Random Image

james

Owner: Beverly
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:16:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Bosom Buddies

Started by Pat, March 29, 2016, 01:17:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

Jane will be here soon I'm sure. She will get you all started.

"Click for Waterloo Wellington, Ontario Forecast"

Marilyn

Hello everyone, I am hoping to see some posts in this forum pretty soon as for me my cold is slightly improved, at least it doesn't hurt when I cough now but I am still blowing a lot out of my sinuses.

Today is signing day for the closing on Keith's office, His ex  has to be there to sign as well so she can claim her &21,107. that was the difference between the property she got in the divorce and the property that Keith got. We had no idea that she had a claim  on the property if it sold. Couldn't find Keith's copy of the divorce papers so she brought over a copy of hers.

dapphne

maryz

Well, we're finally back in - even if we do have to start over again.  Now if I could just remember the various discussions I was posting in.  Sighhhhh 

Marilyn, I hope the cold and the property things will all be over soon.  Hugs!

I went to the lawyer this morning to start the wind-down of the estate.  Let's hope it doesn't take too much longer.

Can't wait to hear from everybody again.
"When someone you love dies, you never quite get over it.  You just learn how to go on without them. But always keep them safely tucked in your heart."

jane

Hi, Marilyn, Maryz, and Dapphne!

It's good to be back here and maybe starting over is a good thing.  Sometimes people get lost in a discussion with a lot of old posts.

Nice day here, I got my walk in, and will go to Yoga at 4:30. 

jane

MaryPage

Good to be back with you.  Hope everyone is doing well.

Jaywalker

I'm here, too  :D  It surely is good to be among the newbies again.  I have registered and worked a bit on my profile ... now all I have to do is get the time right.  That'll be next.  Until then ............... I'll be back!

Just changed the time .... Yea!!!
Jane, on Oregon's south coast
Click for Coos_Bay, Oregon Forecast

maryz

I hadn't thought about working on the profile - guess I'd better do that.  And now to figure out how to find the discussions I was posting in before.  That doesn't seem to be working the same way.  Be patient, Mary - change is hard! 
"When someone you love dies, you never quite get over it.  You just learn how to go on without them. But always keep them safely tucked in your heart."

jane

The other discussions may not be set up yet.  It appears everything is having to be done all over again, so it may take a day or two...or three...to get all the discussions back that people want.

jane

MaryPage

I want most particularly to thank you, Jane, for helping me get into Seniors & Friends today, stupid and bumbling though I have been, and for getting me into here.  You must be, as the others are, devoting your entire day to this, and to just say thanks seems so lame.

How DO you change the time?  And do I NEED to?  Completely in the dark on that one, as I have never even glanced at the time previously.

Marilyn

I can't find where to change the time. Never mind I figured it out.

jane

Time....go to PROFILE/ Modify Profile/Look and Layout and click on Auto-Detect.  It'll put a number in the box which should set your time for your time zone.

jane

joyous

What can I say but THANKS, THANKS, THANKS to all you helped
(particularly Jane and Pat) get this poor BB who doesn't know
much about getting re-registered!!!!!!
I am SO glad and grateful for your help!
Joyous

MaryPage

Hmmm.  I tried that, Jane, and I never found "Look and Layout".

Pat

Ohhh, I'm so happy to see you all here and to see Jane at the helm once more!  Hope you are all spreading the word that we're open!  We've got enough room for newbies as well as oldies!

See you soon! :smitten:

"Click for Waterloo Wellington, Ontario Forecast"

Oldiesmann

MaryPage: Click on "Profile" above. Once there, hover over "Modify Profile" and you'll see a "Look and Layout" option.

MaryPage

Thank you, Oldiesmann!  I did not know about that hovering business.  I am totally challenged in all this new technology.

Well, after all that, it looks to me as though the TIME setting for this forum is normally Eastern time, which is the time where I live, being that I live in Maryland.  So I don't have to do anything about the time.  Am I correct?

Oldiesmann

Yes, you're correct. The default forum time is Eastern time so you don't need to do anything :)

jane

Hurrah...Joy is here, and MaryPage has her time correct.

joyous

Jane: I will NEVER be able thank you enoughfor seeing me through
"getting back on".  It was impossible for me (being so technically challenged) to figure it out although I did try (for
hours) to do so.
Sincerely,
JOY (joyous)

jane

Glad to help, Joy.  We need all our gals here.   :smitten:

MaryPage

Good morning, Dear Buddies!

