Random Image

flowers

Owner: Beverly
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:43:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

D

Norms Bait and Tackle

Started by dapphne, March 30, 2016, 09:23:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marilyne

Larry - It turned out that my granddaughter does not have the flu.  She is very impressionable, (an autistic trait), and after seeing all the scary stories on the news and on her iPad about the flu epidemic, she thought she was developing the symptoms.  it did seem unlikely to me, as they live in a smaller size city in the Central Valley, and the flu hasn't really arrived there yet.   

I'm sorry that the shots haven’t helped Pat with the pain.  I hope that when she sees the surgeon, that he can give her some help in alleviating the pain.  They are always coming up with new treatments, so maybe there is something promising on the horizon?

Patricia - I know you said that the parrot is used to cats, and can hold his own with them. . . . but still, that focused, determined look in Lizzie’s eyes, made me a little edgy!

Mary Ann - Sounds like our temperatures are about the same.  Right now, at 9:00 pm, it’s 52 degrees.  If you’ve been watching the Weather Channel, I’m sure you’ve seen pictures of the mudslides in Montecito?  (Southern California.)  So shocking and so sad. Yet another horrible disaster to add to the list. 

Gloria - That's too bad about your cousin, falling and breaking her hip. I know what you mean about hoping to write a happier report next time.  I feel the same way. :( 

angelface555

Marilyne, that picture was taken on the same day as the first meeting. The first picture shows her reaction to the first bird she has ever seen. Before, it was people and cats. She has yet to see a human baby or child. Now she ignores him other than sometimes attempting to sit by him, at which time he flaps his wings, and she moves.

The owner did say he is always supervised although in 34 years with cats he has learned to handle them. The other cats ignore the parrot, and he has his room when not having supervised visits. Lizzie is coming to ignore him as well since he doesn't do anything in reaction to her or the other cats.

Mary Ann

Things have changed for the worse as far as the weather is concerned, however, looking at the Weather Channel, others have it worse than we do.  When I went to bed last night about 11 pm the temperature was 44 degrees.  I got up about 3 am and looked at the thermometer which read 31 degrees.  When I got up about 7:30, we were at 25 degrees and I think the temps are heading further down.  I noticed the radar on TV showed a mix in the Detroit area and I think it missed us.  Tom was out driving this morning and said it was very worthwhile. 

Mary Ann

larryhanna

Hi Everyone. We are going to have another fairly warm but cloudy and rainy day today.  We had light rain on and off all day yesterday and today the forecast calls for 100% chance of rain at 4 pm with high chances at other times.  We can use the rain.  It will then cool off a bit for a few days.  Today the housekeeper will be here shortly.  We plan to go to the Dairy Queen for our main meal of the day.  They have very good hamburgers and of course ice cream.  That is all that is planned for today.  So I will just be taking things easy today.

Sue, thanks for the info regarding your sister's spinal surgery.  When Pat saw the surgeon a few weeks ago he basically told her that surgery probably wouldn't help much as the stenosis is so bad but she wants to talk to him again for more detail. 

Mary Ann, glad to see you are enjoying a little warmer weather but see that may be over for awhile with it turning colder.  The reaction Kendrick has to the mouse toy is interesting.  Those roasted chickens are good and we always have left overs that can be used for other meals.

Patricia, I am afraid that Pat's pain is getting worse rather than better.  She just told me that lifting the lid to the new Instant Pot she bought is becoming difficult.  I told her to let me do that but she probably won't.  She had a delicious mac and cheese in it last evening and it was quick and good.  The more she uses it the more confidence she will gain and probably use it more and more.  I had a friend at coffee yesterday tell me his cardiologist told him he should stay away from Church during the high flu time.  That seemed a little extreme but guess it was just staying away from crowds.  We did have one couple in our Sunday School class  that had the flu and they were out for seven weeks.  I bet Alan and Dora were happy to see the cats just as the cats were to see them.  Nice of them to host the brunch and share some of their experiences on their long trip.  That Lizzie sounds like an imp and a handful for the owner.  Our home entertainment cabinets look almost identical to those in the two pictures you posted except we have a center piece that held a TV.  It is now a nice place to display pictures as there is a cabinet above and below.

Marilyne, so glad your granddaughter doesn't have the flu.  The power of suggestion can be strong sometimes.  Those pictures from the mud slides are so distressing and I can't even imagine how one would go about cleaning up so much mud.   

