Random Image

horse6.jpg

Owner: Jeanne Lee
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:23:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for MAY 15,2019

Started by so_P_bubble, May 14, 2019, 11:02:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JaneS

OH WOW!  My computer was off last night and I had to do some finagling this morning to get it working.  I'm so glad it came on because the news is so good!  I'm really happy for the news about PAT SCOTT HALBACH!

However, if I turn up missing, it will probably be due to my computer misbehaving.  My health is misbehaving also but it's only a bad cold and is being dealt with. 

I hope everyone is feeling up to par today and that you all have a good day.  I'm probably not going to do anything except veg out today.  I'll probably water the plants and throw a load of laundry in the washer (and the dryer and the dresser drawers) but only if I feel like it.

I'll try to come back later but if I don't make it....PHOOEY on the computer!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Lloyd Hammond

good Morning everyone. It is 68º and sunny calling for 85º or higher. Hope you all have a great day as you like. I am going to park the R V under a shade tree
and work on putting the new controller for the slide out and putting the wiring harness for the trailer lights (that are magnetic for on the van) when we are pulling it on the Joe dolly. I better get at it before it gets to hot.I sure enjoyed all the past pictures.

Lloyd

Gloria

Good morning everyone, 45° to start and no rain now but chance of thunderstorms this afternoon.  I have not been outside since Saturday, will be getting cabin fever if I do not get out for fresh air soon. I did finally sleep better last night, got 4 straight hours before waking to cough. Had my CNA get me some menthol cough drops yesterday and they seemed to help right away.

JANE  sorry your back is hurting you, I know that feeling too well. I asked my doctor about a back brace but she did not want that, said muscles would get lazy and not hold me up. Heck by the end of the day they will not hold me up straight anyway. By then I am almost bent in half.

AMY  burning wood I know the chimney needs cleaning. Hope yours got cleaned out yesterday.

SHIRLEY  I don' t have BP meds. I am thankful that has always been near normal. Once a month there is a nurse that comes to the building to take BP for anyone who wants to be checked. She gives us a boo  to keep a record of the readings and so far mine does not vary much.

PHYLLIS  it has been a few years since I changed the sheets on the bed. Took me most of the day to do it. Had to keep stopping to rest. My CNA does it now but I help her, I do one side and she does the other. I get the corners of the bottom sheet on and then she does hers. Works good that way.

LLOYD  I am thinking there is nothing you cannot do or make to fit a job.  Like they say-experience is the best teacher. When money is scarce you make do with what you have or can make yourself.

LARRY  thank you for the news about our dear Pat. Wonder what will happen to S&F friends now. None of us can afford to keep it going. My prayers are with you. Love your outlook about the future. We should all be so brave.

JOY  I met Bobbie when she was traveling through the New England states. She had he dog January with her, wonderful dog. I invited her to stay in the house overnight but she wanted to sleep in her van. Like you I had the heat on yesterday, too. Almost every morning I turn it on to keep the dampness out. I must be one of the few that cannot take Tylenol, does nothing at all for me, rather take a couple of aspirin. My doctor told me that on the days my back is really hurting bad to take 2 aspirin between the hours of my  pain pills.

CALLIE  I have only a couple of catalogs I order from but lately I get at least 2 catalogs every day from places I never heard of. I just pull my name out of them and recycle them without looking in them. I get a laugh from the ones that say my last catalog  unless I place an order, a few weeks later I get another one from them.

JENNY  2 different ladies here have offered to take me to the doctors but they would have to put my rollator in their cars and one has a bad back and I would not want either of them to hurt themselves picking it up.

SHIRLEY  been years now since I was able to go shopping and browse through stores to see what was new and looking for just what I wanted. Going online to the stores I always went to is not the same thing.

Have a good day.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

phyllis

I have been having strange computer problems this morning, too.  I think I have finally gotten it straightened out.. I hope.

Has anyone had any further news of Pat Halback?  She is on my mind so much.

Another beautiful day here with rain on the way for the weekend.  But, I have enjoyed the last two or three days with nice weather.  Yesterday I took the car to the car wash and then we stopped for lunch at Panera's on the way home.  I hadn't been there in a long time and found that they have rearranged their seating and it was easier to move around with my rollator.  I enjoyed it.

