Random Image

Cuddling

Owner: Beverly
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:40:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for November 1, 2018

Started by so_P_bubble, November 01, 2018, 03:06:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

larryhanna

Hi Everyone. We are in for another cloudy and somewhat rainy day.  My main activity for today is a quick trip to Walmart to pick up a prescription and to get a few items we need so we can delay our next trip to Costco a couple of days. The person I was suppose to meet with this morning had to reschedule until tomorrow morning.  So it should be a pretty quiet day.  Yesterday I did get to the podiatrists office and had my toenails trimmed and also met earlier with the friend who came over.

mycheal, that was a very nice and appropriate tribute to our military and their families who have and continue to sacrifice so much for our country.  I was angry yesterday when I heard that the President of France made the comment about the European nations needed to arm to protect themselves from Russia and from us.  I guess we have been such a treat to them in the past only fighting two World Wars to save them and then help them rebuilt.  GRRR!

deAngel, thanks for the followup info on why Tiger turned down so much money to play golf over there. 

June, nice to see that Gary is now doing your grocery ordering for you.  Glad you liked the fish dinner.  I remember we used to get frozen fish sticks that were always tasty.  Now Pat fixes Tilapia, which we like a lot and it doesn't have the breading on it like the fish sticks. It sounds like you made a hit with Mike Chamberlin.  I can still hear Patti Page singing the "Tennessee Waltz" as well as a couple of other singers. We don't need to meet in person and sure each of us has an image in our heads of what the other folks must look like and the avatars helped in that regard. I hope you were able to enjoy your birthday supper last evening. 

Callie, it sounds like you have been enjoying your activities.  Nice to have the time to be leisurely.  Joint replacement are really something anymore and your DIL should see great changes when she complete her recovery. 

Lloyd, glad to read you have arrived safely home and that you had a good trip even if you did arrive home very tired. 

Amy, sure don't envy you going to those dances this winter.  Please be careful when you are out in the ice and snow.   

Jane, isn't it expensive to ship pumpkins?  You wouldn't spoil your family members would you?  :)  Pat fixed an acorn squash with stuffing in the middle for our dinner last evening.  She had a really had time cutting the squash in two.  It was quite tasty. 

Gloria, sure hope your grandson was able to get your lemon fixed up again.  After many rainy days we really do appreciate those sunny ones even when it it cold.  You are right about our inability to speed up the return of electric service by calling.  Those pictures on refrigerators are really special.  Like you it has been many years since one adorned our refrigerator and not likely it will ever happen again. 

Shirley, I never like to hear of wrecks due to snow and ice. Be careful when you are out today as you have a lot of work to do in preparation for the holidays.  :) 

Lloyd Hammond

well we did have a good trip all in all, but i was filling water tank and left it filling too long and ran it over had a valve in the wrong position and it split water on the power converter and burnt it out ( changes the power from the genrater to 120 volt or 12 volt where it is supposed to be, it cost $585. and some change a holder for the indignation came loose and shorted some wiring but I got it backed off with out doing damage. a $100 labor got them put back in shape.
a total of $685 all together. all we spent except fuel. Nancy hasent added it up yet to see how much we spent. but I think we spent less on fuel than we would have spent on a motel every day if we would Ben traveling in car. got up this morning and had cows out and helping them selves to hay. not what they eat that way but damage to it. I seen where the went back so I have to go repair the fence. we are very cold here down to 11º last night. sun is shining and no wend so docent feel so cold. I think I am going to go take a nap for a while before fixing the fence. I un roiled a big bale of hay for them
so don't think they will be bothering for a while. Nap time see you all later.

Lloyd

JaneS

Pumpkin is all cleaned and cooking.  I always cook before peeling.  It's easier on the hands that way.  I have some time to myself so I thought I'd see what everyone is up to. 

I see LLOYD decided to check out the zzzzs.  I'm pretty sure that's somewhere in my future today.  I did the outside errands and once the pumpkin is cooked and packed, I might close my eyes for a bit.  Tonight I want to start making PB centers while I either listen to music or  watch a movie. 

Still wishing you a good day!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

JaneS

BOY!  I wouldn't exactly say the joint's jumping today!  No one's been by since I was here at about noon today.  I hope everyone is OK and just having so much fun they don't have time to post.

I'm off to bed.  I wish you all a peaceful night's rest and a happy day tomorrow.  If I'm the first one here in the morning, I'm not talking.  I'll wait until you all have your say!

