Random Image

Curtis-Palmer Dam

Owner: Jeanne Lee
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:51:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for May 1st, 2018

Started by so_P_bubble, May 01, 2018, 01:32:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amy

Good morning everyone..

Sitting here listening to the loons call...love it!! Going to be a beautiful day here. We are off in a bit to the city, hubby has another procedure to day, he is not looking forward to it either.

Yesterday I looked out the kitchen window and thought one tree was funny, went out and wiggled it and it had rotted on the bottom . Took all three pieces down and the neighbour took it with him to the dumb. I had brought the original from where we used to live, this was an offspring of it. I enjoyed watching the birds in the fall eat the mountain ash berries from it.

Shirley , I do hope you can get some photos of those catfish!! What fun you must have feeding them. I agree with the saying if you are going to do a job ,do it well or don't do it at all. We have followed behind other carpenters that we have had to repair their work so we could do our own.

Jane,safe travelling...can't wait to see all the phots of the new baby and you!!

Larry, I have heard so much about that quilt show but know I will never get there. You were at the cream of the crop for quilt show.

Enjoy your day everyone..
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

phyllis

Amy, be careful taking down a tree.  Sometimes they just don't fall the way you think they will.  In 1996 Hurricane Fran went through here and we had so many trees down or leaning dangerously in our yard.  The price quote from tree removal companies was astronomical.....many were gouging because soooo many trees and limbs were down all through this part of NC from the storm.  We refused to pay their unreasonable price so Tom and I bought two chainsaws...his was gas powered and mine was electrical.  It took us more than two weeks but we cleared all of the downed trees, limbs, and debris from around the house and clear down through the woods to the creek.  Tom called me "Chainsaw Granny".  We were so proud of the job that we did together.

Pretty day here and a little cooler than the last couple of days have been.  David (son) is off to downtown Raleigh for jury duty today and for however long they will require him to come in.  He is not looking forward to dealing with the downtown traffic and all of the state government workers that are down there but he will manage.  As for me....it is Monday so it is wash day.
phyllis
Cary,NC

Shirley

Good morning, girls (boys aren't up yet)........

Phyllis, I was about to mention that Cas & I took down more trees that you can imagine.  When my sons & I started going to the mountains in CO, Forest Rangers explained to us that "orange rings around a tree meant it needed to be cut down."  Did that ever please the boys!  We rigged up a rope, had a rather heavy metal "pully" left over from some odd job, tied to one end of the rope so we could throw over a large branch at least 3/4 to the top.  The pully would drop the rope down to us so one could pull both ends to make a tree fall the direction wanted.  First they would chop a notch on that side and then one pulled while the other chopped.  Works like a charm and that rope & pully is still in a plastic tub, along with hatchets & still travels.  No more trees to take down in the campgrounds, but we have used it quite a few times since living in this house.  Many years ago Cas bought me a Stihl chain saw for Christmas (he got lots of laughs at the Petroleum Club for that!!) I had wanted it to cut slabs of tree bark at a logging place in MO. I painted raccoons inside a hole I would dig out of the round part of the bark &  sold at arts & craft shows I went to spring & fall. Still have the chain saw but now have a smaller electric one that is easier for me to use around the house.  A certain satisfaction in doing something we didn't know we could do, huh?

Amy, so sorry about losing the tree.... I have a flowering almond bush that came from the first house we owned when we got back from England in 1957, starts have moved a number of times, & a start went to my son that was born when we lived in that house. I have other plants from my mother that are special.

Bubble, Janie, Gloria & anyone else that has those old autograph books, pull them out & share some of the funniest or best.  I have a lot of the "roses are red, violets are blue, if I had your face I'd join the zoo"..... we were about 11 when my was dated.

:hb3: Happy Birthday, Joy... Hope it is one of the best ever!    :hb3:

Radioman34

I had an interesting experience returning returning from a walk to the beach this morning: I was attacked by a crow(s). They were assembled in a tree making a lot of noise and as I passed by I felt what was like a sharp smack on the back of my head. As I stood there wondering what hit me there came another attack and this time I just got a glimpse of my assailant; a large crow perched defiantly on a nearby limb hurling imprecations on me and my ancestors.  Seeing as I had come in peace I left accordingly.

