Random Image

birches

Owner: Beverly
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:12:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for MAY 15,2019

Started by so_P_bubble, May 14, 2019, 11:02:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lindancer

Bubble, I guess I have learned something to day. I do not think of you having a lot of trees. I do not not what has happen to my size for printing

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

Shirley

Bubble, I do so enjoy your explainations of "your" land and traditions. Such a shame the whole world is not as happy to take care of their part. Nice way to show love, to plant trees (and be sure the money really goes where intended). Seems like everyone living there takes pride in the land and the people.

We are so privileged that each person in here shares their lives with the rest of us, to learn "how to", or what works and what doesn't.  We all have such different lives and yet so similar.

Well!!!! Time for me to get off the computer & pay attention to the weather. We had at least 2" of rain in maybe half an hour, the pool is running over & rain gauge about half full (can't read it from here). I emptied it last evening so this is all today's water. Twice the power has gone out (love resetting all those clocks) & phones went out but power back on & think the phones are. I need more sleep!  ::)  Mother Nature is working over time today!  Callie.... gulp-gulp!

JaneS

I'm ready for Dreamland!  I wish you all dry if you're too wet; water if you need it; love in your life; and strength to meet the challenges in life.

JENNY, my kids are in your city tonight.  I don't know where they're staying but they flew in this afternoon.  They were really looking forward to this vacation!

LARRY, thanks for checking in...you too, GloriaDe

I'm ready for bed tonight.  God bless us, every one!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Denver

Posting late tonight.....

We had sunshine today and it was wonderful❣️

JANE, I thought about your family arriving today and smiled as I knew they were going to be happy to arrive in the Mile High City.  The weather is to be nice tomorrow for the wedding and will continue to be on Memorial Day, however some storms will be moving in Monday late afternoon.  I hope it will not be too bad of a storm for your family to have to deal with💞 so happy to read that your neighbor got your area roto tilled for you.  That will be so helpful for your daughter to be able to get started in your yard. 

Did anyone happen to watch the Farrah Fawcett special on TV last night?  I recorded it and watched it tonight.  My sister-in-law went to school with her in Corpus Cristy TX. Just a side light.  Sadly, her story is a bit too close to our Michele's situation and I have to admit it left me feeling very sad, but it sure gave a good insight into what a cancer patient goes through.

Today was the last day of school for our grands.....not sure what all will have to be done, but you all know we WILL be there to do what ever is needed to keep our kiddos busy and let their mamma rest.

SHIRLEY, I enjoyed seeing the pictures of your path to the river, yard and pool.  I have to admit I do miss not having my own pool in my yard, but I do not miss the expense and the work required when you do have one. 

AMY, that is a mighty nice looking BIG stack of wood!  I wish we could all pop in and help you stack it neatly🤣🤣 I loved the picture of Babe and Jesse......I had no idea they look alike.....

BUBBLE, also enjoyed the pictures of your family.  Your Grandson, Avivi is really getting big. 

CALLIE, we have been keeping a close eye on your state with the concerning weather conditions and for the rest also in the path.  Glad you are keeping safe so far🙏  I know it is hard for many to believe that the Arkansas Rive is  merely a small creek here in the mountains where it begins🙀

Pleasant dreams to EVERYFRIEND.

Jenny

🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Amy

Good morning everyone..

We may get rain and a storm today. Just hope we can finish doing the wood. We piled 2 1/2 cords yesterday and took a break from it around noon. I did take my vehicle in but they phoned and said the wrong part came in. The owner came to collect me and said to bring it back on Mon and they will finish the work on it.  While out I picked up more canning jars ,Jane tis that time of year . Will do some strawberry rhubarb jam down.

Today is finish the wood and laundry but we shall see what the weather says first.

Bubble, mercy that is hot.....hope you have a/c or a nice big fan!! I dislike hearing about forest fires as so much is destroyed and lost forever.  Glad to read you are in a safe area.

Jenny, thank you tis less than half the pile now and today should see it neatly stacked up waiting for this winter.  I hope it waits a long time :)

Jane, did you get all your planting done? Lots of work but fantastic results in the end.

