Random Image

Lesson 25

Owner: phyllis
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:51:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe Week of July 3

Started by JoanFL, July 03, 2016, 05:19:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

June Drabek

I have had such a lazy, quiet day, I am bored with myself. Finished another book, and my eyes are saying, "enough all ready".

Hal I had maybe four of those field of vision tests. I thought they were a waste of time and money. The best thing I did for my eyes was to have the cataracts removed, and I still do well with no glasses, except for fine print. I feel there is too much testing done on us in most all areas of our bodies. Unless we are in real pain or other uncontrolled things, I prefer to let nature have it's way with me. Of course I have had 91 years to arrive at this conclusion, but I feel God has measured out what He wants for us, so I will enjoy life day by day.

Bis, I have learned ! This body is telling me, USE YOUR WALKER !! And I am and I will. I am tired of hospitalization, so will act my age. Still intend to dance with my walker though.

Jackie, when I lie down on the floor, I get down on my hands and knees, and slowly turn over on my back and lay straight, then turn back to hands and knees, give a push with hands and stand up. It works for me.

I just had a surprise visit from my dearest Dori. What a delight it was to have her here. She had purchased a new matching frame for one of my pictures, and she brought a hanger for my Calendar by my desk. She sees things that need doing and she jumps right in and does them for me. What a blessing she is.

Time for me to rest. If I don't get back, have a peaceful night. I'm sending Love, Hugs and prayers to all. June
As long as we are here, let's dance.

junee

Mary Ann

Yes, when it gets to Summer, about Christmas time we go for a pleasant drive not far away specially for peaches.
I know you have wonderful cherries in Michigan but we have to wait till they arrive in city markets.
Please remember me to Dot and d o hope she is keeping well.
Remember well our stay at Grand Haven and. Meeting with Norm and Dot and pat Scott.

June D
Have tried all those positions in trying to get up but nothing worked so I just work hard at not falling.

Denver,
My son brought back the most wonderful photos from your part of the world so I can imagine w hat you are looking at now.
I loved the snow sitting on the fir trees.

Vanilla-Jackie

Jenny, ha ha, forget my home, where you are now, sounds better....I would sure come and join you like a shot, if only I could....
" There is no present like the time "

JoanFL

Good Saturday morning, Everyfriend.   There's breakfast tacos to accompany your coffee or tea. I wish everyone a good day!!

:smitten:

CHUCKLES

Window Seats

At the airport check-in counter, a man overheard a woman ask for window seats for both herself and her husband. The clerk pointed out that this would prevent them from sitting together.

"Sweetie," the woman replied, "I've just spent 10 days of quality time in a compact rental car with this man. I know what I'm requesting!"

Food For Thought

One Soul At a Time
(By Rev. Eric McGrath)

Believers have a mission,
And it's very clear to see,
That we don't have to look that far,
Or travel over land and sea.
There's a mission field outside our door,
Just waiting to hear from you and me.
We're called to take our land back,
One soul at a time.

Some people think that government,
It's their responsibility.
Or else it belongs to the school,
To set our morality.
But the Lord has another plan,
And it involves you and me.
One soul at a time.

Only Jesus can provide the hope,
That this land needs so bad.
At one time there were lots of folks,
Deep faith in God they had.
But times sure are different now,
They call for all of us to stand.
One soul at a time.

One soul at a time,
Is the plan that Jesus gave.
He called us when He left our world,
Gave us victory o'er the grave.
It wasn't neon lights and glitter,
But the good old gospel saves.
We're to take our land back,
One soul at a time.

Thought of the Day

“The way people treat you, is a statement about who they are as a human being.  It is not a statement about you.”

- Author Unknown

:smitten:

Click for Melbourne, Florida Forecast

Amy

Good morning.

Had a dandy storm over night and I woke to the sound of more thunder and rain :thumbup: Now I have to go around and set all the clocks,a small price to pay for all this wonderful rain!!

Hal,thank you, he seems to be doing alright..just taking it one day at a time.

Jenny, that does sound like a beautiful spot to be in...will grab a few quilts and join you.