JaneS

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOY AND MAY YOU CELEBRATE MANY MORE!!!
:hb2:

bubble my daughter emailed a photo to you for posting. It was sent from my phone. I guess you either didn't get it or you didn't recognize the name of the sender. I'll resend when I get home. I miss E mama already!!!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

JaneS

so_P_bubble

Jane, I checked Spam, Trash and all: no email about a photo to post.
Please verify the address again: 3"e"s to start with!

larryhanna

Hi Everyone.The sky is clear this morning and we are to have a sunny 85 degree day.  My calendar is clear for today so expect to stay home all day. 

We had a big turnout for Sunday School and once again I led the hymn singing as none of the choir members were present.  I did meet two new families visiting the Church yesterday who were sitting beside me (an older couple who had moved here to be near their daughters) and a young family.  Our new youth minister was introduced. 

I did watch the end of the golf tournament which was won by Jason Day, who is from Australia. A few moments ago I spoke briefly with my old coffee drinking friends at McDonald's where I use to have coffee with them several times a week. Video calling is great.  They hadn't changed much in the three years + I have been away from there. It was a nice way to start the new week. 

Jane, hope your trip back to Pennsylvania is a pleasant one.  I bet those dogs will be happy to see you when you get home. 

Gloria, glad you had a nice day yesterday.  We had a bit of a breeze yesterday and it didn't get too hot. While some of the young people today may be our age before they get their student loans paid off that is not a problem for our age group.  I remember my folks paid $70 a semester for my college and the books were free if returned at the end of the semester.  I lived at home and took my mother to work in the town where the college was located so only had the added expense of meals.  Nice you had a resident who is a handyman and I bet he enjoys helping others. 

June, nice to see you were feeling up to attending the Chapel service yesterday. 

deAngel, many years ago I attended a two-week training course in San Francisco and had time to do sight seeing, including riding the cable cars, after work and on the weekend.  The only other time I have been in San Francisco was to attend a SeniorNet board meeting to be one of the representatives of the online folks.  It was an exhausting trip but it was a nice experience but they spent a lot of money bringing in several people from over the country for a three hour meeting.  One of the board members was an executive of one of the big software companies and he and his wife hosted an evening get together in their beautiful home in Marin county.  It overlooked the Bay and had a view of the Golden Gate Bridge. We have the cedar chest in our bedroom that my father gave my mother as wedding present. 

Shirley, I agree with the adage of your father about doing tasks.  I follow that same principle and once I start something I want to see it completed. I wonder why I am not surprised at Cas buying you a chainsaw. That is about the last thing I can imagine my wife ever using.  You are indeed a very interesting person. 

Don, I never heard of someone being attached by a crow.  I hope the peck didn't hurt you.  You must have invaded their territory.   

Bubble, it was a custom for our high school students to write in our yearbooks.

Joy, once again I wish you a very Happy Birthday. 

Amy, I feel for your husband.  It seems once we get started with the doctor appointments there is always another procedure or appointment.  I hope it all goes well for him.  Over the years Pat and I have visited many quilt and fabric stores.  The biggest one is a place called G Street Fabrics in Rockville, Maryland.  https://gstreetfabrics.com/ The nicest quilt store we ever visited was on top of English mountain in Tennessee.  There was a beautiful view and it was a large and interesting place.  That is where Pat bought the whole cloth king size off-white pineapple pattern that she spent two years hand quilting.  We have it displayed on the wall in our entrance hall.  It is beautiful. 

Phyllis, you two must have made quite a site with the chain saws.  I had an electric chain saw when we first moved to Georgia but it was stolen out of our garage along with other tools that I had.  I never replaced it.  I bet you all saved a lot of money doing the work yourselves.  Is David's jury duty just for a week or the duration of the trial if he is selected for a jury.  Over the years I was called to jury duties several times and was selected to be on three juries.  The first one was the worst and we were sequestered for a couple of days.  It was a murder trial. It was an eye opener. When we lived in Maryland my wife was called to be on a grand jury in Montgomery County and that term was for six months. I don't remember how often they were called to meet but know it was fairly often.   

Gloria

Good morning everyone, 55° now, rain last night cooled it off. Sun is shining but not too bright.

Read all the posts but not up to posting this morning.

JOY
:hb2: :happybday: :hb2:

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Gloria

Bumper Stickers

If You Can Read This, I Can Slam On My Brakes And Sue You
Forget World Peace -- Visualize Turning Off Your Turn Signal!
HANG UP AND DRIVE!
Where There's A Will...I Want To Be In It!
Ever Stop To Think, And Forget To Start Again?
This Would Be Really Funny If It Weren't Happening To Me
If We Quit Voting Will They All Go Away?
This Bumper Sticker Exploits Illiterates
Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway
Honk If Anything Falls Off
I Haven't Lost My Mind - It's Backed Up In The Cloud!