Roley, you have a lot of work ahead of you. Moving  is not fun, gathering and packing things up but a new home is exciting. New home , new friends and much easier for both of you to maintain.

Larry, hope today is a much better day for you. You are wise to rest when you can, much better on your body.

Joy, we have a wee fire on in the morning just to take the chill away.

Phyliss,I am not looking forward to the 90 ° + weather, on those days I hope I can stay inside in the cool house.

Better get going ,laundry won't start on its own :(

Enjoy your day everyone.

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Amy

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY weekend.

Safe travelling for those on the highways this weekend.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  It's not raining yet today but it's supposed to start later in the day.  I sure wish I could save some of for midsummer when we really NEED it!

AMY, the planting won't be done until Christy can come up from Maryland again  She's bringing some things from a friend who has too much in her yard and then we'll go buy some "fill-ins" together.  It's nice to have the gardening help but the real gift in all this and what I'm truly enjoying is the company of my daughter!

So far this morning, I've fed the dogs, had breakfast and started the dishwasher.  I'm thinking about a couple of other things to do but not sure which way that will go.  Day before yesterday, I did a lot of laundry and took the last load out at 8:30 p.m.  It landed on the bed in the spare room and when I started to put it away the next morning, I ended up changing summer shirts and pants or winter ones.  That took some time but I decided that I DO NOT NEED ANY MORE TEE SHIRTS for the rest of my life.

I'm thinking this might be a good day to get the weed whacking done before the rain comes.  It's beautiful and sunshiny right now.  I wish you all some sunshine in your lives.  Have a lovely day!

Lloyd Hammond

Good morning everyone. I am batching for last night and most of the day Nancy went with Louisa down to there place down by Wheatland. I have spent the last short while reading yesterdays post. as usual already lost most ,my short term memory. But JaneS I think a good friendly neighborly Hug would be in place for the good neighbor's good gesture. Have a great day everyone.

Lloyd

Lloyd Hammond

JaneS I am with you but god knows what is best for us,he will have his way and that is alright with me, but the rain an sun off and on Makes the grass and trees grow. top of the day to you. it is 65º and partly cloudy calling for high of 78º and partly sunny.

Lloyd

Gloria

Good morning everyone, supposed to be a good week end here, hope it is rain free for a change. Rain in the forecast for overnight tonight, hope that will be it. Have a new burglar in Providence. Robbing gas stations wearing first a Mickey mouse mask and now a bunny mask. One man was shot but is OK. What next will happen these days. Sad world we live in. 

PHYLLIS  my son will be installing my AC later today. Then let the humidity come back and I will have it running. So far even with all the rain it has been cool enough to have the heat on for a short time to get the dampness out. Surprised the heat has not been  shut off for the summer yet.

JANE  my older son was busy this week till his garden  to plant. His family just got home after almost 3 week away on a trip to Hawaii. Even my little great grandson was on that trip.

JOY  would be a wonder if we do get a good weekend for a change. When I was waiting for an apartment here I was hoping for one in the back facing north and into the woods instead I am in the front facing the parking lot. and the sun at it's  hottest part of the days and on the top floor. At lest no noise over my ceiling. Heard we are to be close to 90 on Monday.

BUBBLE  bad enough when Mother Nature starts a fire but incendiary balloons are horrible. Takes a sadist to send those  over and ruining crops and perhaps people and their homes. It has been awhile since we had temperatures that hit 100° and over.

PETER  so good to see your post this morning, you have been missed. An apartment will be a lot easier than the upkeep of your own home although it will be a big difference. I wish you the best.

LARRY  thanks for checking in.

JANE  wish I could have my daughter's company as much as you enjoy yours.

Time to go get my breakfast, Have a good day.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Joy

Good morning.  It is a pretty sunny morning with just a little breeze.