Grocery shopping today so will get out and enjoy the weather again, if not the grocery shopping.  I must unload the dishwasher and eat some breakfast.  Time is awasting.
phyllis
Cary,NC

larryhanna

Hi Everyone.  Nice clear day here and to get up to 90 degrees this afternoon.  Just checking in this morning as have a doctor's appointment this about an hour.  For the first time in my adult life I had to ask my wife to help me get dressed this morning after working on it for well over an hour.  I seem to be getting weaker by the day.

Jackie, we are going to have to depend on Judy to keep us up dated on Pat Scott Halbach.  I did get a message that as of 7:30 last evening she was still alive and that is all I know.

larryhanna

I just received this email from Pat's BIL: 

Hi Larry Just a short note to let you know that Pat passed away at 4pm this afternoon. Please pass this on the CP Family. Thanks John.

Shirley

It's HOT in Kansas! My AC man doesn't get here until next Tuesday & can't run it with the cover on.  :tissue:  The wind is blowing trees like they are little dandelions (only they aren't leaving the stems/trunks). This is the time I want to crawl in a hole & stay for the rest of the summer. (I'm whining again, Gloria)....

E-bike arrived today, got it OUT of the box... had to split the box down the sides & scoot it out, the front tire is not attached. I didn't open the little box inside right away so got online & copied the manual to print... 15 pages. THEN I opened the box & discovered they sent one. Got the battery charging but so many things to put together (it folds, you know) & so far it is still wearing all the wrapping, I'll work on it until #1 son shows up tomorrow to help.

One of the engineering professors that all 3 kids had (as well as most of the grands) funeral was this afternoon so the in-town kids went. He was dearly loved by all, one of those people that had polio early in life & remained in a wheelchair since. It didn't slow him down & was so loved by all he was a "family friend" long before I got to meet him. He was still teaching, not sure how old he was, but somehow AGE doesn't have a lot to do with dying.

If anyone is going to copy & paste messages to send to Pat & Paul Halbach, I'd like to add mine. 

Pat, my thoughts and prayers are with you and want you to know how much you have meant to me for many years. When I first started looking at digital cameras I sought your advice, you are an amazing photographer. You have always been generous with your time and talent, helping all of us not only take better photos but opened a place where we could share them. I know you do BELIEVE and that God is watching over you, I pray that you recover and come back to visit with us. Paul, my prayer for you is that God gives you the strength to take care of Pat and yourself and the peace needed to accept His plans. My sincere appreciation for all that you both do for all of us.  And we have a new update. God is taking her home with Him. Sincere sympathy, Paul and all the family.  Shirley/Tisie in Kansas

Larry, I know you felt bad about bringing mis-information, but it really was so easy to accept what we have all dreaded hearing.... you heard what was said but God had other plans at that instant. You have been so busy organizing every part of your life for Pat & Scott it is easy to understand you wanted to let us know immediately. Personally, kind of nice to have someone else screw up now & then. I could have saved myself 15 pages of printing ink & paper if I had opened that little box before jumping the gun. Okay?  I still think Pat is a lucky girl to have you.:thumbup:

JaneS

I had the extreme pleasure of meeting Pat in person at the Williamsport Bash and of spending a little one-on-one time with her.  I will always cherish those minutes.  They were not enough but they were more than I ever expected.  She will remain in my memory for as long as I have a memory and I will hold her in my heart!  Love and best wishes and thoughts.  Jane Stamm, Central PA

Shirley

phyllis

Thank you, Bubble.  That is a wonderful picture of Pat. What a good friend she was to all of us. 

I was up early this morning.  I woke up about 4 a.m. and just lying there staring into the dark was not very productive, so I just got up.  I have had my coffee and have done some catching up on things I had let slide.

I'm thinking of all of my friends who are dealing with sadness and worry and praying that they will find strength and comfort to get them through the day.   
phyllis
Cary,NC

Amy

Good morning everyone...

Light mist here this  morning. We need to run into town to pick up some PT lumber to put under the piles of wood when we stack it. Nothing else is on the agenda  but as you all know we never know what the day will bring.

I am sorry for the loss of a good friend for all. Now Pat is with God and no longer in any pain.

Jenny, thinking of Michele today when she has her procedure, prayers for all .

Jane ,hope you feel better today. Bet your garden looks lovely too!

