seen on stage ( didn't know he had died 2015 ) would have been Colin Fry...

FlaJean

Jackie, I've never been to anything like that.  Sounds like it would be interesting.  At least it is something different to do.

We will get into the middle 60s today.  The sun is shining and as Mary Ann says 'that makes it a good day'.   I'm going to make my recipe of "meatloaf for Two"  which for us is like a meatloaf for four. 😁. So I better get going.  I want to go to the library a little later.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Vanilla-Jackie

I have a question, or two or three.." how many Psychics, Mediums, Spiritualist have come up trumps when a young child has gone missing or kidnapped? do they offer their services to the police? and if so, why have we never heard of any successes? " Or dont they tune into the alive's?

Marilyne

Sasha - I hadn't heard of "Gravitational Wave Astronomy", until now, but I plan to look it up and learn more about it.

Near death experiences, are a fascinating phenomenon!  People who have experienced something like that (even in a vivid dream), claim to be changed forever and for the better?  It's never happened to me, but I'm interested in reading or hearing about situations like that.

Jackie - I've never seen a psychic, but it would be interesting to be an observer, whether a person believes in it or not.  I can understand Richard's way of making a joke of the whole thing. I think that women tend to be much more open to that sort of thing than men.  Be sure to tell us if there are many men in the audience?  Probably only those who are accompanying their wives?  I don't think I could talk my husband into going, even if it were my birthday!

Shirley Maclaine, is one of my Facebook Friends, and it is fascinating to read what she has to say about her many "past lives". I'm still not sure just how she learns about all of them, and why she's so positive? I'm a skeptic when it comes to such things, but no harm in reading, watching or listening!     

Vanilla-Jackie

I once had a male friend who passed by my previous home and often went to a house further up for a tarot card reading, he was very much into wanting to know what his future was, he also went to spiritualist church nights...If I also remember I think my daughter went to one or two many years ago..I guess some people just want to believe they can get messages from the dead, and who knows, maybe we can...We are all craving that little piece of comfort..

Lindancer

Good evening, Marilyne now don't laugh, for years I thought in my other life, I was a Hawaiian. It started 80 years ago when I was about 12, I loved Hawaiian music and anything Hawaiian. I have wanted to go to Hawaii,  Been a lot of places but never got there.

When I was 16, I went to a fortune teller, and she told me when I got old, I was going to have trouble with my legs below my knees, and I had a long life line.  all my circulation problem are with my feet and lower part of my legs.  Of course old age brings on these problems

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

Mary Ann

Gloria, I don't know that I felt I had another life, but I often had pipe dreams of knowing well-known people and didn't hobnob with them, just knew them.  As I said, pipe dreams!  My former SIL was a name dropper, but we knew she didn't really know them.

I have not been to Hawaii either.  Jim wanted to go, but I wanted to go elsewhere, places where he had been.  Alaska was one place he had been (Inside Passage), then he saw an ad for the Alaskan Interior and we did take that trip.  I loved it and missed meeting Patricia.  Now I would be more willing to go to Hawaii but I'm not physically able.  I'd love to go back to Alaska and see the same area I saw, but I'm not able to do that either.  Age does have its limits, doesn't it?

Mary Ann

angelface555

Actually I have experienced what many call a near death experience. When I was in San Antonio, TX in the latter stages of my pregnancy, it was often in the hundreds temperature wise and I had a tendency to faint but usually only for a minute or two, more of a passing out.

What would happen is I would suddenly feel dizzy, nauseated and overheated. My vision would spiral into a white kaleidoscope, narrowing to a pinprick before winking out. I know this was a feature from my maternal side, but I never understood, (Other than heat); the mechanics until I read the linked article. Jackie, some MS sufferers have also experienced these events.

MaryAnn, my husband and I were offered a free two-week stay in Hawaii, (or a cash gift); including the use of a condo by one of my bosses when we were managing several Anchorage complexes. My husband without consulting me took the cash and then mentioned it offhand.

I would love to name drop. However, the closest I've come would be working at Xanadu for a retired state legislator. I suppose that could count.   :-\   ;) 

Vanilla-Jackie

Interesting to hear members stories coming out, whether we believe or not, as I know there are many fakes out there looking to make easy money...But there are also legitimates as well, that in my opinion do have natural spiritual vision- powers, or second sight, and practice it, not for their own gain..