I could not get in here earlier this morning.  Haven't a smidgeon of a clue what or where the glitch was.

Sunshine is pouring down.  Chip took me to Physical Therapy yesterday, and it almost took my breath away driving along past gorgeous white blooming pear trees in profusion, pink, pink cherry trees at their peak of beautiful, magnolias and forsythia and a pastel mist of lovely, lovely Springtime all around.  I felt we were in Fairyland!

Hope you are all thriving. 

Cottoncandy

well I finally made it in...but dont know how to do a profile photo are the time..Darlene

jane

Hurrah....our Darlene is here!

For the profile photo...

Click on Profile
Forum Profile

The first item is where you put in the url where you have your photo stored [or upload it if on your computer, I guess.]

joyous

GOOD MORNING, BUDDIES! So glad we can be together again.
Prediction for today, tomorrow, and maybe Friday is rain,
thunderstorms, etc. However, it is sunny right now.
Joy

MaryPage

Me too, or if that is grammatically incorrect, I also.  Do not know how to get a picture in here.  I do not have a URL, which I think is a website, but I'm not sure.  Always have had help.  Like you, JOY, I don't think it is an urgent matter at present.  Just enough for us that this plane has wheels on the ground!

Marilyn

Hello every buddy on this fine sunny morning almost noon from Oregon. I am still dealing with this cold. Keith has it too and we sound like we are barking when we cough. Constantly blowing the the old Schnoz as well. Sanitation Co delivered the garbage can and recycle bin to the house this morning and I  stopped the service at the office yesterday.

The Ex will be getting a check for 26 thousand when the buyer pays up she added 5,000 for interest on top of the 21 thousand.  I am so glad that is over, she is not a nice person even the daughter in laws say she is very difficult and that's putting it nicely. She is getting about ½ of what Keith will be getting. That really sucks!! However The good news  is that we will finally tie the knot probably the end of April or  the first part of May. I am having a ring my mother gave me repaired and have to wait on that The diamonds had to be ordered  and that high quality  takes time to put into the ring very carefully so they won't fall out again.

SharonE

Hi Gals, I'm here too!  Haven't tried to change the profile yet, but will eventually.

I'm still having back/walking problems. More injections scheduled for next Tues! Ugh.

Marilyn, I'm so glad the office sale is all finished and that you can set the date now.  I hope you both get over your colds or bronchitis quickly.

Mary, I hope the weather cooperates with your plans for the memorial service tree planting this weekend. It should give you all a bit of closure and comfort.

Mary Page, it is really beautiful here too. I love the spring, but then I love the fall too.

I'm so glad everyone is finding their way in.  Hi to all.  Sharon

Jaywalker

Good afternoon ...  I am happy to see all y'all coming in and getting settled again.  Things are pretty much "same ol' same ol'" around my corner of the world.  I am enjoying a beautiful sunny day and "they" say there are more to come.   :thumbup:  The man who is supposed to take care of my yard hasn't been able to get here for quite a while because of the rain.  He said he'd be back when the weather permitted. 

The last time he was here, he pruned my apple tree and left a pile of branches that he said he'd come back and put out for pick up .... they're still piled outside my window as I type .... there is a lot of work awaiting him whenever he gets here ... and my neighbor told him when he finishes with my yard she has some work for him at her place.  We all enjoy the rain but it really makes the weeds, shrubs and grass pop up and need attention.   :o

Jane, on Oregon's south coast
Click for Coos_Bay, Oregon Forecast

jane

Good to see Sharon and JaneW here!

Marilyn...good news on the office sale and getting beyond all of that.  I think I caught your cold! Bummer!

What a day this has been.  We went to Dbq for a doc appt for Ray.  We go back next week for a stress test and they did a heart thing in the office.  We left and stopped at a store for a sweatshirt for Ray.  He scraped his leg on a low shelf...and bled and bled all over everything.  I got him back to the clinic and to Acute Care...and 21 stitches later we were off to Olive Garden for lunch!  We go back Friday for a followup.  It's been raining on and off, and with this cold I woke up with, I'm beat!!

Jane