Shirley, you just reminded me I need to take my vehicle in and get the a/c work done on it.

Gloria, the chimney was cleaned and not much soot in it. We keep a good fire on and that helps keep the chimney clean.

Larry, may today be a better day for you. Don't feel bad at asking for help dressing. I have helped Kyle lots of times to get dressed. Buttons are the worse for him now due to the neuropathy. We bought shirts with snap buttons and that helped some.

Lloyd, hope you found the time to get your work done before it got too hot.

Enjoy your day everyone..
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  I'm really not feeling up to par today.  The darn cough has taken over and the head cold is still there.  I hate complaining because so many are so much worse than I am but I'm afraid it's time to call the Dr.  And as soon as they are open, that's what I'm going to do.  I wish you all a good day!

larryhanna

Hi Everyone.  I am up early this morning due to the fire alarm in our bedroom starting to beep every minute or so that the battery was low and needed to be changed.  This is a story of one of the little miracles in life that God gives us as it was certainly that.  It was only 5:45 in the morning.  The battery is very easy to change if one can get on a step stool to reach it as we have 9 foot ceilings that are up pretty high.  I was going to try to get up a step or two on the step stool, which I know I shouldn't eve try but certainly wasn't going to let Pat do it.  I was able to get dressed without any trouble today whereas yesterday it had taken help from Pat to finish doing it after working on it for 90 minutes.  I was headed to the garage for the step stool and had opened the garage door (Scott started installing a ramp for us last night but needed a different bit so it wasn't safe to go out the garage door.)  I had opened that door and am able to reach around for the switch to the big garage door.  I was headed to the front door when I saw that my good neighbor across the street had started his truck to back out for work.  So I flashed the outside garage flood light on and off and opened my front door and started waving. Fortunately  he happened to see the light and then me standing in the doorway waving frantically to him as he was heading up the street.  He stopped and got out and asked what was wrong.  I quickly told him and he got the step ladder out of the garage and quickly changed the battery and then was on his way to work.  All this took no more than 5 minutes so hopefully it didn't make him late to work. If that isn't an example of God looking out for us today I don't know what it could be. 

So we are getting an early start to our day.  Our housekeeper will be here later this morning and Scott is coming back over to bring my new Rollator that the doctor prescribed yesterday and we had stopped at the drug store.  He went in to get it only to find they had sold out of this equipment earlier yesterday morning and it wouldn't be available until this morning.  He was able to go ahead and do all the paperwork with my identification and insurance card so they will call him this morning when they get new durable equipment in.  So he will be out as soon as that happens and will finish up the ramp. 

Hopefully the next two or three days will be uneventful as this has been a very busy, very emotional and tiring week.

Shirley, that is a long time to wait for your A/C guy.  I guess if it gets too hot you can move to your Motor Home for a few days.  I hope your son gets over to help set up your motor bike.  I hope you and Jane see that Bubble has opened a special place to leave our remembrance of our dear Pat. 

Jane, I am sorry to say that my memory has faded on the Williamsport Bash.  Did we also meet there? If not it was my loss but I feel as if I have known you a long time and cherish our friendship.  Glad you are calling your doctor before the cough and cold completely wear your out.  Hope you feel better quickly.  It seems you have been getting too many colds lately but suppose to get exposed at your register a lot. 

Phyllis, get up early does have some advantages in we get a lot more done during the morning.  However, also nice to sleep in. 

Amy, there is a great advantage of not knowing what each day may have in store for us that we have not anticipated for planned for.  It keeps are days from being boring although with all you do I expect boredom is not something that you often have time to experience.  Those buttons on men's shirts are a trial sometimes.  I have one shirt with snap in place of buttons.

JaneS

I've been home from work for a while but I'm really feeling "under the weather'  and it's raining again and dreary so that doesn't help.  I did call the dr. this morning and she concluded that whatI'm already doing for the cold is what she would have recommended so I'll just continue.  As for my back, I have an appointment with the chiropractor in a couple of weeks.  Maybe that will help.  And I asked if there could be a connection between conking the front of one's head and ending up with a painful back.  She said "absolutely"!  That is definitely possible.  So I guess I do still have the rediduals from the head conk! 

I'll make an attempt later to move my comments re, Pat Halbach to the correct folder but right now, I don't feel like it.

