Random Image

Coffee Tag

Owner: phyllis
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:42:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Bosom Buddies

Started by Pat, March 29, 2016, 01:17:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SCFSue

Good morning, Buddies.  I just had a phone call from Olyne (my friend who picks me up for SS and church).  She has an eye infection and is not going today.  I have a women's basketball game at 2:00, so am going to stay home, too. I'll watch the Montgomery Presbyterian church service about noon if I can remember what the time is!  My basketball friend will pick me up about 1:15 or perhaps 1:30.  I'll probably read until time for Norma's pick-up.

Jane, I'm glad to hear that Ray was up for a walk on the beach.  I know he must be frustrated about those kinds of things.  And I hope the weather was/is good for walks whenever he and you feel like walking!

Marilyn, I'm glad to hear that Keith is progressing nicely.  It's great that things are going well.  Did he enjoy the evening out?  Keep us posted.

I think Sharon must be getting ready for church and will post later.  Have a nice day, Every Buddy.  I think it might be going to rain here--which will not be fun if it's a gully washer, but hopefully will just be a normal rainfall.

Have a nice day, Every Buddy.
Sue

Cottoncandy

Good morning everyone....today is my BD...so will enjoy the visits and phone calls....have a wonderful Sunday...Darlene

jane

Jeanne...the coding has nothing to do with W10.  It's the website and the default is set to about 2.  So, we have to code our  own posts each time if we want a larger font size to show. Nothing to do with W10 as it's the same on my IPAD and that's an Apple, not Microsoft, product.

Another foggy day here on the island, but much cooler.  I need to make a WalMart run for my prednisone that they didn't have Sat. morning. 

jane

maryz

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DARLENE!!!    :hb2:  :hb2:
"When someone you love dies, you never quite get over it.  You just learn how to go on without them. But always keep them safely tucked in your heart."

SharonE

Ditto--Happy Birthday, Darlene!!! Hope it is a wonderful one.

Yes, Sue, we went to church & SS and have had lunch and put in a load of towels, my usual routine.  We had the Winthrop University Trombone Choir play 3 songs today. It was so rousing and good.  Since Braeden, Brian's older son, plays the trombone, I'm particularly  fond of it. Enjoy your game.

Mary, from your lips to God's ears!! I hope the shot lasts 3 months.  At least until I get back from my trip.  I'm also concerned about the wedding, but will probably get another one before it if necessary.  For now, it is pretty good. I'm just slow! I guess facing 80 does that to some of us.

Jane, there is a generic Evista called Roloxafine, I think. I used to take it and it wasn't expensive. The Evista was off the charts! Hope you get your prednisone today. I know you need that.  Glad Ray is able to walk the beach. Doing things like that really improve the spirits and quality of life.

A little rain this AM and a lot for this evening and some each day next week.  Tues is supposed to be an all day event.  Groan.

John leaves Thursday for NZ, so I'll have to drive him to the airport. It's afternoon though, so not too bad.  Nothing else scheduled except to get him packed up and ready to go.  I think I would rather have him let me plan it all and pack it all and make sure he has everything than put up with his OCD approach to preparations. I still have to do half of it.  I guess he feels that since I'm not going, he has to do it.  Normally, for our trips, I take care of everything. Oh well, I suspect this will be our last overseas trip unless I can get strong enough to go to Spain with him for my birthday--my last European trip that is important to me. If I felt better, I would also like to go to Costa Rica, but there's way too much walking there.  John's bridge partner just got back from Antarctica!! Not anywhere I'd want to go, but she said she had a great time with her sister.  She's been almost all over the world.  If you have the money and time, it's nice.  We traveled an awful lot from 35 to 65, but not a lot since.

Well have a blessed Sunday everyone.  Sharon

JeanneP

Well, had along one written out but it has vanished. Will be brief on this one
I was taking Benicar for my blood pressure for 4 years. Got it from the doctor on a program he had. Now the drug does cost $247 a month if no insurance. This is the only one I take the BP so never got the drug Insurance. Well the program ran out.  As many are this year.
Dr. suggested I just take the Benicar that came out asa Generic . I did and it did great and only $16. But now it can't be bought anyplace.Drug store say the doubt it will be back for a long time if ever.
So now he sent a prescription for Losartan.Try for a week.  Have been on it for 5 days. Other than getting up 2 at night no problem .Another one like it is Velsaltan.  Now some Losartan I saw was on a recall for Contamination last year but Pharm. say not the one they have.

