Random Image

Unexpected Storm Clouds

Owner: Shirley
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:06:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for April 15,2019

Started by so_P_bubble, April 15, 2019, 01:51:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lindancer

Shirley, hugs and prays

Yes I am going by that old song,  MY Way Good night. time to go to bed and read

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

Denver

Running late again tonight. This has been a rather stressful day.

My neck is better each day, so I am very thankful for this, and I thank all of you who have been thinking and asking me about this.

Michele had a rough day today.  Each day after chemo has brought on different effects for the day after.  This afternoon there was a lock down of all of the children's schools due to a woman from Florida that flew in to Denver, purchasing a pump action shotgun and ammo, then threating  schools in the Denver Metro Area.  She has been known to have a infatuation with the Columbine Massacre.  The 20 year anniversary of this occurrence is the 20th.  School districts are meeting to decide if the schools should all be shut down until she is apprehended.   We were at our granddaughters school for pickup and she did not come out.....no one came out, and we had no idea what was going on.  Michele was getting all kinds of texts and emails from the school district telling of the lock down and then that parents would have to come to the school to sign out their children.  Kate was released to her GrandBob and we got her home safely.  So very sad what we have to deal with these days at our schools. 

SHIRLEY, if you come in during the night you are in my thoughts and prayers tonight.  I know you will be so glad to have  your heart procedure over and done.  Hugs to you. 💞💞

JACKIE, things are happening very quickly now, and it must seem that there is nothing left.  I hope the lady that is interest in Toby did come and made a good impression.  I know you will not let him go unless you feel it is a good family that is taking him.  Seeing the car go must have been very hard for you, and I am so sorry.  I do hope your sister and your daughter will step up and be there for you soon. 

Pleasant dreams to all. 

Jenny

🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Amy

Good morning everyone...

We are off to the vet this morning Jessie is having his operation this morning and will also have a dew claw removed on his hind leg. Now we know we are to keep him quiet after all this and that is going to be a job for sure. A not yet 6 month old pup doesn't do quiet!

Denver, that must have been a scare not seeing any children. Prayers for Michele and happy to read your neck is getting better.

Shirley, prayers for you and you will go through with flying colours on this.

Lloyd, I am glad to read that the mishap was to your RV and no mishap to you!!

Better get a move on we leave at 6:30.

Enjoy your day everyone.

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

We're up and attem!  Mickie did a total yard inspection before coming in this morning.  I don't think she found anything because I haven't seen a report.

JENNY, what a scare for you and the children in the area!  How sad that Michele had that to deal with when she wasn't feeling well herself.  But I'm glad to hear that you are on the mend.

I've also been thinking about Jackie and your message to her opened my ears for some of what she is going through.  JACKIE, I keep you in my prayers and I wish you well!

It's a bit chilly here this morning....only 45º but supposed to get into the 60s later today.  I still have some yard cleanup to do but I'm calling the yard guy today to let him know what we want him to do and I think I'll leave the cleanup to him. 

I'll be off to greet my public at WM this morning!  I bet it will be busy after being closed almost one entire day this week.  I'm sure glad I wasn't there yesterday!

I hope you all have a lovely day filled with everything your heart desires and I'll be waiting to hear about SHIRLEY'S day!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Joy

Good morning.  A quick  Hi to everyone.

Jenny, that must have been scary for the kids as well as the ones there to pick them up.  I just don't know where this world is coming to with so many incidents like that.  I still am praying for Michele.  Hope she is feeling better this morning.

Jane, I bet you enjoyed your day of rest yesterday,  but now, today, it is back to the same old thing.  It is still very chilly down my way.  But, it does look like the sun is trying to show it's face. 

I, too, have been thinking of Shirley this morning.  I feel like she will be fine.  She is a very strong gal !!!  I think she did say you would be spending a day or two in the hospital. She will be climbing the walls, knowing her.

Amy, hope all goes well with the dog's surgery today.  Oh, 6:30 is so early to have to be out.

I hope everyone will have a good day.

Joy
BIG BOX

Mary Ann

Jenny, I read this morning about the woman with guns wanting to emulate the Columbine Massacre.  I worry about the future with people who have thoughts like that. 

Jenny, I am so sorry Michele must suffer the ill effects of chemo; she is fortunate she has a loving family (yours) for support.  Thinking of Jackie, not everyone does. 

If anyone wants to know what Jackie is going through, go to Norm's B&T where whe has opened up to her feelings, what must be done, the help she is getting, also the help she is not getting.  I sometimes feel her only friends are those of us in S&F and we're an ocean away.

