Random Image

Squirrel1.jpg

Owner: RAMMEL
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:29:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for July 1, 2019

Started by so_P_bubble, July 01, 2019, 12:29:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JaneS

AMY, thanks for suggesting the "second hand" store.  And SHIRELY, thanks for making it clear in my mind.  We do have a GoodWill store right up there and I'm going to check this afternoon for a lid.  I'll let you know what I find.

The laundry detergent is made and doing it's 24 hour wait.  The brandied cherries are finished.  There are 12 half pint jars of them to either feed my craving this winter or to give for Christmas gifts.

And I finished that stuff in time to accompany my daughter to the Amish Store.  My groceries are replenished for the week....maybe longer.

I was cruising the frozen foods when a gentleman stopped me and asked, "If I buy that, will you stuff it and cook it for me?"  He indicated a 40 pound turkey in the case.  I told him I didn't think it would even fit in my oven and it would take two men and a boy to carry it.  He laughed and said he just wanted to make someone laugh and it turned out to be him doing the laughing!

All the groceries are put away and I ate my Hoagie.  Now the doggies are on the prowl again so I'll take them out and then head for Goodwill's.  I'll let you know if they have lids!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Amy

I came in to see if Larry had been in today.....hope he is ok.

We didn't make it to the sale, just too hot outside and I don't think Kyle is feeling up to par. A cold has decided to visit him and he has trouble with them setting in on his chest, good thing he has a Dr. appointment on Mon.

I am heading back downstairs to sew. I will get all the blocks done and the quilt sewn together soon, I hope.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

larryhanna

I am just going to make my spot for now.  As usual what I had planned just hasn't happened today but all is fine and it is time to lay down and rest for while.

Amy

:thumbup: Ok Larry, thank you for marking your  spot!
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Denver

A good Saturday HELLO to EVERYFRIEND.

Beautiful morning and we are taking it easy and enjoying it. 

Thank you for the nice comments about Michele......thank goodness the insurance company DID OK the scan, finally but it sure would have been better if they would have gone with the doctors plan...I just do not understand WHY they disallow so many needed tests for cancer patients. 

We continue to have pretty severe storms here in the afternoon.....I guess we did have quite a hail storm here while we were away, and now I know why my plants looked so beat up!  I thought it was just a very hard downpour that did the damage.  One neighbor had a skylight broken.

CAROL, did you have hail on the 4th?  I could not see it on our cameras, so did not think we did, but neighbors say differently.  Enjoy the lunch at your sons home.....I hope it was not planned to be outside? 

JANE, I thought a thrift store also regarding finding a lid for your special pot.

PHYLLIS, we watched the tour this morning and it was wonderful seeing all the castles, churches and the country side....just spectacular, isn't it?  Thank goodness we tape it so we ca; speed through the many commercials.  Our son in Vail had to watch it live and there are so many commercials.  I think Bob found a way for him to log in and watch our taped version. 

SHIRLEY, I thought about you a lot while we were in Vail looking at all the beautiful mountains and waterfalls, etc.  Gore Creek runs right behind Dave and also at Kurt's places and it is really flowing!  So nice to have the slider doors open at night and listen to the flowing water, snuggled under a feather quilt to keep warm! 🤪

GLORIA, those stair dang near did me in, but I did them at least once a day, up and down, and thankfully I survived.....oh my but did I ever hurt!  I just took my time and trudged through.  I did not check my oxygen levels when I got to the top as I was afraid 😱 to.  At times up there my CO2 was in the low 70's......scary.  That is mighty thin air up there. 

Jane, I have a single serve pot that you use grounds in, and I am not using it right now as I use a Kuerig,  wish I could send it to you.  It is rather old, so might not even work any longer....I will go look and see what brand it is and let you know. 

WOW, that is quite the pool you celebrated your Bday at, MICHAEL.  I bet everyone had a great time.

The rain is starting and I just hope it will not include HAIL.  Darn, I was going to try to get to the store before this started! 

I wish you all the best for the rest of your day.

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Mary Ann

Jenny, that is such a nice picture of you and Jonah.  I know it's been months since the picture was taken.