Good Night, Everyfriend and may God bless us, every one!

Lloyd Hammond

JaneS I am with you it seamed to been a slow day posting yesterday.  oh well
we had a busy easy day for the most part. fed the cattle and un packed the RV.
Bob and another friend came over and drained the water out and emptied all the holding tanks so to not freeze. going to come back today and help to put
the RV fluid in the lines to make sure the are freeze prof. wish we had a heated garage large enough to put it in. oh well back to bed for more ZZZes. see you all Later today. hope you are all having a sweet restful night with sweet dreams.

Lloyd

Amy

Good morning

Ok Jane , you can speak now :)

We are picking our neighbour up this morning, he is taking his truck in again to see if they can put a plow on it again. They have to modify the mounting harness somehow..lets hope it works this time. I need to wash and vacuum our vehicle as he may use it to take his Mom to a Dr appointment. He did try to rent a vehicle but nothing at the time was available yet.

I also need to "fix" what the road crew didn't, they left a winrow of gravel along the side of  the road and can you just imagine me hitting that with the snow blower? It would be like buckshot going off!!

After removing the snow yesterday I tackled a long awaited job, putting recipes that were either given to me or I had downloaded into plastic sleeves and finally into a binder.....that job is done...….now to tackle quilt patterns next!

Larry, seems you had a nice quiet day and hope today is also a restful one for you.

Shirley, there are so many things to do to get ready for winter and somehow it sneaks up on you. I still have to put the markers out along the one walkway. Today I will try and remember to do that!

Gloria, I didn't hear anyone say they didn't like the snow yesterday......we were all saying just how beautiful it is!

Lloyd, hope you found more zzz's

June..missing your posts.

Joy ,hope you are ok and feeling better.

Better get a move on here.

Enjoy your day everyone..

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Joy

Good morning, Amy and Jane, (when you get here)..

Amy, I am doing good. I am here early, as I have an medical appointment this morning and got up early, so I don't have to rush.

Hate getting up when it is still dark out.   They are calling for a "wintry mess" tomorrow, so I am glad my appointment is today.

Still need to get a shower and get dressed.  Couldn't eat any breakfast this morning, so that gives me a little extra time, also. 

Amy, good luck with all your errands today and  Jane, hope you have an easy day.

Will try to check back later on in the day.

Joy
BIG BOX

JaneS

Well!  There you are!  At least SOME of you are around and talking.  I was very lonely yesterday!

I'll be off to my post at Wally World this morning but not until 11.  I have an errand to do and I'm going to try to do it before I go to work.  I'm not sure how the timing will work out but maybe it will have to wait for tomorrow.  We'll see.

LLOYD, you are very lucky to have Bob for a friend!  He seems to show up at just the right time whenever you need him.

AMY watch out for those stone piles.  It seems that road crews really don't give a hoot about the people along their routes.  They just do their job and that's it!

It was down in the mid 20s over night but it's all the way up to 34 right now.  I do believe winter has arrived in my part of the world.

I hope you all have a good day!  Take it and make it your own in every way.

Lloyd Hammond

AMY I did and a couple of friends came over yesterday and drained all of the water and liquid lines and holding tanks on the R V . they are coming back today and put the safe antifreeze in the lines for the winter,wish I had a heated garage for it. I could park it in the shop but not heated there. and I would have no place to go play. I did catch up with Peter on Skype this AM. we had a good chat even chatted with Gene, she came in and took Peter;s head phones put them on and visited. well it is time to go to couch and fiend a good movie and maybe a short nap. too bad I don't do a better job of sleep at night any more.
Too much abuse when I was driving a truck in my younger days I guess.
Have a great day just as you like.

Shirley when we were coming home we wanted to jog up your way and see you but it was snowing too much at the time so we just came on home. Nancy was too un wound. so we decided we would get the RV home and put to bed for winter, we will in the spring take another jaunt and try to make it happen then.

Lloyd

Lloyd Hammond

JaneS yes we are blessed with good friends both here on line and in person.
wish everyone a great day and a better tomorrow.

Lloyd

Gloria

Good morning everyone, loo like winter in on the way. When I pulled up the shades and looked out I thought I was having eye problems seeing a bit of white flying by at times. Just heard on the news we will be having snow flurries at times before it turns to rain. At 30 I would rather see snow than rain. Rain would freeze on the road. My son and DIL will be leaving Arizona tonight and landing here at 1:30 in the morning and then driving home. They left their car in Long time parking at the airport so no one has to go pick them up. I pray the weather folks are wrong once again.