Carol

Finally, some down time to check in this group.  I read a few of the notes and comments on weather.  It is a dry winter so far in Colorado and the mountains are severely in need of snow - I think 6 states depend on that water. whenever I see a new development with a front "water feature" it looks like no one is listening to warnings. 

wjoan:  How is your snow in the mountains?  I forgot to ask my brother in Chelan.  What is happening in your area?

Larry:  Perhaps Pat can get a 2nd. opinion or even three?  A friend who had the surgery has a shot about every six months and she also goes to a pool for their special exercise.  Dairy Queen sounds so good.     

angelface555

Good afternoon from a warming Interior. We are following a similar pattern from before where we are warmer on the weekend and colder during the week. We are headed to zero today for a high.

Farrah has settled into a non-treat, low-fat diet which the vet suggested as she had gained more weight than he wanted. She needs to lose five pounds. He also said that it is common with abused or feral cats to eat a lot because they have memories of times with none or little food. I also try to spend at least a few minutes at different times getting her to be more active in playtime.

Larry, if it wasn't for Alan and Dora, I probably wouldn't have a social life. I have known them for over 40 years. I worked for them in the store one summer when I was young.

Lizzie is a miraculous kitten, having been born four days after the other four kittens who didn't survive. And yes, she is very smart, probably too smart to be other than an imp. She has become the leader at ten weeks, of a two-year-old and two six months old cats which is very uncommon.

One of my classes has me stumped on how to add luminosity to my photography. I watch and listen to the video but my results don't look anything like the instructors!  :-[  Each student gets the same photo as the instructor and we are to follow along with him in the video. It's a desert scene with lots of reds and oranges plus some blue and grey tones. I was working on it most of the morning or attempting to.

I am so sorry about Pat's pain. A friend is suffering from her back and another with rheumatoid arthritis in her hands so it seems the older we get, the more we have to deal with. I think you and Pat will come to eventually depend on the Instapot as I and others do.

MaryAnn, stay warm! I also put the SmartKat toy and others away for a bit and then bring them out again. It piques Farrah's interest.

Marilyne, I don't know what to say about California anymore, and the flu stateside seems overwhelming in so many areas.

Everyone please stay warm and safe!

so_P_bubble

Marilyne

Carol - Good to see you posting here.  I know what you mean about the "water features".  They seem to be standard now in all condos and many homes as well.  I think the TV channel, HGTV, popularizes many of these new fads!  We usually watch House Hunters, and some of the others.  Seems like all the couples want the same things!  I notice that most women are now insisting on a "white kitchen", as well as an island, stainless steel appliances, and granite countertops.  It would be refreshing to see a couple with some original ideas for a change.

I guess the weather everywhere, is starting to get cold again?  Everywhere except here in California . . . land of endless disasters. :(  We had a rainstorm mid-week, but only about an inch here in Northern Cal.  It was heavier in the South, which caused the tragic mudslides.  Now the sun is shining brightly, and we are supposed to go up into the mid 60's today and over the weekend.

Mary Ann - I can see where Tom would do well, driving for Uber in Winter weather.  I find it hard to drive in the rain, and I'm sure that snow and ice would be extremely difficult for me and for everyone else..  We know quite a few Uber drivers here in our area, and they do well year around, regardless of the weather.  Likely because of so many people here. The traffic becomes almost unmanageable.

angelface555

On Facebook,

https://www.facebook.com/Hurricanes-and-Hot-Rods-293078757873121/

Her story on LoveMeow,

http://www.lovemeow.com/kitten-born-4-days-after-others-never-leaves-cat-mothers-side-now-4-months-later-2524709305.html

"Shelby gave birth to four kittens on August 25th, 2017 but only one kitten named Sparky made it through birth. The tiny fur baby was fighting hard to live. Despite their very best efforts, little Sparky crossed the rainbow bridge four days later in her mother's arms.

On the day of Sparky's passing, to everyone's surprise, Mama Shelby gave birth to a fifth kitten. While they were on their way home from the vet on August 29, a tiny surprise kitten was born in the car. She was loud and ready to nurse.

Her name is Lizzie, named after the Ford Model T."

One comment read, "Should have included how FDJ couldn't contain the little one. That at 2.5 weeks she climbed a 8 inch fence then at just over a month old climbed a 15 inch barrier, 3x in a 2 hour time period causing FDJ to give up in trying to keep Lizzie in her area."

Sandy

Good Friday Afternoon,  everyone... 
I think that staying out of areas where people
gather during the flu season is a good idea... 

