Random Image

keani new year

Owner: Beverly
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:47:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for April 15,2019

Started by so_P_bubble, April 15, 2019, 01:51:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phyllis

I'm off and running (well, in my case it is more like shuffling) again today.  I would very much like to discover a way to live and not eat.   ;D   But, until that happens, I have to go grocery shopping and before the rain comes in tonight and tomorrow.

Please have a good day and take care, Everyfriend.
phyllis
Cary,NC

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  I hope you all have a lovely day just as you wish it to be.  Mine will be busy!  I have to do a bit of cleaning in preparation for guests arriving tomorrow.  My cleaning dynamo didn't get here this week due to a house fire at her home.  No one was hurt but she lost just about everything.  I've talked to her and she will be resuming her cleaning schedule sometime but right now she has a lot on her plate.  I told her not to worry, just let me know when she's ready.  I also told her to allow me an extra hour here and there to play "catch-up". 

Her fire was on Mar. 27th but you don't recover from something like that overnight.  I just can't imagine what she's going through!

This will be a busy weekend.  Two daughters are coming and two granddaughters.  And the community Arts Festival is this weekend.  I think I'll beg off walking the streets for the exhibits with the kids.  You don't suppose I'm getting "old", do you? 

I guess I better get busy.  Enjoy your day whatever it brings.

P.S. to SANDY...There's a picture of FE in the column beside where I'm typing and she's so CUUUUTE! 

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone.the weather guesser is saying 49º and cloudy but I cal it foggy here,it is so thick can only see about 200 feet. hope it clears away I have a appointment at 9 A M at V A in KC MO. Have a great day as you like it everyone.

Lloyd

CallieOK

Good Morning,

Had to turn on the heat this morning.  Thermostat read 69*.  Brrr!

Yesterday was a fantastic day with both daughters-in-law.  Patio is full of bedding plants.  They will come back (with husbands :) ) on Sunday to plant pots on patio, planters in flower beds and fill in areas around perennials in flower beds.  Will be very colorful.....IF I can keep up my part!

Off to play Bridge today.

Wishing Everyfriend Everywhere an Enjoyable Day.

larryhanna

Hi everyone.  Our skies are overcast at the moment but expect a combination of sun and clouds during the day with it getting up close to 90 this afternoon.  Nothing planned for today other than rest as can hardly hold my head up this morning.  It might have something to do with my low blood pressure this morning of 80/52.  We did have a nice visit with Scott last night and he will be back late this afternoon.  The girls didn't come out as Jennifer has been suffering with migraine headaches and said she had a sore throat so was glad she didn't bring that out.

I read the postings from yesterday last night when I went to bed and just now those added since that time last night.  While I can think of several comments I could make I am going to beg off for today as just don't have the energy. Hope to feel better tomorrow.  It seemed I have a good day or two and then slam right back where I started or perhaps a little worse.

Denver

Good afternoon......I wrote a post earlier but got called away and now there is no sign of it.

We had a new house cleaner come in today.  Tried one about three weeks ago and she was no better than I can do, and that is NOT MUCH!  There were 3 ladies, and I am very pleased to say they did a wonderful job.  It is pricey, but it sure makes me feel good to know that my home is clean. 

We had a beautiful day yesterday and got the covers off of the patio furniture.  Unfortunately a squirrel or something got under the love seat and chewed apart three of my decorative pillows.  Thankfully there was only a couple of scratches on the cushions!  I even decided to buy a couple of color dishes of flowers which is a no no here before Mother's Day.....of course on the news last night they say we may have snow next week!  Gurrrr.

CALLIE, so happy your dil's are so good to you, coming in to plant your flowers for you.  How sweet. 

GLORIA, sure glad the eye drops helped your eyes. 

JANE, I am sorry to read about your cleaning duos fire in their home.  That is terrible. 

We are going to head out and get a bite to eat....ya know I am tired after watching my cleaning gals spiffy up my home!🤪🥰🥰

I hope you all enjoy the rest of your day.

Jenn
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

JaneS

My Texas daughter arrived at my Lewisburg daughter's home at about 3 p.m. and I got there about 3:10.  We spent the next 3 hours talking about anything and everything and doing a lot of reminiscing.  Then I came home to feed my doggies.  They were going to order pizza for supper from Cindy's (and Cathy's) favorite local pizza place.  I was invited to stay but the doggies would never have forgiven me.

