Random Image

orchid

Owner: Beverly
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:55:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Bosom Buddies

Started by Pat, March 29, 2016, 01:17:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jane

Sue...hard to believe Alex is graduating already.  What are his plans now?

Sharon...ouch on John's tooth.  I hope it doesn't bother him for your trip.

Mary...neat pictures on FB of the wedding.

Marilyn...Thank heavens your son was there! 

Jeanne...assume your weather like ours.

Joy...hope all is ok in LA.

Darlene and Alpiner....hi to you both.

The Chicago trio has apparently changed plans again...according to Ray.  They're now going to come in "early" on Friday, and visit and return home again on Friday.  I don't know why anyone would want to drive 500 miles in one day.  "They" are supposed to call me.  I'm just going to have the makings for sandwiches and see how it goes, if nobody gets around to calling me. 

It was a miserable day here weather-wise...cold, windy and some hard rains. 

Have a peaceful evening,

Jane

Marilyn

My grand daughter will be on hospice as well, her days are getting much shorter and there is no hope of recovery. She is in Gods hands and is right with the Lord. My son has spent hours  with me texting back and forth. She knows that she can go at any time to be with the Lord. It is breaking my son's heart as he watches her declining so quickly. I am so sad.

maryz

Our hearts ache with you and yours, Marilyn.
"When someone you love dies, you never quite get over it.  You just learn how to go on without them. But always keep them safely tucked in your heart."

SCFSue

Good morning, Every Buddy.  First, Marilyn, I am praying for your grand-daughter and her family.  I know it must be very stressful for all of you.  If it is her time to go, I hope that it is peaceful and pain free.  Hugs to you and your family.

Jane, I'm hoping today is a better day for Ray and he is able to rest well.  You are both in my prayers and I'm hoping he is comfortable and pain free.  I also hope the "relatives" make a better decision about coming when Ray needs the peace and the comfort of being with you.  I often wonder what people are thinking when they make such choices! 

Also Stacie has arranged a position at a New Orleans hospital for Alex next week.  He'll be having some administrative duties, but I don't know any more details.  I've been saving money for him (and Nick, too) for when they graduate from college.  I'm going to suggest he invest at least half of it--and I hope he takes my advice!

Marilyn,  I am so sorry to hear about your grand-daughter's plight.  It is so hard to see young people who because of their life style now suffer because of it.  I am praying for you and her family.  Special prayers for you and your son.

I need to shower and dress for my Wednesday bridge club.  Terri will pick me up about 12:45.  Have a nice day, Every Buddy.

JeanneP

My screen has changed here in S and F. So strange now.Going to try and start over .Still shows the spell check, Preview,Post but no way can I see the other forums in a Drop Down window for me to clik on am move to another Forum. Seems like all my Tech. stuff going crazy . My Ipad again will not close down. Show my home page with some Women with a Chinese Accent just talking. Telling the Time, Date. This happened a few weeks ago and Best buys took care of it talking to Apple. Have to go see them again. I was in Facebook when it happens.
JeanneP

jane

Marilyn...my sympathy to you and your son.  What a difficult time for you and your family.

Sue...Ray is not in pain at this time, so that's a blessing.  He does want to see his sister, so that's why the visit. I think he thought he only had a week or so...but this new chemo is working well.

Jeanne...I can't imagine what is going on with your stuff and why it keeps changing and you get strange women with Chinese accents.  I know you're careful to keep your malware protection and antivirus protections updated and current.

The Home Health people were out this morning for a 2 hr interview.  A nurse will come every Monday to check his vitals, one is on call 24/7, including holidays, and an Aide will come twice a week to help him shower.

Tomorrow is chemo day in Cedar Rapids so I won't probably be online much.  Then Chicago trio (Nope, no phone call to me yet about when they're coming!  :tickedoff:  ) and then Patricia will go home on Saturday. 

I'm hoping next week will be quieter and calmer.   :thumbup:

jane

SharonE

I'm so sorry to hear of all the illness and suffering of both Marilyn and her family and Jane and hers. I know it must be so stressful and scary for all of you. My prayers are with you all.

Mary, I haven't been to FB yet to see the wedding pics, but will shortly.  It's been a busy day for me between bridge and getting a mani/pedi and picking up a script for John.  He seems to be doing well.

Jeanne, I don't have any Chinese lady on my devices, but they aren't acting right either.  Grrrr.

Sorry to be so brief, but still have stuff to do. Sharon

SCFSue

Good morning, Every Buddy.  I am packing for my trip to Birmingham.  Stacie just called to tell me they are on the road and should be here about 2:00 (although I doubt that will happen).  I am taking just what I need to wear at the graduation, jammies and undies, and hope to get home at a reasonable hour on Friday or at least early on Saturday as Bill is coming down from Illinois on Saturday to spend a few days with me.