Churches are even more dangerous,  IMHO,
because people want to be able to go into a church
to be "nearer thy God to thee",  so they choose
to ignore the fact that they can get seriously ill, 
or pass their seriously illness on to others.

I steer clear of areas where people gather,  and when
I happen to be
at the grocer store,  I keep moving
when at all possible.

I am sorry that Pat is so ill Larry..  I know that
she is looking for hope,  when apparently
there is not much of that at her disposal. 

I hope that they come upon something that will
really help her find relief.

I am going into the hospital on Monday
(YIKES  sick people!)
to get prepped for a colonoscopy .... 
Because I have AFIB and take coumadin
to help prevents blood clots and further
damage from strokes, they want me there
to keep an eye on,  during colonoscopy
process...

I am dreading it,  but it is something that I
need to have done.   

I will let you know how I make out. 
If able   (as you can see,  I am a little
nervous)

Have a good weekend,  everyone!

Sandy 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

larryhanna

Hi Everyone. After a day of rain and now a night that got down to 31 we are expecting it to get to 50 this afternoon with sun all day.  After two days of cloudy weather the sun will be welcome.  We did go out to Dairy Queen for their $5 lunch special yesterday.  I plan on attending a meeting this morning and making a quick stop at Aldi's and then late this afternoon will likely watch the football games.  They don't start until about 4:30.

Carol, we can live without a lot of things but water is not one of them.  We are expected to keep our yards watered here in this development.  Fortunately we have a springer system.  However, I have to wonder about the use of water in this way when multiplied over and over again in so many places and yet in many places water is a scarce commodity.  I am not aware of this area having any water shortages although other parts of the State had them last summer. 

Patricia, too bad that Farrah is now having to have a restricted diet and no more treats.  What the vet said about feral or abused cats makes a lot of sense.  I didn't realize that you had known Alan and Dora until recently.  Do they live in your building? Pat told me yesterday that lifting the lid off the Instant Pot is the most difficult for her.  It is up on our island in the kitchen and with its height the lid is up pretty high and it is heavy.  I suggested to her to let me lift it for her but she didn't think that was a great idea. 

Marilyne, this house has granite counter tops for the kitchen cabinets and the island and Pat really dislikes them.  They require a lot of work and special treatments.  You can't just wipe them up.  We also have food floors in the kitchen and that is not a good idea either.  They look pretty but you have to be so careful with them.  I sure don't envy you dealing with the traffic in your area.  The lack of traffic is almost to the top of my list of things for which I am so thankful we moved to South Carolina. 

Sandy,  one advantage of the online grocery shopping and then just going to pick it up and they bring it out to your car is that I avoid the crowds in the store.  However, I am not ready to give up being around people although try to avoid being too close to people.  You are wise to get the colonoscopy and glad they will be monitoring you in the hospital. 

Mary Ann

I have just gotten out of the shower.  With my right shoulder problem, it is hard to wash my hair, but I do manage.  I am becoming left-handed in several ways and getting to the right side of my head is one of them. 

We are at 14 degrees now and I don't know what the forecast is.  Looking at radar, it shows "lake effect" snow on Lake Michigan, but other than that, there is no snow, however, we are to be in the teens all week.  I have to be out in the cold only on Tuesday.  I'm not sure I will go to church because of my shoulder, also if Dot can't go, I have no ride, however, Tom would take me if I want him to.  Being in a transition period is not so interesting but many of my church friends would be there.  Time will tell.

I'm sorry to hear of Pat's pains and I wish they could at least ease up.  I think her pain is worse than mine - and mine is bad enough because it is almost constant.

I made an appointment with Tom for today to do some pickup in the living area.  He is down stairs most of the time (work) but he contributes to the mess and I can't undo it by myself, hence the "appointment".

Mary Ann

Marilyne

Good morning everyone. :). Nothing of interest happening here this weekend.  Hubby will spend the weekend working on a retaining wall in our side yard, that collapsed a couple of days ago, and I will most likely stay inside and try to really accomplish something for a change.

Mary Ann - Good that you made an "appointment" with Tom, to do some of the cleaning.  Isn't it amazing, how two adults can make such a mess, in such a short period of time?  I try to keep up with the kitchen here, and I'm always surprised at the amount of dishes, glasses, silverware, that two people use in one day!  It takes me close to an hour every morning, to get the kitchen cleaned and looking decent.   Then there's the laundry, bathrooms, and the endless clutter that accumulates everywhere. ::)

angelface555

Good morning from the Interior! I'm all dressed up and just awaiting my ride to brunch.