Jane, I'll bet you enjoyed your day off yesterday and I hope you didn't overdo it.  You work hard when you're at home and a bonus day off could have been an extra day of rest.

Amy, you've had more dogs than I have, but as I recall when our dog was spayed, she was rather quiet the next day because if she moved, it hurt.  Now, with the cat (male), I think he was a normal 5-month old with little pain. 

Mary Ann

larryhanna

Hi Everyone.  I am just going to check in for today as am very weary.  The last two or three days has caught up with me so will just take it easy the rest of the day with extra rest.  I have read all of the postings since I posted yesterday.

Denver

This threat is over in our community....the lady has been found dead from a self inflicted gun shot.  She purchased this rifle LEGALLY in a gun shop less than 2 miles from Columbine High School.  Now what will we have come up next?  Sadly, every year around the Columbine anniversary time the crazies come out of the wood work and they are even more convinced that with it being the 20th year anniversary there is the likely hood of even more threats.  All school districts in the entire  Denver Metro Area and more cancelled school today due to the concerns for our children's safety.

I am thinking about SHIRLEY of course, and hope that we will hear something today that her procedure is over and she is doing GREAT! 

AMY, we look forward to hearing that Jesse's procedure is over and he is recovering well. 

JACKIE, another day is nearing an end for you.  I do hope more was accomplished today and that your neighbor did follow through and your printer is working well for you to print the picture of Richard. 

I want to say that the children at the schools were not told of the imminent threat of why their schools were on lock down, rather they were told it had something to do with a "weather threat".  Kate looked around at the sky and said, "humm, the sky does not look like a threat to me"?  What a shame our world has come to such terrible things for us all to be worried about.  Now there are so many families that are dealing with this....parents that had to stay home from work, and the like. 
🦋 Jenny

Joy

Jenny,   I am glad the incident with the lady with a gun is over. 

It was on our local noon news, but nothing about her being found dead at that time.   If I remember correctly, it said she was just a teen-age girl.  Yes, things like that are so sad.  But, so many strange things going on in our world today.  I do worry about what kind of world my great-grandchildren will grow up in.  I won't be around to see what is happening, tho.  I hope they can live in a better world when they grow up.

Hope Michele is feeling better today.  I know how hard it is for her and for all of you.   I do continue to remember  her in my prayers. 

Joy
BIG BOX

JaneS

Just peekin' in to see if there's any news from SHIRLEY or her family.  Lots to do and I'm a bit tired so I'll peek in later!

I'm glad the current threat in Denver is over!  Prayers do get answered!

Sandy

Good Evening Everyone. 

I am glad that the situation in Colorado
is over.   Hopefully this one person  is all
there is to this situation. 

I guess that she ended her own life.

At 18 she legally purchased a fire arm
after only being in the state for 2 hours...

Well,  that fact certainly speaks for it self.

Easter and Passover will be here soon. 

Have a good evening,  Everyone.
Sandy   :'(

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

JaneS

Nothing from Shirley yet!

How's Jesse doing, AMY?

Shirley

I'm home.... just a few minutes ago but wanted to change clothes & get comfy. I ate before 5:00 am so am starved. Had 2 crackers & a couple sips of Coke ... this is a heart clinic across the street from the hospital so they can rush people across the sky walk if needed. Dr stopped when cath was done & asked me if I would "promise to take Plavix if I put in 2 stents you have to PROMISE!"  I agreed & he put in the stents. Had to stop by the store to pick up prescriptions on the way home since I can't drive for a couple days. He is one tough doctor! The worst part is I do have a wicked cold with nose running constantly so had to convince the nurses I really do sleep flat, no raised bed or pillows.. can get the head clear that way. They ended up giving me something when all over, because the blood pressure spiked. My head is "wonkey" (as the kids say). The dye is not agreeing with my body & the Plavix they gave me "to go home"... gave me instant heart burn so bad I couldn't eat anything. I am off to bed but will eat a peanut butter & jelly before, and coffee.  Only thing that sounds like will stay down. I really do go to sleep after a cup of coffee.  Thanks for all the good thoughts & prayers, I am sure they helped pull me through this stage! Shirley

CallieOK

Stopping in before turning off computer because hail, wind and rain are "on the doorstep". 

Shirley,  happy to see a report from you.  Glad it's over and done with and hoping you'll behave yourself and follow directions.  "Don't make me come up there".   :) :) ;)   Love and prayers from "Down South".