The 7-Ups of Life
(Author Unknown)

1. Wake Up - Decide to have a good day. "Today is the day the Lord hath made; let us rejoice & be glad in it." Psalms 118:24

2. Dress Up - The best way to dress up is to put on a smile. A smile is an inexpensive way to improve your looks. "The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at outward appearance but the Lord looks at the heart." I Sam 16:7

3. Shut Up - Say loving things & learn to listen. God gave us 2 ears and 1 mouth so He must have meant for us to do twice as much listening as talking. "He who guards his lips guards his soul." Proverbs 13:3 "Gossip betrays confidence, avoid men who talk too much." Proverbs 20:19 "Listen to advice, accept instruction and in the end, you will be wise." Proverbs 19:20

4. Stand Up - For what you believe in. Stand for something or you will fall for anything. "Let us not be weary in doing good; for at the proper time, we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good..." Galatians 6:9-10

5. Look Up - To the Lord. "I can do everything through Him who gives me strength." Philippians 4:13

6. Reach Up - For something higher. "...press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus." Philippians 3:14

7. Lift Up - Your Prayers. "Do not worry about anything; instead pray about everything." Philippians 4:6

Sandy

Good Morning Everyone! 

It is a beautiful day here on the rocky
coast of Maine... 

I watch golf yesterday and was
very pleased to see that my
favorite guy,  Jason Day,   WON !!!

I was so tickled. 

Wishing everyone a great week... 
Sandy
:cheer:
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

Mary Ann

I don't recall having an autograph book at graduation as most signed the yearbooks.  I do have an autograph book of my mother's cousin and how it ended up with me, I can only guess.  I'll look into it one of these days and if there are interesting posts, I'll post them here.  What is interesting to me about that book is that so many of the people who wrote messages were family members.

Happy Birthday Joy, may you have many more.

Mary Ann

Shirley

Stopping to catch my breath.... pool person coming this morning for half payment to completely re-do the pool, tile & all & new cover for winter.... that I understood could be walked on!  Cats may do that.  At first I thought prices being quoted were a joke (from all companies), hopefully have chosen the best, was recommended by a neighbor's father.  We didn't pay this much for our first house! If I don't get it done the hit will come when I leave the house so may as well spend now & have the benefit of less work!

Mary Ann, my autograph books were in elementary school, and we did all sign year books that most of us bought every year from 8th grade thru 12.... (long before middle schools).  We had 7 elementary schools that dumped into one high school, Think our class started out with about 350 (8th grade) in a 3 story building.  Back in those days there was a separate Catholic school and separate Negro school.... was before the term "black" was politically correct.  Some kids dropped out to work, the draft years were before me, not a whole lot went on to college unless they wanted to be teachers.  Had a business college my sister went to, but a friend & I went to what had been designed as a "basic training" school for control tower operating, teletype, reservations, etc. in Omaha. The things I wanted to do were not "proper" and I had no ambition to be a teacher, secretary or nurse, much less get married.  Life happened & I didn't fight the hand I was dealt, honestly.... and no regrets because any other direction would not have led to this point, and I am satisfied with my choices.  Lots of things I would have loved to do, still don't admit I can't still do them but probably not likely.  :crazy2:

By the way, Larry, thanks for the kind description of me, sounds much better than "strange person you are".   :2funny:

Not getting the job done, have towels in the dryer to fold & much to do have the house & me "presentable" before pool man comes.

Gloria, hope you feel better today, this hot & cold weather is hard on us.  I've been saving about everything you post to send on to my kids or a friend that doesn't check in here.  Thanks.  Have a question for you, does PSP 9 work on Windows 7?  That was the version Glenn Curtis recommended because it came with Animation Shop. When I had Win.7 on this computer (upgraded from XP) I thought I read it would not, so bought 2 other versions that I can't understand how to use.  The one thing I want most is to keep PSP working, & have my son-in-law adding new memory & working over my little 12" laptop instead of buying a new tablet or whatever they are called.  I know he'd put 7 on but since my son put it on this computer & Windows 10 sent a message that they were installing 10 that evening ... even tho I had been saying NO day after day... so son was here when they installed to answer the questions "they" asked.  I can't organize photos like with XP or even 7.... with 10.  It has a few features I like but mostly don't like 10 & don't want MS to force feed me 10 if I have SIL upgrade me to 7.  I hate being bossed around.  >:(