Gloria,  When I moved here, I wanted an apartment that was on the sunny side.  In my condo, I had sun almost all day, and I had said that was what I wanted when I moved.  As it turned out, I am on the north side, facing a lot of huge pine trees and don't get hardly any sun at all.  Just the opposite from you.  And, I, too, am on the 4th floor, which is the top floor. The ones who live up here call it the "penthouse".   And, the bottom floor is the "dungeon".  I would not want to be down there. It is actually the first floor of the building, but I would not want to be done there.  There is an entrance down there to the front of the building, but the main entrance is in the back of the building where you enter onto the second floor.  This building used to be the old elementary school.  It had sat empty for a long time and was slowly deteriorating when the town decided to convert it to Senior Apartments. I think there are about 85 apartments.  The did put an addition in the back of the building and I am in the new part.  The older part still has the wooden floors and  what was the gym is our recreation room, and the principal's office is our library.  There are still several other original parts of the building that they use.  They did a good job in the renovations.

Jane, I am glad that you were able to get your garden tilled.  That will save a lot of time when you daughter comes up to help you get it all finished. There is a small garden here where I live, and several residents really enjoy working in it. It has been so rainy, that they have had to wait to get more things planted.  It is mainly a flower garden.  There used to be a man who did put in some vegetables, and he loved working in it.  He  has since past away, and it took a while before a couple of the ladies have taken it over.

Jenny, I was reading your late message about 3 a.m. this morning.  I couldn't get back to sleep, so I was on the computer for a while. Then went back to bed.  I hope you and your family will be able to enjoy the summer along with helping out with the grandchildren and giving Michele some help.  I know you will do everything that you can. I continue to remember her in my prayers. 

Larry, I hope today will be a better day for you.  And, I know you will  look forward to being able to attend your church sometime soon.  I certainly admire you for your way of handling all your health problems.  Having such a good attitude is such a great help.

I need to get on with my day. Not sure what is in store, but hopefully, I will get some time out in the sunshine.

Have a great Saturday.

Joy
BIG BOX

Amy

Well the weather put a stop to our work. Almost got the wood all piled but rain came and put an end to it for now.
The trees are leafing out  more now, so many shades of green with a bit of red thrown in .
Jimmy Dean

larryhanna

Hi Everyone.  According to our local weatherman last evening we are in for 5 days in a row with temperatures of 100 degrees or higher.  This has never happened here in May since record keeping started.  Thank goodness for a fine A/C system as the house stays cool and in fact in the room where I have the hospital bed it is too cold and am going to have to either have the vent turned for shut off. 

Yesterday was a very frustrating day for me as my mind was suffering confusion to the extent I had to give up on a project that should have taken 5 minutes as had done it before easily but yesterday spent at least 90 minutes trying to get it done and finally gave up in frustration.  I did get my first two weeks of medicine as ordered by the Hospice nurse and started on it this morning.  I called and asked for someone to come and fix my medicine boxes as didn't trust myself and this is one of the many services that are a part of Hospice.  The nurse was here within a couple of hours and fixed the boxes and again explained what each medicine was for as well as she had typed up a sheet showing what I will be taking morning, noon and at bedtime. She also said that for at least a couple of weeks the lady assigned to be my aid plus a nurse will be here on Tuesdays and I think she said Thursday and then if things are going OK the aid will probably come just once a week.  When I asked about reordering the medicines as it is sent in two week increments she said that is taken care of by them and I didn't have to do anything about that.  Things in my life are changing very quickly and right now I am seeing a decline in my health on a daily basis.

I realize that there may be some days ahead when I won't even feel like "just checking in".  Please don't get alarmed about that.  I plan on sending several of you my wife's telephone number so that there is a way to contact my family.  Since Wednesday morning this week it has really been hectic around here but that should soon settle down and I was so confused yesterday (probably related to the sodium) as well as being so short of breath that I wasn't able to get here earlier that I did.  The congestive heart situation is one of continuing decline as are many illnesses.  If you don't see a posting from me for a few days please call my wife. You may need to leave a message as we generally won't answer numbers we don't have in our telephone contacts or local numbers as the robo calls are an everyday event.  Be sure to leave a message.  There will be no obituary since all of our local friends are in our Church family and would know when my journal is complete.  I have written instructions or suggestions for Pat and Scott to come to these boards and let you all know when I am no longer able to be active.  As long as my mind stays clear I plan on being here daily as although and have multiple ways of writing.

