Random Image

bangkok-roof2

Owner: Beverly
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:09:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Bosom Buddies

Started by Pat, March 29, 2016, 01:17:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeanneP

Today it is pouring down and cold. Fact I turned the heat on for a while.  Need to go to store but they say this storm is here for the whole weekend. So I will take a break and read a book.

What a 2 week i have had. First 2 days had a few aches and pains in knee and hands from emptying things while kneeling on the floor. But must have work the muscles out as now all seem O.K. Going to quit lifting heavy stiff. I just get to forgetting what age my last birthday was.

Don't like to do yard sales but for past 2 weeks I have been clearing lots out of my our. I am embarrassed to say but some stuff was  at least 50 years old, Never thought of myself a a herder but I really was. Got that my cupboards. every where I could put things were overloaded. I put such as all the toys, games and children books I put on the porch with a sign out saying Free please take. Had from all my GC. And some GGS. games going back to 1971. 50 of them. Someone took them in a hour. Next day I put all my kitchen items not used anymore. They vanished also. Put a big MW cabinet and cupboard out next day. Must have been taken overnight.. I then took a large leaf bag and put in at least a hundred books and took out to Salt and light charity shop. On a roll and so emptied all kitchen cabinets of pans, dishes glassed filling another leaf bag. Took to same place. So all in all I filled 4 large leaf bags with stuff. I have another bag with old invoices . bank stuff, Health reports going back again 40 years. These will have to be shredded. I am still not done. Have redone my walk in pantry and tosses out every thing that was over 3 months Wash all the jars and containers and labeled Now have to replace spices and things. Looks nice now. Only thing is I now need to do a lot of cleaning to what is showing. All carpets need cleaning.
It is pouring down today so think will just read a book. Promising never again to let things pile up so bad. :idiot2:     

I hope that some of you with unwell families and have some problems yourself will all see things getting better soon

JeanneP

jane

Jeanne....wow!  You're on a mission.  I did the same thing in our pantry.  Stuff just sits there that looked good in the store, but never used.  It makes room for things we do use!

Sharon....sounds like new eye doc on top of things.

Mary...nice visit and Margaret coming too.

Hope weather today isn't as stormy as last night.

Great nephews leave today....their parents arrive Wed to stay until Sat.

Have a Blessed Sunday.

Jane

Marilyn

Jeanne you sure have been busy, I  don't see myself getting rid of all the stuff Keith has hoarded over the 40 years he has lived in this house. I clean my stuff out about once a year and take it to a church that gives stuff away free. I moved here with all my stuff in a 12 ft moving  truck and have given away  some furniture that was packed in  that truck.

I am feeling much better and today we are skipping church to take the cats to the clinic where I used to work for their shots., They have this  shot clinic once a month. Now I have to catch a couple of cats that  tend to not want to be in a crate, the other 3 are easy.

SCFSue

Good early afternoon, Buddies.  I went to SS (but our teacher wasn't there, so Olyne and I went to a class which is next door to our class.  They were discussing a book written by a Presbyterian minister who is evidently well known but we'd never heard of him.  Some of the discussion was over our heads, but some was interesting).

Jane, I'm glad the nephews visited you and that they seemed to be very helpful.  Are they still in school?  It will be nice to see their parents this week, too.  I hope Ray is having a good day and is feeling much better.

Jeanne, you've been busy with all that donating and weeding out of things you've had a long time.  I'm afraid I'd never get that finished!  Good for you.  I think you must be glad you decided to down size. 

It's not too hot here this afternoon, so I'm going to put my sneakers on, find a large brimmed hat and head out for a nice walk.  I am reading a library book I checked out on Friday and have 4 more I haven't opened yet.  Olyne brought me a couple of her home-made cupcakes this morning and I had one after I finished my lunch.  It was yummy as is everything that Olyne cooks!

Marilyn, I'm glad you made it safely home and that you enjoyed your time in Hawaii.  Do you have any pictures to post in the photo gallery?

Have a nice day, Every Buddy.
Sue

jane

Sue...no, the grand nephews are all grown...Sam was 29 today and is an IT techie and Joe is 31, the veterinarian who's now going to be working for the Univ. of MN "outreach"/extension...doing workshops/seminars, etc. for farmers and livestock raisers.  They cleared out a lot of "trash trees" from our honeysuckle hedges and that was a huge help.

Marilyn...good to get the cats their shots today.

It's gotten quite cool here...low 60s and I love it. 