Mary Ann

Shirley

Jane, I forgot to mention my choice of coffee pots. Daughter did give me a single serve at one time but since I'm not so much for the "designer" coffee, I prefer whatever Kohl's has on sale that I can get even cheaper with my discounts, etc. We have hard water & I have at least 7 or 8 of the Black & Decker & other brands Kohl's carries in the 10-12 cup pots, in the basement needing to be "de-limed". I don't bother anymore because it takes a whole bottle of Lime-a-way to clean, or vinegar .. & usually they cost less than $20. I did buy Cas a Kuerig but when he died I cleaned it out completely & it sits, along with a whole tray of pods... if anyone wants to use it they have to clean. They (or it) gets mold in some parts if not used all the time. I make myself a 10 cup pot & just pour in a cup & "nuke" to heat. Will drink it until gone & make more. One son likes his French press & daughter likes Starbucks... other son is now drinking the super strong kinds but since I drink or nip at it all day, I don't want bitter. I keep the Folger's bags, Maxwell House instant & a "drip through" coffee pot in the RV. If I take a big thermos air pot along when I go alone, I will heat a cup of that rather than make coffee. Guess I am basically lazy. So that's what I do.

Jenn, as many times as we visited Vail, stayed in Avon & Beaver Creek? something...  my fav thing was to ride the bus around town & look at the gorgeous flowers in hanging baskets & planters in front of the stores. They do make it candy for the eyes & photo opts with every step. As we pulled on to the Vail exit one time some deer were munching grass on the right of the highway, picture waiting to be painted! Guess it's been probably 10 years since we visited.

I also love the town of Aspen but been a long time since going there, too. There is a museum with same last name as Cas & after visiting their records we concluded the man that donated that house was from the same county in VA where Cas was born. I was a little hesitant about asking what the person was noted for (house of ill-repute?) but he was a teacher. Someone that knew his widow begged us to visit her since she was very interested in genealogy, but we didn't have time. Cas did all the research & we searched cemeteries & even the Scott County Records at the Court House... My brother did all the research on our families, but it is interesting. When will Michele get the results of the scan?  Extra prayers as I kneel thinking of all of you in the morning.

It is clouded over & looks serious. AccuWeather says rain to start in 38 min. Guess Tom & Tiger won't be going out for a while. They took a nap with me today, kind of what we missed out camping this year. One on each side totally conked out. Tom sleeps on his back but wants to be able to touch my leg & Tiger wants up by my face with head on my arm, like 2 kids. I am surprised they haven't come in for a meal. I picked up a Chic-fa-la (sp?) sandwich when I went to Walmart to get the remote batteries. Got them but have not installed yet. Still have to take my "Saturday night bath & wash hair".... Hal used to tease me about that. We've had so many nice people to visit with over the years, wonderful memories.

Oh, my! I looked out the window & trees are blowing back & forth like they will take off! All of a sudden it is dark & such interesting sky & clouds. Must grab a camera & check what is going on~~

Hi, Mary Ann... you snuck in.  :)

Mary Ann

Hi Shirley, I don't really "sneak" anyway, I just walk in.  And here I am!

I do enjoy the descriptions of your camping trips, also other trips.  When I was your age, I would never have thought of driving an RV anyway, let alone in the mountains.  And I loved to drive in the mountains when my dad and I drove out west.  I drove to Indianapolis alone until I was 84 then I decided women my age should not be driving alone.  I got to Indy OK, I flew until after Jim died and after that the two Toms would meet in mid-Indiana where I would change cars and we'd do the same to get me back home.  I went to Indy last year and I'm cogitating about this year.  I'm a year older.

Mary Ann

JaneS

Well, I went to Goodwill and they not only didn't have my lid, they didn't have ANY lids in the whole store.  So I hit my favorite little hardware store.  They have (I think) 5 locations in this area and the nicest and most helpful people that you'd ever want to meet.  They didn't have lids in the store but a very nice young lady looked them up and found one for $10 less than I could find any on line.  She ordered it and she told me if I wasn't satisfied for any reason, I could return it.  That's better than on line, too.

We had a thunder store that dumped rain on us for about 45 minutes.  The thunder sounded far off but the rain was right here.  My grass mower didn't show up again.  I thing the Viet Cong have made headquarters in the tall grass in my yard.  I have to put flags on the dogs when they go out so I can find them. 

My day is ended.  I wish you all well and I will offer prayers for everyone who needs them.  Take care of YOU!

Just adding....SHIRLEY, you are right about all the nice people who have beed through this place.  I miss so many of them.  I was thinking of Bobbie today. 