JaneS

Oh Wow!  She's home already!  I just can't believe it!  Now SHIRLEY, BEHAVE YOURSELF and MIND the DR. 
Don't make ME come over there!

Joy

Well,   I am so glad  to see the message from Shirley.  

Now, I will agree with Jane and Callie.   Please behave yourself and follow ALL the doctor's orders EXACTLY !    Or   I will have to come out there,  also.  

I had noticed that I had left the computer on earlier, and don't like to leave it on overnight.  So, that is how I happened to be checking in here at 1 a.m.  I fell asleep watching the news and now will take myself to bed.

Will look for more from Shirley in the morning.  Hope you have a good night.

Joy
BIG BOX

Shirley

Well, thank you, girls, for backing up the bully doctor!  ;D   I woke up a little after 1:00am .. hungry... having trouble getting enough food in my tummy to satisfy. Took me over an hour to get an egg & 2 pieces of toast down, along with a couple cups of coffee. The nurse said that ANY liquid, including coffee, would help get the dye out of my system. My body objected to that dye from the git-go.... Except for being battered & sore, I actually feel like I can breathe better. There was something said about the 3 bypasses put in at the time the valve was installed... am quite sure it wasn't said to make it appear it was done "wrong", but went bad. Only time will tell if this did any good, but at the same time my valve was measured for the new one to fit into the pig valve of 6 years ago. I am not convinced my old body is ready for another invasion. BUT, for this week I will do as ordered.  ;)  Back to bed and more zzzzzzzzzzzzzs. Looks like the severe weather & hail missed us yesterday, I just checked radar and nary a green, yellow or red sploch in Kansas!

so_P_bubble

Hooray Shirley!  I knew you would be ok! Now - Rest and behave! ((((Shirley))))

Amy

Good morning everyone...

Thank you for asking about Jessie, so far all is well and I expect it to keep that way. He is getting used to the halo on his head but fights me when I put a boot on his foot.......can't win them all. They told me at the clinic to keep that bandage dry where he had his dew claw off and of course we are to have rain Thurs to Sat. He was ravenous this morning.
He came out of the anesthesia by 1 instead of 3:pm .

Have a laundry going now and not sure what else will be done as Jessie needs the attention.He had me awake several times in the night and outside for a bit so maybe a nap might be in order.

Shirley, great to see you here .Had no doubt you would pull through with flying colours and as others said  do what the dear Dr says........you sure don't want all of us showing up on your doorstep to see that you behave.  :smitten:

Oh dear ,he can stretch and get at that bandage on his leg.....and so it begins :)

Enjoy your day everyone.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

AMY, maybe we'll all have to gang up on Jessie, too!

Good Morning Everyfriend!  It's already 54º here this morning heading for the high 60s.  I can take this kind of day every day!

AMY, I have a recipe lying in front of me and I've got jars in the kitchen.  If I have all the ingredients, I'll be making your mustard today.  I've been out of it for almost a week now and it's been on my shopping list to buy two different times and I missed it.  I think Someone was telling me I probably wouldn't like the store-bought and I better get busy and make some.

I packed up Bethany's PB saltines last night and will deliver them to her dorm at the beginning of finals week in May. 

And I better get my day started NOW.  I wish you all a good one!

phyllis

So glad to hear that you are back home, Shirley.  It will take a few days to get yourself back to normal.  Take it easy...if that is possible for you...and mind the doctor.  I'm too old to come back to KS and sit on you!   :2funny:

What a day yesterday!  Spectrum wanted us to change our modem so sent us a new one by mail along with "simple" instructions to change out the old one to the new one.  Nothing is "simple" with those people.   :tickedoff:   We got the phone connected ok and the cable TV but we had a terrible time trying to sort out the internet connection.  Finally got connected late yesterday evening with the help of a tech on the phone.  I'm still trying to get things back to normal with several online business accounts.  And I don't even know if we have faster internet speed now or not!  I hate dealing with the cable company but everything depends on a computer now so have to have it!

Off to do some grocery shopping before more severe weather(tornadoes, hail, high winds, heavy rain) is due tomorrow.  Spring was slow to get here this year but it is coming with a bang.

I think we all have earned a good day so let's make sure to have one.
phyllis
Cary,NC

Joy

Good morning.  I wrote an earlier message, but must not have remembered to hit the post.

Shirley, so glad to see you message this morning.   Being hungry is a good sign.  Just remember to follow the doctor's orders,  or we all might be knocking your door down. LOL   Maybe,  catch up on a some reading, or find a good movie to watch on TV.