Scott just left after doing several small jobs but helpful ones.  We have decided to mount the TV in my office to the wall as the dresser isn't wide enough to safely put it on it plus it will free up the dresser top.  He took off the door to the bedroom I am in as wouldn't be using it anyway as the way the house is built it is very private and that will make it easier to get through it.  Unfortunately the bedroom is one of the few places in this house they put in carpeting and the wheel chair doesn't work very easily on it.  I now have my walker in their and will leave the wheel chair outside as only a couple of steps to the bed and probably not more than ten steps to the bathroom.  So things are coming along nicely.  Well my timer has gone off for my noon medicines and eating a few crackers before the medicine so I hopefully will not get nauseous and then I will try to lay down for a little while if I can deal with the shortness of breath.  Be back tomorrow.  My confusion seems to be gone for today, thank goodness and I have several projects I need to do here at my desk if I feel up to it later this afternoon.  Thank you all for your kind comments.

JaneS

LARRY, I don't know if you have me on your list to share phone numbers but I already have a phone number for you.  I'm pretty sure its the most recent one!

Lindancer

beautiful May day.going to be very hot tomorrow.

Shirley, maybe you should invest in a row boat

Amy, I wish I could get some of that strawberry/rub. jam. I have only had the pie

Jennym what can I say, except pray are always being said for you and your family

Larry, I always know what you are saying.  All last night and right now I am nasuha  the hospice nurse was here yesterday to take care of my legs but I forgot to ask her what to do.  I am going to try what you say about crackers. I have been setting on the deck most of the day.It is warm, but I am having chills and I have gotten my winter rob out

Jane it is so wonderful you have such a lovely family. I am lucky that I have had such good DIL's

Shirley

Gloria de.... I talked to a friend my age while ago & asked if we should think about building an ark. We just had another severe T-storm go through Wichita & thought it was all over until my phone started screeching at me about a flash flood warning for this area. Anyone that couldn't guess that has got to be an idiot.  :crazy2:

Larry, I am hoping that when your body adjusts to the different meds you will feel more like having the ladies work with you to build up your muscles so you can get out & enjoy the days more. I have no doubt you will do all you can for as long as you can, you are a wise person. Prayers for you, Pat & Scott and special prayers for the Hospice people that help you.

Joy, I enjoy hearing about your living arrangements, you seem to have found a good place to be. Interesting to read about you, Gloria, Sandy, & how I envy y'all not having to do maintenance ....  now & then one of you will mention something you like or don't like & I hope I will remember when I'm ready to make that big change. I live in a neighborhood that most of the people that were here when we moved in 31 years ago, have moved into retirement villages or have died, so do not have a lot of contact with the younger families that moved in since. All are friendly & stop to say a few words if they are walking a dog & I am out in the yard, but this place is where my friends are that I have coffee with. Amy, Jane & Jenny keep me exhausted with all they do, so I'm starting to think it may be time to slow down. Maybe next year.

And now it is time for the news, will check the weather & go to bed. When I wake up in the morning I can't go back to sleep 'cause I need to feed cats & get ready for church. Guess what, more rain predicted for tomorrow afternoon!

JaneS

I'm up and waiing for the boinger.  I'm picking up my grandniece for church this morning and then we're going out for lunch.  I'm off to get dressed before the boinger.  I'll try to be back later. 

Amy

Good morning everyone.

We have SUN! Rained yesterday evening and there must have been a storm in the distance as Babe was edgy.

All the wood is done. :nanadance: .In between rain drops Kyle finished it off while I was doing laundry. Now I can move on to the garden and get it done.

Gloria de, if you were closer you would have some jam too!!

Gloria, a day for sun glasses here but I sure wish the humidity would go away..

Larry, I admire what you are doing and to be honest we all should. Each day is a blessing so enjoy it to the fullest. I am praying these new meds for you will make you feel better. Don't give up or in as you know miracles do happen.

Shirley, I emailed Jack a photo of the dogs and he answered me back on May 23rd. This is double posted as I posted in Normans B & T also.