I took tomorrow off so when they're ready to do "something" they'll call me and I'll join them.

Now I'm off to bed so I'll be ready for tomorrow's activities and for the arrival of daughter #3 who will arrive at my house around 7 tomorrow.  It's gonna be a busy weekend!

I wonder where Shirley is? 

Shirley

Thank you, Jane, for missing me, I really did think I'd checked in every day but the brain has been mush this week. My kids have been calling quite a bit to see how & what I'm going to do & I finally had to make a decision yesterday. I'm going to put off having the valve replaced for right now. Not at all pleased with being required to take a blood thinner that is messing with my brain AND my kidneys. Fixing the heart doesn't do a lot of good if the rest of the body falls apart to do it. I told the nurse (that you talk to because the doctor is too busy) that I would rather have one good year than a dozen being "that poor old lady sitting in the corner waiting to be fed". When you see a MAC truck coming right at you, doesn't take a rocket scientist to get out of the way, right?

When Mother was in the hospital because the doctor punctured her lung when putting in a pacemaker, she begged to not be given drugs. She had a number of issues with meds over the years. One of us stayed with her around the clock, when I arrived about 2:00 am I found a nurse coming out of her room with a shot needle. I asked what she was doing. She gave me a dirty look and put her chin in the air & said, "Doctor said I could give her something for pain". Words popped out of my mouth, "Did SHE ask for it?"  The nurse walked off. Her kidneys shut down that day but she lived 11 days with no kidney function, lucid to the end. Her veins were too fragile for dialysis. The nurse may as well have used a gun.

In a 1948 speech to the House of Commons, Churchill slightly changed the quote when he said (paraphrased), "Those who fail to learn from history are condemned to repeat it." and George Santayana-1905 said, "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." Not sure which version stuck in my mind, but I do remember the quote every day. Still had to Google to remember exact words & author.

I know I am hard headed but there really is "history" to remember in my case. Besides both parents ending up in the hospital because of reactions to meds, my 3 kids have each had their episodes of life threatening issues with being allergic. So that's what I've been doing... a lot of thinking.

Love getting to enjoy your visits with the kids, Jane, just oozes love & feel good days.

Anyway, need to get back to bed so I can get up early to unlock gates for mower.   ;) 

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone well it looks Like JaneS now day's puts us to bed and wakes all up every day.anyway she sure has me, it is 5:54 A M here and she has beat me here. well I got 7.5 hours shut eye last evening. according to my sleep Machine. It is 50º and clear here predicting 68 for high. late evening supposed to have a few clouds move in and tomorrow some real thunder boomers move in and up to 4" of rain. I hope it dose not come too hard and wash things away. Have a good day everyone.

Lloyd

JaneS

I'm so happy to "see" SHIRLEY this morning.  I went to bed with a prayer for you on my mind.  When you don't check in, we all worry....especially when we know you are dealing with a problem.  My day is off to a good start.

My Maryland daughter texted yesterday to ask if it would be all right if she brings her two doggies along.  I said it would be fine especially since it gets me out of vacuuming.  I'll wait until she leaves and then vacuum.  With two more dogs in the house, that makes sense, doesn't it?

I think Cindy (my computer expert) is going to spend some time with my computer this morning.  It sure does need some attention. 

I wish you all a lovely day.  Grab it and make it yours in every way.  SHIRLEY, it sounds like you've already grabbed it and made it yours. 

Good Morning LLOYD!  Be careful!

Amy

Good morning everyone..

Raining here and that is not helping the town! Plus to the west of us  some towns are in a state of emergency  and evacuating in some area.

Yesterday was a long tiring day but all went well for the MRI, now to wait for the results , which we should have by May 9th.

Meeting friends in town this morning to exchange items we bought for each out then home. When I gave my friend quilt tops yesterday she gave me more fabric plus a quilt to put the binding on so I may do that later.

Shirley, if it is a MAC it will stop, that is what my son drives. Hope you feel better. Hubby take Eliquis and hasn't any problems with that. He didn't wat to take coumadin so the Dr put him on the Eliquis .I think Gloria de takes it also but not sure.

Good morning Jane , have fun with your family...enjoy each moment.