LARRY, if we met in Williamsport, I've forgotten.  However, we had lots of interaction through the book exchange on the old Senior Net.  I think you ran that and I sure made good use of it.

I'm off to feed the doggies and myself and then to vegetate!  Enjoy the rest of your day!

Lloyd Hammond

well it is that time again to bid you all goodnight and sweet Dreams. It has been a mixed up day,we got up early took Nancy to daughters to help her baby set  her  grand and our great grands. daughter still has her arm in a sling and is hard to even pick up the babe. let alone change a dipper. I I went to V A and got Meds. On the way home the water pump went out and the fan belt would not stay on. friend bob was still at work in the city. thank god for cell phones, I called him he stopped and picked me up and brought me home. I forgot to get meds. out of car, he sent his son up to get car and haul it to his shop to put a new water pump on it tomorrow. I called Nancy and told her what had happened, and we agreed she stay there tonight. we will get her tomorrow after I get the car back. I just had the rest of the day Napping and watching T V. Hope to see you all tomorrow.

Ll0yd

Denver

I am sorry to post so late, but did want to tell a bit of news about Michele today.  Thank you, AMY, for remembering to mention her procedure today.

Dave sent us this message early this afternoon....

Great news. Michele is doing well. They just did her MRI which is a higher resolution that the one she had a few weeks ago. There are only 4 lesions. With all of the current information they think that these were there previously but are now more apparent due to some edema from her chemotherapy. They are very pleased as are we. They are about to start the gamma knife procedure and will want another MRI in about three months. All of this is great news.

Any news that sounds positive is such a blessing.  Sadly, she had a very bad headache and got home and went straight to bed. 

We got up at 5AM  and got to their home just after six.  They left right away, and we got the kiddos off to school.....it has been a long day, so I must head off to bed. 

I hope you all are resting well. 

LARRY, happy your neighbor could help you this morning!  Definitely a GOD SEND!  Did I read correctly and you and Pat were at the Williamsport Bash??

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Lloyd Hammond

good Morning everyone. so_P_bubble thamks for posting the pictures of Shirley. when we get the RV slide out fixed and hit the road and stop to see her would not have recognized her,she has let mother Nature bleach her hair. she is still a good looking Ladie and dear friend. see you all Later.

Lloyd

Joy

Good morning. A beautiful sunny morning that is most welcomed after so many rainy mornings.

I commented on Jenny's wonderful news over on Norm's page, but just want to repeat how happy I am to hear the encouraging news about Michele.  Always nice to know all of our prayers are working.  I know they are encouraged, also.

I only have a minute or two, as I have a baby shower to go to today, and since my son is working near where it will be, I am going to hitch a ride with him.  I will be a little early, but that is ok.  It is at a niece;s  house and she knows I am coming a little early.  So, since it takes me so long to get myself together, I like to give myself a lot of time to get ready.  I think he will be coming in his truck, so that will be a funny picture of me climbing into his truck.  Luckily, it is a van-type truck and has a running board, which does help.

Anyway, I hope everyone will have a nice day and that everyone will be enjoying the nice weather like here on the east coast.  We are so ready for some nice warm days.

Joy
BIG BOX

Gloria

Good morning everyone, looks like we are in for a dry week end. Seems like years since we had a sunny weekend.  Should not complain about all the rain we have had, not as bad as the places with the flooding but very miserable after day after day of it. Not the rain as much as the dampness. 50° to start the day and tomorrow the weather guessers are saying a high of 80°. Normal, one day we freeze and the next day it is hot and summer-like.

JANE  like you I have a cold and it is something I seldom get and it wears me out. The coughing is the worse part of it. I  talked  to my doc tor yesterday and she said what I have been doing is about all that can be done for it.

JENNY  the news about Michele sounds wonderful, thank God.

Have a good day, think I will go back to bed.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Amy

Good morning everyone.

A lovely sunny day here this morning. We pile all but 1 1/2 cords of wood yesterday and will finish it today. I think even my eye lashes are sore!! Will do laundry and hang it out before doing the wood.

Made yogurt yesterday and need to put it into containers some time today.

Jenny that is good news, thank you for sharing..May all her reports be good news.

Bubble thank you for posting the photos from Shirley. She amazes me in what she does.

Gloria, hope you feel better soon. A summer cold is not nice as it likes to linger. :(

Joy, I could visualize you stepping up into that truck :) Have a fun time at the baby shower.