Joy, that sounds like a really nice place to live. Enjoy your penthouse  :)

Enjoy your day everyone..
Jimmy Dean

Lloyd Hammond

good Morning everyone. the weather person for this area  is saying Partly sunny but they are mixed up it is cloudy here. I hope the sun dose come out and start drying things out. well I am still chomping at the bit so to speak, but am not going to hit the road until this weather settles down. I did not sleep well last night and my back is hurting and I am dizzy headed this AM. so I am going to go back to couch in the recliner seat and lay back. hope you all have a great day and pray for this weather to settle down and not get too hot. see you all later.

Lloyd 

phyllis

Good morning!  Larry and I share the same kind of weather only he gets it a little before I do.  And, yes, it is going to be HOT!  Much too early in the season to get this extreme weather.  Normally we would have this in July and August.  I think it is going to be a very trying summer.  I just hope that the severe weather (tornadoes, hurricanes, flooding) go away and stay away for all of us all over the country.

Amy, it's all your fault!   :yes:  You like your instant pot so much that you tempted me to order one.  It should be here today.  I stood in my kitchen and tried to think about what pot, pan, appliance, etc. I don't use anymore and just takes up space. I looked at the lower cupboard and saw my old top of the stove pressure cooker and thought that if I'm getting a new electric pressure cooker I don't need the old one taking up space so I asked David to take it to the basement storage and there was a big empty space just waiting for the new one!  I may be asking your advice in future. Already I'm planning to adapt my Chicken Caprese recipe to it.  We'll see if all goes well.

Larry, you are an inspiration to me.  The way you are handling all the changes is something I admire so much.  I understand about your mental confusion.  I call it "brain fog" and every now and then I have it, too.  Not much you can do about it except just get through it and hope the next day that the thinking will be a little clearer.  You are often in my thoughts.

Stay dry, stay cool, stay well, and stay safe, Everyfriend!
phyllis
Cary,NC

Gloria

Good morning everyone, latest I have slept in a couple of weeks. Feel well rested this morning. Supposed to get into the upper 80's today and humid. My son put my AC in yesterday so am ready for the heat.
If anyone likes western movies, especially with John Wayne on GRIT they have his movies on all day. Bet LLOYD will enjoy that.

JOY  this is a brand new building. Where it sits used to be nothing but trees. It is now 14 years  since it opened.  53 apartments, library. laundry, community,game room. The lobby looks like you are in a small hotel with leather furniture and tables. Main entrance is in front and the grounds are landscaped and have flowers and it really beautiful. They have a spot in the back for anyone who wants to plant a few tomatoes and such, even clothes lines for those who can hang clothes out. This floor is called the penthouse or the high rent district. At least no noise over my head and that I like.

AMY  I love when everything starts showing colors in the spring, so many different shades of green and the early flowers. Beautiful.

LARRY  thank you for your long post of yesterday. Prayers are with you.

SHIRLEY  we have a chance of thunderstorms this afternoon. Since I am not going anywhere let it rain, again.

LLOYD  if you ge Grit on your TV turn it on. You will enjoy John Wayne movies all day.

Have a good day.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Shirley

Gloria, glad you mentioned GRIT, my fav TV......I will turn it on as soon as I get off here. Had not thought about wanting the "penthouse" apartment but can see the reasoning. I recall visiting friends in apartments & the sound of the neighbors TVs would drive me nuts. I have a neighbor that has teen aged kids that play loud music (really, that is MUSiC?} but I can close my doors & not have to hear it. That is probably my worst fear of apartment living.

Phyllis, I still use my pressure cooker for fixing beans & ham shanks.... got a "new" one about 10 years ago that is a little smaller than the old Presto one of 60 years ago. This one is stainless steel... so I am still holding out on the InstaPot... I have a very old Presto pressure cooker that is small & electric, wonder if it was the pre-instapot. I drag it out to fix candied carrots or when I want fresh steamed potatoes to mash. I have a couple people that insist they can tell the difference in real mashed potatoes & the instant ones. I am satisfied with instant ones but use half milk & half water (instead of just water like some say). I only cook to take food to son's or gr-kids houses, quit hosting the gang. I can't clean house AND cook!

I am a little off balance this morning as well, I blame it on the changing barometric pressure (haha, probably has nothing to do with it but sounds okay to me). My sleep was so broken up last night with cats wanting in or out or me waking up worrying about which ones were in & who out.... a nap sounds good to me, with John Wayne in the background. Why not........I hear thunder rumbling in the distance, dark out. Glad I'm home.