I think Ray will end the Home Health Care tomorrow.  He walked today further than he's walked since mid December.  With his oxygen tank and walker, he walked down our driveway to the sidewalk in front...across the front to Gary's driveway...down that driveway which is two lots deep and back up the driveway, back across the front of our house and back down our driveway.
 Yes, he stopped and sat a couple of times, but he said it felt so good to be out and walking.  The "boys" went with him and kept an eye on him.

Nothing else new here.

jane

SCFSue

Good morning, Every Buddy.  Hurray for Ray walking and for the "boys" for walking with him.  I'll bet he was very happy to get outside and get some exercise.  Being confined to the house is the pits (at least that was what Bob complained about when he wasn't able to go outside by himself!).  It's great to hear that Ray is making progress in his recovery.

I'm planning a neighborhood walk shortly after I dress.  Tim is coming about 2:30 to take me to the doctor's office for a Pace Maker check, so I will need to shower and dress after lunch. I wear my grubbies for the neighborhood walk. 

Marilyn, good luck with the cat catching!  Do you feed all those cats?  When I was young we always had cats at our home--mostly outdoors to keep the mice and other varmits away.  We always had at least one house cat who kept our home mouse free.  Have you and Keith finally rested up after your trip?

I'm off to get into my walking duds and get myself around the block.  I'll shower and get ready for my appointment with the Cancer doctor after lunch.  Tim is going to pick me up about 2:30. 

Have a nice day, Every Buddy.
Sue

SharonE

Hi Gals, I guess I didn't post yesterday, but was busy most of the day. I actually wasn't hurting as much. Unfortunately, that changed today and I've already had to take a pain pill.  My cleaning girl is here, so won't have anything I need to do afterwards, unless I decide to put in another load of laundry. I did my usual 2 yesterday.

Melanie seems to be doing well. She called John to wish him a Happy Father's Day and he said that was the best gift of all. She sounds good and is moving around the house well. We still have to wait on the pathology report, of course. Praying that is benign.

Our SS leader gave me a whole sack of fresh veggies from his garden, so I cut up cucumbers to make cucumber and onion salad for John. He likes it, but I don't.  Then I made strawberry shortcake for dessert and steak & salad for dinner.  I put blueberries on my shortcake as I don't care for strawberries, but John was a happy camper because he loves them.  All 3 kids called to talk to him of course.

Jane, I'm glad your nephews did the clearing out that you needed and that their parents will be in Wed. It sounds like Ray is doing so much better.  Prayers do get answered and he's in mine.

Marilyn, I'm sure it is a relief to get all the cats vaccinated, but I'm sure it was a scramble catching them all.

Jeanne, are you still resting up from your decluttering? I try to do that a couple times a year, but there are always drawers that need redding out. My next project.  Also, while John is gone to Des Moines and Hubbard, I'm going to have the rugs cleaned. And maybe the drapes as well.

Mary, hope you had your planned quiet weekend. What have you got planned for this week?

Hi to Alpiner, Joy, and whoever else I missed.  Sharon

JeanneP

Looks like heavy rains here again here today and so not much cleaning will be done. I have a appt with eye doctor this afternoon and need to find some place to build me steps for back door

Lots now todo on inside. Carpets cleaned. I have big heavy drapes on all my windows . Some 12 ft wide. They all need cleaning. I can take them down and to cleaners but can't hang backup. Nabour  who did that now has stage 4 lung cancer. Just found and my other one just lost his 39 year old son on Friday.

Just getting harder To get help now.
Have one more large thing to take to donate. Both these men would take in their trucks but will not ask them now.

Jane. You seem to be having more visitors at your house this year. Wish the weather would get better for us.

Better shower and get moving out.
JeanneP

maryz

Hi Buddies!

I enjoyed my quiet weekend - looks like I didn't get in here to post, either.  Not much going on this week (so far).  I have duplicate tonight, and a mani/pedi on Wednesday, but that's all.  I'm not going to play duplicate on Friday.  Bridge centers all over the country support the Alzheimer's Support Group, and "the longest day" is the main day for that.  Our center is having morning/afternoon/evening sessions, and there will be gobs of people in an out of the building and parking lot.  I had to disappoint my partner, but I just don't want to get involved in that.  I'll contribute monetarily later.

It sounds like most of us are plugging along on these hot summer days.  Jeanne, sounds like you're getting some cooler, if rainy, weather now.  Hope you can find someone to help you with your draperies.

Happy Monday, Buddies!
"When someone you love dies, you never quite get over it.  You just learn how to go on without them. But always keep them safely tucked in your heart."