Enjoy your day everyone.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

phyllis

I take Eliquis, too, and other than the high price, even with prescription insurance, I have had no trouble with it.  Perhaps bruising showed a bit more but nothing serious even with that.

Expecting rain again today with some wind, maybe.  Hope it won't be as severe as we had last week.

I hope it will be a good day for everyone.  Including me.  ;D
phyllis
Cary,NC

Mary Ann

I also take Eliquis and so far have felt no ill effects from it.  The only thing that bothers me is I cannot take aspirin for the infrequent headache I might have.  Tylenol just doesn't do it and I take the 650 pain type. 

I think we will have a dreary day but I'm not sure about rain.  Just no sun.

Mary Ann

Shirley

Thanks, girls, but I had heard & confirmed that Eliquis is not for people with the artificial (pig) valve. There is no reversal to any side effects, which is the problem with so many meds for me.... I am allergic to what is usually given for an allergic reaction (Benadryl & Prednisone). Got a problem that's hard to solve & know I have to decide what's best, not put the burden on a doctor. Sometimes scary... but live life to the hilt as long as I can.  :thumbup:  I do appreciate prayers, know that is the best meds! 

Mowers are here & almost done, need to go put locks back on the gates. Two of them working together this year so they can finish in about 20 minutes (includes load & unload equipment)... $40... think one said they did more than 20 yards yesterday so it counts up. Their equipment isn't cheap & needs repairs as hard as they use, but mowing is not their primary job. I did some trimming with my weed whip last night, found using it to keep the ivy from climbing the brick is easier than pulling the vine down when it gets to the roof! 

We have a cool start to the day & talking about rain most of next week, but I may take a run to MO for a day visit with my 93 year old brother & 88 year old sister (she & her husband live about 50 miles on the other side of KC). There is a nice woodsy campground "inside" KC (KC grew around it) with electric & other hook ups so makes it nice for me to drive after the sun is out of my eyes going east & spend the night at the campground, visit next day & back to the campground to drive home the following morning before the sun is too blinding. We can meet during the week when campground isn't crowded. My brother has a wonderful back yard to sit out in, his wife has surprised us at times with fixing lunch but my sister & I do take turns either bringing food or I take them all to a near by Panera Bread. Haven't checked to see how their week looks so no plans.

Gloria

Good morning everyone, raining again and of course it hits me with the dampness.
I have called a few times about my new glasses, been 3 weeks, always busy so left a call back request. Finally got through and the glasses are ready. They better be good or they will get the brunt of my temper for not calling me to tell me they were ready. Will have to call my son that lives close to see if he can take me to get them tomorrow morning. CNA comes at noon and after that I will be too tired for anything.

Hope the sun is shining for all of you.
Have a good day.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

larryhanna

Hi Everyone.  We are supposed to have a cloudy and light rain morning and then this afternoon it is to clear out and we will have some wind.  We will get only into the high 70's today.  Yesterday was another lost day for me in that I was up only 2 hours in the morning and then 3 hours around supper time.  I wasn't sleeping during this time but too weary to stay up and spent the hours with my eyes closed and listening to my audio book.  I am hoping today will be better but still pretty weary.  I plan on spending 2 hours here in my office as have some things that I would like to get done or at least start on.  I don't have anything I need to leave the house for until next Tuesday when I have another doctor's appointment.  Scott was here again yesterday afternoon late and spent a few hours with us.  He helped his mother in the kitchen in fixing the mac and cheese with ham in the Instant Pot and it was delicious.

While I don't feel up to trying to make comments to everyone I will try to offer a few comments today.  I read all the comments since I posted yesterday before I got up this morning using my iPhone.

Jane, having your three daughters there at the same time sounds wonderful and glad you took a day off to enjoy the long weekend with them.  I know these are special times. 