It is a very cloudy , miserable morning.  I have not heard the weather so far this morning,  but I do remember hearing something yesterday about some rough weather coming in tomorrow.

I have not been up too long,so I need to get something to eat.  Hope everyone will have a great day.

Joy
BIG BOX

Mary Ann

Shirley, it is good to hear that you are up but please don't get atem yet. 

I think we are having rain but I can't see out the window.  I think I heard thunderstorm in the forecast.  Looking at the radar, rain and storm are moving toward the northwest and we are just north of the radar.

Phyllis, our main hospital is named Spectrum and that is my first thought when I see the word.  Of course, we get the TV ads here. 

Amy, it looks like you are west of the snow in your area.  Poor Jesse, I hope he is able to last the week as far as his surgeries are concerned. 

Mary Ann

Shirley

I'd love to have every one of you show up on my door step & will put the cooffee & tea on immediately!  I do breathe so much better this morning I am shocked. I did not notice any improvement when the valve & bypasses done 6 years ago. Now if I can find a truce with Plavix, we will run up the flag.  I know when they gave me a double dose yesterday, ON AN EMPTY stomach, it would be a problem, but didn't expect this bad. Heart burn was smoking out my ears yesterday & not much better this morning. Enough about health & will report that we have beautiful, sunshine and the redbuds, crabapples & other blooming trees are gorgeous! The leaves on the trees have popped out & can hardly see across the river. Cats are sleeping in after their confusing day yesterday, I may join them. Thank you all for the encouragement, would love to hug each & every one.  :xoxo:

Joy, my sons convinced me to leave my computers on all the time, so I do. Now & then I will go wiggle the mouse & find I have to sign in because of updates. I'm afraid to shut down the old ones & let them run, even if not getting used every day.

Phyllis, as we drove through "Back Bay Blvd" yesterday I thought about your brother. It is a beautiful street, we drove through one way & came back through the park across the river to see from the other side. My friend's husband, a life long EAST sider told his wife that "if he every HAD to live on the west side it would be that street"... For you people that didn't know the history of Wichita, back in the days of Wyatt Earp the west side was where the bars & red light district started.  :2funny: We are very civilized and proper now.... most of the time.

Jane, my gr-daughter sent out e-mail with "suggestions" what each of us could fix for Easter brunch at their house. Daughter's whole family flying into St.Louis so the party is shrunk to half. My donation is deviled eggs & I am not going to dye them & let the kids hunt & devil them at their house, so will boil 36 eggs & when all done will have 72 halves ready to eat. They all bring more than needed but so good. I am not sure it's a wise thing to share all of our germs since everyone has some kind of bug right now, but may not be the same one. The kids get so many toys to find in the back yard they have to empty baskets over & over, not a lot of candy like ours did.

Amy, back in our dog days they didn't have a "halo" for them, but when she wagged her tail so hard on a sharp kitchen cabinet, she broke her tail. German Shepherd with a spiffy heavy tail that bent down about 5 inches from where it was attached. We made a cardboard sling & tied it to her hips, she wore for a while & all of a sudden it was healed & she could raise it when happy again. Love hearing about Jessie's days.

Hi, Bubble, nice to see you in here. Boy, my reputation has caught up with me, you think?  I will behave (for a week?).

Callie, did you get any of the storms yesterday?  I haven't been out to check my rain gauge but nothing overflowing. The Cleveland pear tree blossoms are stuck to the pool carpet, wind from the wrong directon!  I didn't hear news last night, hope no wind damage, we didn't get any. Today is clean up day & dumpster to the street so better get moving. Have a list of no-nos (nothing heavier than 10 lbs, no bending... so how do you clean a litter box straight up?, can't drive.. goodness, such a strain to be leashed!!!) Will discuss with the dictator the next phase of my fix...  ::) Terrific Thursday!

Oops, you popped in, Mary Ann. Thank you for the encouragement. I may hide when the next stage is offered. Not fun to lay still while "they" attack your body & can't understand what they say.

larryhanna

Hi Everyone. We have another cloudy but still nice day in preparation for tomorrow which may not be nice at all with a good chance of some severe storms tomorrow.  Scott and the girls were here last evening for dinner.  Right before they got here a couple of ladies from our Sunday School brought us a big meal of a lot of ham, squash casserole, lima beans and a great lemon pie.  Scott took are car back to his house last night to take it to the automotive place to get the oil changed.  They just called saying that work was done but that we needed two new tires and it was time to change the spark plugs and do some other maintenance work.  It will be a little less than $700 dollars and I went ahead and authorized them to do the work.  They were going to take Scott back to his house for the day and will come and get him this afternoon when the work is completed and he will bring the car back tonight when he comes out as he usually does on his days off.