Vanilla-Jackie

There are many strange things out there that cant be explained such as...After I had given birth to my baby 1969, a day or two before we were due to come home she got " conjunctivitis" ( I had never heard of it and asked the nurse if my baby was going to go blind, she laughed and said no, ) where we were both placed in an isolation ward somewhere upstairs..This was a tiny box room, where in our September heat I could not even open the window, the window pushed out from the bottom just a tiny fraction so no air, and to top it all off, I was not allowed outside my door, I was well and truly trapped, and I did not like it...Well before we were brought up to this isolation ward I had caught a temperature where my body was freezing - shivering during the day, the nurses kept taking my temperature...Anyway up in the isolation ward on my first night, I awoke to my body in a sweat, I was throwing water over my face from their tiny sink, my cotton nightie was drenched with my sweat, I pressed the buzzer and a night duty nurse came in and took my temperature, it was high of course. sky high...I laid on top of the bed, light out, door closed and felt the tiny box room closing in on me, so I closed my eyes, kept dead still, and said to myself over and over again " I am getting colder, I am getting colder, I am getting colder " the more I was saying it the colder my body was getting, and you know what? I actually did, I managed to drop off to sleep again. I am now a firm believer in " mind over matter."

I will have to try this on my MS..." My MS is leaving my body, my MS is leaving my body...somehow dont think this will ever happen..although I think it has been used on healing oneself of cancer...

Link...just reading The Hexed girls, thankfully my daughter was born early in the morning on a " Saturday " 13th September..

https://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-11572/6-stories-to-make-you-believe-in-the-power-of-your-mind-to-heal-you.html

larryhanna

Hi Everyone on this first day of Spring. It is starting out clear skies but will only get into the low 60's today.  I took my shower this morning and then laid down and read all of the postings since I posted yesterday.  I just don't have the energy left this morning to offer individual comments so will said say good morning as I check in. I have decided my new occupation is "professional rester" as that seems about all I do anymore.

angelface555

After being off all day, we're back with no info that I can  find why such a long hiatus. Ah well, I did get several lessons finished, sent in, so there is that. Next week we are headed into the fifties for not just the highs but the lows as well. It was good to see your post, Larry; we don't expect more than just a check-in from our friends here so no need to try for more. Taking lots of rest is always good for you right now.

Denver

I want to share my sad news that I learned today on Face Book.  For any of the old Senior Netters that remember Toni Lee Neikens, she past away this week.  I do not know exactly when but I do know it was due to her heart issue.  I was very sad to read this, and I am sure many of you will be also.  RIP sweet lady, you were loved by many in our Senior Groups.
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Vanilla-Jackie

Happy to see we are now back up and running after a twelve hour gap...when I was in bed...Now I am here, no one else is here, you are all tucked up in bed...

Jenny, sad news on a past member but more sad that I didn't know her, nor had ever come across her name before, yes may she Rest In Peace...

Jenny, when I first saw your double posts, re, soda shoppe and norms B & T, I thought for a moment you had some not so good news on our June Drabek.., for those first few seconds I was fearing the worst, especially when I started reading " I want to share my sad news.."..

angelface555

I remember Toni Lee and always enjoyed her Seniornet activities both online and in the Bash CDs that Adrienne faithfully mailed to me. I was sorry to hear of her death as I'm sure many will be. We are losing so many of the old guard!

Vanilla-Jackie

Yay, someone else is about..a good morning or a good night to you, Patricia...

Sasha

Jackie, I do look forward to hearing what you experience tonight. Tell us a little about Sally Morgan: I know about a number of U. S. psychics, but in the U.K, David Drew is the only one I can call to mind.
There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.
- Albert Einstein

Vanilla-Jackie

Sasha...
...it is tomorrow I shall be going, ( I am in UK, ) and yes if there is anything of interest whether it is of me or she picks on someone else, I shall post and let you all know...Not sure what I shall be expecting really, of course I am hoping I will be one of the chosen few...just maybe I will get that special birthday present, I shall call it a once only, a one off pleasant surprise... :)

Edited to add: this is her ( Psychic Sally Morgan ) 10th Anniversary Tour, so maybe something special...