Random Image

Winter07.JPG

Owner: donklan
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:52:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for November 1, 2018

Started by so_P_bubble, November 01, 2018, 03:06:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gloria

Good morning everyone, well we had more rain yesterday but today is supposed to be warm and dry. Will wait and see.

LARRY I am so glad the election is over, so tired of all the phone calls and having programs on TV off because of debates. Record turnout here, too. Thankful for the absentee ballots. The 102 year old we have here was taken to a nursing home yesterday. We will all miss her. Even blind she got around great with her rollator the last 2 years.

MARY ANN  I have had KFC from different places and some were better than others, some very greasy and other dry but since the change in owner I really do not like it and the commercials are stupid IMHO.

JANE  you have a bigger family than I do so you do have to make more. I miss the days when I could do all the baking and candy making. I know everyone enjoyed what they got.

Have a good day everyone.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Amy

Good morning everyone..

Windy here but the rain has stopped. We are off to the city to finish up on what we didn't do on Mon. Meeting daughter in love for lunch and I am picking up more quilts. I either have more men's quilts when I need ladies or vice versa.

Yesterday, I stopped in at a garage to see if would take us when needed. The garage that we have been going to since '92 is closing, thankfully this one will take us.

Jane ,could it be you have been going 100 MPH and have had a lot of stress on your plate??? I hope you feel better today .

Mary Ann, the neighbour came over to return a plate and I sent him back with a quart of soup. I enjoy nice hot soup also..not just luke warm. If I had to pick a favorite it would be beef barley.....or chicken noodle.but  not store bought.

Joy, I hope you got your phone call from the Dr. so frustrating when you are waiting and they seem to take their time.. Finding a Dr  is like finding hens teeth in a bag of rice  anymore!!

June, love reading about your day and how you are doing.

Oh time is slipping away on me!!

Good morning Gloria!!

Enjoy your day everyone..
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  We're in "wait" mode for the doggies pills and when that's up I'll have to be on the move.  It finally stopped raining here and the sun is supposed to shine today so maybe the trees will get finished and my gutters will be cleaned out.  I have to work 11 to 3 but he's going to finish and he said I don't need to be here when he does. 

I've got everything out to do the cracker dipping and if all goes well, I'll be up to my eyeballs in chocolate by this time on Thursday.  And by the end of the day, a lot of it will be packed and ready for giving.  My niece always orders 12 bags for giving to her friends and I have to have that ready by the time the girls go home for Thanksgiving break from the nearby college.  She's the one whose husband is a manager at the  Starbucks plant and we work an exchange deal for Starbucks Christmas Blend coffee which I, in turn give to my kids for Christmas.  Good Deal for both of us!

AMY, have a safe trip and a lovely lunch with DILove.

I hope you all have a good day, free of pain and full of smiles!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Mary Ann

I think the rain has quit here for the time being, but radar shows some still in the area.

Amy, I think if you tried the Progresso Chicken and Noodle Soup, assuming it is available in your area, I think you'd like it.  What we've had has rotini (sp?) noodles and plenty of those and chicken.  It is head and shoulders over the Campbell soup which I always accepted - until now.  I don't make soups any more.

Dentist this morning and plumber this afternoon.  That takes care of the day.

I also am so glad the election is over.  I had one call at 4 pm yesterday and that was it.  I think I can rest about six months before the 2020 campaigning starts in full.

Mary Ann

larryhanna

Hi Everyone. We have a beautiful sunny morning but suppose to have clouds and rain later in the day and evening. We will be getting into the mid-70's this afternoon.  I stayed up until after midnight last night watching the election returns.  Pat is planning on going to her craft group this morning and so I will take her and then go on down the street from the Church and have coffee with my men friends.  This evening is our normal Wednesday night dinner at the Church and later Scott will be out to spend a couple of hours with us.

I will soon have to leave for the morning so will not try to post to individuals where I made a posting over in Norm's B&T Discussion. However, I will read each posting carefully and if I don't get finished I will return this afternoon and finish up. 