I am going to just check in again today as my energy seems to be waning.  I appreciate all of the comments since I posted yesterday.

Shirley, glad the stenting is over and not surprised you are breathing better as that was always my experience.  The last two times they put in stents for me I was kept overnight in the hospital.  I am not a candidate for any more stents or catherizations of my heart unless I am able to survive my next heart attack.  Also will have no more heart surgeries. Give yourself a break and take things easy.  The world will go on whether you clean the litter box for a couple of days or ask one of your family to come over and do it. I was taken off Plavix for a few years but was put back on it in the last couple of years.

Gloria

Good morning everyone. Another gloomy day here, had rain overnight.

JANE  thank you, No need to be sorry, it was just another day older.

LARRY  better thinking it was the day you had to go out and not missed your appointment.

Thanks for all the birthday greetings. One reason I never mention it is I feel funny when everyone mentions it. To me is has always been just another day.

SHIRLEY  before my 3 year old was born my grandson and his wife were hoping he would have red hair like my grandson but he has dark hair like his Mom but loving and smart like his Dad.

JOY  any day I get to see my little one is a special day.

JENNY  that Florida woman was crazy. I was on the news about closing the Denver schools to be on the safe side.

AMY  don't think I ever saw a 6 month old pup quiet unless they were sleeping.

SHIRLEY  I kept reading hoping we would hear something from you. Hope you had a good sleep last night. Take care of YOU and let your family help you. That  coming from me who hates it when someone has to help me with what I believe is my work.

Better get a move on and get dressed before my CNA gets here.
Have a good day.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Lindancer

Good afternoon, rain again

Shirley, I just came in to say I am also so happy to see you home.  I take Plavix.

Hugs to all of you

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

Denver

GOOD MORNING❣️

So good to see your posts, SHIRLEY❣️ Our prayers were answered and it sure is good to read that you are breathing better and taking good care of yourself.  Keep it up, please and do try your best to not OVER DO it🤣🤣🤬🤬

AMY, sounds like Jesse did great and now you will just have to do your best to keep him as calm as possible as he heals.  You are taking such good care of him....he is a lucky little boy💞

LARRY, how nice to read about your church ladies bringing you such a nice meal last night.  Seems there is always something EXTRA that has to be done to our vehicles when we take them in. I am sure happy Scott is there to help you out.  Hugs to you and Pat.

GLORIA, there is so many unanswered questions about this Florida Gal, and how she did this all on her own, etc. leaving speculation that she may not have acted alone.  It is a scary world we live in these days.  The whole story is pretty bazaar! Unfortunately, copy cats are always a big concern.

PHYLLIS, we all know there is no such thing as SIMPLE instructions!  Glad you and David managed to get it up and running. 

SANDY, BIG RED FLAG when a 18 year old can go in a gun store and purchase a shot gun and three boxes of ammo with a out of state license! The man that sold her the gun admits he was skeptical of her, partly because of her camouflage pants, but he said she talked a likable story and the laws are such she passed the criteria with flying colors🤬. The gun shop was within 2 Miles from Columbine High School, but MANY, MANY miles from Denver International Airport.  How did she get there?  How did she get up in the mountains when she did not rent a car? She was not dressed for the elements....she was spotted running around necked and then the authority's found her dead from a self inflicted gun shot wound.....VERY SAD AND BAZAAR🧐

I must get busy.....have a good day EVERYFRIEND.

Jenn
🦋 Jenny

Amy

Jane, I also need to make mustard, we have about I/2 inch in a small jar left. I did make 6 banana orange loaves again. These I hope to freeze..

I listened to the loons this morning ,so nice to hear their calls echo across the lake. The swallows are also back and I thought this was rather early for them???

Guess I had better get my jars ready and make that mustard.
Jimmy Dean

JaneS

Well, I have four beautiful jars of mustard sitting on the counter cooling off.  And I had some that wasn't a jar's worth that I used on my lunch sandwich.  Whoooo Hooo!  it's go-oooood!  And now I have to order more dry mustard from the spice place.  I can order on line, and opt for picking it up at the warehouse and save shipping charges.  The warehouse is abut 10 miles away.

It sounds like Everyfriend is having a good day.  So am I!  BBL to see what ya'll are up to!  I'm really glad we don't have to go sit on SHIRLEY.  Then she really wouldn't be able to breathe!