Larry, Alan, and Dora are two of my favorite people, but no they don't live in my building. They have a beautiful two-story home just outside of town with the Creamer's bird sanctuary on one side and a green area on the other that all the neighbors keep as a quiet place. They often see owls, moose and sometimes lynx in the area. I would love to live in that neighborhood if I had more cash and carry!

Yesterday afternoon, I heard Farrah growl. She had leapt up to catch a dangling feather toy and had somehow ended up on her back with the metal part connecting the feather to the line caught in her claws. She stayed still long enough to allow me to untangled the piece from her nail and then she was off again.  ::)

I do not envy any of you that severe and persistent pain. I hope you can feel better soon. My major complaint is an unsteady  balance. I'm still apprehensive about falls and always stiffen up arthritically but no persistent pain.

Marilyne, it can take me two days to clean what was once an hour's job! But I keep plugging away.

Here's my ride, enjoy your day!

larryhanna

Hi Everyone. We are back to winter temperatures again today.  It was 26 degrees when I arose and will only get up to the low 40's this afternoon.  The only thing on the agenda is going to Sunday School and Church.  I will bring the devotional for our Sunday School this morning and perhaps lead the singing of the two hymns, which I have done for the last two weeks.  I no longer have a strong voice but can read the music and sing on key and we have a microphone.  After Church I will stop somewhere and bring something home for our main meal of the day.  Pat has come down with a bit of bronchitis and has been doing a lot of coughing.  However, she has been using Zicam and she thinks the cough is better this morning.  Her back is feeling better this morning also and she didn't start the day with the icepack.  Hopefully she will be able to enjoy a good day.

Mary Ann, hope you haven't gotten very much snow and that you are up to attending your Church this morning.  It isn't an easy time for Churches to be without a permanent pastor or at least an interim one. 

Marilyne, it seems there is always something that needs repair around a house.  I wonder the same as you about how we can get our house messed up in a two week time.  I am also surprised at how many loads of washing we do each week.  I do try to keep things put away and clean the kitchen as I go along or after Pat finishes so it is never a really big job.  I am thankful for the dishwasher although don't mind washing some things by hand.

Patricia, I hope you enjoyed the brunch yesterday.  Thanks for the info on where Alan and Dora live.  It sounds like a beautiful setting for their home.  Jeanne Lee's struggle is over and she certainly put up a fight.  She has been such a good friend to all of us on these discussion boards for so long going back to the early days of SeniorNet.   

angelface555

Good morning from the warmer Interior!

Larry, I had a wonderful time. It was quite a full house, so I didn't get to see the cats. Good food, good company and a lot of laughter and good times. They had a video journey of their trip which was shown, including many castle interiors. I'm beginning to hold the opinion that most medieval artists spent their days hoist among the scaffolding on their back, paint-spattered and arthritic! But, oh so beautiful and awe-inspiring!

MarsGal

Finally, I got a pix of Lucy. This is her usual "angle of repose".

Mary Ann

MarsGal, Lucy has such interesting markings.  She also looks like she is a large cat.  I think she is pretty.  Kendrick is large, especially when he sprawls out on my bed.

Mary Ann

angelface555

I agree that Lucy looks pretty and also very content snoozing on the couch. That is a pose of complete relaxation and trust.

Farrah naps that way on the living room floor. She has a new favorite spot for snoozing that concerns me. She sleeps from late afternoon into the evening, in the bedroom, against the wall between the closet door and her domed cat litter box. Farrah used to sleep on my bed or the couch, but this is new.

Lindancer

MarsGal, now that is a relaxed picture of your pretty kitty.

Patricia, Taffy, most of the time this last year sleeps on a special pillow on my bed.  She forms a circle with her head tucked under one paw. Have to get a picture.

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

Marilyne

Winnie was constantly finding new places to sleep.  In the Winter, he would go to the back of a closet in the downstairs bedroom, but would never go there in other seasons.  After a few years, I discovered that the closet, was backed against the basement wall where the furnace was located.  So the wall and closet were nice and warm in the Winter.  He did the reverse in the summer, and had a number of favorite sleeping spots that were cool - against a brick wall, or areas on the redwood deck where air circulated between the boards.   