SHIRLEY  I used to be able to drink coffee and sleep but now after the morning coffee I do  drink any more after that.

LARRY  if you put an acorn squash in the microwave for about 1 minute it will soften it just enough so it is easier to cut, When I get one now I wait till one of my sons come and cut them for me. I was surprised when as soon as my little one came in he handed me 2 papers and told me they were for my fridge. Love it.

LLOYD   now you know what not to do with the water on your next trip.

JANE  when I made those PB balls and dipped them in chocolate I had a special spoon I bought for the dipping, worked great and better than the toothpicks I used at first. The recipe I had called them Buckeyes.

AMY  hope you have better luck than me getting those recipes into the binder. I have so many old ones and new ones that I want to do that with but they keep piling up and I have the plastic sleeves in the binders already but never seem to have time to do it. Just lazy mostly. I still love looking at the snow even if I no longer get out to enjoy it. Too scared of falling now.

JOY  I am lucky, all my medical appointments are in warmer months with no snow. I have a problem putting on winter coats. Too heavy not for me to handle.

Have a great day.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

larryhanna

Hi Everyone. We are in for another cloudy and rainy day with 100% chance of rain this evening and a fairly high percentage chance throughout the day.  This will be a relatively busy morning as between 9-11 the man is coming to check my oxygen concentrator for the normal 3 month checkup and at 10 am a friend will be here to work with me for an hour. I have completed all of my morning kitchen duties including just fixing Pat's breakfast.  Now it is time to rest awhile sitting here at my desk. This evening is our annual Thanksgiving Day Wednesday night meal at the Church with turkey and dressing and all the trimmings.  This is the one evening a year we have several veterans from the VA hospital, usually in wheelchairs, join us and also the rescue or comfort dogs will be there again this year as they were a big hit last year with not only the vets but also all attending the meal. Later Scott will be out to spend a couple of hours with us.

Lloyd, sorry to hear your little accident with the water was a pretty expensive one.  At least you know why it happened.  Were the cows glad to see you back feeding them or were they indifferent as long as they got fed?  Nice of your neighbors to help you get the motor home ready for winter. 

Jane, I suggested to Pat that in the future she cook the squash before stuffing it since it was so hard to cut.  I have no idea whether that was a good idea or not.  How did you cook the pumpkin?  I hope you were able to get some of your PB centers made last evening if that was what you wanted to do.

Amy, you sounds like the type of neighbor we all would like to have as always there to help when needed.  Good luck with your sorting.  I did organize Pat's printed out recipes sometime ago but she keeps printing them out and haven't gone back to update the index.  Yesterday was a restful day for me. 

Joy, I hope your medical appointment this morning goes well and it doesn't tire you out too much.  I also hate getting up when it is dark but found I could turn the light on in the little alcove before we go into our master bedroom and it provides light to get dressed by and see what I am doing.  It doesn't shine in Pat's eyes so doesn't wake her up. 

Gloria, I bet you will be glad to see your son and DIL safely home and I sure hope they don't experience any bad conditions from the airport.  This will be a long day for them as that is a long flight.  Thanks for the info on the softening of the acorn squash and I will certainly give this information to my wife.  I had hoped that my medical appointments were over for this year but think I am going to have to go to the prompt care facility to have them listen to see if they can hear any accumulation of fluid around my heart or lungs as have been coughing quite a bit and wheezing, almost like gurgling at night when I go to bed or lay down in the afternoon.  I had occasion to talk with my cardiologist's nurse yesterday afternoon and she encouraged me to have it checked out.  I plan on doing that tomorrow morning after I take my friend back to the assisted living facility as the care clinic is right up the street from where he lives. 

Sandy

Good Wednesday Morning,  Everyone from
the very cold and windy, rocky coast of Maine... 

The wind chill factor here is 13 deg F.... and
windy,  which means that I have to dress warmer
inside,  and put on my Lasko  Cyclonic Ceramic Heater..

This along with my insulated black out window
curtains,  helps me maintain the heat
in my apartment when days are cold
and blustery.        Winters is here!!!

I had an appointment yesterday with my
Urologist, and am pleased with results, 
which turn out to be pretty normal and
uncomplicated for  a gal my age...   

This ends many checkups that I have had this
Summer with good results.     (YEAH!) 