June,everyone needs a lazy day now and then. Once my "chores" get done this morning my day is going to be a lazy one. I hope to finish all the flying geese I am doing for a quilt.

Jackie, good morning.Enjoy your day..

Gloria, yes we are finished, so far so good here now and I hope it stays that way. He has to go to another Dr. on the 12th for a different matter. Never ending here.

Joan, thank you for breakfast.

Enjoy your day everyone.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JoanFL

Good morning, Amy.  I sure wish I could awaken to the sound of thunder and rain.
We need the rain so bad.  Glad your husband is doing OK.

larryhanna

Hi everyone.  We are in for another 100 degree day if not higher.  Yesterday afternoon our new weather station showed it was 106 degrees on the back patio and that is in the shade.  We did go out yesterday morning and got some fresh South Carolina peaches from a farm stand several miles from us.  Yesterday afternoon I moved our insurance package to COSTCO insurance  It was not a big savings but over $100 so felt it was worth doing.  That was about it for yesterday. My plan for today is to get our main meal for the day at noontime so that Pat doesn't have to cook on her birthday.  I will make a quick stop at Aldi's as there is a small appliance they have that Pat would like to have to chop up vegetables.  I plan on staying in where it is cool the rest of the day. 

Joan, the fourth of the little birds had left the next by about 10 am yesterday.  I guess it was just a bit timid about that solo flight.  There is no sign of them at the nest this morning and no mess to clean up from them.  There is another next at the other end of the porch and there is one baby bird still in it and think only one hatched in that nest. 

Amy, glad your husband was able to go through with his appointment even if the power was off.    I see you did have a storm last evening.  Hope you are able to enjoy a lazy day today.

June, it sounds like a good thing for you to do to always use your walker. That is a good Life Line feature that isn't available on the one that Stacey and Scott's wife used.  Glad you are getting such good care.

Hal, I have the same thought about whether some of the medical appointments are really necessary.  However, they want us to stay as well as possible and detect problems or changes as quickly as possible.  I fear that this police shooting situation is just going to escalate and attacks on innocent white skinned people.  This constant news coverage of these situations with the same thing played over and over cannot be a good thing. 

Jackie, even though the bath panel wasn't the color you had ordered it sounds like you will be pleased with it.  Nice the installer was willing to cut the door off for you as compensation for the mistake.  Were you able to move the big desk for the carpet installation?  I use an office chair with arms on it to prevent having the chair slide out from under me. 

Jenny, that must be tough duty having to dog sit in Vail.  :)  Years ago we went to Colorado for a vacation and spent one night in Vail.  It was summer but so comfortable up there.  I do remember there was no TV in the unit we stayed in. Glad that root canal is behind Bob and there is minimal pain.  We also prefer to eat out at noontime and avoid the larger portions and larger prices at night.   

Gloria, tree ripened fruit is so much better than most bought in the stores.  However, some stores do purchase produce grown in the area.

halkel

Good Morning Everyone!

Amy, like Joanie, wish we could get a nice rain shower.  And like Larry our temp are right at 100 degrees and no relief in site.   But that is normal in Texas in the summer.  That old summertime high just moves in and sits on us, which gave you that nice rain.

Ah, Joanie, you poem this morning.  If only we would practice what was given, one soul at a time.

Nothing planned today.  Stay in under the a/c and watch some TV.

Jackie, pet the pup for me.

Larry, don't know what the outcome of all this will be.  I heard some of an interview Jesse Jackson gave to BBC yesterday, he, of course, blamed Donald Trump for all the problems.  Go figure.  No one, it seems, just wants to live their life and let others live there's.  I saw an ad on TV yesterday about some company that can find all kinds of free things.  People, I guess, actually believe things can be free.  Sigh.

JoanFL

Where's Janie?  I hope she is OK.

Good morning, Larry.  Usually there are a couple nests by my house, and I love to watch them,  his year, however, I haven't seen a single one.  Weatherguesser this morning said this is the 19th consecutive day of above average temp and humidity.  Happy Birthday to Pat.

halkel--Good morning.  Weather here same as yours.  I'm not going out--that's for sure.