CallieOK

Good Morning,

You may have seen - or will see - news stories about the devastating damage a "pop-up" (or should that be "pop-down") tornado caused in El Reno, Oklahoma last night.  Even the t.v. station with the finest radar (and whose reporter was parked right across the street from the motel when it hit) wasn't aware that anything would happen.

Another one popped down and moved across the central part of OKC - very close to the state capitol.  Quite a bit of damage with that one, also

We seem to be having more of these sudden funnels and that's very scary!!!

Shirley, Miss Emily was in El Dorado KS on her way home on Friday night when the twister hit southeast of Wichita. She ended up stopping in Blackwell OK and staying the rest of the night.  She said the hotel was on a generator because of power outages.

A friend spent the night Friday night because movers had picked up her belongings during the day, she closed on her house sale late that afternoon - and was leaving to drive to her new home in Auburn AL very early Saturday morning.
I told her the only "rule" was that she couldn't sneak out before I had told her good-bye.
That meant me getting up at 5:30 a.m.  and, of course, I couldn't go back to sleep after she left.

So - with that and the storm-watching last night,  I didn't open my eyes until 9:30 this morning.

Too late to get to church.  The Presbyterian service I like to watch on t.v. is just starting.

Please pray for those all over this state who are being affected by the severe storms and, most of all, the terrible flooding.  All 77 counties truly are Disaster Areas.

TTFN  (Ta Ta For Now)

larryhanna

Hi Everyone.  It is on the way to another 100 degree day with even hotter heat index as yesterday the heat index was 105. 

Note:  this is updated from what I wrote this morning in Norm's B& T.  For some reason I only slept for three hours or so last night although there was no reason but it gave me time to think more.  I also rediscovered in my bedroom closet a pillow Pat had rolled up and tied with cloth selvages (think that is what they are called and they are very strong).  It works great to put on my left side to keep the pressure off the tailbone as well as remind me not to turn on my left side.  I went all night without any pain from the tailbone and actually didn't have much shortness of breath.  I did have three instances where I had angina in my shoulder so a quick nitro while sitting up and in a few minutes it went away.   I was able to get an early start in reading the discussion postings for yesterday.  I am not at all rushed today but find myself pretty tired this afternoon even after resting.  Getting dressed is becoming harder each day and I will ask the aid when she comes on Tuesday if she can wash my hair and give me a bath down to possible and up to possible and I will take care of possible as that doesn't require raising my arms.  I think this would be in her job description.  I seem to be getting weaker day by day. laid down this morning and was going to listen to last weeks Church service on the Internet using my iPhone. However the recording was messed up and the Life Line service, which is just Scripture and the sermon was from the Mother's Day service that I listened to that last week.  I have plenty of small projects I want to do with most something I will do here at my computer.  There is a dresser in my new bedroom and Pat cleaned out the two top drawers and then we transfered  most of my clothes from the master bedroom to those drawers we will finish getting the hangup clothes from the master closet that I can see I will be using probably tomorrow.  I did transfer my bathroom things yesterday for the bathroom I will now use.  So things are coming along nicely a little at a time to the way I want them. I just talked to Scott and he plans on coming out in the morning to move the TV and get the oxygen line fixed so I will again have oxygen at my easy chair.  I was able to add a canula  line to what had been attached to the CPAP machine so I have oxygen at my bed to use when laying down. 

I just placed an order with Amazon for a new robe, bath wrap, bathroom scale, some additional iPhone charging cables and tags of different colors to easily identify each cable.  

Last night I made the decision that now is the time to get rid of my piano and all of the sheet and book music I have accumulated over the years.  Scott will have first refusal and if he doesn't want the piano or music I am going to write to our wonderful choir director who teaches a lot of students and offer her the music as a gift.  I will also invite her to come and see the piano as she may know of new students who would be interested in looking at it.  It is a Mason Hamlan piano which I was shocked sometime ago when I researched to find it ranks right under Steinway in quality and desirability and the finish is still very nice and pretty.