Mary Ann

Shirley, I remember having an autograph book, probably in grade school.  If I looked seriously for it, I might find it, but I'm not going to look for it; too many boxes in the storage room.  I know, or think I know, where the other one is.  I wonder if kids do that today.  I have no idea how many grade schools we had when I was young but we had four high schools, one vocational high school, one Catholic high school (several grade schools) and one Christian high school.  The high school I went to has been turned over to a City High School where advanced students from all over the city can go.  There is no north end school now and the south end school was closed years ago so there are now two high schools, no vocational school, two Catholic schools, two Christian schools.  Of course, surrounding the city, there are other, newer high schools, including the area where I live - I do not live in the city, but just outside.  Except for a sign, you'd never know when you went from City to Township.  The suburbs have Grand Rapids City surrounded so it is impossible for GR to grow.  Each suburb has its own high school.  We never had a separate school for black students, however, most of them lived in the south end.  Later some of those students were bused to other schools and it amused me one day to read a house ad that mentioned the house was in the Aberdeen school district.  The house was in the south end and I lived in the Aberdeen district in the very north end.  I did not go beyond one semester at Junior College, my mother died that fall and a year later I started work and stayed with the company nearly 44 years.  By July 1, I will have been retired 32 years and while I won't say I'm still going strong, I'm doing OK.  I loved my job for many years and tolerated it for the last few years.  'Nuf sed!  All I ask of the company is that they get my pension check in my bank the first of every month - and they do!

I've been watching the weather channel while I talked to Dot a few minutes ago and viewing the lava flow; it's almost unimaginable.  How horrible.

Mary Ann

Carol

The quilt show was at a large church.  June R. talked about each quilt, big and small and the entire show took over 2 hours.  That is because she had a ton of quilts to show and there were many given to charity and friends which we did not see.  It was amazing that someone could design so many patterns and she had done this in the last 35 years, she is well into her 80's now. 

Sunday afternoon, I brought my quilt project to our group - they had an all-day work shop.  I couldn't take the time and had my morning with a bible study.  We had a wonderful lunch and I feel so good after listening to the real experts and their ideas. 

I should call the high school that is blocks away - to let them know the darlings are out speeding and whipping across lanes on their lunch hours.  No one cares about the chaos they cause - I remember the tree in Texas near our home - 4 teens died when they were racing to get back after lunch and crashed into that tree.  Still, the school never banned outside lunchtime. 

Shirley:  We can't believe prices either.  I hope you have a lot of enjoyment using your pool. 

I am going to check on the lava flow - it sounds so devastating. 

Denver

A good Monday HELLO to EVERYFRIEND.

We continue to enjoy our time here in California.  Tomorrow we will have to say goodbye and start our drive south for our flight back home to Colorado on Wednesday.  We are sad our time is nearly over but I am also very thankful we had the opportunity to be here.....it has been fantastic! 

Today we drove to The Mission San Miguel Arcangel,  just a few miles North of Paso Robles.  Very interesting tour.  We really did enjoy learning the history of this place.

There are many, many wineries in this part of California and we sure have enjoyed looking at many of them.  The grounds, buildings and vines are lovely to look at.

JANE, I was sure hoping we would be able to see a picture of your little Emma, but guess we will have to wait a bit longer. 

GLORIA de, you and my Mark would sure have a good time chatting.....he ðŸ'•ðŸ'• to talk about golf! 

We just enjoyed eating a bowl of Clam Chowder....I do believe it was the best I have ever had.....so delicious and full of clams, and I have had some mighty good chowders on the East Coast!  Yummm.

I wish you all a good rest of your day.

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Lindancer

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

Joy

Thanks to everyone for their special Birthday Wishes.  I have had a  really nice day.   Had phone calls from my sons  and friends and grandchildren.  Dinner last night.  Beautiful flowers from son and DIL.  And, to top it all of some delicious decadent cup cakes and wine with another son and DIL tonight. 

I appreciate all your kind messages and feel blessed to be part of this nice group of friends.

Joy
BIG BOX

June Drabek

Joy, it sounds like your Birthday was just about perfect. I am  so happy for you.

It was a quiet day here at Rowntree. There were things to do but I didn't get involved. A cloudy day mostly,but pleasant. I finished a book and enjoyed it. And had a really long deep nap. When I woke up I thought it was morning. I pray you all have a peaceful night. Love, hugs and prayers, are all coming you way. June
As long as we are here, let's dance.