Tim just called and asked me if I knew where my binoculars are, so I'm going to sign off here and try to find them.  He and Kris will be leaving for their Alaska trip while I'm up in Birmingham.

Have a nice weekend Every Buddy.  I'll let you know how the graduation/trip goes.

Sue

SharonE

Sue, I know you are so proud of Alex.  Enjoy your proud Grandma time this weekend and time with your sons as well.  I hope Tim and Kris have a wonderful Alaskan trip. Is it a cruise or inland or both? We took the cruise and wished we had taken the inland as well. He will enjoy the binoculars looking at the eagles, puffins, and any water creatures too far out.  Safe trip.

John has taken Bunny to the kennel and I have printed our boarding passes and started getting things out to pack. We won't be gone long, but since it is all so dressy, there's lots to pack.

Jane, I hope today is a good day for Ray and you and better times to come.

Marilyn, I hope Kim is holding on. As you said, she's in God's hands now.

Mary, apparently, you haven't accepted my friend request on my new FB page, so I can't see your pics.  My new page is Sherry Ede. I lost the other one due to crashes.

Hope all is well with all the other buddies.  I'll be home Sunday night.  Take care of yourselves.  Sharon

maryz

Sharon, I guess I thought your friend request was a spam one.  I'll go hunt it up right now. Hope your weekend/wedding is fun, successful, and not too strenuous.

I hope Sue has a good time with her family, too.  Let us know about the Alaska trip.  Is this their first time there?

jane said Ray had a treatment today, so I hope we hear from her when they get back.

Hugs, Marilyn!

Happy Thursday to ALL the Buddies!
"When someone you love dies, you never quite get over it.  You just learn how to go on without them. But always keep them safely tucked in your heart."

SharonE

Mary, I saw the pictures.  I loved them.  It's a very different wedding from my grandson's, but each expresses the couple.  So glad you could go.  I'm finally packed and just have to wash my hair and do it.  I screwed up 2 of my nails I had done yesterday, so had to go back and get them fixed! I can never seem to get out of the salon with all of them intact. You would think we were going to be gone a week or more with all the packing, but with a formal wedding + the rehearsal dinner, it requires a lot at least for me.  Even John had to have both a suit and a sportscoat to take. I'm getting too old for this, but I wouldn't miss it for the world.

I hope everything went well for Ray today.    Sharon

JeanneP

Hi All.

So much going on with our Grandchildren at the moment. I just have a hard time realizing that they are all growing up so fast. What with Wedding, Graduations. Having children. Where did the time go. We still look at them as being so young.

Now Thomas Lane. He is my Eldest Grandson.  Just let me know his news last night.. He will now be moving to Kansas.

MANHATTAN — Thomas Lane, a highly experienced student affairs administrator, will become Kansas State University's new vice president for student life and dean of students.

Kansas State University President Richard Myers announced the appointment of Lane, who currently serves as associate vice president for student affairs and dean of students at Missouri State University. His appointment follows a national search to replace Pat Bosco, who is retiring after nearly 50 years of service in student life administration at the university.

Lane will join Kansas State University on July 14 and brings more than 25 years of experience in student life administration to his new job.

"We are excited to have found someone of Dr. Lane's caliber for this vital position at K-State," Myers said. "His broad experience in student life administration will serve him well as the top advocate for Kansas State University students while he plays a key role in ensuring and enriching their development and success."

Lane will provide executive-level leadership, strategic planning, oversight and coordination of all units in the Division of Student Life, which include the Office of Student Life, Housing and Dining Services, Recreational Services, K-State Student Union, Career Center, Lafene Health Center, Counseling Services and many other key services and programs essential to student success. He also will provide leadership for the development and implementation of high-quality and student-centered approaches to support student success in nonacademic dimensions of student university experiences, and he will respond to student crises and issues and concerns, among many other duties.

"I am truly humbled and excited to be joining the K-State family," Lane said. "During my time on campus, it was clear to me the university is deeply committed to students' personal and academic success. I am greatly looking forward to working with students, faculty, staff, administration and alumni in ensuring a Wildcat student experience that is welcoming, inclusive and changes lives for the better."

Lane has been in his current position at Missouri State University since June 2015. He joined the university in 2005, serving as assistant dean of students and director of the student union. He was promoted to assistant to the vice president for student affairs in 2008 and became the assistant vice president for student affairs in 2011, serving until his appointment as associate vice president for student affairs. Before joining Missouri State, Lane served as associate director of the student union and activities at Minnesota State University Moorhead, where he initially was assistant director of operations. He also has been a coordinator of Visitor and Information Services at Illinois State University.