Shirley, I understand your thinking and hope you will have many more years.  I did the same thing when my doctor encouraged me about 8 years ago to try again for a heart transplant.  At that time I made the decision not to pursue that route again and have never regretted it.  I think I have mentioned before going through the heart transplant protocol but when all the paperwork got to Birmingham, Alabama where the procedure would be done if my name ever came up on the list where a heart was available they immediately turned it down as I had developed the prostate cancer and would have to be clear of it for 5 years before considering it again due to have to kill the immune system.  Since the prostate cancer did return it was obvious that not all of the cells had been destroyed in the treatment I had.  I have never regretted the decision and enjoyed another 8 years where I could be relatively active before this year when the bottom has dropped out.  I do encourage you to find help with your housekeeping as I know Jane and now Jenny has done and with all of your yard work although I know you have help mowing and spend your time enjoying the things you enjoy doing.  I know this isn't any of my business but it has been my experience and I care about you as I do all of my cyber friends. 

Amy, I have never taken Eliquis as tolerate the Plavix well along with the baby aspirin everyday to keep my blood thin.  Glad the MRI went well for your hubby.

Sandy

Good Morning Everyone,  from the
overcast, and sometimes rainy, 
rocky coast of Maine!

I have had strokes because of my Afib,
and depend on blood thinners
(Coumadin) to live and
prevent more strokes.

Shirley ...  We all have to make decisions
about how we are to be treated as we age.

And the blessing is,  some of us are still
able to make those decisions for our selves...

I wish you well and give you credit for
doing what you believe is correct for you. 

HUGS   

Sandy

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

Lloyd Hammond

well I am going to bid you all goodnight and sweet dreams. thanks for the well wishes. Hope to see you all tomorrow.

Lloyd

Shirley

It has been a busy day around here. I finally called the cardio's nurse that has known me for nearly 30 years & explained my problem of being rushed into valve work without me having any say & what an issue I have had with Plavix. She said I should give the "other" blood thinner, Brilinta, a try, they had samples if I could come pick up. She also asked me to tell the lady at the desk to let her know when I got there. I was greeted & put in one of the "stations" like a normal visit, nurse came & we had a long talk & then my old doctor friend came and "handled things". He listened to my problems & fears and we made a plan. I would try the Brilinta & let him know Monday if side effects, would see me in 4 weeks for follow up of the stents & cath... and we would put off talk of the valve job until mid summer (after my trip to the mountains). He still thinks it will be necessary to replace the original pig valve to live a full life. He assures me that he will get me off the blood thinner in months, not years. There is no question that if my body rejects any of the meds I will stop taking. It is frightening to have so many side effects from one little pill and I thought the only one was the bleeding! 

Larry, I appreciate your input, you have been dealing with heart issues for a long time & in my opinion, have done a great job of keeping yourself in the best possible shape.

Sandy, you are the "free spirit" that has amazed me how well you adjusted to a completely different life from what you had a few short years ago. I am dead serious, your acceptance of leaving the road to find happiness and satisfaction, accepting even giving up your drawing.... I am speechless and realize I am not letting loose of my freedom nearly as gracefully. For sure, it takes lots of strength to do what you have done. Sincere compliment.....

Every Friend in here has been an inspiration.  Mary Ann, you never complain, you take life that "happens" and find the good. If there was ever a real Pollyanna, she must have been your ancestor.

Each one of you offer the rest of us something to admire and sort of lean on. I can't imagine not having this group of friends in my life.

So here we are, the Class of 2019.... Three Cheers!!! The Over the Hill Gang Rides On!

Good night, Lloyd, you slipped in while I was typing.

Denver

Good evening. 

Getting ready to watch our Colorado Avalanche (hopefully) beat the San José Sharks!

I just got a feed saying they have just opened I 70 in both directions after the horrible crash there last night. 

GLORIA, I do hope you will be able to get your new glasses tomorrow morning. 

It sure is good to see your post, SHIRLEY.  I am sorry you continue to have the negative effects from the medicine the doctor wants you to take.  I can certainly understand your being cautious of drugs after the experience your family has dealt with over the years.  Good to read that you got someone in to mow for you.  I worry about you as you just will not rest!

JANE, enjoy your time with your girls!

Just found out our oldest grandson has strep throat....that poor family can not get a break. 

I wish you all a good night of rest.  I do not think I am going to be able to watch the whole hockey game tonight....my eyes are wanting to close now💤💤💤

Jenn
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Lloyd Hammond

well I woke up with a dry mouth, so got up and got a can of V8 and made it do for the other half of the water change/is 3:13 am and back to bed for me. Hope to see you all after while.