Marilyn

Sue yes I feed all those cats they are our cats and are in door/outdoor cats. They all got vaccinated yesterday.Fritzy needs a dental so will be taking him t our regular vet for that. I also need to pick up freckles Flea meds as she is due the 22nd.

jane

We ended Home Health today.  Nurse agreed Ray had improved a lot over the last 5 weeks.  If things change, we can get them again. 

He and I walked again outside, but he thinks every other day would be better.  I think so, too.

Tomorrow is port draw for onc before appt and chemo on Wed. 

Rains to come again...forecast has lots of days in a row of wet stuff and storms. 

Jane

SharonE

Sounds like good news from everyone. Hope Ray doesn't have any trouble with his port and infusion.

Jeanne, do you know anyone with a tall teen or college student who might want to earn some $$ hanging your drapes?  Just an idea.

If any of you haven't seen the movie, "Hidden Figures" about the 3 black women who were instrumental in getting Glenn into orbit and the whole moon project. This is a must see. John found it on FoxMovies and taped it, so I watched it last night.

I had a bad night last night and didn't get to sleep till after 3, so slept in this AM and still not feeling too energetic. I have no real plans for today, thankfully.  Eye recheck tomorrow and the landscaper is to come to replace a dying bush out front with a winter-blooming Sasanqua camellia.

Today is Lori's 53rd birthday. Hard to believe. She has always seemed much younger than her age. If you are on FB, I changed my profile to her picture from the wedding.  She's in a happy place now for about the first time in her life. I hope it continues.

Sharon

jane

Yes, Jeanne, lots of company this spring.  They're coming to help me with things and/or to see Ray. 

He's doing more things for himself, and that's a huge help.  He even came out in the kitchen, and helped get the potatoes ready for baking, the green onion sliced he wanted for his, etc. 

Hi to Sue, Sharon, Mary,  Alpiner, Darlene, Marilyn, Joy

Already evening time!  Ray got his port draw, but the nurse had a hard time getting one of the vials disconnected, but finally got it.  They leave the "tube" into his port for his chemo tomorrow. 

Nothing else exciting here...thank Heavens!

jane

Good wet Wednesday morning!
We've been up since 6:00 am and that's WAY TOO early for us.  But we had an onc appt at 7:40 and it takes both of us time to get moving in the morning.  So, we've seen the doc and chemo is a go for 11:00. 

Nephew and wife arrive this afternoon for a few days.  I'm hoping next week will be guest free.  I'm looking for some time for Ray and me to just go down to CR to Sam's Club, etc. 

Have a good Wednesday in your neck of the woods.

jane

Marilyn

Good morning. I have been to the gym had breakfast, done the  reading on the computer and now it is time to take Freckles for a walk. I go to my Alzheimer's caregivers group  at 10.

Sandy

Marilyn,
do you ever here from the gal we
used to know named on here Maril? 

Sandy
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

SharonE

I don't remember anyone named Meril. Sorry.

Marilyn, sounds like you're busy as  usual. Hope the Alzheimer's group is helpful.

Jane, I'm so glad Ray is able to be up and help, etc. I know you will enjoy the company but like all company, a few days is enough. I hope next week is quiet.

Our Shutterfly books came today. I wasn't totally happy with them, but more because of me than them.  Now I need to write captions on all of them for Millie.  Hope I can get enough tremor meds in me to do it legibly.

I've made out my grocery list for tomorrow online & printed it.  It makes it so much easier to hit the specials.

I got up early this AM to be dressed before the landscaper came, and wouldn't you know, he hasn't shown up yet. I hope he comes this afternoon.

Hope Ray's infusion goes well.

I need to eat and take my tremor meds and see if I can write decently.
Hi to all. Have a good day.  Sharon

maryz

jane, that's great that Ray is feeling well enough to help out...a good sign.  Hope your visit this morning went well.

Sharon, I don't remember your taking tremor meds - is that new?  Or just my rememberer not working too well.  Glad your photo book worked out to suit you.  I hope you made one for yourself, too.

Marilyn, you're definitely up-and-at-'em this morning. 

I was up about 6 - not by choice, just when my body wakes up.  I certainly would like it to sleep longer, but...    We did get about 0.5" rain between about 5 and 6 this morning, but the sun has been out since then. I got my mani/pedi this morning.  This is my last time before the beach, and I always let her "go crazy" then.  This year, she did me for 4 July - mostly red, but with one on each hand white with red stripes and one blue with silver stars.  Nothing else exciting today.

I wonder where Sue is - she hasn't been here in a couple of days.