Lloyd Hammond

Gloria well i am going to set here Long enough to wish you all sweet dreams.
swelling is slowly going down. but even with pain pills I can barley walk on my left leg. the blisters have burst on there Owen. no signs of blood posing. hope to be able to see you all tomorrow. good night.

Lloyd

Gloria

Good morning everyone, 45° and light fog this morning.  Did not beel to great yesterday and of course my CNA was not feeling well so took the day off. Will see if I get one today. The one who comes on Tuesday and Thursday was in the hospital with double pnuemonia. She was OK last Thursday. I jad a couple of autograph books fron school but they were thrown away years ago.

I left school at 16. My Father had a massive heart attack and was lucky to survive it. He could no longer work and since I was the last one at home I went to work. I was the only one from a large family that liked school and wanted to graduate. I wanted to be a teacher back then.

SHIRLEY  yes PSP 9 works in Windows 7. I had 8 installed plus 11 and 12 Ultimate all at one time. Now I cannot  get any installed so cannot do PSP anymore. abd I miss it. I would ask my grandson to try installing but he is always so busy I hate to bother him. Those here doing PSP are using 10 and say it is OK. I am using 10 now but still would have preferred 7.  My grandson installed 10 when he hac my PC at his home in December.

MARY ANN  there were several primary schools where I lived and from there we went to the closest Junior high and from there to the one high school. There was a vocational school and several Catholic schools. I always wanted to go to Hawaii but seeing what is happening now on the big island I am glad I am not there.

CAROL  when they built a new high school I was awazed at the size ot the student parking lot. 2 times as big as the teacher one.

JENNY  all good vacations have to end but you can take pictures and memories home with you.

JOY looks like you had a wonderful birthday.

JUNE  have a good day.

LLOYD  glad the swelling is going down on your leg. Think it will be some time before it stops hurting.

Have a good day.

Gloria

Two Days We Should Not Worry
Author Unknown

There are two days in every week about which we should not worry, two days which should be kept free from fear and apprehension.

One of these days is Yesterday with all its mistakes and cares, its faults and blunders, its aches and pains.

Yesterday has passed forever beyond our control. All the money in the world cannot bring back Yesterday.

We cannot undo a single act we performed; we cannot erase a single word we said. Yesterday is gone forever.

The other day we should not worry about is Tomorrow with all its possible adversities, its burdens, its large promise and its poor performance; Tomorrow is also beyond our immediate control.

Tomorrow's sun will rise, either in splendor or behind a mask of clouds, but it will rise. Until it does, we have no stake in Tomorrow, for it is yet to be born.

This leaves only one day, Today.
     Any person can fight the battle of just one day.
It is when you and I add the burdens of those two awful eternities
     Yesterday and Tomorrow that we break down.

It is not the experience of Today that drives a person mad,
     it is the remorse or bitterness of something which happened
Yesterday and the dread of what Tomorrow may bring.
     Let us, therefore, Live but one day at a time.

larryhanna

Hi Everyone.  It is another beautiful morning and we will be in the low 80's this afternoon and party cloudy, although it is to be sunny this morning.  I have a busy morning planned as have an appointment with my podiatrist to get my toenails trimmed.  I should get a discount as only have 8 nails left to trim but sure that won't happen.  I then plan to stop at Lowe's to put some painting supplies so that Elizabeth can paint our front porch columns, which she prepared last week.  Then I hope to stop at Costco for gas and a couple of items and finally at the strawberry stand to get another half gallon of strawberries.  That will be plenty for today.  I did wake up around 3:30 this morning and couldn't go back to sleep so finished listening to an audio book and then got up and ready for the day.

Gloria, was sorry to read you weren't up to posting yesterday but nice to see your posting today.  However, those were good pieces you posted especially "The 7-Ups of Life". 

Sandy, Jason Day was pretty much in control all day long although a couple of others did provide some challenge. 

Shirley, hope the pool redo turns out great and that you will have less work to keep it up.  I went to a Teacher's college, Northwest Missouri State, as I wanted to be a teacher.  However, that was not the way my life turned out and I also have no regrets about it. I don't think you are strange at all but just a great and interesting person. 

Carol, that was a long quilt show you attended. 

Jenny, you all have had a busy, but obviously very enjoyable time in California.  That clam chowder sounds great.  It has been quite awhile I have had clam chowder. 