Lloyd

Gloria

Good morning everyone, wow did it pour during the night, We have had 19 days with rain this month, 11th wettest April since keeping records started. We have rain in the forecast for today and tomorrow. Yuck. My son will take me to get my new glasses this morning. They did not even let me know they were in. They told me 10 days but it has been almost 3 weeks. I finally called yesterday and they said they had been ready over a week. Grrrr.

LARRY  my parents and 2 brothers had bad hearts and one brother had the pacemaker for years, he had 25%of his heart working for quite a few years.

SHIRLEY  glad you called your nurse friend. Sounds like this doctor you saw was thinking more about how you feel than the other one. I feel at times doctors do not listen or care what is bothering us.

JENNY  I saw about that crash on TV and to think the 18 wheel driver who caused that crash is alive when so many killed and were hurt. Hope they throw the book at him. My oldest son was on the verge oh rheumatic fever from a strep throat. The doctor we had, a good ole GP, was at the house every morning at 7 to check him out for well over a week, even Sunday. He was in 4th grade and the teacher sent home work for him because he was getting bored and he liked school I was told to keep him in bed and not let him get on his feet at all. I would carry him to the living room in the morning to watch TV and carry him to the bathroom. No after effects and his heart is good.

LLOYD  did you know that Act has a new mouthwash for dry mouth? I got some last week and it has helped my dry mouth. I don't snore and my tongue would be stuck to the roof of my mouth when I woke up. No fun there.

Better get to the shower, my son is picking me up at 9 and it takes me a long time getting dressed these days.
Have a great day everyone.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Amy

Good morning everyone..

Woke up to s  n  o  w but it isn't much and it won't stay. No dances today with it.

Laundry day and I want to go to the hardware store, they have collapsible containers that are just great for the back of the vehicle. When I get groceries etc they can sit in the basket and just bring the whole container in the house.

Gloria, happy to read your new glasses are ready..

Slept in and behind again..

Enjoy your day everyone.. 
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Joy

Good Saturday morning.  It is a pretty sunny morning, but still a little chilly. I could have pushed the thermostat up a little bit, but didn't.  I have not switched over to the A/C yet.   I am sitting here in my winter robe and shivering a little bit. 

I have been missing for a couple days.  Just nothing interesting happening.

Gloria, I will have to look into that mouthwash you mentioned.   I wake up in the morning feeling like I have a mouthful of cotton.  I am a mouth-breather and it is really a terrible feeling. 

Shirley, I hope you can get your meds straightened out.  I remember you talking about how so many meds are not good for you.  I take Eliquis, but have not had any problems with it.  And, I got a good price from Humana,  but I did get a message that I will soon be in that donut hole.  Not sure what they means yet.  Just will have to deal with whatever it costs.

Jenny, I continue to remember your DIL in my prayers. 

Amy, glad that your snow  didn't amount to much. 

Larry,  hope you will have a better day today.  I can imagine how frustrated you are with feeling so tired all the time.  Hope that you doctor's appointment next week will give you some new answers.  It is always just good to see you make an appearance. 

I need to get myself moving.  I am expecting a grocery order around noon.  So, still have to get dressed and straighten up a bit.

Hope everyone will have a great day.

Joy
BIG BOX

phyllis

It is a beautiful day here with no rain expected. I will really enjoy it. 

I have no plans other than just general "puttering" around the house and to make sure I have all the ingredients to put together Chicken Caprese for dinner tomorrow.

I have Humana, too, Joy, and it is a big help.  However, my next re-fill order will put me into the donut hole, too, so I will have to pay more for a 90 day supply.  Eliquis costs put me in the "hole" every year.  I'm not happy about that but the doctor insists that I need to keep taking it.

Watched a little hockey last night....the Carolina Hurricanes are doing well....a little golf from New Orleans...a beautiful golf course there except for the alligators !!.... and the last episode of "Bosch" before going to bed and having a good night's sleep.  All is well, thank goodness.

Hope all of you will have a good day.
phyllis
Cary,NC

Joy

Phyllis,  I have been with Humana now for a good while, and there are two medicines that I don't  have to pay anything.   I just started Eliquis back in Sept.  so this will be the first time, that I have hit the donut-hole.  The doctor had told me that they get samples a lot of times,  but the nurse said it is not very often.  She did give me a place where she  said might be able to give it to me a little cheaper, but because I have Medicare D,   I didn't qualify for any kind of a discount.   So, I guess I will just have to pay the additional amount. I still feel like Humana is the right plan for me.   Several other meds I take  are not expensive at all. 