Jane, hope that electrician did make it to your house yesterday so you can mark that task off your list.  Sorry to see you were not feeling very well yesterday and hope that is a thing of the past today.  Thirty-five dozen of anything is really a lot.  I hope you can work it out to get to see your grandson and his Mexican girl friend and her son. 

June, it is nice to read that you are so happy with your living facilities.  I expect we would all love to have you as our neighbor also, I know I would. 

Gloria, I hope you can get outside and enjoy your warm and dry day there.  Maybe things will have a chance to dry out a bit from all of the rain you have had.  Our predicted bad weather missed us entirely yesterday with only a brief shower and no wind that I was aware of.  It was cloudy most of the day. I am with you in being glad the election is over.  I sure hope Georgia doesn't end up having to do a runoff in early December for Governor as that would mean another month of terrible, nasty commercials.  Commercials for a lot of things seem stupid to me and sometimes I wonder what they are advertising as the ads don't have much to do with the product.  I especially don't like those that have a lot of noise in the background. 

Amy, I hope you have a great lunch with your daughter in love.  Glad you were able to line up a garage. 

I did get through all of the posting so be back tomorrow. 

Joy

Good morning.

Gloria,  Nice to see your message, as I know you have not been feeling all that great and not posting as much as you used to.  I always enjoyed reading your nice long messages.  Hope you are feeling better.

Amy, I did not hear back from the doctor's office yesterday, so I did call back this morning. I just had a call back a little while ago. And, everything seems to be all in order.

Jane, sounds like your candy making is going along ok.  I used to do all that but just am not up to it anymore.  Last year, I did make some cookies that my family just love,  but not sure if I will be up to it this year.  My son has offered to help, but since I have a very small kitchen,  I  just don't think it would work out too good. I think we would be getting in each other's way.  And, he kind of impatient, so I am sure it just wouldn't work.  I don't have any girls to help. 
Your peanut butter  crackers sound like they would be easy.  Last year, I did make the ones like the Girl Scout thin mint cookies. You had told me about the Almond bark chocolate bar for dipping them in.  I still have some of that left.  I can do them  sitting down and I might try some of them.  I guess the peanut butter ones on the saltine crackers would be similar ????

I need to get dressed and get some chores done.  I would like to do down to the library  later on today.  I will get my walking in that way.

Have a good rest of the day.

Joy

BIG BOX

June Drabek

Good morning all....nearly noon out here. Cool and cloudy today...a nice change.

Gloria, I too prefer Progresso soups. One can gives me two servings.

Larry, I think you and your wife would love living here at Rountree Gardens, and I would certainly enjoy you as neighbors,

I went down for Bible study today...directed by our resident Pastor. He loves teaching and it is obvious.

Now I have to scoot back down for lunch. will see you all later Jume
As long as we are here, let's dance.

Denver

Good afternoon.  I wrote a post yesterday but forgot to finish it, so when I got back in late last night, it was not here.  I must stop doing this....too confusing for me and a waste of time. 

We pretty much only watched the returns last night, even though I said I was not going to do it!  There is not much to wait on as with early voting the winners are pretty much announced immediately after the polls close.  We had a bond issue for the local schools and it passed by the hair of a chinny chin chin!  It is needed badly but many were against it due to past board issues and too much cream on the top!  I hope the powers that be will utilize this money wisely.  I do not like to have to pay higher taxes but I do want the children to have a good education. 

GLORIA, yes, Matthew is quite young to have accomplished Eagle Scout.  You have to do it by the time you are 18 and he just turned 13.  He and his dad are very dedicated to his scouting and chose to do this rather than continue in La Crosse, which he was also very involved in.  He was on a competitive traveling team and he just could not do both at the same time.  This opened up a lot of extra time to get all of his badges done.  It has been a very long dedicated process to get where he is. 

LARRY, this is the last step to accomplish Eagle Scout for Matt, but he is not elgeable to be awarded it until he has been a Life Scout for six months and that will early spring of 2019.  He has more merit badges than he needs, but he still has to wait for the time frame to come.  Yes, we do have Mimi’s here, and one is quite close.  For some reason we have never eaten there....guess we better go check it out.