Lloyd ,hope today is mishap free day....think it is about time you had one of those.

Well, I slept in....my body was yelling don't get up but the day wears on and work to do.

Enjoy your day everyone..
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

phyllis

I'm here finally and loving all the good and encouraging news that I am reading.

Take it easy, Shirley, and I agree that a helmet is a must....even for little jaunts around the campground.  But, I have to say, that looks like fun.  Oh, if I were just a little....a lot....younger.  :2funny:

All is well here.  Going to be hot but that is what summer does.

I'll check in later....maybe.  Meanwhile, make it a GOOD one today.
phyllis
Cary,NC

Shirley

Quick Hurrah for Michele!  Great news, Jenn, prayers continue for the next rewarding but agonizing step she must endure before a final cure.  Thank you for the good news of the day!

Gloria, do hope you heal fast, somehow feeling bad is so much worse in the spring.

Hope that head conk is not a permanent pain, Jane! (((hugs))) 

Thank you, Bubble, for posting the photos. I debated whether to send the one with ME on the bike but didn't get one of the bike alone. It was steaming hot & I had changed to find the coolest, baggiest shirt I owned... did not expect to get on the bike so fast since the battery had only a short charge. I had made a few runs up & down the street so hair was sticking out.

I don't plan to wear a helmet, Amy, they heat up my head to exploding. Have one for the Yahama but since NO law that says I must wear, I won't. The rest of my body is no good messed up so if they don't make a suit of armor to protect it, that head can't run around on it's own!! So, there.... (but thanks for the concern).

Lloyd, I think you may need to take Bob along when you head out.... he is such a good friend & seems to be able to do about anything. I am pretty sure my hair was this white when we met in Sedalia but so many to visit with you didn't notice. We had Bunnie & Gene along with Doris & Jim-Herb as well as you, your mother & Jeff... and my brother & sister & their spouses, as well as Cas. It was a good crowd, sadly, 8 of them gone now.

These RVs are a constant need of work, mine needs an oil change before going to Colorado, & all tires checked. Tires have been a problem from the beginning. My unit went back to the factory right after I bought it, because the slide out was not on it's track right & wasn't able to fix local. I make sure it is perfectly level before putting the slide out & can imagine being stuck in a campground because it wouldn't slide back in. When my sons are camped near by I don't worry as much, but I can't fix everything they can! Good luck with getting on the road. My next problem is seeing how I can put that bike inside, but I do have a little rack that will fit into the hitch if needed, that means I need to get a ramp to run it up on. I think it will go into the side door with a little help, but may end up getting a folding ramp for the steps. By the time I get all organized I may be too old to travel!  (That'll be the day........)

Joy, I do remember when Cas had a Jeep Grand Cherokee how I had to dangle from the seat to get out. His pick up that came next did have a running board so was much easier. Love your family outings & all that delicious food they fix. You seem to have the best of both worlds, not having house maintenance to worry about & yet a very full life with family & people around to play cards with!

I have not had my breakfast. Had a phone call at 4:30 am... that stops the heart, right?  A man saying he had a call from this number the day before so wanted to see who it was. I assured him it was NOT ME!  I no more crawled back in bed when it rang again.. and hung up. So I got up anyway & it rang again. This time the guy apologized for calling & explained "he had been on the road".... but he was in Kansas so knew it was still too early to call anyone! I decided to go back to bed for another hour or so, got up & fed cats & they are all sound asleep in their own spaces & I am still at the computer! 

We plan to take the cover off the pool today if storms don't get here too soon. Son & his son wanted to do the job instead of me paying the regular pool guy. I will pay them the same, but they don't object to draining the pool & re-filling with my well water so I don't have to use all those chemicals to turn the green water to sparkling blue. Have to add chlorine to the pool & that is all... so no icky smell. Son wanted his son to learn how to do this so he can earn the extra money. He is back in college for his Masters in Mechanical Engineering. His first degree is in Bio-med Engineering, but not enough jobs for those guys so switching degrees for a broader job field. Dad is along to show him how to put the pump back together & do all the necessary things when opening, but I'm sure he will insist "the kid" get all the money. Sure is gray out, those storms may show up sooner & will put off the pool job for tomorrow. 'Tis the season~

Better get moving.... again, Bubble, thank you for posting & to all, thanks for the nice comments. That really isn't a picture of a "nice little old lady" on that bike, is it?  :D

Oh, NO, not you, too, Phyllis. No helmet for me, my head is used to bumps & stitches. At 84 we never know how long we can do these crazy things so will just enjoy while I can.