Lane earned a bachelor's degree in communications in 1991 and a master's degree in educational administration in 1995, both from Illinois State University. He earned a doctorate in educational leadership and analysis in 2010 from the University of Missouri, where he serves as an adjunct assistant professor in the educational leadership cooperative doctoral program.

"I want to thank the members of the search committee for their outstanding work," Myers said.

JeanneP

maryz

How exciting for your grandson, Jeanne!  Congratulations to him.

Sharon, sorry about your nails.  Do you get the gel polish?  I've never had them mess up.  Anyhow, I hope you have a great weekend, and don't get too exhausted.  Jesse and Darby certainly did have a different wedding, but, as you said, it suited them perfectly.

Hugs to Marilyn and jane & Ray.

Sleep well, Buddies!

alpiner1

I learned some thing today & will try & not to think about  it again .  I got myself so depressed I wanted to cry .  I was thinking back to 2018 when I was hospitalized with pneumonia .  All the sadness of being there alone , not feeling well came back to me .  My husband did visit me but I quite often fell asleep while he was there . Sitting in a chair was more comfortable & easier to breathe then being in bed in a sitting position .  But sitting in the chair was cold , I should have asked for a blanket but my thinking wasn't good either , I did find the sweatshirt I wore to the hospital & put it on  .  I tried sitting on the edge of the bed but caught myself a couple of times falling forward .  I thought I might die & made things right with God in case I did .   

Marilyn

Sherry  too get gel nails they are dry in minutes for each hand before you leave the salon.

Today is Keith's birthday he is 73 today.

maryz

alpiner, sorry your mind wasn't in a good place.  I hope that get's better.

Marilyn, share Happy Birthday wishes with Keith from all of us.

Another day in the 90s.  So sorry about all the awful weather news in the plains states.  I hope the travelers are safe on their journeys.

jane

Alpiner...it seems so easy to get caught up in the bad times.  I'm trying to focus on only positive things.

Sue...enjoy the graduation.  I hope Tim and Kris enjoy Alaska.  We did both inland..spectacular...and cruise thing.  We were there at this time of year, too.

Mary..whew.lots of storms here and flash flooding. One park is already under water.

Sharon....enjoy your trip.

Marilyn...happy birthday to Keith.

Jeanne...wow...congrats to your grandson!

Darlene and Joy...hope the storms missed you.

Ray's treatment went well.  I'll have to take him back down next week, too.  The holiday on Monday means they need all the nurses there for T-F to get everyone in so no treatments here in town.

Awaiting the Chicago crew. 

Jane

phyllis

JeanneP, congratulations to your grandson, Thomas Lane.  K State is my old alma mater.  I attended there in  1947/48 and 1948/49 before I transferred to a smaller college in my hometown.  He has a quite prestigious position and you must be very proud of him.
phyllis
Cary,NC

Cottoncandy

Good afternoon to all my buddies...Sue hope you enjoyed the graduation...always fun to see the excitement there..Sharon hope your trip was fun...Continued prayers for Jane and Marlyin...Hi to joy...Mary and Jeanne....I will be going to my daughters Tuesday ...she will take me Wednesday for the eye brow surgrey....I'm hoping to be able to drive home Thursday or Friday....I'm having a quite Memorial Day...took flowers for my husbands grave..and they will be putting flags on all the veterans graves on Monday...although I keep one there all time...will probably take flowers to other family.grave...if it's not raining...we are having lots wind...not much rain...have a good holiday weekend....and Hi to any looking in...

jane

Hi, Buddies!
It's a hot one here, and supposed to have storms tonight.  River is already high and swift moving.  Good to have these hours of no rain.  Several fields have the "green haze" already...you can see the green of the little corn plants pushing their way up.

Everyone has left, so it's just Ray and Jane holding down the fort.

He's feeling good, no pain.  I left him to go to the store and he did fine.

I'm in a clean out the cabinets mood.  I threw away stuff that should have been dumped before now.  It's so nice to see what's there, now. Maybe I'll tackle the back pantry again next week.  I already did one major overhaul.   ;D

Time to get some laundry going so I can take tomorrow off.  :thumbup:

Have a safe holiday weekend, Darlene, Mary, Alpiner, Sharon, Sue, Joy, Marilyn, Jeanne, and other Friends looking in.

Jane

Marilyn

Good Morning everyone. My grand daughter is now receiving comfort care only. Pain meds and anti anxiety meds, My son tells me that it is just a matter of time so he sits and waits for Jesus to come for her and prays with  her. Please pray for my son Ron as he waits on the Lord.