MarsGal - That's a darling picture of Lucy!  Does Shan like to sleep cuddled up next to Oscar or Lucy, or don't they allow it?     

MarsGal

Mary Ann, Lucy is a large, but she carries her weight well; she is big-boned. Oscar, on the other hand is fine boned and, at the moment, reminds me of an ant queen or insect larva of some sort because his fattiness is not a smooth overall look, but lumpy, flabby, pudgy look. The vet seems unconcerned. I am hoping the extra exercise he gets playing with Shan will help him at least to not gain anymore than he is now. He really isn't piggy at the food dish.

It will be interesting to see Shan grow. I don't think he will be a tall legged cat, but he is long already. His legs look pretty sturdy. His eyes have turned to a pale yellow now, and his coat is taking on some of the ginger coloring of his Mom.

Marilyne, Lucy generally likes to be off by herself to sleep most of the day. She will take to my lap in the evening. Last night she surprised me going over near Shan and laying done. Shan and Oscar do take naps together, in fact, they were napping together just a while ago--that is until Shan decided he wanted to tussle.

It was a nice sunny day here today, but the temp only got to 19. Looks like we are not expecting any bad weather for the next week, except maybe a day or two of, just maybe, flurries or light snow.

I haven't got any particular plans for this coming week, except that I will be checking on George's cats again while he is away.

shirleyn

WOW!  What an exciting football day, huh Larry?

MarsGal, I see Shan's picture in the Random Image.  How cute!

I am stiill wrangling with Humana.  With Blue Cross/Blue Shield there were no hoops to jump thru, so I am finding it rather confusing with Humana.  I have a Heart Doctor, that I see at least twice a year and a Rheumatoid/Arthritis doctor that I see more often.  So Humana says they have to hear from my primary doctor to see if he wants me to see these doctors.  Geesh.  With BC/BS I just went to them.  I also got started wrong with them, some how or other they didn't put down my correct primary doctor, so now they are changing it but it won't go into effect until Feb. 1st. It is really difficult for old people to get thru changes like this.

Sorry for venting, but this is the only place I can do this.

I heard from my son today - he and my daughter in-law are coming next weekend for a visit.  Really looking forward to this.  Marilyne, this will be my source for energy to get things done around here.  I haven't done too much since my cold, and it needs it!

I guess that will be it for tonight.  Hi to the rest of the gang - I am all tired out from football.  :crazy2:

shirleyn.

angelface555

I have to say that I am so glad that the primary doctor practice is illegal in this state altho"they" try to get around it by offering incentives if you choose someone on"their" list.

The issue I have is with Medicare in this state, with it only paying about 70% on the dollar; is that many doctors have a set number of Medicare patients they will accept, they don't take any at all or some other objection to their wallets.

Alaska has some of the highest medical costs in the country and the highest of all in dental, with many medical personnel retired military. This fact makes it very hard for seniors looking for a new doctor or even staying with the ones you had after transitioning to Medicare.

I have no idea how indigent, homeless, or those on welfare get by. Senior food stamps here is only $19.00 a month! The system is not geared to anyone but the medical or corporate profession!

I am a medical pariah because I have Medicare, two low-cost insurance companies and I'm a senior.

So ends my rant!

Mary Ann

This afternoon we went to Red Lobster to celebrate Annie's birthday.  There were six adults and two babies.  The babies were great today, actually they usually are, and we never heard a peep out of them.  Alicia bought two seats that fit on regular chairs so they don't have to rely on kids chairs in restaurants.  Tom and I treated; I don't know what my half is yet.  I had a tilapia and shrimp combo on rice and felt it was too spicy.  Tom had steak and shrimp and said his was spicy too.  I do not like spicy!  I had hoped for Canadian Walleye but it is out of season.

Gloria de, I am watching the golf tour from Honolulu and it is in a playoff now - James Hahn and Patton Kizzire.

I have been looking for an obit for Jeanne Lee and I can't find one - so far.  As far as I know, her home is in Corinth NY and they don't seem to have a newspaper although there are two or three area newspapers.  If anyone knows something to help me find an obit, let me know.

Mary Ann

larryhanna

Hi Everyone. We have a very crisp but sunny day here in South Carolina and are not to get above the mid-40's after getting down into the mid-20's last night.  I plan on staying inside and warm today.  Nothing on the calendar that demands particular attention so will just work on some non-priority projects here in my office.  Pat's congestion is breaking up a bit but she is still coughing.  It doesn't seem to have turned into a cold. 