Shirley

Oh, NO!!! I just checked radar & Callie is sending up a real GULLY WASHER!  Thanks a bunch, Callie, just what we needed...

JaneS

Still not feeling up to par....back hurts, headache, stuffy nose, cough.  I'm in isolation!

Have to add....YAY! MICHELE~  prayers are working!

larryhanna

Hi Everyone. It is another clear and hot day here in South Carolina with it to get over 90 degrees this afternoon.  Yesterday was a productive day that got started very early.  I did accomplish quite a few things here in my office but had pushed myself too much and by 7 PM had no energy left.  I tried to make it into my office one more time to get something but made it only a few steps and could go no further so had to sit down on my new Rollator and rest for awhile and then went immediately to bed for the night and it was a long night where I had to fight off several what I call panic attacks when I suddenly felt I couldn't breathe and had to sit up on the side of the bed for awhile.  For the last several days have been having restless leg spells in my right leg during the night and early morning. 

Scott finished putting in the ramp in the garage but they decided it is too steep as was only three feet.  So we will return it.  Unfortunately, I will have to pay the return shipping by UPS but the company is arranging the pickup here at the house.  They will reduce the refund by the shipping amount.  I ordered a four foot different type ramp and hope it will work.  I did get the sandals I had ordered but have to return them as my feet are to swollen to wear them.  So I will have to look for something else. 

Scott advised us last evening that he has made arrangement to get the Comcast Internet reduced speed from what he has had and the phones so he will have reliable phone service in his house.  His cell phone usage has always been off and on and often the calls won't go through.  He wants us to be able to call him and be able to speak to him.  He still was able to save $10 a month over what he was paying.  We are going to offer to get him the portable phones to use with the system once it is installed next week and we see what is needed.

My neighbor was here this morning to help me with the fire alarm situation and then we sat and visited for quite a while, which was most enjoyable.  As a are result didn't get my breakfast finished until noon and have run out of energy.  So just going to check in and then quickly read the postings I haven't read here and will be back tomorrow.

CallieOK

Shirley, not me sending you the gully washer. What woke me up this morning is heading toward Lloyd.

Jenny,  I also saw the hopeful news about Michele as I was heading to bed.
Didn't get in to comment first thing this morning because I was rudely awakened by my cell phone squawking about a flash flood warning.  The TV weather gurus were all excited about a small tornado that had briefly touched down in southwestern Oklahoma and that that storm cell was headed toward the metro. So I got up and started my day faster than I like.
Severe stuff fizzled out before anything got to my house but it has been raining steadily forat least 3 hours.

Anyway.....so glad to see good news about Michele and hope the next procedure goes well,also.

Shirley, love the pic of you and your bike but I agree you should protect your head while riding around campgrounds.  So many new helmet designs these days that surely you could find one that works for you.

Larry, problem with pix on my phone is that I want to change the email account I'd send them from and don't know how to do that.  Dil who takes care of such things will get around to it one of these days.

Janie,  so sorry you're still snuffly and achey. Hope you feel better very soon.

More storms expected later this afternoon.  Don'tthink we have any Soda Shoppers in the direction they're coming from so I can't fuss at anyone.  ;D

Enjoy your day, aeveryfriend

larryhanna

Hi Everyone. In reading the postings I see a couple of things I do want to add a comment about. 

Jane, I did start and run the book exchange for several years and it was very successful as we didn't buy and sell book and the only cost on the exchange was paying the postage cost of the mailing.  We exchanged over 2500 books and I was never made aware of a problem with it in terms of postage reimbursement.

Shirley, I do encourage you to change your thinking about the helmet.  I have now known or known of two people who were killed on bikes when they feel and hit their heads.  One was a member of our Church just within the last two weeks.

Shirley

:banghead:  :bash:  :bonk:  :headspin:  :stars:  :surrender:  :dontknow:  :bow:  :tissue:  Okay, already, I'll THINK about a helmet! This "sweet little old lady is having a problem growing old gracefully".  :-[