JaneS

Well, here I am talking to myself again!  But today I don't have a choice.  I have to be ready to leave for church early and I'll be gone for a while.  My friend, Judy and I are officially visiting another church in our Covocation and it's kind of on the "other edge of the area.  We're planning on lunch on the way home.  So it'll be a while before I get back.

Then, when I get back, I'll be taking care of the doggies needs nd heading out to the Farmers Market.  I saw string beans in plentiful supply last week and I need to get some for the freezer for my veggie soup and I'm thinking of making "Ham and Beans" for my first tryout of the Instant Pot.  I haven't had that for a long time and the leftovers will freeze well for future meals.

I better go and get my shower and get dressed while the doggies are still quietly awaiting the boinger after their pill.

I wish you all a "Super Sunday"....Thanks for the idea, CALLIE!

Amy

Good morning everyone
Woke to the sound of the loons on the lake, crow in the pine tree and a sore throat. :( Seems hubby has shared his cold with me. A day of rest here...maybe more sleep as it was elusive during the night..

Jane, that sounds like a good deal to me plus you made another friend with that lady!!

Enjoy your day everyone.
Jimmy Dean

roley

G'Morning all. sorry i have been ]missing these past few weeks,hospital visits,ermergency Nurse call-outs and general health problems have all taken their toll !,but i have kept up to date with all of the 'chit-chat' and of course Lloyd's adventures, i hope this latest find of the 'Bald Explorer' will be of interest? to you, this old 'Water Mill' (Now restored) is only a few miles from were we live, in our younger days we would cycle out to this area and look around at the Old Mill and the Mill Pond, it's great to see the restoration that has been done to bring it back to life !, i rather wish it could be done to me !, ;), enjoy,hope you find this interesting Lloyd,especially the 'old electric motor' !
                                   Cheerio to all.  Roley.
CLICK HERE....                                     

phyllis

Just checking in.  Another restless night.  Feet and legs were really bothering me.  I hate this neuropathy but it is what it is.  Some things just have to be lived with.

Jane, I've gone through so many coffee makers I can't remember them all.  I have a Keurig now but don't like it much.  I hate all those wasteful pods.  Expensive to buy and adds more plastic to the land fills.  When I decide to get another pot it will probably be a cheap Mr. Coffee.  At one time, we had a Cuisinart Self grinding programmable coffee maker.  Darned expensive thing!  The first morning it came on at 6 a.m. with the most awful noise while grinding the beans before brewing the coffee that both Tom and I sat straight up in bed thinking something really terrible was happening somewhere in the house.  I gave it to my daughter-in-law.  She used it once and gave it to her sister.  I don't know what happened to it after that.  Probably went straight to the dump.....where it belonged!

Speaking of coffee.....I need another cup.  Take care, Everybody.

Good to see you back, Roley.  Sorry that unpleasant things have been keeping you away.  Just hope that all will go more smoothly for you now.
phyllis
Cary,NC

Lloyd Hammond

Hi Roley good to see you and enjoyed your video clip. stay well if you can so we can catch you more often,

Lloyd

Gloria

Good morning everyone. We did get rain yesterday but no thunder. It really poured for about 20 minutes, then slowed down for half an hour. Lights flickered a few times so got flashlight handy. Humidity is down  and 67° to start my day, better than mid 70's to start.

JANE  the Keurig is a great one cup coffeepot and you can buy a holder for coffee so  you do not have to use the pods.

LLOYD  I do rent but we have to supply our own AC's and pay our own electricity.

SHIRLEY  I had a lot of my Mom's knick knacks and was so tired of keeping them clean and sparkling. My daughter has many of them and mo oldest granddaughter has the rest.  The aluminum duct tape my son put on the AC connection is holding. My older son agrees with me it is time to get a new window one. The witch told everyone moving in that we needed a portable ac, no more window ones. Only the ones who were here in the beginning could use theirs. When we had that big meeting more than a year ago the lady who conducted it looked in the company rule book and there was no mention of that. Window ones started showing up. They do work better than the portable ones.

PHYLLIS  we also needed the rain we got yesterday. Nothing like the taste of a tree ripened peach,so juicy.

CAROL  nice seeing you pop in.

AMY  not a good time for any cold. I know I did not go out of my door yesterday, I think I would have fainted from the heat and humidity.  Guess everyone know I hate summer.

LARRY  don't push yourself to do too much.

JENNY  my left leg is not as strong as it used to be and one reason why stairs get me.