Our men's group, with the help of some of the women in the Church, will do the annual Project Warm this coming Friday and Saturday.  They hope to work on 8 or 9 houses that need repair for people who cannot afford to handle the repairs.  The supplies needed are paid for by one of the charities here and the Church supplies the labor.  This is the 7th or 8th year are men's group has done this on an annual basis.

Patricia, I expect the cats were staying out of sight with all of those strangers in the house.  It is also a way to avoid getting stepped on. It is nice to see you had such a good time.

MarsGal, that is a picture of a contented cat. 

Marilyne, Winnie was no dummy and knew where he would be nice and warm in the winter and comfortable in summer.

ShirleyN, that was a pretty exciting football day.  I watched the last half of the first game and the entire second game.  It is interesting how many games can come down to the last play of the game to decide the winner.  It sure looked that New Orleans had the game won after playing a really bad first half and being down 17 points and then coming back to take the lead with very little time left and then end up losing the game on an unbelievable desperation play to end the game.  It sounds like Humana works like Kaiser used to do in that referral was necessary to see a specialist.  At least with the BC/BS plan we can see any doctor we want (as you know) but best to stay with a participating doctor or you pay more of the bill.  We strive to see only participating doctors but have had a couple of instances where blood was sent to a non-participating lab without our knowledge and we ended up with a higher bill.  I expect we all understand your venting and you are only expressing what many of us have or are experiencing.  It is amazing how having visitors spurs us into action around the house. 

Patricia, we had a tough time getting established with doctors when we moved 3 years ago as so many of them wouldn't accept any Medicare patients even though we don't have the Part B coverage under Medicare. 

Mary Ann, having your own baby seats to use in restaurants is a great idea.  I have also seen mothers have covers that fit over the child's seats so that they don't touch the wood which should help protect the babies from germs.  It has been a long time since we have been to Red Lobster even though one is nearby us.  We felt they had reduced the quality and quantity of their food items while raising the price.  Since Jeanne Lee's family all lived away from her area is it possible they choose not to have an obit published.  That was our decision with Stacey.

Mary Ann

The second time I got up this morning, I found out snow was falling.  I think it is a light snow, but snow is snow and everything is white. 

Larry, Jeanne Lee's son wrote that with no service, it was only going to be announced in church, so it is possible that was the obit.  I'll look for a few more days, then give up.

Tom and I may go to see Jan today, but between her schedule and ours, it is hard to find time.  Even today, she is to have PT at noon for 45 minutes.  I've taken care of Tuesday, Jan is busy Wednesday, Tom is busy Thursday and Friday, so far, is clear.  If we go today, I'll have to get dressed before I usually do. 

One thing I want to take time for is to go through our grocery store's inventory for pick up so it is not such a burden to shop.  I know practice makes perfect and that was only the first time to look at the inventory.  You don't realize how many items a store carries when you bypass aisles where you don't buy anything.

Mary Ann

angelface555

Good morning from a warm Interior. Tuesday we are due to have rain again, exacerbating the icy pavements and roads. We are still following the same routine with warmer weather at the beginning of the week and colder weather toward the end of the week.

Marilyne, you are right that Farrah's behavior is similar to Winnie's. My apartment stays warm being sandwiched all around and the corner she is sleeping in is the coldest place available. After my experience with Sarah's sudden illness and death, I'm more cautious and tend to be more pessimistic.

Larry, you could see the cats peeking over the stair rail, but they weren't about to come down or join in. They wouldn't even come out for the neighbor caring for them when their owners were away much less a group of strangers.

I have Humana and Medicare and have never seen anything per participating doctors or labs, but that is considered a monopoly and isn't allowed in the state. They do offer incentives but cannot force you or act against you for using a different lab, service or doctor.

MaryAnn, Ken has left his email if anyone wants to get into contact with anything. While not merely email and ask?

The three leading groceries here have recently offered over the phone or email orders. You drive out and pick it up, no deliveries.

The farms have their investing in the harvest system, and while the year-round farmer's market doesn't deliver, many of the ethnic markets have done for years.

Interesting that they are going back to a type of service they offered before the nineteen fifties and sixties.

angelface555

I've mentioned before that the Arctic like the majority of cold regions is very dry during colder weather with little or no humidity. And that it takes the moistness of humidity to rain or snow. With that in mind, I was reading yet another weather alert or advisory and was taken back by the statement that the record snowfall for this region was on this date in 2005 and was 2.09 inches!