June, do you ever wish when you come to the end of a book that there were just a few more chapters to read?  I like books that feature a main character is continuing series.  I hope you had a good night and will have a good day today.

Lloyd, glad you are getting better and how the pain when you walk will soon lessen and go away. 

Joy

Shirley,  Oh!  you are NOT strange at all.

I, for one, just enjoy your stories so much............whether it is about the cats, your cooking, your adventures down to the river, your travels out to Colorado, and whatever else you write.  I just wish I had 1/2 of your energy to do all you do!!  It boggles my mind sometimes when you write all you can do in a day.
LOVE IT !!!

I still tell people about the day you stopped your car to help the little ducklings across the road.  You and my DIL would be good together. She would have done the same thing. 

Thanks so much for sharing your interesting life  with us all.

Joy
BIG BOX

so_P_bubble

Joy I second your post 100%.  Shirley keeps me interested in all she relates here.

June Drabek

I woke at five this morning and stayed awake as my meds come in at six.  Then I took an invigorating shower.....luke warm. Sandy says she takes cold showers..I tried it and liked it, til the weather turned cold. I will work back to the cold when summer arrives.

Larry, Many times I have wished the book had another chapter, and some of the authors have written three and four following books as the 'family' grew.
Right now I am reading something different and enjoying learrning. It is titled,"Making your emotions work for you." by Harold Sala. I am learning, and enjoying.  The cover says, 1. Coping with stress. 2.Avoiding Burnout. 3. Overcoming fear...and  more.

It is going on 10 o'clock so time for my morning stroll.  see y'll later.  June/
As long as we are here, let's dance.

JaneS

I'm all the way home and sitting in my own office chair!  Traveling is nice and spending time with family is about as good as it gets.  Holding and cuddling Emma was tops!  But the trip home was tiring and I'm glad it's over.  I just really wish Emma, Allison, Dan, Cindy and Jim lived closer because I'm thinking that this could very well be the one and only time I get to see Emma.  I thank God for his kindness in making this possible.

I told Allison that she needs to send me at least on picture a week until I'm gone and that she needs to tell Emma several times a day that GG loves her every day of her life.  She promised she would.

SHIRLEY, I think they are all wrong about you.  You are strange!  So am I!  So is Joy and Sandy and both Glorias and Larry and Amy and Lloyd and...well, you all get the picture!  If we weren't all so strange and different what on earth would we talk about?  Now there!  I've said it and I mean it!

I've got a load of wash in the washer and one in the dryer.  My suitcase is unpacked and put away and I've had a lovely meal.  I found two Susquehanna University Food Service meals in my fridge with a note from Bridget saying, "I can't eat either of these and I usually just don't take them but I thought you might be tired and not feel like cooking so I took them for you!"  Isn't that a sweet thing to do!  She took good care of the doggies and loved the chance to be off campus for a while.  She sent me pictures and messages all the while I was gone. 

Washer stopped and as soon as the dryer does, I'll make the switch and then I'll do whatever.....

I MISS EMMA!

Mary Ann

Jane, I know travel is tiring, but just think, you were able to travel to see Emma.  Maybe in a few years, her family will be able to travel to see YOU!

I think I've mentioned it here that I expect to take one last trip to Indianapolis June 1 for a few days.  My deceased cousin's family lives there and they have been my second family.  I am looking forward to the trip and visit, but I'll be glad to be home after that.

Mary Ann

CallieOK

Janie,  glad you're home safely and had a good trip.   Hope it didn't storm while you were in Tulsa.

Hot, windy and sticky outside today.   Weather guru said "10% chance of showers" later today.  He didn't mention "storms" and I hope he's right.

Hummingbirds are humming, flowers are blooming and I'm alternating between "productive" and "leisurely" days.
Life is good.

Wishing Everyfriend Everywhere an Enjoyable Day.

Carol

There is a large pan of fudge brownies cooling and it is for the last Wednesday meeting for women at church.  We feast and talk on this one day each year.  Just great!

This was my 2nd afternoon on hand-sewing the binding and I think I am half finished.  Listening to an audio book - I like history and this is about Patten - Don's uncle fought through Africa and up under General Patten and never said a word about it when he returned home.  He refused to talk about that time.

Jenny:  That was a wonderful trip for you and Bob!  Nice for you to have time to visit with California son as well.

Janie:  You had a memorable visit as well - I hope they have a lot of photos with your family and especially with newborn Emma. 

Mary Ann:  How are you going to travel to Indiana?