Have a good day.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Sandy

Good Morning Everyone,  from
the warm, sunny, windy but not too
humid rocky coast of Maine.
It looks like it is going to
be a great day here in Portland. 

I got a pretty good clean bill of
health this past week... other then
my normal slowing down..  Lungs etc
are healthy so far.    But of course
I still have to take blood thinners
to prevent any more strokes.   

I am doing good.  This coming
week I see the eye doc and see what
he has to say about my cataracts ..
I think that is my next hurdle. 

So far, so good. 

Have a good day Everyone!
Sandy
 :crazy2:
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

CallieOK

Good Sunny Sunday morning.

Janie, I found a pod for the Keurig in a Miles Kimball catalog.  It came with a measuring spoon.
I got it for friends who might want coffee but haven't used it yet because I drink tea.

Several friends told me to use tea bags instead of the pod.  Put tea bag in mug or cup and let water run through as usual.  Do have to watch brewing time but that's easy.

Gotta scoot to "get me to the church on time" la la la

Enjoy your day, Everyfriend.

Shirley

Cas was not satisfied with the Keurig flavor, he thought it should have more water go through but not happy with the one cup & the 2nd run through too weak.... SO I bought him a 2 cup Pyrex measuring cup that combined that much into making his 2 cups balance. Make sense?  Anyway, he tried all the pods & decided he liked Folger's best so I bought him a case of those pods after that. I still prefer the Mr.Coffee or Black & Decker best. The Keurig I bought came with a strainer to use regular coffee if desired. I offered it to any of my kids but they've had or tried & don't want.

Been to church & McDonald's with the crowd & may finish up the sleep I missed last night. Can't get caught up & darn Fitbit is not helping 'cause it won't tell me how much the last couple days, not even an accurate number of steps. Keeps good time or I would be tossing it.

Roley/Peter, sorry about the health issues, hope you have a better month ahead. I'm going back to check out the link you posted.... thank you. I have a feeling I may never get back to visit England so thoroughly enjoy your links. From what I could see on Google my little village of Marlow, Bucks is nothing like when we lived there in the mid '50s, but neither are we! I don't expect any of the people I enjoyed back then are still living, they were so kind to this young (19) American. One time one of the English girls that married a GI complained to me that we "Americans bragged about our country too much". I know I showed how shocked I was by her statement & quickly explained that... "we are just talking about HOME".... Now I talk about those first few years of married life in England with glowing memories.

Gloria, somewhere back there you mentioned the flavor of tree ripened peaches... tree ripened anything is so far above what we get in the store it's like not even being the same type fruit. We used to go to the orchards to pick peaches & apples... those orchards are long gone but the memory is still here. I still picture the photos you posted of the different kinds of fruit when you helped with the sales... good ole days!

Today I took notice that I did not see a single Canada goose on my way to or from church.... strange... we have seen so many the last 30 years, some stay year around but most migrate. The golfers gripe about the mess they make & I still look at them with amazement at their travels & devotion to raising their babies. Not sure if the lack of them is because the river has been high for so long, but I also miss seeing the mass of egrets this year. The city put a bypass around the west side that ruined their breeding ground, I thought was terrible since this rookery put to shame anything we saw along the Gulf Coast (bird sanctuaries). Anyway, the world is in constant change, isn't it?

Callie, clouds are building to my south so guess we have another day of hit & miss storms. I did not empty the rain gauge this week & surprised at how much it shows.  MY Callie hasn't come back & was a week last night since we got home, so I am afraid something or someone got her. The neighbors said they didn't see her the whole time I was gone... and I do feel bad that I couldn't take her.

Amy, so sorry about the sore throat... expect you already did the hot salt gargle?  Sounds like a virus since Kyle shared & not sure anything really helps that kind. I don't like having the head messed up, hugs.

Sandy, I have no doubt you will breeze through cataract surgery... you are a good patient! I could not tolerate the blood thinners. I dread the thought of cataract surgery, am seriously thinking about visiting my daughter's eye doctor,optometrist before doing anything more. Since I can read without glasses & think it is a prescription problem, I'm not willing to give up one problem for another.... I don't mind wearing glasses to drive but need the reading area clear & can't get them to give it a try. The places that make the glasses have to go by the prescription & they come out wrong for MY eyes. Pain in the neck to have to raise my glasses to see the speedometer or my watch when driving! Anyway, good luck with your next hurdle.