Gloria

Good morning everyone,  a gloomy day here, expecting rain on and off all week end. Oh well they cannot all be good and like many areas we need the rain.

JUNEE  there are many here who use the rolators and one who needs to use hers but her pride stops her from using it. Foolish. A nice fresh local peach is so good.

JENNY  oh boy you make me long to be where you are right now. Looks like a place where you and Bob can have a good rest there after all the baby sitting you have been doing. Any pictures? You know me and those are the only way I can travel these days. When my daughter and her family took me to Arizona I could not see enough of the wide open spaces and forests and mountains. Good memories. Glad I took a lot of pictures, especially of Sedona.

HAL  I have had that eye test but never know what it was called.

JUNE  it has been years since I fell and even then I could not get myself up.

JOAN  Window Seats sure brought a chuckle from me. One Soul at a Time is a keeper. Thank you for all today's goodies.

AMY  my prayers with your DH and you that you have a break from doctors and driving so much.

LARRY  with your temperature if I had to go out for anything it would be early then home to stay where it is cooler. I loved going to my favorite farm for fresh produce in season. That fresh always tastes better.

HAL  I would not believe anything Jesse Jackson says.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Vanilla-Jackie

Good Saturday afternoon......our today weather is dry and cooler with less sun, but for me, very pleasant... just a nice off jacket, yet sleeved cardigan weather.....On my suggestion we took both dogs in the car towards Weymouth beach, to a country park cum, tourist attraction which covers about everything....this place is called Lodmoor Country park...only you wouldn't know the place was there almost opposite side of the road a very picturesque woodland type dog walk, the main part is a tourist attraction which has just about everything suitable for family with children....sealife, go -karts....surprising just how much is going on....We had a very enjoyable 1 & a half hours there...For the first time we used my Blue Badge, displaying it on the car dashboard.....The disabled car parking is near tp the main family entertainment opening, we had to walk a bit outside then round a corner to the opening of the vast wooded area, no disabled parking bays were there, but my walking was not so bad, in fact both myself and Benji ( R kept Benji and Toby on lead ) done quite a walk, before turning back before e got ourselves lost....we just kept to the path...this is a walk we will do again....I had my trusted rollator with me this time, although I could have managed with just my stick today....The rollators basket is handy for carrying camera....I took some photos and as soon as the camera battery recharges I shall post a " photopeach " clip....link....

JoanFL

Good morning, Gloria.  So many folks are getting rain--sure wish some would come our way.  Thanks for your kind acknowledgements.

Vanilla-Jackie--What a nice walk you had with the dogs and in such a lovely place.  I'll be looking for the photos.

Still no Janie.  Now I am really worried.

JaneS

I'm here!  Just not feeling very sociable today.  Physically fine.  Mentally punk!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Vanilla-Jackie

PhotoPeach clip of our today dog walk....last photo is of two very happy dogs....Link....

http://photopeach.com/album/64enjw

June Drabek

It's Sat. morning, cloudy and cool. Had a great sleep, woke feeling new and refreshed. At 2:30 a.m. I was awakened by my pretty nurse to take a b.p. check. Went right back to sleep till 7 a.m. At 8:30 I was about to eat my breakfast, and another nurse came in to do a b.p. check…they both read about the same…mid 150's, which is a good reading for me.

Junee, you are very wise my friend…if we don't fall, we don't have to find a way to stand up. I will keep that in mind. I'm so glad you had the opportunity to come to America and meet some of our dear friends here. I have never been a "traveler", so have missed out seeing face to face those of you I live with here every day.  I do love your Avatar Junee.

Amy, I'm glad you are taking a day off. God gave you a good opportunity to do for YOU for a change, rain is essential. Flying geese sounds beautiful. Something to dream about.

Larry, I hope Pat has a very happy Birthday, and I'm sure she will, you are a very thoughtful husband, and friend to many. I think the walker will be a close friend for the rest of my life. I have no warning that I am going to fall…it just happens, but will be hard to do while grasping the handles of the walker. With four wheels, the Walker is pretty stationary.

Time to move my bones around and get the bed made, etc. See you later. June

JoanFL

Janie--Thanks for checking in.  I was worried about you.  I think we all have those mentally "punk" days occasionally.