JANE, happy to see that the tree men are going to finish up today.  Did the electrician ever come yesterday? 

JOY, glad you finally had a call back from your doctor.....how frustrating when you do not hear from them when expected.  Glad all is well.

CAROL, yes, you do know about the McCafrey Brothers at Valor.  They are a very nice family.  Thank you for the kind words for Matt.  I was one of the folks that knew it was a great accomplishment and was a plus on a resume BUT had no idea of the dedication it takes to become a Eagle Scout.  I thought the same about gettin to medical school....I just thought one would study hard and just got in.  Boy did I find out when it was time for Dr. Dave to apply how much he had been planning for years to make sure he was qualified to be accepted.  Hope you and Don are enjoying being back in AZ. 

I miss not seeing a post from Lloyd....I do hope he and Nancy are doing well. 

Continued thoughts and prayers for Andy, SHIRLEY.  I hope you have been able to settle down a bit and relax too. 

Have a good evening, EVERYFRIEND.

Jenn
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Carol

We are back from our two-hour weekly class - mostly military history.  A retired 2 star general leads us and he is well-informed - even was a t.v.national commentator plus has a sense of humor. 

Weather in Tucson is perfect right now.  It is daily in the high 70's and low 80's ad chilly at night so the entire house cools nicely. 

I read all the notes from several days and forgot to write any down - so I just want to wish all the tough issues away for each of you. 

Jenny:  Your note just appeared.   Congratulations to your new Eagle Scout.  One of our grandson earned it too and it actually is nice to have on a resume.  Some people know the work that goes into earning that merit.  I know the school - Valor. 

Lindancer

Good evening

Mary Ann, I watched early returns, and the more I watched and listen to all those talking head I was getting more confused. I then turned to the local channel and found out more what I wanted to know about our local race.  With in a half hour our governor was giving his  speech thanking everyone. After awhile I went to Hallmark and relaxed. I do have to say at 3AM I was watching ABC again to see all the results

Jenny, I know how proud you are of Matt, at making Eagle Scout at 13. I Know how hard that was , as my next door neighbor's grandson  did it and he was almost 18, I also think it is a great achievement to stay in Scouts that long in this day and age

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

Lloyd Hammond

well I finely found time to slow down before bedtime and pot. I had a real good night's sleep Last night. first one sense we left home. we have had a real good time with brother and Sister in love as AMY says. we are going to stay one more day and short half here. then Friday noon go out on the res. ans spend a couple days with our son and his wife. then back home. good to have a vacation but it
wares this old man out. love my wife dearly but she is not a good traveling partner. she however is heaving a good time here. but is not wiling to go on to Idaho. oh well home and in spring maybe another trip some where.see you all
later. good night and sweet dreams.

Lliyd

JaneS

I guess I was more tired than I thought when I came home from work.  I posted what I meant for here over in Photos.  So if I did it right, I'm going to copy it here where it belongs.  Here goes....

Today was a BUSY day at good old Wally World!  I got two of the worst registers in the store and then I went looking for some things that I need and couldn't find any of them.

The GOOD news is the sun came out today and so did the tree guys and they not only finished the trees and cut and stacked the wood for me to sell, they cleaned out my rain gutter and down spouts.  So I have to count today a good day in spite of the registers and not finding what I need.

Tomorrow is another day and hopefully, the electrician will show up.  I can't even call him because I don't know who he is.  My son decided he's going to pay this part of the job and he's bringing a guy that does electrical work for his store.  So I just have to wait it out.  Hopefully, the insulation will be done next week.

In the meantime, I've had a nice nap and a good supper and I feel much better.

JaneS

JENNY, I forgot to add my congratulations to the rest for your grandson.  He must be a special person to realize at such a young age that you can't do it all and be willing to give up one thing he enjoys to concentrate on another.  As a lifetime Girl Scout, I can understand the work that goes into achieving merit badges on different levels.  Please give him my congratulations!  And my best wishes for his future.