So now on to the process of continuing to age
and dealing with the normal obstacles that
are found on  my journey into old age.

I am in "great shape for the shape I am in", 
and hanging in there!

Which I am very grateful for!

Have a good day,  Everyone
Sandy
:D
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

JaneS

GLORIA, I don't make peanut butter balls and dip them.  I make peanut butter cups like Reese's only better! 

Gotta get a move on or I'll be late for my show at Wally World.

JaneS

LARRY, I cut my pumpkin in large pieces and then steamed it and let it cool then peeled it.  Then I stuck it in the food processor.  It's a lot easier now than it was back in the old days but it's still time-consuming. 

Carol

The furnace came on early this morning - it is cooler in Tucson now - but much colder at home in Colorado.  We are this year going to be home for Christmas and first a birthday party for Don (a December baby). 

Congrats to the young Scout!  Good for him!

A shout-out to our Don Reid!   :grouphug:  We care about you.

We are invited to a younger couples home for Thanksgiving - it is so sweet of them to include us.  I try not to think about how different it is being away from family and it will be so nice to be home for two weeks at Christmas.  Am under orders to not do any kitchen work, etc. and they are planning our lives now from the moment we arrive.   

Amy:  Moose Farts are in the Pinterest site so I saved the recipe (I think it is saved).  Thanks.  Stay well, how is hubby? 

Sandy:  Sorry about your pain with the muscle pull.  Would a sling help your arm?  May each and every day help heal your arm.

Gloria:  I hope your family in Kingman are doing well.  Wondering if they have smoke from the CA fires. 

One son is in San Francisco this week an he tells us the air quality is really poor from all the smoke.  There are so many sad stories from these fires and more to come I am afraid to hear. 

I baked two loaves of pumpkin bread yesterday and plan to make 4 more this week.  Also, made a pumpkin pudding (it wasn't anything to write home about).   

Amy

:hb3: :hb2: :  :Don    :hb3: :hb2: :hb3:

May your day be as special as you are ...please stop in and say hello......
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Mary Ann

Happy Birthday, Don, may you have many more.   I also hope your health will improve to the point you can fly to Israel again.

Mary Ann

JaneS

I'm home and glad to be away from WM today!  I hadn't heard the weather report but someone told me the prediction is for up to 8+ inches of snow tonight and into tomorrow.  That's why we were so busy today.  It was worse than any Friday with the possible exception of Black Friday

I managed enough energy to pick up the odds and ends on my list after work but now I'm beat right down to my sox.  I'd say I'm all in but my shoe strings but I'm not wearing shoes with strings.  I think I'll go grab a nap and see how I feel after that.  I might mix up something after supper tonight.  I'm playing it by ear.

I'm also a bit confused.  Whose birthday is it today?  I thought Carol was talking about her husband, Don's birthday in December and all at once, we're wishing our Don, aka Radioman a happy birthday.  Please clear the air.  I don't want to miss anything.

Sandy, I'm sorry if I missed something about your arm.  I thought it was on the heal.  If you are having problems, I'm so sorry.  Do whatever you have to for relief and don't worry about what doesn't get done. 

Later, friends!  You all take care of YOU!

Denver

S P E C I A L
H A P P Y  B I R T H D A Y
W I S H E S

🎈 R A D I O M A N 🎈

I hope you had a nice day.  Best wishes for many more.

Today is my Bob’s 75th Birthday.  He has talked to all of the family but we did not get together with any of them today.  It is so hard for the families to do things during the week.  Hopefully we can celebrate this weekend. 

It was a bit warmer today and it sure was welcomed.  We went out to lunch to a Cuban Restaurant.  It was interesting, and I doubt we will go back.  Nothing bad, just not something we enjoyed that much. 

CAROL, our family in Paso Robles are dealing with the smoke as well.  Those fires are just so frightening.  I knew it was cooler down your way, but nothing like it is here, thank goodness.  Happy you have a younger family to share your Thanksgiving Meal with.  We plan to be in Vail to be with Dr. Dave and Family, if the weather will allow.

LLOYD, I have to be honest to tell you that I am shocked you are already back home.  I thought sure you and Nancy would want to spend more time in Arizona enjoying the warmer weather.  Happy your good friends can help you out with getting the motor home winterized.  I wish I had a motor home as I sure would rather be in Arizona than here in the cold and snow.

I hope EVERYFRIEND has a good evening.

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

so_P_bubble

A new page for Soda Shoppe begins HERE