Happy Wednesday, Buddies!
"When someone you love dies, you never quite get over it.  You just learn how to go on without them. But always keep them safely tucked in your heart."

Marilyn

Sandy Maril is on Facebook un der Marilyn Levine Weiner

SharonE

Mary, I've had tremors for years and they just get worse. They are essential tremors and I have been on meds for a couple years. Dad and my niece had/has them and Melanie seems to be getting them too.

Your nails sound like fun!!

SharonE

Somehow I posted before I was finished.  When do you leave for the beach, Mary.  I've been wondering about Sue also. Maybe her computer again.

You all are such early birds. I'm not unless I have to be.  Have a nice evening.  Sharon

Sandy

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

maryz

Sharon, I'm basically a morning person, but I don't choose to be up at 6 a.m.  That's just when I wake up and can't go back to sleep.  Although the other day, after breakfast, I came back to my chair to read the paper, and promptly went back to sleep - until almost 9!!!

Our week at the beach is 6-13 July, so just over two weeks!  :angel4:

jane

Afternoon, Buddies!
Nephew and wife arrived yesterday about an hour after we were home from his chemo.  Ray and I were both very tired last night, so slept in a bit.  I've been out paying bills and getting in groceries. Nephew took Ray out for another long (for him) walk and he better today...less need to stop and rest, so each day is better.

Beautiful day here today...rains to come for the weekend, of course. ;D

jane

SharonE

Hi Gals, just a quick note. I have an eye appt in a half hour. I've already been to the grocery and had lunch.  The landscaper never came, still hasn't.

Mary, John will be gone July 1-9, so I won't have much to say. Hope you can stay in touch.

Jane, wonderful that Ray is getting better day by day. Enjoy your company.

Supposed to rain later. Hope to finish the notes on the Shutterfly books when I get home.

Hi to Jeanne, Marilyn, Joy, Alpiner etc.  Sharon

Cottoncandy

Good afternoon buddies...we have 100 plus today and tomorrow...so I'm staying inside...hate to get my electric bill for this month....trying to keep water in bird baths and the hummers are drinking fast....hope everyone is well and happy...take care CC

SharonE

Unfortunately, my news is bad. I went to the cardiologist for follow-up, no problem, then to lunch and then to SteinMart. Wanted to do some other shopping but was hurting too much. Didn't get home till 3:00 when I checked my phone and discovered a message from Melanie.  The pathology report came back. It is the same cancer. No treatment plaan decided yet, but she will probably go for a 2nd opinion. Her cancer, is leomyosarcoma, a very aggressive cancer, so we're really upset. Since it had been 6 yrs, we were beginning to relax.

Hi to everyone. Sharon

maryz

So sorry, Sharon!  Our hearts are with you and all your family.  I know you'll keep us posted on what happens next.

Terrible temperatures, Darlene - glad we're "only" around 90...and humid.

I was awake for a couple of hours in the middle of the night, then up about 6.  At least I napped for more than an hour this morning.  I've still been pretty much "off" all day today.  Hopefully better tonight.

Stay cool, and have a good weekend, Buddies!

maryz

Interesting here this weekend.  My apartment has a scheduled weekly cleaner again for the first time in 6 months.   :nanadance:

And the only elevator I can use is out of order.  I'm on the first floor and, because of the way the building is situated on the site, all the main services, including the dining room, are on the third floor.  Oops!  They brought me my dinner last night, and then called this morning to see what I wanted for lunch.  Still out of order...and will be so until Monday.  At least somebody will be bringing me my meals during that time.  Fun and games!

jane

At least they are getting you your food, Mary.  I'm surprised they don't have somebody on call 24/7 for that one elevator.  When ours went out at the Candlewood Suites in Harlingen, they had somebody there at 2:00 am to fix it.  [Boys had been jumping and goofing off in it and screwed it up.]

Company left about 11:30 and it's good for it to be just the two of us again for a bit.  I even managed to get a pedicure booked and a haircut for this week. It's been at least a year since I had a pedicure and I decided it was time for some "Jane time."  Ray's able to do so much more now, that I feel I have some time for me.

It's to rain and storm tonight, so I got down to the Farmers' Market and bought some banana bread...and a piece of pottery. I'm a sucker for handmade pottery sold by the potter.  This is the second piece of his I've bought this year.  Just a nice bowl that caught me eye. 

Lots of laundry and sheets and towels, of course, so that will be the work for today and tomorrow.

Have a good, peaceful weekend.

jane

[/b][/color]