Do any on you take any of these.  I just don't trust any of the Generics anymore. No wonder the papers show so many younger people dying. most under 65 . Most drugs are manufactured in China and I guess that there are one of the things that have been put on the Import list of goods coming in that the president put out last year.  Soon the Insurance companies will want to not pay and these drug cards that a lot of us use will be banned. Prices of drugs will go crazy prices. So many people did drop the Insurances as some Generics got so low. 70% savings .Lots of coupons came out .Makiing the Drug companies mad I suppose. That and People getting from Canada. More changes in the US A for people to worry about.
JeanneP

SharonE

The US drug situation is a mess. I've been trying to get the new Shingles vaccine for months. Not available anywhere.

I went to Wild Birds Unlimited to pick up bird seed. Spent too much.

I also went to Southern Gifts, a boutique near here to get some earrings. Found 2 pair and also a #1 pair of readers which I couldn't find elsewhere. The earrings are Brighton brand and more  expensive than I usually buy, but pretty.

When I got home, I filled up the bird feeders except for one that was too heavy. John will do it in a bit.  My birdies have all been really hungry lately.  I also saw a big hawk, probably a red-tail fly over while I was out.

I don't like the new traffic with the new mall, but I sure like having things close by.  The Home Goods will open soon too.

Nothing else going on.  Sharon

Cottoncandy

Jeanne..sorry you are having trouble with your Meds....I went thru that a few months ago...Dr put me on Amlodipine for BP...had some side effects so he changed it to Losartan 100mg....so far it's working fine....I don't like taking any of it ....but...guess it's needed....I think ......Sharon...I've been looking for a good pair of readers....and Jane...I found the cauliflower pizza crust...at Walmart....my son just brought me some deer sausage...so think I'm going to cook some of it....have a great eve...Darlene

maryz

Jeanne, I take Irbesartan for my HBP.  I think it's a generic for something, but from the name, it must be in the same family as what you're taking.  I have a number of Rx meds, so I have drug coverage.  My copay is not too much for this particular med.  I have no side effects from it, although it does contain a diuretic.  Yours probably does, too.  That's pretty common.
"When someone you love dies, you never quite get over it.  You just learn how to go on without them. But always keep them safely tucked in your heart."

Marilyn

I take both amlodipine and Metoprolol for BP. With my insurance they are both under $3. the Amlodipine is 1.23 and th Metoprolol is $2.36.

jane

I take Losartan, too.

Sharon...it's the generic...raloxifene I get and cost me $360 or so for 3 months...and over $500 if no insurance.  My cost was high because I have a $400 deductible on my BC/BS Rx insurance.  Congress talks about prescription drug costs near election time and then nothing happens.  Too many $$ to Congress from Pharmaceutical companies, I think.

Jane

SCFSue

Help!  I keep trying to get in here to post, but am kicked back to the first message which Pat wrote when Bosom Buddies was added to the new Seniors and Friends website.  Some days I can get in here, and most other days I keep getting kicked by to Pat's first message about this new site.

If you have any information that will help me get to BB's, please send me an e-mail or some other message to help out.  I'm OK, but missing you Buddies.

Sue

SharonE

Sorry, Sue, that you're having so much trouble getting in. Can you contact Bubbles. I'm sure she could help you.

I don't take HBP meds, so can't add to that discussion.

Jane, why don't you have MC D?  That's what I got mine through and I paid less than $10. I don't have a deductible either. Mine is Silver Scripts, but I've also used Cigna.  I hope that it will be cheaper after the deductible.  I agree that something needs to be done about drug costs.  That's why John started using Planet Drugs from Canada for his glaucoma drops. However, since his cataract surgery and the stent implant, his pressure is fine without the drops!  Hurrah!

John's off to bridge, and I don't have anything scheduled today. With my new #1 readers, I may be able to read today.  The doctor said that the readers I was using were too strong.  Darlene, readers are available at most of the drug stores and groceries except for #1 which I found in a little boutique near here.

There's sleet and icy rain north of CLT, but not here. I hope it avoids us.

Have a good day.  Sharon

jane

Sharon, I do have Medicare D...the drug insurance is with BlueCross/Blue Shield.  Every state has different rates and different plans, apparently.  When I first took it when D became available, it was because it covered all my meds.  Through the years, they've decreased the amounts they cover and a couple years ago put in a deductible.  I once did a yearly comparison with Ray's AARP plan and mine and the difference with the copays, premiums,and deductibles figured in was a grand total of $5.00!

I hesitate to change while we're spending months in TX right when the switch would happen. 

Sue...I sometimes, too get back to the start here, but I just click on the last page and go from there.  I think it's 217 now.  I will email you a link, too.

Darlene...BELATED birthday greetings!

I'm sitting with Ray in the chemo room.  They were packed today...all 16 cubicles in use, so we got a late start.  It's a cool, rainy day, so no rush to be outside.