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone. well yesterday I woke up at 7:30 well rested , today is another story I have been up severally times and do not feel rested. I think will
try for some more ZZZ"S. hope you all have a great day. will try to check in later on.

Lloyd

Amy

Good morning everyone.

We had a productive day yesterday. Had a delicious Chinese buffet with daughter in love and then headed home.  Saw one accident on the way in and another on the way home!! The one lad wiped out a mail box and removed part of a fence when he lost control. Not sure what happened to the other, looks like not paying attention to the road and kissed a rock setting the air bag off. No serious injuries on both but I bet it scared the dickens out of them!!

Today I am cleaning out the fridge....was going to cover the front porch swing but still too wet out there. Plus a few other jobs that need to be done....

Joy, happy to read all is in order...

Jane,hope your electrician comes today and that will be one less job to worry about. Hope today is an easier one for you.

Larry, we did have a nice lunch, we both love the shrimp and the rice pudding there. She brought us a sympathy card they both signed for GG and a delicious banana bread she made!!

Gloria, heavy clouds here this morning but just maybe the sun might peek out. Hope you also have a sunny day.

Mary Ann I will look for that as I have noticed that product here but have yet to try it. I am so used to putting a pot of homemade  on the back of the cookstove and just letting it cook. This might be something to have on hand when I don't feel like making a pot.

Lloyd, hope you caught some zzz'ss..

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

larryhanna

Hi Everyone. WE had some heavy rain with thunderstorms last night after 8 pm.  Today we will get up to the mid-60's with a chance of rain all day.  I don't have much on the schedule for today except going to the Thursday coffee after picking up my friend.  After I return him to his apartment I will stop at Walmart to pick up a couple of prescriptions for Pat and then pick up an online grocery order.  I plan to spend the rest of the day restfully as am tired today.  Scott didn't make it out after dinner at the Church last night so am not sure when he will get here.  It could be later today or later this week. We made our plans for Thanksgiving and will go to Cracker Barrel on Wednesday for our Thanksgiving dinner.  I plan on getting a pumpkin pie from Costco that we can have on Thanksgiving.

Joy, does your living facility have a nice library?  We didn't make candy last year but may break down and made some peanut clusters.  Pat found a great recipe that uses the crock pot.  It is very easy.  The hardest part is dipping them out on wax paper as the recipe makes a lot. 

June, nice to see you had some cool and cloudy weather to enjoy as a change.  I am sure we would enjoy living at Rountree Gardens. 

Jenny, I was looking forward to watching the election returns as it met we might get sometime off from the incessant political ads on TV, mailers and phone calls.  I am glad your school bond issue passed.  That was one thing that the county we moved from over in Georgia had supported for a long time and they have many beautiful schools although they had a had time keeping ahead of the continual population increase in the County.  From the 1980 when we first moved there with a population of 100,000 it had increased to around 900,000 people by the time we moved 4 years ago.  Most of us don't like paying the higher taxes but it sure makes it more palatable when you can see something tangible from them such as schools, libraries, parks and other public facilities that benefit the whole community.  Thanks for the info on the Eagle Scout requirements.  As I recall on the features of Mimi's restaurants is their delicious muffins and the food was good. 

Carol, a two-hour class is a long time for Seniors.  I hope you found the class worthwhile and a little humor never hurts. 

deAngel, I sure wasn't watching any of the returns at 3 AM although stayed with them until midnight, much after my normal time to be asleep.

Lloyd, nice to read you are having such a good time.  It sounds like you will have to get home to rest up from your vacation.  At least it is a nice change of pace.  It sounds like Nancy misses her own home. 

Jane, it sounds like a bad day at Walmart for you.  Had you made the manager mad to give you two of the worst registers?  Glad your tree cutting project has been completed and the added bonus of getting the rain gutter and down spout cleaned.  It sounds like things are moving along for you and glad to see your son is taking care of the electrician for you. 

Amy, it sounds like yesterday was a dangerous day for driving with seeing the two accidents.  We are finding it is great to have food in the freezer for the main part of a meal as often neither Pat nor I feel like dealing with getting a meal.  I expect tonight will be some homemade enchiladas that we had frozen but are in the refrigerator now thawing.   