Phyllis, I didn't know that neuropathy bothered at night. I sat next to a classmate that mentioned he had it & didn't dare cross his legs or he wouldn't know where each foot was... I didn't know that much about it but was shocked at the idea. He was not able to drive any longer. A clinic here advertises their "trials". I have been drinking Gatorade for leg cramps after so many in here recommending it. The camp host's wife asked about what I did so I gave her an extra bottle I had with me..... she & her husband have been hosts at that campground for a few years now, so we see each other at least once a year.

Jane, I try to put a couple tubs of beans & ham (shanks) in the freezer every time I make it... & pull out those tubs soon after freezing. Do believe it's my fav food. Call it "comfort food". Time to make more. I cook mine in the pressure cooker but do pour off the water after about 15 min boiling... not sure it makes a difference because I do it EVERY time! I have been impressed with the shanks instead of hocks since my "little" (young) butcher convinced me to try. No where near the fat to peel off & flavor just as good. Guess I've talked myself into going to the store.... maybe a nap first.

Wishing all a Super Sunday...& Merry Monday if I don't get back tonight. Shirley

so_P_bubble

Anyone watching the Women football Mondial?  US against Holland. It is live here right now! Don is also watching it in Canada.

Carol

Phyllis:  Sorry for your pain and I hope you can get it under control.

Jenny:  We have had small hail a couple of times - I worry about the roof and remember having two new roofs in a span of three years a while back.  Glad you are enjoying the mountains. Our oldest son has his cabin" in Grand Lake for sale - we surely will miss it.

Sandy:  The recovery from getting cataracts is super fast and you will love it. 

We spent yesterday with youngest son & wife plus his in-laws.  I need to ask his in-laws over sometime soon - I need to do a lot of things. 
Right now, popping in and out to catch the USA Women's Soccer beating Netherlands. The girls are great! 

Carol

Hi Bubble!  What a game!.  It sure is non-stop exercise!

CallieOK

Shirley,  Miss Emily is on her way north.  Please shoo those clouds out of the way before she gets to your area.  ;)

Her mom texted that USA girls won their game.  Was on at 10:a.m. here so didn't see it.

Would you believe my air conditioner had stopped cooling like it should?  Of all days!!!!
Have a call in to my usual ac/heat/plumbing place but not sure they'll have anyone available today.
Would prefer to have them come because I have an annual contract and get a discount.
Pretty sure I can manage with fans until tomorrow.....oe go to son's overnight.

Onward and upward..

Edit....ac guy just called.  He's on the way  !!!!!!!

larryhanna

Hi everyone.  Once again the day hasn't gone as I had hoped. Hopefully I finally have my discussions set up to make it easier to post.  Today is our 57th Wedding Anniversary.  (I made it!!)  Elizabeth is coming to bring Pat a big special arrangement of red roses.  We have no other celebration planned. Scott was just here but had to leave to go to work this evening.  I was very tired this morning, probably from frustration with the way my browser was working.  I plan  on spending a quiet afternoon watching the golf match and then taking the rest of the afternoon and evening just doing things in a quiet manner.  

JaneS

Hello Everfriend! Spending the morning with my friend, Judy, was very nice.  We attended church in a town that I'd only been through in years past.  Since she grew up in that area and still has friends there, she was able to give me quite a tour of that town and the next one.  The sevice was nice and the members of the church that we met were very welcoming.

After church we did the tours and Judy showed me both the house where she grew up and the one where she went to housekeeping when she married.  I also saw the high school where she graduated.  Then we stopped for lunch at a very nice Italian restaurant.

When I got home, I saw to the doggies needs and then went to the Farmers Market.  The string beans were all gone but the guy said there would be plenty next week.  So that will be "bean day" for me.

I came home with a small sack of potatoes that just came out of the ground yesterday. 

I've been home a while now and I just finished copying a whole bunch of Instant Pot recipes from Taste of Home.  I still want to do the ham and beans first. 

I think I'll just get another small coffee pot like I have.  It was cheap and it worked well for about 3 years.  The only thing wrong with it now is that the coffee isn't HOT like I like it.

My eyes are getting a bad case of the "droops" so I think I'll find a more comfortable place to sit just in case!  Sounds like everyfriend is busy and enjoying the day.