SCFSue

Good morning, Buddies.  I'm up early and have had breakfast and cleaned up some things from the fridge that I should have dumped some time ago.  I need to get into the shower, but Bill is in the main bathroom showering now and it's way too early to get ready for church.  I'll shower and dress in my bathroom after he's finished.  I think he may be leaving tomorrow as he has a conference to attend in Nashville.  He said he'll finish up there and drive home on Thursday morning.

Darlene, the graduation was nice, 300+ were graduating.  I went to the auditorium with Jon, Stacie, and her mother who came down from Arkansas.  Her step father who has some senility stayed at the hotel while we went to the University for the graduation.  After the festivities, Jon, Stacie, and Alex brought me home and then after a potty break headed out for New Orleans.  Nick, Alex's younger brother had stayed home with the elderly dog.  Nick will be a junior at LSU in the fall.

Jane, it's good to hear that Ray is feeling better.  I hope that continues and he'll continue to improve. Big cyber hugs coming your way!

Marilyn, I'm so sorry about your granddaughter's condition and know you must be worried and in prayer for her and your son Ron.  Prayers for your family as they wait for the end.

I need to get into the shower and dress for church--although I'll have to wait at least another 2 hours to leave here.  Bill gets up with the "chickens" every morning and I guess he thinks I will, too!

Have a nice day, Every Buddy.
Sue

maryz

Marilyn, thinking about you and your family.

JeanneP

Mary. I was trying to find your wedding on Facebook. Not found. Are you signed in as Maryz? Maybe not friended you but yet I seemed to hve found you a while back.,
Facebook has been giving me trouble latelyl and I have managed to remover it on my Ipad. Still have it on Desktop but watch what i do with it. Strange things hve been happening on mine .

Sharon. Will be on the lookout for your wedding photos

Still having such storms here. Lots of damage around the areas. Sun out at the moment so things can be cleaned up. We had big storm again last night. Farmer not even planted yet. Running 6 weeks late so far.
JeanneP

maryz

Jeanne, I'm on FB as Mary Zelle, and as I think we're friends.

jane

Sue...glad graduation went well and Bill arrived safely. 

I hope Sharon is having a good time at her wedding event.

Beautiful day here...and we enjoyed time on the porch watching the Orioles come and go from the grape jelly feeder.  They sure do love that stuff.  We had a good day...except for those darn nose bleeds from the oxygen cannula.  Ray bleeds so easy anyway and I hope the Nurse who comes tomorrow can offer some suggestions.

Marilyn...busy week for you getting you and K ready for your big trip to Hawaii.

Jeanne...here too...Tomorrow and following days it's more rain and storms.  Rivers will really be high then.

jane

SCFSue

Good morning, Buddies.  Bill, who is an early bird, was up long before me.  He put my American flag out on the post for me and fixed his breakfast.  I finally heard him puttering around, so I got up and had breakfast and read the paper.  Afterwards I cleaned up the kitchen, but I need to get into the shower and dress for the day.  He'll be leaving for Memphis and a meeting there tomorrow. 

Marilyn, I'm also thinking about you and your family.  Prayers for you, too.  Keep us posted.

Jeanne, I'm sorry about the heavy rains.  We could use some rain, but I hope not huge amounts.  Do you have plans for Memorial Day?  Bill and I are just staying home.  I watched the PBS Memorial Day show last night and enjoyed it.  Years ago when we were stationed in Patuxent River, Maryland, we drove up to DC for the festivities.  It wasn't nearly as crowded as it is today.

Jane, it's nice that Ray is up to sitting outside and watching the Orioles.  I hope the Nurse will bring some suggestions to help with the bleeding problem.  Thoughts and prayers for you from down here in hot and sunny Alabama.

A big Hello to Every Buddy looking in.  Have a great Memorial Day and try to stay cool!

Sue

Cottoncandy

Happy Memorial Day

Marilyn

Kimberly passed away  this morning.  Just a little while ago, Ron is trying to figure out how ans when to tell  the other girls. he sister as well as cousins.

maryz

Deepest condolences to you and all your family, Marilyn.  Such a hard time for all.

jane, I hope you and Ray are doing okay.  I know you're getting some of these awful storms.  They've gone on for SO long now (and we've had the record-setting heat that's the other side of it).  I hope your town isn't getting any flooding.  There'll certainly be a lot of problems from flooding as all the water heads downstream.

I'm sure Sue and Sharon are getting the same heat we are here.  Another couple of days predicted in the mid90s before it "cools off" into our seasonal mid80s, with some rain.

I hope all the Buddies are having a good holiday weekend.