Mary Ann

Amy, I think you will enjoy the soup when you try it because it is not all broth, it's a lot of noodles and chicken.  I've been known to eat the contents of the can, but usually there is some left, but not half of it, June.  I don't get two meals from the can.

Mary Ann

Joy

Still can say good morning.   It is a sunny day, but supposed to be a rainy week end and then get down in the 40's all next week. 

Larry, yes, we do have a nice library.  I have been told that it had been the office when it was still a school.  There is also a computer room attached to it.  I think there are 3 or 4 computers, and a printer in there.  I really don't think it is used to much, tho.  They recently started a program for paying your rent on-line and there was a couple times set up for people to learn how to do that.  I am not sure just how many people do that.  Most of the ones that I know do not.  Most of the residents just aren't that interested in working on the computer.  They have had classes in the past for ones that want to learn, but I don't think they had a very good response.

A lot of older people just aren't interested.  I love my computer and, like MaryAnn has mentioned, I. too,  spend a lot of time on it.  But, I love to look up things and I have several other groups that I participate in and of course, I love to look at the webcams.  if I can't sleep, I will come out and get on the computer and that kind of relaxes me and I can usually go back to sleep.   I don't do any banking online, but I do shop on different sites.  And, I do enjoy my e-mails.   

I have a friend who is in her 90's and she has moved in with her son and DIL.  They have encouraged her to use an I-Pad, ( I guess that is what it is) instead of bringing her desktop computer.  And, she is not happy about that, as she finds it so confusing.  Sometimes her e-mails come through and sometimes they don't.  I am sure her son would help her more, but she is hesitant about asking.  She said they are so busy with their own jobs, that she hates to bother them.  She will send me an e-mail and then call me to see if I got it. 

My son and I are going to my grandson's for Thanksgiving.  My oldest son always has dinner, but if I go to my grandson's I get to see the great-grands  I am not sure who all will still be going to my son's.   I feel bad, but it is hard for the grandchildren to go there, as it is nothing there for them to do.  My other two sons don't have any children,  so they are just not used to having little ones around.  And, there house is not all that child-friendly.  Too many things to break !!!  But, we did the same thing last year, and it all worked out ok.

I am slow getting myself together today.  Have been very lazy so far.  Now, it is almost lunch time, so hopefully, after lunch, I will get motivated to get a few things done.

Jenny, I will add my congratulations to your grandson on achieving his Eagle scout project.  That is a great achievement, especially at 13 years old.  My two oldest boys were in Cub Scouts and Boy Scouts but didn't stay with it once they got out of school.  I was a Den Mother and my husband had been a Cub Scout and a Boy Scout leader.  We enjoyed those times.

Hope everyone will have a great afternoon.

Joy

BIG BOX

Lindancer

Amy, I have always enjoyed a Chinese Buffet where I can choose my food. I like egg drop soup and shrimp and lobster sauce over rice the best. They also have king crab claws.  Our last RH luncheon was at a Japanese Hibachi that was fun,

Joy our library has what they call kindergarten classes for  folks who know nothing about PC's  I took the class on learning how to use E Bay.  They have a lot of other classes.  I enjoy posting here my email and of course playing games

I think I had better go get dressed its nearly 1PM.  That's the trouble when I come to the computer after breakfast, I lose track of time

, that was fun.

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

JaneS

I'm dipping PB Crackers and I took a break for lunch while more chocolate melts.  Back to work!!

Lloyd Hammond

JaneS good thing i do not live close to you, I would be in your kitchen often doing a taste test on your cookies. Larry this hot spot is not so hot. It and my hearing aids both are just a little better than nothing at all. may be like Nancy says I have selective hearing. but brother says they have very bad computer
service out here. sure is good to visit them but I am short of being home sick.
Have a great rest of the day,

Lloyd

Mary Ann

Lloyd, if you are almost homesick and Nancy doesn't want to go to Idaho, I think it is time you turn toward Missouri.  That will give you incentive for another trip next year.