I don't have the energy this afternoon to write many individual comments so will try to be brief and then retire to my easy chair to watch the golf match and rest.

Lindancer, I made the decision yesterday to try to eat some solid food at lunch and evening meal before taking the medicines and to stay with the nutrition bar and Nutritional and some cranberry juice for my breakfast as I can get that together easier and it is something I have done for several years.  I hope the crackers helped you as I know that often works for both Pat and I but eating some solid food before taking the pills and using the Morphine at noon avoided any nausea today.  

Amy, the one thing I will never do is give up although my decline needs to slow down a bit and perhaps will after the medicine for a week or two and getting things all arranged in my new bedroom and bath, which is almost done now. 

Gloria, thanks for your prayers as well as others who remember to include me in their prayers.  I try to remember many of our folks here with serious health issues or family health issues.

Lloyd Hammond

I do not Know about grit on TV, I click on you tube and get my westerns and other movies there.

Lloyd

Lindancer

Good evening, Gloria I am looking your way across the Sound and it looks pretty dark

Callie and Shirley, to nights news is showing such devastation from flood and tornadoes. Prays that you all stay safe.
I take a  1% morphine when I go to bed I also have some kind of a relaxer I can take if needed.
Larry, to day I have been short of breath. they also brought me a nebulizer. My panic button is now hooked up to them. They have a beautiful facility on the water in Westhampton Bch.
Right now I am having a Cup of soap, so far I can still keep it down. Just one package is enough for me.  As I wrote before my aide comes for 2 hours 3 times a week, gives me a shower, will make my lunch and wash my cloths and put them in the dryer. makes my bed,  By the way the gave me a table like you have in the hospital, you can put it over the bed, also raise and lower it.  would be great use with a computer So far I am content  with my decision i made over a month ago.

mycheal

EVERYFRIEND
"There is nothing wrong with America"

She does not need to be "Made great again"

Our nation owes a debt to its fallen heroes that we can never fully repay, but we can honor their sacrifice.

WE now need to restore our Faith, Love and Freedom WE'VE always celebrated

The Tree of Freedom is blooming with nourishment of the Patriot's wood.

Memories, even bittersweet ones, are better than nothing."

We are fortunate to have such wonderful men and women in

service to our country

Happy Memorial Day to you and yours

Mycheal

JaneS

That is absolutely beautiful, MYCHEAL, and every word of it is true! You express your thoughts so well!

I'm off to Dreamland!  It's been a busy day and I'm ready to relax.  My grandniece is here watching my daughter's house and dog while they are in Colorado.  She went to church with me this morning and we stayed for coffee break after church.  She made quite an impression with my friends.  She just finished her first year of college.  We've been buddies since she invited herself along with her older sister for a visit.  She was five.  And when she asked me why Bridget could go to Aunt Janie's and she couldn't, I said "If your mother says it's OK, you can come, too.  She RAN in the kitchen asking all the way if she could go.  Before my niece got a chance to say "no", Bridget and I were right behind her saying "yes".  After that, they both spent the better part of two weeks every summer with "AJ".  Now she's doggie sitting. 

Now I AM off to bed.  I wish you all a peaceful sleep, a happy tomorrow and no storms.

PS to CALLIE!  You forgot to tell me one of those tornados touched down in Jenks.  It missed my granddaughter's family but it damaged the roof of the house my daughter and SIL own and are renting out until they decide to retire there.

CallieOK

Janie, how awful!  Local stations emphasis is on El Reno and Ive only heard one mention of a tornado in Tulsa but nothing about it being in Jenks or about damage.
Hope they're not being affected by floods, too.

Weather on now. Sounds as if tomorrow will be nice. We need a break!

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  Nine minutes left until the boinger and then the doggies and I will have breakfast.  Annie is getting a little antsy right now.

CALLIE, I haven't heard what happened elsewhere but my family is safe.  A roof can be repaired and I'm sure they are insured.  My daughter who is in Dallas had a few anxious minutes when she couldn't reach Ali but they connected as soon as they could.  Ali lost a few shingles but the rest of the house was OK. 

I'll try to come back later and see what Everyfriend is up to today.  I wish you all safe, dry, cool and happy!