Joy
BIG BOX

Lloyd Hammond

well I am a vet. and get all my meds. from V A and I think they are too free with them. you tax paying pay for mien. sometimes I think I should throw them away, but still love living  loving and teasing you all so keep on taking them. 60º and parley sunny saying 62 is the high today.

Lloyd

Mary Ann

The company I retired from handles my medical insurance so besides Medicare, I have Aetna as my secondary insurance.  I get a 3-month supply of any of my prescribed meds  and one of them is Eliquis.  I am not unhappy with the costs and the part I pay is billed to my credit card.  My prescriptions come from Express Script.  I've been taking Eliquis for five years now and I've never heard anything about the donut hole; I wonder if I'm too old to be affected.  I have heard of the donut hole problem, just not for me.

I looked at radar on the computer and saw snow all around us but none in Michigan's lower peninsula.  I hope it stays away all day as we're going to celebrate my birthday today (my birthday was Tuesday).  Plans have been changed for that because the country club did not call Tom back so we are going to another restaurant that I know Tom, Dot and I all like.  Tom will let some of the guests know about the change.

I too read about the horrible accident in Colorado.  It reminded me of a similar accident north of Grand Rapids a few years ago when everyone was stopped for some reason and a semi came along, did not slow down and rammed into several cars, killing several people.

Jenny, I'm sorry to hear of your grandson's strep throat.  It's good that you have a doctor in the family, but I think your family has enough to dwell with and you don't need more!

Mary Ann

larryhanna

Hi Everyone.  We are going to have a gorgeous day here in South Carolina with clear skies and a high into the low 80's.  It was so nice yesterday that I spend an hour or more sitting on our front porch yesterday afternoon as it was in the mid to high 70's with a nice wind.  I did have a good day yesterday and hope for the same today although my shower and getting dressed left me very weary and by the time I got to the kitchen I couldn't keep my head up again until I sat down and rested.  Pat mentioned getting a hair cut today and if I am up to it I may go with her as I sure need a haircut.

Sandy, I agree it is a blessing when we are still able to make our own decision as only we know what is best for us. 

Shirley, glad you contacted your old cardio doctor and hope the Brilinta works for you and he has helped you work out a plan.  At least you have a second opinion on the valve replacement.  Thanks for you kind comment about dealing with my heart issues.  I liked your "Over the Hill Gang Rides On!

Gloria, they are saying on the weather that South Carolina is now considered in a drought situation.  That surprises me since we had so much rain during the Spring. It is time you all got some good weather. My ejection factor is now between 20 and 25% whereas normal is in the 50% range.  It sounds like you had a very caring doctor when your four grader old had strep throat and that you took exceptional care of him.  I will have to tell Pat about the new Act mouthwash as she has terrible dry mouth and keeps a bottle of water by her bed every night.

Amy, for many years we kept cardboard boxes in our car truck to put groceries in as the truck was very deep.  We now use the grocery totes and the nice employees that bring our grocery order out to the car will put the items in the bags for us.

Phyllis, nice to see you are also having beautiful weather.  I am not sure what Chicken Caprese  and don't think I have ever eaten it.  Fortunately we don't have a donut hole in our health insurance. In the past we watched a lot of the Bosch episodes and I have read or listened to several of the books as well. 

Lloyd, I have a big handful of pills to take each morning and four at dinner time.  Finally my current cardiologist suspended me taking a couple others or greatly reduced the dosage. Keep taking your pills as we want you around for a long time.

Carol

Nothing accomplished today and that includes several hours of my work on my old black Singer Featherweight sewing machine.  I cannot get the light bulb to stay in place and finally fixed the bobbin thread.  Amy knows what I am fretting about...

Jenny:  I think of you and Bob and your family - the concerns with your DIL - so young for this health problem.  Hugs to you and Bob.

The killer truck driver was arrested right away as he deliberately turned into all the traffic.  He was driving 90 miles per hour and this was on the grass area off the highway - speeding going downhill on one of the most dangerous road areas in the country. 

Belated Happy Birthday to all celebrating this month.