Jane, I tried to think of a crack about dipping and dippy but none came to mind, so you're safe.  You put me to shame with all of your baking and cooking.  Even your dogs eat better than many people do.  Keep it up; it's what gets you to 87?  (80s anyway).

Gloria D, we have a Chinese restaurant near us and a meal costs $4.95, maybe less.  I'm not fond of Chinese, but I like what they have and their plates are always loaded, more than I can eat.  Of course, I usually bring half of my order home anyway.

I've been watching freighters go through the Soo locks and it amazes me how those superstructures make it across Lake Superior.  That is the only place those ships go (Great Lakes).  Some of the superstructures are the equivalent of 7 or 8 story buildings, plus the two or three story base ship.  And several are quite old but are kept in shape.

There are people in Lake Michigan and I assume they are body surfing.  The whitecaps are not very numerous today, nor very wild.

Mary Ann

Gloria

Good afternoon, just got my internet back. It has been off all day from the time I turned my PC on this morning. I finally found the Cox phone number and called. I could hear different noises on the phone and then the phone went off. So tried the internet again and it is on. I talked to a few other tenants here and they had no internet either. Odd, the TV and phone worked but not the PC. Glad it is back because it is almost time for my daughter to get on Skype. Do not want to miss that.
No other news so just want you to know I am OK. Sun is out and that makes 2 days in a row. Of course we have rain in the forecast again for tomorrow. We are more than double the normal rain fall for this month. Sure glad it was not snow. we would have had about 7 feet of it and this is only the 8th of the month.
See you all tomorrow morning I hope.

Reading the posts,
  AMY  only home made sop is any good, I dislike canned ones.
  LARRY 2 days in a row of sunshine here.

JOY  not much happening in my life lately so nothing to write about. No one interested about me complain about how my back feels. That is boring even to me.

JENNY  Matt could have a good career in the boy scouts later in life. Looks like her really enjoys it.

CAROL  my older son has been at his sister's place outside of Kingman and the weather has bee great, better than all the rain here.He and my DIL will be coming home on the 14th and is is supposed to be freezing when they get here.

GLORIA  de  I did not stay up to hear the results of the voting and was disgusted in the morning when I heard the governor here was reelected even after all the lies and messes she has made, but this has always been a democratic state. Very few Republicans have held that job.

LLOYD  a vacation is always great and time away from home and all the work but it is always good to get home again.

JOY  last month we all got letters from the company what own this building that wanted us to pay rent online. I will not do that, and only a few here have computers. We have a library with books on one side of the room and 4 computers on the other side of the room, they all need a tech to work on them, only one is working and only to play games, cannot get online anymore.

Mary Ann

Gloria, I would think the computers available to you would not be private as personal computers would be.  We are always advised to watch what we put on public computers.  Those computers may not fall under public computers, but I'd watch it!  I know you said you wouldn't do it anyway.  I might do it with my personal computer, but not a public one.  I do pay some bills by way of my bank.

Homemade foods are always better but if you don't cook and don't like store bought brands and don't eat those, what else can you eat?  The soup I mentioned to Amy is good, almost thick enough to be a stew.

Mary Ann

JaneS

MARY ANN, you could have said that I'm having a "dippy" day.  That's what I told my niece earlier.  Back to the job.  I took some time off to do some errands that were becoming necessary and now I'm making dog food.  Then back to the packing.  I finished all the crackers that my niece ordered for her friends.  The rest of their stuff will be ready when the girls go home for Christmas. 

That will be Bridget's last trip to or from school because she graduates in December.  I'm not sure of the date but I'm going to try to go.  It will probably be at night and I won't be able to unless someone goes with me...or I go with them.  We'll see!

Back to work...