Jane

JeanneP

I am on my way to Dr. soon today and so will check what the Lasarten I have been taking for a week is doing. I know It makes me sleepy
JeanneP

SharonE

Jane, you're right that there isn't much difference in MC D rates except for the deductible and that is often big.  I forget about the states being different since we've been in SC since we went to SC. I have BCBS for my supplement and so didn't realize you were referring to an RX plan.  No, I wouldn't change while you're in TX and it isn't the time slot allowable anyway.

Good luck, Jeanne, with your BP med.  Sharon

maryz

Happy Rainy Tuesday, Buddies!  Today is the first of our "monsoon" days (about 4-5 days of almost constant rain predicted).  And it is thundering!!!  Thunder doesn't happen in February!
 Oh, well.  After the 2.5" of rain in my gauge over the weekend, it's up to another half-inch already today.  Glad this building is way up off the valley floor.

jane, I hope you and Ray are keeping warm.  I remember the chemo room as being kept very cold.

Sharon, we had some interesting hands last night, but no MP.  There is a regional tournament here next week, so there won't be any of the regular games going on.  I don't go to tournaments, so no play for me then.  Good luck to John.

Sue, I hope you can get back in.  It tends to be a little different each time for me, too.

Good luck with your meds, Jeanne and Darlene.

Hugs to all the Buddies!

Marilyn

Good morning every Buddy. Not much going on here. I am just about ready to go to the gym, it light enough to  drive curves on the side of the hill, I don't like to do that in the dark. Nor do I care to drive down to the highway that takes me  out of the way to where I am going. I will be back later to see what all y'all have been up to.

maryz

Hi Marilyn - I'm like you, but I've totally stopped driving in the dark.  Hope you have a good workout.

We had July-type thunderstorm last night, with lots of thunder and lightning AND an additional 2" of rain.  I'll bet Jeanne is getting all this, too, but in snow. 

SCFSue

Good morning, Buddies.  I'm still sitting here in P.J.'s but I have cleaned up my kitchen and am planning to shower, shampoo, and dress.  I was expecting my friend, Carolyn, to pick me up for our Garden Club meeting, but just received a call from another friend who attends the same church.  Sarah told me that Carolyn's sister died last night, so I don't know whether she plans to attend the Garden Club meeting.  I will call Carolyn as soon as I finish here.

It's dreary outside and may rain again today.  I have so many leaves down in my back yard and should be outside raking them up and taking them to my leaf pile out back or down to the curb for next week's trash pickup.  However I can't spend too much time out there as I need to shower and get ready to go to Garden Club after lunch--and tomorrow is my Thursday bridge club which will meet for lunch at Chik'n Salad Chick and then play bridge there afterwards.  So it's turned into a very busy week.

Have a nice day, Every Buddy.  If the weather is bad, I hope you can stay inside and be warm and dry!

Sue

SharonE

Mary, we had some light rain, but not thunderstorms last night or today. We really must be in a pocket that is shielded from most of the rain.  Sorry you didn't get any points. John didn't either, but he is off on the hunt today for the last time till he leaves tomorrow.  He is so uptight, it's driving me crazy. I'll be glad when he leaves. I'll miss him while he's gone, but not the crabbiness before leaving.

Sue, sounds like a busy week for you. Hope the bridge is good.

We have 2 cherry trees in back and one is beautiful. The other doesn't seem to have a bloom.  The landscapers pruned them last year and I don't know if they pruned too much on the left one or what.

I got out some more church articles yesterday and I have a load of laundry in for John today.  Not much else going on.

Marilyn, things seem to be looking up for you. Hope it continues, although I know K will start to get worse again. My neighbor is about to put her husband in a memory care unit if the VA will pay for it. He can't be left alone anymore and the dogsitting they used to do is not possible now.

Have a good day everyone even if it is dreary!  Sharon

alpiner1

We have had rain & cold weather here in southern California for almost a week . If it doesn't warm up soon we will need to buy firewood for the fireplace stove . The weather is depressing ! We had thought about going to a National Model T Ford Club tour in Arizona & we are glad we chose not to go .  The weather there is cold with snow !                 

SCFSue

An early good morning, Every Buddy.  I'm still in P.J.'s but have read the paper and had breakfast.  I am going to shower and dress for our bridge/lunch at Chik'n Salad Chick at 11:00.  Terri will pick me up and we'll go together.  Sarah is picking up Olyne and we'll meet them there. 

Garden Club was a pain in the rear yesterday.  The person who has been the President for years took over the meeting and unfortunately most of the meeting was about her.  I wish there were another garden club here that I could transfer to.  Carolyn picked me up--she was the hostess so I helped her arrange the snacks and also clean up afterward.  She was down in the dumps.  Her oldest sister died early this week and she's trying to arrange time to go back to Indiana to the funeral.  I'll stick it out with this garden club, but it is not nearly as interesting as my garden club down in Union Springs. 