SANDY, I'm another who advocated the cataract surgery if your dr is recommending it.  It's simple and recovery is rapid.  And the first thing you will notice is the colors!  I couldn't believe what I'd been missing!

ROLEY, thanks for the visit to England!  I wish it had been in person but if that can't happen, these "trips" are better than not seeing it at all! 

Denver

A good Sunday HELLO to EVERYFRIEND.
 ⚽️⚽️⚽️ YEA FOR AMERICA 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

We spent a leisurely morning watching the ladies soccer.  Had a nice video chat with Son Mark and our Jonah Boy.  NOTE: MARY ANN, after your nice comment yesterday about Jonah's Picture I decided it was time to add a updated picture.  Jonah is 7 months old already.  He crawls like crazy and is already trying to pull himself up🙀 The family made a quick visit to see Megan's sister and her family in San Francisco yesterday. The sister and her family will be moving to Colorado soon and they wanted to see them before Mark starts his new job this coming Monday.  Rather sad they are moving as they have two little girls, one older and one just younger than Jonah and it would have been nice for both families to have each other close🥰 

SHIRLEY, I am saddened to read that Callie is still missing😩😢. You never know, she might just show up one of these days, but I know it makes you feel bad.  I agree with you that the hanging flower baskets are so beautiful in Vail.  I always feel like I have flown to a little town in Europe every time I go into Vail Village.  The flowers in general at high altitudes seem to be the most spectacular!  Great story about the house in Aspen.  I, too, love Aspen, but I still remember Aspen and Vail when they were just little towns with out all the hoop ah la!  The whole area from Silverthorne to Eagle on I 70 has just expanded so, you would not hardly recognize it.  Beautiful area still.  On one of your drives back you should head north and check it out.....and see ME! 

MARY ANN, you were very blessed to be able to drive by yourself on longer trips for as long as you did.  The best part is you got to make the decision yourself that it might be time to not be out on the road by yourself💞 My Dad would be driving his car today if he had not had the spine problems that kept him from getting up into his Lincoln Navigator.  I know he misses driving and I feel bad for him as he was always a very safe driver.  I know you miss your independence also to be able to just go when you take the notion to😩

OH CAROL, I, too, remember the bad hail storms and having to put two new roofs on in that short period of time.....that is why we always dislike the darn hail storms as they are so damaging!  I am sorry the Grand Lake Place is for sale😩

CALLIE, I hope your A/C can be fixed easily without a big $$$.  I spoke of flowers at high altitudes...my Aunt Emma used to grow the most beautiful HUGE flowers in her yard....I always loved the sweet peas that grew on the chain link fence....they were spectacular❣️

JANE, your drive with Judy sounded very nice and I know you really enjoyed it!  Please count me in on joining you for your first pot of beans in your cooker🥰🥰

Enjoy the rest of your day🥰🥰

Jenny

🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Amy

Happy Anniversary Larry and Pat, may you be blessed with many more..
Jimmy Dean

CallieOK

No repairs needed on a/c.  There was a heavy coat of ICE on the "tubes" inside and the ones between unit and where they go into outside wall.  This was due to amount of "cotton" on coils from cottonwood trees.  Grandson had hosed them off several weeks ago and I hadn't realized we'd had that much more blowing off trees.  Connection to and in attic probably thickly coated, too.

Solution....hose stuff off unit coils and keep it turned off and fan turned on until it thaws.

Unit is all clear but attic connections will take longer.

I'm to turn unit on before I go to bed and see if cooling occurs.  If so..nothing else needed except to keep an eye on coils. Service call charge will be figured after we see if he needs to come back.

I'm doing fine in coolest room anyway with circulating fan, ceiling fan and attic fan going...and a big glass of ice water.

Jenny, I miss those mountain flowers but surely enjoyed hubby's vegetable garden here.  Southern veggies don't do well at high altitudes

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY LARRY AND PAT

Shirley

Happy 57th Anniversary to Larry & Pat!  God Bless and make it 58!!

Oldiesmann

Quote from: so_P_bubble on July 06, 2019, 02:51:47 AMWhat a pool, Michael! It must have been lots of fun. Did you try the TYPHOON TOWER too? I believe that would be a favorite for my daughter and my grandson  :-\

Yes, I've been under it a couple times when it's gone off. You get thoroughly drenched, which isn't a bad thing considering how hot it's been here lately. The older niece doesn't like getting drenched like that and the younger one isn't quite sure what to think of it.