Lloyd Hammond

Gloria this motor home is as good as home and smaller so not so much to clean.
Only thing I have found I so far i dislike enough i am going to change is the bathroom stool, it is way too short.is hard for us old folks to get up off of it.
It fits OK and is comfey enough other wise just too short. the generator sets up in the very front a good murfferling system on it so dont here it while parked and sleeping. good AC and Heater system both. and when it is not to hot or cold the dash heater or AC keeps you comfey enough. and with the gen up front and
bed in back you can run it and sleep comfey. also when you are parked where you have a electric plug like here at brother or a rv park you can hook up. and i fiend  that even with deisel fuel @ 3:39.9 and 8 MPH per galleon it leaves a little bit of$$$$ in your pocket over motells and you can pull into a truck stop
any time you need to take a rest day or night. good night and sweet dreams all'

Lloyd

JaneS

Good night Everyfriend!  I'm very tired and tomorrow's another day.  I wish you all a good night's rest and a happy day tomorrow.  And may God bless us, every one!

Amy

Good morning everyone..

Shoot, I thought the clock said 6 but it was only 5 ,I am up to stay now.
Managed to get done what needed yesterday. Swing covered, some laundry, split some kindling  and the fridge cleaned.

Today ,we are picking up our neighbour when he takes his truck in to get a plow put on and I need to deliver a quilt. Plus cleaning but that is a never ending job... and put the plexi glass in the screen door.  I don't need to look for work it follows me around!

Lindancer, would love to go to your buffet, this one has shrimp but no crab legs or lobster, which I thoroughly love.

Joy, I would be lost without my computer I was very nervous at first but now I am good to go! I have met friends from all over the world and didn't leave home.

Mary Ann, a bowl full of noodles with butter and garlic is a meal for me instead of potatoes..I am going to see if the store has that soup today.

Gloria, they are calling for snow today, not much but still snow. We know it is going to come sooner or later..Yesterday turned out so nice, I didn't wear a coat while doing the kindling just a fleece pullover.

Larry, it is nice to pull out a meal from the freezer that you and Pat have put together and not have it full of salt like the store bought tv dinners.

Jane, did you taste test any of these crackers?

Jimmy Dean

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  We had a gorgeous day yesterday and today....guess what?  We have a 100º chance of rain by noon.  When will it ever stop?  Nothing has a chance to get dry!

You ask if I taste test the candy as I go along.  The answer...only if it has coconut in it!  That's one kind of candy I can't keep my hands and my taste buds away from.  The rest is for others. 

I'll be off to Wally World for my shift at 10.  Wish me short lines and lots of smiles.  It will be BUSY!  It always is on Friday!

AMY, you are way too ambitious!  I haven't cut any wood since I stopped camping but I used to be pretty good at it.  I've had a nibble on the wood from my trees.  Someone is supposed to call me this week.  His wife works with my daughter.

I guess I better move on!  I have things to do before I can go to work because when I come home, chances are I won't feel like doing them when I get home.

Are the flies worse this year than every before?   I don't remember having so many in the house at this time of year ever before!  They're like a plague!  They even seem to attack me whenever I'm still.  Maybe I took the doggie screen down too soon.  Or maybe it's all the wet weather.  Or maybe it's just my turn!

Have a great day Everyfriend!  Swat flies!

Gloria

Good morning everyone, slept great last night for a change and still did not want to get up, I was so comfortable I did not want to move.

MARY ANN  the computers down in the library do not work except to play games on, cannot  get online with them and I will not do any banking online. What is the brand of soup you told Amy about, I must have missed it. My CNA helped me make some chicken stock for soup and I have the containers in the freezer so when I get the urge I will have that to make soup, Have enough to last the winter and I know what  is in it and not too much salt.

JANE  seems like most folks cannot see well driving at night as they age. I can see that in my sons now. Only if they have to do they drive after dark.

LLOYD  know what you mean about the stool being too low. In this building they are all tall enough. At my son's house where I lived before I bought a 3 inch thick seat(?) that fit under the seat. That worked good. I looked online for something but not sure where I got it now.

AMY  when my son gave me his old computer I did not want it. My grandson set it up and was telling me how to use it. I told him to write everything down because I would never remember. I was 70 at the time and now I would be lost without it. Chopping wood you generated enough heat to work without a coat. We have another storm coming in later today with more rain.

JANE  you and I would have to split that last goody that had coconut in it. Like you I never seem to get enough  of it.

Have a good day.