Not much else going on today.  Tomorrow is grocery shopping and library with Tim, then out to lunch with him and Kris. 

Have a nice day, Every Buddy.
Sue

SharonE

I was up early (for me) dressed, ate breakfast, and packed John's suitcase.  Spent 45 mins trying to check the status of his flight & then though to ask Alexa. She told us immediately that it was on time.  We got there way early. I dropped him off and headed toward home. Stopped at Walmart to pick up groceries for the Community Pantry, then went to HT to get my own groceries and dropped off a library book of John's. After bringing i the groceries and putting them away, I was ready to drop.  I left the WM groceries in the trunk to drop off at church Sunday.

I haven't been doing anything constructive since. About half asleep.  John should call from Houston soon.  I was really weak & tired today. Hope everyone else is better.  Sharon

jane

Cold and rainy here, too.  We packed up one box and took Ray's golf bag to a local place that does shipping and has boxes of all shapes and sizes.  They give you price for sending your box by FedEx, UPS, US Mail, etc.  in both cases, FedEx was considerably cheaper.  I'm glad that's finished and it'll give us more room in the back of the car.  But, somehow I also lost or misplaced our door key.  I went back to the two places we went and nothing. I also,checked at the office.  I think it's somewhere here or in the car, and I hope it turns up.

Tomorrow is supposed to be warmer...we'll see.  More blizzard conditions at home.  Staying here for March is looking better and better.

Jane

Marilyn

Good Morning Buddies. today we are going to the funereal of a good friend from church. It was so tragic the way his wife found him on the kitchen floor in the wee hours of the morning, he had been dead for hours.

This morning after the gym I plan to make a new batch of my Fire Cider. I already peeled the horseradish and the ginger. It is very FIREY to say the least. Good for colds, flu and prevention. I found that it also works for the horrible leg cramps I was having.

Keith continues to do well however he does  have some belligerent moments. He was never that way before the dementia diagnosis.

jane

Good warm and foggy morning. 

Today I want to pack up some of the kitchen items we bring but won't need in Harlingen and then back to the doctor this afternoon when he does walk-in visits.  Ray's blood sugar remains a little high, so he wants to ask about the insulin pen for bringing it down quickly.

Iowa is getting another snow storm this weekend.   :P

jane

SCFSue

Good morning, Marilyn and Jane.  I'm waiting for Tim to arrive for our Friday trip to the library and then to Kroger before coming home to put away my groceries and then out to lunch.  I don't know yet if Kris will be able to meet us.

It's fairly warm (sweater weather) this morning and although no brilliant sunshine, it looks as if we'll have a nice day.  However, the weather man last night predicted more rain which might affect us here in Auburn. 

I've had breakfast and cleaned up the kitchen before getting dressed, so I'm all set to go.  I didn't finish all my library books from last week, so will only check out another 2 to help last through the week.  I had a garden club meeting on Wednesday which was entirely way too long.  The long time President had a very long agenda and talked far too much.  Then yesterday my Thursday bridge club met at Chik'n Salad Chik for lunch and bridge afterwards.  I had very poor cards and won low--and Peggy (our hostess) gave me 25 pennies for my prize.  I'm hoping Tim is in need of some pennies!

I've been sneezing a lot the past couple of days.  I have so many leaves down and every time I go out to rake them up and put them down on the curb, more oak trees lose their leaves!  It's an overwhelming task.

Not much else to report today.  Have a nice day, Every Buddy.  Jane, I'm hoping Ray is feeling better and Marilyn, that Keith is doing well.

Sue

Cottoncandy

Good morning....I'm late in saying so...But thank y'all for th BD wishes....Darlene

maryz

Marilyn, sorry about the loss of your friend.

jane, good idea to ship some of your stuff back to Iowa.  You know you won't be needing it there.
 And this weather certainly is worth missing.

Sharon, glad that John finally got away.  I hope he has a great time.  Will he get any time to play some bridge on the trip?

Sue, sorry for the bad cards.  I hope it was good company and a good lunch.

Darlene, hope you had a good BD.

Just more rain here (up to 7" since last Friday night) - and due to get more today and tomorrow.
 No duplicate today.  I didn't want to get out in the rain, but more importantly, my partner is in the hospital.  Haven't heard anything, but hope she is back soon.  I've finished a crochet afghan for my granddaughter and fiance, and have started another for my grandson and his fiancee.  They don't take a long time (not a complicated pattern) - they're just big and awkward to handle toward the end.  I'll get back to smaller things soon.

Stay warm and dry, Buddies!