Vanilla-Jackie--Thanks for the link.  Loved see your doggies and the place you walked them.

June--They sure take good care of you there and are carefully monitoring your BP.  Glad you will ALWAYS be using your rollator.

Sandy

Good Afternoon, Everyone
from the cool and damp (rainy)
rocky coast of Maine.   

All is well here, just a lazy day ...
I think that I will have some pizza for a
late lunch.

Sandy
:coolsmiley:
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

JeanneP

Jackie. That does look like a great park. Has something for everyone. Nice flat roads and walks. Even if you used your walker the concrete is perfect shape. Bet the dogs enjoyed it also.
JeanneP

Joy

Jackie,, really enjoyed your walk though the park.  Looked like it was very even pavement to walk on.   And, nice to see the doggies, also.  I have to use a walker and some places I would like to go to, the walking ways are not that easy to navigate.  Hope you get to go again soon.

Joy
BIG BOX

Vanilla-Jackie

Jeanne P, Joan, Joy, to see our Benji today you wouldn't believe that we was so near to ending his life this time last week, I am so so glad it didn't come to that, and we never made the biggest mistake of our lives...

Oh yes we kept to the path, the path led off in some different directions further on, I was hoping the path we were on was a circular walk, although doubt I would have made it that far if the circle had been too wide....

JoanFL

Sandy--Do you make your pizza from scratch?

Hi JeanneP. and Joy.

Vanilla-Jackie--I think you did great on your walk.

Sandy

JoanFl,
I do not make  my own pizza...
Instead I heat up a "DiGiorno's traditional crust
pizza  (single serving size) ...  I am
getting lazy in my old age, so I fill
my freezers with goodies that are
easy to prepare.     
:tup:
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

angelface555

Sandy, I make up easy pizza crusts ahead of time and freeze them. Then you can make your own  with individual toppings. I had one yesterday with sausage, gorgonzola cheese. orange and red peppers and cherry tomatoes. If you also make some condiments ahead of time and freeze them, you can make mini pizzas anytime and know what's and what's not in them such as extra sugar, salt, and various chemicals.

JoanFL

Sandy--That's easy enough.:)

angelface--You are much more ambitious than I am.

angelface555

Joan, it is not so much ambitious as lazy.  ;)  I spend a couple of hours once or twice a month, freeze in one or two cup servings and meals are a simple matter of picking one or two frozen items and assembling dinner in less than twenty minutes. Many types of meat can cook overnight in the slow cooker, toss out skin and bones in the morning and you have several cups of meat.

Butter, milk, eggs and cheese can all be frozen.

JoanFL

Angelface--I guess we just have different ways of preparing meals.[/size]

June Drabek

We have had another beautiful day in Stanton. Nice clean fresh breezes. Got a few chores done,like returning and picking up a fresh supply of books, and ordering another card of vitamins from our clinic, having a great lunch with new friends and taking half of it home for supper tonight. Of course a good long nap, writing a check for church tomorrow, and tonight I intend to go down for a program, The Golden Classics. It's an Andre Riu DVD.

Gloria

JOAN  I always enjoy your morning posts.

JACKIE  glad you had a good day. You were smart to take your rollator.

JANE hope you felt mentally better as the day went on. 

JACKIE  glad you had a good time at that park.

PATRICIA  I used to make all my own TV meals but nave not got the strength to do it anymore. How do you freeze eggs? I have often wonder if they could be frozen.

Tonight will need a blanket on the bed, no fan either. It is pretty cool and very damp.
Have a good night.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

June Drabek

Gloria, I too wondered about freezing eggs, so I googled it. Yes, you can  but I think it is not for me. I do not have freezer space .

JaneS

I make 2 different egg casseroles that I freeze and I make up my own egg McMuffin and freeze them.

Gloria, I do feel a bit better after having worked out some things today.  And after a few hugs from family and friends.  Thank you for asking.

I'm going to be off to bed a bit early tonight so I'll say...

Good Night Everyfriend.  Sweet dreams pursue you and may God bless us every one!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast